RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Fwd: Valcyvlovir: stopping qs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello again,Can anyone tell me if it is okay to stop valcyclovir for two weeks and then restart (see below)? Do I need to ween down the dose or can I just stop completely?Many thanks,Sent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:Date: February 11, 2013 11:31:43 PM ESTTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Tips/concerns on stopping valcyclovirHi all,We are planning to see Dr. Krigsman in the coming months. He wants us to stop valcyclovir/ketocanazole for 2 weeks before doing the stool tests. Are there certain precautions/concerns about stopping for two weeks? I would actually like to see if he does better or worse or no change with stopping. My son (6 and 48lbs) started taking it last July (original dosage was 750mg/day split 3x and then up to 1100-1200mg/day split 3x). I honestly am not sure it has had positive effects because he started getting several strep/pandas/pans flares about a month or so after starting the valtrex. I plan to run his hhv6 titer again before stopping. If anyone has any warnings/advice on stopping and possibly restarting valcyclovir please let me know.Also, our ND is recommending tapering it down over two months decreasing dose and frequency. Any thoughts on this?Many thanks,Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

I would go ahead and stop for two weeks. It's not something I would want to do often but I always try to stop every year just to see if we can drop it. It's always been a dismal failure but we try anyway.No need to taper, IMO.I'm not a doctor tho.Sent from my iPhone 5. These are not the typos you are looking for...

Hello again,Can anyone tell me if it is okay to stop valcyclovir for two weeks and then restart (see below)? Do I need to ween down the dose or can I just stop completely?Many thanks,Sent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:Date: February 11, 2013 11:31:43 PM ESTTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Tips/concerns on stopping valcyclovirHi all,We are planning to see Dr. Krigsman in the coming months. He wants us to stop valcyclovir/ketocanazole for 2 weeks before doing the stool tests. Are there certain precautions/concerns about stopping for two weeks? I would actually like to see if he does better or worse or no change with stopping. My son (6 and 48lbs) started taking it last July (original dosage was 750mg/day split 3x and then up to 1100-1200mg/day split 3x). I honestly am not sure it has had positive effects because he started getting several strep/pandas/pans flares about a month or so after starting the valtrex. I plan to run his hhv6 titer again before stopping. If anyone has any warnings/advice on stopping and possibly restarting valcyclovir please let me know.Also, our ND is recommending tapering it down over two months decreasing dose and frequency. Any thoughts on this?Many thanks,Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

It's fine to stop the valcyclovir for a bit for testing and to decide if it should be continued. A good trial of it is 90 days and he has been on it since July which is much longer. Definetly check his titers and then decide. To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:39 PM Subject: Fwd: Valcyvlovir: stopping qs

Hello again,Can anyone tell me if it is okay to stop valcyclovir for two weeks and then restart (see below)? Do I need to ween down the dose or can I just stop completely?Many thanks,Sent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:Date: February 11, 2013 11:31:43 PM ESTTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Tips/concerns on stopping valcyclovirHi all,We

are planning to see Dr. Krigsman in the coming months. He wants us to stop valcyclovir/ketocanazole for 2 weeks before doing the stool tests. Are there certain precautions/concerns about stopping for two weeks? I would actually like to see if he does better or worse or no change with stopping. My son (6 and 48lbs) started taking it last July (original dosage was 750mg/day split 3x and then up to 1100-1200mg/day split 3x). I honestly am not sure it has had positive effects because he started getting several strep/pandas/pans flares about a month or so after starting the valtrex. I plan to run his hhv6 titer again before stopping. If anyone has any warnings/advice on stopping and possibly restarting valcyclovir please let me know.Also, our ND is recommending tapering it down over two months decreasing dose and frequency. Any thoughts on this?Many

thanks,Sent from my iPhone

Guest guest

Thanks and Cheryl!Sent from my iPhone

It's fine to stop the valcyclovir for a bit for testing and to decide if it should be continued. A good trial of it is 90 days and he has been on it since July which is much longer. Definetly check his titers and then decide. To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:39 PM Subject: Fwd: Valcyvlovir: stopping qs

Hello again,Can anyone tell me if it is okay to stop valcyclovir for two weeks and then restart (see below)? Do I need to ween down the dose or can I just stop completely?Many thanks,Sent from my iPhoneBegin forwarded message:Date: February 11, 2013 11:31:43 PM ESTTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Tips/concerns on stopping valcyclovirHi all,We

are planning to see Dr. Krigsman in the coming months. He wants us to stop valcyclovir/ketocanazole for 2 weeks before doing the stool tests. Are there certain precautions/concerns about stopping for two weeks? I would actually like to see if he does better or worse or no change with stopping. My son (6 and 48lbs) started taking it last July (original dosage was 750mg/day split 3x and then up to 1100-1200mg/day split 3x). I honestly am not sure it has had positive effects because he started getting several strep/pandas/pans flares about a month or so after starting the valtrex. I plan to run his hhv6 titer again before stopping. If anyone has any warnings/advice on stopping and possibly restarting valcyclovir please let me know.Also, our ND is recommending tapering it down over two months decreasing dose and frequency. Any thoughts on this?Many

thanks,Sent from my iPhone