RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New Year!...to Anne...some info I found...from S.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What is hypopituitarism? Hypopituitarism, also called an underactive pituitary gland, is a condition that affects the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland -- usually resulting in a partial or complete loss of functioning of that lobe. The resulting symptoms depend on which hormones are no longer being produced by the gland. Because the pituitary gland affects the other endocrine organs, effects of hypopituitarism may be gradual or sudden and dramatic. What are the symptoms of hypopituitarism? Symptoms vary depending on what hormones are insufficiently produced by the pituitary gland. The following are common symptoms associated with reduced production of certain hormones: insufficient gonadotropins production (luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone) In premenopausal women, this leads to absent menstrual cycles, infertility, vaginal dryness, and loss of some female

characteristics. In men, this deficiency leads to impotence, shriveling of testes, decreased sperm production, infertility, and loss of some male characteristics. insufficient growth hormone production This usually produces no symptoms in adults. In children, this deficiency can lead to stunted growth and dwarfism. insufficient thyroid-stimulating hormone production This usually leads to an underactive thyroid and may cause confusion, cold intolerance, weight gain, constipation, and dry skin. insufficient corticotrophic production This rare deficiency leads to an underactive adrenal gland, resulting in low blood pressure, a low blood sugar level, fatigue, and a low tolerance for stress. insufficient prolactin production This rare deficiency may cause an inability to produce breastmilk after childbirth in some women. The symptoms of hypopituitarism may

resemble other conditions or medical problems. Consult a physician for diagnosis. Causes of hypopituitarism: Causes of hypopituitarism can directly affect the pituitary gland or indirectly through the hypothalamus, which in turn affects the pituitary gland. Causes of primary hypopituitarism (directly affecting pituitary gland): pituitary tumorsinadequate blood supply to pituitary glandinfections and/or inflammatory diseasessarcoidosis - a rare inflammation of the lymph nodes and other tissues throughout the bodyamyloidosis - a rare disease which causes the buildup of amyloid, a protein and starch, in tissues and organsradiation therapysurgical removal of pituitary tissueautoimmune diseases Causes of secondary hypopituitarism (affecting the hypothalamus): tumors of the

hypothalamusinflammatory diseasehead injuriessurgical damage to the pituitary and/or blood vessels or nerves leading to it How is hypopituitarism diagnosed? Symptoms of several underactive glands may help a physician diagnose hypopituitarism. In addition to a complete medical history and medical examination, diagnostic procedures for hypopituitarism may include: computed tomography (CT or CAT scan) - a non-invasive procedure that takes cross-sectional images of the brain or other internal organs; to detect any abnormalities that may not show up on an ordinary x-ray magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - a non-invasive procedure that produces two-dimensional views of an internal organ or structure, especially the brain or spinal cord. blood tests to measure hormone levels How is hypopituitarism treated? Treatment of hypopituitarism

depends on its cause. The goal of treatment is to restore the pituitary gland to normal function, producing normal levels of hormones. Specific treatment for hypopituitarism will be determined by your physician based on: your overall health and medical historyextent of the diseaseyour tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapiesexpectations for the course of the diseaseyour opinion or preference Treatment may include replacement hormone therapy, surgical tumor removal, and/or radiation therapy. Please rate the

quality of this article. Do you find this article to be helpful / informative? Poor Excellent Do you have any brief comments on this page: (up to 255

characters) Email this Page Solberg wrote: Anne, it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. The kids around us add that extra dimension...seeing it all through their eyes! I don't have adrenal problems but hopefully, when someone who is knowledgeable, is up to it...they will be able to answer

your questions. In the meantime maybe you can google sarc and hypopituitarism...... and get some added info. If you learn anything eye-opening please share it with us when you are able. But my prayers will still go out to you and your doctors to find the answers you need. I agree that good stress is still stress, so please try to rest when you can, take a warm bath, get a massage, listen to relaxing music. I pray your daughter holds on to her house. What a mess that has been for so many people. Share when you can because that also relieves stress. take care and soft hugs S.Anne Schmidt <annabanana60546 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Happy New Year to all!!!! I am a lurker, but it is hard for me to read all these e mails?

I want to reach out to each of you! The holiday was fantastic, and hectic. I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. Our younger daughter has been here with her 3yr old for 2 1/2 weeks and her husband 10 days, but they take very good care of me! I also have hypopituitarism, adrenal insufficiency caused by the neurosarc. So my main concern is avoiding adrenal crisis???? Been on er injections of prednisone, because even all this good stress is bad for me. Does anyone else have endocrine problems? My other daughter and son-in-law are one of the many who are dealing with the mortgage dilemma and are trying to hold onto to their place??? Stress is always there!Thanks for listening. Anne __________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

What is hypopituitarism? Hypopituitarism, also called an underactive pituitary gland, is a condition that affects the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland -- usually resulting in a partial or complete loss of functioning of that lobe. The resulting symptoms depend on which hormones are no longer being produced by the gland. Because the pituitary gland affects the other endocrine organs, effects of hypopituitarism may be gradual or sudden and dramatic. What are the symptoms of hypopituitarism? Symptoms vary depending on what hormones are insufficiently produced by the pituitary gland. The following are common symptoms associated with reduced production of certain hormones: insufficient gonadotropins production (luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone) In premenopausal women, this leads to absent menstrual cycles, infertility, vaginal dryness, and loss of some female

characteristics. In men, this deficiency leads to impotence, shriveling of testes, decreased sperm production, infertility, and loss of some male characteristics. insufficient growth hormone production This usually produces no symptoms in adults. In children, this deficiency can lead to stunted growth and dwarfism. insufficient thyroid-stimulating hormone production This usually leads to an underactive thyroid and may cause confusion, cold intolerance, weight gain, constipation, and dry skin. insufficient corticotrophic production This rare deficiency leads to an underactive adrenal gland, resulting in low blood pressure, a low blood sugar level, fatigue, and a low tolerance for stress. insufficient prolactin production This rare deficiency may cause an inability to produce breastmilk after childbirth in some women. The symptoms of hypopituitarism may

resemble other conditions or medical problems. Consult a physician for diagnosis. Causes of hypopituitarism: Causes of hypopituitarism can directly affect the pituitary gland or indirectly through the hypothalamus, which in turn affects the pituitary gland. Causes of primary hypopituitarism (directly affecting pituitary gland): pituitary tumorsinadequate blood supply to pituitary glandinfections and/or inflammatory diseasessarcoidosis - a rare inflammation of the lymph nodes and other tissues throughout the bodyamyloidosis - a rare disease which causes the buildup of amyloid, a protein and starch, in tissues and organsradiation therapysurgical removal of pituitary tissueautoimmune diseases Causes of secondary hypopituitarism (affecting the hypothalamus): tumors of the

hypothalamusinflammatory diseasehead injuriessurgical damage to the pituitary and/or blood vessels or nerves leading to it How is hypopituitarism diagnosed? Symptoms of several underactive glands may help a physician diagnose hypopituitarism. In addition to a complete medical history and medical examination, diagnostic procedures for hypopituitarism may include: computed tomography (CT or CAT scan) - a non-invasive procedure that takes cross-sectional images of the brain or other internal organs; to detect any abnormalities that may not show up on an ordinary x-ray magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - a non-invasive procedure that produces two-dimensional views of an internal organ or structure, especially the brain or spinal cord. blood tests to measure hormone levels How is hypopituitarism treated? Treatment of hypopituitarism

depends on its cause. The goal of treatment is to restore the pituitary gland to normal function, producing normal levels of hormones. Specific treatment for hypopituitarism will be determined by your physician based on: your overall health and medical historyextent of the diseaseyour tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapiesexpectations for the course of the diseaseyour opinion or preference Treatment may include replacement hormone therapy, surgical tumor removal, and/or radiation therapy. Please rate the

quality of this article. Do you find this article to be helpful / informative? Poor Excellent Do you have any brief comments on this page: (up to 255

characters) Email this Page Solberg wrote: Anne, it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. The kids around us add that extra dimension...seeing it all through their eyes! I don't have adrenal problems but hopefully, when someone who is knowledgeable, is up to it...they will be able to answer

your questions. In the meantime maybe you can google sarc and hypopituitarism...... and get some added info. If you learn anything eye-opening please share it with us when you are able. But my prayers will still go out to you and your doctors to find the answers you need. I agree that good stress is still stress, so please try to rest when you can, take a warm bath, get a massage, listen to relaxing music. I pray your daughter holds on to her house. What a mess that has been for so many people. Share when you can because that also relieves stress. take care and soft hugs S.Anne Schmidt <annabanana60546 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Happy New Year to all!!!! I am a lurker, but it is hard for me to read all these e mails?

I want to reach out to each of you! The holiday was fantastic, and hectic. I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. Our younger daughter has been here with her 3yr old for 2 1/2 weeks and her husband 10 days, but they take very good care of me! I also have hypopituitarism, adrenal insufficiency caused by the neurosarc. So my main concern is avoiding adrenal crisis???? Been on er injections of prednisone, because even all this good stress is bad for me. Does anyone else have endocrine problems? My other daughter and son-in-law are one of the many who are dealing with the mortgage dilemma and are trying to hold onto to their place??? Stress is always there!Thanks for listening. Anne __________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.