RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: questions re medication

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Cathy, The round face goes away slowly when you are able to get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any steroids now and have been off for a few years, I like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to the list, but I really want to stay away from Prednisone if at all possible, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror, since my face is better it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is good, we are here and able to be with our family. God BLess, Marl a

Thank you! I will try all of that! I really appreciate all of your knowlege!!! I can't explain how much hope this group has given me. I felt so alone in the dark and scared before. Not that I am still not scared about the future, but I am not alone any more and i am not completely in the dark. Thank you soooooo much!

Is there anything to get rid of this very round face from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't look anything like me. But...... I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3 wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't matter how I look. They still love me and I am still here thank God!!

Thanks again! Cathytracie feldhaus wrote:

The Internist that I used to work for always took 2Rolaids before he went running. He swore that it keptthe lactic acid from building up. Personally, I usethe MSM Powder before I try to do anything that mimics

exercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some extrafluids down (Gatorade works well to balance theelectroylytes) and that seems to help. One thing to do before you start out is to do somestretches where you raise up on your toes, hold it--

and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf musclesstretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it there

for a count of 30, working up to a minute to

90seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a bitmore flexible. START SLOW!!!!As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYERLAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- anda blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you stay

as warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea workswell also-- Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator--- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Tracie,> Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if> there is anything we can do to clear the excess> lactic acid other than stay well hydrated? Yesterday> I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite a

> way (way further than I had walked for months) to> get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.> Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the car> and had to walk back to get it because my little

> sons

were at their friends house. Of course my legs> kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting and> the muscles were getting really tight. The game> lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was

> in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm enough> but I could barely get back to the car. My legs were> cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting> to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.

> Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all> night because of pain and today had to go back to> using my walker. I suppose it was a combination of> so much walking and> the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal

> with this cold weather thing because I am not going> to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids are> the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone> else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?

> Praying for

painfree days filled with love and joy> for all of you!> Cathy> > tracie feldhaus wrote:> Marla,

> I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I> learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for us> walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store> or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up in

> our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in someone> healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs> and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much more> intense.> Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of

> my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the mall--> it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this> is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised> -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going to

> our vital organs-- so it deprives it

from the> extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the> neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to> me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting> the strength and recovery from exercise (movement).

> > How long has it been since you've had a lung> function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you> do go out on what would be a normal excursion for> the rest of the family.> You and I both know this goes back to the same

> bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking Placard.> It's alot more " embarrassing " to those we're with--> as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so> they fight these changes.

> As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep> yourself as functional as possible. If this means> that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they> get pissy, run them over.....>

> Love you,> Tracie>

> > Re: questions re> medication> > > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,

> > some days I think I really> > don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I> find> > I feel better because> > all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> > crazy that I want a wheel

> > chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and> I> > can't walk for very> > long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> > the more I use

my legs,> > the weaker they become and it's hard to explain> that> > weakness feeling. Well> > thanks for the information I really appreciate it!> > > Marla> >

> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>> wrote:> > > > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the

> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so

> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel> and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became> so> > exhausted from the

> > > lowered immune

system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.

> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and

> > because they have no regard> > > for the " person " my hearing isn't until 3/12,> well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.

> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.

> > > How many are on, or

had good results from> Humaria,> > another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if

> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company> denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up

> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but> can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated!> God> > Bless, Marla

> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises

> of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/> never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>

> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________> _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

> > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with> Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Hey Cathy,

I'm a wall hugger too!

I walk with a forearm crutch most of the time, but when I am at home or just walking around, I try not to use it so much. Then I crash. Without warning, just like you said, right into the wall. I just tip over. Just like I am drunk, where did my balance go?

You would think after 2 years that I would have gotten used to it, but nooooooo. I just smashed, face first into the wall, here at my office this morning. Only two co-workers saw me but they are used to it. I didn't fall down this time, nothing hurt but my pride.

--- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> some days I think I really> don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I find> I feel better because> all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> crazy that I want a wheel> chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and I> can't walk for very> long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> the more I use my legs,> the weaker they become and it's hard to explain that> weakness feeling. Well> thanks for the information I really appreciate it! > Marla> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>

wrote:> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> you can give yourself at> > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> infusion. I'll have to> > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> Remicade-- in that it> > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> entire immune system-- so> > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> felt better as far as the> > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> exhausted from the> > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > *huggs*> > *Tracie*> >> > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> Pacific Standard Time,> > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> >> > I have questions some of you might be able to> answer, I am still> > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> because they have no regard> > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> by then I may not be able> > to walk at all, not that they care.> > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> head and start medication> > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> good results with Remicade> > and some not.> > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> another drug the doctor> > is talking about?> > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> sure what to go with, if> > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> it, we cannot continue to> > do

it, just too expensive. But what about the> other drugs, I have looked up> > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> do at home and not in the> > hospital?> > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> Bless, Marla> >> > --> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> all time on AOL>Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay. com/mbramer

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Hey Cathy,

I'm a wall hugger too!

I walk with a forearm crutch most of the time, but when I am at home or just walking around, I try not to use it so much. Then I crash. Without warning, just like you said, right into the wall. I just tip over. Just like I am drunk, where did my balance go?

You would think after 2 years that I would have gotten used to it, but nooooooo. I just smashed, face first into the wall, here at my office this morning. Only two co-workers saw me but they are used to it. I didn't fall down this time, nothing hurt but my pride.

--- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> some days I think I really> don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I find> I feel better because> all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> crazy that I want a wheel> chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and I> can't walk for very> long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> the more I use my legs,> the weaker they become and it's hard to explain that> weakness feeling. Well> thanks for the information I really appreciate it! > Marla> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>

wrote:> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> you can give yourself at> > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> infusion. I'll have to> > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> Remicade-- in that it> > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> entire immune system-- so> > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> felt better as far as the> > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> exhausted from the> > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > *huggs*> > *Tracie*> >> > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> Pacific Standard Time,> > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> >> > I have questions some of you might be able to> answer, I am still> > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> because they have no regard> > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> by then I may not be able> > to walk at all, not that they care.> > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> head and start medication> > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> good results with Remicade> > and some not.> > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> another drug the doctor> > is talking about?> > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> sure what to go with, if> > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> it, we cannot continue to> > do

it, just too expensive. But what about the> other drugs, I have looked up> > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> do at home and not in the> > hospital?> > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> Bless, Marla> >> > --> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> all time on AOL>Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay. com/mbramer

Guest guest

Hi Marla, I am glad you've been able to stay off of prednisone for 2 years. I am going to the neurologist a week from today. I want to tell him I want to stop taking prednisone and find out more about methotrexate. When I wean down on prednisone my cough and lung symptoms come back. Does methotrexate seem to help with the lungs or neuro symptoms? I figure it must because it seems like most people with sarc take it. The plaquanil helped a lot with the pain. I really really really want to stop prednisone and not take it again. I was thinking of asking him next week if I can stop prednisone and try methotrexate. I have to be careful with my liver since they found out I have that other disease too. I started taking milk thistle to help my liver. Right now my liver enzymes are fine I think. I had blood drawn again a few weeks ago and will get the results next week when I see the neurologist. Can you tell me more about your experiences with methotrexate?

Thanks!! Have a blessed day! CathyMarla Bramer wrote: Hi Cathy, The round face goes away slowly when you are able to get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any steroids now and have been off for a few years, I like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to the list, but I really want to stay away from Prednisone if at all

possible, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror, since my face is better it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is good, we are here and able to be with our family. God BLess, Marl a On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Cathy Borden <csamom3 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Thank you! I will try all of that! I really appreciate all of your knowlege!!! I can't explain how much hope this group has given me. I felt so alone in the dark and scared before. Not that I am still not scared about the future, but I am not alone any more and i am not completely in the dark. Thank you soooooo much! Is there anything to get rid of this very round face

from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't look anything like me. But...... I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3 wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't matter how I look. They still love me and I am still here thank God!! Thanks again! Cathytracie feldhaus <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote: The Internist that I used to work for always took 2Rolaids before he went running. He swore that it keptthe lactic acid from building up. Personally, I usethe MSM Powder before I try to do anything that mimicsexercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some extrafluids down (Gatorade works well to balance theelectroylytes) and that seems to help. One thing to do before you start out is to do somestretches where you raise up on your

toes, hold it--and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf musclesstretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it therefor a count of 30, working up to a minute to 90seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a bitmore flexible. START SLOW!!!!As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYERLAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- anda blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you stayas warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea workswell also-- Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator --- Cathy Borden <csamom3 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> Tracie,> Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if> there is anything we can do to clear the excess> lactic acid

other than stay well hydrated? Yesterday> I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite a> way (way further than I had walked for months) to> get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.> Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the car> and had to walk back to get it because my little> sons were at their friends house. Of course my legs> kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting and> the muscles were getting really tight. The game> lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was> in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm enough> but I could barely get back to the car. My legs were> cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting> to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.> Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all> night because of pain and today had to go back to> using my walker. I suppose it was a combination

of> so much walking and> the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal> with this cold weather thing because I am not going> to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids are> the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone> else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?> Praying for painfree days filled with love and joy> for all of you!> Cathy> > tracie feldhaus <tiodaat2001 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> Marla,> I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I> learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for us> walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store> or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up in> our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in someone> healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs> and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much

more> intense.> Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of> my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the mall--> it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this> is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised> -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going to> our vital organs-- so it deprives it from the> extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the> neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to> me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting> the strength and recovery from exercise (movement). > > How long has it been since you've had a lung> function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you> do go out on what would be a normal excursion for> the rest of the family.> You and I both know this goes back to the same> bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking Placard.> It's alot more "embarrassing" to those

we're with--> as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so> they fight these changes.> As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep> yourself as functional as possible. If this means> that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they> get pissy, run them over.....> > Love you,> Tracie> > > Re: questions re> medication> > > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> > some days I think I really> >

don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I> find> > I feel better because> > all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> > crazy that I want a wheel> > chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and> I> > can't walk for very> > long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> > the more I use my legs,> > the weaker they become and it's hard to explain> that> > weakness feeling. Well> > thanks for the information I really appreciate it!> > > Marla> > > > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>> wrote:> > > > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works

like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel> and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became> so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing

isn't until 3/12,> well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from> Humaria,> > another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company> denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but> can> > do at home and not in the> > >

hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated!> God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises> of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/> never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________>

_________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs> > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with> Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Hi Marla, I am glad you've been able to stay off of prednisone for 2 years. I am going to the neurologist a week from today. I want to tell him I want to stop taking prednisone and find out more about methotrexate. When I wean down on prednisone my cough and lung symptoms come back. Does methotrexate seem to help with the lungs or neuro symptoms? I figure it must because it seems like most people with sarc take it. The plaquanil helped a lot with the pain. I really really really want to stop prednisone and not take it again. I was thinking of asking him next week if I can stop prednisone and try methotrexate. I have to be careful with my liver since they found out I have that other disease too. I started taking milk thistle to help my liver. Right now my liver enzymes are fine I think. I had blood drawn again a few weeks ago and will get the results next week when I see the neurologist. Can you tell me more about your experiences with methotrexate?

Thanks!! Have a blessed day! CathyMarla Bramer wrote: Hi Cathy, The round face goes away slowly when you are able to get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any steroids now and have been off for a few years, I like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to the list, but I really want to stay away from Prednisone if at all

possible, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror, since my face is better it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is good, we are here and able to be with our family. God BLess, Marl a On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Cathy Borden <csamom3 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Thank you! I will try all of that! I really appreciate all of your knowlege!!! I can't explain how much hope this group has given me. I felt so alone in the dark and scared before. Not that I am still not scared about the future, but I am not alone any more and i am not completely in the dark. Thank you soooooo much! Is there anything to get rid of this very round face

from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't look anything like me. But...... I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3 wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't matter how I look. They still love me and I am still here thank God!! Thanks again! Cathytracie feldhaus <tiodaat (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote: The Internist that I used to work for always took 2Rolaids before he went running. He swore that it keptthe lactic acid from building up. Personally, I usethe MSM Powder before I try to do anything that mimicsexercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some extrafluids down (Gatorade works well to balance theelectroylytes) and that seems to help. One thing to do before you start out is to do somestretches where you raise up on your

toes, hold it--and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf musclesstretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it therefor a count of 30, working up to a minute to 90seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a bitmore flexible. START SLOW!!!!As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYERLAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- anda blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you stayas warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea workswell also-- Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator --- Cathy Borden <csamom3 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> Tracie,> Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if> there is anything we can do to clear the excess> lactic acid

other than stay well hydrated? Yesterday> I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite a> way (way further than I had walked for months) to> get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.> Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the car> and had to walk back to get it because my little> sons were at their friends house. Of course my legs> kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting and> the muscles were getting really tight. The game> lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was> in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm enough> but I could barely get back to the car. My legs were> cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting> to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.> Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all> night because of pain and today had to go back to> using my walker. I suppose it was a combination

of> so much walking and> the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal> with this cold weather thing because I am not going> to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids are> the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone> else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?> Praying for painfree days filled with love and joy> for all of you!> Cathy> > tracie feldhaus <tiodaat2001 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:> Marla,> I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I> learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for us> walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store> or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up in> our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in someone> healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs> and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much

more> intense.> Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of> my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the mall--> it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this> is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised> -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going to> our vital organs-- so it deprives it from the> extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the> neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to> me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting> the strength and recovery from exercise (movement). > > How long has it been since you've had a lung> function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you> do go out on what would be a normal excursion for> the rest of the family.> You and I both know this goes back to the same> bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking Placard.> It's alot more "embarrassing" to those

we're with--> as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so> they fight these changes.> As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep> yourself as functional as possible. If this means> that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they> get pissy, run them over.....> > Love you,> Tracie> > > Re: questions re> medication> > > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> > some days I think I really> >

don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I> find> > I feel better because> > all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> > crazy that I want a wheel> > chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and> I> > can't walk for very> > long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> > the more I use my legs,> > the weaker they become and it's hard to explain> that> > weakness feeling. Well> > thanks for the information I really appreciate it!> > > Marla> > > > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>> wrote:> > > > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works

like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel> and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became> so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing

isn't until 3/12,> well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from> Humaria,> > another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company> denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but> can> > do at home and not in the> > >

hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated!> God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises> of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/> never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________>

_________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs> > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with> Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Hi Karla, I was thinking just yesterday about a forearm crutch. I have a walker that they gave me in the hospital last summer. It's great to help me with balance if Im walking a "long" (long for us) distance on flat surfaces, but on grass it makes walking harder. My son is playing baseball and it seems there's quite a walk from the parking lot to the fields at all the schools. I was thinking about getting a cane, but then I thought with the balance thing maybe I needed one in both hands because I seem to fall to either side without warning. I don't know what to do. On the days my husband is off work and can go to the games, I just hold onto him, but he's working so much overtime since I can't work that he's not usually there. Does the forearm crutch seem to help more than a cane? Thanks! CathyKarla Schell wrote: Hey Cathy, I'm a wall hugger too! I walk with a forearm crutch most of the time, but when I am at home or just walking around, I try not to use it so much. Then I crash. Without warning, just like you said, right into the wall. I just tip over. Just like I am drunk, where

did my balance go? You would think after 2 years that I would have gotten used to it, but nooooooo. I just smashed, face first into the wall, here at my office this morning. Only two co-workers saw me but they are used to it. I didn't fall down this time, nothing hurt but my pride. Re: questions re medication --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> some days I think I really> don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I find> I feel better because> all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> crazy that I want a wheel> chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and I> can't walk for very> long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> the more I use my legs,> the weaker they become and it's hard to explain that> weakness feeling. Well> thanks for the information I really appreciate it! > Marla> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> you can give yourself at> > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> infusion. I'll have to> > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> Remicade-- in that it> > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> entire immune system-- so> > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> felt better as far as the> > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> exhausted from the> > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > *huggs*> > *Tracie*> >> > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> Pacific Standard Time,> > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> >> > I have questions some of you might be able to> answer, I am still> > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> because they have no regard> > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> by then I may not be able> > to walk at all, not that they care.> > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> head and start medication> > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> good results with Remicade> > and some not.> > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> another drug the doctor> > is talking about?> > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> sure what to go with, if> > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> it, we cannot continue to> > do it, just too

expensive. But what about the> other drugs, I have looked up> > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> do at home and not in the> > hospital?> > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> Bless, Marla> >> > --> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> all time on AOL>Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay. com/mbramer Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Hi Karla, I was thinking just yesterday about a forearm crutch. I have a walker that they gave me in the hospital last summer. It's great to help me with balance if Im walking a "long" (long for us) distance on flat surfaces, but on grass it makes walking harder. My son is playing baseball and it seems there's quite a walk from the parking lot to the fields at all the schools. I was thinking about getting a cane, but then I thought with the balance thing maybe I needed one in both hands because I seem to fall to either side without warning. I don't know what to do. On the days my husband is off work and can go to the games, I just hold onto him, but he's working so much overtime since I can't work that he's not usually there. Does the forearm crutch seem to help more than a cane? Thanks! CathyKarla Schell wrote: Hey Cathy, I'm a wall hugger too! I walk with a forearm crutch most of the time, but when I am at home or just walking around, I try not to use it so much. Then I crash. Without warning, just like you said, right into the wall. I just tip over. Just like I am drunk, where

did my balance go? You would think after 2 years that I would have gotten used to it, but nooooooo. I just smashed, face first into the wall, here at my office this morning. Only two co-workers saw me but they are used to it. I didn't fall down this time, nothing hurt but my pride. Re: questions re medication --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> some days I think I really> don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I find> I feel better because> all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> crazy that I want a wheel> chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and I> can't walk for very> long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> the more I use my legs,> the weaker they become and it's hard to explain that> weakness feeling. Well> thanks for the information I really appreciate it! > Marla> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> you can give yourself at> > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> infusion. I'll have to> > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> Remicade-- in that it> > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> entire immune system-- so> > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> felt better as far as the> > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> exhausted from the> > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > *huggs*> > *Tracie*> >> > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> Pacific Standard Time,> > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> >> > I have questions some of you might be able to> answer, I am still> > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> because they have no regard> > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> by then I may not be able> > to walk at all, not that they care.> > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> head and start medication> > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> good results with Remicade> > and some not.> > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> another drug the doctor> > is talking about?> > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> sure what to go with, if> > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> it, we cannot continue to> > do it, just too

expensive. But what about the> other drugs, I have looked up> > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> do at home and not in the> > hospital?> > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> Bless, Marla> >> > --> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> all time on AOL>Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. -- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) comwww.marykay. com/mbramer Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Karla,

Don't feel bad. When I was still working I used to crash into a chair

in my big boss's office everytime I went in. He offered to move it but

I was the only one who had a problem with it. Of course everything went

downhill from there and I am on disability now.....but hey, just laugh

about it. Hopefully, you are not all bruised up.

Terri G.

> >

> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections

> > you can give yourself at

> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the

> > infusion. I'll have to

> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like

> > Remicade-- in that it

> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the

> > entire immune system-- so

> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and

> > felt better as far as the

> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so

> > exhausted from the

> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *

> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*

> > > *huggs*

> > > *Tracie*

> > >

> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.

> > Pacific Standard Time,

> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:

> > >

> > > I have questions some of you might be able to

> > answer, I am still

> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and

> > because they have no regard

> > > for the " person " my hearing isn't until 3/12, well

> > by then I may not be able

> > > to walk at all, not that they care.

> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go

> > head and start medication

> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had

> > good results with Remicade

> > > and some not.

> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,

> > another drug the doctor

> > > is talking about?

> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not

> > sure what to go with, if

> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies

> > it, we cannot continue to

> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the

> > other drugs, I have looked up

> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can

> > do at home and not in the

> > > hospital?

> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God

> > Bless, Marla

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------ --------- ---------

> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of

> > all time on AOL

> >

> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy?

NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Marla Bramer

> > Independent Beauty Consultant

> > Kay

> >

> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

> > www.marykay. com/mbramer

> >

>

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try

it now.

>

>

>

> --

> Marla Bramer

> Independent Beauty Consultant

> Kay

>

> mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

> www.marykay. com/mbramer

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________\

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Guest guest

Karla,

Don't feel bad. When I was still working I used to crash into a chair

in my big boss's office everytime I went in. He offered to move it but

I was the only one who had a problem with it. Of course everything went

downhill from there and I am on disability now.....but hey, just laugh

about it. Hopefully, you are not all bruised up.

Terri G.

> >

> > exhausted from the

> > > *huggs*

> > > *Tracie*

> > >

> > >

> > answer, I am still

> > > and some not.

> > > is talking about?

> > > hospital?

> > Bless, Marla

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > all time on AOL

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Marla Bramer

> > Kay

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

it now.

>

>

>

> --

> Marla Bramer

> Kay

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________\

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

Guest guest

Cathy,

Sorry to butt in but I have a friend with MS who used to use 2, 3 prong

canes.

Just an FYI.

Terri G.

> >

> > exhausted from the

> > > *huggs*

> > > *Tracie*

> > >

> > >

> > answer, I am still

> > > and some not.

> > > is talking about?

> > > hospital?

> > Bless, Marla

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > all time on AOL

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Marla Bramer

> > Kay

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Marla Bramer

> Kay

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Cathy,

Sorry to butt in but I have a friend with MS who used to use 2, 3 prong

canes.

Just an FYI.

Terri G.

> >

> > exhausted from the

> > > *huggs*

> > > *Tracie*

> > >

> > >

> > answer, I am still

> > > and some not.

> > > is talking about?

> > > hospital?

> > Bless, Marla

> > >

> > > --

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > all time on AOL

> >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Marla Bramer

> > Kay

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Marla Bramer

> Kay

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Terri, Please feel free to jump in any of my conversations. I am a sponge at this point trying to soak up all the info I can. Thanks so much! Cathymosaicgirl1 wrote: Cathy,Sorry to butt in but I have a friend with MS who used to use 2, 3 prongcanes.Just an FYI.Terri G.> >> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it.

*> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,>

> another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won-

a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>>>>>> --> Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> >

mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Hi Terri, Please feel free to jump in any of my conversations. I am a sponge at this point trying to soak up all the info I can. Thanks so much! Cathymosaicgirl1 wrote: Cathy,Sorry to butt in but I have a friend with MS who used to use 2, 3 prongcanes.Just an FYI.Terri G.> >> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it.

*> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,>

> another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won-

a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>>>>>> --> Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> >

mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>> ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Cathy,

One thing you may want to request is that you start

Methotrexate as you are weaning off the prednisone. I

don't know if I told you that if you do MTX injections

that it bypasses the liver-- but that is definately a

choice.

Since you are on Plaquenil-- that seems to help the

lung issues for me, and alot of the body muscle

rigidness.(I ran out this week, and havent' had any

for the last 4 days (I'll pick up some today) and boy

do I notice a huge difference in my back muscles.

MTX takes about 3-6 months to really make a

difference-- so don't expect fast improvement. If MTX

is not a choice-- then you may want to discuss Imuran.

AS WITH ANY IMMUNOSUPPRESSANTS-- YOU MUST TAKE FOLIC

ACID 1 MG DAILY. THEY ALL BLOW OUT YOUR B VITAMINS--

AND CAN CAUSE PERNICIOUS ANEMIA! Get the MD to write a

script, so that you can get it via your insurance

plan. (It is super cheap, so you can do it w/o-- but

you can't always count on the strength of the over the

counter)

It is so important to get monthly CBC's and LFT's

(liver function tests) when on immunosuppressants-- as

this can stop you from going into more serious

problems at the first sign there's something amiss.

WWW.ARTHRITIS.ORG has a great annual Drug edition--

and if you can pull up one from 2007 or before, they

put all the info in one edition. This year, they are

trying a new approach, and that is to go over one drug

type Ie. Pain meds, then next issue, DMARDS, etc.

What i find with the MTX is that I will feel like I've

got a mild case of the flu for a day or two after I

take it-- so I generally take the dose on Wed so that

by the weekend, I have some energy to play with the

family.

Blessings to you,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

--- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Hi Marla,

> I am glad you've been able to stay off of

> prednisone for 2 years. I am going to the

> neurologist a week from today. I want to tell him I

> want to stop taking prednisone and find out more

> about methotrexate. When I wean down on prednisone

> my cough and lung symptoms come back. Does

> methotrexate seem to help with the lungs or neuro

> symptoms? I figure it must because it seems like

> most people with sarc take it. The plaquanil helped

> a lot with the pain. I really really really want to

> stop prednisone and not take it again. I was

> thinking of asking him next week if I can stop

> prednisone and try methotrexate. I have to be

> careful with my liver since they found out I have

> that other disease too. I started taking milk

> thistle to help my liver. Right now my liver enzymes

> are fine I think. I had blood drawn again a few

> weeks ago and will get the results next week when I

> see the neurologist. Can you tell me more about your

> experiences with methotrexate? Thanks!!

> Have a blessed day!

> Cathy

>

> Marla Bramer wrote:

> Hi Cathy,

> The round face goes away slowly when you are able to

> get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of

> steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get

> rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any

> steroids now and have been off for a few years, I

> like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with

> my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to

> the list, but I really want to stay away from

> Prednisone if at all possible, I know what you mean

> about looking in the mirror, since my face is better

> it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that

> is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is

> good, we are here and able to be with our family.

> God BLess, Marl a

>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Cathy Borden

> wrote:

>

> Thank you! I will try all of that! I really

> appreciate all of your knowlege!!!

> I can't explain how much hope this group has given

> me. I felt so alone in the dark and scared before.

> Not that I am still not scared about the future, but

> I am not alone any more and i am not completely in

> the dark. Thank you soooooo much!

> Is there anything to get rid of this very round

> face from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate

> what I see. I don't look anything like me. But......

> I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3

> wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't

> matter how I look. They still love me and I am still

> here thank God!!

> Thanks again!

> Cathy

>

> tracie feldhaus wrote:

> The Internist that I used to work for always

> took 2

> Rolaids before he went running. He swore that it

> kept

> the lactic acid from building up. Personally, I use

> the MSM Powder before I try to do anything that

> mimics

> exercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some

> extra

> fluids down (Gatorade works well to balance the

> electroylytes) and that seems to help.

> One thing to do before you start out is to do some

> stretches where you raise up on your toes, hold it--

> and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf muscles

> stretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,

> or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--

> and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it

> there

> for a count of 30, working up to a minute to 90

> seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a

> bit

> more flexible. START SLOW!!!!

> As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYER

> LAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- and

> a blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you

> stay

> as warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea

> works

> well also--

>

> Hope this helps,

> Tracie

> NS Co-owner/moderator

>

> --- Cathy Borden wrote:

>

> > Tracie,

> > Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if

> > there is anything we can do to clear the excess

> > lactic acid other than stay well hydrated?

> Yesterday

> > I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite

> a

> > way (way further than I had walked for months) to

> > get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.

> > Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the

> car

> > and had to walk back to get it because my little

> > sons were at their friends house. Of course my

> legs

> > kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting

> and

> > the muscles were getting really tight. The game

> > lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was

> > in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm

> enough

> > but I could barely get back to the car. My legs

> were

> > cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting

> > to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.

> > Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all

> > night because of pain and today had to go back to

> > using my walker. I suppose it was a combination of

> > so much walking and

> > the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal

> > with this cold weather thing because I am not

> going

> > to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids

> are

> > the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone

> > else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?

> > Praying for painfree days filled with love and joy

> > for all of you!

> > Cathy

> >

> > tracie feldhaus wrote:

> > Marla,

> > I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I

> > learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for

> us

> > walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store

> > or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up

> in

> > our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in

> someone

> > healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs

> > and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much

> more

> > intense.

> > Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of

> > my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the

> mall--

> > it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this

> > is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised

> > -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going

> to

> > our vital organs-- so it deprives it from the

> > extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the

> > neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to

> > me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting

> > the strength and recovery from exercise

> (movement).

> >

> > How long has it been since you've had a lung

> > function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you

> > do go out on what would be a normal excursion for

> > the rest of the family.

> > You and I both know this goes back to the same

> > bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking

> Placard.

> > It's alot more " embarrassing " to those we're

> with--

> > as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so

> > they fight these changes.

> > As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep

> > yourself as functional as possible. If this means

> > that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they

> > get pissy, run them over.....

> >

> > Love you,

> > Tracie

> >

> >

> > Re: questions re

> > medication

> >

> >

> > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

> >

> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all

> this,

> > > some days I think I really

> > > don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I

> > find

> > > I feel better because

>

=== message truncated ===

Guest guest

Cathy,

One thing you may want to request is that you start

Methotrexate as you are weaning off the prednisone. I

don't know if I told you that if you do MTX injections

that it bypasses the liver-- but that is definately a

choice.

Since you are on Plaquenil-- that seems to help the

lung issues for me, and alot of the body muscle

rigidness.(I ran out this week, and havent' had any

for the last 4 days (I'll pick up some today) and boy

do I notice a huge difference in my back muscles.

MTX takes about 3-6 months to really make a

difference-- so don't expect fast improvement. If MTX

is not a choice-- then you may want to discuss Imuran.

AS WITH ANY IMMUNOSUPPRESSANTS-- YOU MUST TAKE FOLIC

ACID 1 MG DAILY. THEY ALL BLOW OUT YOUR B VITAMINS--

AND CAN CAUSE PERNICIOUS ANEMIA! Get the MD to write a

script, so that you can get it via your insurance

plan. (It is super cheap, so you can do it w/o-- but

you can't always count on the strength of the over the

counter)

It is so important to get monthly CBC's and LFT's

(liver function tests) when on immunosuppressants-- as

this can stop you from going into more serious

problems at the first sign there's something amiss.

WWW.ARTHRITIS.ORG has a great annual Drug edition--

and if you can pull up one from 2007 or before, they

put all the info in one edition. This year, they are

trying a new approach, and that is to go over one drug

type Ie. Pain meds, then next issue, DMARDS, etc.

What i find with the MTX is that I will feel like I've

got a mild case of the flu for a day or two after I

take it-- so I generally take the dose on Wed so that

by the weekend, I have some energy to play with the

family.

Blessings to you,

Tracie

NS Co-owner/moderator

--- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Hi Marla,

> I am glad you've been able to stay off of

> prednisone for 2 years. I am going to the

> neurologist a week from today. I want to tell him I

> want to stop taking prednisone and find out more

> about methotrexate. When I wean down on prednisone

> my cough and lung symptoms come back. Does

> methotrexate seem to help with the lungs or neuro

> symptoms? I figure it must because it seems like

> most people with sarc take it. The plaquanil helped

> a lot with the pain. I really really really want to

> stop prednisone and not take it again. I was

> thinking of asking him next week if I can stop

> prednisone and try methotrexate. I have to be

> careful with my liver since they found out I have

> that other disease too. I started taking milk

> thistle to help my liver. Right now my liver enzymes

> are fine I think. I had blood drawn again a few

> weeks ago and will get the results next week when I

> see the neurologist. Can you tell me more about your

> experiences with methotrexate? Thanks!!

> Have a blessed day!

> Cathy

>

> Marla Bramer wrote:

> Hi Cathy,

> The round face goes away slowly when you are able to

> get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of

> steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get

> rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any

> steroids now and have been off for a few years, I

> like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with

> my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to

> the list, but I really want to stay away from

> Prednisone if at all possible, I know what you mean

> about looking in the mirror, since my face is better

> it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that

> is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is

> good, we are here and able to be with our family.

> God BLess, Marl a

>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Cathy Borden

> wrote:

>

> Thank you! I will try all of that! I really

> appreciate all of your knowlege!!!

> I can't explain how much hope this group has given

> me. I felt so alone in the dark and scared before.

> Not that I am still not scared about the future, but

> I am not alone any more and i am not completely in

> the dark. Thank you soooooo much!

> Is there anything to get rid of this very round

> face from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate

> what I see. I don't look anything like me. But......

> I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3

> wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't

> matter how I look. They still love me and I am still

> here thank God!!

> Thanks again!

> Cathy

>

> tracie feldhaus wrote:

> The Internist that I used to work for always

> took 2

> Rolaids before he went running. He swore that it

> kept

> the lactic acid from building up. Personally, I use

> the MSM Powder before I try to do anything that

> mimics

> exercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some

> extra

> fluids down (Gatorade works well to balance the

> electroylytes) and that seems to help.

> One thing to do before you start out is to do some

> stretches where you raise up on your toes, hold it--

> and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf muscles

> stretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,

> or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--

> and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it

> there

> for a count of 30, working up to a minute to 90

> seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a

> bit

> more flexible. START SLOW!!!!

> As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYER

> LAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- and

> a blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you

> stay

> as warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea

> works

> well also--

>

> Hope this helps,

> Tracie

> NS Co-owner/moderator

>

> --- Cathy Borden wrote:

>

> > Tracie,

> > Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if

> > there is anything we can do to clear the excess

> > lactic acid other than stay well hydrated?

> Yesterday

> > I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite

> a

> > way (way further than I had walked for months) to

> > get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.

> > Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the

> car

> > and had to walk back to get it because my little

> > sons were at their friends house. Of course my

> legs

> > kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting

> and

> > the muscles were getting really tight. The game

> > lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was

> > in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm

> enough

> > but I could barely get back to the car. My legs

> were

> > cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting

> > to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.

> > Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all

> > night because of pain and today had to go back to

> > using my walker. I suppose it was a combination of

> > so much walking and

> > the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal

> > with this cold weather thing because I am not

> going

> > to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids

> are

> > the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone

> > else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?

> > Praying for painfree days filled with love and joy

> > for all of you!

> > Cathy

> >

> > tracie feldhaus wrote:

> > Marla,

> > I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I

> > learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for

> us

> > walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store

> > or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up

> in

> > our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in

> someone

> > healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs

> > and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much

> more

> > intense.

> > Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of

> > my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the

> mall--

> > it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this

> > is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised

> > -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going

> to

> > our vital organs-- so it deprives it from the

> > extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the

> > neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to

> > me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting

> > the strength and recovery from exercise

> (movement).

> >

> > How long has it been since you've had a lung

> > function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you

> > do go out on what would be a normal excursion for

> > the rest of the family.

> > You and I both know this goes back to the same

> > bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking

> Placard.

> > It's alot more " embarrassing " to those we're

> with--

> > as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so

> > they fight these changes.

> > As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep

> > yourself as functional as possible. If this means

> > that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they

> > get pissy, run them over.....

> >

> > Love you,

> > Tracie

> >

> >

> > Re: questions re

> > medication

> >

> >

> > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

> >

> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all

> this,

> > > some days I think I really

> > > don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I

> > find

> > > I feel better because

>

=== message truncated ===

Guest guest

Hey guys, I fall all the time.. I've broken my shoulder.. last year I fell and broke my left ankle and my right foot.. Prednisone will cause our bones, teeth, etc.. to become weak.. soooo becareful..

hugs,

Karla,Don't feel bad. When I was still working I used to crash into a chairin my big boss's office everytime I went in. He offered to move it butI was the only one who had a problem with it. Of course everything wentdownhill from there and I am on disability now.....but hey, just laughabout it. Hopefully, you are not all bruised up.Terri G.> >> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> > another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>> --> Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>__________________________________________________________\____________> Be a better friend, newshound, and> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 - Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

Guest guest

Hey guys, I fall all the time.. I've broken my shoulder.. last year I fell and broke my left ankle and my right foot.. Prednisone will cause our bones, teeth, etc.. to become weak.. soooo becareful..

hugs,

Karla,Don't feel bad. When I was still working I used to crash into a chairin my big boss's office everytime I went in. He offered to move it butI was the only one who had a problem with it. Of course everything wentdownhill from there and I am on disability now.....but hey, just laughabout it. Hopefully, you are not all bruised up.Terri G.> >> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> > another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>> --> Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>__________________________________________________________\____________> Be a better friend, newshound, and> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1347 - Release Date: 3/27/2008 7:15 PM

Guest guest

Hi Cathy, Yes my journey with Methotrexate, I was put on this drug about 4 years ago, I was able to wean off the Pred. after I started the Methotrexate, I was put on Plaquanil for skin sarc, and it worked on the skin and the lungs, so that was a nice surprise, at that time it also helped with the neurosarc too, but about 6 months ago, the neuro came back, so the combination I am on is no longer working. But I had 4 good years, the skin is was up and down but it worse now then it's ever been. However not to discourage you, the Methotrexate along with the plaquanil worked very well on all my symptoms and I was able to go the Pred! Also you can get an injection instead of oral which I understand is easier on the liver, I take the pills once a week.

Good luck at your Neuro visit, I will keep you in my prayers, Marla

Thanks!! Have a blessed day! CathyMarla Bramer wrote:

Hi Cathy, The round face goes away slowly when you are able to get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any steroids now and have been off for a few years, I like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to the list, but I really want to stay away from Prednisone if at all

possible, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror, since my face is better it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is good, we are here and able to be with our family. God BLess, Marl a

Thank you! I will try all of that! I really appreciate all of your knowlege!!! I can't explain how much hope this group has given me. I felt so alone in the dark and scared before. Not that I am still not scared about the future, but I am not alone any more and i am not completely in the dark. Thank you soooooo much!

Is there anything to get rid of this very round face

from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't look anything like me. But...... I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3 wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't matter how I look. They still love me and I am still here thank God!!

The Internist that I used to work for always took 2Rolaids before he went running. He swore that it keptthe lactic acid from building up. Personally, I usethe MSM Powder before I try to do anything that mimics

exercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some extrafluids down (Gatorade works well to balance theelectroylytes) and that seems to help. One thing to do before you start out is to do somestretches where you raise up on your

toes, hold it--and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf musclesstretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it there

for a count of 30, working up to a minute to 90seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a bitmore flexible. START SLOW!!!!As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYERLAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- and

a blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you stayas warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea workswell also-- Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator --- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Tracie,> Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if> there is anything we can do to clear the excess> lactic acid

other than stay well hydrated? Yesterday> I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite a> way (way further than I had walked for months) to> get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.

> Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the car> and had to walk back to get it because my little> sons were at their friends house. Of course my legs> kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting and

> the muscles were getting really tight. The game> lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was> in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm enough> but I could barely get back to the car. My legs were

> cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting> to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.> Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all> night because of pain and today had to go back to

> using my walker. I suppose it was a combination

of> so much walking and> the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal> with this cold weather thing because I am not going> to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids are> the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone

> else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?> Praying for painfree days filled with love and joy> for all of you!> Cathy> > tracie feldhaus wrote:

> Marla,> I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I> learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for us> walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store> or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up in

> our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in someone> healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs> and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much

more> intense.> Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of> my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the mall--> it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this> is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised

> -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going to> our vital organs-- so it deprives it from the> extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the> neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to

> me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting> the strength and recovery from exercise (movement). > > How long has it been since you've had a lung> function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you

> do go out on what would be a normal excursion for> the rest of the family.> You and I both know this goes back to the same> bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking Placard.> It's alot more " embarrassing " to those

we're with--> as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so> they fight these changes.> As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep> yourself as functional as possible. If this means

> that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they> get pissy, run them over.....> > Love you,> Tracie> > > Re: questions re

> medication> > > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> > some days I think I really> >

don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I> find> > I feel better because> > all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> > crazy that I want a wheel> > chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and

> I> > can't walk for very> > long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> > the more I use my legs,> > the weaker they become and it's hard to explain> that

> > weakness feeling. Well> > thanks for the information I really appreciate it!> > > Marla> > > > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>> wrote:

> > > > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to

> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works

like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel> and

> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became> so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*

> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >

> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the " person " my hearing

isn't until 3/12,> well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication

> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from> Humaria,> > another drug the doctor

> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company> denies

> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but> can

> > do at home and not in the> > >

hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated!> God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >

> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises> of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/

> never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant

> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________>

_________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs> > > > > > > >

> > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with> Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...

www.marykay.com/mbramer Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Hi Cathy, Yes my journey with Methotrexate, I was put on this drug about 4 years ago, I was able to wean off the Pred. after I started the Methotrexate, I was put on Plaquanil for skin sarc, and it worked on the skin and the lungs, so that was a nice surprise, at that time it also helped with the neurosarc too, but about 6 months ago, the neuro came back, so the combination I am on is no longer working. But I had 4 good years, the skin is was up and down but it worse now then it's ever been. However not to discourage you, the Methotrexate along with the plaquanil worked very well on all my symptoms and I was able to go the Pred! Also you can get an injection instead of oral which I understand is easier on the liver, I take the pills once a week.

Good luck at your Neuro visit, I will keep you in my prayers, Marla

Thanks!! Have a blessed day! CathyMarla Bramer wrote:

Hi Cathy, The round face goes away slowly when you are able to get of steroids, as it comes from the high doses of steroids you are taking, it took me awhile to get rid of it, but it's gone now, I am not on any steroids now and have been off for a few years, I like Tracie am on Plaquanil, Metotrexate, and with my NS flaring getting ready to add another drug to the list, but I really want to stay away from Prednisone if at all

possible, I know what you mean about looking in the mirror, since my face is better it's easier, but I still have added weight, and that is hard for me, but again it is so true, God is good, we are here and able to be with our family. God BLess, Marl a

Is there anything to get rid of this very round face

from prednisone? I look in the mirror and hate what I see. I don't look anything like me. But...... I am alive and had another wonderful day with my 3 wonderful sons.... so oh well. I guess it doesn't matter how I look. They still love me and I am still here thank God!!

exercise-- and then I eat a banana and get some extrafluids down (Gatorade works well to balance theelectroylytes) and that seems to help. One thing to do before you start out is to do somestretches where you raise up on your

toes, hold it--and repeat 5 or 6 times to get those calf musclesstretched out-- also if you can use a wedge of wood,or open the cupboard door and put your toes on it--and keep the heel on the floor-- just holding it there

for a count of 30, working up to a minute to 90seconds-- this helps those calf muscles to keep a bitmore flexible. START SLOW!!!!As far as the cold and body pain-- LAYER, LAYERLAYERS! Thermals under your pants, shirts, etc-- and

a blanket to sit on and wrap up in-- so that you stayas warm as possible. A thermos of hot decaf tea workswell also-- Hope this helps,TracieNS Co-owner/moderator --- Cathy Borden wrote:

> Tracie,> Thanks for the info on lactic acid. Do you know if> there is anything we can do to clear the excess> lactic acid

other than stay well hydrated? Yesterday> I went to my son's ball game an had to walk quite a> way (way further than I had walked for months) to> get to the ball diamond from the parking lot.

> Surprise surprise, I forgot my cell phone in the car> and had to walk back to get it because my little> sons were at their friends house. Of course my legs> kept stopping on me as I tried to walk, hurting and

> the muscles were getting really tight. The game> lasted for almost 4 hours and the temp outside was> in the high 30s. I thought I was dressed warm enough> but I could barely get back to the car. My legs were

> cramping and hurting so bad and really not wanting> to move. My hips and back were hurting a lot too.> Even after 2 pain pills I was awake off and on all> night because of pain and today had to go back to

> using my walker. I suppose it was a combination

of> so much walking and> the cold weather. I have to figure out how to deal> with this cold weather thing because I am not going> to miss his games just because it hurts. My kids are> the world to me. Does the cold do this to anyone

> else? Any suggestions on how to best deal with it?> Praying for painfree days filled with love and joy> for all of you!> Cathy> > tracie feldhaus wrote:

> Marla,> I know I've talked about this-- but one thing I> learned from the dc is that when we exercise (for us> walk to the mailbox) or even try the grocery store> or the mall-- that the lactic acid that builds up in

> our muscles isn't cleared out like it is in someone> healthy. We store all those toxins-- in our lymphs> and muscles, so the fatigue to them is so much

more> intense.> Like you, I have had episodes (now more often) of> my legs wanting me to stop trying to hike the mall--> it's just too much. I also wonder how much of this> is due to the fact that if we are lung compromised

> -- our bodies are trying to keep the oxygen going to> our vital organs-- so it deprives it from the> extremities. I know this plays a huge part in the> neuropathy of our hands and feet-- and at least to

> me, it stands to reason that it would be effecting> the strength and recovery from exercise (movement). > > How long has it been since you've had a lung> function test? Where's your DLCO drop to when you

> do go out on what would be a normal excursion for> the rest of the family.> You and I both know this goes back to the same> bottom line as the Disabled Persons Parking Placard.> It's alot more " embarrassing " to those

we're with--> as they don't even think we need it-- (denial) so> they fight these changes.> As for you--- you need to do what you can to keep> yourself as functional as possible. If this means

> that you get a chair-- get a chair! and when they> get pissy, run them over.....> > Love you,> Tracie> > > Re: questions re

> medication> > > --- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> > > Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> > some days I think I really> >

don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I> find> > I feel better because> > all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> > crazy that I want a wheel> > chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and

> I> > can't walk for very> > long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> > the more I use my legs,> > the weaker they become and it's hard to explain> that

> > weakness feeling. Well> > thanks for the information I really appreciate it!> > > Marla> > > > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>> wrote:

> > > > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to

> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works

like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel> and

> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became> so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*

> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >

> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the " person " my hearing

isn't until 3/12,> well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication

> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from> Humaria,> > another drug the doctor

> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company> denies

> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but> can

> > do at home and not in the> > >

hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated!> God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >

> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises> of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/

> never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant

> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________>

_________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs> > > > > > > >

> > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with> Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...

www.marykay.com/mbramer Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Yes, the forearm crutch was what my therapist recommended for the "out of no where balance issues". Because it stays on your arm, you can catch yourself from falling in any direction and it is not as cumbersome as a walker. I have two crutches, but I have only used both when I was almost blind. Once I got my sight back, I chose to use just one to support my weaker right leg, I use it on the left arm and it has been a blessing. I can truly say that I have only fallen once since I got the crutches and that was the first week, when I was getting used to them ( I fell UP some stairs!).

The crutches have helped the best on uneven terrain, grass, gravel, anything outdoors. I am fine inside, on level surfaces, but honey, don't even think of taking me outside! I will trip over my own feet and land on my behind.

I kept dropping the cane and I would lose my balance, leaning over to pick it up!

Like movies? Here's a limited-time offer: Blockbuster Total Access for one month at no cost.

Guest guest

Yes, the forearm crutch was what my therapist recommended for the "out of no where balance issues". Because it stays on your arm, you can catch yourself from falling in any direction and it is not as cumbersome as a walker. I have two crutches, but I have only used both when I was almost blind. Once I got my sight back, I chose to use just one to support my weaker right leg, I use it on the left arm and it has been a blessing. I can truly say that I have only fallen once since I got the crutches and that was the first week, when I was getting used to them ( I fell UP some stairs!).

The crutches have helped the best on uneven terrain, grass, gravel, anything outdoors. I am fine inside, on level surfaces, but honey, don't even think of taking me outside! I will trip over my own feet and land on my behind.

I kept dropping the cane and I would lose my balance, leaning over to pick it up!

Like movies? Here's a limited-time offer: Blockbuster Total Access for one month at no cost.

Guest guest

your story sounds familiar, I fall going up the stairs more then anywhere else. I use a cane again mostly for balance and my Left leg is to weak sometimes to carry my weight. Marla

Yes, the forearm crutch was what my therapist recommended for the " out of no where balance issues " . Because it stays on your arm, you can catch yourself from falling in any direction and it is not as cumbersome as a walker. I have two crutches, but I have only used both when I was almost blind. Once I got my sight back, I chose to use just one to support my weaker right leg, I use it on the left arm and it has been a blessing. I can truly say that I have only fallen once since I got the crutches and that was the first week, when I was getting used to them ( I fell UP some stairs!).

--- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> some days I think I really

> don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I find> I feel better because> all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> crazy that I want a wheel> chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and I

> can't walk for very> long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> the more I use my legs,> the weaker they become and it's hard to explain that> weakness feeling. Well

> thanks for the information I really appreciate it! > Marla> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>

wrote:> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> you can give yourself at> > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> infusion. I'll have to> > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like

> Remicade-- in that it> > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> entire immune system-- so> > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> felt better as far as the

> > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> exhausted from the> > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > *huggs*

> > *Tracie*> >> > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> Pacific Standard Time,> > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:

> >> > I have questions some of you might be able to> answer, I am still> > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> because they have no regard> > for the " person " my hearing isn't until 3/12, well

> by then I may not be able> > to walk at all, not that they care.> > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> head and start medication> > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had

> good results with Remicade> > and some not.> > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> another drug the doctor> > is talking about?> > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not

> sure what to go with, if> > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> it, we cannot continue to> > do

it, just too expensive. But what about the> other drugs, I have looked up> > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> do at home and not in the> > hospital?> > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God

> Bless, Marla> >> > --> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> all time on AOL

>Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>

> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

> www.marykay. com/mbramer> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

www.marykay. com/mbramer

Guest guest

your story sounds familiar, I fall going up the stairs more then anywhere else. I use a cane again mostly for balance and my Left leg is to weak sometimes to carry my weight. Marla

Yes, the forearm crutch was what my therapist recommended for the " out of no where balance issues " . Because it stays on your arm, you can catch yourself from falling in any direction and it is not as cumbersome as a walker. I have two crutches, but I have only used both when I was almost blind. Once I got my sight back, I chose to use just one to support my weaker right leg, I use it on the left arm and it has been a blessing. I can truly say that I have only fallen once since I got the crutches and that was the first week, when I was getting used to them ( I fell UP some stairs!).

--- Marla Bramer <mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:> Thanks Tracie, I am still looking in to all this,> some days I think I really

> don't need this as I do OK, but on those days I find> I feel better because> all I slept a lot that day, my family thinks it's> crazy that I want a wheel> chair, but I find I can't keep up with anyone, and I

> can't walk for very> long, it's so hard to explain to them how I feel,> the more I use my legs,> the weaker they become and it's hard to explain that> weakness feeling. Well

> thanks for the information I really appreciate it! > Marla> > On Feb 11, 2008 12:47 AM, <tiodaat (AT) aol (DOT) com>

wrote:> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> you can give yourself at> > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> infusion. I'll have to> > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like

> Remicade-- in that it> > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> entire immune system-- so> > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> felt better as far as the

> > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> exhausted from the> > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > *I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > *huggs*

> > *Tracie*> >> > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> Pacific Standard Time,> > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:

> >> > I have questions some of you might be able to> answer, I am still> > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> because they have no regard> > for the " person " my hearing isn't until 3/12, well

> by then I may not be able> > to walk at all, not that they care.> > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> head and start medication> > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had

> good results with Remicade> > and some not.> > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,> another drug the doctor> > is talking about?> > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not

> sure what to go with, if> > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> it, we cannot continue to> > do

it, just too expensive. But what about the> other drugs, I have looked up> > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> do at home and not in the> > hospital?> > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God

> Bless, Marla> >> > --> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- ---------> > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> all time on AOL

>Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>

> > > >> > > > -- > Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay> > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

> www.marykay. com/mbramer> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com

www.marykay. com/mbramer

Guest guest

Actually, my crashing is how I got diagnosed. I used to crash into my boss' desk everyday, trying to go out of the office door, but I could not walk straight ahead. I would clip the corner of the desk and kept brusing my right side.

It wasn't until I was talking to my neurologist that I had been doing that for months, prior to my diagnosis, when they found that I had a cranial nerve palsy and had a big blind spot where her desk was. Who knew?

Karla,Don't feel bad. When I was still working I used to crash into a chairin my big boss's office everytime I went in. He offered to move it butI was the only one who had a problem with it. Of course everything wentdownhill from there and I am on disability now.....but hey, just laughabout it. Hopefully, you are not all bruised up.Terri G.> >> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > >

*I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,>

> another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>> --> Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay>

> mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\____________> Be a better friend, newshound, and> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

Guest guest

Actually, my crashing is how I got diagnosed. I used to crash into my boss' desk everyday, trying to go out of the office door, but I could not walk straight ahead. I would clip the corner of the desk and kept brusing my right side.

It wasn't until I was talking to my neurologist that I had been doing that for months, prior to my diagnosis, when they found that I had a cranial nerve palsy and had a big blind spot where her desk was. Who knew?

Karla,Don't feel bad. When I was still working I used to crash into a chairin my big boss's office everytime I went in. He offered to move it butI was the only one who had a problem with it. Of course everything wentdownhill from there and I am on disability now.....but hey, just laughabout it. Hopefully, you are not all bruised up.Terri G.> >> > > *Marla, Humira and Enbrel are both injections> > you can give yourself at> > > home. So you don't have the facility fee for the> > infusion. I'll have to> > > check, but I think it was Enbrel that works like> > Remicade-- in that it> > > targets the TNF-a protein, without attacking the> > entire immune system-- so> > > it is selective. I know Stinson was on Enbrel and> > felt better as far as the> > > sarcoid-induced arthritis, but i know he became so> > exhausted from the> > > lowered immune system that he discontinued it. *> > >

*I'll let others give you their take on these--*> > > *huggs*> > > *Tracie*> > >> > > In a message dated 2/10/2008 12:29:40 P.M.> > Pacific Standard Time,> > > mebramer (AT) gmail (DOT) com writes:> > >> > > I have questions some of you might be able to> > answer, I am still> > > fighting the insurance company for Remicade, and> > because they have no regard> > > for the "person" my hearing isn't until 3/12, well> > by then I may not be able> > > to walk at all, not that they care.> > > My questions, my husband said maybe we should go> > head and start medication> > > and pay for it ourselves? I know some have had> > good results with Remicade> > > and some not.> > > How many are on, or had good results from Humaria,>

> another drug the doctor> > > is talking about?> > > how about enberal anyone tried this one. I'm not> > sure what to go with, if> > > we start Remicade and the insurance company denies> > it, we cannot continue to> > > do it, just too expensive. But what about the> > other drugs, I have looked up> > > costs on them, and they are all expensive, but can> > do at home and not in the> > > hospital?> > > Any information would be greatly appreciated! God> > Bless, Marla> > >> > > --> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- ---------> > > Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of> > all time on AOL> >> Music.<http://music. aol.com/grammys/ pictures/ never-won- a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300 000002548>> > >> > >> >> >> >> > --> > Marla Bramer> > Independent Beauty Consultant> > Kay> > > > mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> > www.marykay. com/mbramer> >>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.> http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>>>>>>>> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Tryit now.>>>> --> Marla Bramer> Independent Beauty Consultant> Kay>

> mbramer (AT) marykay (DOT) com> www.marykay. com/mbramer>>>>> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>>>>____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _\____________> Be a better friend, newshound, and> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>