RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

HELP

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear We all can understand the issues you are going through. Let us be strong for you while you regain your strength. We do understand the feelings that you are having I was really impressed by the post regarding the person who had scleradewrma and developed lymphoma as a result of her meda, to her surprise the lymphoma med not only helped the lymphoma but also slowed the schleradoma. Now I will make everyone laugh. a while back when my stomach and esophagus was just about destroyed by the acid reflux I was having due to the meds I was on. The doctor prescribed carafate. It is a pill that put a coating like a bandage on raw ulcerated tissue and protects it from further damage. Being an RN the doctor assumed that I knew how to use the carafate. So 4 times a day we would put the pill which was very hard into

a ziplock freezer bag and hit it with a hammer or rolling pin. Man that pill was the toughest one I had ever seen, sometimes I felt like we trying to cut a diamond. The darn pill just refused to smash. I then would put the smashed pill into my mouth and follow it with a glass of cold water. It was real rough and hurt my throat most of the times I took it. Well some time after doing this for over three months I found out that all you had to do was drop the pill in an ounce of warm water and it would melt instantly. My husband and I laughed so much when we heard how to drop it into the warm water. I will never forget that. My doctor who was a dear friend,laughed when we told him what we had Been doing. I wish you could have heard him laugh when he heard how we were trying to smash it with a hammer. I hope this gave you a smile, I look to each day and think how fortunate I am to have

this wonderful support group. We are all true sisters and brothers in the cause. When you need to rely on the strength and love that we have for each other.know that it surrounds you. Judy in PA

Guest guest

Judy, that is pretty funny. I learned a long time ago not to assume anyone knows anything. You'd be surprised (well, maybe you wouldn't!) how many people don't realize that you have to peel the foil off a suppository before inserting it. Thanks for the laugh.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: HELPDate: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:25:11 -0700 (PDT)

Dear

We all can understand the issues you are going through. Let us be strong for you while you regain your strength.

We do understand the feelings that you are having I was really impressed by the post regarding the person who had scleradewrma and developed lymphoma as a result of her meda, to her surprise the lymphoma med not only helped the lymphoma but also slowed the schleradoma.

Now I will make everyone laugh. a while back when my stomach and esophagus was just about destroyed by the acid reflux I was having due to the meds I was on. The doctor prescribed carafate. It is a pill that put a coating like a bandage on raw ulcerated tissue and protects it from further damage.

Being an RN the doctor assumed that I knew how to use the carafate. So 4 times a day we would put the pill which was very hard into a ziplock freezer bag and hit it with a hammer or rolling pin. Man that pill was the toughest one I had ever seen, sometimes I felt like we trying to cut a diamond. The darn pill just refused to smash. I then would put the smashed pill into my mouth and follow it with a glass of cold water. It was real rough and hurt my throat most of the times I took it

Guest guest

Judy,

I just read your take on the Carafate. My Md decided to prescribe it in liquid form, the only problem is that once you open up the bottle, if you don't finish it all- then it grows some interesting stuff-- (I refuse to uncap it because even with NO sense of smell, I figure that would get me!).

so, it's time to toss another $40 bucks into the garbage.

Tracie************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.