I have no doubt you will get there!! I have faith in you...you can

do this....you ARE doing this.

My brother died in 2001 of morbid obesity. He was 450+ and died in

his sleep. THAT was my motivation.

> >

> > Way to go Ron! Baby steps...that'll get you to where you need

to

> be.

> > Frustrating? You bet! Hard? You bet! Worth it? Oh yeah baby!

Keep

> on

> > trucking!

> >

> > Tina

> >

>

Guest guest

I have no doubt you will get there!! I have faith in you...you can

do this....you ARE doing this.

My brother died in 2001 of morbid obesity. He was 450+ and died in

his sleep. THAT was my motivation.

> >

> > Way to go Ron! Baby steps...that'll get you to where you need

to

> be.

> > Frustrating? You bet! Hard? You bet! Worth it? Oh yeah baby!

Keep

> on

> > trucking!

> >

> > Tina

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Francisco. I am SO thankful that you came back to the group. Your insight is invaluable here. I know it's been helpful to me to read about your journey so far. Thanks for being here.

Ron

Re: Checking in

Ron:There is a tone in your post that is very encouraging. You seem to have realized that giving up on yourself is no longer an option.I know that the hurdles we have to jump seem too high and too numerous, but take it one hurdle at a time. You're on the right path. Yeah, all of us have fallen down and have had to pick ourselves up again, but you are developing the skills necessary to succeed. Perfection is not the goal; persistence is. Don't ever give up on you.I can tell in your post that you are coming out of that fog of self-doubt. It's a process that takes time and practice, but you'll get better and better at fighting for you because you know what? You're worth every struggle, every hardship, every step that gets you closer to your goal.Don't belittle your milestones. It's OK to be proud of what you have accomplished. Take those good feelings, build on them, and sooner than you can possibly realize, you'll be on the other side.You are an inspiration.Francisco>> Hello everyone. It's been a little bit since I checked in with you all, but I've been here reading along with everyone's joys and woes. Congrats to all the new post ops (with special prayers going out to ). Welcome to the new members as well. You couldn't have chosen a better group for online support.> > The holidays have been somewhat tough for me. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season is just too darned long... :) I can't say I did too badly, but I stumbled a few times. Bottom line is that I gained 6 pounds between 12-15-05 and 1-3-06. As of this morning, I have lost 2 of those.> > I sometimes find it hard to stay focused on my journey. To bring you all up to date, my original orientation weight in August '04 was 505 at Richmond. When I met with Dr. Baggs, he told me I had to lose 100 pounds before surgery. I took that as a devastating blow and fell of the wagon for nearly a year. In that time, I gained 24 pounds (probably gained more, but was at 529 in July '05). I was allowed to get back into the program this past July, but I still need to get down to 405 before I can get a date. This morning, I weighed 466. Now... although I have lost 63 pounds so far, I still have 61 to go. I try so hard to stay strong (and reading the posts here DO help immensely), but it's so easy to get discouraged.> > In July, I had an "epiphany" of sorts and overnight quit smoking and started my REAL weight-loss program. Funny how easy it was at first. I was quite surprised at how easily I just quit smoking. After 30+ years, I just quit cold turkey. AND... I was successful at losing weight at the same time. When I think of that, I am just in awe of myself... ( I don't mean to sound conceited, really). But, as time has gone by, I find it's getting more and more difficult to keep up the pace on the weight loss.> > My sister (who I share an apartment with, and who has had her surgery on 8-31-05) and I have been discussing getting a home gym to work out here at the house. We have the room, but I'm afraid I may spend the money and lose my ambition... but I guess I'll really have to push myself. I know I'm able to do that... after all, look what I've done already. :) AND, today, I walked to work for the first time ever. Over the past week, I've kinda been working up to it bu walking part way, knowing a ride was coming. Today, I decided to start out without calling for my ride. I just kept trudging along and soon found myself there. For me, that's a major milestone. Although I feel really good about finally making it all the way without a ride, I also feel a little guilty about it. You see, I only live about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from where I work. But weighing as much as I have for as long as I have, walking very far is pretty much out of the question.... until now. :) I'm going to try keeping up the pace and walk to work daily. For now, walking home is out of the question due to the hour of the night and a lot of uneven pavement and lack of sidewalks. I just don't trust myself that far yet. :)> > So I know this has been a lot, but amazingly enough I feel better and am really glad I wrote all this down. I hope you all don't mind my ranting. It's certainly not as eloquent as any of Francisco's writings, but I think you'll get my points. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I now turn the floor over to someone else. :)> > Ron> pre-op 466 and losing>

Guest guest

Thanks Francisco. I am SO thankful that you came back to the group. Your insight is invaluable here. I know it's been helpful to me to read about your journey so far. Thanks for being here.

Ron

Ron:There is a tone in your post that is very encouraging. You seem to have realized that giving up on yourself is no longer an option.I know that the hurdles we have to jump seem too high and too numerous, but take it one hurdle at a time. You're on the right path. Yeah, all of us have fallen down and have had to pick ourselves up again, but you are developing the skills necessary to succeed. Perfection is not the goal; persistence is. Don't ever give up on you.I can tell in your post that you are coming out of that fog of self-doubt. It's a process that takes time and practice, but you'll get better and better at fighting for you because you know what? You're worth every struggle, every hardship, every step that gets you closer to your goal.Don't belittle your milestones. It's OK to be proud of what you have accomplished. Take those good feelings, build on them, and sooner than you can possibly realize, you'll be on the other side.You are an inspiration.Francisco>> Hello everyone. It's been a little bit since I checked in with you all, but I've been here reading along with everyone's joys and woes. Congrats to all the new post ops (with special prayers going out to ). Welcome to the new members as well. You couldn't have chosen a better group for online support.> > The holidays have been somewhat tough for me. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season is just too darned long... :) I can't say I did too badly, but I stumbled a few times. Bottom line is that I gained 6 pounds between 12-15-05 and 1-3-06. As of this morning, I have lost 2 of those.> > I sometimes find it hard to stay focused on my journey. To bring you all up to date, my original orientation weight in August '04 was 505 at Richmond. When I met with Dr. Baggs, he told me I had to lose 100 pounds before surgery. I took that as a devastating blow and fell of the wagon for nearly a year. In that time, I gained 24 pounds (probably gained more, but was at 529 in July '05). I was allowed to get back into the program this past July, but I still need to get down to 405 before I can get a date. This morning, I weighed 466. Now... although I have lost 63 pounds so far, I still have 61 to go. I try so hard to stay strong (and reading the posts here DO help immensely), but it's so easy to get discouraged.> > In July, I had an "epiphany" of sorts and overnight quit smoking and started my REAL weight-loss program. Funny how easy it was at first. I was quite surprised at how easily I just quit smoking. After 30+ years, I just quit cold turkey. AND... I was successful at losing weight at the same time. When I think of that, I am just in awe of myself... ( I don't mean to sound conceited, really). But, as time has gone by, I find it's getting more and more difficult to keep up the pace on the weight loss.> > My sister (who I share an apartment with, and who has had her surgery on 8-31-05) and I have been discussing getting a home gym to work out here at the house. We have the room, but I'm afraid I may spend the money and lose my ambition... but I guess I'll really have to push myself. I know I'm able to do that... after all, look what I've done already. :) AND, today, I walked to work for the first time ever. Over the past week, I've kinda been working up to it bu walking part way, knowing a ride was coming. Today, I decided to start out without calling for my ride. I just kept trudging along and soon found myself there. For me, that's a major milestone. Although I feel really good about finally making it all the way without a ride, I also feel a little guilty about it. You see, I only live about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from where I work. But weighing as much as I have for as long as I have, walking very far is pretty much out of the question.... until now. :) I'm going to try keeping up the pace and walk to work daily. For now, walking home is out of the question due to the hour of the night and a lot of uneven pavement and lack of sidewalks. I just don't trust myself that far yet. :)> > So I know this has been a lot, but amazingly enough I feel better and am really glad I wrote all this down. I hope you all don't mind my ranting. It's certainly not as eloquent as any of Francisco's writings, but I think you'll get my points. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I now turn the floor over to someone else. :)> > Ron> pre-op 466 and losing>

Guest guest

Thanks Donna... it's great to hear from you too. It's amazing to me that you can be as positive as you are with all you've been through and even continue to endure. In that respect, you are a much better person than I. I would have caved long ago, but you have kept going, like the Energizer Bunny! :) Thanks for your support to me and everyone else. I wish you the very best.

Ron

Ron

Glad to hear from you. Every milestone is worth feeling good about, and it doesn't matter how far you are from work, you did something you never did before and that is great. If you keep doing that the weight will come off. If you do get some work out equipment and us it only some times and not like you should, something is better than nothing and it would only help. Take care. DonnaBBQ Man wrote:

Hello everyone. It's been a little bit since I checked in with you all, but I've been here reading along with everyone's joys and woes. Congrats to all the new post ops (with special prayers going out to ). Welcome to the new members as well. You couldn't have chosen a better group for online support.

The holidays have been somewhat tough for me. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season is just too darned long... :) I can't say I did too badly, but I stumbled a few times. Bottom line is that I gained 6 pounds between 12-15-05 and 1-3-06. As of this morning, I have lost 2 of those.

I sometimes find it hard to stay focused on my journey. To bring you all up to date, my original orientation weight in August '04 was 505 at Richmond. When I met with Dr. Baggs, he told me I had to lose 100 pounds before surgery. I took that as a devastating blow and fell of the wagon for nearly a year. In that time, I gained 24 pounds (probably gained more, but was at 529 in July '05). I was allowed to get back into the program this past July, but I still need to get down to 405 before I can get a date. This morning, I weighed 466. Now... although I have lost 63 pounds so far, I still have 61 to go. I try so hard to stay strong (and reading the posts here DO help immensely), but it's so easy to get discouraged.

In July, I had an "epiphany" of sorts and overnight quit smoking and started my REAL weight-loss program. Funny how easy it was at first. I was quite surprised at how easily I just quit smoking. After 30+ years, I just quit cold turkey. AND... I was successful at losing weight at the same time. When I think of that, I am just in awe of myself... ( I don't mean to sound conceited, really). But, as time has gone by, I find it's getting more and more difficult to keep up the pace on the weight loss.

My sister (who I share an apartment with, and who has had her surgery on 8-31-05) and I have been discussing getting a home gym to work out here at the house. We have the room, but I'm afraid I may spend the money and lose my ambition... but I guess I'll really have to push myself. I know I'm able to do that... after all, look what I've done already. :) AND, today, I walked to work for the first time ever. Over the past week, I've kinda been working up to it bu walking part way, knowing a ride was coming. Today, I decided to start out without calling for my ride. I just kept trudging along and soon found myself there. For me, that's a major milestone. Although I feel really good about finally making it all the way without a ride, I also feel a little guilty about it. You see, I only live about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from where I work. But weighing as much as I have for as long as I have, walking very far is pretty much out of the question.... until now. :) I'm going to try keeping up the pace and walk to work daily. For now, walking home is out of the question due to the hour of the night and a lot of uneven pavement and lack of sidewalks. I just don't trust myself that far yet. :)

So I know this has been a lot, but amazingly enough I feel better and am really glad I wrote all this down. I hope you all don't mind my ranting. It's certainly not as eloquent as any of Francisco's writings, but I think you'll get my points. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I now turn the floor over to someone else. :)

Ron

pre-op 466 and losing

Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Guest guest

Thanks Donna... it's great to hear from you too. It's amazing to me that you can be as positive as you are with all you've been through and even continue to endure. In that respect, you are a much better person than I. I would have caved long ago, but you have kept going, like the Energizer Bunny! :) Thanks for your support to me and everyone else. I wish you the very best.

Ron

Ron

Glad to hear from you. Every milestone is worth feeling good about, and it doesn't matter how far you are from work, you did something you never did before and that is great. If you keep doing that the weight will come off. If you do get some work out equipment and us it only some times and not like you should, something is better than nothing and it would only help. Take care. DonnaBBQ Man wrote:

Hello everyone. It's been a little bit since I checked in with you all, but I've been here reading along with everyone's joys and woes. Congrats to all the new post ops (with special prayers going out to ). Welcome to the new members as well. You couldn't have chosen a better group for online support.

The holidays have been somewhat tough for me. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season is just too darned long... :) I can't say I did too badly, but I stumbled a few times. Bottom line is that I gained 6 pounds between 12-15-05 and 1-3-06. As of this morning, I have lost 2 of those.

I sometimes find it hard to stay focused on my journey. To bring you all up to date, my original orientation weight in August '04 was 505 at Richmond. When I met with Dr. Baggs, he told me I had to lose 100 pounds before surgery. I took that as a devastating blow and fell of the wagon for nearly a year. In that time, I gained 24 pounds (probably gained more, but was at 529 in July '05). I was allowed to get back into the program this past July, but I still need to get down to 405 before I can get a date. This morning, I weighed 466. Now... although I have lost 63 pounds so far, I still have 61 to go. I try so hard to stay strong (and reading the posts here DO help immensely), but it's so easy to get discouraged.

In July, I had an "epiphany" of sorts and overnight quit smoking and started my REAL weight-loss program. Funny how easy it was at first. I was quite surprised at how easily I just quit smoking. After 30+ years, I just quit cold turkey. AND... I was successful at losing weight at the same time. When I think of that, I am just in awe of myself... ( I don't mean to sound conceited, really). But, as time has gone by, I find it's getting more and more difficult to keep up the pace on the weight loss.

My sister (who I share an apartment with, and who has had her surgery on 8-31-05) and I have been discussing getting a home gym to work out here at the house. We have the room, but I'm afraid I may spend the money and lose my ambition... but I guess I'll really have to push myself. I know I'm able to do that... after all, look what I've done already. :) AND, today, I walked to work for the first time ever. Over the past week, I've kinda been working up to it bu walking part way, knowing a ride was coming. Today, I decided to start out without calling for my ride. I just kept trudging along and soon found myself there. For me, that's a major milestone. Although I feel really good about finally making it all the way without a ride, I also feel a little guilty about it. You see, I only live about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from where I work. But weighing as much as I have for as long as I have, walking very far is pretty much out of the question.... until now. :) I'm going to try keeping up the pace and walk to work daily. For now, walking home is out of the question due to the hour of the night and a lot of uneven pavement and lack of sidewalks. I just don't trust myself that far yet. :)

So I know this has been a lot, but amazingly enough I feel better and am really glad I wrote all this down. I hope you all don't mind my ranting. It's certainly not as eloquent as any of Francisco's writings, but I think you'll get my points. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I now turn the floor over to someone else. :)

Ron

pre-op 466 and losing

Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Guest guest

Thanks Ron We all go through a lot that's why we're here and that's why we need each others support, and this group is a great one. You take care. DonnaBBQ Man wrote: Thanks Donna... it's great to hear from you too. It's amazing to me that you can be as positive as you are with all you've been through and even continue to endure. In that respect, you are a much better person than I. I would have caved long ago, but you have kept going, like the Energizer Bunny! :) Thanks for your support to me and everyone else. I wish you the very best. Ron Re: Checking in Ron Glad to hear from you. Every milestone is worth feeling good about, and it doesn't

matter how far you are from work, you did something you never did before and that is great. If you keep doing that the weight will come off. If you do get some work out equipment and us it only some times and not like you should, something is better than nothing and it would only help. Take care. DonnaBBQ Man wrote: Hello everyone. It's been a little bit since I checked in with you all, but I've been here reading along with everyone's joys and woes. Congrats to all the new post ops (with special prayers going out to ). Welcome to the new members as well. You couldn't have chosen a better group for online support. The holidays have been somewhat tough for me. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season is just too darned long... :) I can't say I did too badly, but I stumbled a few times. Bottom line is that I gained 6 pounds between 12-15-05 and 1-3-06. As of this morning, I have lost 2 of those. I sometimes find it hard to stay focused on my journey. To bring you all up to date, my original orientation weight in August '04 was 505 at Richmond. When I met with Dr. Baggs, he told me I had to lose 100 pounds before surgery. I took that as a devastating blow and fell of the wagon for nearly a year. In that time, I gained 24 pounds (probably gained more, but was at 529 in July

'05). I was allowed to get back into the program this past July, but I still need to get down to 405 before I can get a date. This morning, I weighed 466. Now... although I have lost 63 pounds so far, I still have 61 to go. I try so hard to stay strong (and reading the posts here DO help immensely), but it's so easy to get discouraged. In July, I had an "epiphany" of sorts and overnight quit smoking and started my REAL weight-loss program. Funny how easy it was at first. I was quite surprised at how easily I just quit smoking. After 30+ years, I just quit cold turkey. AND... I was successful at losing weight at the same time. When I think of that, I am just in awe of myself... ( I don't mean to sound conceited, really). But, as time has gone by, I find it's getting

more and more difficult to keep up the pace on the weight loss. My sister (who I share an apartment with, and who has had her surgery on 8-31-05) and I have been discussing getting a home gym to work out here at the house. We have the room, but I'm afraid I may spend the money and lose my ambition... but I guess I'll really have to push myself. I know I'm able to do that... after all, look what I've done already. :) AND, today, I walked to work for the first time ever. Over the past week, I've kinda been working up to it bu walking part way, knowing a ride was coming. Today, I decided to start out without calling for my ride. I just kept trudging along and soon found myself there. For me, that's a major milestone. Although I feel really good about finally making it all the way

without a ride, I also feel a little guilty about it. You see, I only live about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from where I work. But weighing as much as I have for as long as I have, walking very far is pretty much out of the question.... until now. :) I'm going to try keeping up the pace and walk to work daily. For now, walking home is out of the question due to the hour of the night and a lot of uneven pavement and lack of sidewalks. I just don't trust myself that far yet. :) So I know this has been a lot, but amazingly enough I feel better and am really glad I wrote all this down. I hope you all don't mind my ranting. It's certainly not as eloquent as any of Francisco's writings, but I think you'll get my points. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I now turn the floor over to someone

else. :) Ron pre-op 466 and losing Donna JordonDSJordon@... Yahoo! PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

Guest guest

Thanks Ron We all go through a lot that's why we're here and that's why we need each others support, and this group is a great one. You take care. DonnaBBQ Man wrote: Thanks Donna... it's great to hear from you too. It's amazing to me that you can be as positive as you are with all you've been through and even continue to endure. In that respect, you are a much better person than I. I would have caved long ago, but you have kept going, like the Energizer Bunny! :) Thanks for your support to me and everyone else. I wish you the very best. Ron Re: Checking in Ron Glad to hear from you. Every milestone is worth feeling good about, and it doesn't

matter how far you are from work, you did something you never did before and that is great. If you keep doing that the weight will come off. If you do get some work out equipment and us it only some times and not like you should, something is better than nothing and it would only help. Take care. DonnaBBQ Man wrote: Hello everyone. It's been a little bit since I checked in with you all, but I've been here reading along with everyone's joys and woes. Congrats to all the new post ops (with special prayers going out to ). Welcome to the new members as well. You couldn't have chosen a better group for online support. The holidays have been somewhat tough for me. I did pretty well over Thanksgiving, but the Christmas season is just too darned long... :) I can't say I did too badly, but I stumbled a few times. Bottom line is that I gained 6 pounds between 12-15-05 and 1-3-06. As of this morning, I have lost 2 of those. I sometimes find it hard to stay focused on my journey. To bring you all up to date, my original orientation weight in August '04 was 505 at Richmond. When I met with Dr. Baggs, he told me I had to lose 100 pounds before surgery. I took that as a devastating blow and fell of the wagon for nearly a year. In that time, I gained 24 pounds (probably gained more, but was at 529 in July

'05). I was allowed to get back into the program this past July, but I still need to get down to 405 before I can get a date. This morning, I weighed 466. Now... although I have lost 63 pounds so far, I still have 61 to go. I try so hard to stay strong (and reading the posts here DO help immensely), but it's so easy to get discouraged. In July, I had an "epiphany" of sorts and overnight quit smoking and started my REAL weight-loss program. Funny how easy it was at first. I was quite surprised at how easily I just quit smoking. After 30+ years, I just quit cold turkey. AND... I was successful at losing weight at the same time. When I think of that, I am just in awe of myself... ( I don't mean to sound conceited, really). But, as time has gone by, I find it's getting

more and more difficult to keep up the pace on the weight loss. My sister (who I share an apartment with, and who has had her surgery on 8-31-05) and I have been discussing getting a home gym to work out here at the house. We have the room, but I'm afraid I may spend the money and lose my ambition... but I guess I'll really have to push myself. I know I'm able to do that... after all, look what I've done already. :) AND, today, I walked to work for the first time ever. Over the past week, I've kinda been working up to it bu walking part way, knowing a ride was coming. Today, I decided to start out without calling for my ride. I just kept trudging along and soon found myself there. For me, that's a major milestone. Although I feel really good about finally making it all the way

without a ride, I also feel a little guilty about it. You see, I only live about 1/4 - 1/2 mile from where I work. But weighing as much as I have for as long as I have, walking very far is pretty much out of the question.... until now. :) I'm going to try keeping up the pace and walk to work daily. For now, walking home is out of the question due to the hour of the night and a lot of uneven pavement and lack of sidewalks. I just don't trust myself that far yet. :) So I know this has been a lot, but amazingly enough I feel better and am really glad I wrote all this down. I hope you all don't mind my ranting. It's certainly not as eloquent as any of Francisco's writings, but I think you'll get my points. Thanks for taking the time to read, and I now turn the floor over to someone

else. :) Ron pre-op 466 and losing Donna JordonDSJordon@... Yahoo! PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. Donna JordonDSJordon@...

Yahoo! Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

Guest guest

Hi group!

Matt I have a daughter that lives in Seattle next time I come to visit her I will look you up.

I go in to Mayo on Tue and Wed of this coming week to talk to the butcher the surgeon about the third open heart surgery they tell me I need. I am so scared because I am so extremely high risk I am dependent on my pacemaker. And with cardiac sarc I am a time bomb waiting to happen. I just want to live!!!!!!!!!My husband and I will go look at some property in Pine Island MN, which is just 15 min from Down town Rochester. To build a new house. Ill feel safer closer to the hospital. Right now I live three hrs south of there. I am not to excited about this trip if and when I go back to the chop shop Ill need prayers usually they have the operating room reserved already by the time they talk to the patient.

IM SCARED

M

Guest guest

M,You have been and will be in my prayers every day. I too have cardiac sarcoid and have wrestled with the thought of the AICD and pacemaker. It is scary and I know exactly what you mean about being high risk and a time bomb. I can tell that you have been through a lot. Please know that others care about you and will be thinking of you.Blessings,Becky Mommer wrote: Hi group!

Matt I have a daughter that lives in Seattle next time I come to visit her I will look you up. I go in to Mayo on Tue and Wed of this coming week to talk to the butcher the surgeon about the third open heart surgery they tell me I need. I am so scared because I am so extremely high risk I am dependent on my pacemaker. And with cardiac sarc I am a time bomb waiting to happen. I just want to live!!!!!!!!!My husband and I will go look at some property in Pine Island MN, which is just 15 min from Down town Rochester. To build a new house. Ill feel safer closer to the hospital. Right now I live three hrs south of there. I am not to excited about this trip if and when I go back to the chop shop Ill need prayers usually they have the operating room reserved already by the time they talk to the patient. IM SCARED M

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

Guest guest

M,You have been and will be in my prayers every day. I too have cardiac sarcoid and have wrestled with the thought of the AICD and pacemaker. It is scary and I know exactly what you mean about being high risk and a time bomb. I can tell that you have been through a lot. Please know that others care about you and will be thinking of you.Blessings,Becky Mommer wrote: Hi group!

Matt I have a daughter that lives in Seattle next time I come to visit her I will look you up. I go in to Mayo on Tue and Wed of this coming week to talk to the butcher the surgeon about the third open heart surgery they tell me I need. I am so scared because I am so extremely high risk I am dependent on my pacemaker. And with cardiac sarc I am a time bomb waiting to happen. I just want to live!!!!!!!!!My husband and I will go look at some property in Pine Island MN, which is just 15 min from Down town Rochester. To build a new house. Ill feel safer closer to the hospital. Right now I live three hrs south of there. I am not to excited about this trip if and when I go back to the chop shop Ill need prayers usually they have the operating room reserved already by the time they talk to the patient. IM SCARED M

Sponsored Link Degrees for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters, Associates. Top schools

Guest guest

, I will keep you in my prayers and put you on a couple

of prayer chains, God will be there with you.

Blessings,

Marla

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of Mac Tosh

Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006

11:51 PM

To: Neurosarcoidosis

Subject: Re:

checking in

M,

You have been and will be in my prayers every day. I too have cardiac sarcoid

and have wrestled with the thought of the AICD and pacemaker. It is scary and I

know exactly what you mean about being high risk and a time bomb. I can tell

that you have been through a lot. Please know that others care about you and

will be thinking of you.

Blessings,

Becky

Mommer

<mmommer (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

Hi group!

Matt I have a daughter that lives in Seattle next time I come to visit her I will

look you up.

I go in to Mayo on Tue and Wed of this coming week to talk to the

butcher the surgeon about the third open heart surgery they tell me I need. I

am so scared because I am so extremely high risk I am dependent on my

pacemaker. And with cardiac sarc I am a time bomb waiting to happen. I

just want to live!!!!!!!!!My husband and I will go look at some property

in Pine Island MN,

which is just 15 min from Down town Rochester.

To build a new house. Ill

feel safer closer to the hospital. Right now I live three hrs south of

there. I am not to excited about this trip if and when I go back to the

chop shop Ill need prayers usually they have the operating room reserved

already by the time they talk to the patient.

IM SCARED

M

Sponsored Link

Degrees

for working adults in as fast as 1 year. Bachelors, Masters, Associates. Top

schools

Guest guest

Oh , I am so sorry to hear all this, and I will be praying for you, I have been fighting for the Remicade since Nov. and everyone agrees it's Sarcoid, but the flipping Insurance Co. who keep say it is not medically warranted for my dx, I am quite sure that they don't even have a clue about NS. By the time I get it I may already be in a wheel chair, but they could care less.

Hang in there , and know that my prayers,positive thoughts are being sent your way! Marla

Lots going on and not a lot of time to spend.. but I've had a couple

more trips to the Emergency Room over the last 2 weeks and I'm

getting pretty scared.. They all seem to agree that its " NOT MY

SACOID " but they refuse to draw any blood because they say that

that's the initial way to diagnosis sarcoid but not the way to test

for a flare.. but yet again they can not tell me how to check for

that.. I know that's total " BS " my MRI without contrast is negative..

I can't have the contrast because my renal profile is high.. that

alone should throw up a red flag that maybe, " SARCOID " has now

entered into my kidneys.. I am freaking out!!

Tracie, you will be glad to know tha my diabetic doctor realizes I

have fallen into the " Vanderbilt Hole " and I saw a new PCP on Friday

outside the system.. she says all this could be my sarcoid.. but it

could be Arterial Vasculitis.. that is causing my vertigo, the pain

and the horrilbe ringing/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision

is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left

untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that

she drew was " crp " and " sed rate " the very two test that I have been

begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse...

because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also

told me.. that " for you, there is no futher treatment for it "

Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for

a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting

the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster@... or

stopdat2005@..... seems I forgot to pay the bill... and not

being this far into the month I don't have the money to pay it till

next month.. ohh yeah, please I am on disability and " WANT " to

be.. " NOT " !! Could somebody please take me off this train? I want

OFF!

Sorry guys, for the rant.. as I've mentioned I think. I'm am freaking

totally out.. can't get anyone to help me yet.. but hopefully I will

soon..

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

Oh , I am so sorry to hear all this, and I will be praying for you, I have been fighting for the Remicade since Nov. and everyone agrees it's Sarcoid, but the flipping Insurance Co. who keep say it is not medically warranted for my dx, I am quite sure that they don't even have a clue about NS. By the time I get it I may already be in a wheel chair, but they could care less.

Hang in there , and know that my prayers,positive thoughts are being sent your way! Marla

Lots going on and not a lot of time to spend.. but I've had a couple

more trips to the Emergency Room over the last 2 weeks and I'm

getting pretty scared.. They all seem to agree that its " NOT MY

SACOID " but they refuse to draw any blood because they say that

that's the initial way to diagnosis sarcoid but not the way to test

for a flare.. but yet again they can not tell me how to check for

that.. I know that's total " BS " my MRI without contrast is negative..

I can't have the contrast because my renal profile is high.. that

alone should throw up a red flag that maybe, " SARCOID " has now

entered into my kidneys.. I am freaking out!!

Tracie, you will be glad to know tha my diabetic doctor realizes I

have fallen into the " Vanderbilt Hole " and I saw a new PCP on Friday

outside the system.. she says all this could be my sarcoid.. but it

could be Arterial Vasculitis.. that is causing my vertigo, the pain

and the horrilbe ringing/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision

is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left

untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that

she drew was " crp " and " sed rate " the very two test that I have been

begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse...

because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also

told me.. that " for you, there is no futher treatment for it "

Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for

a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting

the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster@... or

stopdat2005@..... seems I forgot to pay the bill... and not

being this far into the month I don't have the money to pay it till

next month.. ohh yeah, please I am on disability and " WANT " to

be.. " NOT " !! Could somebody please take me off this train? I want

OFF!

Sorry guys, for the rant.. as I've mentioned I think. I'm am freaking

totally out.. can't get anyone to help me yet.. but hopefully I will

soon..

-- Marla BramerIndependent Beauty Consultant Kay mbramer@...www.marykay.com/mbramer

Guest guest

I'm glad you got outside the hole. You know, the arterial hypertension is a real problem-- and one of the things they most often overlook-- so I'm glad that you have someone starting to pay attention. I take it that Vanderbilt is like our Kaiser-- a system within a system that only refers internally. And generally to docs that are too piss poor to get real jobs out in the community.

How is the blood sugar?

Are you doing the Milk Thistle, or do I need to mail you some?

Can you take Cranberry Extract capsules-- and help that liver and kidneys get to working.

You are not past the point of no-return. I know that the MD's will have to be willing to learn what to do-- and it'll be a challenge, but there are still answers.

I'll be checking in a bit over the next few days, this is my week for my local appts-- with the gp and pulm who think I'm nuts also. They've got my thyroid so screwed up I'm struggling, and i know my sugar is thru the roof-- but I'm working on it. Honestly, I think I have a partially collapsed lung, and that is why I'm breathing like an elephant has taken refuge on my chest. I hope the pulm takes me seriously, or he'll be wishing he did. I too am fed up -- next week is Remicade so I'm wiht you-- let us off the train to nowhere.

Love to you,

Tracie

Checking in

Lots going on and not a lot of time to spend.. but I've had a couple more trips to the Emergency Room over the last 2 weeks and I'm getting pretty scared.. They all seem to agree that its "NOT MY SACOID" but they refuse to draw any blood because they say that that's the initial way to diagnosis sarcoid but not the way to test for a flare.. but yet again they can not tell me how to check for that.. I know that's total "BS" my MRI without contrast is negative.. I can't have the contrast because my renal profile is high.. that alone should throw up a red flag that maybe, "SARCOID" has now entered into my kidneys.. I am freaking out!! Tracie, you will be glad to know tha my diabetic doctor realizes I have fallen into the "Vanderbilt Hole" and I saw a new PCP on Friday outside the system.. she says all this could be my sarcoid.. but it could be Arterial Vasculitis.. that is causing my vertigo, the

pain and the horrilbe ringing/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that she drew was "crp" and "sed rate" the very two test that I have been begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse... because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also told me.. that "for you, there is no futher treatment for it" Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster (AT) gmail (DOT) com or stopdat2005@

yahoo.com.. seems I forgot to pay the bill... and not being this far into the month I don't have the money to pay it till next month.. ohh yeah, please I am on disability and "WANT" to be.. "NOT"!! Could somebody please take me off this train? I want OFF!Sorry guys, for the rant.. as I've mentioned I think. I'm am freaking totally out.. can't get anyone to help me yet.. but hopefully I will soon..

Guest guest

I'm glad you got outside the hole. You know, the arterial hypertension is a real problem-- and one of the things they most often overlook-- so I'm glad that you have someone starting to pay attention. I take it that Vanderbilt is like our Kaiser-- a system within a system that only refers internally. And generally to docs that are too piss poor to get real jobs out in the community.

How is the blood sugar?

Are you doing the Milk Thistle, or do I need to mail you some?

Can you take Cranberry Extract capsules-- and help that liver and kidneys get to working.

You are not past the point of no-return. I know that the MD's will have to be willing to learn what to do-- and it'll be a challenge, but there are still answers.

I'll be checking in a bit over the next few days, this is my week for my local appts-- with the gp and pulm who think I'm nuts also. They've got my thyroid so screwed up I'm struggling, and i know my sugar is thru the roof-- but I'm working on it. Honestly, I think I have a partially collapsed lung, and that is why I'm breathing like an elephant has taken refuge on my chest. I hope the pulm takes me seriously, or he'll be wishing he did. I too am fed up -- next week is Remicade so I'm wiht you-- let us off the train to nowhere.

Love to you,

Tracie

Checking in

Lots going on and not a lot of time to spend.. but I've had a couple more trips to the Emergency Room over the last 2 weeks and I'm getting pretty scared.. They all seem to agree that its "NOT MY SACOID" but they refuse to draw any blood because they say that that's the initial way to diagnosis sarcoid but not the way to test for a flare.. but yet again they can not tell me how to check for that.. I know that's total "BS" my MRI without contrast is negative.. I can't have the contrast because my renal profile is high.. that alone should throw up a red flag that maybe, "SARCOID" has now entered into my kidneys.. I am freaking out!! Tracie, you will be glad to know tha my diabetic doctor realizes I have fallen into the "Vanderbilt Hole" and I saw a new PCP on Friday outside the system.. she says all this could be my sarcoid.. but it could be Arterial Vasculitis.. that is causing my vertigo, the

pain and the horrilbe ringing/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that she drew was "crp" and "sed rate" the very two test that I have been begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse... because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also told me.. that "for you, there is no futher treatment for it" Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster (AT) gmail (DOT) com or stopdat2005@

yahoo.com.. seems I forgot to pay the bill... and not being this far into the month I don't have the money to pay it till next month.. ohh yeah, please I am on disability and "WANT" to be.. "NOT"!! Could somebody please take me off this train? I want OFF!Sorry guys, for the rant.. as I've mentioned I think. I'm am freaking totally out.. can't get anyone to help me yet.. but hopefully I will soon..

Guest guest

I'll be getting in touch soon. Hang in there-- and know that the new PCP probably got caught up in a Monday day! Never pretty.

I did get a chest xray today, and changed over to synthyroid-- so we'll see. I do see the Pulm on Friday- so hope it is good.

Hugs,

Tracie

Checking in

pain and the horrilbe ringi ng/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that she drew was "crp" and "sed rate" the very two test that I have been begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse... because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also told me.. that "for you, there is no futher treatment for it" Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster (AT) gmail (DOT) com or stopdat2005@

Guest guest

I'll be getting in touch soon. Hang in there-- and know that the new PCP probably got caught up in a Monday day! Never pretty.

I did get a chest xray today, and changed over to synthyroid-- so we'll see. I do see the Pulm on Friday- so hope it is good.

Hugs,

Tracie

Checking in

pain and the horrilbe ringi ng/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that she drew was "crp" and "sed rate" the very two test that I have been begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse... because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also told me.. that "for you, there is no futher treatment for it" Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster (AT) gmail (DOT) com or stopdat2005@

Guest guest

Hi to all.

They tell me I have a kick butt UTI and that is the reason I am not up to par. I am glad it was that and nothing else. We can take care of the UTI a lot easier. I get those darn things all the time but this one is worse. Funny I never got them before this old monster thing. Go figure.....

You know I don't care how busy your PCP is with other patients she has to respect and pay attention to you. How many of the other patients have more than a cold or hangnail. And yes I am saying you deserve more attention. Epically because they don't know much about this monster thing we have. That is just my feelings and My PCP agrees with me.

I am curious about Milk Thistle, what is it and what is it for. I am taking so many drugs that are prescribed I would not mind trying one more if it helps this NS. Heck I got nothing going between noon and four I could slip it in then. I am sorry about my sarcasm please forgive me. I just sometime let my sense of humor warped that it is take over. My way of coping with everything.

I think my sister might be coming around. I won't know until after Mothers Day when we all go to moms to take her out. We will see.

I am rambling again. Take care of you and prayers for some kind of order and relief to you.

Jackie

Checking in

Lots going on and not a lot of time to spend.. but I've had a couple more trips to the Emergency Room over the last 2 weeks and I'm getting pretty scared.. They all seem to agree that its "NOT MY SACOID" but they refuse to draw any blood because they say that that's the initial way to diagnosis sarcoid but not the way to test for a flare.. but yet again they can not tell me how to check for that.. I know that's total "BS" my MRI without contrast is negative.. I can't have the contrast because my renal profile is high.. that alone should throw up a red flag that maybe, "SARCOID" has now entered into my kidneys.. I am freaking out!! Tracie, you will be glad to know tha my diabetic doctor realizes I have fallen into the "Vanderbilt Hole" and I saw a new PCP on Friday outside the system.. she says all this could be my sarcoid.. but it could be Arterial Vasculitis.. that is causing my vertigo, the pain and the horrilbe ringi ng/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that she drew was "crp" and "sed rate" the very two test that I have been begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse... because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also told me.. that "for you, there is no futher treatment for it" Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster (AT) gmail (DOT) com or stopdat2005@ yahoo.com.. seems I forgot to pay the bill... and not being this far into the month I don't have the money to pay it till next month.. ohh yeah, please I am on disability and "WANT" to be.. "NOT"!! Could somebody please take me off this train? I want OFF!Sorry guys, for the rant.. as I've mentioned I think. I'm am freaking totally out.. can't get anyone to help me yet.. but hopefully I will soon..

Guest guest

Hi to all.

They tell me I have a kick butt UTI and that is the reason I am not up to par. I am glad it was that and nothing else. We can take care of the UTI a lot easier. I get those darn things all the time but this one is worse. Funny I never got them before this old monster thing. Go figure.....

You know I don't care how busy your PCP is with other patients she has to respect and pay attention to you. How many of the other patients have more than a cold or hangnail. And yes I am saying you deserve more attention. Epically because they don't know much about this monster thing we have. That is just my feelings and My PCP agrees with me.

I am curious about Milk Thistle, what is it and what is it for. I am taking so many drugs that are prescribed I would not mind trying one more if it helps this NS. Heck I got nothing going between noon and four I could slip it in then. I am sorry about my sarcasm please forgive me. I just sometime let my sense of humor warped that it is take over. My way of coping with everything.

I think my sister might be coming around. I won't know until after Mothers Day when we all go to moms to take her out. We will see.

I am rambling again. Take care of you and prayers for some kind of order and relief to you.

Jackie

Checking in

Lots going on and not a lot of time to spend.. but I've had a couple more trips to the Emergency Room over the last 2 weeks and I'm getting pretty scared.. They all seem to agree that its "NOT MY SACOID" but they refuse to draw any blood because they say that that's the initial way to diagnosis sarcoid but not the way to test for a flare.. but yet again they can not tell me how to check for that.. I know that's total "BS" my MRI without contrast is negative.. I can't have the contrast because my renal profile is high.. that alone should throw up a red flag that maybe, "SARCOID" has now entered into my kidneys.. I am freaking out!! Tracie, you will be glad to know tha my diabetic doctor realizes I have fallen into the "Vanderbilt Hole" and I saw a new PCP on Friday outside the system.. she says all this could be my sarcoid.. but it could be Arterial Vasculitis.. that is causing my vertigo, the pain and the horrilbe ringi ng/distorted sounds in my r ear.. and my vision is horrible. she says if this is the arterial vasculitis and left untreated I will go blind.. OMG!! and get this.. the blood test that she drew was "crp" and "sed rate" the very two test that I have been begging Vanderbilt doctors to draw for months and they refuse... because they are certain that its not the sarcoid.. plus they also told me.. that "for you, there is no futher treatment for it" Now for the rest of the story.. my email is gonna have to change for a couple of weeks.. I've changed it in yahoo so I should be getting the emails ok.. if not my address is topdatster (AT) gmail (DOT) com or stopdat2005@ yahoo.com.. seems I forgot to pay the bill... and not being this far into the month I don't have the money to pay it till next month.. ohh yeah, please I am on disability and "WANT" to be.. "NOT"!! Could somebody please take me off this train? I want OFF!Sorry guys, for the rant.. as I've mentioned I think. I'm am freaking totally out.. can't get anyone to help me yet.. but hopefully I will soon..

Guest guest

Wow that's a lot, pace yourself so you can enjoy, I hope the knee holds out for you, you are in my thoughts and prayers,Marla

M

been, hanging tight..........................

have been having a lot of bone pain. My right knee is shot, even though im loaded with pain meds it still hurts me bad............hubby just had cancer surgery and gamma knife radiation. leave next friday for new Orleans for sons wedding.

Guest guest

Wow that's a lot, pace yourself so you can enjoy, I hope the knee holds out for you, you are in my thoughts and prayers,Marla

M

been, hanging tight..........................

have been having a lot of bone pain. My right knee is shot, even though im loaded with pain meds it still hurts me bad............hubby just had cancer surgery and gamma knife radiation. leave next friday for new Orleans for sons wedding.