RemedySpot.com

Re: Prokarin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello ,

A suggestion to help for UTI's (I have MS too) is cranberry extract

daily AND a good quality Colloidal Silver for prevention. I've used

collodal silver to clear one up once and now swear by it. Purest

Colloids is what I use - and no I don't sell it.

Andre

>

> Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I did Prokarin 2 different times.

The

> reports on what it can do are very impressive. My cost was about

$250.00 a

> month and I just didn't get the results and feel it wasn't worth

the money.

> I had a video provided by my local compounding pharmacy, plus a

booklet. You

> do need an RX to have it filled. It's a cream that is refrigerated

and

> applied 2x a day with a patch over it. The video showed how to

store, apply

> and even travel with it. I got far more out of the LDN, so went

that route.

>

> Also, don't know if it's a MS thing or not, but I tend to get UTI'S

fairly

> often. Try to do the natural thing. D-Mannose, Lauricin (?)

Cranberry pills

> etc. antibiotics only make things worse. Temporally fixed the UTI,

but

> causes other problems.

>

> Only post a message once, but notice it appears over and over. Is

there any

> way to avoid this? Would like to cut down on the posts and

> reading...............................

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Windows Live Spaces is here! It's easy to create your own personal

Web site.

> http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx

>

• 8 months later...
Guest guest

I have tried histamine I am assuming it is the same thing. It was compounded and recommended by my Dr and was administered sublingualy(under the tongue) twice daily. My script cost me about $80 for 2 months. I didn't notice a difference but I might try again. Kim

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

I learned about "Prokarin" as a treatment for the symptoms of

Multiple Sclerosis. Prokarin was developed by a nurse after she

was diagnosed with MS. In researching possible treatments, she came across an old study that involved injecting histamine into MS patients.

This nurse eventually ended up with a transdermal (attached to the skin) patch that she named Prokarin and has histamine and caffeine in

it.I did some research and found out that Prokarin is available

but very expensive to use. I also found out that you can make your own

sublingual (under the tongue) drops with histamine powder that your doctor can prescribe for you. Or, you can have a compounding pharmacy make

the drops for you with the flavor of your choice, which is what I

decided to do. (Of course, your doctor still has to prescribe the drops.) The drops do not have caffeine in them like the patch. I don't

tolerate caffeine well, so that's fine with me. I pay just under $45 for one fluid ounce. I started out with 2 drops at a time, 2-3 times in a 24

hour period. I take less than that now. Though it does not cure my urinary incontinence, I have less of it when I take the drops on a regular basis. One fluid ounce lasts quite a while for me and is considerably less expensive than Prokarin patches. Apparently, histamine is a neurotransmitter aside from being what your body produces as a result of being exposed to an allergen. I worried that histamine could cause a severe allergic reaction, like anaphalactic shock. Before I started the treatment, I called the compounding pharmacist who told me that histamine does not cause anaphalaxis. Apparently, a different mechanism causes that. At most, he said that I might get itchy eyes or a runny nose. The first drop I took caused my

eyes to burn. Since then I haven't even experienced that. If you have

asthma you can have complications.

Some people develop a rash at the site of the skin patch.CarolynLink regarding histamine: http://goodshape.net/From: Nicholls <peter.nicholls@...>"low dose naltrexone " <low dose naltrexone >; "mscured "

<mscured >Sent: Thu, March 24, 2011 10:57:56 AMSubject: [low dose naltrexone] Prokarin

for those that are interested in prokarin i have received the below email from linda/medicine shop, linda's email address is on my original message

regards peter

Dear ,

Thank you for your enquiry about Prokarin. We do require a prescription from your physician, which we will have authorized by a Canadian physician for a fee of $10.00.

The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Toronto, Canada is licensed to compound and ship Prokarin worldwide with the exception of the USA.

Prokarin is a Transdermal Disc that can be self-administered. If you would like additional information about Prokarin we would suggest that you visit the website of the developer of Prokarin at www.edmsllc.com.

We have shipped Prokarin to many countries in Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. We do advise that it would be prudent for you to check with the Customs and Excise Authorities in your country if it is possible to import Prokarin, as some countries do not allow the importation of medicines that are not available locally.

The cost of the Prokarin discs is $250.00 Canadian for a 4 week supply, PLUS all of the shipping costs involved. Shipping costs vary from country to country, once an order has been received we then contact our shipping company to request a quotation from them for shipping costs, which we then inform you of. Shipping costs to most European capital cities is approximately $50.00-$70.00. We ship with DHL Worldwide Express, delivery time is normally 2-3 days.

Once your order has been placed with us, we will need a physical street address for the delivery (Not a post office box) with a telephone number (fax number as well if it is available).

Payment for Prokarin is made to The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy either by credit card, which is the best and most convenient form of payment, or by a direct wire transfer to our bank in Toronto. When payment in full has been received, we will ship the Prokarin to you.

Honiball

THE MEDICINE SHOPPE PHARMACY

2917 Bloor Street West

Toronto, ON M8X 1B4

T: 416.239.3566

F: 416.239.1585