RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Avicel Filler is the best.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I found this. Avicel is the best filler especially for babies. So I agree with Cyndi the problem is not the filler and telling people to start switching or changing thier medications is not a good idea without talking to a real Dr. or a pharmacist. Read this:

Attribute and Benefits

Avicel PH’s unique properties make it an indispensable formulation tool. It is the excipient of choice for direct compression formulations, lending superior compactibility, drug carrying capacity, and rapid disintegration. These properties also benefit dry granulation processes such as roller compaction or slugging. Avicel acts as an auxiliary binder in wet granulation, helps control wet mass consistency, reduces screen blockage, and promotes uniform, rapid drying. Avicel is an excellent extrusion-spheronization aid. When included in capsule formulations, Avicel improves flow, facilitates plug formation, and aids capsule disintegration

God Bless, Dyana

From: Cyndi Lenz <psychrn@...>Reply-low dose naltrexone To: low dose naltrexone Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN- Diarrhea, NauseaDate: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:05:25 -0400

we have seem virtually no side effects from starting low and going slow. i just don't want people jumping to conclusions that is the filler and telling people to switch when it could something else. there is a 100 questions to ask when someone has a side effect and the first 50 of them should be directed at your pharmacist has the knowledge and experience to answer these questions.cyndi>> >>>> Thanks for the reply>> No other medications on board at the time of LDN use.>> Do you feel it was the Avicel filler or the LDN itself ?>> What is the experience out there ?>> Was using the 4.5 mg dose as this is what was used for Crohn's,>> which is the problem. In the Penn State study, the only adverse >> effect>> reported was sleep disturbance, which did not occur.>> In my experience, it is unusual to develope tolerance to nausea and>> diarrhea from a medication as you gradually increase the dose.>> It is also not clear to me that a reaction to the filler would be>> manifest at 1.5 mg dose if the filler is the problem. It might take>> more filler to cause the reaction, just like it might take more>> naltrexone to cause the nausea and diarrhea if Naltrexone itself is>> the culprit.>> Any info on this unexpected reaction to the first capsule would be>> greatly appreciated.>>>> Larry> =====>> I started on LDN at 4.5mg with lactose filler and was doing great > for several months. I then decided to try avicel as a filler to > see if I could use it so I could switch my prescription to Skip to > get my LDN at a cheaper price. On the Avicel I experienced > headache, nausea and near vomiting for several weeks. I had my > pharmacy switch back to lactose and all was great again.>> I also used calcium carbonate as a filler after trying the avicel > and my symptoms started to return a week into my calcium carbonate > use. It has now been discovered that calcium carbonate can prevent > LDN from working properly. I quickly switched back to lactose and > all was great again. I have stopped my filler experimenting and > will stick to lactose. For me that works.>> >>>>>>>