Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

LDN in Canada

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OK though I am not sure what it is.

Vic

[low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada

YesI get mine from a compounding pharmacy in Kamloops BC who follows Skip's advice regarding fillers and we're having good results.Compounded runs about $80/month CAD.Victor>> Does anyone know if LDN is available in Canada?>

Guest guest

Vic

LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage get some improvement in there condition.

Dave

Hi Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.Vic

Guest guest

Dave,

I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm

if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only " blind "

study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo

users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure

we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.

---

In low dose naltrexone , " "

<davidtaylor@...> wrote:

>

>

> Vic

>

> LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best

and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would

not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but

I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the

highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the

most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage

get some improvement in there condition.

>

> Dave

>

>

> Hi

>

> Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been

recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start

copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been

clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.

>

> Vic

>

Guest guest

Clinical trials are not the panacea that everyone thinks they are. How many drugs have been taken off the market that were clinically studied? Propulsid, Tysabra, Vioxx just to name a few. I believe that the preponderance of evidence that has accumulated in the last 7 years I have been involved with LDN clearly shows its safety and effectiveness.

This fixation with placebo controlled double blind studies is really interesting. Those in Big Pharma only do them because it is a regulation. Prior to 1962 there were few if any really well controlled studies of new drugs. The drug only had to be proven to safe, not proven effective. Now that isn't to say that there isn't a place for these studies, but folks let get real. No drug company will do these studies, there is just no money in LDN and the cost of doing these studies is prohibitive if there is no money in it. It won't be covered by a use patent, its already being used. It won't be covered by a molecular patent, that is long over and gone. This really sucks, but its the reality of the issue.

Skip

Guest guest

My son is 20 and was also just diagnosed and I totally understand how you

feel. I have heard good and bad about all the regular ms medications and am

worried about the side effects. I have a good friend who has had ms for 26

years and was really getting bad, and she has been on ldn for 4 months and

feels like she has her life back. She was on avonex and declined on it.

Reading what everyone says here has helped also. It is a really hard

decision, but if you are going to go with copaxone you can also use ldn,

what would it hurt. My problem is finding a doctor to prescribe the ldn,

and our doctor wants him to go on avonex. We are in Cleveland at the mellon

Center, which is suppose to be wonderful. But I don't think they are going

to like it when I tell them I want him to go on ldn. I would try the

copaxon too, but I am getting more interested in ldn. Conni

Dave,

I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm

if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only " blind "

study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo

users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure

we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.

---

In low dose naltrexone , " "

<davidtaylor@...> wrote:

>

>

> Vic

>

> LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best

and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would

not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but

I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the

highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the

most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage

get some improvement in there condition.

>

> Dave

>

>

> Hi

>

> Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been

recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start

copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been

clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.

>

> Vic

>

Guest guest

Connie,

Thanks for the reply. My son is being treated at the MS Clinic at the Calgary Foothills Hospital. It is considered one of the best in the world. His neurologist is not supportive of using LDN. She does not advocate anecdotal medicine. She feels the CRAB drugs are the Cadillac of treatment for MS at this point and time and that Copaxane is his best bet at this time. I spoke with my son today and he is considering using both Copaxane and LDN, if we can find someone who will prescribe both. It sure is hard to let them make such a crucial decision for themselves at such a vulnerable time in their lives.

In low dose naltrexone , "Conni Lawrence" <summerwind1@...> wrote:>> My son is 20 and was also just diagnosed and I totally understand how you> feel. I have heard good and bad about all the regular ms medications and am> worried about the side effects. I have a good friend who has had ms for 26> years and was really getting bad, and she has been on ldn for 4 months and> feels like she has her life back. She was on avonex and declined on it.> Reading what everyone says here has helped also. It is a really hard> decision, but if you are going to go with copaxone you can also use ldn,> what would it hurt. My problem is finding a doctor to prescribe the ldn,> and our doctor wants him to go on avonex. We are in Cleveland at the mellon> Center, which is suppose to be wonderful. But I don't think they are going> to like it when I tell them I want him to go on ldn. I would try the> copaxon too, but I am getting more interested in ldn. Conni> > > > [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada> > Dave,> > I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm > if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only "blind" > study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo > users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure > we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.> --- > > In low dose naltrexone , " " > davidtaylor@ wrote:> >> > > > Vic> > > > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best > and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would > not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but > I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the > highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the > most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage > get some improvement in there condition.> > > > Dave > > > > > > Hi > > > > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been > recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start > copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been > clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.> > > > Vic> >> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Connie,

Thanks for the reply. My son is being treated at the MS Clinic at the Calgary Foothills Hospital. It is considered one of the best in the world. His neurologist is not supportive of using LDN. She does not advocate anecdotal medicine. She feels the CRAB drugs are the Cadillac of treatment for MS at this point and time and that Copaxane is his best bet at this time. I spoke with my son today and he is considering using both Copaxane and LDN, if we can find someone who will prescribe both. It sure is hard to let them make such a crucial decision for themselves at such a vulnerable time in their lives.

In low dose naltrexone , "Conni Lawrence" <summerwind1@...> wrote:>> My son is 20 and was also just diagnosed and I totally understand how you> feel. I have heard good and bad about all the regular ms medications and am> worried about the side effects. I have a good friend who has had ms for 26> years and was really getting bad, and she has been on ldn for 4 months and> feels like she has her life back. She was on avonex and declined on it.> Reading what everyone says here has helped also. It is a really hard> decision, but if you are going to go with copaxone you can also use ldn,> what would it hurt. My problem is finding a doctor to prescribe the ldn,> and our doctor wants him to go on avonex. We are in Cleveland at the mellon> Center, which is suppose to be wonderful. But I don't think they are going> to like it when I tell them I want him to go on ldn. I would try the> copaxon too, but I am getting more interested in ldn. Conni> > > > [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada> > Dave,> > I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm > if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only "blind" > study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo > users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure > we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.> --- > > In low dose naltrexone , " " > davidtaylor@ wrote:> >> > > > Vic> > > > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best > and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would > not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but > I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the > highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the > most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage > get some improvement in there condition.> > > > Dave > > > > > > Hi > > > > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been > recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start > copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been > clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.> > > > Vic> >> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

i would do this -i would go to www.low dose naltrexone.org and call that pharmacy

is canada that compounds ldn and ask them for a doctor that deal with ms and go

talk to them.

cyndi

>>

>> Dave,

>>

>> I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm

>> if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only " blind "

>> study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo

>> users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure

>> we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.

>> ---

>>

>> In low dose naltrexone , " "

>> davidtaylor@ wrote:

>> >

>> >

>> > Vic

>> >

>> > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best

>> and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would

>> not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but

>> I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the

>> highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the

>> most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage

>> get some improvement in there condition.

>> >

>> > Dave

>> >

>> >

>> > Hi

>> >

>> > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been

>> recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start

>> copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been

>> clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.

>> >

>> > Vic

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

Guest guest

yes.. I was told that if Aspirin was trialed by the FDA it NEVER would have passed tests, but since it's been 'grandfathered in', we have it on the market... not sure how true that is, but that was a reaction someone gave me when talking about the approvals and what they really mean

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada

Clinical trials are not the panacea that everyone thinks they are. How many drugs have been taken off the market that were clinically studied? Propulsid, Tysabra, Vioxx just to name a few. I believe that the preponderance of evidence that has accumulated in the last 7 years I have been involved with LDN clearly shows its safety and effectiveness.

This fixation with placebo controlled double blind studies is really interesting. Those in Big Pharma only do them because it is a regulation. Prior to 1962 there were few if any really well controlled studies of new drugs. The drug only had to be proven to safe, not proven effective. Now that isn't to say that there isn't a place for these studies, but folks let sget real. No drug company will do these studies, there is just no money in LDN and the cost of doing these studies is prohibitive if there is no money in it. It won't be covered by a use patent, its already being used. It won't be covered by a molecular patent, that is long over and gone. This really sucks, but its the reality of the issue.

Skip

Guest guest

Thank you both for your comments. Kathy,

I would like to contact you and hear the other things you think were important

in helping you. I would also like the “other mom” to share with

me, your doctors reasoning for copaxone over avonex. I am trying to learn as

much as I can. I have been reading like crazy, but I know the best source of

information is right here! Conni

Re: [low dose naltrexone]

Re: LDN in Canada

If it were me or a member of my family who thinks the

way I think, I would start off with only LDN and lifestyle modifications.

Now that is if his ms as started RRMS. There is alot you can do naturally for

RRMS. I had extremely slow progressive but still opted for no drugs because I

was able to reverse it through dietary, LDN and many other things which Iam not

going to go into right now. My friends in this group are probably tired of

hearing about it. If you want a totally benign treatment for your son to do

with LDN, write me privately. Whatever he chooses, copaxone or drug free, I

wish him the best. Kathy

>

> Dave,

>

> I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm

> if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only

" blind "

> study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo

> users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure

> we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.

> ---

>

> In low dose naltrexone , " "

> davidtaylor@ wrote:

> >

> >

> > Vic

> >

> > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best

> and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would

> not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but

> I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the

> highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the

> most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage

> get some improvement in there condition.

> >

> > Dave

> >

> >

> > Hi

> >

> > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been

> recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start

> copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been

> clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.

> >

> > Vic

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Connie,

Would you like a copy of the welcome e-mail for LDN?

Just let me know

Aletha

[low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada> > Dave,> > I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm > if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only "blind" > study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo > users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure > we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.> --- > > In low dose naltrexone , " " > davidtaylor@ wrote:> >> > > > Vic> > > > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best > and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would > not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but > I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the > highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the > most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage > get some improvement in there condition.> > > > Dave > > > > > > Hi > > > > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been > recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start > copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been > clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.> > > > Vic> >> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

If it were me or a member of my family who thinks the way I think, I would start off with only LDN and lifestyle modifications. Now that is if his ms as started RRMS. There is alot you can do naturally for RRMS. I had extremely slow progressive but still opted for no drugs because I was able to reverse it through dietary, LDN and many other things which Iam not going to go into right now. My friends in this group are probably tired of hearing about it. If you want a totally benign treatment for your son to do with LDN, write me privately. Whatever he chooses, copaxone or drug free, I wish him the best. Kathy

[low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada> > Dave,> > I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no harm > if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the only "blind" > study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo > users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be sure > we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.> --- > > In low dose naltrexone , " " > davidtaylor@ wrote:> >> > > > Vic> > > > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the best > and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it would > not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for everybody but > I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works for the > highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the > most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller percentage > get some improvement in there condition.> > > > Dave > > > > > > Hi > > > > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been > recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start > copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been > clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.> > > > Vic> >> > > > > > > >

Guest guest

To all of you that are trying to figure what to do (start CRAB drugs or LDN or combination of LDN and copaxone) I just went off the big CRAB drug (Beta Seron) after15 years. I took that "leap of faith" and went 'cold turkey' on just LDN leaving the possibility of copaxone if needed. After three weeks I felt no need for the shots, and now I am 7 weeks into LDN and have more energy, stamina and heat tolerance than I have had in the 15 years I was on the CRAB drug, My neurologist is from one of the best clinics in Wisconsin and she insisted that LDN would not do much. I went against her advise and I am so glad that I did. My goal now is to convince her that LDN is great.

All I can say is to listen to those that have been taking it and find a doctor that has patients on it and ask that doctor. Many of those doctors that say that CRAB drugs are the best probably do not have patients on LDN for just that reason. Good luck in making your decision. If you have faith in that GUY upstairs ask him for the wisdom as to what to do.

Peg

Guest guest

CONGRATULATIONS PEG!!!!!!

You give me hope that maybe my friend will finally listen to me and start

LDN too. She has been on everything for many years but will not listen

to me! Do you mind if I share some of your info with her? What is your

diagnosis if you don't mind me asking? RR or progressive or ?

God bless,

Terria

Guest guest

That is a great testimonial. I say I would never take the CRABS but you never know how things could change in your life so I am certainly not criticizing anyone for their choices. I would think long and hard before I took one of the ms drugs especially if I was diagnosed at a young age. Your body needs to stay as healthy as possible to manage a chronic condition. There is just so much out there now for ms in the way of natural medicine. I have no neurologist anymore. My lesions disappeared 8 years ago with 4 MRI's that have had no evidence of demyelinazation. I'm done. I'm not getting anymore MRI's and the only reason I say I have ms is to help others. I really don't like affirming it as though I own it. I just continue the calcium eap shots, the LDN and hope my body, mind and spirit stays strong. I don't really believe in "ms specialists" or the best "MS facilities". If you are definitely diagnosed with ms, you only have a certain number of choices with the meds and that is simple. You don't need a neuro glorifying himself by the words "ms specialist" to help you figure out your course of action. These drugs are toxic and rarely help anyone. There are always exceptions to the rule but they are few and far between. Best, Kathy

To all of you that are trying to figure what to do (start CRAB drugs or LDN or combination of LDN and copaxone) I just went off the big CRAB drug (Beta Seron) after15 years. I took that "leap of faith" and went 'cold turkey' on just LDN leaving the possibility of copaxone if needed. After three weeks I felt no need for the shots, and now I am 7 weeks into LDN and have more energy, stamina and heat tolerance than I have had in the 15 years I was on the CRAB drug, My neurologist is from one of the best clinics in Wisconsin and she insisted that LDN would not do much. I went against her advise and I am so glad that I did. My goal now is to convince her that LDN is great.

All I can say is to listen to those that have been taking it and find a doctor that has patients on it and ask that doctor. Many of those doctors that say that CRAB drugs are the best probably do not have patients on LDN for just that reason. Good luck in making your decision. If you have faith in that GUY upstairs ask him for the wisdom as to what to do.

Peg

Guest guest

Connie, I am home right now. You can e-mail me at mykittypaws@... or call me at 561-741-2877. I know everyone probably thinks I'm crazy for giving my phone number out but I trust others won't stalk me. Please feel free to call or write,. However, my protocol is a little complex so talking on the phone is quicker than writing you a novel!! Best, Kathy

Guest guest

I had to respond to this because I went to a MS only nuero in

Chicago and his thought on Copaxone was " you might as shoot your

self up with water " This after I had been doing it for a few

months. I then started Avonex. (I have great insurance and have no

problems giving myself shots so that was not my motive to go on

LDN) Incidently he gave me my script for LDN to my surprise. I

have moved and now get my script from a DR who is a quad and uses

LDN herself. She is a beleiver is it . I have been on it for 17

months. I have a flair last fall confirmed by a MRI and a new Dr

who wanted to do chemo and rebif. I stuck with the LDN . I, as

everyone else, hopes that it is the right decison. Kim

>

>

>

> Connie,

>

> Thanks for the reply. My son is being treated at the MS Clinic at

the

> Calgary Foothills Hospital. It is considered one of the best in

the

> world. His neurologist is not supportive of using LDN. She does

not

> advocate anecdotal medicine. She feels the CRAB drugs are the

Cadillac

> of treatment for MS at this point and time and that Copaxane is

his best

> bet at this time. I spoke with my son today and he is considering

using

> both Copaxane and LDN, if we can find someone who will prescribe

both.

> It sure is hard to let them make such a crucial decision for

themselves

> at such a vulnerable time in their lives.

>

> In low dose naltrexone , " Conni Lawrence "

<summerwind1@>

> wrote:

> >

> > My son is 20 and was also just diagnosed and I totally

understand how

> you

> > feel. I have heard good and bad about all the regular ms

medications

> and am

> > worried about the side effects. I have a good friend who has had

ms

> for 26

> > years and was really getting bad, and she has been on ldn for 4

months

> and

> > feels like she has her life back. She was on avonex and declined

on

> it.

> > Reading what everyone says here has helped also. It is a really

hard

> > decision, but if you are going to go with copaxone you can also

use

> ldn,

> > what would it hurt. My problem is finding a doctor to prescribe

the

> ldn,

> > and our doctor wants him to go on avonex. We are in Cleveland at

the

> mellon

> > Center, which is suppose to be wonderful. But I don't think they

are

> going

> > to like it when I tell them I want him to go on ldn. I would try

the

> > copaxon too, but I am getting more interested in ldn. Conni

> >

> >

> >

> > [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada

> >

> > Dave,

> >

> > I am the mother that has concerns. How do you know it does no

harm

> > if no clinical trials have been conducted? So far the

only " blind "

> > study of use of LDN in treating MS I can find showed the placebo

> > users had the same effect as the LDN users. I just want to be

sure

> > we are not discounting proven medicine in favor of the unknown.

> > ---

> >

> > In low dose naltrexone , " "

> > davidtaylor@ wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > Vic

> > >

> > > LDN does seem good to be true, but it is for most people the

best

> > and safest option in that even for the small percentage that it

would

> > not seem to work for it does no harm. Nothing works for

everybody but

> > I think if you look carefully into LDN you will find it works

for the

> > highest percentage of people and for those it works for it is the

> > most successful at stooping disease prioress and a smaller

percentage

> > get some improvement in there condition.

> > >

> > > Dave

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi

> > >

> > > Thanks for the reply. Please send more details. My son has been

> > recently diagnosed with progressive MS and is about to start

> > copaxone. Hi mother is concerned that naltrexone has not been

> > clinically tested. LDN sounds too good to not use.

> > >

> > > Vic

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. My daughter is 10 and just had a colonoscopy Tuesday. She has a problem of bleeding rectally occassionally. The doctor took a specimen for biopsy, we get the results Tuesday. The only thing he mentioned so far is there is one area that appears like Crohn's but he doesn't want to talk yet until he gets the biopsy results (which will be next Tuesday). I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. Is it possible that she has Crohn's due to me having MS (an autoimmune disease) or is it just one of those things she could have anyway-that's the way our cookie crumbled? Do you think she should start on LDN?

I would appreciate any feedback I could get.

-- Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada>>It seems to me that everyone on this board would be enough for the FDA to approve LDN for MS. I mean we have all the information they need right? Years of information. They could collect it all and then approve it. Our information would be better than anything they could gather. And people would believe it too. I mean what exactly does it mean when a drug wins Food and Drug Administration approval? Isn't it supposed to mean that the medication is absolutely safe? That the FDA knows all of its possible side effects? That it's better than older drugs on the market? The answers are: No, no and no. > >A

Guest guest

>

> I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. My daughter is 10 and just had a

> colonoscopy Tuesday. She has a problem of bleeding rectally occassionally.

> The doctor took a specimen for biopsy, we get the results Tuesday. The only

> thing he mentioned so far is there is one area that appears like Crohn's but

> he doesn't want to talk yet until he gets the biopsy results (which will be

> next Tuesday). I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. Is it possible that

> she has Crohn's due to me having MS (an autoimmune disease) or is it just

> one of those things she could have anyway-that's the way our cookie

> crumbled? Do you think she should start on LDN?

>

> I would appreciate any feedback I could get.

>

=========

Candida yeast of the gut is a huge contributor to Crohn's. Her diet must be

radically changed. Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free, Wheat free, SUGAR

FREE(use stevia sweetener from healthfood store). This diet is basically what

Dr. McCandless uses on her Autistic clients who suffer gut problems.

Supplements to compliment the diet are...

A good quality non-dairy Acidophilus...take 2 to 4 capsules daily.

Lauricidin(do a google search)

Oil of Oregano-take as directed

Olive Leaf Extract-take as directed

Chlorofresh by Nature's Way, great source of chlorophyll/Alfalfa.

http://www.naturesway.com Warning stools will be dark green so don't panic.

If she has crohn's get her on LDN along with diet and supplements.

If you change your diet to same as her's you'll both benefit and she won't feel

alienated. The whole family needs to change diet to help her adjust. Dr. Atkins

low carb diet eliminating dairy and wheat is best to follow to lower candida.

You need to make sure your meats and eggs are free of growth hormones and

antibiotics as these keep candida growing and growth hormones and antibiotics

break down the immune system

Guest guest

Hi Bren;

Hi Bren

I have occassional rectal bleeding that may be Crohns and my son has MS - sounds like they are linked in some way.

We are now trying to get LDN for my son.

Vic

>> I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. My daughter is 10 and just had a> colonoscopy Tuesday. She has a problem of bleeding rectally occassionally. > The doctor took a specimen for biopsy, we get the results Tuesday. The only> thing he mentioned so far is there is one area that appears like Crohn's but> he doesn't want to talk yet until he gets the biopsy results (which will be> next Tuesday). I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. Is it possible that> she has Crohn's due to me having MS (an autoimmune disease) or is it just> one of those things she could have anyway-that's the way our cookie> crumbled? Do you think she should start on LDN?> > I would appreciate any feedback I could get.> =========Candida yeast of the gut is a huge contributor to Crohn's. Her diet must be radically changed. Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free, Wheat free, SUGAR FREE(use stevia sweetener from healthfood store). This diet is basically what Dr. McCandless uses on her Autistic clients who suffer gut problems.Supplements to compliment the diet are...A good quality non-dairy Acidophilus...take 2 to 4 capsules daily.Lauricidin(do a google search)Oil of Oregano-take as directedOlive Leaf Extract-take as directedChlorofresh by Nature's Way, great source of chlorophyll/Alfalfa. http://www.naturesway.com Warning stools will be dark green so don't panic. If she has crohn's get her on LDN along with diet and supplements.If you change your diet to same as her's you'll both benefit and she won't feel alienated. The whole family needs to change diet to help her adjust. Dr. Atkins low carb diet eliminating dairy and wheat is best to follow to lower candida. You need to make sure your meats and eggs are free of growth hormones and antibiotics as these keep candida growing and growth hormones and antibiotics break down the immune system

Guest guest

Bren,

Thanks for the input. Right now I am going to wait for the info from the dr. on Tuesday. I just need to explore my options. Do you think it's possible that I have an autoimmune disease (MS) th at she has this?

-- [low dose naltrexone] Re: LDN in Canada

>> I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. My daughter is 10 and just had a> colonoscopy Tuesday. She has a problem of bleeding rectally occassionally. > The doctor took a specimen for biopsy, we get the results Tuesday. The only> thing he mentioned so far is there is one area that appears like Crohn's but> he doesn't want to talk yet until he gets the biopsy results (which will be> next Tuesday). I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. Is it possible that> she has Crohn's due to me having MS (an autoimmune disease) or is it just> one of those things she could have anyway-that's the way our cookie> crumbled? Do you think she should start on LDN?> > I would appreciate any feedback I could get.> =========Candida yeast of the gut is a huge contributor to Crohn's. Her diet must be radically changed. Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free, Wheat free, SUGAR FREE(use stevia sweetener from healthfood store). This diet is basically what Dr. McCandless uses on her Autistic clients who suffer gut problems.Supplements to compliment the diet are...A good quality non-dairy Acidophilus...take 2 to 4 capsules daily.Lauricidin(do a google search)Oil of Oregano-take as directedOlive Leaf Extract-take as directedChlorofresh by Nature's Way, great source of chlorophyll/Alfalfa. http://www.naturesway.com Warning stools will be dark green so don't panic. If she has crohn's get her on LDN along with diet and supplements.If you change your diet to same as her's you'll both benefit and she won't feel alienated. The whole family needs to change diet to help her adjust. Dr. Atkins low carb diet eliminating dairy and wheat is best to follow to lower candida. You need to make sure your meats and eggs are free of growth hormones and antibiotics as these keep candida growing and growth hormones and antibiotics break down the immune system

Guest guest

Call Skip at the pharmacy and see if she should start at a lower dosage like 1.0 or 1.5. Afriend of mine developed Garden of Life and he was very ill with Chrohn's. He took Primal; Defense and it really helped him. He has written two books. One is the Maker's Diet and the other is "Physician, Heal Thyself" His name is Jordan and you can look him up on the internet. He is free of symptoms now for many years and was so ill, he traveled to 9 countries seeking an answer. I would give my child LDN, probiotics (Primal Defense), oils, enzymes and L-glutamine to help restore the mucosa lining. Check out his story. it is very inspiring . Best wishes, Kathy

Guest guest

Yes, I would love that. Conni

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm sorry to hear your daughter has Crohn's, and I apologise for jumping in like this but I'm a terribly curious beast.

I remember reading long, long ago that babies and toddlers should not eat full wheat breakfast cereals until (gosh, can't remember 2 or 3 at least) because their digestive system was too immature to cope.

My nephew was given Weet-Bix/Vita-Brits (Oz brands) as a baby/toddler and later developed Crohn's at a young age. I'm not suggesting a connection - I'm just curious.

I avoided wheat based cereals for my own children when they were young - just in case. They had bread, toast, but not full wheat breakfast cereals, only rice-based as babies, then rice or corn-based as toddlers.

Regards,

Cris

I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. My daughter is 10 and just had acolonoscopy Tuesday. She has a problem of bleeding rectally occasionally. The doctor took a specimen for biopsy, we get the results Tuesday. The onlything he mentioned so far is there is one area that appears like Crohn's buthe doesn't want to talk yet until he gets the biopsy results (which will benext Tuesday). I know LDN is being used for Crohn's. Is it possible thatshe has Crohn's due to me having MS (an autoimmune disease) or is it justone of those things she could have anyway-that's the way our cookiecrumbled? Do you think she should start on LDN?I would appreciate any feedback I could get.