max. of $5,400.00. I have him working on getting my

disability case.

Kimber

--

Kimber

Vallejo, CA

hominid2@...

Note: All advice given is personal opinion, not equal to

that of a licensed physician or health care professional.

have you gotten a lawyer who works on disability cases? If

not, you might want to think about getting one to help you

through the final appeal. there is one who takes cases from

our group (PAI). His name is Jim McAuley and you can reach

him via email at ssdcavalry@.... He only gets paid if

you win and get your back pay and then he takes 25% upto a

disability case.

Kimber

--

Kimber

Vallejo, CA

hominid2@...

have you gotten a lawyer who works on disability cases? If

not, you might want to think about getting one to help you

through the final appeal. there is one who takes cases from

our group (PAI). His name is Jim McAuley and you can reach

him via email at ssdcavalry@.... He only gets paid if

you win and get your back pay and then he takes 25% upto a

disability case.

Kimber

--

Kimber

Vallejo, CA

hominid2@...

I was able to get my SSDI last year. I applied in June and got in Oct

with the first payment in Dec. I think what helped my case was the fact

that right after I applied I wound up in the hospital for over three

months off and on. My mom also kept calling SS and finding out what was

going on with the case and the doctors also were keeping in touch making

sure I got it. I am sure I am a rare case though because it only took

me five months to get mine and I know it took my mom over two years.

cynthiaglentzes@... wrote:

> Just wondered how many of you actually have gotten SSDI, I have been

> turned down 3x now & am in the final appeal process, except for

> Federal Court( and don't think I have the stamina for that)! I see

> they are turning down about 60% of cases nationwide in 2002 & they

> seem to know next to nothing about our disease! Has anyone received

> it in the last year or two? Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 5 years later...

Social Security accepts a dx of PSC to qualify for disability. It was very easy for me, some people have had to fight for it, the process is not difficult. You need to call the SS office and talk to a worker, they will tell you what they need from your doctors, then a phone interview and the process starts. You have to have difficulty working for 6 months prior to getting disability, however you can back date your claim to when you really felt too sick to work. I recommend to start the process on Monday.

I never saw a SS doctor, but I was listed for transplant and the medical team wrote a letter. I assume they included test results and proof of diagnosis. If you have to see that SS doc again, get copies of all your tests, and take info on PSC so you can educate him. Others here can share their experience, but remember, you have been paying into the system since you started working and you are entitled to it.

Take Care

MizKit

Social security disability

Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor. The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences please let me know.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

MizKitI appreciate you sharing your experience. What I had an issue with was that my hep is that my Hep told me to apply, (I started the process) and the SS doc told me that the symptoms are probably from depression. I know depression second hand (from working at a social service agency) and what I am going through. I found it very disturbing the way he was discounting my argument. He told me that he used to be a rheumatologist so he knows all autoimmune diseases. I was going to as him 'why he is no longer practicing rheumatology if he was so good at it.' I tried to keep my cool. Thank you so muchIf anyone can advise please do so. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: cmp12305@...Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 00:09:13 -0500To: < >Subject: Re: Social security disability Social Security accepts a dx of PSC to qualify for disability. It was very easy for me, some people have had to fight for it, the process is not difficult. You need to call the SS office and talk to a worker, they will tell you what they need from your doctors, then a phone interview and the process starts. You have to have difficulty working for 6 months prior to getting disability, however you can back date your claim to when you really felt too sick to work. I recommend to start the process on Monday. I never saw a SS doctor, but I was listed for transplant and the medical team wrote a letter. I assume they included test results and proof of diagnosis. If you have to see that SS doc again, get copies of all your tests, and take info on PSC so you can educate him. Others here can share their experience, but remember, you have been paying into the system since you started working and you are entitled to it. Take Care MizKit Social security disability Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor. The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences please let me know. Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

I also understand that all states are different at the decision making levelSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: CholangitisSuprt@...Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 06:56:48 +0000To: < >Subject: Re: Social security disability MizKitI appreciate you sharing your experience. What I had an issue with was that my hep is that my Hep told me to apply, (I started the process) and the SS doc told me that the symptoms are probably from depression. I know depression second hand (from working at a social service agency) and what I am going through. I found it very disturbing the way he was discounting my argument. He told me that he used to be a rheumatologist so he knows all autoimmune diseases. I was going to as him 'why he is no longer practicing rheumatology if he was so good at it.' I tried to keep my cool. Thank you so muchIf anyone can advise please do so. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: cmp12305 (AT) aol (DOT) comDate: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 00:09:13 -0500To: < >Subject: Re: Social security disability Social Security accepts a dx of PSC to qualify for disability. It was very easy for me, some people have had to fight for it, the process is not difficult. You need to call the SS office and talk to a worker, they will tell you what they need from your doctors, then a phone interview and the process starts. You have to have difficulty working for 6 months prior to getting disability, however you can back date your claim to when you really felt too sick to work. I recommend to start the process on Monday. I never saw a SS doctor, but I was listed for transplant and the medical team wrote a letter. I assume they included test results and proof of diagnosis. If you have to see that SS doc again, get copies of all your tests, and take info on PSC so you can educate him. Others here can share their experience, but remember, you have been paying into the system since you started working and you are entitled to it. Take Care MizKit Social security disability Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor. The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences please let me know. Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

My attorney told me that the more paperwork you prove social security

with the more likely you are to be approved. I have a huge file of

all of my tests showing the disease progression and reported symptoms

that required the test to be performed. I have labs, MRIs,

MRCPs,everytime something is done I get a copy of it. I am not

currently on disability, but have been in the past and am considering

going back on it as things are getting really difficult again. I was

approved first go around the last time and I firmly believe it was

because of all of the paperwork that I provided them with.

Dawn

>

> MizKit

> I appreciate you sharing your experience.

>

> What I had an issue with was that my hep is that my Hep told me to

apply, (I started the process) and the SS doc told me that the

symptoms are probably from depression. I know depression second hand

(from working at a social service agency) and what I am going

through. I found it very disturbing the way he was discounting my

argument.

>

> He told me that he used to be a rheumatologist so he knows all

autoimmune diseases. I was going to as him 'why he is no longer

practicing rheumatology if he was so good at it.' I tried to keep my

cool.

> Thank you so much

> If anyone can advise please do so.

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

>

> Social security disability

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job

when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time

sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day

where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my

rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and

off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor.

The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told

me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so

frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences

please let me know.

>

My attorney told me that the more paperwork you prove social security

with the more likely you are to be approved. I have a huge file of

all of my tests showing the disease progression and reported symptoms

that required the test to be performed. I have labs, MRIs,

MRCPs,everytime something is done I get a copy of it. I am not

currently on disability, but have been in the past and am considering

going back on it as things are getting really difficult again. I was

approved first go around the last time and I firmly believe it was

because of all of the paperwork that I provided them with.

Dawn

>

> MizKit

> I appreciate you sharing your experience.

>

> What I had an issue with was that my hep is that my Hep told me to

apply, (I started the process) and the SS doc told me that the

symptoms are probably from depression. I know depression second hand

(from working at a social service agency) and what I am going

through. I found it very disturbing the way he was discounting my

argument.

>

> He told me that he used to be a rheumatologist so he knows all

autoimmune diseases. I was going to as him 'why he is no longer

practicing rheumatology if he was so good at it.' I tried to keep my

cool.

> Thank you so much

> If anyone can advise please do so.

>

> Social security disability

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job

when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time

sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day

where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my

rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and

off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor.

The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told

me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so

frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences

please let me know.

>

ThanksSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:00:46 -0000To: < >Subject: Re: Social security disability My attorney told me that the more paperwork you prove social security with the more likely you are to be approved. I have a huge file of all of my tests showing the disease progression and reported symptoms that required the test to be performed. I have labs, MRIs, MRCPs,everytime something is done I get a copy of it. I am not currently on disability, but have been in the past and am considering going back on it as things are getting really difficult again. I was approved first go around the last time and I firmly believe it was because of all of the paperwork that I provided them with. Dawn > > MizKit > I appreciate you sharing your experience. > > What I had an issue with was that my hep is that my Hep told me to apply, (I started the process) and the SS doc told me that the symptoms are probably from depression. I know depression second hand (from working at a social service agency) and what I am going through. I found it very disturbing the way he was discounting my argument. > > He told me that he used to be a rheumatologist so he knows all autoimmune diseases. I was going to as him 'why he is no longer practicing rheumatology if he was so good at it.' I tried to keep my cool. > Thank you so much > If anyone can advise please do so. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T > > Social security disability > > > > > > > Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor. The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences please let me know. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T >

ThanksSent via BlackBerry by AT&TDate: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 14:00:46 -0000To: < >Subject: Re: Social security disability My attorney told me that the more paperwork you prove social security with the more likely you are to be approved. I have a huge file of all of my tests showing the disease progression and reported symptoms that required the test to be performed. I have labs, MRIs, MRCPs,everytime something is done I get a copy of it. I am not currently on disability, but have been in the past and am considering going back on it as things are getting really difficult again. I was approved first go around the last time and I firmly believe it was because of all of the paperwork that I provided them with. Dawn > > MizKit > I appreciate you sharing your experience. > > What I had an issue with was that my hep is that my Hep told me to apply, (I started the process) and the SS doc told me that the symptoms are probably from depression. I know depression second hand (from working at a social service agency) and what I am going through. I found it very disturbing the way he was discounting my argument. > > He told me that he used to be a rheumatologist so he knows all autoimmune diseases. I was going to as him 'why he is no longer practicing rheumatology if he was so good at it.' I tried to keep my cool. > Thank you so much > If anyone can advise please do so. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T > > Social security disability > > > > > > > Does anyone know what the disability criteria is. I lost my job when I was no longer able to keep a 9-5 job. I have a hard time sleeping and awaking as well as I get fatigued during the mid day where I need to put my head down. My hemaglobins are normal but my rbc is low (not fatally) every so often my platelets fall and on and off my billirubins are elevated. I was interviewed by a SS doctor. The guy reminded me of Ben Stein so monotonous and no affect. He told me that my sleep/atigue probably had nothing to do w/ PSC. I was so frustrated my his attitude. Please if anyone has any experiences please let me know. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T >

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

It appears many people may be of a retired age, But I am wondering if anybody

knows if IPF is recognized as a disability with Social Security?

If anyone knows about this informatio in Canada it would be greatly appreciated.

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Dx 03/08 IPF

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

7days to go..

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

" I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

Guest guest

There are many of us in the states with various pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis who are on SSDI. I am not familiar with the system in Canada.

Beth

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 10:03:25 AMSubject: Social Security disability

It appears many people may be of a retired age, But I am wondering if anybody knows if IPF is recognized as a disability with Social Security? If anyone knows about this informatio in Canada it would be greatly appreciated. Windsor, Ontario Canada Dx 03/08 IPF Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry 7days to go.. Love & Prayers, Peggy Florida, IPF/UIP 2004 "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Guest guest

Beth,I am looking for possible options as I have Social Social Security status in the United States as well as Canada.Windsor, Ontario CanadaDx 03/08 IPFSent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerryFrom: Beth Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:10:51 -0800 (PST)To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Social Security disability ,There are many of us in the states with various pulmonary fibrosis diagnosis who are on SSDI. I am not familiar with the system in Canada. BethModeratorFibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08From: "oppm00 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com" <oppm00 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 10:03:25 AMSubject: Social Security disabilityIt appears many people may be of a retired age, But I am wondering if anybody knows if IPF is recognized as a disability with Social Security? If anyone knows about this informatio in Canada it would be greatly appreciated. Windsor, Ontario Canada Dx 03/08 IPF Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry 7days to go.. Love & Prayers, Peggy Florida, IPF/UIP 2004 "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Guest guest

In the US its not specifically a case of the disease but it is a matter

of the lung restriction caused by the disease. There are charts for

PFT's published on Social Security's site that provide guidelines as to

what is considered disabled. In addition to those guidelines, other

conditions and doctor's statements play a role. So, while the name of

the disease does not automatically entitle you there are some objective

measurements and guidelines that many other conditions don't have. Note

that the PFT guidelines are not stated in percentages but in absolute

values.

>

> Beth,

>

> I am looking for possible options as I have Social Social Security

status in the United States as well as Canada.

>

>

> Windsor, Ontario Canada

> Dx 03/08 IPF

>

> Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

>

>

>

>

> 7days to go..

>

>

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

>

> 

>

Guest guest

Bruce,Thank-you very much for the information.Windsor, Ontario CanadaDx 03/08 IPFSent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerryFrom: "Bruce Moreland" Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:54:19 -0000To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Social Security disability In the US its not specifically a case of the disease but it is a matter of the lung restriction caused by the disease. There are charts for PFT's published on Social Security's site that provide guidelines as to what is considered disabled. In addition to those guidelines, other conditions and doctor's statements play a role. So, while the name of the disease does not automatically entitle you there are some objective measurements and guidelines that many other conditions don't have. Note that the PFT guidelines are not stated in percentages but in absolute values. > > Beth, > > I am looking for possible options as I have Social Social Security status in the United States as well as Canada. > > > Windsor, Ontario Canada > Dx 03/08 IPF > > Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry > > > > > 7days to go.. > > > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004 > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. " > > >  >

Guest guest

Bruce,Thank-you very much for the information.Windsor, Ontario CanadaDx 03/08 IPFSent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerryFrom: "Bruce Moreland" Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 17:54:19 -0000To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Social Security disability In the US its not specifically a case of the disease but it is a matter of the lung restriction caused by the disease. There are charts for PFT's published on Social Security's site that provide guidelines as to what is considered disabled. In addition to those guidelines, other conditions and doctor's statements play a role. So, while the name of the disease does not automatically entitle you there are some objective measurements and guidelines that many other conditions don't have. Note that the PFT guidelines are not stated in percentages but in absolute values. > > Beth, > > I am looking for possible options as I have Social Social Security status in the United States as well as Canada. > > > Windsor, Ontario Canada > Dx 03/08 IPF > > Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry > > > > > 7days to go.. > > > > > Love & Prayers, Peggy > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004 > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. " > > >  >

Guest guest

I understand the process to receive the disability status can be a lengthy one. For all of you who have attained this status (based on restriction in your lungs) have you had to meet with Social Security staff each year on the anniversary to renew your status. I would think that once they made their medical decision based on your lungs having dropped below an acceptable level, they know your lungs are not apt to turn around and improve but being a government agency, I find I can't assume anything. What have been your experiences?

Mike

Guest guest

Mike,

I was approved a little over two years ago. I've not heard from them since except for the monthly deposits to my checking account. I was told when I was approved that I could expect to be re-evaluated (that's not the word they used but it was something like that) in 3-5 years.

So we'll see what happens.

Beth

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:31:32 PMSubject: Re: Social Security disability

I understand the process to receive the disability status can be a lengthy one. For all of you who have attained this status (based on restriction in your lungs) have you had to meet with Social Security staff each year on the anniversary to renew your status. I would think that once they made their medical decision based on your lungs having dropped below an acceptable level, they know your lungs are not apt to turn around and improve but being a government agency, I find I can't assume anything. What have been your experiences?

Mike

Guest guest

Mike/MB

I was told I'd be reevaluated in 5-7 years when I went on which was

basically saying I was permanent. Reality is that were any of us to ever

hear from them, its not like our medical situation is improving.

>

> Mike,

> I was approved a little over two years ago. I've not heard from them

since except for the monthly deposits to my checking account. I was told

when I was approved that I could expect to be re-evaluated (that's not

the word they used but it was something like that) in 3-5 years.

> So we'll see what happens.

>

> Beth

> Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Mango man mangomaninparadise@...

> To: Breathe-Support

> Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:31:32 PM

> Subject: Re: Social Security disability

>

>

> I understand the process to receive the disability status can be a

lengthy one. For all of you who have attained this status (based on

restriction in your lungs) have you had to meet with Social Security

staff each year on the anniversary to renew your status. I would think

that once they made their medical decision based on your lungs having

dropped below an acceptable level, they know your lungs are not apt to

turn around and improve but being a government agency, I find I can't

assume anything. What have been your experiences?

>

> Mike

>

Guest guest

Mike/MB

I was told I'd be reevaluated in 5-7 years when I went on which was

basically saying I was permanent. Reality is that were any of us to ever

hear from them, its not like our medical situation is improving.

>

> Mike,

> I was approved a little over two years ago. I've not heard from them

since except for the monthly deposits to my checking account. I was told

when I was approved that I could expect to be re-evaluated (that's not

the word they used but it was something like that) in 3-5 years.

> So we'll see what happens.

>

> Beth

> Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Mango man mangomaninparadise@...

> To: Breathe-Support

> Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:31:32 PM

> Subject: Re: Social Security disability

>

>

> I understand the process to receive the disability status can be a

lengthy one. For all of you who have attained this status (based on

restriction in your lungs) have you had to meet with Social Security

staff each year on the anniversary to renew your status. I would think

that once they made their medical decision based on your lungs having

dropped below an acceptable level, they know your lungs are not apt to

turn around and improve but being a government agency, I find I can't

assume anything. What have been your experiences?

>

> Mike

>

Guest guest

Mike AKA mango man,

I have not had to be evaluated in any way since beginning SSDI.

In fact the only things I did to qualify was to fill out forms, list

all my physicians, and medications,and

follow-up with all the doctors office managers to make sure they had

received all the SSDI forms.

I did write a letter to send with the forms. Many of the questions were

not applicable to PF and the in take person

told me to write a letter to describe my situation. At the time I was

on 40mg of Prednisone, not very organized in my thoughts

and the letter ended up being 17 hand written ( with very shaky hands)

pages describing the entire mess!

I never even went into a SSDI office or had a person to person

interview. I spoke to an intake person at the local

office, she sent me the forms and in less than 3 months (I applied 1

year after DX) I had a check retroactive for 6 months

in my checking account. In fact the check showed up before the letter

arrived.

Don't be scared off by the adds for Social Security Lawyers on TV!

Most of the people I know on SSDI due to many illnesses had no hassles

at all.

Good Luck

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Mango man wrote:

I understand the process to receive the disability

status can be a lengthy one. For all of you who have attained this

status (based on restriction in your lungs) have you had to meet with

Social Security staff each year on the anniversary to renew your

status. I would think that once they made their medical decision based

on your lungs having dropped below an acceptable level, they know your

lungs are not apt to turn around and improve but being a government

agency, I find I can't assume anything. What have been your

experiences?

Mike

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.8/1987 - Release Date: 03/06/09 07:20:00

Guest guest

Mike & , I had the same experience as you . I filled out the forms, didn't even check to see if they had been received. One of the doctors I listed as seeing years earlier sent me a letter saying she would like to speak to me before she returned the form but before I had a chance to call her it had already gone through based on the information from the other docs. Everything came through smoothly. Nothing complicated or to be afraid of...

Thank God!

Margaret 62 Anchorage, Alaska

Pneumonitis 97, PH 06, COPD, PF, respiratory & heart failure 08

I enjoy traveling, photography, gardening, sewing, home decorating,

playing with my toys & classical music

aka Grammie Goose

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 7:39:28 PMSubject: Re: Re: Social Security disability

Mike AKA mango man, I have not had to be evaluated in any way since beginning SSDI.In fact the only things I did to qualify was to fill out forms, list all my physicians, and medications, and follow-up with all the doctors office managers to make sure they had received all the SSDI forms.I did write a letter to send with the forms. Many of the questions were not applicable to PF and the in take persontold me to write a letter to describe my situation. At the time I was on 40mg of Prednisone, not very organized in my thoughtsand the letter ended up being 17 hand written ( with very shaky hands) pages describing the entire mess!I never even went into a SSDI office or had a person to person interview. I spoke to an intake person at the localoffice, she sent me the forms and in less than 3 months (I applied 1 year after DX) I had a check retroactive for 6 months in my

checking account. In fact the check showed up before the letter arrived.Don't be scared off by the adds for Social Security Lawyers on TV!Most of the people I know on SSDI due to many illnesses had no hassles at all.Good Luck

Z 65, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Mango man wrote:

Mike No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.8/1987 - Release Date: 03/06/09 07:20:00