RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Are You Natural and Organic?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rose, What a nice garden! It looks good and plentiful. I grew up on a vegetable farm myself. My father grows vegetables and sells them on a farm stand. My siblings and I used to be the laborers and had to help picking, weeding , planting, working at the farm stand and such. Needless to say we grew up eating LOTS of vegetables. His garden was an acre wide with every vegetable you could think of. Now I have lovely FOND memories (sarcastic) of all types of vegetables and still volunteer to work at the farm stand for him in the summer. It's something I can do sitting down a lot and babysitting more or less. I get fresh air and it gets me out of the house and meeting people keeping me less depressed. But now at least he pays me for my help! Sorry for the long post , but your picture sparked a lot of memories. Good luck with

your garden this year. DebbieRose wrote: Hola, Renaldo! (My keyboard won't make the upside-down exclamation mark, sorry.) Your point is good, but I've read several articles lately about foods labeled natural and/or organic. It's difficult to know for sure what you are getting, unless you know the supplier. Not so many years ago, I had the energy to work full-time, raise 3 kids, sew many of our clothes, actually cook meals to eat as a family, and have a fairly large garden. I had a compost pile, used no pesticides, and did well with everything but potatoes & peanuts. I canned my own tomatoes, pickles, salsa, cherries, cherry jam. Sometimes I question my own memory, then I look at photos . . .

wow. I'm going to try tomatoes this year--last year was a bust--because I really hate store-bought tomatoes. There is a community garden here in . If I could trade in my back, I'd like to rent a small space. You grow your veggies and give a portion to the food bank. But I'm having so much pain in my back I sometimes have to kneel on a stool to brush my teeth; I can't bend over even that much! Now for ye of little faith, who don't believe I was a gardener, I have attached a photo from about 1978. My lovely daughter, GinGin, is showing off our garden. This was in Grand Prairie, Tx, a suburb of Dallas. Changing subjects, here, Ron. I thought you wrote a follow-up letter to the one about all the positive gains you had made due to sarc; this one was about your relationship with your mother. I can't find it, even in the archives, so maybe I dreamed the whole thing. Whoever

wrote it, I can relate to your experience. I feel like I have an evil twin who comes out & bullies my elderly mother. Well, it's off to bed for the good twin, anyway. Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To:

Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Are You Natural and Organic?Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:09:34 -0000Recently, a new grocery store moved into the neighborhood named Wild Oats and I love it!Wild Oats is a store that provide food without pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and other additives that have been proven to be hazardous to ones health. Since opening I have been going their faithfully for lunch, shopping, dinner and even just to sit out in the outside cafe for a nice visit with my wife (when she is in town), mom or sister in law. And it is directly across the street from my Mom's house, so I get in my power chair and cruise over!For some time I have been a "healthy" consumer of fresh fruits, vegetables,cut down on salt, fatty foods and watching my cholesterol. And I have had some success with that program over the years. However, I

was not natural or organic in my approach. Over the years I am sure I have eaten fruit directly from the store without adequately washing it, especially if I was hungry, in a hurry and at work.I say this to imply that I would not be surprised if my body is full of all the pesticides and other "crap" that is in our food chain. And I feel that this in some way has contributed to my nervous system going haywire. I have always tried to eat healthy during my adult life. I consume more than my share of raw fruit and veggies. But if the fruit and veggies are contaminated with poisons that will attack my nervous system then this is no good! Agree? I have wondered for some time now if my consumption of raw fruit and vegetables infected with pesticides have contributed to my illness. Has anyone ever asked themselves the same questions? Are you a eater of fresh fruit and

vegetables over many years? Maybe we need to screen ourselves for all the pesticides that are sprayed on our food and see what we come up with. Huh?Anyway, to make a long story short, that is why I shop at Wild Oats now. It is more expensive but I think WE ARE WORTH IT, don't you?If you have a Wild Oats in your neighborhood, check it out. You will be glad you did.Rosita, I hear one has just opened on the Northside of Indianapolis.Bonappetite,RonPS No more RMO either!!! :(~~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~ *** ~~~~The Neurosarcoidosis CommunityNS CHAT:- Has been cancelled for now.Message Archives:-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/messagesMembers Database:-Listings of locations, phone numbers, and instant messengers.http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Neurosarcoidosis/database