RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: critter tales

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ours were a medium brown, almost a caramel color. They were Mississippi gerbils, so maybe that makes a difference . . . lol.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: critter talesDate: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:10:40 -0700 (PDT)Rose, we must of had 2 different kind of gerbils. My male gerbils were "easy" to distinguish, due to a certain part of their anatomy. There are different kinds though so I don't know, and what color were yours? My were the real light brown........ConnieRose wrote:

Jeanne, have you ever had gerbils for pets? We never could tell them apart. The first pair were supposed to be males. However, we woke up one morning the find a nest full of babies. The bad thing is that the mother can get pregnant again in the next few hours. If she doesn't get pregnant then, she won't for at least 30 days, while she's nursing. The problem is that by the time you know she's delivered, she's already pregnant! That's how I ended up with 3 cages, trying to figure out if mama gerbil was pregnant & putting papa in another cage. We'd keep picking her up & saying, "Well, maybe she looks a little rounder," but never got any good at figuring it out. It got so bad that I even considered trying to feed them oral contraceptives in their water! I tried to calculate the average body weight of a gerbil times the # of gerbils (males too, no way to dose them separately!), then ratio of hormones from gerbils to women . . . . . . finally gave up, thinking that I'd probably kill them all & have 3 upset children.

I put out a sign "Free Gerbils" and gave all of them away (probably to snake owners) but Scooter & Skeeter, brothers from the very first litter. They ended up living nearly 4 years, which is pretty ancient for gerbils. They actually had gray hair. They are buried at the first house we bought when we moved back to Indiana. I really enjoyed the gerbils, but I know I wouldn't be able to keep their cage clean, so I'll stick to my dogs, cats & virtual fish.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: critter talesDate: Sat, 27 May 2006 00:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

Rose - I just have to ask...

Didn't the rustling wood chips, the insanely loud squeaking and their whispery heavy breathing set off an alarm??? LOL! Instead of trying to figure out if they were pregnant or not, it might have been better to spread their little legs apart to ID male or female, and then just separate them!

LOL!!! I'm sorry... I just couldn't resist... ;)

Jeannie

Rose wrote:

Marla, here we are OB nurses & can't recognize a pregnant spider! Back when we had gerbils, I couldn't tell when they were pregnant either. That's how I ended up with 19 gerbils in 3 different cages, always inspecting them trying to tell if they were pregnant!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: <Neurosarcoidosis >Subject: RE: critter talesDate: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:50:56 -0600

OK, I guess I’ll throw in my spider story, since talking about pregnant spiders, I had the same thing found a really fat spider did not think about it be full of baby spiders, well I don’t like spiders they freak me out, but had to start killing them after having kids as the kids freaked out more then me. Anyway, this big fat spider I just stepped on her to kill her and a million baby spider starting running from her in every direction, thank goodness It was out on the patio, but I thought oh great now they will grow up and all come back to haunt meJ. I think they do, we have an outside connection for the gas grill and you have to open it to turn on the gas, well it’s tucked in a corner, and spiders like corners and every summer there is a new big spider there waiting for me, yuk! I usually torch them, since I’m lighting the grill anyway, oh that sounds sick too! Sorry!

I have many others but your pg story reminded me of my pg storyJ

Smiles

Marla

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of Naa Koshie O. MillsSent: Friday, May 26, 2006 8:05 AMTo: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter tales

Rose,

You are so cool! I love the way you put things in perspective. But, the pregnant spider things grossed me out. I had a huge spider in between the glass and screen of my bedroom window last summer. I was so afraid of it, I didn't open up my window until the dead of winter and I was sure he was dead from the cold. At least I prayed he was. I know, I'm a punk!

Naa KoshieRose wrote:

, a few years ago I killed a pregnant spider in my laundry room. I couldn't stand to squash it--gives me the willies--so I sprayed it with bug spray. I had to literally drown the poor thing in spray. (Hope we don't have any insect rights advocates here). I didn't realize she was pregnant; I just thought it was a really huge spider. I thought maybe it was a brown recluse, so I took it to work (hospital clinic) to get some opinions. One of the OB docs looked at it & immediately diagnosed the pregnancy (well, look how many years of training they have.)

We decided to open her up & see about the babies. I was sure they'd be dead, but some of the nurses were a little worried that hundreds of baby spiders were going to take off in the clinic! Anyway, sadly, they had all expired. They were so tiny, not much bigger than a period. But I put one on a microscope slide & placed it on our microscope, all zoomed in. It looked enormous! Then I asked our nurse practititioner, Dee, who didn't know about the spider, to look at something under the microscope for me; I wasn't sure what it was. We heard her scream all the way down the hall! She forgave me, eventually.

You know, it's interesting that spiders don't bother me, because when I was about 8 or 9, I had a recurring dream that a bunch of spiders, different sizes, were climbing up the side of my bed. When one would get just to the top, where it could see over, it would fall to the floor. For quite a while, I tried to sleep in the center of my bed, with my arms & legs straight. I knew if one of my arms flopped over the side, the spiders could climb right up on the bed! I had a mild phobia about daddy longlegs for a few years, but got over that in 6th grade. I was attending a country school that had dozens of daddy longlegs that crawled up the brick wall of the gym--just that one wall. At recess, we girls would compete to see who could jump up the highest & squash one with her foot. I never won, but I guess I gained a sense of power by squashing so many of them. And to think that many schools are eliminating recess!

Well, try to remember that most spiders are our friends; they eat a lot of flies. That's how I explain all the spider webs in my house to visitors! A natural ecosystem. I'm sure the dust bunnies fit in their somewhere. There was a sitcom years back, I think it was Bob Newhart's show where he ran an inn. Anyway, the wife was terrified of dust bunnies & the husband announced on tv that she was afraid of them. I think later he pretended to chase her with dust bunnies. I know it sounds cruel or sadistic, but it was really funny!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Fri, 26 May 2006 01:02:53 -0700 (PDT)Yeah, it's those close-up pictures of stuff that'll get ya every time. Just say NO!!! ...lol Tyra Banks had a show on about what's in your water, etc. I purposely did not watch it. Ignorance is bliss if you ask me....at least in these cases. I liked Northern Exposure but don't remember that particular episode. i'll have to start watching the reruns again. hugs S.Rose wrote:

Did any of you watch Northern Exposure? I loved that series. There was an episode where told Maggie about dust mites, I think he even showed her a picture. Everytime he got close enough to kiss her, she pictured him as a giant dust mite. It was very funny, as all those shows were to me. If it ever comes out on DVD, that is one that I would buy.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

Or... Heaven forbid... maybe you swallowed it in your sleep, Rose... Did you dream of anything chewy? Considering that dead cricket spittin' is a passion of yours, and all... Maybe in your dreams, that's what you thought you were doing! LOL!!! And I'm sure that would count as protein on any diet - and probably not even make a dent in the daily recommended allowance! LOL!! Just kidding!!! ;)

(I SERIOUSLY digress... But all in the name of humor, I assure you! TRUST ME! I am NOT a King fan... I'm actually a whimp when it comes to the yucky stuff! I guess it's at least worth a good giggle, though! That's it! - I got caught up in the giggles!)

And - that dust mite thing - eghads woman!!! It was on my mind all day long!!! I had to change the sheets again today AND vaccuum the mattress! How am I ever going to fall asleep tonight - I'll be itchy all over! LOL!!

Jeannie

Rose wrote:

Well, I feel a little left out. I can't match your horror stories. But I did have a bothersome fly in my bedroom last night. I was trying to read, with the fly buzzing around & the Cat chasing it. Maybe he caught it; no sign of it this morning. He's not much of a mouser, so maybe this is his talent!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: Re: crazy fansDate: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:59:05 -0700 (PDT)

LOL!!! How DREADFUL!!!

Well, since we're sharing - one of my girlfriends' husband and father-in-law had been doing some basement work while the city work crews were replacing a sewer line behind their home. They live just on the outskirts of a small local city - it's actually a pretty nice area. One night she was wakened by her hubby very gently. He calmly told her to move as slowly and quietly as possible out of the bed and not to scream. Of course, she thought there was a prowler and not being wide awake, she nonchalantly moved off of the bed and over to the door of the bedroom. Much to her horror when she flipped the light on, there was a HUGE sewer rat laying on her husband's pillow fast asleep. Apparently it decided to snuggle up to his hot head in the midst of the winter's chill! OH MY WORD! She and the kids slept at her Mom's house for four nights while her husband held vigil until the rat was caught. Unfortunately, it was a messy death, and they had to replace a brand new mattress set... She and I were just talking about that last night. They have never even had a mouse until then, and, thankfully that's the only rodent encounter they've ever experienced! I don't know how she can sleep there... I'd be a mess!

I'm with you - I'd rather have Reese's Pieces than Meeces! LOL!

Hugs,

Jeannie Solberg wrote:

Oh Jeanne, it's ok...lol. Your story also reminds me of a time when I was a teenager and woke up to see a mouse on the pillow next to my hand and I must have startled it cuz it bit me! Jeez! I wonder what all goes on during the night on our own beds?! Spiders and mices(lol) and dust mites??? oh MY! Jeanne, I blame my gray hairs on my husband but in reality 75% of it is probably from suffering from sarc. back to my chocolates and home-shopping.....lol hugs S.Jeanne Betters wrote:

OMG!!! MARY!! I wrote about my spider incident before reading yours!!! I'm sorry! If you haven't read it - DON'T!!! LOL! I'm sorry!!!

- I actually got my first gray hair from a spider! LOL! Well, it could have been from our foster son, Adam, too... at least, I let him think it was his fault! LOL!!

Hugs,

Jeannie

Solberg wrote:

! I'd have plopped a water balloon (or two)on your head if you had scared me with a fake spider.....lol. poor Kath. I think my problems began as a child. We had an outhouse with spiders in it and our basement was so dark, dank and had creepy crawlies. Since I've been sick I'm even more jumpy. I get those creepy bug crawling feelings on my legs but there's almost never anything there. About 10 years ago I was bitten all over my back by a spider during the night and it was so darn painful. I had to use something from Watkins to suck the poison out of my system. Now I keep it on hand all the time. Two years ago there was a big black spider in the shower and i ran screaming out of there and started hyperventilating and my son had to go in and kill it for me. I guess I've had my share of bad spider experiences. Most people who have fears/phobias have had a bad experience or two with the thing they're afraid of. Maury Povich sure has a lot of screamers on his show. It's made me think that some of that stuff is fake or the people are encouraged to 'scream away' as you would have it. Yeah, being scared of a kitten is a bit much to me but who am I to judge... Hey, keep those spiders(real or fake) away from Kath. What goes around comes around. So what are you afraid of ?....lol. hugs S.GARY WOOLARD wrote:

Kathy has a "Phobia" about ALL KINDS OF BUGS LIKE YOURSELF. She knows when Reba or myself have our fingers do "walking" on her back that it's us doing that. But she says get "Sammy" or "Sammies" away from my me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sammy like in Sammy the Spider, Sammy the Crock Roach, Sammy the Worm, etc. Reba had bought an rubber spider toy from a store. I tied it up to an metal handle for a heater vent in the living room. Kathy seen this that day and she FREAKED OUT AND SCREAMED!!!! I know I'am just nasty sometimes. This toy spider went out in the trash. This is just the horse playing around prankster that I've been once in awhile. You know on Maury Provich show they had people who were afraid of bugs like in the real kind, live snakes, a woman was SUCH A DIRER AFRAID OF ALUMINUM FOIL OF ALL THINGS. THE SOUND OF ALUMINUM FOIL BEING CRINKLED UP MADE HER SCREAM AND RUN ALL OVER THIS TV SHOW. They had an hympotist (mispelled?) put these people in a trance and they got over these Phobias. One woman was such a direr afraid of a cat, YES A CAT, in someways all this is funny. But NOT to people of these phobias.

Solberg wrote:

Oh, Rose!...lol. Not dead crickets! ug. What's wrong with watermelon seeds?!...lol. I have a phobia about bugs so I cringed when I read that. ooooo hugs S.Rose wrote:

Jeanne, I don't know if you've ever listened to Jeff Foxworthy. He says that if you ever think your family is the "worst bunch of goobers" in the world, just go to a state fair, or a stock car race. It's true! I even saw some people sticking dead crickets in their mouths & spitting them for prizes at the Indiana State Fair. Oh, wait a minute, that was my granddaughter & me. Her best distance was 13', mine was only 9'. I was so proud!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: crazy fansDate: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

LOL!!! Connie & Matt - It just occured to me that perhaps we are just really "normal" people amidst some real crazy, obnoxious people! LOL!!! Maybe when football season comes around again, we can all share stories and pics of the craziest fans we've seen - wouldn't that be fun!?

Matt - I've been praying for you. I haven't emailed you, but you've been on my mind. I hope you're feeling a little better. My Grandfather always said that "Laughter is the best medicine!" Maybe a little crazy football fan contest will be just what the doctor should've ordered for us! ;)

Have a happy day!

Jeannie

Cohen wrote:

I grew up in North Carolina between Duke and the Univof N,Carolina and i am sure that Duke fans are themost obnoxious fans in america-MATT--- Connie Griffis wrote:> I know what you all are talking about, but mine is a> college rivalry to beat them all. I was born in> Florida and raised here, but I love Georgia and have> always been a Georgia Bulldog - Univ of GA Fan. I> live amongst the Gators much to my dismay. My> oldest daugher is a die hard gator fan- univ. of fl,> as is her husband. They keep telling me that my 5> yr old granddaughter will be a gator cheerleader and> her 3 yr old brother will be a football player for> the team one day. To this I politely pronounce that> when the Fl-GA game comes up I will wear my GA> colors even if I am cheering for my grandson. My> daughter has told me to make sure I am riding in a> different car from them because I will get us all> killed in the swamp. I mess with her and tell her> I'm not afraid of "lizards". (It's all in fun) But> on the serious side I have never known more serious> or obnoxious fans than Fl Gators. - they take it to> the max. In our town we have someone has a PT> Cruise painted blue> and orange with Fl Gator flags, and there was a> station wagon with all the paint covered in Fl Gator> bumper stickers - go figure.> Always, Connie> > Jeanne Betters wrote:> Wow - talk about a coincidence!!! My> stepbrother relocated from Cape Cod to Punxsutawney> about 3 years ago!! LOL!!! And man, did I notice> their accents! How funny!!! > > Yes, I live in Steelers Country. When the> Patriots played the Steelers in the Superbowl a> couple of years back, my stepbrother and> sister-in-law came down here for the game. There> were three of us "Yankees" in a room full of people> who bleed black-and-gold. When the Patriots won,> everyone in the room was absolutely speechless...> they left as silently as if it was a Maundy Thursday> service! LOL!! My step-brother, his wife and I> just looked at each other, winked and did a hidden> "thumbs up." We were afraid for our lives! LOL!!! > I'm telling you, there is absolutely no fan in the> world like a Steelers fan. I actually started> bleeding black and gold about two years ago. This> year everyone wore black and gold throughout the> entire season. I have like one Steelers shirt that> is waaay too tight, but I wore it out of reverence> for my team. My sister lives in Denver (just> outside), so we had our own little rivalry building> up. Apparently Denver was inundated with> Steelers fans, so she eventually threw in the towel> and rooted for "the right" team. LOL!!> > Sorry to all you Denver fans... It's> indescribable what it's like out here in Steelers> Country. You either join em, or end up as feed at> the hog farm. LOL!> > Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Debbie! > GO PATS!!!> > Love,> > Jeannie> > > > > > Debbie wrote:> Hi Jeanne,> I used to work with someone who grew up> in the same area in the Willows, isn't that a> coincidence? I haven't heard from him. He actually> lives in Lawrence now right near the Andover line.> My husbands family comes from Puxatwaney (sp?) PA> (Groundhog country) and he is a big Steeler fan . > Believe me , he does not get along with the Patriot> fans around here! > I know what you mean about the "ah's" and the> "r"s because his family used to make fun of me and> my accent but I poked fun at them because they moved> up here with their funny accent from Penn.! It must> have been hard for you to move down there . I feel> for you! LOL > Yes, the Christmas Tree shops are great ,> aren't they? There are several within 15 miles of> me. Don't they have the little birds at Mc's> down there ? lol Hugs, Debbie> > > > Jeanne Betters wrote: > Hi Debbie!> > Our family's home is on a major fault line in> Marblehead, so we actually have always had concern> that they'd be hit by a freak earthquake rather than> flooding... Their home is literally a walk up the> street from the harbor. Our family and friends' in> Salem live in the Willows - literally 4 or 5 houses> from the shore... I'm guessing in both cases, it> might not be good news. I'm just really glad to> hear your safe!> > So, have you been to Christmas Tree Shops, then? > My favorite shopping spot of all time!! > > I have to tell you, too - sitting at a Mc's> during lunchtime in Western PA is nothing like being> in New England. Here they've got these little birds> that are "annoying" when it comes to begging for> fries... If they only could see the swooping fry> attack of a seagull hoarde!!! > > There's just nothing like back home... I tell> everyone that the only reason why I moved here was> because my caveman husband clubbed me on the head,> threw me over his shoulders by the hair and dragged> me kicking and screaming to Steeler Country. The> Neanderthal. I had to learn how to say, "r" instead> of "ah" and everything! They all love the accent,> but by golly they couldn't understand a dang word I> said! LOL!!! And, as you well know, I'm sure, we> talk really fast up north, so that didn't help my> accent very much, either... The first year I lived> here I thought EVERYONE was cross-eyed and clueless!> When I started to get sick with the NS, I had no> idea - I simply thought I was just fitting right in> with the locals!!! LOL!! > > Have a great rest of the weekend - be safe and> keep dry!> > Hugs,> > Jeannie> > Debbie wrote:> Hi Jeannie.> I haven't heard about Salem at all, but I did> hear that Peabody had some very flooding. I live> about 45 mins away from the Salem and Danvers MA> area. We live right over the NH border. I know all> about those Noreasters! lol > > Jeanne Betters wrote: > Hi Debbie!> > We have family who are out of state right now who> live on the North Shore of Boston (Marblehead) and> Salem, MA.... Do you know if they got hit very> badly? I know whenever there's a Noreaster, they> get hit hard and in the winter ice is unbearable at> times. (I grew up in Massachusetts - Boston, Cape> Cod -and in Rhode Island... always love to hear> about "back home.") > > I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers... Say hi> to a seagull for me! ;)> > Jeannie> > Debbie wrote:> Hi all,> Just thought you might like to know. We are in> the smack dab in the middle of the flooding in> southeast NH and northeast of Mass. area where all> the flooding is. THank God, our home is pretty much> okay. We have had water in our basement , but we> have pumping it out . Not like other families> around here where a lot of people are being> evacuated and losing a lot of their homes and> businesses are losing everything. Dams and rivers> are overflowing. I was in the middle of my> therapist's appt. yesterday and the fireman came> through yesterday and they had to evacuate the> building. I felt like saying "Hey wait a minute,> I'm not done yet!" LOL > But anyway , hopefully everything will start to> recede soon. the sun is suppose to come out soon. > It has been raining for about 10 days. Well , I> have gone on long enough. Debbie> > ---------------------------------> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone> Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or> less. > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Ours were a medium brown, almost a caramel color. They were Mississippi gerbils, so maybe that makes a difference . . . lol.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: critter talesDate: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:10:40 -0700 (PDT)Rose, we must of had 2 different kind of gerbils. My male gerbils were "easy" to distinguish, due to a certain part of their anatomy. There are different kinds though so I don't know, and what color were yours? My were the real light brown........ConnieRose wrote:

Jeanne, have you ever had gerbils for pets? We never could tell them apart. The first pair were supposed to be males. However, we woke up one morning the find a nest full of babies. The bad thing is that the mother can get pregnant again in the next few hours. If she doesn't get pregnant then, she won't for at least 30 days, while she's nursing. The problem is that by the time you know she's delivered, she's already pregnant! That's how I ended up with 3 cages, trying to figure out if mama gerbil was pregnant & putting papa in another cage. We'd keep picking her up & saying, "Well, maybe she looks a little rounder," but never got any good at figuring it out. It got so bad that I even considered trying to feed them oral contraceptives in their water! I tried to calculate the average body weight of a gerbil times the # of gerbils (males too, no way to dose them separately!), then ratio of hormones from gerbils to women . . . . . . finally gave up, thinking that I'd probably kill them all & have 3 upset children.

I put out a sign "Free Gerbils" and gave all of them away (probably to snake owners) but Scooter & Skeeter, brothers from the very first litter. They ended up living nearly 4 years, which is pretty ancient for gerbils. They actually had gray hair. They are buried at the first house we bought when we moved back to Indiana. I really enjoyed the gerbils, but I know I wouldn't be able to keep their cage clean, so I'll stick to my dogs, cats & virtual fish.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: critter talesDate: Sat, 27 May 2006 00:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

Rose - I just have to ask...

Didn't the rustling wood chips, the insanely loud squeaking and their whispery heavy breathing set off an alarm??? LOL! Instead of trying to figure out if they were pregnant or not, it might have been better to spread their little legs apart to ID male or female, and then just separate them!

LOL!!! I'm sorry... I just couldn't resist... ;)

Jeannie

Rose wrote:

Marla, here we are OB nurses & can't recognize a pregnant spider! Back when we had gerbils, I couldn't tell when they were pregnant either. That's how I ended up with 19 gerbils in 3 different cages, always inspecting them trying to tell if they were pregnant!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: <Neurosarcoidosis >Subject: RE: critter talesDate: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:50:56 -0600

OK, I guess I’ll throw in my spider story, since talking about pregnant spiders, I had the same thing found a really fat spider did not think about it be full of baby spiders, well I don’t like spiders they freak me out, but had to start killing them after having kids as the kids freaked out more then me. Anyway, this big fat spider I just stepped on her to kill her and a million baby spider starting running from her in every direction, thank goodness It was out on the patio, but I thought oh great now they will grow up and all come back to haunt meJ. I think they do, we have an outside connection for the gas grill and you have to open it to turn on the gas, well it’s tucked in a corner, and spiders like corners and every summer there is a new big spider there waiting for me, yuk! I usually torch them, since I’m lighting the grill anyway, oh that sounds sick too! Sorry!

I have many others but your pg story reminded me of my pg storyJ

Smiles

Marla

From: Neurosarcoidosis [mailto:Neurosarcoidosis ] On Behalf Of Naa Koshie O. MillsSent: Friday, May 26, 2006 8:05 AMTo: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter tales

Rose,

You are so cool! I love the way you put things in perspective. But, the pregnant spider things grossed me out. I had a huge spider in between the glass and screen of my bedroom window last summer. I was so afraid of it, I didn't open up my window until the dead of winter and I was sure he was dead from the cold. At least I prayed he was. I know, I'm a punk!

Naa KoshieRose wrote:

, a few years ago I killed a pregnant spider in my laundry room. I couldn't stand to squash it--gives me the willies--so I sprayed it with bug spray. I had to literally drown the poor thing in spray. (Hope we don't have any insect rights advocates here). I didn't realize she was pregnant; I just thought it was a really huge spider. I thought maybe it was a brown recluse, so I took it to work (hospital clinic) to get some opinions. One of the OB docs looked at it & immediately diagnosed the pregnancy (well, look how many years of training they have.)

We decided to open her up & see about the babies. I was sure they'd be dead, but some of the nurses were a little worried that hundreds of baby spiders were going to take off in the clinic! Anyway, sadly, they had all expired. They were so tiny, not much bigger than a period. But I put one on a microscope slide & placed it on our microscope, all zoomed in. It looked enormous! Then I asked our nurse practititioner, Dee, who didn't know about the spider, to look at something under the microscope for me; I wasn't sure what it was. We heard her scream all the way down the hall! She forgave me, eventually.

You know, it's interesting that spiders don't bother me, because when I was about 8 or 9, I had a recurring dream that a bunch of spiders, different sizes, were climbing up the side of my bed. When one would get just to the top, where it could see over, it would fall to the floor. For quite a while, I tried to sleep in the center of my bed, with my arms & legs straight. I knew if one of my arms flopped over the side, the spiders could climb right up on the bed! I had a mild phobia about daddy longlegs for a few years, but got over that in 6th grade. I was attending a country school that had dozens of daddy longlegs that crawled up the brick wall of the gym--just that one wall. At recess, we girls would compete to see who could jump up the highest & squash one with her foot. I never won, but I guess I gained a sense of power by squashing so many of them. And to think that many schools are eliminating recess!

Well, try to remember that most spiders are our friends; they eat a lot of flies. That's how I explain all the spider webs in my house to visitors! A natural ecosystem. I'm sure the dust bunnies fit in their somewhere. There was a sitcom years back, I think it was Bob Newhart's show where he ran an inn. Anyway, the wife was terrified of dust bunnies & the husband announced on tv that she was afraid of them. I think later he pretended to chase her with dust bunnies. I know it sounds cruel or sadistic, but it was really funny!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Fri, 26 May 2006 01:02:53 -0700 (PDT)Yeah, it's those close-up pictures of stuff that'll get ya every time. Just say NO!!! ...lol Tyra Banks had a show on about what's in your water, etc. I purposely did not watch it. Ignorance is bliss if you ask me....at least in these cases. I liked Northern Exposure but don't remember that particular episode. i'll have to start watching the reruns again. hugs S.Rose wrote:

Did any of you watch Northern Exposure? I loved that series. There was an episode where told Maggie about dust mites, I think he even showed her a picture. Everytime he got close enough to kiss her, she pictured him as a giant dust mite. It was very funny, as all those shows were to me. If it ever comes out on DVD, that is one that I would buy.

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

Or... Heaven forbid... maybe you swallowed it in your sleep, Rose... Did you dream of anything chewy? Considering that dead cricket spittin' is a passion of yours, and all... Maybe in your dreams, that's what you thought you were doing! LOL!!! And I'm sure that would count as protein on any diet - and probably not even make a dent in the daily recommended allowance! LOL!! Just kidding!!! ;)

(I SERIOUSLY digress... But all in the name of humor, I assure you! TRUST ME! I am NOT a King fan... I'm actually a whimp when it comes to the yucky stuff! I guess it's at least worth a good giggle, though! That's it! - I got caught up in the giggles!)

And - that dust mite thing - eghads woman!!! It was on my mind all day long!!! I had to change the sheets again today AND vaccuum the mattress! How am I ever going to fall asleep tonight - I'll be itchy all over! LOL!!

Jeannie

Rose wrote:

Well, I feel a little left out. I can't match your horror stories. But I did have a bothersome fly in my bedroom last night. I was trying to read, with the fly buzzing around & the Cat chasing it. Maybe he caught it; no sign of it this morning. He's not much of a mouser, so maybe this is his talent!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: Re: crazy fansDate: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:59:05 -0700 (PDT)

LOL!!! How DREADFUL!!!

Well, since we're sharing - one of my girlfriends' husband and father-in-law had been doing some basement work while the city work crews were replacing a sewer line behind their home. They live just on the outskirts of a small local city - it's actually a pretty nice area. One night she was wakened by her hubby very gently. He calmly told her to move as slowly and quietly as possible out of the bed and not to scream. Of course, she thought there was a prowler and not being wide awake, she nonchalantly moved off of the bed and over to the door of the bedroom. Much to her horror when she flipped the light on, there was a HUGE sewer rat laying on her husband's pillow fast asleep. Apparently it decided to snuggle up to his hot head in the midst of the winter's chill! OH MY WORD! She and the kids slept at her Mom's house for four nights while her husband held vigil until the rat was caught. Unfortunately, it was a messy death, and they had to replace a brand new mattress set... She and I were just talking about that last night. They have never even had a mouse until then, and, thankfully that's the only rodent encounter they've ever experienced! I don't know how she can sleep there... I'd be a mess!

I'm with you - I'd rather have Reese's Pieces than Meeces! LOL!

Hugs,

Jeannie Solberg wrote:

Oh Jeanne, it's ok...lol. Your story also reminds me of a time when I was a teenager and woke up to see a mouse on the pillow next to my hand and I must have startled it cuz it bit me! Jeez! I wonder what all goes on during the night on our own beds?! Spiders and mices(lol) and dust mites??? oh MY! Jeanne, I blame my gray hairs on my husband but in reality 75% of it is probably from suffering from sarc. back to my chocolates and home-shopping.....lol hugs S.Jeanne Betters wrote:

OMG!!! MARY!! I wrote about my spider incident before reading yours!!! I'm sorry! If you haven't read it - DON'T!!! LOL! I'm sorry!!!

- I actually got my first gray hair from a spider! LOL! Well, it could have been from our foster son, Adam, too... at least, I let him think it was his fault! LOL!!

Hugs,

Jeannie

Solberg wrote:

! I'd have plopped a water balloon (or two)on your head if you had scared me with a fake spider.....lol. poor Kath. I think my problems began as a child. We had an outhouse with spiders in it and our basement was so dark, dank and had creepy crawlies. Since I've been sick I'm even more jumpy. I get those creepy bug crawling feelings on my legs but there's almost never anything there. About 10 years ago I was bitten all over my back by a spider during the night and it was so darn painful. I had to use something from Watkins to suck the poison out of my system. Now I keep it on hand all the time. Two years ago there was a big black spider in the shower and i ran screaming out of there and started hyperventilating and my son had to go in and kill it for me. I guess I've had my share of bad spider experiences. Most people who have fears/phobias have had a bad experience or two with the thing they're afraid of. Maury Povich sure has a lot of screamers on his show. It's made me think that some of that stuff is fake or the people are encouraged to 'scream away' as you would have it. Yeah, being scared of a kitten is a bit much to me but who am I to judge... Hey, keep those spiders(real or fake) away from Kath. What goes around comes around. So what are you afraid of ?....lol. hugs S.GARY WOOLARD wrote:

Kathy has a "Phobia" about ALL KINDS OF BUGS LIKE YOURSELF. She knows when Reba or myself have our fingers do "walking" on her back that it's us doing that. But she says get "Sammy" or "Sammies" away from my me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sammy like in Sammy the Spider, Sammy the Crock Roach, Sammy the Worm, etc. Reba had bought an rubber spider toy from a store. I tied it up to an metal handle for a heater vent in the living room. Kathy seen this that day and she FREAKED OUT AND SCREAMED!!!! I know I'am just nasty sometimes. This toy spider went out in the trash. This is just the horse playing around prankster that I've been once in awhile. You know on Maury Provich show they had people who were afraid of bugs like in the real kind, live snakes, a woman was SUCH A DIRER AFRAID OF ALUMINUM FOIL OF ALL THINGS. THE SOUND OF ALUMINUM FOIL BEING CRINKLED UP MADE HER SCREAM AND RUN ALL OVER THIS TV SHOW. They had an hympotist (mispelled?) put these people in a trance and they got over these Phobias. One woman was such a direr afraid of a cat, YES A CAT, in someways all this is funny. But NOT to people of these phobias.

Solberg wrote:

Oh, Rose!...lol. Not dead crickets! ug. What's wrong with watermelon seeds?!...lol. I have a phobia about bugs so I cringed when I read that. ooooo hugs S.Rose wrote:

Jeanne, I don't know if you've ever listened to Jeff Foxworthy. He says that if you ever think your family is the "worst bunch of goobers" in the world, just go to a state fair, or a stock car race. It's true! I even saw some people sticking dead crickets in their mouths & spitting them for prizes at the Indiana State Fair. Oh, wait a minute, that was my granddaughter & me. Her best distance was 13', mine was only 9'. I was so proud!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: crazy fansDate: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

LOL!!! Connie & Matt - It just occured to me that perhaps we are just really "normal" people amidst some real crazy, obnoxious people! LOL!!! Maybe when football season comes around again, we can all share stories and pics of the craziest fans we've seen - wouldn't that be fun!?

Matt - I've been praying for you. I haven't emailed you, but you've been on my mind. I hope you're feeling a little better. My Grandfather always said that "Laughter is the best medicine!" Maybe a little crazy football fan contest will be just what the doctor should've ordered for us! ;)

Have a happy day!

Jeannie

Cohen wrote:

I grew up in North Carolina between Duke and the Univof N,Carolina and i am sure that Duke fans are themost obnoxious fans in america-MATT--- Connie Griffis wrote:> I know what you all are talking about, but mine is a> college rivalry to beat them all. I was born in> Florida and raised here, but I love Georgia and have> always been a Georgia Bulldog - Univ of GA Fan. I> live amongst the Gators much to my dismay. My> oldest daugher is a die hard gator fan- univ. of fl,> as is her husband. They keep telling me that my 5> yr old granddaughter will be a gator cheerleader and> her 3 yr old brother will be a football player for> the team one day. To this I politely pronounce that> when the Fl-GA game comes up I will wear my GA> colors even if I am cheering for my grandson. My> daughter has told me to make sure I am riding in a> different car from them because I will get us all> killed in the swamp. I mess with her and tell her> I'm not afraid of "lizards". (It's all in fun) But> on the serious side I have never known more serious> or obnoxious fans than Fl Gators. - they take it to> the max. In our town we have someone has a PT> Cruise painted blue> and orange with Fl Gator flags, and there was a> station wagon with all the paint covered in Fl Gator> bumper stickers - go figure.> Always, Connie> > Jeanne Betters wrote:> Wow - talk about a coincidence!!! My> stepbrother relocated from Cape Cod to Punxsutawney> about 3 years ago!! LOL!!! And man, did I notice> their accents! How funny!!! > > Yes, I live in Steelers Country. When the> Patriots played the Steelers in the Superbowl a> couple of years back, my stepbrother and> sister-in-law came down here for the game. There> were three of us "Yankees" in a room full of people> who bleed black-and-gold. When the Patriots won,> everyone in the room was absolutely speechless...> they left as silently as if it was a Maundy Thursday> service! LOL!! My step-brother, his wife and I> just looked at each other, winked and did a hidden> "thumbs up." We were afraid for our lives! LOL!!! > I'm telling you, there is absolutely no fan in the> world like a Steelers fan. I actually started> bleeding black and gold about two years ago. This> year everyone wore black and gold throughout the> entire season. I have like one Steelers shirt that> is waaay too tight, but I wore it out of reverence> for my team. My sister lives in Denver (just> outside), so we had our own little rivalry building> up. Apparently Denver was inundated with> Steelers fans, so she eventually threw in the towel> and rooted for "the right" team. LOL!!> > Sorry to all you Denver fans... It's> indescribable what it's like out here in Steelers> Country. You either join em, or end up as feed at> the hog farm. LOL!> > Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Debbie! > GO PATS!!!> > Love,> > Jeannie> > > > > > Debbie wrote:> Hi Jeanne,> I used to work with someone who grew up> in the same area in the Willows, isn't that a> coincidence? I haven't heard from him. He actually> lives in Lawrence now right near the Andover line.> My husbands family comes from Puxatwaney (sp?) PA> (Groundhog country) and he is a big Steeler fan . > Believe me , he does not get along with the Patriot> fans around here! > I know what you mean about the "ah's" and the> "r"s because his family used to make fun of me and> my accent but I poked fun at them because they moved> up here with their funny accent from Penn.! It must> have been hard for you to move down there . I feel> for you! LOL > Yes, the Christmas Tree shops are great ,> aren't they? There are several within 15 miles of> me. Don't they have the little birds at Mc's> down there ? lol Hugs, Debbie> > > > Jeanne Betters wrote: > Hi Debbie!> > Our family's home is on a major fault line in> Marblehead, so we actually have always had concern> that they'd be hit by a freak earthquake rather than> flooding... Their home is literally a walk up the> street from the harbor. Our family and friends' in> Salem live in the Willows - literally 4 or 5 houses> from the shore... I'm guessing in both cases, it> might not be good news. I'm just really glad to> hear your safe!> > So, have you been to Christmas Tree Shops, then? > My favorite shopping spot of all time!! > > I have to tell you, too - sitting at a Mc's> during lunchtime in Western PA is nothing like being> in New England. Here they've got these little birds> that are "annoying" when it comes to begging for> fries... If they only could see the swooping fry> attack of a seagull hoarde!!! > > There's just nothing like back home... I tell> everyone that the only reason why I moved here was> because my caveman husband clubbed me on the head,> threw me over his shoulders by the hair and dragged> me kicking and screaming to Steeler Country. The> Neanderthal. I had to learn how to say, "r" instead> of "ah" and everything! They all love the accent,> but by golly they couldn't understand a dang word I> said! LOL!!! And, as you well know, I'm sure, we> talk really fast up north, so that didn't help my> accent very much, either... The first year I lived> here I thought EVERYONE was cross-eyed and clueless!> When I started to get sick with the NS, I had no> idea - I simply thought I was just fitting right in> with the locals!!! LOL!! > > Have a great rest of the weekend - be safe and> keep dry!> > Hugs,> > Jeannie> > Debbie wrote:> Hi Jeannie.> I haven't heard about Salem at all, but I did> hear that Peabody had some very flooding. I live> about 45 mins away from the Salem and Danvers MA> area. We live right over the NH border. I know all> about those Noreasters! lol > > Jeanne Betters wrote: > Hi Debbie!> > We have family who are out of state right now who> live on the North Shore of Boston (Marblehead) and> Salem, MA.... Do you know if they got hit very> badly? I know whenever there's a Noreaster, they> get hit hard and in the winter ice is unbearable at> times. (I grew up in Massachusetts - Boston, Cape> Cod -and in Rhode Island... always love to hear> about "back home.") > > I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers... Say hi> to a seagull for me! ;)> > Jeannie> > Debbie wrote:> Hi all,> Just thought you might like to know. We are in> the smack dab in the middle of the flooding in> southeast NH and northeast of Mass. area where all> the flooding is. THank God, our home is pretty much> okay. We have had water in our basement , but we> have pumping it out . Not like other families> around here where a lot of people are being> evacuated and losing a lot of their homes and> businesses are losing everything. Dams and rivers> are overflowing. I was in the middle of my> therapist's appt. yesterday and the fireman came> through yesterday and they had to evacuate the> building. I felt like saying "Hey wait a minute,> I'm not done yet!" LOL > But anyway , hopefully everything will start to> recede soon. the sun is suppose to come out soon. > It has been raining for about 10 days. Well , I> have gone on long enough. Debbie> > ---------------------------------> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone> Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or> less. > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

LOL!!! Yes!!! YES!!! I knew they served an important purpose!!! ;) Connie Griffis wrote: Personally, I think the dust bunny is the hero, every once in a while the spider gets tangled up in the bunny and hah, can't get me now//ConnieJeanne Betters wrote: Hi ! Don't worry - I made it through the night unscathed! LOL!!! Erma Bombeck once said something to the effect that she had learned that just the right amount of dust covering the room has an incredible luminescent effect in the candlelight.... I'd have to say I agree with

her, don't you? Maybe all we need to do is just light a few extra candles now and then... and not be so tough on ourselves! ;) Maybe we can convince ourselves that the dust bunnies are really just maintenance-free pets! If not, then I guess knowing that the spiders have a good purpose will suffice! LOL! "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...." That song is ringing in my head! LOL! Have a happy day of giggles - Jeannie Solberg wrote: Jeanne, sorry about the dust mites reference....lol. If I worried about those I'd be changing my sheets every day. But I am way too sick for

that. My house is full of dust bunnies(...mite villages/planets) cuz I just don't have the energy anymore. I used to dust two or three times a week. Now it's about three or four times a year....with paid help. Hey, maybe the spiders come to eat the dust mites...! Soooo.....if you get rid of the dust mites then the spiders will leave cuz there's nothin to eat....lol. I just pray that the good Lord keeps them away from me and leave it at that. Just so none of Rose's cockroaches or crickets don't come a'knockin..... lol hugs S.Jeanne Betters wrote: Or... Heaven forbid... maybe you swallowed it in your sleep, Rose... Did you dream of anything chewy?

Considering that dead cricket spittin' is a passion of yours, and all... Maybe in your dreams, that's what you thought you were doing! LOL!!! And I'm sure that would count as protein on any diet - and probably not even make a dent in the daily recommended allowance! LOL!! Just kidding!!! ;) (I SERIOUSLY digress... But all in the name of humor, I assure you! TRUST ME! I am NOT a King fan... I'm actually a whimp when it comes to the yucky stuff! I guess it's at least worth a good giggle, though! That's it! - I got caught up in the giggles!) And - that dust mite thing - eghads woman!!! It was on my mind all day long!!! I had to change the

sheets again today AND vaccuum the mattress! How am I ever going to fall asleep tonight - I'll be itchy all over! LOL!! Jeannie Rose wrote: Well, I feel a little left out. I can't match your horror stories. But I did have a bothersome fly in my bedroom last night. I was trying to read, with the fly buzzing around & the Cat chasing it. Maybe he caught it; no sign of it this morning. He's not much of a mouser, so maybe this is his talent! Ramblin'

Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: RE: Re: crazy fansDate: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:59:05 -0700 (PDT) LOL!!! How DREADFUL!!! Well, since we're sharing - one of my girlfriends' husband and father-in-law had been doing some basement work while the city work crews were replacing a sewer line behind their home. They live just on the outskirts of a small local city - it's actually a pretty nice area. One

night she was wakened by her hubby very gently. He calmly told her to move as slowly and quietly as possible out of the bed and not to scream. Of course, she thought there was a prowler and not being wide awake, she nonchalantly moved off of the bed and over to the door of the bedroom. Much to her horror when she flipped the light on, there was a HUGE sewer rat laying on her husband's pillow fast asleep. Apparently it decided to snuggle up to his hot head in the midst of the winter's chill! OH MY WORD! She and the kids slept at her Mom's house for four nights while her husband held vigil until the rat was caught. Unfortunately, it was a messy death, and they had to replace a brand new mattress set... She and I were just talking about that last night. They have never even had a mouse until then, and, thankfully that's the only rodent encounter they've ever experienced! I don't know how she can sleep there...

I'd be a mess! I'm with you - I'd rather have Reese's Pieces than Meeces! LOL! Hugs, Jeannie Solberg wrote: Oh Jeanne, it's ok...lol. Your story also reminds me of a time when I was a teenager and woke up to see a mouse on the pillow next to my hand and I must have startled it cuz it bit me! Jeez! I wonder what all goes on during the night on our own beds?! Spiders and mices(lol) and dust mites??? oh MY! Jeanne, I blame my gray hairs on my husband but in reality 75% of it is probably from suffering from sarc. back to my chocolates and home-shopping.....lol hugs S.Jeanne Betters

wrote: OMG!!! MARY!! I wrote about my spider incident before reading yours!!! I'm sorry! If you haven't read it - DON'T!!! LOL! I'm sorry!!! - I actually got my first gray hair from a spider! LOL! Well, it could have been from our foster son, Adam, too... at least, I let him think it was his fault! LOL!! Hugs, Jeannie Solberg wrote: ! I'd have plopped a water balloon (or two)on your head

if you had scared me with a fake spider.....lol. poor Kath. I think my problems began as a child. We had an outhouse with spiders in it and our basement was so dark, dank and had creepy crawlies. Since I've been sick I'm even more jumpy. I get those creepy bug crawling feelings on my legs but there's almost never anything there. About 10 years ago I was bitten all over my back by a spider during the night and it was so darn painful. I had to use something from Watkins to suck the poison out of my system. Now I keep it on hand all the time. Two years ago there was a big black spider in the shower and i ran screaming out of there and started hyperventilating and my son had to go in and kill it for me. I guess I've had my share of bad spider experiences. Most people who have fears/phobias have had a bad experience or two with the thing they're afraid of. Maury Povich sure has a lot of

screamers on his show. It's made me think that some of that stuff is fake or the people are encouraged to 'scream away' as you would have it. Yeah, being scared of a kitten is a bit much to me but who am I to judge... Hey, keep those spiders(real or fake) away from Kath. What goes around comes around. So what are you afraid of ?....lol. hugs S.GARY WOOLARD wrote: , Kathy has a "Phobia" about ALL KINDS OF BUGS LIKE YOURSELF. She knows when Reba or myself have our fingers do "walking" on her back that it's us doing that. But she says get "Sammy" or "Sammies" away from my me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sammy like in Sammy the Spider, Sammy the Crock Roach, Sammy the Worm, etc. Reba had bought an rubber

spider toy from a store. I tied it up to an metal handle for a heater vent in the living room. Kathy seen this that day and she FREAKED OUT AND SCREAMED!!!! I know I'am just nasty sometimes. This toy spider went out in the trash. This is just the horse playing around prankster that I've been once in awhile. You know on Maury Provich show they had people who were afraid of bugs like in the real kind, live snakes, a woman was SUCH A DIRER AFRAID OF ALUMINUM FOIL OF ALL THINGS. THE SOUND OF ALUMINUM FOIL BEING CRINKLED UP MADE HER SCREAM AND RUN ALL OVER THIS TV SHOW. They had an hympotist (mispelled?) put these people in a trance and they got over these Phobias. One woman was such a direr afraid of a cat, YES A CAT, in someways all this is funny. But NOT to people of these phobias. Solberg wrote: Oh, Rose!...lol. Not dead crickets! ug. What's wrong with watermelon seeds?!...lol. I have a phobia about bugs so I cringed when I read that. ooooo hugs S.Rose wrote: Jeanne, I don't know if you've ever listened to Jeff Foxworthy. He says that if you ever think your family is the "worst bunch of goobers" in the world, just go to a state fair, or a stock car race. It's true! I even saw some people sticking dead crickets in their mouths & spitting them for prizes at the Indiana State Fair. Oh, wait a minute, that was my granddaughter & me. Her best distance was 13', mine was only 9'. I was so

proud! Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: crazy fansDate: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:54:42 -0700 (PDT) LOL!!! Connie & Matt - It just occured to me that perhaps we are just really "normal" people amidst some real crazy, obnoxious people! LOL!!!

Maybe when football season comes around again, we can all share stories and pics of the craziest fans we've seen - wouldn't that be fun!? Matt - I've been praying for you. I haven't emailed you, but you've been on my mind. I hope you're feeling a little better. My Grandfather always said that "Laughter is the best medicine!" Maybe a little crazy football fan contest will be just what the doctor should've ordered for us! ;) Have a happy day! Jeannie Cohen wrote: I grew up in North Carolina between Duke and the Univof N,Carolina and i am sure that Duke fans are themost obnoxious fans in america-MATT--- Connie Griffis

wrote:> I know what you all are talking about, but mine is a> college rivalry to beat them all. I was born in> Florida and raised here, but I love Georgia and have> always been a Georgia Bulldog - Univ of GA Fan. I> live amongst the Gators much to my dismay. My> oldest daugher is a die hard gator fan- univ. of fl,> as is her husband. They keep telling me that my 5> yr old granddaughter will be a gator cheerleader and> her 3 yr old brother will be a football player for> the team one day. To this I politely pronounce that> when the Fl-GA game comes up I will wear my GA> colors even if I am cheering for my grandson. My> daughter has told me to make sure I am riding in a> different car from them because I will get us all> killed in the swamp. I mess with her and tell her> I'm not afraid of "lizards". (It's all in

fun) But> on the serious side I have never known more serious> or obnoxious fans than Fl Gators. - they take it to> the max. In our town we have someone has a PT> Cruise painted blue> and orange with Fl Gator flags, and there was a> station wagon with all the paint covered in Fl Gator> bumper stickers - go figure.> Always, Connie> > Jeanne Betters wrote:> Wow - talk about a coincidence!!! My> stepbrother relocated from Cape Cod to Punxsutawney> about 3 years ago!! LOL!!! And man, did I notice> their accents! How funny!!! > > Yes, I live in Steelers Country. When the> Patriots played the Steelers in the Superbowl a> couple of years back, my stepbrother and> sister-in-law came down here for the

game. There> were three of us "Yankees" in a room full of people> who bleed black-and-gold. When the Patriots won,> everyone in the room was absolutely speechless...> they left as silently as if it was a Maundy Thursday> service! LOL!! My step-brother, his wife and I> just looked at each other, winked and did a hidden> "thumbs up." We were afraid for our lives! LOL!!! > I'm telling you, there is absolutely no fan in the> world like a Steelers fan. I actually started> bleeding black and gold about two years ago. This> year everyone wore black and gold throughout the> entire season. I have like one Steelers shirt that> is waaay too tight, but I wore it out of reverence> for my team. My sister lives in Denver (just> outside), so we had our own little rivalry building> up. Apparently Denver was

inundated with> Steelers fans, so she eventually threw in the towel> and rooted for "the right" team. LOL!!> > Sorry to all you Denver fans... It's> indescribable what it's like out here in Steelers> Country. You either join em, or end up as feed at> the hog farm. LOL!> > Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, Debbie! > GO PATS!!!> > Love,> > Jeannie> > > > > > Debbie wrote:> Hi Jeanne,> I used to work with someone who grew up> in the same area in the Willows, isn't that a> coincidence? I haven't

heard from him. He actually> lives in Lawrence now right near the Andover line.> My husbands family comes from Puxatwaney (sp?) PA> (Groundhog country) and he is a big Steeler fan . > Believe me , he does not get along with the Patriot> fans around here! > I know what you mean about the "ah's" and the> "r"s because his family used to make fun of me and> my accent but I poked fun at them because they moved> up here with their funny accent from Penn.! It must> have been hard for you to move down there . I feel> for you! LOL > Yes, the Christmas Tree shops are great ,> aren't they? There are several within 15 miles of> me. Don't they have the little birds at Mc's> down there ? lol Hugs, Debbie>

> > > Jeanne Betters wrote: > Hi Debbie!> > Our family's home is on a major fault line in> Marblehead, so we actually have always had concern> that they'd be hit by a freak earthquake rather than> flooding... Their home is literally a walk up the> street from the harbor. Our family and friends' in> Salem live in the Willows - literally 4 or 5 houses> from the shore... I'm guessing in both cases, it> might not be good news. I'm just really glad to> hear your safe!> > So, have you been to Christmas Tree Shops, then? > My favorite shopping spot of all time!! > > I have to tell you, too - sitting at a Mc's> during lunchtime in Western PA is nothing like

being> in New England. Here they've got these little birds> that are "annoying" when it comes to begging for> fries... If they only could see the swooping fry> attack of a seagull hoarde!!! > > There's just nothing like back home... I tell> everyone that the only reason why I moved here was> because my caveman husband clubbed me on the head,> threw me over his shoulders by the hair and dragged> me kicking and screaming to Steeler Country. The> Neanderthal. I had to learn how to say, "r" instead> of "ah" and everything! They all love the accent,> but by golly they couldn't understand a dang word I> said! LOL!!! And, as you well know, I'm sure, we> talk really fast up north, so that didn't help my> accent very much, either... The first year I lived> here I thought EVERYONE

was cross-eyed and clueless!> When I started to get sick with the NS, I had no> idea - I simply thought I was just fitting right in> with the locals!!! LOL!! > > Have a great rest of the weekend - be safe and> keep dry!> > Hugs,> > Jeannie> > Debbie wrote:> Hi Jeannie.> I haven't heard about Salem at all, but I did> hear that Peabody had some very flooding. I live> about 45 mins away from the Salem and Danvers MA> area. We live right over the NH border. I know all> about those Noreasters! lol > > Jeanne Betters wrote: > Hi Debbie!> > We have

family who are out of state right now who> live on the North Shore of Boston (Marblehead) and> Salem, MA.... Do you know if they got hit very> badly? I know whenever there's a Noreaster, they> get hit hard and in the winter ice is unbearable at> times. (I grew up in Massachusetts - Boston, Cape> Cod -and in Rhode Island... always love to hear> about "back home.") > > I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers... Say hi> to a seagull for me! ;)> > Jeannie> > Debbie wrote:> Hi all,> Just thought you might like to know. We are in> the smack dab in the middle of the flooding in> southeast NH and northeast of Mass. area where all> the flooding is. THank God, our home is pretty

much> okay. We have had water in our basement , but we> have pumping it out . Not like other families> around here where a lot of people are being> evacuated and losing a lot of their homes and> businesses are losing everything. Dams and rivers> are overflowing. I was in the middle of my> therapist's appt. yesterday and the fireman came> through yesterday and they had to evacuate the> building. I felt like saying "Hey wait a minute,> I'm not done yet!" LOL > But anyway , hopefully everything will start to> recede soon. the sun is suppose to come out soon. > It has been raining for about 10 days. Well , I> have gone on long enough. Debbie> > ---------------------------------> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone>

Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or> less. > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter tales: here comes another one.

We moved from San to Indiana in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something to eat & got that container out of the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana!

Ramblin' Rose

Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000

Rose,Maybe the Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?Terri G.

Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail

Guest guest

LOL! So sad, but yet so very funny! Ok - so the other day, we visited with some old neighbors of ours who have moved out of outer city limits to the country and have since learned and embraced the joys of cow - watching and chicken-slaughtering. My son really REALLY wanted to stay for dinner, and since our hubbies work together, we figured we'd just make it an old-fashioned family affair. When they lived up the road, we were famous for impromptu pizza and swimming parties all summer long... Well... My girlfriend asked me to go into her freezer and take out some chicken. GULP. Yep - her freezer, which once had been the famous young mother symbol of popsicles and pre-shaped hamburger patties had become a cryogenic storehouse for winter-lost family pets that had died: a gecko, a lizard, two chickens (the kids won't eat their pets), a frog,

a parakeet and a couple of fish. I did one of those double takes and fell backwards into a kitchen chair. (such a weenie I can be!) She laughed at me, shrugged her shoulders and said they had been waiting for spring to come in order to have a mass funeral ceremony and funeral for their beloved family pets... But they had just been so busy once the weather got warm, they hadn't gotten around to it yet. A few minutes later, my girlfriend went out to the yard to feed her dog and my son grabbed my arm to pull me aside. He whispered in my ear, "Mom, you know I love Miss and Danny and Tori and Mr. Todd and all, but they really have changed since moving to the country. I just don't think I can eat gecko and lizards and parakeets for dinner, at least, not tonight... I'm so sorry, Mom... Can we just treat them to a good ol' fashioned pizza instead?" I

was doubled over in hysterical laughter... It took a while, but I finally convinced him our friends hadn't been possessed by evil aliens... And so the critter tales continue... Hugs to all, JeannieRose wrote: Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter tales: here comes another one. We moved from San to Indiana

in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something

to eat & got that container out of the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana! Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To:

Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000 Rose,Maybe the Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?Terri G. Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail __________________________________________________

Guest guest

LOL! So sad, but yet so very funny! Ok - so the other day, we visited with some old neighbors of ours who have moved out of outer city limits to the country and have since learned and embraced the joys of cow - watching and chicken-slaughtering. My son really REALLY wanted to stay for dinner, and since our hubbies work together, we figured we'd just make it an old-fashioned family affair. When they lived up the road, we were famous for impromptu pizza and swimming parties all summer long... Well... My girlfriend asked me to go into her freezer and take out some chicken. GULP. Yep - her freezer, which once had been the famous young mother symbol of popsicles and pre-shaped hamburger patties had become a cryogenic storehouse for winter-lost family pets that had died: a gecko, a lizard, two chickens (the kids won't eat their pets), a frog,

a parakeet and a couple of fish. I did one of those double takes and fell backwards into a kitchen chair. (such a weenie I can be!) She laughed at me, shrugged her shoulders and said they had been waiting for spring to come in order to have a mass funeral ceremony and funeral for their beloved family pets... But they had just been so busy once the weather got warm, they hadn't gotten around to it yet. A few minutes later, my girlfriend went out to the yard to feed her dog and my son grabbed my arm to pull me aside. He whispered in my ear, "Mom, you know I love Miss and Danny and Tori and Mr. Todd and all, but they really have changed since moving to the country. I just don't think I can eat gecko and lizards and parakeets for dinner, at least, not tonight... I'm so sorry, Mom... Can we just treat them to a good ol' fashioned pizza instead?" I

was doubled over in hysterical laughter... It took a while, but I finally convinced him our friends hadn't been possessed by evil aliens... And so the critter tales continue... Hugs to all, JeannieRose wrote: Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter tales: here comes another one. We moved from San to Indiana

in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something

to eat & got that container out of the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana! Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To:

Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000 Rose,Maybe the Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?Terri G. Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh My Jeannie. I am so glad there was a chair behind you! lol You were very brave to open that freezer, I must say. Your poor son, he sounds like he was just as petrified as you, the poor thing. DebbiePS My dad had trout, deer meat and rabbit meat from fishing and hunting in his freezer but none of our pets! sauntienini@...> wrote: LOL! So sad, but yet so very funny! Ok - so the other day, we visited with some old neighbors of ours who have moved out of outer city limits to the country and have since learned and embraced the joys of cow - watching and chicken-slaughtering. My son really REALLY wanted to stay

for dinner, and since our hubbies work together, we figured we'd just make it an old-fashioned family affair. When they lived up the road, we were famous for impromptu pizza and swimming parties all summer long... Well... My girlfriend asked me to go into her freezer and take out some chicken. GULP. Yep - her freezer, which once had been the famous young mother symbol of popsicles and pre-shaped hamburger patties had become a cryogenic storehouse for winter-lost family pets that had died: a gecko, a lizard, two chickens (the kids won't eat their pets), a frog, a parakeet and a couple of fish. I did one of those double takes and fell backwards into a kitchen chair. (such a weenie I can be!) She laughed at me, shrugged her shoulders and said they had been waiting for spring to come in order to have a mass funeral ceremony and funeral for

their beloved family pets... But they had just been so busy once the weather got warm, they hadn't gotten around to it yet. A few minutes later, my girlfriend went out to the yard to feed her dog and my son grabbed my arm to pull me aside. He whispered in my ear, "Mom, you know I love Miss and Danny and Tori and Mr. Todd and all, but they really have changed since moving to the country. I just don't think I can eat gecko and lizards and parakeets for dinner, at least, not tonight... I'm so sorry, Mom... Can we just treat them to a good ol' fashioned pizza instead?" I was doubled over in hysterical laughter... It took a while, but I finally convinced him our friends hadn't been possessed by evil aliens... And so the critter tales continue... Hugs to all, JeannieRose

wrote: Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter tales: here comes another one. We moved from San to Indiana in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced

back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something to eat & got that container out of the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana! Ramblin'

Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000 Rose,Maybe the Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?Terri G. Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi Debbie! I know!! I swear I had never seen anything so freaky in all my life!!! I mean, she and I would split a cow or a hog and fill our freezers every once in a while, but you gotta draw the line somewhere, ya know? Geeez!!! Hope you're having a good one - Jeannie Debbie wrote: Oh My Jeannie. I am so glad there was a chair behind you! lol You were very

brave to open that freezer, I must say. Your poor son, he sounds like he was just as petrified as you, the poor thing. DebbiePS My dad had trout, deer meat and rabbit meat from fishing and hunting in his freezer but none of our pets! sauntienini@...> wrote: LOL! So sad, but yet so very funny! Ok - so the other day, we visited with some old neighbors of ours who have moved out of outer city limits to the country and have since learned and embraced the joys of cow - watching and chicken-slaughtering. My son really REALLY wanted to stay for dinner, and since our hubbies work together, we figured we'd just make it an old-fashioned family affair. When they lived up the road, we were famous

for impromptu pizza and swimming parties all summer long... Well... My girlfriend asked me to go into her freezer and take out some chicken. GULP. Yep - her freezer, which once had been the famous young mother symbol of popsicles and pre-shaped hamburger patties had become a cryogenic storehouse for winter-lost family pets that had died: a gecko, a lizard, two chickens (the kids won't eat their pets), a frog, a parakeet and a couple of fish. I did one of those double takes and fell backwards into a kitchen chair. (such a weenie I can be!) She laughed at me, shrugged her shoulders and said they had been waiting for spring to come in order to have a mass funeral ceremony and funeral for their beloved family pets... But they had just been so busy once the weather got warm, they hadn't gotten around to it yet. A few minutes later, my

girlfriend went out to the yard to feed her dog and my son grabbed my arm to pull me aside. He whispered in my ear, "Mom, you know I love Miss and Danny and Tori and Mr. Todd and all, but they really have changed since moving to the country. I just don't think I can eat gecko and lizards and parakeets for dinner, at least, not tonight... I'm so sorry, Mom... Can we just treat them to a good ol' fashioned pizza instead?" I was doubled over in hysterical laughter... It took a while, but I finally convinced him our friends hadn't been possessed by evil aliens... And so the critter tales continue... Hugs to all, JeannieRose wrote: Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter tales: here comes another one. We moved from San to Indiana in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until

we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something to eat & got that container out of the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana! Ramblin' Rose Moderator Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis To: Neurosarcoidosis Subject: Re: critter talesDate: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000 Rose,Maybe the Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?Terri G. Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Jeannie, that is too funny! How old is your son?

> Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are!

Warning for those sick of the critter tales: here comes another one.

> We moved from San to Indiana in January, 1990. Scooter &

Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired.

Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might

not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the

night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking

the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit

breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter

moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but

bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were

renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked

Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him

until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I

put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A

couple of weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for

something to eat & got that container out of

> the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, " Dad, don't

eat that! It's Scooter! " After we moved to our house and buried

Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils

born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San

, then to Indiana!

> Ramblin' Rose

> Moderator

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> From: " mosaicgirl1 "

> Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis

> To: Neurosarcoidosis

> Subject: Re: critter tales

> Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000

>

>

> Rose,

>

> Maybe the Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?

>

> Terri G.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

, then to Indiana!

> Ramblin' Rose

> Moderator

>

>

>

>

> Rose,

>

>

> Terri G.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

, then to Indiana!

> Ramblin' Rose

> Moderator

>

>

>

>

> Rose,

>

>

> Terri G.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Rose! LOL!! He's going on 10 next month, on 30 when we go shopping, and on 2 when he's asked to scoop the dog poop! LOL!! We homeschool, which is why I think sometimes he's more of a little man than a little boy. He's always around adults. And sometimes he acts as if he thinks HE'S the parent and I'M the child. The sweetest thing he wrote this year was in a scrapbook he was working on for school. When he got to the "wishes" segment, he wrote, "What I would REALLY wish for is for my Mom not to have that mass in her head and to get better so she doesn't hurt anymore. I miss playing ball with her. But she makes good chocolate chip cookies, so we're even." LOL! What a kid! Have a good one! Hugs,Jeannie Rose

wrote: Jeannie, that is too funny! How old is your son?> Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter

tales: here comes another one.> We moved from San to Indiana in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of

weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something to eat & got that container out of> the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana!> Ramblin' Rose> Moderator> > > ---------------------------------> > Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Subject: Re: critter tales> Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000> > > Rose,> > Maybe the

Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?> > Terri G.> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Hi Rose! LOL!! He's going on 10 next month, on 30 when we go shopping, and on 2 when he's asked to scoop the dog poop! LOL!! We homeschool, which is why I think sometimes he's more of a little man than a little boy. He's always around adults. And sometimes he acts as if he thinks HE'S the parent and I'M the child. The sweetest thing he wrote this year was in a scrapbook he was working on for school. When he got to the "wishes" segment, he wrote, "What I would REALLY wish for is for my Mom not to have that mass in her head and to get better so she doesn't hurt anymore. I miss playing ball with her. But she makes good chocolate chip cookies, so we're even." LOL! What a kid! Have a good one! Hugs,Jeannie Rose

wrote: Jeannie, that is too funny! How old is your son?> Eeeewwwww. You don't know how close you are! Warning for those sick of the critter

tales: here comes another one.> We moved from San to Indiana in January, 1990. Scooter & Skeeter were just shy of 4 years old, very frail & gray- haired. Brad was 13 and I tried to prepare him for the fact that they might not survive the trip. He slept on the floor next to the cage the night before we left. On the 2-day trip to Indiana, he kept checking the cage in the back seat. Once he thought that Scooter had quit breathing & began sobbing (he takes after his mom), but then Scooter moved. On the second day, it happened. He cried for awhile, but bounced back thanks to Nintendo. When we reached Indiana, we were renting a condo until the house we had bought was available. I asked Brad if he wanted to bury Scooter at my cousin's farm or freeze him until we moved to the house in the country & bury him there. So I put him in a cottage cheese container & put it in the freezer. A couple of

weeks later, my husband (then) was rooting around for something to eat & got that container out of> the freezer. As he started to open it, Brad shouted, "Dad, don't eat that! It's Scooter!" After we moved to our house and buried Scooter, Skeeter lasted another few weeks. Pretty good for gerbils born in Mississippi, moved to the Rio Grande Valley, then to San , then to Indiana!> Ramblin' Rose> Moderator> > > ---------------------------------> > Reply-To: Neurosarcoidosis > To: Neurosarcoidosis > Subject: Re: critter tales> Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:10:37 -0000> > > Rose,> > Maybe the

Mississippi Gerbils can hang out with the RMO's?> > Terri G.> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be one of the first to try Windows Live Mail > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest