RemedySpot.com

Re: Food allergies and behavior problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

How are you doing? Do they sell any rice milk that is already cold, or is it only the stuff that is on the shelf and not in the cold section?

What daily vitamin do you give her? I was checking out the ones at the grocery store, because I haven't been able to go to the health food store yet..it is 35 minutes away, and I haven't really found one. We keep away from soy because he has a sensitivity to it. It causes him eczema and the ones at the store have soy protein in it. I guess I will have to make it to the health food store this week lol. I am really not too sure about the fat that she is missing...I will do some research! My favorite thing to do LOL! I love researching things. I have learned so much by researching allergies! It is great! Anyway, you take care and I will let you know what I find! Have a great day!

Alyssa

Alyssa, You had asked how we give our kids the calcium they are lacking from their dairy free diets....I give Josie rice milk which has more calcium than milk. I also give her daily vitamins with extra calcium. Anything I can get her with extra calcium, I do.My question is how do I give Josie the fat she is missing from her diet by not drinking whole milk. She's 15 months old and weighs 18 lbs 11 oz. (7th percentile) At her 12 month visit, she was 19 lbs 13 oz. In addition to her allergies to milk, egg, nuts & beef, she's also a picky eater!Any suggestions would be great!Take care all!Missy Oakdale, MN

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

How are you doing? Do they sell any rice milk that is already cold, or is it only the stuff that is on the shelf and not in the cold section?

What daily vitamin do you give her? I was checking out the ones at the grocery store, because I haven't been able to go to the health food store yet..it is 35 minutes away, and I haven't really found one. We keep away from soy because he has a sensitivity to it. It causes him eczema and the ones at the store have soy protein in it. I guess I will have to make it to the health food store this week lol. I am really not too sure about the fat that she is missing...I will do some research! My favorite thing to do LOL! I love researching things. I have learned so much by researching allergies! It is great! Anyway, you take care and I will let you know what I find! Have a great day!

Alyssa

Alyssa, You had asked how we give our kids the calcium they are lacking from their dairy free diets....I give Josie rice milk which has more calcium than milk. I also give her daily vitamins with extra calcium. Anything I can get her with extra calcium, I do.My question is how do I give Josie the fat she is missing from her diet by not drinking whole milk. She's 15 months old and weighs 18 lbs 11 oz. (7th percentile) At her 12 month visit, she was 19 lbs 13 oz. In addition to her allergies to milk, egg, nuts & beef, she's also a picky eater!Any suggestions would be great!Take care all!Missy Oakdale, MN

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Missy!!!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

How are you? I am so glad that you found out it was the chocolate! Isn't it interesting that a food can do that! That is so funny that he said for the President to fill him up with chocolate! How cute! lol! We have been doing "tests" with . I gave him a chocolate Crinkle Cookie (homemade) and he seemed to get very hyper and run in circles. I then the next time gave him an Oatmeal Cookie (homemade) and he didn't seem so "Crazy". He doesn't turn from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde, but he does get extrememly hyper to the point he is out of control. So, I am going to test again and see what happens. I may have to make more Oatmeal cookies instead of the chocolate..they are less messy too! hehe. Anyway, I gotta run. Have a great day!

Alyssa

Re: Re: Food allergies and behavior problems

Re: chocolate. Starting at the age of 4 our darling angel, that never gotinto any trouble, all of a sudden began to be a demon. He would oftenseemingly go into a rage for no apparent reason. We never realized WHY would go into a rage. I had him to the pediatrician over it more than onceand got a referral to a pshychologist, but never had the heart to take him.I kept thinking "I don't want to lable him as a psycho, we have to findanother way to deal with this." Around age 6 w started to notice a hugecoincedence - it seemed to happen a lot after t-ball games. Strange? Iracked my brain trying to find out why a t-ball game would send him overedge. Ultimately I figured he had his melt downs because he was overlytired after being in 1st grade all day, then having to be up past hisbedtime, playing a game. Made sense to me. It was a few weeks later we hadhim tested because of his asthma had continued to worsen. The allergistsuggested we test for several food allergens, too. I'm glad she did. Amonga few others positive foods, chocolate popped up. It surprised me. I toldthe doctor that there was no way he could be allergic to chocolate becausehe ate it all the time with no reaction. "NO reaction?" She said "Are yousure?" I said .... well, he never gets hives or rashes or vomits or wheezesafter he eats chocolate. I don't notice any reaction. .... THEN she saidsomething that hit the nail on the head .... she said does he go form Dr.Jekyl in to Mr. Hyde? Does he have quick onset fits of rage? IT WAS LIKE ALIGHTBULB - or as Oprah says "an ah-ha moment". It hit me! That's why hewas so uncontrollable after t-ball games! After EVERY t-ball game, thecoach rewarded them with a chocolate bar and juice box! He would eat thewhole candy bar on the way home in the car and by the time we got home hewas totally out of control. He would scream, kick, hit, bite! He brokeboth windows in his bedroom (with his feet!) and one night and pulled themattress off the bed, all of the drawers out of the dresser and threw hisclothes all around, etc. It was BAAAAAD! Needless to say, after my "ah-hamoment" we avoided chocolate for the next several weeks and turned backinto the sweet little boy we remembered. It was amazing! After severalweeks of NO chocolate, I decided to "test" him. I let him eat a whole bagof M & Ms. Sure enough! Within 30 minutes he was an animal! Scary! I neverknew a food allergy could effect a child like that! Makes me wonder aboutsome kids on ritilyn or bi-polar medication .... could it just be somethingthey are eating? Now at age 12, he still avoids chocolate mostly. Everyonce in a blue moon, I'll let him have A bite of something chocolate(because he LOVES and misses it). NOrmally one bite won't effect him. Notlong ago (about a year ago) I allowed him to have 2 brownies (just to see ifit was still a problem) and he turned into the biggest smartass, mouthing,cursing at me, etc. Almost like a teenager on drugs type attitude. He'squite a comic .... just last night, with the war going on and all, he said"Mom, Pres. Bush needs to fill me with about 10 Hershey bars and let me atSadaam!" LOL! At least he has a sense of humor about it.Hope this helps those of you that wonder "why is my kid acting like this"You never know ....... it's worth looking into.Cinnamon, SAHM to: (12) - asthma (currently on Advair, Singulair & Zyrtec daily; monthlyallergy shots for numerous environmentals; also currently on Vantin to kicka nasty sinus infection/asthma flare); "Very low positive" to buckwheat,rye, rice, peanut, tomato and corn; "Low positive" to wheat, soybean, oatand barley; "Moderately positive" to carrot and chocolate; "Highly positive"to sesame seed; has outgrown milk and the jury is still out on cottonseedZac (9)- sulfa drug allergic, no foodsKacee (4) - NKA! :)Kenzie (4) - NKA! :)>>>>>>>You know, I read this email..and I thought ok..hmm..I will do a testwith my son. I gave him an Oatmeal cookie one time and he was a little hyperbut nothing major. Well, I made Chocolate Crinkle cookies and gave him oneand he was bouncing off the wall! I wonder if he reacts to the cocoa for thehyperness. I am doing another trial run on it. Unfortunatley, I won't keephim from the homemade chocolate cookies because it is one sweet that he canactually have..but at least I will know what to expect lol.Alyssa>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

How are you? I am so glad that you found out it was the chocolate! Isn't it interesting that a food can do that! That is so funny that he said for the President to fill him up with chocolate! How cute! lol! We have been doing "tests" with . I gave him a chocolate Crinkle Cookie (homemade) and he seemed to get very hyper and run in circles. I then the next time gave him an Oatmeal Cookie (homemade) and he didn't seem so "Crazy". He doesn't turn from Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde, but he does get extrememly hyper to the point he is out of control. So, I am going to test again and see what happens. I may have to make more Oatmeal cookies instead of the chocolate..they are less messy too! hehe. Anyway, I gotta run. Have a great day!

Alyssa

Re: chocolate. Starting at the age of 4 our darling angel, that never gotinto any trouble, all of a sudden began to be a demon. He would oftenseemingly go into a rage for no apparent reason. We never realized WHY would go into a rage. I had him to the pediatrician over it more than onceand got a referral to a pshychologist, but never had the heart to take him.I kept thinking "I don't want to lable him as a psycho, we have to findanother way to deal with this." Around age 6 w started to notice a hugecoincedence - it seemed to happen a lot after t-ball games. Strange? Iracked my brain trying to find out why a t-ball game would send him overedge. Ultimately I figured he had his melt downs because he was overlytired after being in 1st grade all day, then having to be up past hisbedtime, playing a game. Made sense to me. It was a few weeks later we hadhim tested because of his asthma had continued to worsen. The allergistsuggested we test for several food allergens, too. I'm glad she did. Amonga few others positive foods, chocolate popped up. It surprised me. I toldthe doctor that there was no way he could be allergic to chocolate becausehe ate it all the time with no reaction. "NO reaction?" She said "Are yousure?" I said .... well, he never gets hives or rashes or vomits or wheezesafter he eats chocolate. I don't notice any reaction. .... THEN she saidsomething that hit the nail on the head .... she said does he go form Dr.Jekyl in to Mr. Hyde? Does he have quick onset fits of rage? IT WAS LIKE ALIGHTBULB - or as Oprah says "an ah-ha moment". It hit me! That's why hewas so uncontrollable after t-ball games! After EVERY t-ball game, thecoach rewarded them with a chocolate bar and juice box! He would eat thewhole candy bar on the way home in the car and by the time we got home hewas totally out of control. He would scream, kick, hit, bite! He brokeboth windows in his bedroom (with his feet!) and one night and pulled themattress off the bed, all of the drawers out of the dresser and threw hisclothes all around, etc. It was BAAAAAD! Needless to say, after my "ah-hamoment" we avoided chocolate for the next several weeks and turned backinto the sweet little boy we remembered. It was amazing! After severalweeks of NO chocolate, I decided to "test" him. I let him eat a whole bagof M & Ms. Sure enough! Within 30 minutes he was an animal! Scary! I neverknew a food allergy could effect a child like that! Makes me wonder aboutsome kids on ritilyn or bi-polar medication .... could it just be somethingthey are eating? Now at age 12, he still avoids chocolate mostly. Everyonce in a blue moon, I'll let him have A bite of something chocolate(because he LOVES and misses it). NOrmally one bite won't effect him. Notlong ago (about a year ago) I allowed him to have 2 brownies (just to see ifit was still a problem) and he turned into the biggest smartass, mouthing,cursing at me, etc. Almost like a teenager on drugs type attitude. He'squite a comic .... just last night, with the war going on and all, he said"Mom, Pres. Bush needs to fill me with about 10 Hershey bars and let me atSadaam!" LOL! At least he has a sense of humor about it.Hope this helps those of you that wonder "why is my kid acting like this"You never know ....... it's worth looking into.Cinnamon, SAHM to: (12) - asthma (currently on Advair, Singulair & Zyrtec daily; monthlyallergy shots for numerous environmentals; also currently on Vantin to kicka nasty sinus infection/asthma flare); "Very low positive" to buckwheat,rye, rice, peanut, tomato and corn; "Low positive" to wheat, soybean, oatand barley; "Moderately positive" to carrot and chocolate; "Highly positive"to sesame seed; has outgrown milk and the jury is still out on cottonseedZac (9)- sulfa drug allergic, no foodsKacee (4) - NKA! :)Kenzie (4) - NKA! :)>>>>>>>You know, I read this email..and I thought ok..hmm..I will do a testwith my son. I gave him an Oatmeal cookie one time and he was a little hyperbut nothing major. Well, I made Chocolate Crinkle cookies and gave him oneand he was bouncing off the wall! I wonder if he reacts to the cocoa for thehyperness. I am doing another trial run on it. Unfortunatley, I won't keephim from the homemade chocolate cookies because it is one sweet that he canactually have..but at least I will know what to expect lol.Alyssa>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa

Guest guest

Hi Cinnamon!!!!

Alyssa