RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Information needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I find this amazing. As soon as I got my prescription for oxygen, I was given the concentrator for my in home use. I was given the liquid oxygen canister to fill my portable unit for when I leave the house.Windsor, Ontario CanadaDx 03/08 IPFSent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerryFrom: "JOYCE RUDY" Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:06:23 -0700To: <Breathe-Support >Subject: Re: Re: Information needed Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID OXYGEN hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking about). I don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid and some not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I have a long hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a portable tank I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid for one reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric bill. But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea. Joyce Rudy AZ Re: Information needed Hi Joyce, My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I use canisters when I have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way never go without a couple of extra tanks as they only last about 4 hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr. to write a prescription for this type of machine. Best Regards, ellen A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

I did not read the entire post, but...

when I see that the meter on the liquid O2 is running low, i call the O2 supplier, they usually schedule deliveries to this neighborhood on Monday and Thursday.

there is no automatic delivery day, it is my responsibility to let them know when I need a new supply

i used to call them about every 3 weeks, now with the increased lpm, i call them every 2 weeks

they said that it is possible to get an evergency delivery, but I haven't needed one

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life Listed 1/09

www.transplantfund.org---

Subject: Re: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 11:36 AM

Is it possible to get a "back-up" supply like an extra cannister or can you only get one at a time/ ? Could you get a back-up supply from a second supplier ?

Andy

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 3:02 AM

JoyceHow often do they deliver? Weekly? If you're running low during thattime they need to bring you a larger reservoir.Red is much like empty on your auto fuel gauge. When it first hits itmay still have some fuel. But its in danger and can soon run out.One thing to do on any of this equipment too, in addition to insistingthey explain it as much as you need, is to go online and find theoperating manual. The oxygen suppliers for some reason don't give yousuch, but they are all available online.> >> > I'm telling you Prescott AZ is a nightmare for people with ILD!> >> > This morning at 9:30 am I called Alliance which opens at 8 am andis> my oxygen supplier. I told them I was totally out of 02. The personwho> answered the phone said : We can get out to you early afternoon. Isaid> OK because I felt like there was nothing I could do but accept whathe> said. At around 1:30 PM my regular deliverer called and said he wasup> in Prescott (I am really between Prescott and Prescott Valley) and> really couldn't get to me until LATE AFTERNOON. Again I felt I hadno> say in this and accepted it. At 5:40 PM no one had come to delivermy> oxygen

and I called the emergency number where I left my name and> number. No one called back and after waiting 20 minutes I calledagain> and I was angry. Cory the relief man called me back fast but he said> there wasn't anything he could do now because he was in Crown Kingand I> asked where that was and he said outside Mayer. That is about 12miles> from me. He said he would get to me when he could. That did it Ilost> all cool! I yelled at him: Do you think my doctor wrote aprecription> for oxygen 24/7 because it was a whimsical feeling he had? This is> totally unacceptable! By God you will be here by 7 PM!!! I amreporting> you guys to the agency which regulates you! Well, at 7 PM he arivedand> I now have oxygen but I think even waiting for oxygen when you are> totally out from 9:30 am until early afternoon is inaccusable and> certainl it is

inaccusable to let me go without 02 until 7 PM andthen> only because I threatened them!> >> > The problem is I have searched and seached for an agency that> regulates them so I can make a complaint and I simply cannot findone. I> have been to government site and seached Google and Dog Pile andtried> every word and words and nothing. Certainly these people have some> regulatory agency? I mean they take prescriptions and take medicare!I> MUST file an action agaisnt them. If they are doing this to me theyare> doing it to others too!> >> > I tried the Better business Bureau but they will only takecomplaints> that can be resolved and it was resolved when they delivered theoxygen.> Also they won't take complaints against health services.> >> > Does anyone know what agency regulates these oxygen providers?

Andif> so how to reach them?> >> > Thanks. Joyce Rudy AZ> >>

Guest guest

Sher

what size cylinders do you use?

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 11:53 AM

Andy....I get what's called a "six-pack". 6 cylinders in one pkg. so I always have plenty. They are replaced when they get down to 3. Easy to pick up and go and a convenient place to store empties.

Most of the time I use one at a time....

For me here, only one supplier at a time.

MamaSher; 70, IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 3:02 AM

JoyceHow often do they deliver? Weekly? If you're running low during thattime they need to bring you a larger reservoir.Red is much like empty on your auto fuel gauge. When it first hits itmay still have some fuel. But its in danger and can soon run out.One thing to do on any of this equipment too, in addition to insistingthey explain it as much as you need, is to go online and find theoperating manual. The oxygen suppliers for some reason don't give yousuch, but they are all available online.> >> > I'm telling you Prescott AZ is a nightmare for people with ILD!> >> > This morning at 9:30 am I called Alliance which opens at 8 am andis> my oxygen supplier. I told them I was totally out of 02. The personwho> answered the phone said : We can get out to you early afternoon. Isaid> OK because I felt like there was nothing I could do but accept whathe> said. At around 1:30 PM my regular deliverer called and said he wasup> in Prescott (I am really between Prescott and Prescott Valley) and> really couldn't get to me until LATE AFTERNOON. Again I felt I hadno> say in this and accepted it. At 5:40 PM no one had come to delivermy> oxygen

and I called the emergency number where I left my name and> number. No one called back and after waiting 20 minutes I calledagain> and I was angry. Cory the relief man called me back fast but he said> there wasn't anything he could do now because he was in Crown Kingand I> asked where that was and he said outside Mayer. That is about 12miles> from me. He said he would get to me when he could. That did it Ilost> all cool! I yelled at him: Do you think my doctor wrote aprecription> for oxygen 24/7 because it was a whimsical feeling he had? This is> totally unacceptable! By God you will be here by 7 PM!!! I amreporting> you guys to the agency which regulates you! Well, at 7 PM he arivedand> I now have oxygen but I think even waiting for oxygen when you are> totally out from 9:30 am until early afternoon is inaccusable and> certainl it is

inaccusable to let me go without 02 until 7 PM andthen> only because I threatened them!> >> > The problem is I have searched and seached for an agency that> regulates them so I can make a complaint and I simply cannot findone. I> have been to government site and seached Google and Dog Pile andtried> every word and words and nothing. Certainly these people have some> regulatory agency? I mean they take prescriptions and take medicare!I> MUST file an action agaisnt them. If they are doing this to me theyare> doing it to others too!> >> > I tried the Better business Bureau but they will only takecomplaints> that can be resolved and it was resolved when they delivered theoxygen.> Also they won't take complaints against health services.> >> > Does anyone know what agency regulates these oxygen providers?

Andif> so how to reach them?> >> > Thanks. Joyce Rudy AZ> >>

Guest guest

Peggy

glad to see your post

hope you are feeling better

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 12:49 PM

Hi All, I just have to jump in and say it does not matter who your supplier is they MUST supply you with enough 02 for your life style.

Your Prescription is so you can breathe 24/7 not just when they think you should. When we went to Orlando I had a concentrator and 24 E tanks delivered. They called and ask if they got the order right that I required 24 tanks I said yes and they were there when we arrived. I used 22 of them. Sometimes you just have to dance on some ones desk to get what you need but your Dr's script is your best tool. If he ordered it you get it. I have 24 E's here at home just to go out with or as back up if the power goes out.

I guess you could ask "what hours of the day do you think would be best for me to breathe ?? " AAAAAAUUUUUURRRRRGGGGGGG

I just can't stand thinking one of us needs 02 and must argue to get it. AIN'T RIGHT..

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

Bruce and Joyce...

Thanks for the info. No reason to run out if one can get a back-up. LIke my propane tank for the grill. A small investment .

Andy

@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: andrew mcdonald <agmcdsr (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 11:36 AM

Is it possible to get a "back-up" supply like an extra cannister or can you only get one at a time/ ? Could you get a back-up supply from a second supplier ?

Andy

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 3:02 AM

JoyceHow often do they deliver? Weekly? If you're running low during thattime they need to bring you a larger reservoir.Red is much like empty on your auto fuel gauge. When it first hits itmay still have some fuel. But its in danger and can soon run out.One thing to do on any of this equipment too, in addition to insistingthey explain it as much as you need, is to go online and find theoperating manual. The oxygen suppliers for some reason don't give yousuch, but they are all available online.> >> > I'm telling you Prescott AZ is a nightmare for people with ILD!> >> > This morning at 9:30 am I called Alliance which opens at 8 am andis> my oxygen supplier. I told them I was totally out of 02. The personwho> answered the phone said : We can get out to you early afternoon. Isaid>

OK because I felt like there was nothing I could do but accept whathe> said. At around 1:30 PM my regular deliverer called and said he wasup> in Prescott (I am really between Prescott and Prescott Valley) and> really couldn't get to me until LATE AFTERNOON. Again I felt I hadno> say in this and accepted it. At 5:40 PM no one had come to delivermy> oxygen and I called the emergency number where I left my name and> number. No one called back and after waiting 20 minutes I calledagain> and I was angry. Cory the relief man called me back fast but he said> there wasn't anything he could do now because he was in Crown Kingand I> asked where that was and he said outside Mayer. That is about 12miles> from me. He said he would get to me when he could. That did it Ilost> all cool! I yelled at him: Do you think my doctor wrote aprecription> for oxygen 24/7 because it was a whimsical feeling he had? This is> totally unacceptable! By God you will be here by 7 PM!!! I amreporting> you guys to the agency which regulates you! Well, at 7 PM he arivedand> I

now have oxygen but I think even waiting for oxygen when you are> totally out from 9:30 am until early afternoon is inaccusable and> certainl it is inaccusable to let me go without 02 until 7 PM andthen> only because I threatened them!> >> > The problem is I have searched and seached for an agency that> regulates them so I can make a complaint and I simply cannot findone. I> have been to government site and seached Google and Dog Pile andtried> every word and words and nothing. Certainly these people have some> regulatory agency? I mean they

take prescriptions and take medicare!I> MUST file an action agaisnt them. If they are doing this to me theyare> doing it to others too!> >> > I tried the Better business Bureau but they will only takecomplaints> that can be resolved and it was resolved when they delivered theoxygen.> Also they won't take complaints against health services.> >> > Does anyone know what agency regulates these oxygen providers? Andif> so how to reach them?>

>> > Thanks. Joyce Rudy AZ> >>

Guest guest

Ellen

glad you jumped in

i call the machine in the house a concentrator, it concentrates the O2 from the room air

someone else can explain it better than i can, if you are interested

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 5:44 PM

Hi Joyce,

My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I use canisters when I have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way never go without a couple of extra tanks as they only last about 4 hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr. to write a prescription for this type of machine.

Best Regards,

ellen

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

Rudy Joyce

i have both a concentrator and liquid

the concentrator uses electricty, but there is a formula for deducting it from your income tax

i use a 50 foot tube with it, so i can walk all over the house

i also have liquid O2 and a Marathon for when I go out

i need to buy the metal canisters if i need back up for when i go out for a long time

medicare will not pay for both liquid and metal

[does anyone have documentation that they will pay for both?

with baseball season starting, i like to bring metal canisters to the game for back up]

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 6:06 PM

Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID OXYGEN hence I do not have a concentrator( what you are talking about). I don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid and some not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I have a long hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a portable tank I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid for one reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric bill. But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea. Joyce Rudy AZ

Hi Joyce,

My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I use canisters when I have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way never go without a couple of extra tanks as they only last about 4 hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr. to write a prescription for this type of machine.

Best Regards,

ellen

Guest guest

ellen

what are you bringing to the fantasy picnic?

Donate Life Listed 1/09

Subject: Re: Re: Information neededTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 6:08 PM

That's ok Ellen! Always jump in! It is no problem to explain things again! LOL I want to encourage you to jump in and join the conversations! The more the merrier! Joyce Rudy AZ

Ooops, guess I should have read more of this conversation. ......didn' t realize you had a 250 LB canister of Liquid oxygen.....this is why I don't jump in on these, I generally read and try to learn......sorry. ...ellen

Guest guest

Pink

My delivery is every Thursday. They supply reservoirs based on what will

cover a week. As the oxygen need increases, they increase the size or

number of reservoirs. But I am on liquid both stationary and portable.

Were I to see that my supply wasn't going to last me, I would definitely

notify them. They normally deliver liquid to my area either Thursday or

Friday but for urgent need they certainly would anytime.

> > >

> > > I'm telling you Prescott AZ is a nightmare for people with ILD!

> > >

> > > This morning at 9:30 am I called Alliance which opens at 8 am and

> is

> > my oxygen supplier. I told them I was totally out of 02. The person

> who

> > answered the phone said : We can get out to you early afternoon. I

> said

> > OK because I felt like there was nothing I could do but accept what

> he

> > said. At around 1:30 PM my regular deliverer called and said he was

> up

> > in Prescott (I am really between Prescott and Prescott Valley) and

> > really couldn't get to me until LATE AFTERNOON. Again I felt I had

> no

> > say in this and accepted it. At 5:40 PM no one had come to deliver

> my

> > oxygen and I called the emergency number where I left my name and

> > number. No one called back and after waiting 20 minutes I called

> again

> > and I was angry. Cory the relief man called me back fast but he said

> > there wasn't anything he could do now because he was in Crown King

> and I

> > asked where that was and he said outside Mayer. That is about 12

> miles

> > from me. He said he would get to me when he could. That did it I

> lost

> > all cool! I yelled at him: Do you think my doctor wrote a

> precription

> > for oxygen 24/7 because it was a whimsical feeling he had? This is

> > totally unacceptable! By God you will be here by 7 PM!!! I am

> reporting

> > you guys to the agency which regulates you! Well, at 7 PM he arived

> and

> > I now have oxygen but I think even waiting for oxygen when you are

> > totally out from 9:30 am until early afternoon is inaccusable and

> > certainl it is inaccusable to let me go without 02 until 7 PM and

> then

> > only because I threatened them!

> > >

> > > The problem is I have searched and seached for an agency that

> > regulates them so I can make a complaint and I simply cannot find

> one. I

> > have been to government site and seached Google and Dog Pile and

> tried

> > every word and words and nothing. Certainly these people have some

> > regulatory agency? I mean they take prescriptions and take medicare!

> I

> > MUST file an action agaisnt them. If they are doing this to me they

> are

> > doing it to others too!

> > >

> > > I tried the Better business Bureau but they will only take

> complaints

> > that can be resolved and it was resolved when they delivered the

> oxygen.

> > Also they won't take complaints against health services.

> > >

> > > Does anyone know what agency regulates these oxygen providers? And

> if

> > so how to reach them?

> > >

> > > Thanks. Joyce Rudy AZ

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Pink

I'm bringing the waitress we just had at Chili's. She was incredible.

>

> From: JOYCE RUDY greycharlie@...

> Subject: Re: Re: Information needed

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 6:08 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> That's ok Ellen! Always jump in! It is no problem to explain things

again! LOL I want to encourage you to jump in and join the

conversations! The more the merrier! Joyce Rudy AZ

>

> Re: Information needed

>

>

>

> Ooops, guess I should have read more of this conversation. ......didn'

t realize you had a 250 LB canister of Liquid oxygen.....this is why I

don't jump in on these, I generally read and try to learn......sorry.

....ellen

>

>

> A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

>

Guest guest

Pink

Medicare does not indicate what specific equipment or combinations they

will pay for, but simply pays a fixed amount for your service.

Generally, suppliers would balk at providing too many different kinds,

but a customer service oriented supplier would accomodate something for

backup. They are responsible for covering your needs and you not running

out. Does Medicare pay for metal and liquid? No. Does Medicare not pay

for metal and liquid? No. See, medicare pays for your needs to be taken

care of. My supplier provides me a reservoir for my van and doesn't get

paid one cent more than if they didn't. They do so because it's what is

needed to meet my needs. Medicare pays for stationary and portable, but

does not specify how that gets done.

>

> From: JOYCE RUDY greycharlie@...

> Subject: Re: Re: Information needed

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 6:06 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID OXYGEN

hence I do not have a concentrator( what you are talking about). I don't

understand why some people are prescribed the liquid and some not. I

have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I have a long hose I

use in the house. When I want to go out I have a portable tank I fill

directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid for one reason is it

doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric bill. But, as to why

some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea. Joyce Rudy AZ

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

> My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if you

are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I had to go

on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to my home. I

don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would run out of

oxy is if the electricity went off. I use canisters when I have to go

to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way never go without a couple of extra

tanks as they only last about 4 hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be

a good idea for your Dr. to write a prescription for this type of

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

>

>

Guest guest

Joyce Rudy, I also have the same

O2 system. I did not get a choice...it's what was ordered from the

"pulmodude".

I think that the liquid O2 is more easily handled for outside activity.

It's far easier than lugging around the big green tanks.

So far I need only the smaller Helios Plus unit( I use 3-3.5 lpm) that

goes to 4 lpm on pulse only.( I do have two of them)

they each last me about 4+ hours..eventually I may need to go to the

larger and heavier portable

....I think it's the Marathon and it goes to a much higher lpm and has

the option of continuous and/or pulse.

The Helios lets me go where I want to go within its limits and if

we're going away we get as small liquid(week-ender) tank

that sits on the back seat of the car and gets seat belted in. It has

enough capacity for 3+ days. We haven't

needed to get it refilled while away but my provider said that they

would give me the names of their network of

suppliers in the vacation areas and would fax the script wherever it

needed to go.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65, fibriotic NSIP/05/PA

And

“mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No,

NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

JOYCE RUDY wrote:

Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID

OXYGEN hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking

about). I don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid

and some not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I

have a long hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a

portable tank I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid

for one reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric

bill. But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea.

Joyce Rudy AZ

-----

Original Message -----

polenellen (AT) aol (DOT) com

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:44 PM

Subject:

Hi Joyce,

My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious,

if you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I

had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to

my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would

run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I use canisters when I

have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way never go without a

couple of extra tanks as they only last about 4 hours if your lucky.

Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr. to write a prescription for

this type of machine.

Best Regards,

ellen

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See

yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

, Interestingly...my

insurance( Blue Cross  at the time) would only cover one form of O2

delivery system!

So it was the liquid that was selected because it gave me more mobility

with less confusion.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

And

No,

Potter,

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion”  Bob Marley

Vinca

oppm00@... wrote:

I find this amazing. As soon as I got my prescription for oxygen,

I was given the concentrator for my in home use. I was given the liquid

oxygen canister to fill my portable unit for when I leave the house.

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Dx 03/08 IPF

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

"JOYCE RUDY"

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:06:23 -0700

To: <Breathe-Support >

Subject: Re: Re: Information needed

Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID

OXYGEN hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking

about). I don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid

and some not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I

have a long hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a

portable tank I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid

for one reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric

bill. But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea.

Joyce Rudy AZ

-----

Original Message -----

polenellen (AT) aol (DOT) com

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:44 PM

Subject:

Hi Joyce,

My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious,

if you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I

had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to

my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would

run out of oxy is if the electricity went off.  I use canisters when I

have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way never go without a

couple of extra tanks as they only last about 4 hours if your lucky. 

Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr. to write a prescription for

this type of machine.

Best Regards,

ellen

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See

yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

/

Just make sure you choose what is best for you. The oxygen supplier may

choose what is cheapest for them if given the chance. I even have my

doctor specify on the prescription form.

> >

> > I find this amazing. As soon as I got my prescription for oxygen, I

> > was given the concentrator for my in home use. I was given the

liquid

> > oxygen canister to fill my portable unit for when I leave the house.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Windsor, Ontario Canada

> > Dx 03/08 IPF

> >

> > Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

> >

> >

------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > *From*: " JOYCE RUDY "

> > *Date*: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:06:23 -0700

> > *To*: Breathe-Support

> > *Subject*: Re: Re: Information needed

> >

> > Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID

OXYGEN

> > hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking about). I

> > don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid and some

> > not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I have a

long

> > hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a portable

tank

> > I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid for one

> > reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric bill.

> > But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea.

Joyce

> > Rudy AZ

> >

> > * Re: Information needed

> >

> > Hi Joyce,

> >

> > My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if

> > you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When

I

> > had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs

24/7

> > to my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only

> > time I would run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I

use

> > canisters when I have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way

> > never go without a couple of extra tanks as they only last about

> > hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr.

> > to write a prescription for this type of machine.

> >

> > Best Regards,

> > ellen

> >

> >

------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > *A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy

> > steps!

> >

http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421323x1201417385/aol?redir\

=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%2\

6hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62>*

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce, So far the liquid O2 is the

winner...I'm mobile as I want..inside and out..have tubing all over

the place...two big reservoirs...one in the front hall with 50 ft of

tubing and one in the back guest room with 50 ft of tubing.

I have not run out of O2 except one time when one of them sprung a leak

and they came with

enough E tanks to get me through the weekend until they could replace

the leaker!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

And

No,

Potter,

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Bruce Moreland wrote:

/

Just make sure you choose what is best for you. The oxygen supplier may

choose what is cheapest for them if given the chance. I even have my

doctor specify on the prescription form.

> >

> > I find this amazing. As soon as I got my prescription for

oxygen, I

> > was given the concentrator for my in home use. I was given the

liquid

> > oxygen canister to fill my portable unit for when I leave the

house.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Windsor, Ontario Canada

> > Dx 03/08 IPF

> >

> > Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

> >

> >

----------------------------------------------------------

> > *From*: "JOYCE RUDY"

> > *Date*: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:06:23 -0700

> > *To*: Breathe-Support

> > *Subject*: Re: Re: Information needed

> >

> > Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID

OXYGEN

> > hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking

about). I

> > don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid

and some

> > not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I

have a

long

> > hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a

portable

tank

> > I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid for

one

> > reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric

bill.

> > But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no

idea.

Joyce

> > Rudy AZ

> >

> > * Re: Information needed

> >

> > Hi Joyce,

> >

> > My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious,

if

> > you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters?

When

I

> > had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs

24/7

> > to my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only

> > time I would run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I

use

> > canisters when I have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard

way

> > never go without a couple of extra tanks as they only last

about

> > hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be a good idea for your

Dr.

> > to write a prescription for this type of machine.

> >

> > Best Regards,

> > ellen

> >

> >

----------------------------------------------------------

> > *A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy

> > steps!

> >

<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421323x1201417385/aol?redir\

6hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62>*

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm a liquid fan too. Gwynne was my mentor.

One word of advice I'd give all too is to get to know the manager of

your oxygen supplier. A face to face trip to their office is more than

worth it. Ultimately, the manager is the one you need to accomodate your

needs. Tell them your situation, your lifestyle, what you require. Ask

about special needs you might have such as travel.

I was out of my house today (and this isn't unusual) from 7 AM until 5

PM (yes I typed but that was from 's). I had to refill my portable

twice. That's why I require a portable reservoir. is able to spend

the time she wants out through having two portables. I've known people

with three. Peggy has something approaching 1000 (ok slight exaggeration

but it does top 30 I believe) E tanks. Design your oxygen setup to fit

your lifestyle. Do not change your lifestyle to accommodate an

inadequate oxygen setup.

> > > >

> > > > I find this amazing. As soon as I got my prescription for

oxygen, I

> > > > was given the concentrator for my in home use. I was given the

> > liquid

> > > > oxygen canister to fill my portable unit for when I leave the

house.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Windsor, Ontario Canada

> > > > Dx 03/08 IPF

> > > >

> > > > Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

> > > >

> > > >

> > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > > > *From*: " JOYCE RUDY "

> > > > *Date*: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:06:23 -0700

> > > > *To*: Breathe-Support

> >

> > > > *Subject*: Re: Re: Information needed

> > > >

> > > > Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID

> > OXYGEN

> > > > hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking about).

I

> > > > don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid and

some

> > > > not. I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I have

a

> > long

> > > > hose I use in the house. When I want to go out I have a portable

> > tank

> > > > I fill directly from the tank. I really do prefer liquid for one

> > > > reason is it doesn't use electricity and drive up my electric

bill.

> > > > But, as to why some get liquid and others don'e I have no idea.

> > Joyce

> > > > Rudy AZ

> > > >

> > > > * Re: Information needed

> > > >

> > > > Hi Joyce,

> > > >

> > > > My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if

> > > > you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When

> > I

> > > > had to go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs

> > 24/7

> > > > to my home. I don't know the correct name to it but the only

> > > > time I would run out of oxy is if the electricity went off. I

> > use

> > > > canisters when I have to go to the Dr. etc. Learned the hard way

> > > > never go without a couple of extra tanks as they only last about

> > 4

> > > > hours if your lucky. Maybe it would be a good idea for your Dr.

> > > > to write a prescription for this type of machine.

> > > >

> > > > Best Regards,

> > > > ellen

> > > >

> > > >

> > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > > > *A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy

> > > > steps!

> > > >

> >

\

> >

\

> > 6hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62

> >

6hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62>>*

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi LInda- I never heard of having a tank of liquid in your car? How can this be done? How do you pick it up? I may have to go back to National Jewish and I really don't want to because of the oxygen problem. Alliance said they cannot supply oxygen to me in the room I would be staying in and that means I would be without oxygen for as long as I need to be thre accept when I am in the hospital. The manager did say he would give me a tank of compressed oxygen if I wished to drive that would last me 48 hours and it is a 10 hour drive to Denver from here so I would have enough to go and come. National Jewish will give me air if I need it while I am in the facility but when I go home I won't have any. I asked him why and he said Medicare won't do it any more. The beginning of the year and for the last couple of years they have made it more and more difficult for traveling. They won't pay for oxygen at another site other then the home. He was sure convincing so maybe he is being truthful. I don't know though. I hated flying with the aircept and won't do it any more. I will drive to Denver if I have to go back for surgery. Joyce Rudy AZ

Hi Joyce,

Best Regards,

ellen

Guest guest

Hi LInda- I never heard of having a tank of liquid in your car? How can this be done? How do you pick it up? I may have to go back to National Jewish and I really don't want to because of the oxygen problem. Alliance said they cannot supply oxygen to me in the room I would be staying in and that means I would be without oxygen for as long as I need to be thre accept when I am in the hospital. The manager did say he would give me a tank of compressed oxygen if I wished to drive that would last me 48 hours and it is a 10 hour drive to Denver from here so I would have enough to go and come. National Jewish will give me air if I need it while I am in the facility but when I go home I won't have any. I asked him why and he said Medicare won't do it any more. The beginning of the year and for the last couple of years they have made it more and more difficult for traveling. They won't pay for oxygen at another site other then the home. He was sure convincing so maybe he is being truthful. I don't know though. I hated flying with the aircept and won't do it any more. I will drive to Denver if I have to go back for surgery. Joyce Rudy AZ

Hi Joyce,

Best Regards,

ellen

Guest guest

Joyce

They can put either a 25 lb or 50 lb reservoir in your car seat. You

just put the seat belt around it and its held in place. In all, I spent

over 30 days last year on the road and that is how I did it. I made one

17 day trip and got it refilled along the way. I never had any problems

getting someone at a hotel to lift it out and take it to my room or

getting someone to return it to the car. In fact, some of those

assisting me seemed to get a lot of pleasure out of assisting. I met

some wonderful people just from that and walking with them to the room

and back.

If Alliance can't supply you in the room, then they should refer you to

someone who can, even if you have to pay for a couple of days. Basically

if you have your prescription you can get someone to supply oxygen. My

previous provider was not national and so I had to pay for refills on

the road. My current provider is national.

>

> Hi Ellen, Glad you jumped in. I have a prescription for LIQUID

OXYGEN hence I do not have a concentrator(what you are talking about). I

don't understand why some people are prescribed the liquid and some not.

I have a tank and it doesn't plug into anything and I have a long hose I

>

>

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

> My first time at jumping in on a conversation. I am curious, if

you are on 24/7 oxygen why are you only getting canisters? When I had to

go on 24/7 oxy my supplier brought a machine that runs 24/7 to my home.

I don't know the correct name to it but the only time I would run out of

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

>

>

------------------------------------------------------------------------\

--

> A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy

steps!http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221421323x1201417385/aol\

?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D66\

8072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62>

>

Guest guest

Joyce

They can put either a 25 lb or 50 lb reservoir in your car seat. You

just put the seat belt around it and its held in place. In all, I spent

over 30 days last year on the road and that is how I did it. I made one

17 day trip and got it refilled along the way. I never had any problems

getting someone at a hotel to lift it out and take it to my room or

getting someone to return it to the car. In fact, some of those

assisting me seemed to get a lot of pleasure out of assisting. I met

some wonderful people just from that and walking with them to the room

and back.

If Alliance can't supply you in the room, then they should refer you to

someone who can, even if you have to pay for a couple of days. Basically

if you have your prescription you can get someone to supply oxygen. My

previous provider was not national and so I had to pay for refills on

the road. My current provider is national.

>

>

>

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

>

>

--

>

Guest guest

Joyce

Something else he could do in addition to the compressed tanks is to

loan you a concentrator for the trip. You could then use it in the

hotel.

>

>

>

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

>

>

--

>

Guest guest

Joyce

Something else he could do in addition to the compressed tanks is to

loan you a concentrator for the trip. You could then use it in the

hotel.

>

>

>

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

>

>

--

>

Guest guest

Joyce,

Bruce already gave you good information about the smaller liquid tank for your car. If your current supplier has the ability to do that for you that is probably your best bet for a trip to Denver. They can also loan you a regular concentrator for you to use in a hotel room.

The only point I wanted to clarify for you was the way Medicare pays for your oxygen. Medicare pays your supplier a flat fee to supply your oxygen needs. No matter how much you need or what type they supply you with they get the same flat amount. It's in the area of around $200 per month. This gives them an incentive to supply you with whatever costs them the least. If you are working with a local or regional supplier, you either have to travel with enough equipment to meet your needs or be prepared to pay a supplier in your destination city to supply you with what you need. This is because Medicare won't pay more than one supplier per patient.

Now if you work with one of the national companies like Apria or Lincare, they will usually be able to provide you with what you need almost anywhere you can travel in the US and because the billing doesn't change it's all covered under the flat fee that Medicare pays to the company. Your supplier was not really being honest when he blamed Medicare. Saying "I asked him why and he said Medicare won't do it any more. The beginning of the year and for the last couple of years they have made it more and more difficult for traveling." That's just frankly not true.

It's a matter of who your supplier is, do they have a branch in the city you're traveling to. If they do, the billing doesn't change and they can supply you in your destination city. If they don't then you will have to travel with your own supply or be prepared to pay for your needs at your destination.

I hope that makes sense. Feel free to email me on or off the board if you need this clarified. You can also go to www.medicare.gov and read about all this stuff. Be warned though sometimes it puts me to sleep. LOL

Beth

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:19:58 PMSubject: Re: Re: Information needed

Hi LInda- I never heard of having a tank of liquid in your car? How can this be done? How do you pick it up? I may have to go back to National Jewish and I really don't want to because of the oxygen problem. Alliance said they cannot supply oxygen to me in the room I would be staying in and that means I would be without oxygen for as long as I need to be thre accept when I am in the hospital. The manager did say he would give me a tank of compressed oxygen if I wished to drive that would last me 48 hours and it is a 10 hour drive to Denver from here so I would have enough to go and come. National Jewish will give me air if I need it while I am in the facility but when I go home I won't have any. I asked him why and he said Medicare won't do it any more. The beginning of the year and for the last couple of years they have made it more and more difficult for traveling. They won't pay for oxygen at another site other then the home. He was sure

convincing so maybe he is being truthful. I don't know though. I hated flying with the aircept and won't do it any more. I will drive to Denver if I have to go back for surgery. Joyce Rudy AZ

Hi Joyce,

Best Regards,

ellen

Guest guest

Joyce,

Bruce already gave you good information about the smaller liquid tank for your car. If your current supplier has the ability to do that for you that is probably your best bet for a trip to Denver. They can also loan you a regular concentrator for you to use in a hotel room.

The only point I wanted to clarify for you was the way Medicare pays for your oxygen. Medicare pays your supplier a flat fee to supply your oxygen needs. No matter how much you need or what type they supply you with they get the same flat amount. It's in the area of around $200 per month. This gives them an incentive to supply you with whatever costs them the least. If you are working with a local or regional supplier, you either have to travel with enough equipment to meet your needs or be prepared to pay a supplier in your destination city to supply you with what you need. This is because Medicare won't pay more than one supplier per patient.

Now if you work with one of the national companies like Apria or Lincare, they will usually be able to provide you with what you need almost anywhere you can travel in the US and because the billing doesn't change it's all covered under the flat fee that Medicare pays to the company. Your supplier was not really being honest when he blamed Medicare. Saying "I asked him why and he said Medicare won't do it any more. The beginning of the year and for the last couple of years they have made it more and more difficult for traveling." That's just frankly not true.

It's a matter of who your supplier is, do they have a branch in the city you're traveling to. If they do, the billing doesn't change and they can supply you in your destination city. If they don't then you will have to travel with your own supply or be prepared to pay for your needs at your destination.

I hope that makes sense. Feel free to email me on or off the board if you need this clarified. You can also go to www.medicare.gov and read about all this stuff. Be warned though sometimes it puts me to sleep. LOL

Beth

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:19:58 PMSubject: Re: Re: Information needed

Hi LInda- I never heard of having a tank of liquid in your car? How can this be done? How do you pick it up? I may have to go back to National Jewish and I really don't want to because of the oxygen problem. Alliance said they cannot supply oxygen to me in the room I would be staying in and that means I would be without oxygen for as long as I need to be thre accept when I am in the hospital. The manager did say he would give me a tank of compressed oxygen if I wished to drive that would last me 48 hours and it is a 10 hour drive to Denver from here so I would have enough to go and come. National Jewish will give me air if I need it while I am in the facility but when I go home I won't have any. I asked him why and he said Medicare won't do it any more. The beginning of the year and for the last couple of years they have made it more and more difficult for traveling. They won't pay for oxygen at another site other then the home. He was sure

convincing so maybe he is being truthful. I don't know though. I hated flying with the aircept and won't do it any more. I will drive to Denver if I have to go back for surgery. Joyce Rudy AZ

Hi Joyce,

Best Regards,

ellen

Guest guest

MB/Joyce

Here are a couple of translations:

When an oxygen supplier says " Medicare won't pay for that " they're

really saying " we don't want to give you that. "

When an oxygen supplier says " liquid oxygen is only for portable use "

they are really saying " we don't want to have to fill you up often. "

When an oxygen supplier says " we can't help you on that " they are really

saying " we don't care enough to work on figuring out a solution. "

Now, I do believe what medicare and insurance companies are paying is

too little now. But thats not a valid excuse for a supplier to give you

song and dance. When oxygen suppliers don't help you with a solution

what they are saying is " we aren't really medical providers but we're

just equipment delivery people. " Well, they are usurping their

responsibility as they are suppose to be part of the medical community

just as much as doctors or hospitals or anyone else in the field.

Unfortunately what they are saying with much of the misinformation they

give is " we think the patient is too stupid to research and find out the

truth and they'll buy our story. "

There are excellent providers out there. Everyone needs to insist their

provider meet their needs and standards. Talk as Joyce did a couple of

days ago to the manager. While some drivers and customer service reps

are knowledgeable many aren't. I had a driver tell me they only made 7

foot cannulas for Helios when I'd had 4 foot from the same company every

week before. I've had them say that 50 feet is the longest hose made

when all that means is that its the longest we have. Also, you may have

to educate them as to the nature of your disease and as to what you

intend to do lifestyle wise. They aren't use to PF'ers. I told them in

advance that I wasn't their typical stay at home customer. They have

customers who get by on three portable canisters or one larger one on a

cart and don't need replacements but every ten days or two weeks. I have

probably filled my Helios Marathon 17 times or so in the past week as

every day I've filled at least twice and some days three times.

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

> ________________________________

>

Guest guest

MB/Joyce

Here are a couple of translations:

When an oxygen supplier says " Medicare won't pay for that " they're

really saying " we don't want to give you that. "

When an oxygen supplier says " liquid oxygen is only for portable use "

they are really saying " we don't want to have to fill you up often. "

When an oxygen supplier says " we can't help you on that " they are really

saying " we don't care enough to work on figuring out a solution. "

Now, I do believe what medicare and insurance companies are paying is

too little now. But thats not a valid excuse for a supplier to give you

song and dance. When oxygen suppliers don't help you with a solution

what they are saying is " we aren't really medical providers but we're

just equipment delivery people. " Well, they are usurping their

responsibility as they are suppose to be part of the medical community

just as much as doctors or hospitals or anyone else in the field.

Unfortunately what they are saying with much of the misinformation they

give is " we think the patient is too stupid to research and find out the

truth and they'll buy our story. "

There are excellent providers out there. Everyone needs to insist their

provider meet their needs and standards. Talk as Joyce did a couple of

days ago to the manager. While some drivers and customer service reps

are knowledgeable many aren't. I had a driver tell me they only made 7

foot cannulas for Helios when I'd had 4 foot from the same company every

week before. I've had them say that 50 feet is the longest hose made

when all that means is that its the longest we have. Also, you may have

to educate them as to the nature of your disease and as to what you

intend to do lifestyle wise. They aren't use to PF'ers. I told them in

advance that I wasn't their typical stay at home customer. They have

customers who get by on three portable canisters or one larger one on a

cart and don't need replacements but every ten days or two weeks. I have

probably filled my Helios Marathon 17 times or so in the past week as

every day I've filled at least twice and some days three times.

>

> Hi Joyce,

>

machine.

>

> Best Regards,

> ellen

>

> ________________________________

>