RemedySpot.com

Re: Pictures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I do not know who the picture of "me" is. I am sorry you are not happy with the pictures. It took me a very very long time to get them done. If you are in the site looking at a picture, there is a place where you click "FULL SIZE" this allows you to see the pictures full sized. As I said before, there were so many of them I made them smaller to save space on the site. I apologize and am sorry that you are having trouble finding the "FULL SIZE" option, but it is there just keep looking and you will find it, it is there when you are viewing each picture individually. I really can't go back in and resize them right now, I am so busy packing and getting things ready to put on the ship to Kuwait and getting things ready for the kids to move into the apt. If I get time when I am done with all of this I will try to redo it for you. I have remailed the pictures back to you but still have them on my computer. Or if some night I cant sleep in the wee hours I will try to redo them for you. I am nto a computer whiz and not so good at these things, and really felt it best to try to save the space on our web site since all we have to do is click "FULL SIZE" to see the pictures at the regular size. But it takes me a long time to play with pictures adjusting them and sorting things like this out, should be an easy thing I am sure, but it isnt for me. So changing them now will have to wait until I have all my packing and personal things done. I do apologize that you are not satisfied.

You should have sent the recent pictures with those you sent the first time. Why didn't you?

Take care,

Kim

NS Moderator

Guest guest

I do not know who the picture of "me" is. I am sorry you are not happy with the pictures. It took me a very very long time to get them done. If you are in the site looking at a picture, there is a place where you click "FULL SIZE" this allows you to see the pictures full sized. As I said before, there were so many of them I made them smaller to save space on the site. I apologize and am sorry that you are having trouble finding the "FULL SIZE" option, but it is there just keep looking and you will find it, it is there when you are viewing each picture individually. I really can't go back in and resize them right now, I am so busy packing and getting things ready to put on the ship to Kuwait and getting things ready for the kids to move into the apt. If I get time when I am done with all of this I will try to redo it for you. I have remailed the pictures back to you but still have them on my computer. Or if some night I cant sleep in the wee hours I will try to redo them for you. I am nto a computer whiz and not so good at these things, and really felt it best to try to save the space on our web site since all we have to do is click "FULL SIZE" to see the pictures at the regular size. But it takes me a long time to play with pictures adjusting them and sorting things like this out, should be an easy thing I am sure, but it isnt for me. So changing them now will have to wait until I have all my packing and personal things done. I do apologize that you are not satisfied.

You should have sent the recent pictures with those you sent the first time. Why didn't you?

Take care,

Kim

NS Moderator

Guest guest

Kim,

I looked in the photos' today and I seen this one is "me". Who is this person? Also you said in an e-mail to click on enlargement and there's no such thing with these computers in the library. I went back to the pictures and double checked about these pictures and I was able to enlarge the pictures by clicking on each picture in themselves to view a indiviual picture. However, I think all my pictures are still small to view except the one of Kathy, Reba, and my-

self. Maybe this is because the picture this in itself was larger than the rest of them to start with. Is it anyway to enlarge those other pictures of mine at your end there so people can get a better view of them? The two dog pictures of our dog "Sparky" would make everyone laugh if these could be enlarged. These can be filed away with such as "Tired" and "Toilet bowl cleaning with a cat" (or was this with a dog?).

(1) Would you and the rest of the group be interested in a everyday appearance picture of Kathy, Reba, and myself or just of myself? (2) Would you and the rest of the group be interested in a "dress up" appearance picture of Kathy, Reba, and myself or just myself?

I would like to eventually have that old picture of Kathy, Reba (when she was a baby), and myself and a current one on file. I'am not the so "clean cut image" in that picture of the three of us anymore. What ya expect? I was in the U.S.A.F. at the time when that picture was taken at a photography studio back in the summer of 1978. Now at times I look like a "train wreck"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeuroSarcoid66@... wrote:

I have added my dreaded prednisone picture to the photo page and a picture of my husband and I to my family pictures, I was trying to find one of him without the Kuwaiti garb but couldnt. Decided to go ahead with the one I posted.

Take care,

Kim__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Kim,

I looked in the photos' today and I seen this one is "me". Who is this person? Also you said in an e-mail to click on enlargement and there's no such thing with these computers in the library. I went back to the pictures and double checked about these pictures and I was able to enlarge the pictures by clicking on each picture in themselves to view a indiviual picture. However, I think all my pictures are still small to view except the one of Kathy, Reba, and my-

self. Maybe this is because the picture this in itself was larger than the rest of them to start with. Is it anyway to enlarge those other pictures of mine at your end there so people can get a better view of them? The two dog pictures of our dog "Sparky" would make everyone laugh if these could be enlarged. These can be filed away with such as "Tired" and "Toilet bowl cleaning with a cat" (or was this with a dog?).

(1) Would you and the rest of the group be interested in a everyday appearance picture of Kathy, Reba, and myself or just of myself? (2) Would you and the rest of the group be interested in a "dress up" appearance picture of Kathy, Reba, and myself or just myself?

I would like to eventually have that old picture of Kathy, Reba (when she was a baby), and myself and a current one on file. I'am not the so "clean cut image" in that picture of the three of us anymore. What ya expect? I was in the U.S.A.F. at the time when that picture was taken at a photography studio back in the summer of 1978. Now at times I look like a "train wreck"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have added my dreaded prednisone picture to the photo page and a picture of my husband and I to my family pictures, I was trying to find one of him without the Kuwaiti garb but couldnt. Decided to go ahead with the one I posted.

Take care,

Guest guest

Kim,

Take care,

Guest guest

Kim,

You don't have to apologize the size of the pictures. I'll just let it go though. There's nothing that says "full size" anywhere on these computer screens that I'am using. I clicked on these various "options" and nothing made the pictures bigger. What made them bigger is clicked on the pictures themselves like I said in a e-mail earlier this afternoon. But these appeared still too small except the one with Kathy, Reba (when she was a baby), and myself. Don't be all concern about this, like you said you are getting things together to travel. As far as a current one, we just didn't have any before and at the time I mailed the ones to you.

I do not know who the picture of "me" is. I am sorry you are not happy with the pictures. It took me a very very long time to get them done. If you are in the site looking at a picture, there is a place where you click "FULL SIZE" this allows you to see the pictures full sized. As I said before, there were so many of them I made them smaller to save space on the site. I apologize and am sorry that you are having trouble finding the "FULL SIZE" option, but it is there just keep looking and you will find it, it is there when you are viewing each picture individually. I really can't go back in and resize them right now, I am so busy packing and getting things ready to put on the ship to Kuwait and getting things ready for the kids to move into the apt. If I get time when I am done with all of this I will try to redo it for you. I have remailed the pictures back to you but still have them on my

computer. Or if some night I cant sleep in the wee hours I will try to redo them for you. I am nto a computer whiz and not so good at these things, and really felt it best to try to save the space on our web site since all we have to do is click "FULL SIZE" to see the pictures at the regular size. But it takes me a long time to play with pictures adjusting them and sorting things like this out, should be an easy thing I am sure, but it isnt for me. So changing them now will have to wait until I have all my packing and personal things done. I do apologize that you are not satisfied.

Take care,

Kim

NS Moderator

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

• 3 years later...

I never used Calgon

It's been a long time since i took a bubble bath, but i use Ivory Liquid when i do take a bubble bath

when I had the chicken pox -- many many many years ago, the doc recommended 3 things to bathe in, one was Ivory Liquid -- so that's what I still use

i don't have a clue as to what the other 2 things were

then after I soak in the ivory liquid bubble bath, I follow it with a shower Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: PicturesTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:06 PM

SherSo now instead of being a washing machine she'll say you're abathtub....lolSo when is the last time you had a bubble bath? Or soaked in Calgon BathOil Beads?> >> > OK...it only took me 1.5 hours to figure out how to get these picsin my album!!!> > I will post more later when I can STAND IT!!> > I'm going for my Calgon!> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> > Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >> > Pictures> >> >> >> > I just looked at the recent pictures...they are all so wonderful.> > Lili is getting so tall, glad to see pics of Bob's life. I giggledwhen I saw you ate your corn on the cob around in a perfect circle. lol.Are you an organized person? lol, lol.> > The kids are always good to look at.> > I've got my camera now and will try and download more of myown......... ........> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> > Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

I disagree. There may be such a law in California, but as I understand it,

the question is about Texas law. I know of no such statutory or case law.

A decision of the California Supreme Court is not binding on Texas courts.

, if you are aware of such a statute or Texas case, please let me

know.

Gene Gandy.

In a message dated 3/13/09 9:16:42 AM, richard.lachance@...

writes:

>

> The only thing I would add to that is that it is a privacy violation to take

> pictures of you and your patient inside an ambulance (or helicopter - the

> California Supreme Court in 1998 ruled against the producers of On Scene:

> Emergency Response for videotaping conversations between a car-accident victim

and

> a nurse on a medical evacuation helicopter.)Th

>

> LaChance, BA, EMT-P

> Department of Emergency Medicine Education

> UT Southwestern Medical Center

> Dallas, TX 75390-8890

>

>

> >>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM, in message <

> 44B6C07D1B0F694785344B6C07D1B0F694744B6C07D1B0F694744B6C07D1B044B6C>, " Sharp,

Barry " <

> barry.sharp@...> wrote:

>

> , in a previous life I was the editor of a newspaper and spend

> many years as the person from the paper covering emergency services...so

> I have been both the photographer and person selecting the photos that

> ran. Unless the laws have changed dramatically, the rule of thumb is

> that if I can see if from the street it's fair game to photograph. If

> the patient from the Vespa is lying on the sidewalk, I can shoot it.

> That said, I also have to stay behind what ever barricade/barrier that

> is in place to keep the public and onlookers out of the way or with the

> media if they are segregated to a specific area. If I get in the way of

> the cops/medics/ the cops/medics/ fire then I can su

>

> As a sense of my own morals, I tried to shy away from shooting uncovered

> dead bodies, anything that shows someone's private parts, patient's

> faces (particularly if they were critically hurt or mangled) - basically

> anything that Joe Reader wouldn't want to look at over his morning

> cereal. That said, anything that I could get that showed the dedication

> of the rescuers and the drama of the event was good to go as long as I

> kept the morning cereal reader in mind. Was it a photo that I would mind

> if the person in it was my wife or child? That may be why I had a great

> relationship with my emergency services that I worked with and never won

> a Pulitzer.

>

> I would suggest at some point having a sit down with the local editors

> to see how you can both meet your needs while on the scene. Yours to

> treat patients with dignity and theirs to cover the events of the day.

> The trick is to do this in a manner that doesn't violate the other's

> goals. By having this understanding with those I covered, I was able to

> get additional access to emergency scenes so that I could tell the story

> better which also made them look good in the eyes of the public. It's a

> real trust thing. (And I've seen what happens when it gets

> violated...the guys with the shields can limit your access - not stop -

> which makes it a little harder to get the job done.)

>

> Just a thought from an old EMT and editor.

>

> Barry

>

> Barry Sharp, MSHP, CHES

>

> Program Coordinator

>

> Tobacco Prevention & Control

>

> Texas Dept. of State Health Services

>

>

>

> Barry.Sharp@... ( mailto:Barry. ( mailto:Bar ( mailto ( m

>

> PLEASE NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

>

> P.O. Box 149347

>

> Mail Code 2018

>

> Austin, Texas 78714-9347

>

> ____________ ________ ________ _

>

> From: texasems-l@yahoogrotexasem ( mailto:texasems- ( mailto:texase (

> mailto:texatexasems-l@yahoogrotexasem ( mailto:texasems- ( mailto:texase (

mailto

> Behalf Of Dublin EMS

> Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:42 AM

> To: texasems-l@yahoogrotexasem ( mailto:texasems- ( mailto:texase ( ma

> Subject: pictures

>

> I know EMS people should follow policy on pictures of EMS incidents.

> Do we have any control or any concern over pictures taken by law

> enforcement. For instance, the patient wrecked his Vespa and broke his

> petulla oblongotta (ask Opie ) while we are taking care of him the

> police officer walks up with his handy dandy XQ9000 camera phone and

> takes picture of injury.

> I seriously doubt the picture is part of any accident investigation

> process. Do we tackle him and crush his phone, or do we just keep doing

> our job and let him do whatever he is doing.

> What about newspaper people, I have threatened them with serious bodily

> injury before for taking pictures of my patients, but do we have any

> concerns about non-EMS people photographing our patients?

>

>

>

Guest guest

I'd say we should worry about the patient...and how we are caring for them.

Yes, we do also need to be aware of our surroundings and what is going on....but

not to things like picture-taking...that is not an issue for the medic. It's

someone else's problem...so don't let the patient care suffer in order to deal

with a camera. No one will fault you...unless you do mess with the camera

folks.

Sent: Fri 3/13/2009 7:43 PM

To: texasems-l

Subject: Re: pictures

I disagree. There may be such a law in California, but as I understand it,

the question is about Texas law. I know of no such statutory or case law.

A decision of the California Supreme Court is not binding on Texas courts.

, if you are aware of such a statute or Texas case, please let me

know.

Gene Gandy.

In a message dated 3/13/09 9:16:42 AM, richard.lachance@...

writes:

>

> The only thing I would add to that is that it is a privacy violation to take

> pictures of you and your patient inside an ambulance (or helicopter - the

> California Supreme Court in 1998 ruled against the producers of On Scene:

> Emergency Response for videotaping conversations between a car-accident victim

and

> a nurse on a medical evacuation helicopter.)Th

>

> LaChance, BA, EMT-P

> Department of Emergency Medicine Education

> UT Southwestern Medical Center

> Dallas, TX 75390-8890

>

>

> >>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM, in message <

> 44B6C07D1B0F694785344B6C07D1B0F694744B6C07D1B0F694744B6C07D1B044B6C>, " Sharp,

Barry " <

> barry.sharp@... > wrote:

>

> , in a previous life I was the editor of a newspaper and spend

> many years as the person from the paper covering emergency services...so

> I have been both the photographer and person selecting the photos that

> ran. Unless the laws have changed dramatically, the rule of thumb is

> that if I can see if from the street it's fair game to photograph. If

> the patient from the Vespa is lying on the sidewalk, I can shoot it.

> That said, I also have to stay behind what ever barricade/barrier that

> is in place to keep the public and onlookers out of the way or with the

> media if they are segregated to a specific area. If I get in the way of

> the cops/medics/ the cops/medics/ fire then I can su

>

> As a sense of my own morals, I tried to shy away from shooting uncovered

> dead bodies, anything that shows someone's private parts, patient's

> faces (particularly if they were critically hurt or mangled) - basically

> anything that Joe Reader wouldn't want to look at over his morning

> cereal. That said, anything that I could get that showed the dedication

> of the rescuers and the drama of the event was good to go as long as I

> kept the morning cereal reader in mind. Was it a photo that I would mind

> if the person in it was my wife or child? That may be why I had a great

> relationship with my emergency services that I worked with and never won

> a Pulitzer.

>

> I would suggest at some point having a sit down with the local editors

> to see how you can both meet your needs while on the scene. Yours to

> treat patients with dignity and theirs to cover the events of the day.

> The trick is to do this in a manner that doesn't violate the other's

> goals. By having this understanding with those I covered, I was able to

> get additional access to emergency scenes so that I could tell the story

> better which also made them look good in the eyes of the public. It's a

> real trust thing. (And I've seen what happens when it gets

> violated...the guys with the shields can limit your access - not stop -

> which makes it a little harder to get the job done.)

>

> Just a thought from an old EMT and editor.

>

> Barry

>

> Barry Sharp, MSHP, CHES

>

> Program Coordinator

>

> Tobacco Prevention & Control

>

> Texas Dept. of State Health Services

>

>

>

> Barry.Sharp@... (

mailto:Barry. ( mailto:Bar ( mailto ( m

>

> PLEASE NOTE NEW MAILING ADDRESS:

>

> P.O. Box 149347

>

> Mail Code 2018

>

> Austin, Texas 78714-9347

>

> ____________ ________ ________ _

>

> From: texasems-l@yahoogrotexasem ( mailto:texasems- ( mailto:texase (

> mailto:texatexasems-l@yahoogrotexasem ( mailto:texasems- ( mailto:texase (

mailto

> Behalf Of Dublin EMS

> Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:42 AM

> To: texasems-l@yahoogrotexasem ( mailto:texasems- ( mailto:texase ( ma

> Subject: pictures

>

> I know EMS people should follow policy on pictures of EMS incidents.

> Do we have any control or any concern over pictures taken by law

> enforcement. For instance, the patient wrecked his Vespa and broke his

> petulla oblongotta (ask Opie ) while we are taking care of him the

> police officer walks up with his handy dandy XQ9000 camera phone and

> takes picture of injury.

> I seriously doubt the picture is part of any accident investigation

> process. Do we tackle him and crush his phone, or do we just keep doing

> our job and let him do whatever he is doing.

> What about newspaper people, I have threatened them with serious bodily

> injury before for taking pictures of my patients, but do we have any

> concerns about non-EMS people photographing our patients?

>

>

>