RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Caro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there girlfriend!

I'll keep your daughter in my prayers and I hope you get to feeling stronger soon! I'm the 8th dwarf today....you know pukey? I've got a little stomach bug and feel gross. Hopefully this will go away quickly!

Happy New Year!!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 8:16:12 PMSubject: Re: Re: new and scared

Hi MB!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08 SJOGREN SYNDROME 07/08Mississippi

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: new and scaredTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 6:16 PM

Eileen,

Sher is absolutely correct. I don't know where you heard that most IPF patients die before getting disability but it's simply not true. My SSDI was approved in less than 6 months. I remember one specific individual in this group whose SSDI was approved in less than 2 months.

If you decide to go down that road there are things you can do to help your application along and increase your chances of being approved quickly.

I also feel your pain on the weight issue. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and that struggle is not helped now by how difficult it is to exercise safely. I am losing weight but very slowly. I just keep trying to move in that direction and not stress over it.

I've been living with pulmonary fibrosis for two and a half years now and for that entire time I've been on oxygen 24/7. It is possible to continue to live a good and productive life with supplemental O2. You are not alone!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:34:44 PMSubject: Re: Re: new and scared

Eileen...your last line reads 'most IPF pts die before getting disability'. ..I don't think that is true. There are some on the board who have disability.. . Beth for one. I'm already on S/S so I cannot apply for SDI. Those who have it will respond to you I'm sure.

I know, losing weight is so difficult and especially if you're on prednisone.

Don't panic Eileen, you are not going to die next week. I thought I was going to die in a matter of days when I was first dx. It will be three years ago in March.

I hope you will consider filing for SDI. Lots of us here on it... that may help your worry about the house/salary needed. Are 's wages enough to keep you afloat?

Take a deep breath and just forge ahead. We're all here for you and you will learn many helpful things.

Keep on keepin' on...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

new and scared> > > Hi > My name is Eileen. I was diagnosed w IPF/UIP in May 2007. I have > actually been doing very well till this Thanksgiving. I got the flu > and my oxygen dropped. The doctor put me on 02 temporarily saying he > thought I would go back up but I have not. Monday he told me I have to >

face the possibility my fibrosis has worsened and I will need to stay > on 02. I happen to be off from work this week so I am trying to take > it easy but I am scared. I am so tired. How am I going to keep > working? If I don't work we will lose our house. Not a good market to > have to sell now. I am just scared and need someone who knows what it > is like to talk to.>