RemedySpot.com

Re: Recently diagnosed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you Ken...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Beth,The information you shared is very valuable - THANK YOU! Whatever you find out will be greatly welcomed! I'm a guy and I keep thinking I can fix this. Intellectually I guess I have accepted IPF though my emotions have NOT. I have an exceptionally close family but still I haven't even felt like crying. I asked the Dr. three times in one visit if my chart actually said the words "Pulmonary Fibrosis" and each time he said yes. He was very patient with me. He is my primary care physician who said not to fly right now. Still my heart says they made a mistake. My dear wife is having the same response.Again, thank you, Beth!Ken> >> > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen available. I > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt had > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt dizzy. > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding so long. I had > no clue at the time. > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and I > still felt so tired. > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter that > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I didn't > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and for > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using the > right oxygen made such a difference. it was a much more enjoyable > trip. > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating to > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a good > idea to check it out. Marcia> >>

Thank you Ken...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Beth,The information you shared is very valuable - THANK YOU! Whatever you find out will be greatly welcomed! I'm a guy and I keep thinking I can fix this. Intellectually I guess I have accepted IPF though my emotions have NOT. I have an exceptionally close family but still I haven't even felt like crying. I asked the Dr. three times in one visit if my chart actually said the words "Pulmonary Fibrosis" and each time he said yes. He was very patient with me. He is my primary care physician who said not to fly right now. Still my heart says they made a mistake. My dear wife is having the same response.Again, thank you, Beth!Ken> >> > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen available. I > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt had > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt dizzy. > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding so long. I had > no clue at the time. > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and I > still felt so tired. > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter that > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I didn't > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and for > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using the > right oxygen made such a difference. it was a much more enjoyable > trip. > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating to > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a good > idea to check it out. Marcia> >>

Ken...I forgot to mention, go to

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Breathe-Support and check out the photo albums. Another way to get acquainted w/members. Add some of yours too.

KenYou are new here and doing what you can to learn about the disease andhow to live with it. I know you feel a bit lost and wonder what to sayand where to turn. We all were there. What is funny is that before longyou'll have totally forgotten being a newbie, a year from now you'llfeel like a board veteran and three years from now you'll feel likeyou've been a member forever.Life here won't be without some sadness as friends suffer and die.However, that will be more than offset in watching friends live andenjoy themselves and thrive in spite of the obstacles. You'll even findyourself doing a double take as you see how the attitudes of so manyseem inconsistent with their physical condition. You'll find those youconnect to best and consider mentors. I've found those ahead of me who Iconsider such marvelous role models. Hopefully gaining knowledge willmake you feel a little more in control of your life.> > >> > > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check> > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen available.> I> > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or> > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt> had> > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I> > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way> > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt> dizzy.> > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding so long. I> had> > no clue at the time.> > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and I> > still felt so tired.> > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter that> > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I> didn't> > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and> for> > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using> the> > right oxygen made such a difference. it was a much more enjoyable> > trip.> > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several> > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating to> > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a good> > idea to check it out. Marcia> > >> >>

I think i told you that I had an upset stomach on Tuesday. Slept all day.

last night on the local news, there was a report about 2 kinds of stomach upsets in the metropolitan area -- one viral and one bacterial

at any rate there is a school in Cherry Hill NJ, about 30 minutes from here, that is closed today because so many children are sick with one of the stomach flu's

at least one of these stomach upsets has been going on since the fall per the newscaster

so local ladies and gents -- the 2 I know are Z and Patti F, -- be very, very careful

wash your hands, etc, etc, etc

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Re: Recently diagnosedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 10:41 PM

KenRun to the doctor. Get antibiotics and if not well after one round, goanother. There are no silver bullets. Infection is dangerous. There isno such thing as a simple cold with PF. Your system is compromised. And,if any doctor makes you feel like "here comes Ken again" the solution tothat is simple-a new doctor.Please take care.> > > >> > > > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check> > > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen> available. I> > > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or> > > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt> had> > > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I> > > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way> > > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt dizzy.> > > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding

so long. I> had> > > no clue at the time.> > > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and> I> > > still felt so tired.> > > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter> that> > > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I> didn't> > > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and> for> > > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using> the> > > right oxygen made such a difference.. it was a much more enjoyable> > > trip.> > > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several> > > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating> to> > > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a> good> > >

idea to check it out. Marcia> > > >> > >> >>

I think i told you that I had an upset stomach on Tuesday. Slept all day.

last night on the local news, there was a report about 2 kinds of stomach upsets in the metropolitan area -- one viral and one bacterial

at any rate there is a school in Cherry Hill NJ, about 30 minutes from here, that is closed today because so many children are sick with one of the stomach flu's

at least one of these stomach upsets has been going on since the fall per the newscaster

so local ladies and gents -- the 2 I know are Z and Patti F, -- be very, very careful

Donate Life

Subject: Re: Recently diagnosedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 10:41 PM

KenRun to the doctor. Get antibiotics and if not well after one round, goanother. There are no silver bullets. Infection is dangerous. There isno such thing as a simple cold with PF. Your system is compromised. And,if any doctor makes you feel like "here comes Ken again" the solution tothat is simple-a new doctor.Please take care.> > > >> > > > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check> > > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen> available. I> > > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or> > > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt> had> > > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I> > > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way> > > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt dizzy.> > > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding

so long. I> had> > > no clue at the time.> > > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and> I> > > still felt so tired.> > > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter> that> > > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I> didn't> > > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and> for> > > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using> the> > > right oxygen made such a difference.. it was a much more enjoyable> > > trip.> > > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several> > > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating> to> > > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a> good> > >

idea to check it out. Marcia> > > >> > >> >>

Hi Pink

Down here in NW Georgia, many have been stricken with the stomach flu. has been subbing at the daycare at our church because several teachers came down with it. I certainly do not want to come in contact with that because last February I had the flu and I made lots of trips to the potty--once I didn't make it. The reason it was so scary for me was that I had to turn up my concentrator because 2-3 lpm did not work while I was sick.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > > >> > > > > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check> > > > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen> > available. I> > > > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or> > > > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt> > had> > > > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I> > > > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way> > > > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt dizzy.> > > > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding so long. I> > had> > > > no clue at the time.> > > > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and> > I> > > > still felt so tired.> > > > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter> > that> > > > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I> > didn't> > > > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and> > for> > > > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using> > the> > > > right oxygen made such a difference.. it was a much more enjoyable> > > > trip.> > > > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several> > > > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating> > to> > > > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a> > good> > > > idea to check it out. Marcia> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Hi Pink

Down here in NW Georgia, many have been stricken with the stomach flu. has been subbing at the daycare at our church because several teachers came down with it. I certainly do not want to come in contact with that because last February I had the flu and I made lots of trips to the potty--once I didn't make it. The reason it was so scary for me was that I had to turn up my concentrator because 2-3 lpm did not work while I was sick.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

> > > > >> > > > > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second it, check> > > > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen> > available. I> > > > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at around 4500 or> > > > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I no doubt> > had> > > > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed yet, and I> > > > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the way> > > > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and felt dizzy.> > > > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding so long. I> > had> > > > no clue at the time.> > > > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02 at 2 lt and> > I> > > > still felt so tired.> > > > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a oximeter> > that> > > > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at home I> > didn't> > > > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt there, and> > for> > > > walking I needed more than double than I used at home. Using> > the> > > > right oxygen made such a difference.. it was a much more enjoyable> > > > trip.> > > > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said several> > > > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time aclimating> > to> > > > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would be a> > good> > > > idea to check it out. Marcia> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Pink, This "bug" got our entire family

including Sara , 's in-laws,,

Sam, Mike, Kurt, his brother and s-i-l and their kids and me right

after Xmas.

We were all sick over New Years Eve..none of us went out!

It was quite a couple of days for all of us!

Thanks for the further warning!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 65,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Joyce T Rosenberg wrote:

I think i told you that I had an upset stomach on

Tuesday. Slept all day.

last night on the local news, there was a report about 2

kinds of stomach upsets in the metropolitan area -- one viral and one

bacterial

at any rate there is a school in Cherry Hill NJ, about 30

minutes from here, that is closed today because so many children are

sick with one of the stomach flu's

at least one of these stomach upsets has been going on

since the fall per the newscaster

so local ladies and gents -- the 2 I know are Z and

Patti F, -- be very, very careful

Donate Life

Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland (AT) gmail (DOT) com>

Subject: Re: Recently diagnosed

To: Breathe-Support

Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2009, 10:41 PM

Ken

Run to the doctor. Get antibiotics and if not well after one round, go

another. There are no silver bullets. Infection is dangerous. There is

no such thing as a simple cold with PF. Your system is compromised. And,

if any doctor makes you feel like "here comes Ken again" the solution to

that is simple-a new doctor.

Please take care.

> > > >

> > > > Ken, Beth gave you very good advice. I second

it, check

> > > with the doctor first and you may need to have oxygen

> available. I

> > > live at sea level and my daughter is in Reno NV, at

around 4500 or

> > > 4900 elevation, depending on who you are talking to. I

no doubt

> had

> > > IPF on my first trip there, but had not been diagnosed

yet, and I

> > > was so very tired and when we stopped for lunch on the

way

> > > there,around 7000 ft elevation, I nearly staggered and

felt dizzy.

> > > I thought it was just because I was stiff from riding so

long. I

> had

> > > no clue at the time.

> > > > The next trip I hand been diagnosed and I was on 02

at 2 lt and

> I

> > > still felt so tired.

> > > > The next trip I was still on 02 at 2 lt but I had a

oximeter

> that

> > > would give me my oxygen sats, and I found that where at

home I

> didn't

> > > need any oxygen while sitting, I needed at least 1 lt

there, and

> for

> > > walking I needed more than double than I used at home.

Using

> the

> > > right oxygen made such a difference.. it was a much more

enjoyable

> > > trip.

> > > > My daughter's company moved up there. she said

several

> > > people (people without lung problems) had a hard time

aclimating

> to

> > > the elevation. Some even were hospitalized. So it would

be a

> good

> > > idea to check it out. Marcia

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.16/1930 - Release Date: 2/2/2009 7:51 AM