RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: News Article

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I thought something was wrong for at least eight years before I was diagnosed, but I never heard anything from the doctor(s) until this past September. Joyce T Rosenberg wrote: i think there are a lot of people with ILD and don't know it i think i had it a long time before diagnosis SOB walking up hills--thought it was out of shape and/or heart

diseasePink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania From: friend.patti <friend.patti (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: News ArticleTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:44 AM MBAre the numbers so low (in comparison with breast cancer) with PF because we are not being diagnosed at the first sign.. I know in my case the xray showed PF in '99 and my doc just said oh, and that was it. Still have the xray result showing that. Nothing was done until i

got tired of being short of breath and wanted to keep being active with the grandbabies and kids.That was in 7'06. I'm curious. How many people are out there not knowing.. patti, ipf 7'06, nj> > > > > >> > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k towards > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's lacrosse team > > and > > > > the> > > > > > Waterville Police

Department recently joined forces to > raise > > > > more > > > > > than> > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for Pulmonary > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team collected > > pledges > > > > that> > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the bench press. > > The > > > > team > > > > > set> > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the Colby campus. > > The > > > > team> > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated the student > > > body > > > > on> > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then benched 135 > > pounds >

> > > as> > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the event and > > > helped > > > > > man> > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal to the Colby > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there for the > entire > > day> > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the most pledges > > and > > > > the> > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's lacrosse coach > Jon > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven

that he has a passion for being > > civically> > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud of him."> > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the Waterville > Police> > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the venture.> > > > > > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only did he help > > raise > > > > > money> > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, but he > > > > lifted > > > > > the> > > > > > weights right alongside our men," said. "His > > > > involvement > > > > > in> > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part of the > > Waterville

> > > > > Police> > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that involves > > > > scarring > > > > > of> > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with Pulmonary > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs of the lungs > > > > > gradually> > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar forms, > the > > > > tissue> > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the > tissue's > > > > > ability> > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every

year from Pulmonary > > Fibrosis > > > in > > > > > the> > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the U.S. have > been> > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional 50,000 are > > likely > > > > to > > > > > be> > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Guest guest

Jeane, I saw "Hershey" in your

post...where in PA are you?

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

jeane7160 wrote:

Mine was finally diagnosed in 2005 but like I said I have reports

from 2001 and 2002 showing that the radiologist informed the doctors

that there were interstitial changes and scarring on both lungs and

asking that more tests be done to find out what was going on. Both

were ignored. In 2003 I had PFT's that were read as my having

interstitial problems and the doctor who read them actually ignored

that as well. It was not until I again changed doctors and my new

one saw all of this stuff and sent me to another pulmo that anything

was done to see what was going on. Even then it was just well you

have interstitial lung disease and there is nothing that can be done

for it. From there on my complaints of symptoms were met with "well

that is the ILD". It was not till Hershey that this was met with

real concern. My bet is that there are many more out there that are

treated like this.

For so many people it is treated like something trivial like a hang

nail that is going to be there forever. This being the case, the

question is how many people die from pneumonia and other

complications never knowing their diseased lungs were as bad. For

those the death certificate does not reflect that they died from the

lung disease they had that caused the complications that killed

them. Since they died under a doctor's care there would be no need

for autopsies that would reveal the true number of people who are

victims of this.

If there were autopsies done on people who died from pulmonary

illnesses of any kind I am positive that the true numbers would be a

lot higher and the gravity of this truely come to light in a big

way. Victim's relatives would be screaming to get research going and

people would not allow their doctors to drop the ball out of fear

that it is going to get them and might not have to.

Jean

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise

more than $10k

towards

> > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis Research

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > November 28, 2008

> > > > > > > from press releases

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby

College men's lacrosse

> team

> > > and

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > Waterville Police Department

recently joined forces to

> > raise

> > > > > more

> > > > > > than

> > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench

Press for Pulmonary

> > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's

lacrosse team collected

> > > pledges

> > > > > that

> > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135

pounds on the bench

> press.

> > > The

> > > > > team

> > > > > > set

> > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion

on the Colby

> campus.

> > > The

> > > > > team

> > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers,

and educated the

> student

> > > > body

> > > > > on

> > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the

team then benched

> > > pounds

> > > > > as

> > > > > > > many times as possible to raise

money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in

organizing the event

> and

> > > > helped

> > > > > > man

> > > > > > > the bench press for the entire

12-hour event.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a

great deal to the

> Colby

> > > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He

was there for the

> > entire

> > > day

> > > > > > > supporting his teammates while

collecting the most

> pledges

> > > and

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby

men's lacrosse

coach

> > Jon

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a

passion for being

> > > civically

> > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be

more proud of him."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > also was happy to partner

with the Waterville

> > Police

> > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe

Massey on the venture.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough.

Not only did he

> help

> > > raise

> > > > > > money

> > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary

Fibrosis Foundation,

but

> he

> > > > > lifted

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > weights right alongside our men,"

said. "His

> > > > > involvement

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on

the part of the

> > > Waterville

> > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > Department."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating

disease that

> involves

> > > > > scarring

> > > > > > of

> > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed,

people with

> Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the

air sacs of the

> lungs

> > > > > > gradually

> > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue.

When the scar

forms,

> > the

> > > > > tissue

> > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an

irreversible loss of the

> > tissue's

> > > > > > ability

> > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the

bloodstream.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every

year from Pulmonary

> > > Fibrosis

> > > > in

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000

people in the U.S.

have

> > been

> > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an

additional 50,000 are

> > > likely

> > > > > to

> > > > > > be

> > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date: 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

Guest guest

Bruce: What do you know about plug-in room deodorizers? My husband loves all kinds of room deodorizers--now I'm thinking maybe that's a bad idea? (On top of his smoking - in rooms I am not in at that moment....) BBruce Moreland wrote: MBI'm convinced its both up in frequency and being detected morefrequently. We see the cases of doctors today who don't detect it andyet know they are more aware today than previously.

As to up infrequency, our environment is just contaminated with more toxins of allsorts and we don't know which of those may be contributing to increasesin this and other diseases. We learn to avoid one thing but there areten more added to the air.A simple example. My ex mother in law has COPD and one thing thatprobably contributed heavily was owning an apartment prep business andcleaning lots of ovens with strong oven cleaners. However, more recentlyshe used moth balls heavily. They are very toxic. While we don't use theoven cleaners, look at all the items today that have fragrances thatonce didn't. How many of those affect us? One I know specifically thateffects many is these plug in room deodorizers. They may bother whenactive but when they are empty or no longer working they become moretoxic to those impacted.In many cases we've made work environments safer, but then we've turnedaround and made our

living environment less so. Look at the number ofbad air days we had here this summer and well into fall. I even read anarticle in the past couple of days on something as simple as ragweed. Wearen't imagining the bad allergy season from ragweed as being longer.The ragweed is growing better and lasting longer. This articleattributes that to global warming and shows the science of how thesubtle change helps ragweed thrive. Is it correct? Who knows. Not to beparanoid but look at all the electronics today. We do know CRT's containcontaminents in small quantities and assumed contained. Cell phones. Thereality is until we have more answers, we just don't know.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k towards> > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > >> > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > >> > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's lacrosse> team> > >

and> > > > > the> > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined forces to> > raise> > > > > more> > > > > > than> > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team collected> > > pledges> > > > > that> > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the bench> press.> > > The> > > > > team> > > > > > set> > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the Colby> campus.> > > The> > > > > team> > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated the>

student> > > > body> > > > > on> > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then benched 135> > > pounds> > > > > as> > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the event> and> > > > helped> > > > > > man> > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal to the> Colby> > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there for the> > entire> > > day> > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting

the most> pledges> > > and> > > > > the> > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's lacrosse coach> > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passion for being> > > civically> > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud of him."> > > > > > >> > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the Waterville> > Police> > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the venture.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only did he> help> > > raise> > > > > > money> > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation,

but> he> > > > > lifted> > > > > > the> > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," said. "His> > > > > involvement> > > > > > in> > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part of the> > > Waterville> > > > > > Police> > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that> involves> > > > > scarring> > > > > > of> > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with> Pulmonary> > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs of the> lungs> > > > > > gradually> >

> > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar forms,> > the> > > > > tissue> > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the> > tissue's> > > > > > ability> > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from Pulmonary> > > Fibrosis> > > > in> > > > > > the> > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the U.S. have> > been> > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional 50,000 are> > > likely> > > > > to> > > > > > be> > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > >>

> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>Barbara McDIPF, Sept 08Beautiful Western NC Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Guest guest

Barbara

Well, you explained in your second part much of the first part. By smoking his sense of smell is diminished plus they help mask the smoke odor. As to room deodorizers, I know they affect me very adversely. My breathing worsens with just one near me. I cannot take going into a room with several. I know there are many others who share my problems. Here is an article:

warm and inviting, soothing. Unbeknownst to us, however, we are actually adding toxins to the air we breathe.

Air fresheners seem to work on the room and clean the air but actually they work on us! They basically interfere with our sniffers. The chemicals coat our nasal passages with a film that deadens the nerve endings. They mask the problem instead of taking care of it and fool us into thinking the room is fresh and clean.

The ingredients are troubling and may include things like formaldehyde, artificial fragrance, benzyl alcohol, camphor, ethanol, and naphthalene, among others. Aside from causing asthma and allergies, many of these chemicals are known carcinogens that lead to cancer and birth defects. Many attack the central nervous system which can lead to Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, or SIDs in infants. Sound clean to you?

Air fresheners and room deodorizers actually create pollution. When used in a confined area, like our homes, places of work, or cars, they create an intense amount of toxins in a small area. Children are particularly susceptible to poor air quality which can lead to a host of diseases and premature death. The EPA ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental health risks to the public. Pollution indoors is oftentimes worse (sometimes up to 500 times worse!) than the pollution outdoors! Sure, tobacco smoke indoors is a horrible contributor to that, but aside from that, indoor pollution is primarily the cause of all the things we use to clean our homes and make our homes smell good. In aerosol form the dangers are multiplied because of the micro-particles that are created of the chemicals.

Scented and Aromatherapy candles are no better at clearing the air. Traditional candles are made of paraffin wax, a by-product of the gasoline industry, a petrochemical. The fragrance is either artificial, once again a petro-chemical and many not suited for combustion, or a pure essential oil which, when burned, no longer offers the therapeutic effect and actually converts into unhealthy byproducts. Scented paraffin candles usually contain metal or lead core wicks creating unsafe lead concentrations when burned. 100% of the lead that is inhaled when the candle is burned ends up in the bloodstream which can be particularly damaging to children. What is not inhaled immediately attaches to furniture and walls to be inhaled or ingested later. The black soot created from burning traditional, and especially scented, candles is toxic. According to the American Lung Association - "scented, paraffin candles cause lead poisoning and using slow burning paraffin candles cause poor indoor air quality, and a serious health concern." Once again, instead of freshening the air, they work to mask the odor while adding poisons to the air we breathe in the comfort of our own homes.

Now, I know this sounds very harsh and judgemental, but I just think continuing to smoke in the house, whether or not you are in the room, is unacceptable and inconsiderate of your health. I guess I'll never understand the power of the addiction. I can even understand one choosing to continue to smoke knowing its damage to their own health. But, I can't understand smoking in a home with someone who has a serious lung disease already. I just don't get it....

My disease may well have come from second hand smoke as at 18 the doctor said my lungs looked like a 40 year old two pack a day smoker. But, even though my parents couldn't stop smoking in spite of knowing its damage to them, they did refrain from smoking in my room or car. I feel certain had they known the danger of second hand smoke they wouldn't have smoked in the house, but would have gone outside or even stopped, not for themselves, but for me. They didn't know and we lived in the tobacco capital.

Please if you're on this forum, don't let family and friends do things harmful to you. This includes smoking and being around you when they are sick. It also includes those who are unhealthy for you because of other reasons. Create for yourself the best environment for enjoying life you can and don't allow anyone to interfere with getting the most of whatever time you have.

Getting off soapbox now.

> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k towards> > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's lacrosse> > team> > > > and> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined forces to> > > raise> > > > > > more> > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for Pulmonary> > > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team collected> > > > pledges> > > > > > that> > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the bench> > press.> > > > The> > > > > > team> > > > > > > set> > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the Colby> > campus.> > > > The> > > > > > team> > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated the> > student> > > > > body> > > > > > on> > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then benched 135> > > > pounds> > > > > > as> > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the event> > and> > > > > helped> > > > > > > man> > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal to the> > Colby> > > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there for the> > > entire> > > > day> > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the most> > pledges> > > > and> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's lacrosse coach> > > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passion for being> > > > civically> > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud of him."> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the Waterville> > > Police> > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the venture.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only did he> > help> > > > raise> > > > > > > money> > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, but> > he> > > > > > lifted> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," said. "His> > > > > > involvement> > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part of the> > > > Waterville> > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that> > involves> > > > > > scarring> > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with> > Pulmonary> > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs of the> > lungs> > > > > > > gradually> > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar forms,> > > the> > > > > > tissue> > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the> > > tissue's> > > > > > > ability> > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from Pulmonary> > > > Fibrosis> > > > > in> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the U.S. have> > > been> > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional 50,000 are> > > > likely> > > > > > to> > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > Barbara McD> IPF, Sept 08> Beautiful Western NC> > > > Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9>

Guest guest

Yeah, Bruce, get off the soap box so I can get on... lol

I'm with you about smoking in a home where one of us is fighting this dreadful disease. It just isn't acceptable!

Speak up people...say NO MORE SMOKING INSIDE.

I used to love candles, had them all over the place until I discovered flamless candles. They are absolutely wonderful. Battery operated and look just like a candle.

I do use a room plug in deod. in the bathroom but no where else.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Barbara

Well, you explained in your second part much of the first part. By smoking his sense of smell is diminished plus they help mask the smoke odor. As to room deodorizers, I know they affect me very adversely. My breathing worsens with just one near me. I cannot take going into a room with several. I know there are many others who share my problems. Here is an article:

warm and inviting, soothing. Unbeknownst to us, however, we are actually adding toxins to the air we breathe.

Air fresheners seem to work on the room and clean the air but actually they work on us! They basically interfere with our sniffers. The chemicals coat our nasal passages with a film that deadens the nerve endings. They mask the problem instead of taking care of it and fool us into thinking the room is fresh and clean.

The ingredients are troubling and may include things like formaldehyde, artificial fragrance, benzyl alcohol, camphor, ethanol, and naphthalene, among others. Aside from causing asthma and allergies, many of these chemicals are known carcinogens that lead to cancer and birth defects. Many attack the central nervous system which can lead to Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, or SIDs in infants. Sound clean to you?

Air fresheners and room deodorizers actually create pollution. When used in a confined area, like our homes, places of work, or cars, they create an intense amount of toxins in a small area. Children are particularly susceptible to poor air quality which can lead to a host of diseases and premature death. The EPA ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental health risks to the public. Pollution indoors is oftentimes worse (sometimes up to 500 times worse!) than the pollution outdoors! Sure, tobacco smoke indoors is a horrible contributor to that, but aside from that, indoor pollution is primarily the cause of all the things we use to clean our homes and make our homes smell good. In aerosol form the dangers are multiplied because of the micro-particles that are created of the chemicals.

Scented and Aromatherapy candles are no better at clearing the air. Traditional candles are made of paraffin wax, a by-product of the gasoline industry, a petrochemical. The fragrance is either artificial, once again a petro-chemical and many not suited for combustion, or a pure essential oil which, when burned, no longer offers the therapeutic effect and actually converts into unhealthy byproducts. Scented paraffin candles usually contain metal or lead core wicks creating unsafe lead concentrations when burned. 100% of the lead that is inhaled when the candle is burned ends up in the bloodstream which can be particularly damaging to children. What is not inhaled immediately attaches to furniture and walls to be inhaled or ingested later. The black soot created from burning traditional, and especially scented, candles is toxic. According to the American Lung Association - "scented, paraffin candles cause lead poisoning and using slow burning paraffin candles cause poor indoor air quality, and a serious health concern." Once again, instead of freshening the air, they work to mask the odor while adding poisons to the air we breathe in the comfort of our own homes.

Now, I know this sounds very harsh and judgemental, but I just think continuing to smoke in the house, whether or not you are in the room, is unacceptable and inconsiderate of your health. I guess I'll never understand the power of the addiction. I can even understand one choosing to continue to smoke knowing its damage to their own health. But, I can't understand smoking in a home with someone who has a serious lung disease already. I just don't get it....

My disease may well have come from second hand smoke as at 18 the doctor said my lungs looked like a 40 year old two pack a day smoker. But, even though my parents couldn't stop smoking in spite of knowing its damage to them, they did refrain from smoking in my room or car. I feel certain had they known the danger of second hand smoke they wouldn't have smoked in the house, but would have gone outside or even stopped, not for themselves, but for me. They didn't know and we lived in the tobacco capital.

Please if you're on this forum, don't let family and friends do things harmful to you. This includes smoking and being around you when they are sick. It also includes those who are unhealthy for you because of other reasons. Create for yourself the best environment for enjoying life you can and don't allow anyone to interfere with getting the most of whatever time you have.

Getting off soapbox now.

> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k towards> > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's lacrosse> > team> > > > and> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined forces to> > > raise> > > > > > more> > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for Pulmonary> > > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team collected> > > > pledges> > > > > > that> > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the bench> > press.> > > > The> > > > > > team> > > > > > > set> > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the Colby> > campus.> > > > The> > > > > > team> > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated the> > student> > > > > body> > > > > > on> > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then benched 135> > > > pounds> > > > > > as> > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the event> > and> > > > > helped> > > > > > > man> > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal to the> > Colby> > > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there for the> > > entire> > > > day> > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the most> > pledges> > > > and> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's lacrosse coach> > > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passion for being> > > > civically> > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud of him."> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the Waterville> > > Police> > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the venture.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only did he> > help> > > > raise> > > > > > > money> > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, but> > he> > > > > > lifted> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," said. "His> > > > > > involvement> > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part of the> > > > Waterville> > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that> > involves> > > > > > scarring> > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with> > Pulmonary> > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs of the> > lungs> > > > > > > gradually> > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar forms,> > > the> > > > > > tissue> > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the> > > tissue's> > > > > > > ability> > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from Pulmonary> > > > Fibrosis> > > > > in> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the U.S. have> > > been> > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional 50,000 are> > > > likely> > > > > > to> > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > Barbara McD> IPF, Sept 08> Beautiful Western NC> > > > Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9>

Guest guest

I live in northern Schuylkill County in a small town almost to

Hazelton.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k

> > towards

> > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008

> > > > > > > > > from press releases

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's

lacrosse

> > > team

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined forces

to

> > > > raise

> > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for

Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team

collected

> > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the bench

> > > press.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > set

> > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the Colby

> > > campus.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated the

> > > student

> > > > > > body

> > > > > > > on

> > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then benched

> > 135

> > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the

event

> > > and

> > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > man

> > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > " It's clear that this event meant a great deal to

the

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there for

the

> > > > entire

> > > > > day

> > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the most

> > > pledges

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > second most amount of money, " Colby men's lacrosse

> > coach

> > > > Jon

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > said. " Max has proven that he has a passion for

being

> > > > > civically

> > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud of

him. "

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the

Waterville

> > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the

venture.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > " I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only did he

> > > help

> > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > money

> > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation,

> > but

> > > he

> > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men, "

said. " His

> > > > > > > involvement

> > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part of the

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > Department. "

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that

> > > involves

> > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > of

> > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs of the

> > > lungs

> > > > > > > > gradually

> > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar

> > forms,

> > > > the

> > > > > > > tissue

> > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the

> > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > ability

> > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the U.S.

> > have

> > > > been

> > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional 50,000

are

> > > > > likely

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

------

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date:

12/4/2008 8:05 AM

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Jean, I've been to Hazelton for a wedding

last Fall. One of the engineers at Mike's company ( Ron Pignoli)

married

a girl from there...nne Gemelli is her maiden name. the mayor of

the town was at the wedding too!The party was in an Inn near the town

and the bus

taking all of us from the hotel to the place got lost!!! What an

adventure.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

Vinca

jeane7160 wrote:

Hazelton.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby

helps raise more than $10k

> > towards

> > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The

Colby College men's

lacrosse

> > > team

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > Waterville Police

Department recently joined forces

to

> > > > raise

> > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first

annual Bench Press for

Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby

men's lacrosse team

collected

> > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of

135 pounds on the bench

> > > press.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > set

> > > > > > > > > up the bench outside

Pulver Pavilion on the Colby

> > > campus.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out

flyers, and educated the

> > > student

> > > > > > body

> > > > > > > on

> > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Members of the team then benched

> > 135

> > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > > many times as possible to

raise money.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a

leader in organizing the

event

> > > and

> > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > man

> > > > > > > > > the bench press for the

entire 12-hour event.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this

event meant a great deal to

the

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > > family and in particular

to Max. He was there for

the

> > > > entire

> > > > > day

> > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates

while collecting the most

> > > pledges

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > second most amount of

money," Colby men's lacrosse

> > coach

> > > > Jon

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that

he has a passion for

being

> > > > > civically

> > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I

couldn't be more proud of

him."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > also was happy to

partner with the

Waterville

> > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > Department and police

chief Joe Massey on the

venture.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief

Massey enough. Not only did he

> > > help

> > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > money

> > > > > > > > > and awareness for the

Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation,

> > but

> > > he

> > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > weights right alongside

our men,"

said. "His

> > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful

gesture on the part of the

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > Department."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a

devastating disease that

> > > involves

> > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > of

> > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often

misdiagnosed, people with

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > experience extreme

discomfort as the air sacs of the

> > > lungs

> > > > > > > > > become replaced by

fibrotic tissue. When the scar

> > forms,

> > > > the

> > > > > > > tissue

> > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an

irreversible loss of the

> > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > ability

> > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into

the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die

every year from Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > United States. More than

200,000 people in the U.S.

> > have

> > > > been

> > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease

and an additional 50,000

are

> > > > > likely

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > ----------------------------------------------------------

------

> >

> >

> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release

Date:

> >

> >

>

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date: 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

Guest guest

married

and the bus

adventure.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

Vinca

jeane7160 wrote:

Hazelton.

> > > > > > > > >

> > towards

> > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

Colby College men's

lacrosse

> > > team

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

to

> > > > raise

> > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > than

annual Bench Press for

Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > >

men's lacrosse team

collected

> > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > that

135 pounds on the bench

> > > press.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > set

> > > campus.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

flyers, and educated the

> > > student

> > > > > > body

> > > > > > > on

> > 135

> > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > as

raise money.

> > > > > > > > >

leader in organizing the

event

> > > and

> > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > man

entire 12-hour event.

> > > > > > > > >

the

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > lacrosse

to Max. He was there for

the

> > > > entire

> > > > > day

> > > pledges

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > coach

> > > > Jon

> > > > > > > >

he has a passion for

being

> > > > > civically

him."

> > > > > > > > >

partner with the

Waterville

> > > > Police

chief Joe Massey on the

venture.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > help

> > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > money

> > but

> > > he

> > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > the

our men,"

said. "His

> > > > > > > > in

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > >

devastating disease that

> > > involves

> > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > of

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > lungs

> > forms,

> > > > the

> > > > > > > tissue

irreversible loss of the

> > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > ability

the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > the

> > have

> > > > been

and an additional 50,000

are

> > > > > likely

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

------

> >

> >

Date:

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

married

and the bus

adventure.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

Vinca

jeane7160 wrote:

Hazelton.

> > > > > > > > >

> > towards

> > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

Colby College men's

lacrosse

> > > team

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

to

> > > > raise

> > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > than

annual Bench Press for

Pulmonary

> > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > >

men's lacrosse team

collected

> > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > that

135 pounds on the bench

> > > press.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > set

> > > campus.

> > > > > The

> > > > > > > team

flyers, and educated the

> > > student

> > > > > > body

> > > > > > > on

> > 135

> > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > as

raise money.

> > > > > > > > >

leader in organizing the

event

> > > and

> > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > man

entire 12-hour event.

> > > > > > > > >

the

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > lacrosse

to Max. He was there for

the

> > > > entire

> > > > > day

> > > pledges

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > coach

> > > > Jon

> > > > > > > >

he has a passion for

being

> > > > > civically

him."

> > > > > > > > >

partner with the

Waterville

> > > > Police

chief Joe Massey on the

venture.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > help

> > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > money

> > but

> > > he

> > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > the

our men,"

said. "His

> > > > > > > > in

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > >

devastating disease that

> > > involves

> > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > of

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > lungs

> > forms,

> > > > the

> > > > > > > tissue

irreversible loss of the

> > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > ability

the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > the

> > have

> > > > been

and an additional 50,000

are

> > > > > likely

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

------

> >

> >

Date:

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Ge I can't imagine anyone being able to get lost anywhere in PA. Our

north/south routes many times run east/west. Not to mention anywhere

else if you make rights at each corner you get back to where you

started except around here. 4 rights sends you in a totally

fifferent direction maybe another county.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k

> > > > towards

> > > > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008

> > > > > > > > > > > from press releases

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's

> > lacrosse

> > > > > team

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined

forces

> > to

> > > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for

> > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team

> > collected

> > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the

bench

> > > > > press.

> > > > > > > The

> > > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > set

> > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the

Colby

> > > > > campus.

> > > > > > > The

> > > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated

the

> > > > > student

> > > > > > > > body

> > > > > > > > > on

> > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then

benched

> > > > 135

> > > > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the

> > event

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > > > man

> > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > " It's clear that this event meant a great deal

to

> > the

> > > > > Colby

> > > > > > > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there

for

> > the

> > > > > > entire

> > > > > > > day

> > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the

most

> > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money, " Colby men's

lacrosse

> > > > coach

> > > > > > Jon

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > said. " Max has proven that he has a passion for

> > being

> > > > > > > civically

> > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud

of

> > him. "

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the

> > Waterville

> > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the

> > venture.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > " I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only

did he

> > > > > help

> > > > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > > > money

> > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis

Foundation,

> > > > but

> > > > > he

> > > > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men, "

> > said. " His

> > > > > > > > > involvement

> > > > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part

of the

> > > > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > > > Department. "

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that

> > > > > involves

> > > > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > > > of

> > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with

> > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs

of the

> > > > > lungs

> > > > > > > > > > gradually

> > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the

scar

> > > > forms,

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > tissue

> > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of

the

> > > > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > > > ability

> > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from

Pulmonary

> > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the

U.S.

> > > > have

> > > > > > been

> > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional

> > are

> > > > > > > likely

> > > > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > ------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com http://www.avg.com>

> > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release

Date:

> > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

------

> >

> >

> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date:

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce ... well I just learned something else new. I didn't even know GPS was available on a cell phone.

I bought Rich a GPS for Christmas. I'd much rather have one on a cell. I'll have to call today and inquire.

Thanks.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

JeaneAfter my illnesses a couple of years ago my sense of direction andconcentration on routes changed. Prior I had been able to go anywhereand never get lost. However, my cell phone is Sprint and I have GPS onit (free in my plan, $10 or so in some). It's such a relief to know thatwherever I am, I can always just pull up where I want to be and getdirections. Also, comes in handy just when out and we suddenly decide tolook for something. Do a search, find it, find directions. Of coursethere are many GPS systems for your car, but I like this because even insomeone else's car its with me plus the price. It sure makes travelingand exploring a lot less stressful.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than $10k> > > > > towards> > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's> > > lacrosse> > > > > > team> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined> forces> > > to> > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for> > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team> > > collected> > > > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the> bench> > > > > > press.> > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > set> > > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the> Colby> > > > > > campus.> > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated> the> > > > > > student> > > > > > > > > body> > > > > > > > > > on> > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then> benched> > > > > 135> > > > > > > > pounds> > > > > > > > > > as> > > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the> > > event> > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > helped> > > > > > > > > > > man> > > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal> to> > > the> > > > > > Colby> > > > > > > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there> for> > > the> > > > > > > entire> > > > > > > > day> > > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the> most> > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's> lacrosse> > > > > coach> > > > > > > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passion for> > > being> > > > > > > > civically> > > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud> of> > > him."> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the> > > Waterville> > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the> > > venture.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only> did he> > > > > > help> > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > money> > > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis> Foundation,> > > > > but> > > > > > he> > > > > > > > > > lifted> > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," > > > said. "His> > > > > > > > > > involvement> > > > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part> of the> > > > > > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that> > > > > > involves> > > > > > > > > > scarring> > > > > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with> > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs> of the> > > > > > lungs> > > > > > > > > > > gradually> > > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the> scar> > > > > forms,> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > tissue> > > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of> the> > > > > > > tissue's> > > > > > > > > > > ability> > > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from> Pulmonary> > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the> U.S.> > > > > have> > > > > > > been> > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional> 50,000> > > are> > > > > > > > likely> > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > ------> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>> > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release> Date:> > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > > ----------------------------------------------------------> ------> > >> > >> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com> > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date:> 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Sher

Depends on the phone and carrier. I'm on Sprint.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than

$10k

> > > > > > towards

> > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research

> > > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008

> > > > > > > > > > > > > from press releases

> > > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's

> > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined

> > forces

> > > > to

> > > > > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for

> > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team

> > > > collected

> > > > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the

> > bench

> > > > > > > press.

> > > > > > > > > The

> > > > > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > > > set

> > > > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the

> > Colby

> > > > > > > campus.

> > > > > > > > > The

> > > > > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and

educated

> > the

> > > > > > > student

> > > > > > > > > > body

> > > > > > > > > > > on

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then

> > benched

> > > > > > 135

> > > > > > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing

the

> > > > event

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > > > > > man

> > > > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > " It's clear that this event meant a great deal

> > to

> > > > the

> > > > > > > Colby

> > > > > > > > > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there

> > for

> > > > the

> > > > > > > > entire

> > > > > > > > > day

> > > > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the

> > most

> > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money, " Colby men's

> > lacrosse

> > > > > > coach

> > > > > > > > Jon

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > said. " Max has proven that he has a passion

for

> > > > being

> > > > > > > > > civically

> > > > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud

> > of

> > > > him. "

> > > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the

> > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the

> > > > venture.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > " I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only

> > did he

> > > > > > > help

> > > > > > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > > > > > money

> > > > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis

> > Foundation,

> > > > > > but

> > > > > > > he

> > > > > > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men, "

> > > > said. " His

> > > > > > > > > > > involvement

> > > > > > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part

> > of the

> > > > > > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Department. "

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease

that

> > > > > > > involves

> > > > > > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > > > > > of

> > > > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people

with

> > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs

> > of the

> > > > > > > lungs

> > > > > > > > > > > > gradually

> > > > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the

> > scar

> > > > > > forms,

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > tissue

> > > > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss

of

> > the

> > > > > > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > > > > > ability

> > > > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from

> > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the

> > U.S.

> > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > been

> > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional

> > 50,000

> > > > are

> > > > > > > > > likely

> > > > > > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > > > ------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com http://www.avg.com>

> > > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release

> > Date:

> > > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > ------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

> > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date:

> > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Glad you are here Gladys, Even happier that Sad is not here. lol

Bruce

does sprint charge you for air time when you use the GPS?

once i did a 1 800 number for something and the charge was unreal because of the length of air timePink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: News ArticleTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 12:27 PM

SherDepends on the phone and carrier. I'm on Sprint.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than$10k> > > > > > towards> > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's> > > > lacrosse> > >

> > > > team> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined> > forces> > > > to> > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for> > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team> > > > collected> > > > > > > > > pledges> >

> > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the> > bench> > > > > > > press.> > > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > set> > > > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the> > Colby> > > > > > > campus.> > > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, andeducated> > the> > > > > > > student> > > > > > > > > > body> > > >

> > > > > > > on> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then> > benched> > > > > > 135> > > > > > > > > pounds> > > > > > > > > > > as> > > > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizingthe> > > > event> > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > helped> > > > > > > > > > > > man> > > > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > >

> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal> > to> > > > the> > > > > > > Colby> > > > > > > > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there> > for> > > > the> > > > > > > > entire> > > > > > > > > day> > > > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the> > most> > > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby

men's> > lacrosse> > > > > > coach> > > > > > > > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passionfor> > > > being> > > > > > > > > civically> > > > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud> > of> > > > him."> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the> > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the> > > >

venture.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only> > did he> > > > > > > help> > > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > > money> > > > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis> > Foundation,> > > > > > but> > > > > > > he> > > > > > > > > > > lifted> > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," > > > > said. "His> > > > > > > > > > > involvement> > > > >

> > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part> > of the> > > > > > > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating diseasethat> > > > > > > involves> > > > > > > > > > > scarring> > > > > > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, peoplewith> > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > >

> > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs> > of the> > > > > > > lungs> > > > > > > > > > > > gradually> > > > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the> > scar> > > > > > forms,> > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > tissue> > > > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible lossof> > the> > > > > > > > tissue's> > > > > > > > > > > > ability> > > > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > >

> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from> > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the> > U.S.> > > > > > have> > > > > > > > been> > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional> > 50,000> > > > are> > > > > > > > > likely> > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > > > > > >

diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > > > ------> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com>> > > >

> > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release> > Date:> > > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > ------> > > >> > > >> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com> > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date:> > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Yes, I saw you are on Sprint. Thanks.

SherDepends on the phone and carrier. I'm on Sprint.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than$10k> > > > > > towards> > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's> > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined> > forces> > > > to> > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for> > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team> > > > collected> > > > > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the> > bench> > > > > > > press.> > > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > set> > > > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the> > Colby> > > > > > > campus.> > > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, andeducated> > the> > > > > > > student> > > > > > > > > > body> > > > > > > > > > > on> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then> > benched> > > > > > 135> > > > > > > > > pounds> > > > > > > > > > > as> > > > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizingthe> > > > event> > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > helped> > > > > > > > > > > > man> > > > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a great deal> > to> > > > the> > > > > > > Colby> > > > > > > > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there> > for> > > > the> > > > > > > > entire> > > > > > > > > day> > > > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the> > most> > > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's> > lacrosse> > > > > > coach> > > > > > > > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passionfor> > > > being> > > > > > > > > civically> > > > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud> > of> > > > him."> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the> > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the> > > > venture.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only> > did he> > > > > > > help> > > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > > money> > > > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis> > Foundation,> > > > > > but> > > > > > > he> > > > > > > > > > > lifted> > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," > > > > said. "His> > > > > > > > > > > involvement> > > > > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part> > of the> > > > > > > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating diseasethat> > > > > > > involves> > > > > > > > > > > scarring> > > > > > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, peoplewith> > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs> > of the> > > > > > > lungs> > > > > > > > > > > > gradually> > > > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the> > scar> > > > > > forms,> > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > tissue> > > > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible lossof> > the> > > > > > > > tissue's> > > > > > > > > > > > ability> > > > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from> > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the> > U.S.> > > > > > have> > > > > > > > been> > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional> > 50,000> > > > are> > > > > > > > > likely> > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > > ------> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>> > > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release> > Date:> > > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > ------> > > >> > > >> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com> > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date:> > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Joyce

I'm on an unlimited sprint plan so I don't pay. However, on other plans

it does count as data as opposed to voice time I believe. Therefore, you

would need data in your plan and it would apply to that.

I'm on the Simply Everything plan and only use my cell phone. I have no

home phone. My cell is $99.99 per month with unlimited voice, long

distance, roaming, text, data, internet, and GPS.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than

> $10k

> > > > > > > towards

> > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > from press releases

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College

men's

> > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined

> > > forces

> > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for

> > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team

> > > > > collected

> > > > > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the

> > > bench

> > > > > > > > press.

> > > > > > > > > > The

> > > > > > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > > > > set

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > campus.

> > > > > > > > > > The

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and

> educated

> > > the

> > > > > > > > student

> > > > > > > > > > > body

> > > > > > > > > > > > on

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then

> > > benched

> > > > > > > 135

> > > > > > > > > > pounds

> > > > > > > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing

> the

> > > > > event

> > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > helped

> > > > > > > > > > > > > man

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour

event.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > " It's clear that this event meant a great

deal

> > > to

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > Colby

> > > > > > > > > > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was

there

> > > for

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > entire

> > > > > > > > > > day

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting

the

> > > most

> > > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money, " Colby men's

> > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > coach

> > > > > > > > > Jon

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. " Max has proven that he has a passion

> for

> > > > > being

> > > > > > > > > > civically

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more

proud

> > > of

> > > > > him. "

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on

the

> > > > > venture.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > " I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not

only

> > > did he

> > > > > > > > help

> > > > > > > > > > raise

> > > > > > > > > > > > > money

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis

> > > Foundation,

> > > > > > > but

> > > > > > > > he

> > > > > > > > > > > > lifted

> > > > > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men, "

> > > > > said. " His

> > > > > > > > > > > > involvement

> > > > > > > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the

part

> > > of the

> > > > > > > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Police

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Department. "

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease

> that

> > > > > > > > involves

> > > > > > > > > > > > scarring

> > > > > > > > > > > > > of

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people

> with

> > > > > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the air

sacs

> > > of the

> > > > > > > > lungs

> > > > > > > > > > > > > gradually

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the

> > > scar

> > > > > > > forms,

> > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > > tissue

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss

> of

> > > the

> > > > > > > > > tissue's

> > > > > > > > > > > > > ability

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis

> > > > > > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in

the

> > > U.S.

> > > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > > been

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional

> > > 50,000

> > > > > are

> > > > > > > > > > likely

> > > > > > > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- ---------

--------- -

> > > > > ------

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com http://www.avg. com>

> > > > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release

> > > Date:

> > > > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------

-

> > > ------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com

> > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release

Date:

> > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Joyce

> $10k

> > > > > > > towards

men's

> > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > forces

> > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > raise

> > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > collected

> > > bench

> > > > > > > > press.

> > > > > > > > > > The

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > campus.

> > > > > > > > > > The

> educated

> > > the

> > > > > > > > student

> > > benched

> > > > > > > 135

> the

> > > > > event

> > > > > > > > and

event.

deal

> > > to

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > Colby

there

> > > for

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > entire

> > > > > > > > > > day

the

> > > most

> > > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > coach

> > > > > > > > > Jon

> for

> > > > > being

proud

> > > of

> > > > > him. "

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > > Police

the

> > > > > venture.

only

> > > did he

> > > > > > > > help

> > > Foundation,

> > > > > > > but

> > > > > > > > he

> > > > > said. " His

part

> > > of the

> that

> > > > > > > > involves

> with

sacs

> > > of the

> > > > > > > > lungs

> > > scar

> > > > > > > forms,

> > > > > > > > > the

> of

> > > the

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > in

the

> > > U.S.

> > > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > > been

> > > 50,000

> > > > > are

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

--------- -

> > > > > ------

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > Date:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

-

> > > ------

> > > > >

> > > > >

Date:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Joyce

> $10k

> > > > > > > towards

men's

> > > > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > > team

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > forces

> > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > raise

> > > > > Pulmonary

> > > > > collected

> > > bench

> > > > > > > > press.

> > > > > > > > > > The

> > > Colby

> > > > > > > > campus.

> > > > > > > > > > The

> educated

> > > the

> > > > > > > > student

> > > benched

> > > > > > > 135

> the

> > > > > event

> > > > > > > > and

event.

deal

> > > to

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > Colby

there

> > > for

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > entire

> > > > > > > > > > day

the

> > > most

> > > > > > > > pledges

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > lacrosse

> > > > > > > coach

> > > > > > > > > Jon

> for

> > > > > being

proud

> > > of

> > > > > him. "

> > > > > Waterville

> > > > > > > > > Police

the

> > > > > venture.

only

> > > did he

> > > > > > > > help

> > > Foundation,

> > > > > > > but

> > > > > > > > he

> > > > > said. " His

part

> > > of the

> that

> > > > > > > > involves

> with

sacs

> > > of the

> > > > > > > > lungs

> > > scar

> > > > > > > forms,

> > > > > > > > > the

> of

> > > the

> > > Pulmonary

> > > > > > > > > > > in

the

> > > U.S.

> > > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > > been

> > > 50,000

> > > > > are

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

--------- -

> > > > > ------

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > Date:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

-

> > > ------

> > > > >

> > > > >

Date:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Wow! what a deal you have w/Sprint, Bruce.

JoyceI'm on an unlimited sprint plan so I don't pay. However, on other plansit does count as data as opposed to voice time I believe. Therefore, youwould need data in your plan and it would apply to that.I'm on the Simply Everything plan and only use my cell phone. I have nohome phone. My cell is $99.99 per month with unlimited voice, longdistance, roaming, text, data, internet, and GPS.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby helps raise more than> $10k> > > > > > > towards> > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > > > > > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby Collegemen's> > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined> > > forces> > > > > to> > > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > > more> > > > > > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for> > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team> > > > > collected> > > > > > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the> > > bench> > > > > > > > press.> > > > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > > set> > > > > > > > > > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the> > > Colby> > > > > > > > campus.> > > > > > > > > > The> > > > > > > > > > > > team> > > > > > > > > > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and> educated> > > the> > > > > > > > student> > > > > > > > > > > body> > > > > > > > > > > > on> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then> > > benched> > > > > > > 135> > > > > > > > > > pounds> > > > > > > > > > > > as> > > > > > > > > > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing> the> > > > > event> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > helped> > > > > > > > > > > > > man> > > > > > > > > > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hourevent.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a greatdeal> > > to> > > > > the> > > > > > > > Colby> > > > > > > > > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > > > > > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He wasthere> > > for> > > > > the> > > > > > > > > entire> > > > > > > > > > day> > > > > > > > > > > > > > supporting his teammates while collectingthe> > > most> > > > > > > > pledges> > > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's> > > lacrosse> > > > > > > coach> > > > > > > > > Jon> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passion> for> > > > > being> > > > > > > > > > civically> > > > > > > > > > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be moreproud> > > of> > > > > him."> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the> > > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey onthe> > > > > venture.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Notonly> > > did he> > > > > > > > help> > > > > > > > > > raise> > > > > > > > > > > > > money> > > > > > > > > > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis> > > Foundation,> > > > > > > but> > > > > > > > he> > > > > > > > > > > > lifted> > > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > > weights right alongside our men," > > > > > said. "His> > > > > > > > > > > > involvement> > > > > > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on thepart> > > of the> > > > > > > > > > Waterville> > > > > > > > > > > > > Police> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease> that> > > > > > > > involves> > > > > > > > > > > > scarring> > > > > > > > > > > > > of> > > > > > > > > > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people> with> > > > > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > > > > > experience extreme discomfort as the airsacs> > > of the> > > > > > > > lungs> > > > > > > > > > > > > gradually> > > > > > > > > > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the> > > scar> > > > > > > forms,> > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > tissue> > > > > > > > > > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss> of> > > the> > > > > > > > > tissue's> > > > > > > > > > > > > ability> > > > > > > > > > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from> > > Pulmonary> > > > > > > > > > Fibrosis> > > > > > > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people inthe> > > U.S.> > > > > > > have> > > > > > > > > been> > > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional> > > 50,000> > > > > are> > > > > > > > > > likely> > > > > > > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > > > > > > be> > > > > > > > > > > > > > diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- ------------------ -> > > > > ------> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com <http://www.avg. com>> > > > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release> > > Date:> > > > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ----------> > > ------> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg. com> > > > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - ReleaseDate:> > > 12/4/2008 8:05 AM> > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

well said Beth

I have a neighbor who went to different docs for about a year and half until someone gave her the dx of PF

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: Re: News ArticleTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 6:50 AM

Patti,

I have no idea. I know that they say the incidence of pulmonary fibrosis is increasing. That of course makes me wonder if they are just getting better at diagnosing it. That has been true of many diseases over the years. I know that there has been a spike in pf in the NYC area since 9/11/01 as so many of the people exposed to the dust from the WTC have ended up with fibrosis.

I'm sure that they're are many people out there with this illness, especially in the early stages who have no idea they have it. Just like many of us they have some sob, cough and fatigue and chalk it up to being a little older and out of shape. That's what I did and I don't think I'm unique. Then for awhile my family doctor diagnosed asthma, bronchitis etc etc until I became so ill I landed in the ER, then strait to the ICU and that's where I was diagnosed accurately.

However, I don't think there is any denying that the incidence of our lung disease is less than something like breast cancer. It is more common and (and this is a really important factor) it is more survivable. With early detection and treatment, women (and men) with breast cancer can go on to have normal healthy lives. There are treatments available for breast cancer. THERE IS NO TREATMENT FOR MOST FORMS OF INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE. That's where the frustration comes in for me. Even early detection for us is of limited value because there's no treatment.

Keep talking everyone, talk to anyone who will listen about this disease. Make some noise!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

From: friend.patti <friend.patti@ yahoo.com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 3:44:41 AMSubject: Re: News Article

MBAre the numbers so low (in comparison with breast cancer) with PF because we are not being diagnosed at the first sign.. I know in my case the xray showed PF in '99 and my doc just said oh, and that was it. Still have the xray result showing that. Nothing was done until i got tired of being short of breath and wanted to keep being active with the grandbabies and kids.That was in 7'06. I'm curious. How many people are out there not knowing.. patti, ipf 7'06, nj> > > > > >> > > > > > Men's Lacrosse: Colby

helps raise more than $10k towards > > > > Pulmonary> > > > > > Fibrosis Research> > > > > > > > > > > > November 28, 2008> > > > > > from press releases> > > > > > > > > > > > WATERVILLE, Maine --- The Colby College men's lacrosse team > > and > > > > the> > > > > > Waterville Police Department recently joined forces to > raise > > > > more > > > > > than> > > > > > $10,000 in the first annual Bench Press for Pulmonary > > Fibrosis.> > > > > > > > > > > > Each member of the Colby men's lacrosse team collected > > pledges > > > > that> > > > > > were for per repetition of 135 pounds on the

bench press. > > The > > > > team > > > > > set> > > > > > up the bench outside Pulver Pavilion on the Colby campus. > > The > > > > team> > > > > > sold bracelets, passed out flyers, and educated the student > > > body > > > > on> > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis. Members of the team then benched 135 > > pounds > > > > as> > > > > > many times as possible to raise money.> > > > > > > > > > > > Junior Max Weiss was a leader in organizing the event and > > > helped > > > > > man> > > > > > the bench press for the entire 12-hour event.> > > > > > > > > > > > "It's clear that this event meant a

great deal to the Colby > > > > > lacrosse> > > > > > family and in particular to Max. He was there for the > entire > > day> > > > > > supporting his teammates while collecting the most pledges > > and > > > > the> > > > > > second most amount of money," Colby men's lacrosse coach > Jon > > > > > > > > > > > said. "Max has proven that he has a passion for being > > civically> > > > > > engaged on campus and I couldn't be more proud of him."> > > > > > > > > > > > also was happy to partner with the Waterville > Police> > > > > > Department and police chief Joe Massey on the venture.> > > > > > > > > > > > "I

cannot thank Chief Massey enough. Not only did he help > > raise > > > > > money> > > > > > and awareness for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation, but he > > > > lifted > > > > > the> > > > > > weights right alongside our men," said. "His > > > > involvement > > > > > in> > > > > > the event was a wonderful gesture on the part of the > > Waterville > > > > > Police> > > > > > Department."> > > > > > > > > > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis is a devastating disease that involves > > > > scarring > > > > > of> > > > > > the lung tissue. Often misdiagnosed, people with Pulmonary > > > > Fibrosis> > >

> > > experience extreme discomfort as the air sacs of the lungs > > > > > gradually> > > > > > become replaced by fibrotic tissue. When the scar forms, > the > > > > tissue> > > > > > becomes thicker causing an irreversible loss of the > tissue's > > > > > ability> > > > > > to transfer oxygen into the bloodstream.> > > > > > > > > > > > Close to 40,000 people die every year from Pulmonary > > Fibrosis > > > in > > > > > the> > > > > > United States. More than 200,000 people in the U.S. have > been> > > > > > diagnosed with the disease and an additional 50,000 are > > likely > > > > to > > > > > be> > > > >

> diagnosed in 2009.> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>