> there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first

> time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to

> duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the

> next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is

> worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this

> entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have

> done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and

> don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to

> something like 8 different things they test for.

>

> And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok

> lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am

> waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I

> really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.

> Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.

>

> Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me

> if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I

> asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that

> was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.

> Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until

> that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.

>

> I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped

> the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the

> year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to

> see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By

> the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my

> shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean

>

Guest guest

Ahh, Jeane I love the spunk you show these

lat people. When you get done with them go for another spend in you new wheels.

Have fun, Bob, York

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bruce Moreland

Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008

1:05 PM

To: Breathe-Support

Subject: Re:

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Jeane

So glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would go

that route as they need to.

I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readings

on two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what I

can. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot to

another mall.

>

> Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and

> each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Really I can spell, You just wouldn’t

know it today

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bob

3:24 PM

Subject: RE: Re:

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Ahh, Jeane I love the spunk you show these lat people. When you get

done with them go for another spend in you new wheels. Have fun, Bob, York

[mailto:Breathe-Support ]

On Behalf Of Bruce Moreland

1:05 PM

Subject: Re:

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Jeane

So glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would go

that route as they need to.

I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readings

on two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what I

can. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot to

another mall.

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Good for you jeane...keep on keepin' on!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to something like 8 different things they test for.And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock. Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living. Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean

Guest guest

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to something like 8 different things they test for.And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock. Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living. Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean

Guest guest

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Guest guest

Bob... yeah, I know the days of the week too but I still called the chat board on Monday. Thursday is our chat day!

RE: Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow

Really I can spell, You just wouldn’t know it today

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bob Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 3:24 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: RE: Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow

Ahh, Jeane I love the spunk you show these lat people. When you get done with them go for another spend in you new wheels. Have fun, Bob, York

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bruce MorelandSent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 1:05 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow

JeaneSo glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would gothat route as they need to.I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readingson two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what Ican. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot toanother mall.>> Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and> each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing> there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first> time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to> duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the> next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is> worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this> entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have> done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and> don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to> something like 8 different things they test for.>> And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok> lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am> waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I> really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.> Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.>> Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me> if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I> asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that> was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.> Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until> that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.>> I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped> the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the> year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to> see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By> the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my> shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean>

Guest guest

Bob... yeah, I know the days of the week too but I still called the chat board on Monday. Thursday is our chat day!

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bob Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 3:24 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: RE: Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow

Ahh, Jeane I love the spunk you show these lat people. When you get done with them go for another spend in you new wheels. Have fun, Bob, York

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bruce MorelandSent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 1:05 PMTo: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow

JeaneSo glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would gothat route as they need to.I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readingson two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what Ican. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot toanother mall.>> Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and> each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing> there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first> time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to> duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the> next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is> worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this> entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have> done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and> don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to> something like 8 different things they test for.>> And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok> lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am> waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I> really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.> Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.>> Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me> if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I> asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that> was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.> Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until> that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.>> I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped> the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the> year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to> see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By> the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my> shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean>

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have my name on the list for " smart keyboards " - you know I am not

sure when they will come out but I really need to have one that says

and spells what you mean not what you are saying and spelling. I

think they will go quickly though. lol

> >

> > Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and

> > each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing

> > there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first

> > time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to

> > duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to

the

> > next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is

> > worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been

this

> > entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have

> > done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am

and

> > don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to

> > something like 8 different things they test for.

> >

> > And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok

> > lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I

am

> > waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I

> > really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.

> > Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.

> >

> > Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told

me

> > if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I

> > asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because

that

> > was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.

> > Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and

until

> > that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.

> >

> > I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window

shopped

> > the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the

> > year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to

> > see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By

> > the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were

in my

> > shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean

> >

>

Guest guest

Jeane

I am really glad to see someone else's description of the PFTs. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes i wonder about the accuracy of them, since they are so difficult to do.

Blow, Blow, Blow, take a deep Breath, take little breaths, breath normal, repeat, repeat, repeat

then we have to wait for the machine to reset

some of the actions make me cough and then the test has to be repeated

wait, breath, blow, deep breath, cough, start all over again

here's a drink of water--sometimes drinking water makes me cough,so it doesn't always help

I wonder how people whose conditions are worse than mine, do the PFTs

they are so difficult

in july 2006 when i went for the 3 day evaluation, the most difficult test that left me the most exhausted was the PFT

even the cardiac cath was easier

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Pulmo visit tomorrowTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:16 AM

Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to something like 8 different things they test for.And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation.

I really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock. Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living. Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter.

Jean

Guest guest

Joyce

You mentioned wondering about the accuracy. Well, individually they

leave quite a bit to be desired in that respect. However, over an

extended period of time they help in showing a trend.

Every piece of equipment is different. The scoring software is

different. Most of all you are different each time. Congestion. How much

eaten. General Tiredness. How awake for those of us no longer morning

people. Even skill in taking the test. I keep my scores on a spreadsheet

going right to left and can see the trends clearly. I can also see a

test last February that we totally dismiss. I needed a smaller

mouthpiece and didn't think about it. But the scores are far below those

of any other date. You can even build a graph from the spreadsheet, but

I haven't.

>

> From: jeane7160 jeane7160@...

> Subject: Pulmo visit tomorrow

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:16 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Joyce

I haven't.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Joyce

I haven't.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Jean,

I have a "three try rule" and I never go over it. The test is to help you and your doctor, not the technician. There are no prizes for completing it so many times you inure your lungs. I tell them in advance that the last time I went over the three rule try I was so wiped out I couldn't drive home or get out of bed for the next three days. When I complained to my pulmo afterwards she was shocked that they made me redo the tests so many times trying to get a "good" score. She said to stop when I was tired and rest, use o2 between tries and to listen to my body. Good luck with the tests. I'll be praying that all goes well. R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Pulmo visit tomorrowTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:16 AM

Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to something like 8 different things they test for.And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation.

I really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock. Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living. Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter.

Jean

Guest guest

Jean,

I have a "three try rule" and I never go over it. The test is to help you and your doctor, not the technician. There are no prizes for completing it so many times you inure your lungs. I tell them in advance that the last time I went over the three rule try I was so wiped out I couldn't drive home or get out of bed for the next three days. When I complained to my pulmo afterwards she was shocked that they made me redo the tests so many times trying to get a "good" score. She said to stop when I was tired and rest, use o2 between tries and to listen to my body. Good luck with the tests. I'll be praying that all goes well. R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Pulmo visit tomorrowTo: Breathe-Support Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:16 AM

Jean

Guest guest

Jean,

Jean

Guest guest

Jean ... what a marvelous attitude you have. That alone will give you power and impetus to keep going.

I've been a peer counselor to seniors in other areas and it is so rewarding. I miss it. I finally just ran out of steam. I'm not able to do the volunteer work anymore and it was such a part of who I am but I think I'm adjusting now.

Keep on keepin' on Jean!

Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow> > > > > Jeane> > So glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would go> that route as they need to.> > I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readings> on two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what I> can. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot to> another mall.> > > >> > Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and> > each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing> > there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first> > time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to> > duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the> > next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is> > worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this> > entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have> > done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and> > don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to> > something like 8 different things they test for.> >> > And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok> > lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am> > waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I> > really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.> > Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.> >> > Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me> > if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I> > asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that> > was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.> > Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until> > that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.> >> > I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped> > the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the> > year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to> > see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By> > the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my> > shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean> >>

Guest guest

Jean ... what a marvelous attitude you have. That alone will give you power and impetus to keep going.

I've been a peer counselor to seniors in other areas and it is so rewarding. I miss it. I finally just ran out of steam. I'm not able to do the volunteer work anymore and it was such a part of who I am but I think I'm adjusting now.

Keep on keepin' on Jean!

Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow> > > > > Jeane> > So glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would go> that route as they need to.> > I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readings> on two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what I> can. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot to> another mall.> > > >> > Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and> > each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing> > there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first> > time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to> > duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the> > next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is> > worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this> > entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have> > done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and> > don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to> > something like 8 different things they test for.> >> > And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok> > lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am> > waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I> > really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.> > Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.> >> > Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me> > if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I> > asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that> > was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.> > Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until> > that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.> >> > I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped> > the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the> > year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to> > see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By> > the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my> > shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean> >>

Guest guest

Here’s one for you to MamaSher,

Or it seemed like all the people around

you just wanted to butt heads...So you can spell Ha!

Have a great day, Bob, York

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Sher Bauman

5:10 PM

Subject: Re: Re:

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Bob... yeah, I know the days of the week

too but I still called the chat board on Monday. Thursday is our chat day!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

Nasturtiums

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

RE: Re:

Pulmo visit tomorrow

Ahh, Jeane I love the spunk you show these lat people. When you get

done with them go for another spend in you new wheels. Have fun, Bob, York

size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>

Guest guest

Bob ... ahhhhh, ain't that sweet? Thanks.

size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>

Guest guest

one time i put the o2 on between tries and the tech said i couldn't do that

she explained why--something about the machine, i forget the exact reason but it made sense at the timePink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

From: jeane7160 <jeane7160 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Pulmo visit tomorrowTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:16 AM

Jean

Guest guest

Jeanne

since your scarring first appeared in '01, you give me a lot of hope

thanksPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania >> Ahh, Jeane I love the spunk you show these lat people. When you get done> with them go for another spend in you new wheels. Have fun, Bob, York> > > > _____ > > From: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> [mailto:Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Bruce Moreland> Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 1:05 PM> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Subject: Re: Pulmo visit tomorrow> > > > > Jeane> > So glad to see the scooter doing so much for you. Wish more would go> that route as they need to.> > I have some of the PFT's I just can't do. Some I've only gotten readings> on two times, but never in current doctor's office. I just do what I> can. I know it will be a tough day, but then tomorrow you can scoot to> another mall.> > > >> > Tomorrow is one of those days I dread. First comes the PFT's and> > each time I go it seems they do more and more extensive testing> >

there. Everytime a different person administers it for the first> > time they have to use their 7 try rule. You have to try 7 times to> > duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to the> > next. Each time they tell me the same thing, consecutive test is> > worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been this> > entire time but they still go by the 7 try rule. After they have> > done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am and> > don't use the 7 try rule. This is good since they are now up to> > something like 8 different things they test for.> >> > And when they have me sufficiently worn down from that they say ok> > lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I am> > waiting for the time I land on the floor with such anticipation. I> >

really want to see if they pick you up and reset their clock.> > Pulmonary lab torture chanber all the same to me.> >> > Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told me> > if he went thru what I do to walk he would not be walking much. I> > asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because that> > was the only thing that might stop me from trying to go on living.> > Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and until> > that is worked out he might as well not consider me gone.> >> > I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window shopped> > the entire mall. It was wonderful especially at this time of the> > year with the little ones all dressed up waiting for their turn to> > see santa. My scooter really has given me a new lease on life. By>

> the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in my> > shoes was the push to get me to get the scooter. Jean> >>

Guest guest

I just got home a little while from the doctor's. Took a detour and

stopped at this wonderful place to have some ribs. I considered it my

reward for going thru the pulmonary function torture and the 6 minute

or till you crook walk.

My functions took a significant drop (10 %) across the board pretty

much. But this is the first real serious drop at one time like that.

My DLCO is now 42% but I refuse to let things get me down. It could be

worse - that could have been my highest # instead of one of the lower

ones. I will still keep on going on and fighting this. Heck sure

beats the alternative. Why waste what time I have left on a pity

party. I knew that there would be tests like this at times. I'm not

happy with it but there is little I can do about it except use it to

make me more determined to fight and find voices to yell about it for

all of us.

Maybe I will figure out a way to contact Obama's office again like I

did before election day. I need to give him something more to think

about besides which fortune 500 company needs a bailout next. We need

a bailout here and now.

Guest guest

Joyce

i use the oxygen in between. i do know for the one they close the

door for with the carbon dioxide i believe, they leave it outside

the door but always have oxygen ready for me and tissues.. Me i just

want oxygen and bed... lol they started at temple having a tech go

through all the testing so they can experience it and know how it

feels. after she had the pfts i asked her and she agreed it was

tough and that's with somewhat good lungs.... patti, ipf 7'06,nj

>

> From: jeane7160

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:16 AM

>

>

>

>

> duplicate each test and only after 7 tries will they move on to

the

> worse than the one before. I tell them that is how it has been

this

> done the entire PFT's to me one time they know that is how I am

and

>

> lets go do the 6 min walk. Yeah, just can't wait for that one. I

am

>

> Then I get to see my doctor. He took a walk with me once and told

me

> asked him if that meant he was hanging a toe tag on me because

that

> Maybe - but I am still working on puter service to graves and

until

>

> I went to the mall for the first time in 6 years and window

shopped

> the way, my doctor's remark about not trying to shop if he were in

my

>