RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

A thought for Today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives….not looking for flaws, but for potential.

Ellen Goodman, journalist I got on the scale this morning and could not believe my eyes. Then I realized I had wine and diet 7up and lasagna for dinner. I could barely make a fist I had so much water retention. I decided to focus on the fact that I lost 30 pounds last year, officially at TOPS and almost 40 unofficially. I am looking at today as not a continuation of not losing more last year but instead a brand new start at a lower weight than last year. Does that make sense.

Instead of continuing my chart I started a new chart. I started a new journal book both walking and food. I'm looking at this as the start of my new journey. I have been focusing on getting under 300 for so long. Now I am putting that all behind me and concentrating on seeing the 250's for the first time in 25 years.

I am emptying out the room in my mind that has all the baggage of failures and slipups and 'just this once'. Poof it is gone. I am looking forward to filling it up with success after success.

"Just Doin' it" Grammy Pat

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.– Gordon,

Guest guest

That's an excellent thought, "Just Doin' It, Grammy Pat"!!!

Every single one of us needs to close the door on last year and open the door to a CLEAN SLATE in this New Year!! All of the TOPS folks have 365 NEW days to accomplish the goals they set for themselves TODAY - - and we KOPS can start TODAY to get to that 5 pounds UNDER GOAL and stay there for the rest of the year!! (The rest of our lives!! - - - as Sansone says!)

Congratulations to all of you who ended the year with a loss! A great big CONGRATULATIONS to those of you who reached your goal and became KOPS this year (we look forward to seeing you graduate at SRD in April) - - - congratulations to the KOPS who hung on to status for another year, and especially to Vernie for her 25 years of showing us how it's done! I love you all - - -

Wishing EVERYONE a happy, healthy, successful weight loss year in 2006!!

Luvya,

Clara

Guest guest

That's an excellent thought, "Just Doin' It, Grammy Pat"!!!

Every single one of us needs to close the door on last year and open the door to a CLEAN SLATE in this New Year!! All of the TOPS folks have 365 NEW days to accomplish the goals they set for themselves TODAY - - and we KOPS can start TODAY to get to that 5 pounds UNDER GOAL and stay there for the rest of the year!! (The rest of our lives!! - - - as Sansone says!)

Congratulations to all of you who ended the year with a loss! A great big CONGRATULATIONS to those of you who reached your goal and became KOPS this year (we look forward to seeing you graduate at SRD in April) - - - congratulations to the KOPS who hung on to status for another year, and especially to Vernie for her 25 years of showing us how it's done! I love you all - - -

Wishing EVERYONE a happy, healthy, successful weight loss year in 2006!!

Luvya,

Clara