Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bob

You don't mention this same cough at other times, but just at bed so I

do think of things other than just your ILD. Now, first, as to your ILD,

what level of oxygen for sleep are you on? You breathe less when asleep

so it could be an issue, if you haven't had an overnight oximeter

lately.

But, now to the other issues. Do you have acid reflux?

>

> Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD Going through my same rotine but something

> changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07

> exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to

> my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out.

> This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop

> and go back to sleep. I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time and

a

> tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my

> dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this

> happening to anybody else.

> Bob 64 York,PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08

>

> Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song

>

Guest guest

Bob,

What you are describing happened to me prior to my being on oxygen which was prior to my diagnosis. I coughed ALL THE TIME and it felt as though I was quite literally coughing up my lungs. My ribs hurt, my abdominal muscles hurt etc and I lived on Halls cough drops. For me the cough largely subsided once I was on O2.

I still cough when I first get up in the morning (productive cough) and anytime my sats drop, even if they only drop from the high 90's to the low 90's, I cough. I think it's my body's early warning system. (Remember the robot on Lost in Space? "Danger, Danger Will " Kind of like that. LOL) Alot of us have discussed that changing our position makes us cough. For example for me getting into the car makes me cough, not getting out, only getting in. Weird.

Do you by any chance have GERD or any type of reflux? Many of us do and they are investigating the association between pulmonary fibrosis and gerd. Gerd can make you cough too. As a matter of fact the cough was my only symptom. It's something you might want to look into.

Do you have the head of your bed elevated? If you don't try that. You can use a wedge pillow or some of us have something called a "mattress genie" which you put under the top of your mattress, it inflates and raises the head of your bed. To see if it helps you can always just put a couple of pillows under the head of your mattress and see if it helps any after a few nights.

It's extremely frustrating, I do understand. I hope that some of this may help a bit. Don't give up!!!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

"Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"

Miss Frizzle

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:55 AMSubject: Coughing

Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD Going through my same rotine but something changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out. This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop and go back to sleep. I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time and a tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this happening to anybody else.Bob 64 York,PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song

Guest guest

Beth, Bruce, Thanks

Acid reflux, I do have but its been under control for 8-10

years using Prevacid 30mg daily AM. My Bed is elevated w/4” blocks &

I always sleep with two pillows under my head as I sleep on my side, usually my

right. I now try and find the side that rattles the least and fall asleep

there. I wish I could remember which side I was on when I woke up coughing. Did

I change positions and start the cough attack? I do start coughing when I get

in the car but always blamed that on the smell of Cigs. My Wife still smokes

but never around me. Its just the smell or maybe not?

Bruce, I get so SOB just sitting

or laughing while playing cards that I have to get up. At one point last night

playing dominoes one couple were happy yaking as to what move should, would,

could, my chest began to tighten up till I had to stop and sit the next hand

out. Is that hypertension? I trying to get a second opinion here. I’m not

on o2, my doc says not even close. Lorazepam 1mg helps but maybe I really need

the overnight study. It’s been years. Thanks again. What am I asking for when

it comes to o2. Right now I have good Insurance. I’ll be on medicare in

May 09. try now or does it matter.

Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD,

From: Breathe-Support [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bob

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008

12:44 AM

To: Breathe-Support

Subject:

Coughing

Going through my same rotine but something

changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07

exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to

my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out.

This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop

and go back to sleep. I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time and a

tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my

dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this

happening to anybody else.

Bob 64 York,PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08

Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song

Guest guest

Bob

With the PF, cough drops and cough meds did nothing.

change in position brings on the cough

prior to being on o2 most of the time, just putting on the o2 would help alleviate the cough

sometimes I need to increase the liters per minute to decrease or stop the cough

or take a deep breath:

Smell the roses, blow out the candles

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: CoughingTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 12:43 AM

Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD Going through my same rotine but something changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out. This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop and go back to sleep. I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time and a tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this happening to anybody else.Bob 64 York,PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song

Guest guest

On the otherside of the coin, how dusty is your bedroom? What condition are your pillows or quilt. I used to cough about 20 mins after laying down before I moved. I also needed to take inhalers and nasal decongestants before going to bed. My house was lovely, but old and dusty, I've never known a house for creating so much dust. Now my flat is considerably less dusty and I don't have the 20 mins after laying down cough, and I don't need the inhaler or nasal drops quite so often. Now I'm aware that I have allergic rhinitis, and this was combined with post nasal drip, which caused the coughing for me. It's possibly worth getting checked out and getting the right treatment for any allergies and intollerances you might have.

Love Ze xx>> Bob,> What you are describing happened to me prior to my being on oxygen which was prior to my diagnosis. I coughed ALL THE TIME and it felt as though I was quite literally coughing up my lungs. My ribs hurt, my abdominal muscles hurt etc and I lived on Halls cough drops. For me the cough largely subsided once I was on O2. > I still cough when I first get up in the morning (productive cough) and anytime my sats drop, even if they only drop from the high 90's to the low 90's, I cough. I think it's my body's early warning system. (Remember the robot on Lost in Space? "Danger, Danger Will " Kind of like that. LOL) Alot of us have discussed that changing our position makes us cough. For example for me getting into the car makes me cough, not getting out, only getting in. Weird. > Do you by any chance have GERD or any type of reflux? Many of us do and they are investigating the association between pulmonary fibrosis and gerd. Gerd can make you cough too. As a matter of fact the cough was my only symptom. It's something you might want to look into.> Do you have the head of your bed elevated? If you don't try that. You can use a wedge pillow or some of us have something called a "mattress genie" which you put under the top of your mattress, it inflates and raises the head of your bed. To see if it helps you can always just put a couple of pillows under the head of your mattress and see if it helps any after a few nights. > > It's extremely frustrating, I do understand. I hope that some of this may help a bit. Don't give up!!!> > Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08 > > "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"> Miss Frizzle> > > > > > ________________________________> To: Breathe-Support > Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:55 AM> Subject: Coughing> > > Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD Going through my same rotine but something > changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07> exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to > my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out. > This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop > and go back to sleep. I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time and a > tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my > dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this > happening to anybody else.> Bob 64 York,PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08> > Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song>

Guest guest

Hi ZZZZZ, how is the new flat ?? Have you found a spot for everything.?? It Lili lovin it? kids adapt so much quicker that we do. Take Care of you. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Guest guest

Before I had the steroid pulse therapy, I was coughing non-stop all day. Since then I do not cough at all and it has been 5 weeks. That alone was worth the treatment. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:31:35 AMSubject: Re: Coughing

Bob,

What you are describing happened to me prior to my being on oxygen which was prior to my diagnosis. I coughed ALL THE TIME and it felt as though I was quite literally coughing up my lungs. My ribs hurt, my abdominal muscles hurt etc and I lived on Halls cough drops. For me the cough largely subsided once I was on O2.

I still cough when I first get up in the morning (productive cough) and anytime my sats drop, even if they only drop from the high 90's to the low 90's, I cough. I think it's my body's early warning system. (Remember the robot on Lost in Space? "Danger, Danger Will " Kind of like that. LOL) Alot of us have discussed that changing our position makes us cough. For example for me getting into the car makes me cough, not getting out, only getting in. Weird.

Do you by any chance have GERD or any type of reflux? Many of us do and they are investigating the association between pulmonary fibrosis and gerd. Gerd can make you cough too. As a matter of fact the cough was my only symptom. It's something you might want to look into.

Do you have the head of your bed elevated? If you don't try that. You can use a wedge pillow or some of us have something called a "mattress genie" which you put under the top of your mattress, it inflates and raises the head of your bed. To see if it helps you can always just put a couple of pillows under the head of your mattress and see if it helps any after a few nights.

It's extremely frustrating, I do understand. I hope that some of this may help a bit. Don't give up!!!

Beth in North Carolina

Miss Frizzle

From: Bob <fastprop (AT) comcast (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:55 AMSubject: Coughing

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Guest guest

Bob,

I know that your doctor feels you don't need O2 but my understanding is that you are being tested while sitting in his office. Is that correct? If so, ask at the very least for a 6 minute walk. What you really would benefit from in my humble opinion is 24 hour oxymetry. That means you'd wear an oximeter for 24 hours and it would get your doctor a record of your sats and heart rate while you are carrying on your normal activities. I suspect it might be very enlightening and could show that there are circumstances under which you need supplementary O2.

I can sit quietly for as long as 30 minutes without O2 and my sats will stay in the mid to high 90's. But as soon as I get up and move around or even if I try to carry on a conversation while sitting, my sats will drop rapidly. Your doctor is looking only at a tiny piece of information and making a universal judgement based on it. It would be in your best interest to insist that more testing be done. Can you switch pulmo's? Have you had any luck getting an app't at Hopkins?

Beth in North Carolina

Miss Frizzle

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:44:28 AMSubject: RE: Coughing

Beth, Bruce, Thanks

Acid reflux, I do have but its been under control for 8-10 years using Prevacid 30mg daily AM. My Bed is elevated w/4” blocks & I always sleep with two pillows under my head as I sleep on my side, usually my right. I now try and find the side that rattles the least and fall asleep there. I wish I could remember which side I was on when I woke up coughing. Did I change positions and start the cough attack? I do start coughing when I get in the car but always blamed that on the smell of Cigs. My Wife still smokes but never around me. Its just the smell or maybe not?

Bruce, I get so SOB just sitting or laughing while playing cards that I have to get up. At one point last night playing dominoes one couple were happy yaking as to what move should, would, could, my chest began to tighten up till I had to stop and sit the next hand out. Is that hypertension? I trying to get a second opinion here. I’m not on o2, my doc says not even close. Lorazepam 1mg helps but maybe I really need the overnight study. It’s been years. Thanks again. What am I asking for when it comes to o2. Right now I have good Insurance. I’ll be on medicare in May 09. try now or does it matter.

Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD,

From: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com [mailto: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Bob Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:44 AMTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Coughing

Going through my same rotine but something changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out. This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop and go back to sleep. I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time and a tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this happening to anybody else.Bob 64 York , PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song

Guest guest

Bob ... no, I don't have a cough like you describe but I know there are others who have/do.

I just want to tell you I'm sorry you have to go through all this!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Coughing

Guest guest

Bob

First, I believe you probably need oxygen. I really think you need an

overnight oximeter plus six minute walk and other tests. Second, you say

the acid reflux has been under control. Can't always tell. The worst

mine ever showed up on an endoscopy I thought it was under control. As

to smoking wife. Each time after smoking does she immediately take her

clothes off, launder them, take a shower, wash her hair, brush her

teeth, use mouthwash? Ok, I know the answer, but for those of us

especially sensitive we do detect a smoker when they walk in from the

outside.

>

> Beth, Bruce, Thanks

>

> Acid reflux, I do have but its been under control for 8-10 years using

> Prevacid 30mg daily AM. My Bed is elevated w/4 " blocks & I always

sleep with

> two pillows under my head as I sleep on my side, usually my right. I

now try

> and find the side that rattles the least and fall asleep there. I wish

I

> could remember which side I was on when I woke up coughing. Did I

change

> positions and start the cough attack? I do start coughing when I get

in the

> car but always blamed that on the smell of Cigs. My Wife still smokes

but

> never around me. Its just the smell or maybe not?

>

> Bruce, I get so SOB just sitting or laughing while playing cards that

I have

> to get up. At one point last night playing dominoes one couple were

happy

> yaking as to what move should, would, could, my chest began to tighten

up

> till I had to stop and sit the next hand out. Is that hypertension? I

trying

> to get a second opinion here. I'm not on o2, my doc says not even

close.

> Lorazepam 1mg helps but maybe I really need the overnight study. It's

been

> years. Thanks again. What am I asking for when it comes to o2. Right

now I

> have good Insurance. I'll be on medicare in May 09. try now or does it

> matter.

>

>

>

> Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD,

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: Breathe-Support

> [mailto:Breathe-Support ] On Behalf Of Bob

> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:44 AM

> To: Breathe-Support

> Subject: Coughing

>

>

>

> Going through my same rotine but something

a

>

>

Guest guest

Hey Peggy,

Nope, not found a place for everything, but we are getting there. I'm still not used to being in such a small place, well, small compared to the house anyway! I've been getting to where, in the words of Dietrich, 'I vant to be alone'! Not for long, but I just can't hide from everyone occasionally anymore! Hurricane Lili is fine and trashing the place the second my back is turned!

Love Ze xx>> Hi ZZZZZ, how is the new flat ?? Have you found a spot for > everything.?? It Lili lovin it? kids adapt so much quicker that we do.> Take Care of you.> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."> > > >

Guest guest

diane

what is steroid pulse therapy?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: CoughingTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 9:59 AM

Before I had the steroid pulse therapy, I was coughing non-stop all day. Since then I do not cough at all and it has been 5 weeks. That alone was worth the treatment. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:31:35 AMSubject: Re: Coughing

Bob,

Beth in North Carolina

Miss Frizzle

From: Bob <fastprop (AT) comcast (DOT) net>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:55 AMSubject: Coughing

Guest guest

Joyce:

I went into the hospital for 3 days and received large doses of steroids intravenously. This was done in an attempt to stop the rapid progression of my fibrosis. Unfortunately, it did not work but it did take away that terrible cough. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:33:18 PMSubject: Re: Coughing

diane

what is steroid pulse therapy?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

From: Diane <dtpaul00 (AT) yahoo (DOT) ca>Subject: Re: CoughingTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 9:59 AM

From: Beth <mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comSent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:31:35 AMSubject: Re: Coughing

Bob,

Beth in North Carolina

Miss Frizzle

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

Guest guest

Hi Pink, Just saw the picture of the three of you at your meeting. Pretty ladies. I am just so jealous. I know you had a good time. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Guest guest

Diane

This is a procedure done much more in Canada and Europe than in the US.

I really think it makes a lot of sense. In some ways it appears to me a

means of seeing if steroids might have an impact without the long term

side effects. However, I haven't found most US doctors very favorable

even in discussing it.

>

> From: Diane dtpaul00 (AT) yahoo (DOT) ca>

> Subject: Re: Coughing

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 9:59 AM

>

>

> Before I had the steroid pulse therapy, I was coughing non-stop all

day. Since then I do not cough at all and it has been 5 weeks. That

alone was worth the treatment.

> Diane

> IPF June 07

> New Brunswick, Canada

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Beth mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>

> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:31:35 AM

> Subject: Re: Coughing

>

>

> Bob,

> What you are describing happened to me prior to my being on oxygen

which was prior to my diagnosis. I coughed ALL THE TIME and it felt as

though I was quite literally coughing up my lungs. My ribs hurt, my

abdominal muscles hurt etc and I lived on Halls cough drops. For me the

cough largely subsided once I was on O2.

> I still cough when I first get up in the morning (productive cough)

and anytime my sats drop, even if they only drop from the high 90's to

the low 90's, I cough. I think it's my body's early warning system.

(Remember the robot on Lost in Space? " Danger, Danger Will "

Kind of like that. LOL) Alot of us have discussed that changing our

position makes us cough. For example for me getting into the car makes

me cough, not getting out, only getting in. Weird.

> Do you by any chance have GERD or any type of reflux? Many of us do

and they are investigating the association between pulmonary fibrosis

and gerd. Gerd can make you cough too. As a matter of fact the cough was

my only symptom. It's something you might want to look into.

> Do you have the head of your bed elevated? If you don't try that. You

can use a wedge pillow or some of us have something called a " mattress

genie " which you put under the top of your mattress, it inflates and

raises the head of your bed. To see if it helps you can always just put

a couple of pillows under the head of your mattress and see if it helps

any after a few nights.

>

> It's extremely frustrating, I do understand. I hope that some of this

may help a bit. Don't give up!!!

>

> Beth in North Carolina

> Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

>

> " Take chances, make mistakes and get messy! "

> Miss Frizzle

>

>

>

>

>

> From: Bob fastprop (AT) comcast (DOT) net>

> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:55 AM

> Subject: Coughing

>

>

> Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD Going through my same rotine but something

a

>

>

>

> Looking for the perfect gift?Give the gift of Flickr!

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________________________

> Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email

the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail and

switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca

>

Guest guest

Ze ... off subject here but want to tell you I know what "small space" means. We live in an apt that is smallish and it's amazing how I've learned to stack, hide and have multiple use.

Take care.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Coughing

Hey Peggy,

Nope, not found a place for everything, but we are getting there. I'm still not used to being in such a small place, well, small compared to the house anyway! I've been getting to where, in the words of Dietrich, 'I vant to be alone'! Not for long, but I just can't hide from everyone occasionally anymore! Hurricane Lili is fine and trashing the place the second my back is turned!

Love Ze xx>> Hi ZZZZZ, how is the new flat ?? Have you found a spot for > everything.?? It Lili lovin it? kids adapt so much quicker that we do.> Take Care of you.> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."> > > >

Guest guest

Bruce:

The best thing about this treatment was that I did not have to suffer with any of the usual nasty side effects of steroids except for playing havoc with my blood sugar (this was the only reason I was admitted to the hospital; otherwise, I would have been treated on an outpatient basis). Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 3:11:59 PMSubject: Re: Coughing

DianeThis is a procedure done much more in Canada and Europe than in the US.I really think it makes a lot of sense. In some ways it appears to me ameans of seeing if steroids might have an impact without the long termside effects. However, I haven't found most US doctors very favorableeven in discussing it.>> From: Diane dtpaul00 (AT) yahoo (DOT) ca>> Subject: Re: Coughing> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 9:59 AM>>> Before I had the steroid pulse therapy, I was coughing non-stop allday. Since then I do not cough at all and it has been 5 weeks. Thatalone was worth the treatment.> Diane

> IPF June 07> New Brunswick, Canada>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Beth mbmurtha (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 8:31:35 AM> Subject: Re: Coughing>>> Bob,> What you are describing happened to me prior to my being on oxygenwhich was prior to my diagnosis. I coughed ALL THE TIME and it felt asthough I was quite literally coughing up my lungs. My ribs hurt, myabdominal muscles hurt etc and I lived on Halls cough drops. For me thecough largely subsided once I was on O2.> I still cough when I first get up in the morning (productive cough)and anytime my sats drop, even if they only drop from the high 90's tothe low 90's, I cough. I think it's my body's early warning system.(Remember the robot on Lost in Space? "Danger,

Danger Will "Kind of like that. LOL) Alot of us have discussed that changing ourposition makes us cough. For example for me getting into the car makesme cough, not getting out, only getting in. Weird.> Do you by any chance have GERD or any type of reflux? Many of us doand they are investigating the association between pulmonary fibrosisand gerd. Gerd can make you cough too. As a matter of fact the cough wasmy only symptom. It's something you might want to look into.> Do you have the head of your bed elevated? If you don't try that. Youcan use a wedge pillow or some of us have something called a "mattressgenie" which you put under the top of your mattress, it inflates andraises the head of your bed. To see if it helps you can always just puta couple of pillows under the head of your mattress and see if it helpsany after a few nights.>> It's extremely frustrating, I do

understand. I hope that some of thismay help a bit. Don't give up!!!>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08>> "Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"> Miss Frizzle>>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> From: Bob fastprop (AT) comcast (DOT) net>> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 12:43:55 AM> Subject: Coughing>>> Bob DX9/12/08 PF,ILD Going through my same rotine but something> changed. With chest rattle an all getting to sleep around 10:55 11:07> exactly at 11:57 I'm waide awake coughing till I am sore from front to> my top. I'm coughing like my lungs were itching and trying to get out.> This goes on for a haft hour 28-33 min. I then take a hall cough drop> and go back to sleep.

I take 1 ambium ashot robotussin night time anda> tessalon pearle. I take the pearle for the cough and I mean I think my> dinner is coming out. I have coughed for a 1/2 hour solid. is this> happening to anybody else.> Bob 64 York,PA DX PF/ILD 9/12/08>> Happy thanksgiving to all and to all a good night LOl wrong song>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> Looking for the perfect gift?Give the gift of Flickr!>>>> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk emailthe boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail andswitch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail. yahoo.ca>

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger