RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Digest Number 2888

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Isn't Reality and TV an oxymoron? Like Military Intelligence? ;-)

Craig

---------------------------------

Brings words and photos together (easily) with

PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

Hi,

I am a speech language pathologist and have been reading the postings in this

group for about a month. What are EPA, ProEFA, ProEPA? Is there any research

that proves it's use is beneficial for children with apraxia of speech and/or

speech delays? What about children with a genetic predisposition for learning

disabilities and/or children who receive EI services from a DI, OT and ST and

may start ABA very soon.

Does it have an effect on behavior or just speech? Any information about this

would be very helpful as I am currently seeing a two year old little girl with

multiple issues and very few true words.

Thank you,

Elissa

wrote:

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: autism clip - " undiagnosis " and ABA

2. Re: neuralogical problem?

3. Re: help!!!

4. ABA and after from Mics school

5. motor planning disorder?

6. Re: autism clip - " undiagnosis " and ABA

7. Re: autism clip - " undiagnosis " and ABA

8. Re: EI question - PA

9. Tanner's riddle (and loose teeth)

10. Re: motor planning disorder?

11. New Member

12. Re: Tanner's riddle (and loose teeth)

13. Re: help!!!

14. speaking with " mouth closed " -- gum has helped!

15. speech services over the summer? (long)

16. Re: autism clip - " undiagnosis " and ABA

17. Re: motor planning disorder?

18. Re: Tanner's riddle (and loose teeth)

19. Re: motor planning disorder?

20. Re: speech services over the summer? (long)

21. Re: motor planning disorder?

22. Re: speaking with " mouth closed " -- gum has helped!

23. IQ testing for speech delayed children...again

24. Re: motor planning disorder? (just me again adding 2 more cents)

25. Re: IQ testing for speech delayed children...again

Message 1

Date: Sun May 21, 2006 0:59pm(PDT)

Subject: Re: autism clip - " undiagnosis " and ABA

This little girl no longer meets the criteria to be labled autistic. They are

going to watch her very close in kindergarden and see how she does.A

behaviorists might beable to give you some ideas to change the slamming doors

repetitive behavior.The door maybe giving the child some kind of input for a

sensory glitch. Im going to ask Mics school director just how many of these kids

are actually going into public school and making it.Mic has a duel diagnosis of

downsyndrome and autism if Mic did not have autism he would be in public school

because they think he is high function downsyndrome and the autism is causing

most of his problems.Mic used to talk and eat he just stopped when he was about

15 months. I use the reroute method with Mic Heres alittle example Mic was

biting and we changed this to kissing so when Mic feels the need to bite he

kisses instead, its working now but this will become inappropiate behavior

sooner or later and we will have to find a more appropiate

way for Mic to get that out. It took maybe 2 weeks of no bite kiss and we

physically showed him. Praise and lots of it for using the kissing if he bit we

would just say no bite and kiss him.If he bit again we say no bite kissy and

show him.They use rewards in ABA and since Mic has no interest in toys or food

they use praise for his reward.it works.Mic went from a 11 month cognitive level

to a 2 year old cognitive level in 6 months.Hope this helps some. Laurie

Guest guest

EPA is:

Eicosapentaenoic acid, or EPA, is a major component of fish oil. It

is a long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid of the n-3 or omega-3

type. EPA is an all cis polyunsaturated fatty acid containing 20

carbons and 5 double bonds. EPA is also known as EPA; C20: 5n-3 and

cis-5, 8, 11, 14,17-eicosapentaenoic acid.

EFA stands for essential fatty acid. ProEFA and ProEPA are brands of

EFA and EPA supplements produced by a company called Nordic Naturals.

I do not know what, if any, clinical research has been done about

these supplements as I am new to the apraxia world, but certainly

anecdotal evidence is that they can have a profound impact on some

kids with apraxia. I think EPA in particular also has mood

stabilizing effects (found a few references to clinical studies in

people with depression) and can help with ADHD too. I suggest you do

a pubmed search for specific literature.

Sue

>

> Hi,

> I am a speech language pathologist and have been reading the

postings in this group for about a month. What are EPA, ProEFA,

ProEPA? Is there any research that proves it's use is beneficial for

children with apraxia of speech and/or speech delays? What about

children with a genetic predisposition for learning disabilities

and/or children who receive EI services from a DI, OT and ST and may

start ABA very soon.

> Does it have an effect on behavior or just speech? Any

information about this would be very helpful as I am currently seeing

a two year old little girl with multiple issues and very few true

words.

> Thank you,

> Elissa

>

Guest guest

Dear All

Did anybody came across Vit B12 overdose or toxicity.

Please let me know dose of sub-lingual Vit B12 is used currently.

Many thanks

Nona

From: " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 17 January 2012, 14:41Subject: Digest Number 2888

Bariatric Nutrition Dietitians

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

1a.

Re: (unknown) From: Strathdee

BCBS of IL policy change (TX, OK, and NM) From: tina musselman

3a.

Re: Medical Weight Loss Program From: friesemas

Kosher protein products From: julielovisa

vitamin deficiency protocols From: scasorg

View All Topics | Create New Topic

1a.

Re: (unknown)

Posted by: " Strathdee" strathdee@... noursh1

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 am (PST)

Sure. I'm in the office on Mo-Tu-Th. My # is 563-421-8361. If I'm with a pt, just leave a message as to the best time to reach you.>>> LaFleur <jlod2 (DOT) com> 1/13/2012 8:00 AM >>>Hi -Would you be willing to chat with me at some point regarding how this was implemented at your facility? Thank you!From: Strathdee <strathdee@genesishe alth.com>bariatricnutritiond ietitians Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:16 AMSubject: Re: [bariatricNutrition Dietitians] (unknown)We just started Optifast at 1200 and 1500 kcal levels. Strathdee, RD, LD, LMHCGenesis Center for Weight ManagementDavenport, IA563-421-8361>>> LaFleur <jlod2 (DOT) com> 1/12/2012 9:09 AM >>>Hello All,Just curious to see if any of your programs offer a Medical Weight Loss option in your program. We are looking to expand our Surgical Weight Loss Program to include a medical component as well and I was hoping that you may be willing to share the specific structure and the type of program you have? Thank you for your time, LaFleur RD, LDNOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication, you are hereby notified that any

dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this email.REMINDER: The disclosure of medical information is strictly prohibited by federal regulation. Unauthorized release of medical information may result in administrative, civil and criminal sanctions.NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,

please notify me immediately by replying to this email.REMINDER: The disclosure of medical information is strictly prohibited by federal regulation. Unauthorized release of medical information may result in administrative, civil and criminal sanctions.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (4)

BCBS of IL policy change (TX, OK, and NM)

Posted by: "tina musselman" tmusselman26@... tmusselman26

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 am (PST)

Just sending out an FYI. On 2/1/12 the new BCBS of Illinois policy will go into effect. I believe this BCBS policy is also the same in New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. They dropped the 6 month pre op medically supervised diet. Tina Musselman RD, CCN, MAFranciscan St. HealthOlympia Fields, IL Bariatric Surgery Program Coordinator Registered Dietitian/Certified Clinical Nutritionist(708) 679-2717 (p)(708) 679-2418 (f)

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

3a.

Re: Medical Weight Loss Program

Posted by: "friesemas" friesemas@... friesemas

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am (PST)

I am also curious as to how other facilities are running their medical weight loss programs. Currently, we have a medical weight loss program at my facility, where the physician and I see each patient monthly. Unfortunately, we are adding more and more patients and can't keep up with seeing all of our surgery patients as well as medical weight loss patients every single month. Has anyone found it productive to incorporate group classes as a means to alleviate seeing all medical weight loss patients monthly? Thanks, Friesema, RD >> Sorry-I sent the previous email without a subject:)> > Hello All,> Just curious to see if any of your programs offer a Medical Weight Loss option in your program. We are looking to expand our Surgical Weight Loss Program to include a medical component as well and I was hoping that you may be willing to share the specific structure and the type of program you have? > Thank you for your time,> LaFleur RD, LD>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3)

Kosher protein products

Posted by: "julielovisa" julielovisa@... julielovisa

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:59 pm (PST)

Does anyone have a list of Kosher protein products? Or any special material that was developed for the bariatric patient who keeps Kosher? Just don't want to re-invent the wheel.Thanks, Lovisa, LSW, RD, CD

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)

vitamin deficiency protocols

Posted by: "scasorg" shannon.sorg@... scasorg

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 am (PST)

Does anyone have vitamin deficiency protocols they would be willing to share for vitamin D, vitamin B12, and iron.

Recent ActivityVisit Your Group

Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Group

to share and learn.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Toolbar now.

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Guest guest

B12 is water soluble - therefore no overdose risk. We always prefer to see high blood assays rather than low, or even low normal. No risk for hi levels and big risk for permanent neurological damage w/ low levels. If blood levels are below 400; best to get MMA levels for more accurate readingSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 17, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Nona Ozerianskaya <nonaozerianskaya@...> wrote:

Dear All

Did anybody came across Vit B12 overdose or toxicity.

Please let me know dose of sub-lingual Vit B12 is used currently.

Many thanks

Nona

From: " " < > Sent: Tuesday, 17 January 2012, 14:41Subject: Digest Number 2888

Bariatric Nutrition Dietitians

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

1a.

Re: (unknown) From: Strathdee

BCBS of IL policy change (TX, OK, and NM) From: tina musselman

3a.

Re: Medical Weight Loss Program From: friesemas

Kosher protein products From: julielovisa

vitamin deficiency protocols From: scasorg

View All Topics | Create New Topic

1a.

Re: (unknown)

Posted by: " Strathdee" strathdee@... noursh1

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 am (PST)

Sure. I'm in the office on Mo-Tu-Th. My # is 563-421-8361. If I'm with a pt, just leave a message as to the best time to reach you.>>> LaFleur <jlod2 (DOT) com> 1/13/2012 8:00 AM >>>Hi -Would you be willing to chat with me at some point regarding how this was implemented at your facility? Thank you!From: Strathdee <strathdee@genesishe alth.com>bariatricnutritiond ietitians Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:16 AMSubject: Re: [bariatricNutrition Dietitians] (unknown)We just started Optifast at 1200 and 1500 kcal levels. Strathdee, RD, LD, LMHCGenesis Center for Weight ManagementDavenport, IA563-421-8361>>> LaFleur <jlod2 (DOT) com> 1/12/2012 9:09 AM >>>Hello All,Just curious to see if any of your programs offer a Medical Weight Loss option in your program. We are looking to expand our Surgical Weight Loss Program to include a medical component as well and I was hoping that you may be willing to share the specific structure and the type of program you have? Thank you for your time, LaFleur RD, LDNOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication, you are hereby notified that any

dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this email.REMINDER: The disclosure of medical information is strictly prohibited by federal regulation. Unauthorized release of medical information may result in administrative, civil and criminal sanctions.NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,

please notify me immediately by replying to this email.REMINDER: The disclosure of medical information is strictly prohibited by federal regulation. Unauthorized release of medical information may result in administrative, civil and criminal sanctions.

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (4)

BCBS of IL policy change (TX, OK, and NM)

Posted by: "tina musselman" tmusselman26@... tmusselman26

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 am (PST)

Just sending out an FYI. On 2/1/12 the new BCBS of Illinois policy will go into effect. I believe this BCBS policy is also the same in New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. They dropped the 6 month pre op medically supervised diet. Tina Musselman RD, CCN, MAFranciscan St. HealthOlympia Fields, IL Bariatric Surgery Program Coordinator Registered Dietitian/Certified Clinical Nutritionist(708) 679-2717 (p)(708) 679-2418 (f)

3a.

Re: Medical Weight Loss Program

Posted by: "friesemas" friesemas@... friesemas

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am (PST)

I am also curious as to how other facilities are running their medical weight loss programs. Currently, we have a medical weight loss program at my facility, where the physician and I see each patient monthly. Unfortunately, we are adding more and more patients and can't keep up with seeing all of our surgery patients as well as medical weight loss patients every single month. Has anyone found it productive to incorporate group classes as a means to alleviate seeing all medical weight loss patients monthly? Thanks, Friesema, RD >> Sorry-I sent the previous email without a subject:)> > Hello All,> Just curious to see if any of your programs offer a Medical Weight Loss option in your program. We are looking to expand our Surgical Weight Loss Program to include a medical component as well and I was hoping that you may be willing to share the specific structure and the type of program you have? > Thank you for your time,> LaFleur RD, LD>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (3)

Kosher protein products

Posted by: "julielovisa" julielovisa@... julielovisa

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:59 pm (PST)

Does anyone have a list of Kosher protein products? Or any special material that was developed for the bariatric patient who keeps Kosher? Just don't want to re-invent the wheel.Thanks, Lovisa, LSW, RD, CD

vitamin deficiency protocols

Posted by: "scasorg" shannon.sorg@... scasorg

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 am (PST)

Does anyone have vitamin deficiency protocols they would be willing to share for vitamin D, vitamin B12, and iron.

Recent ActivityVisit Your Group

Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Group

to share and learn.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Toolbar now.

Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Unsubscribe