RemedySpot.com

Your statistics on Autism are not accurate anymore and we will not give up fighting for our children's health

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Senator Brown,I saw a letter written to Lynn Tetrault (one of your constituents) on an Autism list (I included her original letter and your response at the end of this email). I found it disturbing that your statistics are outdated and you don’t understand that these children with Autism are ill and need medical treatment. Here is are links to an article I wrote with the correct statistics and facts. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/ http://www.autismspectrumgps.com/ Please for the sake of all, read my article. I have been contacted by McCarthy and many others after writing it. They are willing to help and I find it disturbing that you are not listening or have even the smallest understanding of the vast numbers Autism affects. To anyone with a child with Autism, it is obvious you don’t get it. Your ignorance was apparent when you cited old statistics and inaccurate figures. It was extremely condescending when you tried to explain Autism to a mom who lives it daily. My son is recovered an I can’t understand why our representatives continue to ignore the Autism problem. In addition to hurting kids, who could possibly lead productive lives with proper medical intervention, Autism depletes our education system. Currently, we are wasting dollars on kids who really need medical treatment, before rehabilitation can be more effective. Don’t you want to know the real story or the truth about Autism?It is long past time to retire the antiquated belief that Autism is solely a psychiatric and developmental disorder. The truth about Autism is that it is a complex medical condition caused (in most part) by an immune system that is not working properly. Autism is, in fact, treatable. No parent should ever accept that their child cannot be helped. My son is living proof that children can get better. He was given a life sentence filled with no hope of parole when he was only four years old. The psychiatrist, a leading authority on autism, said would most likely end up in an institution. She was wrong. The only institution ever “ended up in” was the university that awarded him an academic scholarship. He graduated magna cum laude. After proper medical treatment and rehabilitation, does all the things “experts” said would never happen. He is a member of the Engineering Honor Society. He joined Sigma Chi Fraternity and was elected president of the Jewish Student Association. NASA picked up most of the tab for his master’s and awarded him a paid summer internship. Here it a link to his presentation where he was chosen out of hundreds to go on their website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-10o3frU1ABut more important than all his academic accomplishments, was just your typical college student. He drank an occasional beer, went on dates, stayed out too late with friends, and then slept through eight o’clock classes. I couldn’t be more proud. Unbelievable as it may seem, this is the same child who wanted to spend all day plugging a portable radio into every outlet in the house. There were mornings I didn’t want to get out of bed only to face another day filled with autism. But, at the end of the day, I was faced with a choice; let drift off forever into his own world, or drag him kicking and screaming into ours. This wasn’t an easy fix or an instant cure. It took years for him to learn everything he missed when he was so sick. Please help us help all children affected and stop ignoring our requests. We’re mad as hell and need to be the voice of those who can’t speak for themselves.Thank you,Marcia Hinds805 497-8202 cell 805 796-8213P. S. My son and I are always available to help you change minds on this subject. Here are the original correspondence between your office and Lynn TetraultDear Senator Brown. I did not write to you to advocate for Autism Awareness because the public has been aware of its existence for years. The reason I wrote is that we need to have leadership because there needs to be a major shift in focus in regards to studying and developing potential treatments for Autism. We can no longer do what we have been doing for years; throwing money at the same old policies and strategies that do not work in helping to close the gap, eliminate cases, and truly help those who have been affected with proper medical treatment. I am linking an article written by Marcia Hinds. She is a parent of a now recovered adult who was diagnosed with Autism at an early age. He was treated medically by Dr. Goldberg out of Tarzana, California. He is one of the few medical doctors who admits that there is a crisis and the work he and his colleagues have done point to an immune-related/complex-viral disorder. The fact that Marcia's son recovered is testament that we need to shift our focus. Doctor Goldberg has had many patients who have experienced a similar type of recovery as . However, this needs to be studied more so that all kids could have this potential.By the way, I personally know Dr. Goldberg because he has been treating my son and Marcia Hinds also. They are legit. The time to act is now. If these numbers continue to rise, we are going to have a society full of members who are not able to financially contribute and require life-time services. We need leadership on this issue now to prevent more cases and hopefully save the current generation of Autistic Children. Here is the link. I hope to hear from you in the future. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/ Sincerely, Lynn Tetrault 49 Eaton Avenue Woburn, MA 01801 (781)999-0841 Thank you for contacting the Office of Senator P. Brown Dear Ms. Tetrault, Thank you for passing along your concerns about people living with autism in our communities. As always, I value your input on this and all issues and appreciate hearing from you. Today, an estimated 1.5 million Americans are affected by autism. According to a 2009 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every 110 children in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, representing a 57 percent increase over the prevalence rate previously reported by the CDC. Families of children with autism face barriers to accessing appropriate medical care, including deficiencies in training for professionals, evidenced-based professional guidelines, and comparative effectiveness research and other evidence-based treatment research. Like you, I recognize the critical impact that these services and programs can have on children and their families. That’s why I cosponsored legislation to reauthorize the Combating Autism Act of 2006 (S. 1094), which would extend monitoring programs at CDC, as well as other vital research and training initiatives at other agencies. The Combating Autism Act maintains a strong commitment to autism research and treatment efforts across federal health agencies. This bill was signed into law by President Obama on September 30, 2011. During my service as a Massachusetts State Senator, I also supported several pieces of legislation, such as an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism and an Act establishing a Tax Credit for Hiring Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, to strengthen the fight against autism in the Commonwealth. As you may know, an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism was signed into law by Governor Deval on August 3, 2010. With help from my wife and daughters, I have made a point of supporting research initiatives and other efforts to fight autism, including staying actively engaged with the work of the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism. With this in mind, please know that I am committed to working with my Senate colleagues to raise awareness surrounding autism and providing necessary funding for important autism research initiatives and programs at the federal level. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov. Sincerely, P. Brown United States Senator

Guest guest

that's because they send " cookie cutter " letters to pacify people like us.....great letter.....hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.....

Dear Senator Brown,I saw a letter written to Lynn Tetrault (one of your constituents) on an Autism list (I included her original letter and your response at the end of this email).  I found it disturbing that your statistics are outdated and you don’t understand that these children with Autism are ill and need medical treatment.  Here is are links to an article I wrote with the correct statistics and facts. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/

http://www.autismspectrumgps.com/ 

Please for the sake of all, read my article.  I have been contacted by McCarthy and many others after writing it.  They are willing to help and I find it disturbing that you are not listening or have even the smallest understanding of the vast numbers Autism affects.  To anyone with a child with Autism, it is obvious you don’t get it.  Your ignorance was apparent when you cited old statistics and inaccurate figures.  It was extremely condescending when you tried to explain Autism to a mom who lives it daily.

My son is recovered an I can’t understand why our representatives continue to ignore the Autism problem.  In addition to hurting kids, who could possibly lead productive lives with proper medical intervention, Autism depletes our education system.   Currently, we are wasting dollars on kids who really need medical treatment, before rehabilitation can be more effective.

Don’t you want to know the real story or the truth about Autism?

It is long past time to retire the antiquated belief that Autism is solely a psychiatric and developmental disorder. The truth about Autism is that it is a complex medical condition caused (in most part) by an immune system that is not working properly. Autism is, in fact, treatable. No parent should ever accept that their child cannot be helped. My son is living proof that children can get better.  He was given a life sentence filled with no hope of parole when he was only four years old.  The psychiatrist, a leading authority on autism, said would most likely end up in an institution.  She was wrong.  The only institution ever “ended up in” was the university that awarded him an academic scholarship.  He graduated magna cum laude. 

After proper medical treatment and rehabilitation, does all the things “experts” said would never happen. He is a member of the Engineering Honor Society.  He joined Sigma Chi Fraternity and was elected president of the Jewish Student Association.  NASA picked up most of the tab for his master’s and awarded him a paid summer internship.  Here it a link to his presentation where he was chosen out of hundreds to go on their website:

But more important than all his academic accomplishments, was just your typical college student.  He drank an occasional beer, went on dates, stayed out too late with friends, and then slept through eight o’clock classes.  I couldn’t be more proud.    

Unbelievable as it may seem, this is the same child who wanted to spend all day plugging a portable radio into every outlet in the house.  There were mornings I didn’t want to get out of bed only to face another day filled with autism.  But, at the end of the day, I was faced with a choice; let drift off forever into his own world, or drag him kicking and screaming into ours. This wasn’t an easy fix or an instant cure. It took years for him to learn everything he missed when he was so sick.  Please help us help all children affected and stop ignoring our requests.  We’re mad as hell and need to be the voice of those who can’t speak for themselves.

Thank you,Marcia Hinds805 497-8202 cell 805 796-8213

P. S.  My son and I are always available to help you change minds on this subject. Here are the original correspondence between your office and Lynn Tetrault

Dear Senator Brown. I did not write to you to advocate for Autism Awareness because the public has been aware of its existence for years.  The reason I wrote is that we need to have leadership because there needs to be a major shift in focus in regards to studying and developing potential treatments for Autism.  We can no longer do what we have been doing for years; throwing money at the same old policies and strategies that do not work in helping to close the gap, eliminate cases, and truly help those who have been affected with proper medical treatment.

I am linking an article written by Marcia Hinds.  She is a parent of a now recovered adult who was diagnosed with Autism at an early age.  He was treated medically by Dr. Goldberg out of Tarzana, California.  He is one of the few medical doctors who admits that there is a crisis and the work he and his colleagues have done point to an immune-related/complex-viral disorder.  The fact

that Marcia's son recovered is testament that we need to shift our focus.  Doctor Goldberg has had many patients who have experienced a similar type of recovery as .  However, this needs to be studied more so that all kids could have this potential.

By the way, I personally know Dr. Goldberg because he has been treating my son and Marcia Hinds also.  They are legit.  The time to act is now. If these numbers continue to rise, we are going to have a society full of members who are not able to

financially contribute and require life-time services.  We need leadership on this issue now to prevent more cases and hopefully save the current generation of Autistic Children.    Here is the link.  I hope to hear from you in the future.  http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/

Sincerely,   Lynn Tetrault 49 Eaton Avenue Woburn, MA 01801 (781)999-0841 Thank you for contacting the Office of Senator P. Brown

Dear Ms. Tetrault,     Thank you for passing along your concerns about people living with autism in our communities.  As always, I value your input on this and all issues and appreciate hearing from you.

Today, an estimated 1.5 million Americans are affected by autism.  According to a 2009 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every 110 children in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, representing a 57 percent increase over the prevalence rate previously reported by the CDC.  Families of children with autism face barriers to accessing appropriate medical care, including deficiencies in training for professionals, evidenced-based professional guidelines, and comparative effectiveness research and other evidence-based treatment research.

Like you, I recognize the critical impact that these services and programs can have on children and their families.  That’s why I cosponsored legislation to reauthorize the Combating Autism Act of 2006 (S. 1094), which would extend monitoring programs at CDC, as well as other vital research and training initiatives at other agencies.  The Combating Autism Act maintains a strong commitment to autism research and treatment efforts across federal health agencies.  This bill was signed into law by President Obama on September 30, 2011.

During my service as a Massachusetts State Senator, I also supported several pieces of legislation, such as an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism and an Act establishing a Tax Credit for Hiring Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, to strengthen the fight against autism in the Commonwealth.  As you may know, an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism was signed into law by Governor Deval on August 3, 2010.  With help from my wife and daughters, I have made a point of supporting research initiatives and other efforts to fight autism, including staying actively engaged with the work of the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism.

With this in mind, please know that I am committed to working with my Senate colleagues to raise awareness surrounding autism and providing necessary funding for important autism research initiatives and programs at the federal level.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me.  If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov.

Sincerely,     P. Brown     United States Senator 

Guest guest

Thank u for still taking up the fight for our babies Sent from my iPod

Dear Senator Brown,I saw a letter written to Lynn Tetrault (one of your constituents) on an Autism list (I included her original letter and your response at the end of this email). I found it disturbing that your statistics are outdated and you don’t understand that these children with Autism are ill and need medical treatment. Here is are links to an article I wrote with the correct statistics and facts. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/ http://www.autismspectrumgps.com/ Please for the sake of all, read my article. I have been contacted by McCarthy and many others after writing it. They are willing to help and I find it disturbing that you are not listening or have even the smallest understanding of the vast numbers Autism affects. To anyone with a child with Autism, it is obvious you don’t get it. Your ignorance was apparent when you cited old statistics and inaccurate figures. It was extremely condescending when you tried to explain Autism to a mom who lives it daily. My son is recovered an I can’t understand why our representatives continue to ignore the Autism problem. In addition to hurting kids, who could possibly lead productive lives with proper medical intervention, Autism depletes our education system. Currently, we are wasting dollars on kids who really need medical treatment, before rehabilitation can be more effective. Don’t you want to know the real story or the truth about Autism?It is long past time to retire the antiquated belief that Autism is solely a psychiatric and developmental disorder. The truth about Autism is that it is a complex medical condition caused (in most part) by an immune system that is not working properly. Autism is, in fact, treatable. No parent should ever accept that their child cannot be helped. My son is living proof that children can get better. He was given a life sentence filled with no hope of parole when he was only four years old. The psychiatrist, a leading authority on autism, said would most likely end up in an institution. She was wrong. The only institution ever “ended up in†was the university that awarded him an academic scholarship. He graduated magna cum laude. After proper medical treatment and rehabilitation, does all the things “experts†said would never happen. He is a member of the Engineering Honor Society. He joined Sigma Chi Fraternity and was elected president of the Jewish Student Association. NASA picked up most of the tab for his master’s and awarded him a paid summer internship. Here it a link to his presentation where he was chosen out of hundreds to go on their website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-10o3frU1ABut more important than all his academic accomplishments, was just your typical college student. He drank an occasional beer, went on dates, stayed out too late with friends, and then slept through eight o’clock classes. I couldn’t be more proud. Unbelievable as it may seem, this is the same child who wanted to spend all day plugging a portable radio into every outlet in the house. There were mornings I didn’t want to get out of bed only to face another day filled with autism. But, at the end of the day, I was faced with a choice; let drift off forever into his own world, or drag him kicking and screaming into ours. This wasn’t an easy fix or an instant cure. It took years for him to learn everything he missed when he was so sick. Please help us help all children affected and stop ignoring our requests. We’re mad as hell and need to be the voice of those who can’t speak for themselves.Thank you,Marcia Hinds805 497-8202 cell 805 796-8213P. S. My son and I are always available to help you change minds on this subject. Here are the original correspondence between your office and Lynn TetraultDear Senator Brown. I did not write to you to advocate for Autism Awareness because the public has been aware of its existence for years. The reason I wrote is that we need to have leadership because there needs to be a major shift in focus in regards to studying and developing potential treatments for Autism. We can no longer do what we have been doing for years; throwing money at the same old policies and strategies that do not work in helping to close the gap, eliminate cases, and truly help those who have been affected with proper medical treatment. I am linking an article written by Marcia Hinds. She is a parent of a now recovered adult who was diagnosed with Autism at an early age. He was treated medically by Dr. Goldberg out of Tarzana, California. He is one of the few medical doctors who admits that there is a crisis and the work he and his colleagues have done point to an immune-related/complex-viral disorder. The fact that Marcia's son recovered is testament that we need to shift our focus. Doctor Goldberg has had many patients who have experienced a similar type of recovery as . However, this needs to be studied more so that all kids could have this potential.By the way, I personally know Dr. Goldberg because he has been treating my son and Marcia Hinds also. They are legit. The time to act is now. If these numbers continue to rise, we are going to have a society full of members who are not able to financially contribute and require life-time services. We need leadership on this issue now to prevent more cases and hopefully save the current generation of Autistic Children. Here is the link. I hope to hear from you in the future. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/ Sincerely, Lynn Tetrault 49 Eaton Avenue Woburn, MA 01801 (781)999-0841 Thank you for contacting the Office of Senator P. Brown Dear Ms. Tetrault, Thank you for passing along your concerns about people living with autism in our communities. As always, I value your input on this and all issues and appreciate hearing from you. Today, an estimated 1.5 million Americans are affected by autism. According to a 2009 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every 110 children in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, representing a 57 percent increase over the prevalence rate previously reported by the CDC. Families of children with autism face barriers to accessing appropriate medical care, including deficiencies in training for professionals, evidenced-based professional guidelines, and comparative effectiveness research and other evidence-based treatment research. Like you, I recognize the critical impact that these services and programs can have on children and their families. That’s why I cosponsored legislation to reauthorize the Combating Autism Act of 2006 (S. 1094), which would extend monitoring programs at CDC, as well as other vital research and training initiatives at other agencies. The Combating Autism Act maintains a strong commitment to autism research and treatment efforts across federal health agencies. This bill was signed into law by President Obama on September 30, 2011. During my service as a Massachusetts State Senator, I also supported several pieces of legislation, such as an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism and an Act establishing a Tax Credit for Hiring Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, to strengthen the fight against autism in the Commonwealth. As you may know, an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism was signed into law by Governor Deval on August 3, 2010. With help from my wife and daughters, I have made a point of supporting research initiatives and other efforts to fight autism, including staying actively engaged with the work of the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism. With this in mind, please know that I am committed to working with my Senate colleagues to raise awareness surrounding autism and providing necessary funding for important autism research initiatives and programs at the federal level. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov. Sincerely, P. Brown United States Senator

Guest guest

nice!

Thank you for contacting the Office of Senator P. Brown

Dear Ms. Tetrault,

Thank you for passing along your concerns about people living with autism in our communities. As always, I value your input on this and all issues and appreciate hearing from you.

Today, an estimated 1.5 million Americans are affected by autism. According to a 2009 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one out of every 110 children in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, representing a 57 percent increase over the prevalence rate previously reported by the CDC. Families of children with autism face barriers to accessing appropriate medical care, including deficiencies in training for professionals, evidenced-based professional guidelines, and comparative effectiveness research and other evidence-based treatment research.

Like you, I recognize the critical impact that these services and programs can have on children and their families. That’s why I cosponsored legislation to reauthorize the Combating Autism Act of 2006 (S. 1094), which would extend monitoring programs at CDC, as well as other vital research and training initiatives at other agencies. The Combating Autism Act maintains a strong commitment to autism research and treatment efforts across federal health agencies. This bill was signed into law by President Obama on September 30, 2011.

During my service as a Massachusetts State Senator, I also supported several pieces of legislation, such as an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism and an Act establishing a Tax Credit for Hiring Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, to strengthen the fight against autism in the Commonwealth. As you may know, an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism was signed into law by Governor Deval on August 3, 2010. With help from my wife and daughters, I have made a point of supporting research initiatives and other efforts to fight autism, including staying actively engaged with the work of the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism.

With this in mind, please know that I am committed to working with my Senate colleagues to raise awareness surrounding autism and providing necessary funding for important autism research initiatives and programs at the federal level.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

P. Brown

United States Senator

Guest guest

Hey Marcia,

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar's granddaughter Mireya has autism. He might care

more than these other politicians. I read an article in the Denver Post about

his granddaughter.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17917113

I posted this same info on the NIDS group, but my postings take forever to

appear there for some reason.

>

> Dear Senator Brown,

>

> I saw a letter written to Lynn Tetrault (one of your constituents) on an

> Autism list (I included her original letter and your response at the end of

> this email).

Guest guest

Hello Marcia;

Saw your great article about autism

on the net and read your amazing story about recovering your son.I am another mother in the very same situation in which you were years ago.My

little 5 yr old has been handed the same death sentence.I have been shouting at the top of my voice ever since but none of the so called experts are listening.Till now my fight has been uphill and solitary with me sitting with the relevant books and websites for hours and then trying out things(homeopathy/biomedical) etc one by one.A trial and error method basically but what I have seen is that he reacts unfavourably to a huge lot os supplements too.

Was your kid too like that?Could you in anyway help me by just sharing which things/treatment/therapy/specialists helped in your case?I'll forever be

grateful.I thank GOD for people like you who not only recoverd their own kid but are fighting for the whole lot of us out here cause the medical system,their knowledge and the glaring lack of it,the support system-----everything else has failed us repeatedly.They don't understand the ABC of it and most importantly are arrogantly unwilling to accept it.I wish they wake up but know they won't so our only help are the other parents out there who have had success.Please,please find some time for me---just a little guideline.

thanking you

ana From: and Marcia Hinds

To: derek9mos@... Cc: sbrown@...; NIDS ; mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 11:38 PM Subject: Your statistics on Autism are not accurate anymore and we will not give up fighting for our children's health

Dear Senator Brown,I saw a letter written to Lynn Tetrault (one of your constituents) on an Autism list (I included her original letter and your response at the end of this email). I found it disturbing that your statistics are outdated and you don’t understand that these children with Autism are ill and need medical treatment. Here is are links to an article I wrote with the correct statistics and facts. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/ http://www.autismspectrumgps.com/ Please for the sake of all, read my article. I have been contacted by McCarthy and many others after writing it. They are willing to help and I find it disturbing that you are not listening or have even the smallest understanding of the vast numbers Autism affects. To anyone with a child with Autism, it is obvious you don’t

get it. Your ignorance was apparent when you cited old statistics and inaccurate figures. It was extremely condescending when you tried to explain Autism to a mom who lives it daily. My son is recovered an I can’t understand why our representatives continue to ignore the Autism problem. In addition to hurting kids, who could possibly lead productive lives with proper medical intervention, Autism depletes our education system. Currently, we are wasting dollars on kids who really need medical treatment, before rehabilitation can be more effective. Don’t you want to know the real story or the truth about

Autism?It is long past time to retire the antiquated belief that Autism is solely a psychiatric and developmental disorder. The truth about Autism is that it is a complex medical condition caused (in most part) by an immune system that is not working properly. Autism is, in fact, treatable. No parent should ever accept that their child cannot be helped. My son is living proof that children can get better. He was given a life sentence filled with no hope of parole when he was only four years old. The psychiatrist, a leading authority on autism, said would most likely end up in an institution. She was wrong. The only institution ever “ended up in†was the university that awarded him an academic scholarship. He graduated magna cum

laude. After proper medical treatment and rehabilitation, does all the things “experts†said would never happen. He is a member of the Engineering Honor Society. He joined Sigma Chi Fraternity and was elected president of the Jewish Student Association. NASA picked up most of the tab for his master’s and awarded him a paid summer internship. Here it a link to his presentation where he was chosen out of hundreds to go on their website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-10o3frU1ABut more important than all his academic accomplishments, was just your typical college

student. He drank an occasional beer, went on dates, stayed out too late with friends, and then slept through eight o’clock classes. I couldn’t be more proud. Unbelievable as it may seem, this is the same child who wanted to spend all day plugging a portable radio into every outlet in the house. There were mornings I didn’t want to get out of bed only to face another day filled with autism. But, at the end of the day, I was faced with a choice; let drift off forever into his own world, or drag him kicking and screaming into ours. This wasn’t an easy fix or an instant cure. It took years for him to learn everything he missed when he was so sick. Please help us help all children affected and stop ignoring our requests. We’re mad as hell and need to be the voice of those who can’t speak for themselves.Thank

you,Marcia Hinds805 497-8202 cell 805 796-8213P. S. My son and I are always available to help you change minds on this subject. Here are the original correspondence between your office and Lynn TetraultDear Senator Brown. I did not write to you to advocate for Autism Awareness because the public has been aware of its existence for years. The reason I wrote is that we need to have leadership because there needs to be a major shift in focus in regards to studying and developing potential treatments for Autism. We can no longer do what we have been doing for years; throwing money at the same old policies and strategies that do not work in helping to close the gap, eliminate cases, and truly help those who have been affected with proper medical

treatment. I am linking an article written by Marcia Hinds. She is a parent of a now recovered adult who was diagnosed with Autism at an early age. He was treated medically by Dr. Goldberg out of Tarzana, California. He is one of the few medical doctors who admits that there is a crisis and the work he and his colleagues have done point to an immune-related/complex-viral disorder. The fact that Marcia's son recovered is testament that we need to shift our focus. Doctor Goldberg has had many patients who have experienced a similar type of recovery as . However, this needs to be studied more so that all kids could have this potential.By the way, I personally know Dr. Goldberg because he has been treating my son and Marcia Hinds also. They are legit. The time to act is now. If these numbers continue to rise, we are going to have a society full of members

who are not able to financially contribute and require life-time services. We need leadership on this issue now to prevent more cases and hopefully save the current generation of Autistic Children. Here is the link. I hope to hear from you in the future. http://www.picktainment.com/blog/2012/04/autism-the-real-story-needs-to-be-told/ Sincerely, Lynn Tetrault 49 Eaton Avenue Woburn, MA 01801 (781)999-0841 Thank you for contacting the Office of Senator P. Brown Dear Ms. Tetrault, Thank you for passing along your concerns about people living with autism in our communities. As always, I value your input on this and all issues and appreciate hearing from you. Today, an estimated 1.5 million Americans are affected by autism. According to a 2009 report from the Centers for Disease

Control and Prevention, one out of every 110 children in the United States has an autism spectrum disorder, representing a 57 percent increase over the prevalence rate previously reported by the CDC. Families of children with autism face barriers to accessing appropriate medical care, including deficiencies in training for professionals, evidenced-based professional guidelines, and comparative effectiveness research and other evidence-based treatment research. Like you, I recognize the critical impact that these services and programs can have on children and their families. That’s why I cosponsored legislation to reauthorize the Combating Autism Act of 2006 (S. 1094), which would extend monitoring programs at CDC, as well as other vital research and training initiatives at other agencies. The Combating Autism Act maintains a strong commitment to autism research and treatment efforts across

federal health agencies. This bill was signed into law by President Obama on September 30, 2011. During my service as a Massachusetts State Senator, I also supported several pieces of legislation, such as an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism and an Act establishing a Tax Credit for Hiring Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, to strengthen the fight against autism in the Commonwealth. As you may know, an Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism was signed into law by Governor Deval on August 3, 2010. With help from my wife and daughters, I have made a point of supporting research initiatives and other efforts to fight autism, including staying actively engaged with the work of the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism. With this in mind, please know that I am committed to working with my Senate colleagues to raise awareness

surrounding autism and providing necessary funding for important autism research initiatives and programs at the federal level. Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. If I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me or visit my website at www.scottbrown.senate.gov. Sincerely, P. Brown United States Senator