The plan has changed - but the materials you have still apply. The plan

is now the

Flex plan. So, instead of a range you have a target based on your

current weight (e.g. 24 points for 175-200). You eat to your target

every day and

then have a bank of 35 additional points you can split any way you like

over the

course of the week. The point values are the same as they were under winning

points (with the exception of a handful of revisions, me thinks).

Mitch

Rhonda wrote:

>Hello everyone,

>I was wondering if the new flex point system is the same as the last system

that WW had. I have the materials such as the dining out companion, complete

food companion, and the points finder. It was the winning points system. Do I

need to buy the new system?

>

>Thanks,

>Rhonda in TX

>

>

Guest guest

There are a few things that have changed, there are no longer ranges. You

now have a daily target point (just add 2 to the bottom number of what was

the old range). You now have 35 flex points (the balance of the old ranges

and APs we used to have under the old programs) to use or not use throughout

the week. Some people are afraid of them, because they look at them as

extra " points, but they're not. When you do the math, they're the same

amount of points we had under the 1-2-3 program. It's just a 14 point

difference. Most folks find that they need to eat at least some of their

flex points to lose. Some can get away with eating all their flex points

and all their APs and still lose. So everyone has to find what works for

them. Even though there's technically no ranges, some folks spread their

flex points out, to give themselves a range and help them stay in control.

The new journal looks like a checkbook, so you subtract instead of add.

There's no longer a cap on how many APs you can earn or eat, but they have

to be used the day you earn them. You can't carry them over anymore. The

fiber cap is still the same. Some of the foods have changed, I know the cup

of uncooked carrots are free again. I don't remember the other changes.

Gymmie in Cali

HBHYGI

There are no friends at 200 MPH

#3 gone, but not forgotten

#45 & #42 gone too young, too soon

Go #62

Go #15

Go #8

God loves us in good times and in bad times. But He is even more real in

our lives when we are having tough times. Coach Joe Gibbs

-- Question

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if the new flex point system is the same as the last system

that WW had. I have the materials such as the dining out companion,

complete food companion, and the points finder. It was the winning points

system. Do I need to buy the new system?

Thanks,

Rhonda in TX

Guest guest

>

> > Subject: Question

> > I am on 10mg amio and have been for about a year. Previously I was

on other

10 mg amiodorone?? The usual dose is 100 - 200 mg. Either you've made an error

or you might as well not take it at all as 10 mg is hardly therapeutic.

Shelby

Guest guest

Hello I had 4 A/C's and then 4 taxol's and I personally think the taxol was worse. I found that taxol gave me increadible bone pain where I didnt get that with the A/C. Its not like that for everyone, just how I experienced it. Regards jayne wrote: Hi Everyone -I had my 4th and what was supposed to be my last A/C treatment today. I talked to the doctor about his reason for extending the treatment by 2 and he told me that we could do an alternate of 4 treatments of Taxol. He said that either way, it would not make that much of a difference in the percentage rate of reoccurence.My question is has anyone had both the A/C and the Taxol and was the

Taxol better?Thank you,_________________________________________________________________Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Hello I had 4 A/C's and then 4 taxol's and I personally think the taxol was worse. I found that taxol gave me increadible bone pain where I didnt get that with the A/C. Its not like that for everyone, just how I experienced it. Regards jayne wrote: Hi Everyone -I had my 4th and what was supposed to be my last A/C treatment today. I talked to the doctor about his reason for extending the treatment by 2 and he told me that we could do an alternate of 4 treatments of Taxol. He said that either way, it would not make that much of a difference in the percentage rate of reoccurence.My question is has anyone had both the A/C and the Taxol and was the

Taxol better?Thank you,_________________________________________________________________Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

Guest guest

Interesting... for me as that is my course of treatment (I'm hoping the onc might go Taxotere instead of Taxol) but will be getting radiation at the same time as the Taxol and both A/C and Taxol will be dose dense. Did you have dose dense? He says I can handle it. Not sure about that. Also concerned about getting to radiation everyday after having Taxol... at least by myself. Did you try any pain meds for the bone pain?

Barb

Re: Question

Hello

I had 4 A/C's and then 4 taxol's and I personally think the taxol was worse. I found that taxol gave me increadible bone pain where I didnt get that with the A/C. Its not like that for everyone, just how I experienced it.

Regards

jayne

wrote:

Hi Everyone -I had my 4th and what was supposed to be my last A/C treatment today. I talked to the doctor about his reason for extending the treatment by 2 and he told me that we could do an alternate of 4 treatments of Taxol. He said that either way, it would not make that much of a difference in the percentage rate of reoccurence.My question is has anyone had both the A/C and the Taxol and was the Taxol better?Thank you,_________________________________________________________________Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

Interesting... for me as that is my course of treatment (I'm hoping the onc might go Taxotere instead of Taxol) but will be getting radiation at the same time as the Taxol and both A/C and Taxol will be dose dense. Did you have dose dense? He says I can handle it. Not sure about that. Also concerned about getting to radiation everyday after having Taxol... at least by myself. Did you try any pain meds for the bone pain?

Barb

Hello

I had 4 A/C's and then 4 taxol's and I personally think the taxol was worse. I found that taxol gave me increadible bone pain where I didnt get that with the A/C. Its not like that for everyone, just how I experienced it.

Regards

jayne

wrote:

Hi Everyone -I had my 4th and what was supposed to be my last A/C treatment today. I talked to the doctor about his reason for extending the treatment by 2 and he told me that we could do an alternate of 4 treatments of Taxol. He said that either way, it would not make that much of a difference in the percentage rate of reoccurence.My question is has anyone had both the A/C and the Taxol and was the Taxol better?Thank you,_________________________________________________________________Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

Barb

Hello

Regards

jayne

wrote:

Guest guest

Barb,

Everyone is different, and although I know you had a bad time your first A/C, don't assume you'll be unable to not only complete the course, but Taxol as well.

I know it unnerved you, that experience you had, but remember that some people don't have the debilitating symptoms that you hear from others. If you want, address the subject of bone pain with your oncologist before you start Taxol about what you can have to prepare you for this possible side effect. It's nothing they haven't heard before.

As for Taxol and radiation combination, the effects of Taxol were short-lived with me - maybe 2-3 days of joint/bone pain, followed by improvement. It isn't a constant thing, although, they become cumulative like most chemotherapy treatments (i.e., first treatment could be 2 days of joint discomfort; second could be three - depends).

See if there is some type of breast cancer program in your area where they provide transporation for patients undergoing treatment. If you send me your city and state, I could help you locate something that may be available in your area. It would just help to give you piece of mind to focus on treatment instead of all the negatives that are worrying you.

Remember: THIS IS TO KEEP YOU WELL - WE DON'T NEED YOU GETTING AN ULCER FROM WORRYING!!!

Hang in there 'sister!

XOXOX

Guest guest

Thanks, . I have a meeting on Thursday with the onc and assume it is to talk about the first treatment so I can give him all the nitty gritty stuff before I get the next treatment right after the office visit. Hopefully between what they have prescribed and what changes they will make during infusion the reaction will be less severe.

I have always been a worry wart, always wanted my ducks in a row before things happen, so if I sounded anxious, I am, but it also helps me to anticipate the unknown rather than go into it blind.

I do have a good circle of friends that will be willing to drive if I need it so I don't think I'll need help with transportation if I can't drive. Onc felt I would be able to drive for the Newlasta shot after my first chemo.... WRONG!!! But then, he didn't expect me to be 6 hours in ER and hopped on drugs either. Driving was WAY out that day, just due to the drugs from the night before. Again, hoping this time will be better.

I feel good NOW, so I know there is an 'other side' even to the dose dense treatment. By the time the last treatment is given, I might have fewer 'good' days, but then I'll be done with this phase.

An ULCER, what's that? <s> It's funny because I did start taking Prilosec about last Tuesday... stomach was way, way to sour not to. Just feel like I'm going from one pill to another.

I think my mind is in a good place.... just needs a little nudging now and then. Thank you.

Barb

Barb,

Everyone is different, and although I know you had a bad time your first A/C, don't assume you'll be unable to not only complete the course, but Taxol as well.

I know it unnerved you, that experience you had, but remember that some people don't have the debilitating symptoms that you hear from others. If you want, address the subject of bone pain with your oncologist before you start Taxol about what you can have to prepare you for this possible side effect. It's nothing they haven't heard before.

As for Taxol and radiation combination, the effects of Taxol were short-lived with me - maybe 2-3 days of joint/bone pain, followed by improvement. It isn't a constant thing, although, they become cumulative like most chemotherapy treatments (i.e., first treatment could be 2 days of joint discomfort; second could be three - depends).

See if there is some type of breast cancer program in your area where they provide transporation for patients undergoing treatment. If you send me your city and state, I could help you locate something that may be available in your area. It would just help to give you piece of mind to focus on treatment instead of all the negatives that are worrying you.

Remember: THIS IS TO KEEP YOU WELL - WE DON'T NEED YOU GETTING AN ULCER FROM WORRYING!!!

Hang in there 'sister!

XOXOX

Guest guest

Thanks, . I have a meeting on Thursday with the onc and assume it is to talk about the first treatment so I can give him all the nitty gritty stuff before I get the next treatment right after the office visit. Hopefully between what they have prescribed and what changes they will make during infusion the reaction will be less severe.

I have always been a worry wart, always wanted my ducks in a row before things happen, so if I sounded anxious, I am, but it also helps me to anticipate the unknown rather than go into it blind.

I do have a good circle of friends that will be willing to drive if I need it so I don't think I'll need help with transportation if I can't drive. Onc felt I would be able to drive for the Newlasta shot after my first chemo.... WRONG!!! But then, he didn't expect me to be 6 hours in ER and hopped on drugs either. Driving was WAY out that day, just due to the drugs from the night before. Again, hoping this time will be better.

I feel good NOW, so I know there is an 'other side' even to the dose dense treatment. By the time the last treatment is given, I might have fewer 'good' days, but then I'll be done with this phase.

An ULCER, what's that? <s> It's funny because I did start taking Prilosec about last Tuesday... stomach was way, way to sour not to. Just feel like I'm going from one pill to another.

I think my mind is in a good place.... just needs a little nudging now and then. Thank you.

Barb

Barb,

Hang in there 'sister!

XOXOX

Guest guest

I did not have reconstruction so it may vary depending on that. My chemo started

about a week or so after my surgery. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my ornaments at:

www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

Lots of breast cancer gifts:

www.cancerclub.com

Angel Feather Loomer

http://angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.com

Question

I am having a double mastectomy on the 17th of july, I was supposed to

have this done on 6-20 but got postponed as the plastic surgen could

not do the reconstruction on the 20th ,any way my question is how long

after surgery do they start chemo Thank You,Sherry ,NY

Guest guest

I did not have reconstruction so it may vary depending on that. My chemo started

Hugs

nne

www.cancerclub.com

Angel Feather Loomer

Question

Guest guest

Hugs

nne

www.cancerclub.com

Angel Feather Loomer

Question

Guest guest

Hi Sherry -

My onc told me that they couldn’t start chemo until my incisions had healed.

That took about 3 months. The only thing he was really concerned about when

it came to that was that I didn’t get an infection from an open wound.

Question

Guest guest

Hi Sherry -

Question

Guest guest

Hi Sherry -

Question

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

I didn't have reconstruction after my mastectomy, but I think they want

to start as soon as the stitches are healing and you're recovering. I

started chemo about 3 weeks after.

-

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

-

Guest guest

Hi Sherry,

-

Guest guest

Hi - my oncologist told me the same thing today - after the incision has healed,

typically 4-6 weeks after surgery but it varies by person.

Janet B.

Question

Guest guest

Hi - my oncologist told me the same thing today - after the incision has healed,

Janet B.

Question

Guest guest

Janet B.

Question

Guest guest

hope your surgery goes well mine is on the 20th a double mastectomy as well...I

wish they could have done it the next day after the news so I am not sitting

home creating monsters in my head ....that surgan I meet with yesterday really

got me going....it was like he was stairing me down I just wanted to cry but

couldn't as he was explaning it all ...and the when he said this surgery is not

100% that it could come back and that I will have at least 8 cemo treatments

plus I think hrt-2? I really should have brought a tape recorder with so I could

relisten to it all it was all a fog....to much at once to take in ...my husband

has not spoken too me sence....even slept in a tent in our back yard last night

,,,,great support huh.....thank God ,my parents came down for a couple days

took my kids and dogs back up north with them....this is my last week at work so

I want to try to put in alittle extra time , well take care nancy in minnesota

Lila Hope wrote: Hi - my oncologist told

me the same thing today - after the incision has healed, typically 4-6 weeks

after surgery but it varies by person.

Janet B.

Question