RemedySpot.com

hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Congrats on picking up your helmet. does have some squint in one eye. We have been twice to adjust. It should not interfere with his field of vision, but may rotate and cause a slight squint. I would always make your ortho aware of this. Ours was corrected yesterday because of redness on his head too. Check for spots like they tell you to. has now started to sleep on his belly and side. When he's on his belly he just turns his head to one side or the other. Honestly it has not bothered him with his sleeping at all. He does have some itching from it so we are looking into that. I think some other parents can offer tips on how to get the stickers to stick better. They put our UM sticker on at the clinic- I'm not sure how but they did.

Talk soon

Kim

Hello> > Hi - I am new to this group as mt 5 /2 month old son is about to be > wearing a helmet - is there anyone out there who can send me some > experiences they have had with these helmets?? > Thanks!> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! > > > > > ---------------------------------> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.>

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out.

Guest guest

Is the squint just temporary? when you take the helmet off he wont have it squinted thereafter will he? I called the ortho today and they said when you come in 2 weeks we can adjust ti if it is still happening. think i should bring it back before the 2 weeks - i guess i will monitor it to see how bad it gets... Where did andrew have redness? tonight is matthew's first night sleeping with it so hopefully it will go well.. this whole ordeal is very stressful for me - am i making a bigger deal than most mothers?Kim Metzger <kkorenchuk@...> wrote: Congrats on picking up your helmet. does have some squint in one eye. We have been twice to adjust. It should not interfere with his field of vision, but may rotate and cause a slight squint. I would always make your ortho aware of this. Ours was corrected yesterday because of redness on his head too. Check for spots like they tell you to. has now started to sleep on his belly and side. When he's on his belly he just turns his head to one side or the other. Honestly it has not bothered him with his sleeping at all. He does have some itching from it so we are looking into that. I think some other parents can offer tips on how to get the stickers to stick better. They put our UM sticker on at the clinic- I'm not sure how but they did. Talk

soon Kim Hello> > Hi - I am new to this group as mt 5 /2 month old son is about to be > wearing a helmet - is there anyone out there who can send me some > experiences they have had with these helmets?? > Thanks!> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! > > > > > ---------------------------------> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yes his squint does go away after taking the helmet off. My ortho also put some padding in the back to prevent rotating which is what was causing his squint. We are very close- about 20 min- away from our ortho so it's easy to go up there anytime. His redness was on his forehead and next to his ear. It did not go away for the full hour so I called the next morning. When in doubt always call or my ortho has an e-mail that he answers quickly so you may ask if that is available to you. How did his first night go? No- you are not making a big deal at all. It's hard to know what to look for and you only want what's best for your child. I hope things went well for you!

Kim

Hello> > Hi - I am new to this group as mt 5 /2 month old son is about to be > wearing a helmet - is there anyone out there who can send me some > experiences they have had with these helmets?? > Thanks!> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! > > > > > ---------------------------------> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.>

Guest guest

Hi Kim, had a great night sleep with the helmet.. Wish I could say it went as well for the mommy - Today I had a hard time.. I just get so upset when I look at him wearing the helmet - its so big and looks so uncomfortable even though he is not showing signs that he is uncomfortable.. I am hoping its just the beginning and as time goes on I will get more used to this - I havent been back to the ortho yet - seems to have no redness as of yet - the only downfall is one of his ears looks smooshed by the helmet compared to the other ear - and the eye thing as well.. Did you take your little one out right away - I will be so mad if I get one negative look or remark - As you can see I am not dealing so well but talking to you all really has been helping. Thanks!Kim Metzger <kkorenchuk@...> wrote: Yes his squint does go away after taking the helmet off. My ortho also put some padding in the back to prevent rotating which is what was causing his squint. We are very close- about 20 min- away from our ortho so it's easy to go up there anytime. His redness was on his forehead and next to his ear. It did not go away for the full hour so I called the next morning. When in doubt always call or my ortho has an e-mail that he answers quickly so you may ask if that is available to you. How did his first night go? No- you are not making a big deal

at all. It's hard to know what to look for and you only want what's best for your child. I hope things went well for you! Kim Hello> > Hi - I am new to this group as mt 5 /2 month old son is about to be > wearing a helmet - is there anyone out there who can send me some > experiences they have had with these helmets?? > Thanks!> > > > > > > >

---------------------------------> With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! > > > > > ---------------------------------> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

It will get easier- promise. We now look at without it and it seems odd- like something's missing. Then I can't believe how much hair he's growing!! You will get some looks- but you probably would have had some anyway because people do love to look at babies. We went to Sam's Club yesterday and my husband has noticed how many women stopped to look at him and the men did not. He claimed that the men just looked at him normal and didn't see a difference- But often it's the women who are looking at babies anyway. Just smile and be sure to give him lots of kisses when you're out in public. I focus on him and really do not see much of anything else!! A little girl did come up to us today at a birthday party and told me that he looked "silly". It kind of made me sad but I just smiled and explained that he was a very silly boy and that he loved to laugh!!

My son also had a smooshed ear -it took 2 trips to get it adjusted correctly. Then he grew and it was smooshed again. It is amazing how fast their little heads grow and change. So check it everyday and don't be surprised if it fits at night and looks different in the morning. Let me know how your first outing went!!!

Kim

Guest guest

hello, we took matthew out on sun - to baby gap and bed bath and beyond where lots of mommy's shop a few people said to us "how cute" and 1 woman said "hi matthew" since his name is on his helmet - we did get a few stares and mumbles - i guess people are curious as to what "is wrong" with that baby - i just think most parents kepp their babies out of the public while wearing the helmet b/c i have never seen any babies out with one - have you? but im not going to do that to my baby - he loves going out - and we always took him everywhere so why should we stop now - but it is really hard - like you said i kept hugging him and kissing him no matter who was looking! but as for matthew, he is doing great with it - sleeping better than he did before it - so lets hope we dont get any problems with it and ill deal with the comments when we are out as long as my little boy is not uncomfortable! as soon as we

upload some pictures ill send to you - we decorated the helmet really cute - talk soon, bethKim Metzger <kkorenchuk@...> wrote: It will get easier- promise. We now look at without it and it seems odd- like something's missing. Then I can't believe how much hair he's growing!! You will get some looks- but you probably would have had some anyway because people do love to look at babies. We went to Sam's Club yesterday and my

husband has noticed how many women stopped to look at him and the men did not. He claimed that the men just looked at him normal and didn't see a difference- But often it's the women who are looking at babies anyway. Just smile and be sure to give him lots of kisses when you're out in public. I focus on him and really do not see much of anything else!! A little girl did come up to us today at a birthday party and told me that he looked "silly". It kind of made me sad but I just smiled and explained that he was a very silly boy and that he loved to laugh!! My son also had a smooshed ear -it took 2 trips to get it adjusted correctly. Then he grew and it was smooshed again. It is amazing how fast their little heads grow and change. So check it everyday and don't be surprised if it fits at night and looks different in the morning. Let me know how your first outing went!!! Kim Hello> > Hi - I am new to this group as mt 5 /2 month old son is about to be > wearing a helmet - is there anyone out there who can send me some > experiences they have had with these helmets?? > Thanks!> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! > > > > > ---------------------------------> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.> Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. See the all-new, redesigned .com. Check it out. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

i dont care about the stares i find it rather funny when ppl almost fall over staring at him but i guess im rather used to ppl staring ( i used to have a shaved head with long bangs when i was in hs and it was usally dyed funky colors). we take simon everywhere he loves going to car club meetings because he gets lots of attention at those and stores, oh how he loves stores, soooo much to look at. the heat doesnt really seem to bother him to much but i makes sure to take the band off wipe him and it off and let his head air out for a bit before we put it back on. the funniest thing i have heard so far was when we were walking back to our car at target and alittle boy saw his band and said oh cool mom he has a hard hat on.

Aron Holwighttp://birds.lemonyfresh.com/gallery/http://b1.lilypie.com/2QXlm7.png

On 8/7/06, blc <bc071172@...> wrote:

hello,

we took matthew out on sun - to baby gap and bed bath and beyond where lots of mommy's shop

a few people said to us " how cute " and 1 woman said " hi matthew " since his name is on his helmet - we did get a few stares and mumbles - i guess people are curious as to what " is wrong " with that baby - i just think most parents kepp their babies out of the public while wearing the helmet b/c i have never seen any babies out with one - have you? but im not going to do that to my baby - he loves going out - and we always took him everywhere so why should we stop now - but it is really hard - like you said i kept hugging him and kissing him no matter who was looking!

but as for matthew, he is doing great with it - sleeping better than he did before it -

so lets hope we dont get any problems with it and ill deal with the comments when we are out as long as my little boy is not uncomfortable!

as soon as we upload some pictures ill send to you - we decorated the helmet really cute -

talk soon,

beth

Kim Metzger <kkorenchuk@...> wrote:

It will get easier- promise. We now look at without it and it seems odd- like something's missing. Then I can't believe how much hair he's growing!! You will get some looks- but you probably would have had some anyway because people do love to look at babies. We went to Sam's Club yesterday and my husband has noticed how many women stopped to look at him and the men did not. He claimed that the men just looked at him normal and didn't see a difference- But often it's the women who are looking at babies anyway. Just smile and be sure to give him lots of kisses when you're out in public. I focus on him and really do not see much of anything else!! A little girl did come up to us today at a birthday party and told me that he looked " silly " . It kind of made me sad but I just smiled and explained that he was a very silly boy and that he loved to laugh!!

My son also had a smooshed ear -it took 2 trips to get it adjusted correctly. Then he grew and it was smooshed again. It is amazing how fast their little heads grow and change. So check it everyday and don't be surprised if it fits at night and looks different in the morning. Let me know how your first outing went!!!

Kim

Hello> > Hi - I am new to this group as mt 5 /2 month old son is about to be > wearing a helmet - is there anyone out there who can send me some > experiences they have had with these helmets?? > Thanks!> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free! It's free! > > > > > ---------------------------------> Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.

>

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs.

Try it free.

See the all-new, redesigned .com.

Check it out.

>

> Hello,

> I am interested in getting ldn for my daughter. She has a rare

> neurological disorder(autoimmune related) and in remission of cancer

> (neuroblastoma). Has anyone in this group gotten ldn for their child?

> If so, what was the outcome? Thanks for any info.

> God Bless,

>

> Jamila

>

=========

Dr. Jaquelyn McCandless uses LDN for Autistic children. How old is your

daughter?

My daughter will be 3 in October. She was diagnosed with neuroblastoma/OMS at 20 months.Bren <b63powell@...> wrote: >> Hello,> I am interested in getting ldn for my daughter. She has a rare > neurological disorder(autoimmune related) and in remission of cancer> (neuroblastoma). Has anyone in this group

gotten ldn for their child? > If so, what was the outcome? Thanks for any info.> God Bless,> > Jamila>=========Dr. Jaquelyn McCandless uses LDN for Autistic children. How old is your daughter?

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

>

> My daughter will be 3 in October. She was diagnosed with

neuroblastoma/OMS at 20 months.

>

=======

For someone as young as your daughter the transdermal LDN would be

best for her. You can apply it to the skin while she is sleeping.

Be sure to use rubber gloves when applying the LDN gel.

TD(Transdermal LDN), a rub on the skin LDN. Dr. Jaquelyn McCandless

has found a TD LDN made with Emu oil that absorbs quickly into the

blood stream for her autistic patients. If you're interested your

pharmacist can contact Coastal Compounding in Savannah, GA, phone

866-354-5188, only a licensed pharmacist may call to get the recipe

for making the TD LDN. Or if you want to order directly from Coastal

Compounding in Savannah, GA, phone 866-354-5188 that's fine also.

The TD LDN is much more costly than capsule, like $64.00 or $68.00.

The TD LDN is applied anywhere on the body like stomach, legs, arms.

And it's applied between the hours of 9pm and 3am.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome !

We have a Hanger band too! At first I was a little put off because they don't have much info out there about Hanger - if ya wanna see what they look like you can look at my dd's website Tallulah Jayne -

Feel free to ask any questions - thats what all us Plagio parents are here for!!!

Where are you located???

JEN

Mommy to 4...and 1 more!!!!

Luli - Tort/Plagio - Hanger Band - CA

"Luli"

www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jens5th/

i love that tullala's middle name Jayne. that is

actually my first name Jayne and my daughters middle

name. it isnt very common so i like to see it when i

do.

jayne

Jayne Klingler

6678 Early Dawn Dr.

West Jordan, UT 84084

(801)967-0267

Our family website and blog

www.nkling.com

Hi , I am new to this group too, but have never posted anything. I just like to come on here and see what everyone has to say. My son is now 9 months old and got his Hanger helmet just a week and a half ago. I think it is taking more of me becoming adjusted to it than my son Brady. He honestly does not mind it at all, and actually almost seems like he enjoys it. It's funny because he is just starting to pull himself into a standing position and falling a lot and the helmet has protected his head from a lot of bangs and bruises... :0) I will admit that I still don't feel very comfortable taking him out places in it, because it is pretty funny looking, but I'm getting over it pretty quickly. Brady had a little rash on his forehead about a week ago, but with a little Aquaphor, and lots of baby powder, it is drying up. The only problem I've really found is that his poor head sweats so much in it...

something I never thought of before he got it. Other than that it's not as bad as I had pictured it. It's almost a regular part of our routine.... hope that helped a little. And good luck! -Suzanne bennettsmom05 <njlock@...> wrote: Hi I am new to this group. I have a 8 month old son that will be getting a Hanger Helmet as soon as we get through all of the insurance stuuf. I was wondering if any of you have experiance with the hanger helmet that you could

share with me. We are going with hanger because they are the only ones in our area. Thank for your help.

All-new - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Hello and welcome to the group. My daughter wore a Hanger Band for 11

weeks and got great correction. You can see her pics in the photos

section under before and after/Hanger Band/ V. With an

experienced Orthotist, you should see great results.

If you have any questions you can also feel free to email me

at ronandjenvelez @ peoplepc.com (no spaces).

Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

Jen :)

(25 mo), tort resolved, Hanger Band Grad

(4.5 years)

>

> Hi I am new to this group. I have a 8 month old son that will be

> getting a Hanger Helmet as soon as we get through all of the

insurance

> stuuf. I was wondering if any of you have experiance with the hanger

> helmet that you could share with me. We are going with hanger

because

> they are the only ones in our area. Thank for your help.

>

• 1 month later...

Hello Trish! Welcome! Read anything by Tony Attwood, he is the leading

expert on AS. A good one I read a LOT is " Why Does Do That? "

OASIS online is a good place for info too. This site is great, very

supportive with parents who have been there and have lots of wonderful

suggestions.

Blessings,

>

> I am new to this group and have a 16 yo ds with Aspergers. He was

dx'ed

> about 1 1/2 years ago so we are still new to this whole thing...

>

• 2 months later...

Welcome Katey -

Located near Knoxville, TN - welcome neighbor!

and the Amazing ZooCrew

[ ] Hello

> I'm new to this group. My name is Katey. I have a 2.5 yr old that

> barely talks. Can someone please fill me in a little about apraxia. I

> though he was just a late talker. I live in East Tennesee and just got

> in a program call East Tennessee Early Intervention. They tested

> to see if he needed speech therapy and if he had any other

> delays. I get the results on Tues. They are gonna be the ones to

> coordinate all his speech therapy and any other things he needs until

> he turns 3 and then he'll be placed in the school system. only

> says Mama, Daddy, Daddoo(papaw), dog, duck, no no, and his new word is

> chh chh (choo choo). He says a few other things but those are the ones

> he says clearly. So...any thoughts on this or advice would be

> great. My oldest son is 8 with severe ADHD. So I know alot about

> that so if I can give any advice about that just let me know. Thank

> you. Katey

>

>

>

>

Welcome Katey -

Located near Knoxville, TN - welcome neighbor!

and the Amazing ZooCrew

[ ] Hello

> I'm new to this group. My name is Katey. I have a 2.5 yr old that

> barely talks. Can someone please fill me in a little about apraxia. I

> though he was just a late talker. I live in East Tennesee and just got

> in a program call East Tennessee Early Intervention. They tested

> to see if he needed speech therapy and if he had any other

> delays. I get the results on Tues. They are gonna be the ones to

> coordinate all his speech therapy and any other things he needs until

> he turns 3 and then he'll be placed in the school system. only

> says Mama, Daddy, Daddoo(papaw), dog, duck, no no, and his new word is

> chh chh (choo choo). He says a few other things but those are the ones

> he says clearly. So...any thoughts on this or advice would be

> great. My oldest son is 8 with severe ADHD. So I know alot about

> that so if I can give any advice about that just let me know. Thank

> you. Katey

>

>

>

>

Katey and

Hello follow TN residents. I'm located in Knoxville. Anything I can

help with just email me direct.

My daughter is apraxic and has had services through TEIS and now the

school system

Katey and

Hello follow TN residents. I'm located in Knoxville. Anything I can

help with just email me direct.

My daughter is apraxic and has had services through TEIS and now the

school system

• 4 weeks later...

Does your hospital have a Wellness Center that would include classes

for Mommy and Me or the local YMCA, etc. My first child brought me so

much anxiety, but classes like these allowed me to vent and socialize

my fears. they also helped my kids by having a sibling class and

relaxing them when the new baby came home.

Living near Freehold, NJ and the CentraState Wellness Center helped me

tremendously. http://www.centrastate.com/body.cfm?id=36 & oTopID=36

Heres a list of Hawaii Hospitals. One of them may be able to direct

you in a parenting class with newborn.

http://www.theagapecenter.com/Hospitals/Hawaii.htm

all the best,

Joanne

Hello

My name is michelle and i have a 3 year old that has a speech delay

and aprexia. He has been and speech therapy since last year and i was

wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions about anything that

i could do at home with him. To improve his vocab.

mom of 3 year old parker

Hi , I'm Anabelle(Donnabella only email name but it's my 5 years old

daughter actually named Donnabelle) about the situation of your daughter is

just like the case of my sister daugther, when she is around 3 years old , her

language is very late and we are worry about, the only solution we had because

we have no financial to do therapy to her or going to the specialist doctor is

taking to the park to play with the other children and always bringing my

daugher in their house to play with and to talk with. And now my sister daughter

is improving

<jmpgriff@...> wrote: Hello

My name is michelle and i have a 3 year old that has a speech delay

and aprexia. He has been and speech therapy since last year and i was

wondering if anyone out there had any suggestions about anything that

i could do at home with him. To improve his vocab.

mom of 3 year old parker

---------------------------------

Tired of spam? has the best spam protection around

http://ph.mail.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Welcome!!!

Can't wait to see pics!

Jen and Luli (15mo.)Left Tort - Right Plagio - Hanger Band Grad - CATallulah Jayne -AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Hi ,

welcome to the group. thanks for sharing your story. we would love to

see a picture of rhiannon. my daughter also wore a starband for brachy

and had great results. she's almost 15 mo too (12/29), but finished

with her band at 10 mo. Her head is not perfect (it started at severe)

but looks pretty normal now.

take care.

-christine

mom to sydney/ 14 mo/ starband grad 10-06

>

> Hi everyone! I have an almost 15 month old baby girl with mild to

> moderate Brachy. She's been Starbanded for about a month now & we saw

> pretty immediate results. The " corners " seemed to soften right away &

> there has been rounding of the flatness in the back but the most

> startling improvement is on top. Now we're waiting for a growth

> spurt. We got the outer space pattern & were suprised to see how

> purple it came out. She took to it the first day & has had no

> problems with it. She was 13.5 months when she finally got the

> helmet, though. So that's about it. I've been lurking for a little

> while now. I'll try to get a pic of Rhiannon in her Starband uploaded

> soon. Here's looking forward to knowing you!

>

Guest guest

- I second that! I'd love to see pics. My son also has

noticeable " corners " still from his brachy, and I am so hoping those

soften out. I'd also love advice from any brachy moms on how their

end results turned out. (Sydney's mom) I know you

mentioned Sydney had no change in CR post-band at her 14 mo (?)

follow up, but I'm wondering if any other moms out there had babies

who maybe DID have some slight improvement still in CR once the band

was done.

n is looking great but still has room for improvement...he's

still pretty flat and square at the top, but he does have a nice

rounding lower down, and he's certainly much better than he used to

be. He's come down a lot and is now only mild-mod on his brachy,

but we are still doing overnight wear for as long as we can, since

he is only 8 months old and still sleeps on his back.

> >

> > Hi everyone! I have an almost 15 month old baby girl with mild

to

> > moderate Brachy. She's been Starbanded for about a month now &

we saw

> > pretty immediate results. The " corners " seemed to soften right

away &

> > there has been rounding of the flatness in the back but the most

> > startling improvement is on top. Now we're waiting for a growth

> > spurt. We got the outer space pattern & were suprised to see

how

> > purple it came out. She took to it the first day & has had no

> > problems with it. She was 13.5 months when she finally got the

> > helmet, though. So that's about it. I've been lurking for a

little

> > while now. I'll try to get a pic of Rhiannon in her Starband

uploaded

> > soon. Here's looking forward to knowing you!

> >

>