RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Good idea?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I've been thinking about consulting with a dietician after the first of the year

to assist me with my IE efforts and get this darn high blood pressure under

control. My doctor said I needed to lose weight so I did, but the BP was just

as high as when I was heavier even with the meds. Go figure! Do you think

seeing a dietician would be beneficial?

I appreciate your thoughts/suggestions. Thanks.

Jeanne

Guest guest

Hello Jeanne,

I also am on meds for my blood pressure. The trick is being on diet is not so great. Because it meaning to limits your foods instead of freedom for your bodies. Only thing I can said drink plenty water. If you don't like that plain boring taste of water. There various flavors you can add to your water so it won't be so plain taste. Of course if you don't feel those health foods considering "diet". To be honest those health foods are not "diet" as many people label such things when they taste so good.

Another thing if you like to excerises. I mean actually enjoy them then you should do some excerises. Excerises help keep your blood pressure down as well your stress level down. Since you know that the stress cause your blood pressure high as well. So, it is not just your weights, foods, or lack of excerises.. Eliza DomingeVolunteer Chat CoordinatorEveryone deserve have a better second chance.Domestic Abuse Helpline for the Men and Womenhttp://dahmw.org/

Guest guest

Thanks, Eliza, for your wise suggestions. I attended Weight Watchers for over a year with hopes of getting off HBP meds and walked about five or six days a week just so I could eat more. Now I guess I've been rebelling since I decided to stop going. I've gotten away from drinking water, and although I really do enjoy walking, I haven't done much of that since we got back from the beach just before Labor Day. You'd never guess to look at me now that I walked the 2008 Atlanta Half Marathon last Thanksgiving! I really know better but have become a slug over the last few months! Of course, besides my laziness, my arthritic toe and the crappy Georgia weather hasn't helped either!

Thanks again,

Jeanne

Jeanne

Guest guest

That is understandable. Being diabetic and having bad feet. I always have cramps feet no matter how many times I have had stretch before and after. However, I didn't give up with no matter what condition weather would be yet I would look at how good or bad weather would be then set up the time. One day I would walk like an hour or so other time I would walk only 15 minutes. Sometimes I even walking around all day long. It is depend on how I feel like up to walking.

I drink some diet soda often yet I still drink water and sometimes I do add flavors to my water when I got so sick to taste nothing but water. I even drink teas. I am better with drinking than with foods. LOL. Really, I do. So, that's what lead me to learn all over again with foods as well with drinks. Eliza DomingeVolunteer Chat CoordinatorEveryone deserve have a better second chance.Domestic Abuse Helpline for the Men and Womenhttp://dahmw.org/

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Thu, December 31, 2009 11:56:56 AMSubject: Re: Good idea?

Thanks, Eliza, for your wise suggestions. I attended Weight Watchers for over a year with hopes of getting off HBP meds and walked about five or six days a week just so I could eat more. Now I guess I've been rebelling since I decided to stop going. I've gotten away from drinking water, and although I really do enjoy walking, I haven't done much of that since we got back from the beach just before Labor Day. You'd never guess to look at me now that I walked the 2008 Atlanta Half Marathon last Thanksgiving! I really know better but have become a slug over the last few months! Of course, besides my laziness, my arthritic toe and the crappy Georgia weather hasn't helped either!

Thanks again,

Jeanne

Jeanne

Guest guest

Well, tomorrow is a new day, the start of a new decade and a good time for new beginnings!

Jeanne

Guest guest

Very true. Though do not push yourself too high expectation for something that

may be take little time slowly to get where you want to go without hurt yourself

and your body.

Eliza

>

> Well, tomorrow is a new day, the start of a new decade and a good time for new

beginnings!

>  

> Jeanne

>