Rate this topic

Guest guest

I thought I did answer that. . .sorry.

If you don't already have dairy in your diet--don't put

it in there. Re a little milk on cereal, can't see where

that would be a problem--but I'd buy the natural milk

(without the BGH in it) While it is a bit more expensive,

it tastes better and lasts longer (probably is not more

expensive in the long run) I use 2%, mainly out of habit.

Magarine is an absolute no--and use butter sparingly (use

a natural butter also) I'm trying to learn to like ghee, which

I make from natural butter--hard, because I love butter.

Eggs have wonderful nutrients so if you like them, do them..

. .and do them soft-boiled, poached or hard-boiled (from range fed chickens of course)

I don't do natural cheeses cause I haven't found any that

taste right yet; natural sour cream is wonderful.

If you do consume dairy products, just be moderate with

most, as you are with anything else. I'm old enough to know

they have no effect on my cholesterol or triglycerides--but I think

this is something you can't be sure of when you are younger--

i.e, they can be doing things that don't show up until you are older.

I'm an a.m. coffee drinker--was much moreso when I first

started downhill on silicone. When at Mayo they gave me

a list of caffeine measurements and it seems that instant

coffee is 1/2 the caffeine as brewed. I firmly believe that

a little coffee first thing in the a.m. cleans out the toxins from

nighttime--faster--and gets things moving. I usually drink two

cups of instant or one cup of brewed; sometimes I do a cup

in the middle of the afternoon. I don't force myself to drink it--

it's a lifetime habit and I still like the taste.

Other than milk and coffee the only other thing I drink is

water. When I was young, soft drinks were not considered

good for children--I think it had something to do with the

polio epidemic or the cocaine that used to be in coke.

I consider it real fortunate that I never got in this habit. Some teas are very good for you--my palate just

doesn't get very excited about tea.

That's it, I think.

Bonnie

Guest guest

That is pretty much my feeling about it too, I am lucky that I live near a dairy farm and the milk and ice cream and stuff is all pretty natural, right from the cows across the street hee hee.

anyhow I guess I will get going now, it is getting late and I need to be up early for my swimming class!

Hugs

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 9:30 PM

Subject: Re: Bonnie

I thought I did answer that. . .sorry. If you don't already have dairy in your diet--don't put it in there. Re a little milk on cereal, can't see where that would be a problem--but I'd buy the natural milk (without the BGH in it) While it is a bit more expensive, it tastes better and lasts longer (probably is not more expensive in the long run) I use 2%, mainly out of habit. Magarine is an absolute no--and use butter sparingly (use a natural butter also) I'm trying to learn to like ghee, which I make from natural butter--hard, because I love butter. Eggs have wonderful nutrients so if you like them, do them.. . .and do them soft-boiled, poached or hard-boiled (from range fed chickens of course) I don't do natural cheeses cause I haven't found any that taste right yet; natural sour cream is wonderful. If you do consume dairy products, just be moderate with most, as you are with anything else. I'm old enough to know they have no effect on my cholesterol or triglycerides--but I think this is something you can't be sure of when you are younger-- i.e, they can be doing things that don't show up until you are older. I'm an a.m. coffee drinker--was much moreso when I first started downhill on silicone. When at Mayo they gave me a list of caffeine measurements and it seems that instant coffee is 1/2 the caffeine as brewed. I firmly believe that a little coffee first thing in the a.m. cleans out the toxins from nighttime--faster--and gets things moving. I usually drink two cups of instant or one cup of brewed; sometimes I do a cup in the middle of the afternoon. I don't force myself to drink it-- it's a lifetime habit and I still like the taste. Other than milk and coffee the only other thing I drink is water. When I was young, soft drinks were not considered good for children--I think it had something to do with the polio epidemic or the cocaine that used to be in coke. I consider it real fortunate that I never got in this habit. Some teas are very good for you--my palate just doesn't get very excited about tea. That's it, I think. Bonnie

Guest guest

You don't have to hate disagreeing--it's what we are all about.

I didn't back that statement with evidence. . .I simply said

"I" firmly believe. I was asked how I felt about it. My body wanted

more of it after ruptured implant removal--and I felt better when

I did what my body wanted; I suspect it was hurrying to remove

things by stimulating the nervous system.

I haven't checked for evidence re coffee in probably twenty years. . .

I know that it came out that although it was touted as bad for one,

no one had ever looked into it. I don't know that they have yet, in

terms of scientific evidence. I do remember reading that it was

the best acetylator scientific medicine has found to date. A lot

of things were publicly revealed 20-30 years ago that disappeared quickly. . .

Although I am fairly conscientious about my health I still find it difficult to sort through all of the info (pro and con) regarding it--

I don't follow just one practitoner's theories and stick to the

fundamentals and my own instincts.

My coffee drinking was started by my old Serbian grandmother

when I was very young; all of her daughters (10) drank it and

so do all of her grandchildren. We are moderate in our consumption;

and, as far as I know, have suffered no ill effects from it. There are no

diseases in my family--I had my first cold when I was 54 and my last

when I was 56 or 57, a time when my immune system was recuping from a silicone onslaught; I have no allergies per conventional testing; I have

never experienced the flu.

The other things about which she was adamant

were raw eggs during illness (oh,yuck) and periodic garlic cloves.

Bonnie

Guest guest

If you are used to coffee--just be moderate with it, like

anything else.

Personally, from what I have read so far, I think soft drinks

are one of the world's worst habits--essentially, chemicals

and sugar. I feel they are at the core of many problems.

Some of my friend's physicians have expressed the need

to eliminate them re bones--it's got something to do

with phosphorous and calcium.

As I told Patty in a different post, I am not familiar with

scientific evidence re coffee. My belief started with my

grandmother and continued with my own observations. . .

and habit.

Compared to all the unknowns out there in terms of toxins,

I can't get down on a little coffee. . .especially, when it's one of only three things that I drink. Everything alive that

we consume does something good and something bad--that

is my personal basis for moderation.

Bonnie

Guest guest

Bonnie, I hate to disagree with you here, but nowhere is there any scientific evidence to support your statement about coffee moving toxins out faster when taken by mouth in the morning. On the contrary, there is much evidence against the drinking of coffee. And any coffee taken should be organically grown.

I use coffee only one way--in the coffee enema as used by Dr. Gerson in his protocol for curing cancer. Coffee enemas have been scientifically proven to remove toxins by dilating the bile ducts and allowing toxic wastes to be more quickly removed via the feces. It also stimulates the production of glutathione. Dr. Kolb includes the coffee enema on her silicone protocol.

I am not trying to tell anyone not to drink coffee if that is what they choose to do, but I only want to clarify the issue of drinking coffee as a way to detox. It just isn't so.

Here's the Gerson organization's professional's view on it:

QUESTION: How does coffee taken orally differ from taking it as a rectal enema?ANSWER: Coffee taken by mouth is a vasoconstrictor causing capillary and bileduct constriction. Drinking coffee is damaging to the stomach due tothe aromatic fatty acids (which are not absorbed through the colon since the aromatics are boiled off in the "coffee enema recipe"preparation). Drinking coffee is an artificial stimulant and appetitesuppressant as well as creating a more acidic environment in the bodywhich is counter productive to healing.When taking the coffee enema, the caffeine and other components act torelax and open the bile ducts releasing toxins (as much as seven timesthe normal rate) from the liver. The glutathione-S transferasesystem is activated as well to enhance the functions of the immunesystem.Simply put, one is health giving and on is not. Choose the "coffeebreak" that is cleansing and supportive. Thousands of people havefound this to be true. The coffee enema is also an excellent methodfor pain relief that is caused by toxic build up in the liver and colon.Remember, Dr. Gerson first developed his Therapy to cure his migraineheadaches.However, a word of caution: any more than one coffee enema a day should be taken with sufficient juices and supplements to maintain ahealthy balance in the body. Dr. Gerson spent many years developing a safe and effective therapy that requires some attention and study by theusers. Still have questions? Check out the Common Questions section of theGerson Institute website:http://www.gerson.org/questions/index.htm

Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 8:30 PM

I thought I did answer that. . .sorry. If you don't already have dairy in your diet--don't put it in there. Re a little milk on cereal, can't see where that would be a problem--but I'd buy the natural milk (without the BGH in it) While it is a bit more expensive, it tastes better and lasts longer (probably is not more expensive in the long run) I use 2%, mainly out of habit. Magarine is an absolute no--and use butter sparingly (use a natural butter also) I'm trying to learn to like ghee, which I make from natural butter--hard, because I love butter. Eggs have wonderful nutrients so if you like them, do them.. . .and do them soft-boiled, poached or hard-boiled (from range fed chickens of course) I don't do natural cheeses cause I haven't found any that taste right yet; natural sour cream is wonderful. If you do consume dairy products, just be moderate with most, as you are with anything else. I'm old enough to know they have no effect on my cholesterol or triglycerides--but I think this is something you can't be sure of when you are younger-- i.e, they can be doing things that don't show up until you are older. I'm an a.m. coffee drinker--was much moreso when I first started downhill on silicone. When at Mayo they gave me a list of caffeine measurements and it seems that instant coffee is 1/2 the caffeine as brewed. I firmly believe that a little coffee first thing in the a.m. cleans out the toxins from nighttime--faster--and gets things moving. I usually drink two cups of instant or one cup of brewed; sometimes I do a cup in the middle of the afternoon. I don't force myself to drink it-- it's a lifetime habit and I still like the taste. Other than milk and coffee the only other thing I drink is water. When I was young, soft drinks were not considered good for children--I think it had something to do with the polio epidemic or the cocaine that used to be in coke. I consider it real fortunate that I never got in this habit. Some teas are very good for you--my palate just doesn't get very excited about tea. That's it, I think. Bonnie

Guest guest

I love coffee so much I have quit it at different times but always seem to end up back on the coffee wagon and I don't know, I mean there is all this stuff that says how bad it is for you, on the one hand, and on the other hand compared to soda pop I don't think it is much worse for sure. I would be interested in knowing more about the statements you have made here about coffee moving toxins out, how do you know about this, is it something you just feel or is there any kind of research about it?

Thanks,

PS I feel no different from drinking coffee, neither good or bad just the same.

Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 9:30 PM

Guest guest

I agree with you and feel the same way about coffee, I grew up with it, part of my heritage I guess, I am also like you Bonnie I don't drink soda never have, or anything else really cept water and some milk occasionally. I used to juice allot but lately I have been slacking on it, I need to get back into it probably.

I also don't feel that I need to follow any one practitioner to the letter either, I feel many are way way too extreme and find that the programs some have are impossible to stick to anyhow.

Well coffee may or may not be bad for you, but I also feel that it isn't going to kill me in moderation. Like everything else in life I guess moderation is the key right?

Take care

Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 10:51 AM

If you are used to coffee--just be moderate with it, like anything else. Personally, from what I have read so far, I think soft drinks are one of the world's worst habits--essentially, chemicals and sugar. I feel they are at the core of many problems. Some of my friend's physicians have expressed the need to eliminate them re bones--it's got something to do with phosphorous and calcium. As I told Patty in a different post, I am not familiar with scientific evidence re coffee. My belief started with my grandmother and continued with my own observations. . . and habit. Compared to all the unknowns out there in terms of toxins, I can't get down on a little coffee. . .especially, when it's one of only three things that I drink. Everything alive that we consume does something good and something bad--that is my personal basis for moderation. Bonnie

Guest guest

Dear Rogene, I am so very sorry to hear about Bonnie, I had many informative emails from her and feel so bad for her being alone.

Rogene I need to talk to you can you please email me back.

Many thanks.

Sue

Bonnie and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.xx

Guest guest

What's going on with Bonnie?

Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 10:08 AM

Hi Sue,

How are you doing? . . . we're traveling right now, but we have full internet access as long as we have time to read it! . . .you can write to saxony01@... . . .It's easier for me to keep up with!

Terrible about Bonnie! . . . I just wonder how many more Bonnies there are who slip through the cracks!

Luv,

Rogene

Guest guest

OMG! Didn't she live here in Vegas? If it is the same Bonnie I am thinking of, she visited me at my house....how awful!

Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 7:04 PM

Bonnie died alone sometime over the Thanksgiving holiday. . . No autopsy was done . . . family couldn't afford it. . . It was surmised that her medication was at fault.

At the time she died, she had nothing. No phone, no computer . . . no job. It was several days before she was found.

Rogene

Guest guest

Thanks Rogene. Hopefully it is not the Bonnie I am thinking of.

Patty

Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 6:27 AM

If I remember correctly, Bonnie moved to Indianapolis. . . I'm no sure where she moved from. She was trying to go back to work. Previously, she had found a job in used car sales that she found miserable .. In Indianapolis she was going to work with someone who did design work on new home - that didn't work out either. . . .assuming I remember all this correctly. I believe she had severe facial scarring from her silicone experience. . . Does that help identify her?

Rogene

Guest guest

Hi Billie-Jo, I want to do a painting related to this whole issue, and then auction it off to raise funds for someone who needs explant but can't afford it..I'd like this to be the start of several fund raising events, maybe set up a trust of sorts women can turn to when in dire straights. I have a few designs in mind, just need to get on top of my current commissions ( another 3 to go) then I can start on that one...just not sure where or how to market this thing, as we don;t have Pay Pal here, so e-bay is not an option..of course, I'll need help from everyone here on deciding who gets the grant and how to decide...ugghh, that's the part I'm dreading , havingto turn some women down...:(

Fiona

Guest guest

I have a pay-pal and ebay account... I could help with that if need be.

I would love to help in some way.

I could always put it on the ebay auction , all you would need to do is email me pictures. They could pay into my paypal and I could send the money out to you.

I know its not easy to trust people with money but its just a thought.

Hugs, Billie-Jo

Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 10:52 PM

Hi Billie-Jo, I want to do a painting related to this whole issue, and then auction it off to raise funds for someone who needs explant but can't afford it..I'd like this to be the start of several fund raising events, maybe set up a trust of sorts women can turn to when in dire straights. I have a few designs in mind, just need to get on top of my current commissions ( another 3 to go) then I can start on that one...just not sure where or how to market this thing, as we don;t have Pay Pal here, so e-bay is not an option..of course, I'll need help from everyone here on deciding who gets the grant and how to decide...ugghh, that's the part I'm dreading , havingto turn some women down...:(

Fiona

Guest guest

Fiona, that is a great idea. I might think of doing that as well....right now I have too many pieces to work on...a gallery just contacted me and they want several pieces to display and sell. Are you an artist by profession or hobby?

Reply-

Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:52:47 +0200

< >

Fiona

Guest guest

Glad to hear you're busy ! :) Hobby, but I guess I could make a living from it if I needed to.

Fiona

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 6:08 PM

Fiona, that is a great idea. I might think of doing that as well....right now I have too many pieces to work on...a gallery just contacted me and they want several pieces to display and sell. Are you an artist by profession or hobby?

From: "Fiona Parkinson" <fionap@...>Reply- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:52:47 +0200< >Subject: Re: Bonnie

Hi Billie-Jo, I want to do a painting related to this whole issue, and then auction it off to raise funds for someone who needs explant but can't afford it..I'd like this to be the start of several fund raising events, maybe set up a trust of sorts women can turn to when in dire straights. I have a few designs in mind, just need to get on top of my current commissions ( another 3 to go) then I can start on that one...just not sure where or how to market this thing, as we don;t have Pay Pal here, so e-bay is not an option..of course, I'll need help from everyone here on deciding who gets the grant and how to decide...ugghh, that's the part I'm dreading , havingto turn some women down...:(Fiona

Guest guest

Thanks Billie-Jo, that;s a great idea !

Fiona

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 6:05 PM

I could always put it on the ebay auction , all you would need to do is email me pictures. They could pay into my paypal and I could send the money out to you.

Hugs, Billie-Jo

Fiona

Guest guest

You are welcome.. just keep me in mind if you need help.

Also would like to help in any other way if you need it... I am a photographer if there is any need there also.

Hugs, Billie-Jo

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 9:55 AM

Thanks Billie-Jo, that;s a great idea !

Fiona

Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 6:05 PM

Hugs, Billie-Jo

Fiona

Guest guest

Hello and welcome! I think that you find this group to be the real

deal. You have come to the right place. The tremenous support is

overwhelming and the information posted is outstanding! I'm glad that

you are here. Sorry about the DX. It can be all so tramatic at

times. If you need to vent - you go right ahead! We all do at some

time or another. I just wanted to say hello and welcome! I hope that

today is a good day for you! Take care and God Bless! Kim

PS: Keep venting!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

Hello and welcome! I think that you find this group to be the real

deal. You have come to the right place. The tremenous support is

overwhelming and the information posted is outstanding! I'm glad that

you are here. Sorry about the DX. It can be all so tramatic at

times. If you need to vent - you go right ahead! We all do at some

time or another. I just wanted to say hello and welcome! I hope that

today is a good day for you! Take care and God Bless! Kim

PS: Keep venting!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

Kathy,

No problem!

We also just returned from visiting kids - it's exhausting!

Bonnie

[ ] Bonnie

Bonnie,I found your story! I'm sorry, but my brain is still a little fuzzy. We took a trip to visit the kids over the weekend and I am still not recovered!Kathy

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie:

Elbow pain is one of my biggest complaints. My doctor

recently started to lower my Mtx dosage because I was

doing so well, and one of the first places I began to

have pain was my elbows. I like to use rice socks -

they are easy to make, microwave fast, and mold to the

joints well giving good heat coverage. Don't know

what exactly you can do to keep the mobility other

than gentle stretching motion of your elbow - maybe

try it after you have warmed your elbow and that might

work better.

Kathe in CA

--- bhudick <bhudick@...> wrote:

> Hi all - does anyone else have it bad in one elbow?

> With all the meds

> I'm on - my left elbow is getting worse - very

> swollen and doesn't go

> straight anymore - just wondering what might help?

>

> Thanks!

>

> Bonnie in CT

>

>

>

>

>

Kathe in CA

Start your day with - make it your home page

http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie:

Elbow pain is one of my biggest complaints. My doctor

recently started to lower my Mtx dosage because I was

doing so well, and one of the first places I began to

have pain was my elbows. I like to use rice socks -

they are easy to make, microwave fast, and mold to the

joints well giving good heat coverage. Don't know

what exactly you can do to keep the mobility other

than gentle stretching motion of your elbow - maybe

try it after you have warmed your elbow and that might

work better.

Kathe in CA

--- bhudick <bhudick@...> wrote:

> Hi all - does anyone else have it bad in one elbow?

> With all the meds

> I'm on - my left elbow is getting worse - very

> swollen and doesn't go

> straight anymore - just wondering what might help?

>

> Thanks!

>

> Bonnie in CT

>

>

>

>

>

Kathe in CA

Start your day with - make it your home page

http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Thanks - I've tried the rice socks, ice, cortisone shots, massage,

PT and it keeps coming back - it's so bad today (thank goodness I'm

going to my doctor tonight) that I put on an elbow brace to wear

here to work - to help - I'm on sulfasalazine, plaquinel, predisone,

humira weekly - and it still isn't working.

When I was diagnosed - my RF factor was 269 - is that high? Someone

suggested that I go to Boston for another opinion - because I'm

falling apart very fast - lost most of the mobility in my left arm -

and the flares are so bad now - I live in Connecticut - does anyone

else live near by?

Bonnie

>

> > Hi all - does anyone else have it bad in one elbow?

> > With all the meds

> > I'm on - my left elbow is getting worse - very

> > swollen and doesn't go

> > straight anymore - just wondering what might help?

> >

> > Thanks!

> >

> > Bonnie in CT

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> Kathe in CA

>

>

>

>

> ____________________________________________________

> Start your day with - make it your home page

> http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Thanks - I've tried the rice socks, ice, cortisone shots, massage,

PT and it keeps coming back - it's so bad today (thank goodness I'm

going to my doctor tonight) that I put on an elbow brace to wear

here to work - to help - I'm on sulfasalazine, plaquinel, predisone,

humira weekly - and it still isn't working.

When I was diagnosed - my RF factor was 269 - is that high? Someone

suggested that I go to Boston for another opinion - because I'm

falling apart very fast - lost most of the mobility in my left arm -

and the flares are so bad now - I live in Connecticut - does anyone

else live near by?

Bonnie

>

> > Hi all - does anyone else have it bad in one elbow?

> > With all the meds

> > I'm on - my left elbow is getting worse - very

> > swollen and doesn't go

> > straight anymore - just wondering what might help?

> >

> > Thanks!

> >

> > Bonnie in CT

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> Kathe in CA

>

>

>

>

> ____________________________________________________

> Start your day with - make it your home page

> http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Bonnie,

Have you thought about going to Hopkins in Baltimore? They, as

well as the Mayo Clinic, are the top hospitals in the country for

rheumatology.

It's always a good idea to get another opinion. A RF of 269 sounds

high but, normal values vary from lab to lab.

I hope you feel better. Elbow pain is the pits.

a

On Sep 6, 2005, at 7:44 AM, bhudick wrote:

> Thanks - I've tried the rice socks, ice, cortisone shots, massage,

> PT and it keeps coming back - it's so bad today (thank goodness I'm

> going to my doctor tonight) that I put on an elbow brace to wear

> here to work - to help - I'm on sulfasalazine, plaquinel, predisone,

> humira weekly - and it still isn't working.

>

> When I was diagnosed - my RF factor was 269 - is that high? Someone

> suggested that I go to Boston for another opinion - because I'm

> falling apart very fast - lost most of the mobility in my left arm -

> and the flares are so bad now - I live in Connecticut - does anyone

> else live near by?

>

> Bonnie