Guest guest Posted June 23, 2005 Report Share Posted June 23, 2005 Most of you don't know or remember me .. I don't post much on here.. but my son was dx'd with type 1, last year 11/09/04.. (this is when I joined the group) he was 14 at the time.. very scary then he wnet in K/A at 770 BG... admitted to ICU fromt eh Er for 2 days and then to Peds for training and control.. HE just turned 15 this past Monday, June 20!!! He has been in his honeymoon for about 4-6 months now... He is currently on zero insulin.... and he is currently running daily with his cross country team for summer practice......... I've been reading where kids that go into a oneymoon stage on zero insulin can sometimes come out of it badly..K/A. so I have my eye on his BG monitor daily... anyways if any of you ahev teenagers and have experienced honeymoon without insulin.. could you tell me for how long was your or your child's honeymoon and do you think exercise/sports supports longevity in the honeymoon period...? I am hoping it does... and I have been trying to keep him healthy, he did however have a fever for know apparent reason about 4 weeks ago... so now I am watching his BG like crazy and they ave risen 10 points in the last two weeks... I hope it is nothing.. Does anyone know the record for honeymoon period with type 1...? ok well that is my post for now.... thanks in advance for all of you that respond... Honeymoon definitely gives you the feeling that everything is wonderful again.. when you know very well it isn't... I am just trying ot enjoy every moment while they last.. luv sherri Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.