RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Mcs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I also sent an email to McD's. Here it is:

"Hello, I wanted to send a comment reguarding the addition of wheat in your french fries. My 7 year old daughter has Celiac disease and is not allowed to have wheat/gluten. I am very disappointed that you have added wheat to your french fries. Our family frequently went to your restaurant for meals. Mcs was one of the few places my daughter liked and was able to eat at. I really hope you reconsider changing back the french fries to be gluten free again. There are over 3 million diagnosed celiacs in the USA, not to mention many others who are allergic to wheat. When I told my daughter that she was no longer able to have Mcs french fries, she got a really sad look on her face. Tonight, Mcs has disappointed many children and adults alike. From a financial and public interest standpoint, I think you have made a bad business decision. You will be loosing a lot of customers. I guess our family will be frequenting "Chic-Fil-A" more now. A little farther of a drive, but one of the only other tastey fast food options. Thanks for your time. Please reconsider!!! "Hopefully they will listen. It is worth a try!

Lorie

Winter Haven, FL

Mcs

This was my response to McD's tonight:

Comment: I am adult with Celiac Disease. My body cannot tolerate gluten from wheat, rye, barley and/or oats. I was diagnosed a year ago. I must avoid any food with any of those four grains as ingredients. It has been a difficult year for me. But one bright spot was Mcs when I was traveling or in pinch for something to eat real quick and convenient. I knew I could have a burger without a bun for protein and delicious fries that I have always loved over any other French fry.

Now I understand you have identified wheat as a flavoring source in your fries. I can't describe to you the despair and frustration I feel. My options for eating out economically are now extremely limited and probably non-existent in most cities.

My heart goes out especially to celiac children. Going to MickeyDs made them feel normal and not different from other kids.

I'm hoping you will reconsider this decision as there are over 3 million diagnosed celiacs in the USA. It is an underdiagnosed disease and more people are being diagnosed every day.

Thank you for your past support and understanding by identifying gluten free items in your menu. I hope you will reconsider.

Sincerely, Sandee , 57 y/o, Female

Who remembers "Thirty-five cents for a three course meal? Sounds to me like that's a deal!" I've loved the French fries ever since my first bite.

Guest guest

"Hello, I wanted to send a comment reguarding the addition of wheat in your french fries. My 7 year old daughter has Celiac disease and is not allowed to have wheat/gluten. I am very disappointed that you have added wheat to your french fries. Our family frequently went to your restaurant for meals. Mcs was one of the few places my daughter liked and was able to eat at. I really hope you reconsider changing back the french fries to be gluten free again. There are over 3 million diagnosed celiacs in the USA, not to mention many others who are allergic to wheat. When I told my daughter that she was no longer able to have Mcs french fries, she got a really sad look on her face. Tonight, Mcs has disappointed many children and adults alike. From a financial and public interest standpoint, I think you have made a bad business decision. You will be loosing a lot of customers. I guess our family will be frequenting "Chic-Fil-A" more now. A little farther of a drive, but one of the only other tastey fast food options. Thanks for your time. Please reconsider!!! "Hopefully they will listen. It is worth a try!

Lorie

Winter Haven, FL

Mcs

Comment: I am adult with Celiac Disease. My body cannot tolerate gluten from wheat, rye, barley and/or oats. I was diagnosed a year ago. I must avoid any food with any of those four grains as ingredients. It has been a difficult year for me. But one bright spot was Mcs when I was traveling or in pinch for something to eat real quick and convenient. I knew I could have a burger without a bun for protein and delicious fries that I have always loved over any other French fry.

Now I understand you have identified wheat as a flavoring source in your fries. I can't describe to you the despair and frustration I feel. My options for eating out economically are now extremely limited and probably non-existent in most cities.

My heart goes out especially to celiac children. Going to MickeyDs made them feel normal and not different from other kids.

I'm hoping you will reconsider this decision as there are over 3 million diagnosed celiacs in the USA. It is an underdiagnosed disease and more people are being diagnosed every day.

Thank you for your past support and understanding by identifying gluten free items in your menu. I hope you will reconsider.

Who remembers "Thirty-five cents for a three course meal? Sounds to me like that's a deal!" I've loved the French fries ever since my first bite.

Guest guest

Lorie

Winter Haven, FL

Mcs

Guest guest

Does Chick-fil-a use a different fryer for their fries and hash

browns? :) Looks pretty tasty, take that Mcs!

Guest guest

Does Chick-fil-a use a different fryer for their fries and hash

browns? :) Looks pretty tasty, take that Mcs!

Guest guest

The Chick-Fil-A hash browns are safe. Check their website.

In fact, I ate them for the first time yesterday. My DH and I (both Celiacs) went there for breakfast and neither of us reacted to anything! (I am EXTREMELY sensitive).

Guest guest

this is what I found on Mcs website this morning - (as it changed from last night)

http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=item & itemID=6052

Ingredients

Medium French Fries Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients.

Salt

Allergens and Sensitivities

Allergens

Wheat, Milk

Food Sensitivities

Gluten

One of the other st.john's listmates called and said their formula/ingredients haven't changed, but with the new labeling laws they had to disclose it. This is also what they said In this par-frying process, the supplier uses something that is derived from wheat and dairy, but the supplier "assures" MD's that the proteins are removed before these ingredients are used. (Might this be similar to the vinegar issue?)

Guest guest

> Does Chick-fil-a use a different fryer for their fries and hash

> browns? :) Looks pretty tasty, take that Mcs!

==========

we've eaten at three Chick-fil-a's and each time I have asked about

dedicated fryers. Each time I have received the same response:

They use a dedicated fries frier and it is in the opposite side of

the kitchen from the fryer that is used for breaded items.

We've not gotten sick from Chick-fil-a. We had McD's for the first

time (kids and DH, I never touch them because of the beef) last week

and everyone was sick so we just figured they had undeclared gluten

and now it turns out I was right.

Shez

Guest guest

==========

Shez

Guest guest

==========

Shez

Guest guest

Just so you all know I got the following from my peanut free list.

Apparently this is not a change in recipe on Mcs part just a change to

follow the new food labeling laws, they always had gluten in them:

" I called Mcs and was told that yes, this is true. There is milk/wheat

in the 'natural' flavorings. They also said this is not a reformulation -

that it was there all along. I'm not sure what to think, but if you want to

call them for more information, their phone number is (provided

by FAAN). I have also asked FAAN to look into it, since this isn't a change,

it isn't an alert - it's part of the whole label declaration FALCPA. "

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Here is my comment to Mcs...

Comment: As a diagnosed Celiac I cant tell you how disappointed I was to see

the recent update to your nutrition information that included wheat and

gluten to the french fries. Mcs was a frequent stop for us as you were

one of the only fast food chains that could accomodate our diets. It was

disappointing a few months ago when you reformulated the chicken recipe, but

this is just devastating. What is also very disturbing to us as Celiacs is

the rumor that the fries have had undeclared gluten in them for quite awhile

and it is just being declared now. Without reconsideration to keep some menu

items gluten free, I along with 3 million other Celiacs will be forced to

avoid Mcs. Thank you. OConnor

--

WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)

Guest guest

I have been through a lawsuit before and the the biggest problem is proving that they were reckless and that people suffered because of it but if you find that it can be done I say go for it someone has to show big business not to mess with people and their health. cyebel wrote: I think there might be actual merit in a class-action suit here...it would be tricky, but it might be doable. Makes me wish it was 1.5 years later so I'd be done Law School and be able to be sure!!C

Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

Guest guest

Which they obviuosly don't understand because the hashbrowns aren't

marked as having gluten in them. Plus, do they really not have gluten

or not? Why would the fries but not the hashbrowns?

>

> It just dawned on me that this means the hashbrowns would be cross-

> contaminated, so that means they'd be off the list...in most

> Mcs, anyhow, since they usually cook them in the same fry vat!

>

> C

>

Guest guest

and what the heck is this "breading set in vegetable oil?" BREADING???

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of buddie23@...Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:28 AMTo: SillyYaks Subject: Re: Re: Mcs

this is what I found on Mcs website this morning - (as it changed from last night)

http://app.mcdonalds.com/bagamcmeal?process=item & itemID=6052

Ingredients

Medium French Fries Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients.

Salt

Allergens and Sensitivities

Allergens

Wheat, Milk

Food Sensitivities

Gluten

One of the other st.john's listmates called and said their formula/ingredients haven't changed, but with the new labeling laws they had to disclose it. This is also what they said In this par-frying process, the supplier uses something that is derived from wheat and dairy, but the supplier "assures" MD's that the proteins are removed before these ingredients are used. (Might this be similar to the vinegar issue?)

Guest guest

I completely agree that it's time consuming and costly, not to mention

difficult and frustrating. I sit all day long and read/listen to the

way cases unfold and I know what would be in store for someone who

would attempt to do this. Time, frustration, etc., is not necessarily

more important than accountability of companies like Mcs.

C

Guest guest

However, if it was there all along, they knew it, and still put it on their lists and didn't declare it they deserve to get sued and there is some attorney somewhere that would take it on. Are at least maybe there is some media attention out there..... I just sent an email to our local news. NEver know, it can't hurt.

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of cyebelSent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:45 AMTo: SillyYaks Subject: Re: Mcs

I completely agree that it's time consuming and costly, not to mention difficult and frustrating. I sit all day long and read/listen to the way cases unfold and I know what would be in store for someone who would attempt to do this. Time, frustration, etc., is not necessarily more important than accountability of companies like Mcs.C

Guest guest

I think the idea of a lawsuit is one of the silliest

things I've ever heard.

richard

--- lucky3668@... wrote:

> Ahh, revenge! I bet a class action suit would get

> their attention :) May

> not get us our fries but......

>

>

>

>

> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:29:02 -0000, cyebel wrote

> > I keep wondering, as I am sitting in my Law

> classes this morning,

> > whether there are any grounds to file suit against

> Mc's based

> > on their reckless disregard for the health of

> their consumers by

> > posting a GF list online, then quietly listing a

> glutinous

> > ingredient later

> > (especially if it has always been there!). While

> I wouldn't want to

> > put a chill on companies' willingness to post a GF

> list, I think

> > that it would speak volumes to take the World's

> biggest fast food

> > chain to task for this!

> >

> > C

> >

> >

Guest guest

There's always been beef in the fries (the oli). That

was a big stink a few years ago.

richard

--- " Calacci, Bridget " wrote:

> And what about all the vegetarians in the world who

> were eating these

> and now there is beef in their fries????

>

>

>

Guest guest

I'll be the odd one out. I've always despised McD so

this is no loss to me personally. The Hardee's

low-carb Thickburger is SOOOO much better than

anything McD has ever made. Even my kids never liked

McD for the food, although when they were little they

always wanted to go for the playground.

richard

Guest guest

Sometimes a lawsuit is the only way to make it clear that it's a

serious and important issue, as well as demonstrating how important

disclosure and accountability are.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

C

Guest guest

For those of us with kids that only have a Burger King and Mc's within 100 miles of them, though, this is HUGE

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of Rick LovegroSent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:01 AMTo: SillyYaks Subject: RE: Mcs

I'll be the odd one out. I've always despised McD sothis is no loss to me personally. The Hardee'slow-carb Thickburger is SOOOO much better thananything McD has ever made. Even my kids never likedMcD for the food, although when they were little theyalways wanted to go for the playground.richard__________________________________________________

Guest guest

For those of us with kids that only have a Burger King and Mc's within 100 miles of them, though, this is HUGE

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of Rick LovegroSent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:01 AMTo: SillyYaks Subject: RE: Mcs

I'll be the odd one out. I've always despised McD sothis is no loss to me personally. The Hardee'slow-carb Thickburger is SOOOO much better thananything McD has ever made. Even my kids never likedMcD for the food, although when they were little theyalways wanted to go for the playground.richard__________________________________________________