RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: What Next????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dede - thanks for your message - I will get my test results and heck them but when I went to the ND's yesterday, I walked out so much more confused than when I went in....I'll be in touch....it just may take me a little bit to get the papers and make sense of them :)

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

What kind of thyroid and adrenal

tests did you have? What are the

results of them and what are the

"normals" of those tests suposed

to be?

Write the numbers out for me, ok??

Thanks ~ Dede

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dede - thanks for your message - I will get my test results and heck them but when I went to the ND's yesterday, I walked out so much more confused than when I went in....I'll be in touch....it just may take me a little bit to get the papers and make sense of them :)

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

What kind of thyroid and adrenal

tests did you have? What are the

results of them and what are the

"normals" of those tests suposed

to be?

Write the numbers out for me, ok??

Thanks ~ Dede

Guest guest

Patty - I found some of my blood test result. From what I can make of it through the thyroid test is that I was tested for the T4, T3 and THS

All of these came back normal and for the T4 and T3 I was at the higher end of the "normal" range and for the TSH I was at the lower end of the "normal" range. Does any of this make sense??? I do not understand any of these results except I was told everything looked ok.....

Much Love,

Beth

Hi Beth,Basically what you need is a blood test that will give you results for the Anti-TPO antibodies, anti-thyroglobulin, Free T3 and Free T4, and TSH. If you know those results, you will know pretty much where you stand on your thyroid.My belief is that you can get better without spending tons of money. I tried all kinds of things to get better, but I think fasting, coffee enemas, eating right and the right supplements made more difference than many of the other expensive therapies and supplements I was given. I spent alot of money on supplements of various kinds that I don't use anymore, such as whey protein powders, MLM colon cleansing and anti-parasite products and whatnot. There's always a "better" supplement around the corner if you believe most salespeople. Now I just eat healthy and drink raw milk.I don't think the Ionic foot bath is a waste of money....in fact, one of our

former members whose son is an engineer had him check it out and he said it is exactly like the more expensive machines, but without all the bells and whistles. It does the job. I think it is very useful, in place of the more expensive chelation therapy in some instances. And we've had lots of good testimonials about it.Don't be discouraged. I know it's confusing and frustrating, but you are on the right path, and you can use your best judgement about how much money you want to spend. You don't have to go broke doing this. Just do what is comfortable and what you feel you can afford. My opinion is that there are always natural, time-tested solutions for what ails us, with the only exception being the natural hormone replacements that may be needed. We need help there. Otherwise I think detoxing is best done using ALL-NATURAL ways of doing it, and these are safe, easy, and usually very cheap.

Keep asking questions! We'll be here to help. Stay encouraged. You're going to get better.Patty> >> > Hi Ladies - I just returned from another appointment with a new ND > > and am totally confused. Here's what happened (as

much as I can > > remember)> > > > I had a urine, saliva, and hair test done. I was also hooked up to > a > > few different computer test to see what was going on with my body. > > I will not get the results from the hair sample for a couple of > > weeks but the rest of the test results were available then and > > there. Basically, from what I got out of it was that for the most > > part, everything with me seems to be pretty good. They said my > > adrenals actually look pretty good and my thyroid were off just a > > little. They said my digestive system was pretty messed up (which > I > > knew) and the cellular fluid was a litle sluggish. It also showed > I > > am very dehyrated... ...> > > > Anyways, I am somewhat relieved that most everything looked good > but > >

confused then at some of my symptoms. I have a hard time losing > > weight, I have mild dizziness and memory trouble and my feet > tingle > > constantly. And of course, as most of you know, I have terrible > > digestion problems. However, my ND wanted to put me on about 7 > > different supplements that include, probotics, digestive emzymes, > > minerals and antioxidants. She was going to have me taking about 2 > > pills of each 3 times a day. So I would have been taking about 15-> > 20 pills a day!!!!! The cost of these few supplements was over > $300 > > and she felt that eventually I could start to get off of some of > > them. However, she thought it would be about 3 months before I > > could start to slow down some of the ones for my digestion. She > > said a multivitamin was not for me right now and she was not going

> > to give me one. She based this info on a computer machine she > > hooked me too (do not remember the name). I chose not to purchase > > the pills right now and told her i would be in touch. This just > > seems like an awful lot compared to alot of the supplement > > recommendations I have gotten from here. Most of them are so much > > cheaper and seem to do the same thing. I guess my question is, > > couldn't I try to buy some of the supplements and things that have > > been recommended on here (garden of life, standard proccess) to do > > the same thing? Also, if my test show that I do not have adrenal > > problems or much of anything else, I am taking that as a good > > thing...am I right or is there other tests I should have done? > > Just needing some advice before I decide to drop $300 on > supplements >

> for a few month supply!!!!> > > > Also, I mentioned the ionic foot bath to her and she asked me if it > > was the kind where you have to replace the rods and I said yes. I > > got the one from Ionic Oasis for $250 and she told me they are > about > > worthless. She said they do not pull much toxins out - the color > > change we see is from the rods. She then said I hope you did not > > put alot of money in it cause it will not do you much good. Any > > comments on this??? She claims they did these type of foot baths > > and then sent them to the labs and they came back with the same > > result, that is was basically just the rods being erroded.....> > > > Thanks for any advice - pleae know this is the "best" ND around my > > area. From what I understand, they have Doctor degrees in > >

naturopathy adn also teach it. They have traveled all over the > > world with this and seem to very involved in it. I had no reason > to > > doubt their knowledge, althought I am trying to figure out if they > > are in it more for money due to the pricing. My cost today for the > > first visit, all the test and everything was $360 and then they > > wanted another $300 for supplements. Does this sound about > > right???? I tell ya - my husband may try to kick me to the curb > > after this is all done - we have so much money already in this and > > it is just the beginning... ...> > > > Much Love,> > Beth> >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____________ __> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with

Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. / ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ>

Guest guest

Patty - I found some of my blood test result. From what I can make of it through the thyroid test is that I was tested for the T4, T3 and THS

All of these came back normal and for the T4 and T3 I was at the higher end of the "normal" range and for the TSH I was at the lower end of the "normal" range. Does any of this make sense??? I do not understand any of these results except I was told everything looked ok.....

Much Love,

Beth

Hi Beth,Basically what you need is a blood test that will give you results for the Anti-TPO antibodies, anti-thyroglobulin, Free T3 and Free T4, and TSH. If you know those results, you will know pretty much where you stand on your thyroid.My belief is that you can get better without spending tons of money. I tried all kinds of things to get better, but I think fasting, coffee enemas, eating right and the right supplements made more difference than many of the other expensive therapies and supplements I was given. I spent alot of money on supplements of various kinds that I don't use anymore, such as whey protein powders, MLM colon cleansing and anti-parasite products and whatnot. There's always a "better" supplement around the corner if you believe most salespeople. Now I just eat healthy and drink raw milk.I don't think the Ionic foot bath is a waste of money....in fact, one of our

former members whose son is an engineer had him check it out and he said it is exactly like the more expensive machines, but without all the bells and whistles. It does the job. I think it is very useful, in place of the more expensive chelation therapy in some instances. And we've had lots of good testimonials about it.Don't be discouraged. I know it's confusing and frustrating, but you are on the right path, and you can use your best judgement about how much money you want to spend. You don't have to go broke doing this. Just do what is comfortable and what you feel you can afford. My opinion is that there are always natural, time-tested solutions for what ails us, with the only exception being the natural hormone replacements that may be needed. We need help there. Otherwise I think detoxing is best done using ALL-NATURAL ways of doing it, and these are safe, easy, and usually very cheap.

Keep asking questions! We'll be here to help. Stay encouraged. You're going to get better.Patty> >> > Hi Ladies - I just returned from another appointment with a new ND > > and am totally confused. Here's what happened (as

much as I can > > remember)> > > > I had a urine, saliva, and hair test done. I was also hooked up to > a > > few different computer test to see what was going on with my body. > > I will not get the results from the hair sample for a couple of > > weeks but the rest of the test results were available then and > > there. Basically, from what I got out of it was that for the most > > part, everything with me seems to be pretty good. They said my > > adrenals actually look pretty good and my thyroid were off just a > > little. They said my digestive system was pretty messed up (which > I > > knew) and the cellular fluid was a litle sluggish. It also showed > I > > am very dehyrated... ...> > > > Anyways, I am somewhat relieved that most everything looked good > but > >

confused then at some of my symptoms. I have a hard time losing > > weight, I have mild dizziness and memory trouble and my feet > tingle > > constantly. And of course, as most of you know, I have terrible > > digestion problems. However, my ND wanted to put me on about 7 > > different supplements that include, probotics, digestive emzymes, > > minerals and antioxidants. She was going to have me taking about 2 > > pills of each 3 times a day. So I would have been taking about 15-> > 20 pills a day!!!!! The cost of these few supplements was over > $300 > > and she felt that eventually I could start to get off of some of > > them. However, she thought it would be about 3 months before I > > could start to slow down some of the ones for my digestion. She > > said a multivitamin was not for me right now and she was not going

> > to give me one. She based this info on a computer machine she > > hooked me too (do not remember the name). I chose not to purchase > > the pills right now and told her i would be in touch. This just > > seems like an awful lot compared to alot of the supplement > > recommendations I have gotten from here. Most of them are so much > > cheaper and seem to do the same thing. I guess my question is, > > couldn't I try to buy some of the supplements and things that have > > been recommended on here (garden of life, standard proccess) to do > > the same thing? Also, if my test show that I do not have adrenal > > problems or much of anything else, I am taking that as a good > > thing...am I right or is there other tests I should have done? > > Just needing some advice before I decide to drop $300 on > supplements >

> for a few month supply!!!!> > > > Also, I mentioned the ionic foot bath to her and she asked me if it > > was the kind where you have to replace the rods and I said yes. I > > got the one from Ionic Oasis for $250 and she told me they are > about > > worthless. She said they do not pull much toxins out - the color > > change we see is from the rods. She then said I hope you did not > > put alot of money in it cause it will not do you much good. Any > > comments on this??? She claims they did these type of foot baths > > and then sent them to the labs and they came back with the same > > result, that is was basically just the rods being erroded.....> > > > Thanks for any advice - pleae know this is the "best" ND around my > > area. From what I understand, they have Doctor degrees in > >

naturopathy adn also teach it. They have traveled all over the > > world with this and seem to very involved in it. I had no reason > to > > doubt their knowledge, althought I am trying to figure out if they > > are in it more for money due to the pricing. My cost today for the > > first visit, all the test and everything was $360 and then they > > wanted another $300 for supplements. Does this sound about > > right???? I tell ya - my husband may try to kick me to the curb > > after this is all done - we have so much money already in this and > > it is just the beginning... ...> > > > Much Love,> > Beth> >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____________ __> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with

Guest guest

Patty, also regarding the supplement suggestion. I just think that what they are trying to put me on is a little too much. Maybe I am wrong but taking 15+ pills seems alot to me right now. I thought I should just be taking a good multivitamin, some probotics and a digestive enzyme. At the ND's office, they wanted me on the probotics and digestive enzymes but also antioxidants, liquid mineral to add to my water and a few others that I am not sure exactly what they were. It was just kinda like they hooked me up to some machines, took some urine and saliva and then said - here take this...... I do not mind taking things to help and I know I need some stuff but I guess if I go with

their supplements I just need to get a better explanation on what and why I am taking them. However, what is your personal opinion on the few I was just going to do on my own. I just feel like the only main supplement I need right now is for my digestion.....maybe I am wrong and I do need more. I know calcium and mag. is impotant as well. I guess I just do not want to feel like I am taken advantage of by a ND to use "thier" products.....I want to get better but I want to also keep my financed above water as does my husband!!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Patty, also regarding the supplement suggestion. I just think that what they are trying to put me on is a little too much. Maybe I am wrong but taking 15+ pills seems alot to me right now. I thought I should just be taking a good multivitamin, some probotics and a digestive enzyme. At the ND's office, they wanted me on the probotics and digestive enzymes but also antioxidants, liquid mineral to add to my water and a few others that I am not sure exactly what they were. It was just kinda like they hooked me up to some machines, took some urine and saliva and then said - here take this...... I do not mind taking things to help and I know I need some stuff but I guess if I go with

their supplements I just need to get a better explanation on what and why I am taking them. However, what is your personal opinion on the few I was just going to do on my own. I just feel like the only main supplement I need right now is for my digestion.....maybe I am wrong and I do need more. I know calcium and mag. is impotant as well. I guess I just do not want to feel like I am taken advantage of by a ND to use "thier" products.....I want to get better but I want to also keep my financed above water as does my husband!!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

Guest guest

Dede - I sent you a email to your personal addy - check it and let me know what works best for you...

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

I will be interested in what your

numbers are.

For some reason, I have a funny

feeling about this ND you saw. I

cant pinpoint it, and not sure why,

but I do. When you have the results,

let me know what they are. I still think

you are having some thyroid/adrenal

compromise.. ...

Love and Hugs ~ Dede

Guest guest

Dede - I sent you a email to your personal addy - check it and let me know what works best for you...

Much Love,

Beth

Beth ~

I will be interested in what your

numbers are.

For some reason, I have a funny

feeling about this ND you saw. I

cant pinpoint it, and not sure why,

but I do. When you have the results,

let me know what they are. I still think

you are having some thyroid/adrenal

compromise.. ...

Love and Hugs ~ Dede

Guest guest

Beth, to your reply I have been through chelation for a year, I have an infrared sauna, bought health food store vitamins and really didn't get me any progress. Fasting juice and water helped and garden of life 10 day perfect cleanse really helped. I probably did 5 of the at $13.97 cleanses, also Life-Flo heavy metal cleanse I did 2 times.Now i am working on the Thyroid test which regular doctors don't know what they are doing. Now I have an appointment to see a Natural doctor but can't get in for 6 weeks. But in my honest opinion Garden of Life products are great and pomoted healing along with the cleanses.

Love, in Ohio

In a message dated 1/16/2008 9:38:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, glory2glory1401@... writes:

Beth,I think you are doing the right thing by checking out the supplements they are offering you (as to the reasons) and then finding the supplements on your own that you want to focus on. I took lots and lots of supplements when I was first sick, thinking that I was doing the right thing, but I think in the end I was causing my liver to be more overburdened with all of the stuff I was throwing at it (and some supplements can be made with cheap, toxic ingredients.) Once I cut out many of the supplements, I felt better! I even felt nauseous after taking many supplements.Whatever you decide to go with, make sure it is a quality supplement with no cheap fillers. Whole food supplements are best.Patty> > >> > > Hi Ladies - I just returned from another appointment with a new > ND > > > and am totally confused. Here's what happened (as much as I can > > > remember)> > > > > > I had a urine, saliva, and hair test done. I was also hooked up > to > > a > > > few different computer test to see what was going on with my > body. > > > I will not get the results from the hair sample for a couple of > > > weeks but the rest of the test results were available then and > > > there. Basically, from what I got out of it was that for the most > > > part, everything with me seems to be pretty good. They said my > > > adrenals actually look pretty good and my thyroid were off just a > > > little. They said my digestive system was pretty messed up (which > > I > > > knew) and the cellular fluid was a litle sluggish. It also showed > > I > > > am very dehyrated... ...> > > > > > Anyways, I am somewhat relieved that most everything looked good > > but > > > confused then at some of my symptoms. I have a hard time losing > > > weight, I have mild dizziness and memory trouble and my feet > > tingle > > > constantly. And of course, as most of you know, I have terrible > > > digestion problems. However, my ND wanted to put me on about 7 > > > different supplements that include, probotics, digestive emzymes, > > > minerals and antioxidants. She was going to have me taking about > 2 > > > pills of each 3 times a day. So I would have been taking about 15-> > > 20 pills a day!!!!! The cost of these few supplements was over > > $300 > > > and she felt that eventually I could start to get off of some of > > > them. However, she thought it would be about 3 months before I > > > could start to slow down some of the ones for my digestion. She > > > said a multivitamin was not for me right now and she was not > going > > > to give me one. She based this info on a computer machine she > > > hooked me too (do not remember the name). I chose not to purchase > > > the pills right now and told her i would be in touch. This just > > > seems like an awful lot compared to alot of the supplement > > > recommendations I have gotten from here. Most of them are so much > > > cheaper and seem to do the same thing. I guess my question is, > > > couldn't I try to buy some of the supplements and things that > have > > > been recommended on here (garden of life, standard proccess) to > do > > > the same thing? Also, if my test show that I do not have adrenal > > > problems or much of anything else, I am taking that as a good > > > thing...am I right or is there other tests I should have done? > > > Just needing some advice before I decide to drop $300 on > > supplements > > > for a few month supply!!!!> > > > > > Also, I mentioned the ionic foot bath to her and she asked me if > it > > > was the kind where you have to replace the rods and I said yes. I > > > got the one from Ionic Oasis for $250 and she told me they are > > about > > > worthless. She said they do not pull much toxins out - the color > > > change we see is from the rods. She then said I hope you did not > > > put alot of money in it cause it will not do you much good. Any > > > comments on this??? She claims they did these type of foot baths > > > and then sent them to the labs and they came back with the same > > > result, that is was basically just the rods being erroded.....> > > > > > Thanks for any advice - pleae know this is the "best" ND around > my > > > area. From what I understand, they have Doctor degrees in > > > naturopathy adn also teach it. They have traveled all over the > > > world with this and seem to very involved in it. I had no reason > > to > > > doubt their knowledge, althought I am trying to figure out if > they > > > are in it more for money due to the pricing. My cost today for > the > > > first visit, all the test and everything was $360 and then they > > > wanted another $300 for supplements. Does this sound about > > > right???? I tell ya - my husband may try to kick me to the curb > > > after this is all done - we have so much money already in this > and > > > it is just the beginning... ...> > > > > > Much Love,> > > Beth> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> ____________ __> > Be a better friend, newshound, and > > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > http://mobile. / ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Search. http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

It sounds okay...but you still need the anti-TPO and the anti-

thyroglobulin antibody tests. You can have normal numbers on the

other tests and still have an autoimmune thyroid disease.

Patty

> > >

> > > Hi Ladies - I just returned from another appointment with a new

> ND

> > > and am totally confused. Here's what happened (as much as I can

> > > remember)

> > >

> > > I had a urine, saliva, and hair test done. I was also hooked up

> to

> > a

> > > few different computer test to see what was going on with my

> body.

> > > I will not get the results from the hair sample for a couple of

> > > weeks but the rest of the test results were available then and

> > > there. Basically, from what I got out of it was that for the

most

> > > part, everything with me seems to be pretty good. They said my

> > > adrenals actually look pretty good and my thyroid were off just

a

> > > little. They said my digestive system was pretty messed up

(which

> > I

> > > knew) and the cellular fluid was a litle sluggish. It also

showed

> > I

> > > am very dehyrated... ...

> > >

> > > Anyways, I am somewhat relieved that most everything looked

good

> > but

> > > confused then at some of my symptoms. I have a hard time losing

> > > weight, I have mild dizziness and memory trouble and my feet

> > tingle

> > > constantly. And of course, as most of you know, I have terrible

> > > digestion problems. However, my ND wanted to put me on about 7

> > > different supplements that include, probotics, digestive

emzymes,

> > > minerals and antioxidants. She was going to have me taking

about

> 2

> > > pills of each 3 times a day. So I would have been taking about

15-

> > > 20 pills a day!!!!! The cost of these few supplements was over

> > $300

> > > and she felt that eventually I could start to get off of some

of

> > > them. However, she thought it would be about 3 months before I

> > > could start to slow down some of the ones for my digestion. She

> > > said a multivitamin was not for me right now and she was not

> going

> > > to give me one. She based this info on a computer machine she

> > > hooked me too (do not remember the name). I chose not to

purchase

> > > the pills right now and told her i would be in touch. This just

> > > seems like an awful lot compared to alot of the supplement

> > > recommendations I have gotten from here. Most of them are so

much

> > > cheaper and seem to do the same thing. I guess my question is,

> > > couldn't I try to buy some of the supplements and things that

> have

> > > been recommended on here (garden of life, standard proccess) to

> do

> > > the same thing? Also, if my test show that I do not have

adrenal

> > > problems or much of anything else, I am taking that as a good

> > > thing...am I right or is there other tests I should have done?

> > > Just needing some advice before I decide to drop $300 on

> > supplements

> > > for a few month supply!!!!

> > >

> > > Also, I mentioned the ionic foot bath to her and she asked me

if

> it

> > > was the kind where you have to replace the rods and I said yes.

I

> > > got the one from Ionic Oasis for $250 and she told me they are

> > about

> > > worthless. She said they do not pull much toxins out - the

color

> > > change we see is from the rods. She then said I hope you did

not

> > > put alot of money in it cause it will not do you much good. Any

> > > comments on this??? She claims they did these type of foot

baths

> > > and then sent them to the labs and they came back with the same

> > > result, that is was basically just the rods being erroded.....

> > >

> > > Thanks for any advice - pleae know this is the " best " ND around

> my

> > > area. From what I understand, they have Doctor degrees in

> > > naturopathy adn also teach it. They have traveled all over the

> > > world with this and seem to very involved in it. I had no

reason

> > to

> > > doubt their knowledge, althought I am trying to figure out if

> they

> > > are in it more for money due to the pricing. My cost today for

> the

> > > first visit, all the test and everything was $360 and then they

> > > wanted another $300 for supplements. Does this sound about

> > > right???? I tell ya - my husband may try to kick me to the curb

> > > after this is all done - we have so much money already in this

> and

> > > it is just the beginning... ...

> > >

> > > Much Love,

> > > Beth

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> ____________ __

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

> http://mobile. / ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

> http://www./r/hs

>

Guest guest

It sounds okay...but you still need the anti-TPO and the anti-

thyroglobulin antibody tests. You can have normal numbers on the

other tests and still have an autoimmune thyroid disease.

Patty

> > >

> ND

> > > remember)

> > >

> to

> > a

> body.

most

a

(which

> > I

showed

> > I

> > >

good

> > but

> > tingle

emzymes,

about

> 2

15-

> > $300

of

> going

purchase

much

> have

> do

adrenal

> > supplements

> > >

if

> it

I

> > about

color

not

baths

> > >

> my

reason

> > to

> they

> the

> and

> > >

> > > Much Love,

> > > Beth

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ____________ __

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Beth,

I think you are doing the right thing by checking out the supplements

they are offering you (as to the reasons) and then finding the

supplements on your own that you want to focus on. I took lots and

lots of supplements when I was first sick, thinking that I was doing

the right thing, but I think in the end I was causing my liver to be

more overburdened with all of the stuff I was throwing at it (and

some supplements can be made with cheap, toxic ingredients.) Once I

cut out many of the supplements, I felt better! I even felt nauseous

after taking many supplements.

Whatever you decide to go with, make sure it is a quality supplement

with no cheap fillers. Whole food supplements are best.

Patty

> > >

> ND

> > > remember)

> > >

> to

> > a

> body.

most

a

(which

> > I

showed

> > I

> > >

good

> > but

> > tingle

emzymes,

about

> 2

15-

> > $300

of

> going

purchase

much

> have

> do

adrenal

> > supplements

> > >

if

> it

I

> > about

color

not

baths

> > >

> my

reason

> > to

> they

> the

> and

> > >

> > > Much Love,

> > > Beth

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ____________ __

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

>

Guest guest

Beth,

I think you are doing the right thing by checking out the supplements

they are offering you (as to the reasons) and then finding the

supplements on your own that you want to focus on. I took lots and

lots of supplements when I was first sick, thinking that I was doing

the right thing, but I think in the end I was causing my liver to be

more overburdened with all of the stuff I was throwing at it (and

some supplements can be made with cheap, toxic ingredients.) Once I

cut out many of the supplements, I felt better! I even felt nauseous

after taking many supplements.

Whatever you decide to go with, make sure it is a quality supplement

with no cheap fillers. Whole food supplements are best.

Patty

> > >

> ND

> > > remember)

> > >

> to

> > a

> body.

most

a

(which

> > I

showed

> > I

> > >

good

> > but

> > tingle

emzymes,

about

> 2

15-

> > $300

of

> going

purchase

much

> have

> do

adrenal

> > supplements

> > >

if

> it

I

> > about

color

not

baths

> > >

> my

reason

> > to

> they

> the

> and

> > >

> > > Much Love,

> > > Beth

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ____________ __

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info - I will see if my family doctor will order that blood test and keep you posted!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

It sounds okay...but you still need the anti-TPO and the anti-thyroglobulin antibody tests. You can have normal numbers on the other tests and still have an autoimmune thyroid disease.Patty> > >> > > Hi Ladies - I just returned from another appointment with a new > ND > > > and am totally confused. Here's what happened (as much as I can > > > remember)> > > > > > I had a urine, saliva, and hair test done. I was also hooked up > to > > a > > > few different computer test to see what was

going on with my > body. > > > I will not get the results from the hair sample for a couple of > > > weeks but the rest of the test results were available then and > > > there. Basically, from what I got out of it was that for the most > > > part, everything with me seems to be pretty good. They said my > > > adrenals actually look pretty good and my thyroid were off just a > > > little. They said my digestive system was pretty messed up (which > > I > > > knew) and the cellular fluid was a litle sluggish. It also showed > > I > > > am very dehyrated... ...> > > > > > Anyways, I am somewhat relieved that most everything looked good > > but > > > confused then at some of my symptoms. I have a hard time losing > > > weight, I have mild dizziness

and memory trouble and my feet > > tingle > > > constantly. And of course, as most of you know, I have terrible > > > digestion problems. However, my ND wanted to put me on about 7 > > > different supplements that include, probotics, digestive emzymes, > > > minerals and antioxidants. She was going to have me taking about > 2 > > > pills of each 3 times a day. So I would have been taking about 15-> > > 20 pills a day!!!!! The cost of these few supplements was over > > $300 > > > and she felt that eventually I could start to get off of some of > > > them. However, she thought it would be about 3 months before I > > > could start to slow down some of the ones for my digestion. She > > > said a multivitamin was not for me right now and she was not > going > > > to

give me one. She based this info on a computer machine she > > > hooked me too (do not remember the name). I chose not to purchase > > > the pills right now and told her i would be in touch. This just > > > seems like an awful lot compared to alot of the supplement > > > recommendations I have gotten from here. Most of them are so much > > > cheaper and seem to do the same thing. I guess my question is, > > > couldn't I try to buy some of the supplements and things that > have > > > been recommended on here (garden of life, standard proccess) to > do > > > the same thing? Also, if my test show that I do not have adrenal > > > problems or much of anything else, I am taking that as a good > > > thing...am I right or is there other tests I should have done? > > > Just needing some advice

before I decide to drop $300 on > > supplements > > > for a few month supply!!!!> > > > > > Also, I mentioned the ionic foot bath to her and she asked me if > it > > > was the kind where you have to replace the rods and I said yes. I > > > got the one from Ionic Oasis for $250 and she told me they are > > about > > > worthless. She said they do not pull much toxins out - the color > > > change we see is from the rods. She then said I hope you did not > > > put alot of money in it cause it will not do you much good. Any > > > comments on this??? She claims they did these type of foot baths > > > and then sent them to the labs and they came back with the same > > > result, that is was basically just the rods being erroded.....> > > > > >

Thanks for any advice - pleae know this is the "best" ND around > my > > > area. From what I understand, they have Doctor degrees in > > > naturopathy adn also teach it. They have traveled all over the > > > world with this and seem to very involved in it. I had no reason > > to > > > doubt their knowledge, althought I am trying to figure out if > they > > > are in it more for money due to the pricing. My cost today for > the > > > first visit, all the test and everything was $360 and then they > > > wanted another $300 for supplements. Does this sound about > > > right???? I tell ya - my husband may try to kick me to the curb > > > after this is all done - we have so much money already in this > and > > > it is just the beginning... ...> > > > > > Much

Love,> > > Beth> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> ____________ __> > Be a better friend, newshound, and > > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > http://mobile. / ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____________ __> Never miss a thing. Make your home page. > http://www.. com/r/hs>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info - I will see if my family doctor will order that blood test and keep you posted!!!!

Much Love,

Beth

It sounds okay...but you still need the anti-TPO and the anti-thyroglobulin antibody tests. You can have normal numbers on the other tests and still have an autoimmune thyroid disease.Patty> > >> > > Hi Ladies - I just returned from another appointment with a new > ND > > > and am totally confused. Here's what happened (as much as I can > > > remember)> > > > > > I had a urine, saliva, and hair test done. I was also hooked up > to > > a > > > few different computer test to see what was

going on with my > body. > > > I will not get the results from the hair sample for a couple of > > > weeks but the rest of the test results were available then and > > > there. Basically, from what I got out of it was that for the most > > > part, everything with me seems to be pretty good. They said my > > > adrenals actually look pretty good and my thyroid were off just a > > > little. They said my digestive system was pretty messed up (which > > I > > > knew) and the cellular fluid was a litle sluggish. It also showed > > I > > > am very dehyrated... ...> > > > > > Anyways, I am somewhat relieved that most everything looked good > > but > > > confused then at some of my symptoms. I have a hard time losing > > > weight, I have mild dizziness

and memory trouble and my feet > > tingle > > > constantly. And of course, as most of you know, I have terrible > > > digestion problems. However, my ND wanted to put me on about 7 > > > different supplements that include, probotics, digestive emzymes, > > > minerals and antioxidants. She was going to have me taking about > 2 > > > pills of each 3 times a day. So I would have been taking about 15-> > > 20 pills a day!!!!! The cost of these few supplements was over > > $300 > > > and she felt that eventually I could start to get off of some of > > > them. However, she thought it would be about 3 months before I > > > could start to slow down some of the ones for my digestion. She > > > said a multivitamin was not for me right now and she was not > going > > > to

give me one. She based this info on a computer machine she > > > hooked me too (do not remember the name). I chose not to purchase > > > the pills right now and told her i would be in touch. This just > > > seems like an awful lot compared to alot of the supplement > > > recommendations I have gotten from here. Most of them are so much > > > cheaper and seem to do the same thing. I guess my question is, > > > couldn't I try to buy some of the supplements and things that > have > > > been recommended on here (garden of life, standard proccess) to > do > > > the same thing? Also, if my test show that I do not have adrenal > > > problems or much of anything else, I am taking that as a good > > > thing...am I right or is there other tests I should have done? > > > Just needing some advice

before I decide to drop $300 on > > supplements > > > for a few month supply!!!!> > > > > > Also, I mentioned the ionic foot bath to her and she asked me if > it > > > was the kind where you have to replace the rods and I said yes. I > > > got the one from Ionic Oasis for $250 and she told me they are > > about > > > worthless. She said they do not pull much toxins out - the color > > > change we see is from the rods. She then said I hope you did not > > > put alot of money in it cause it will not do you much good. Any > > > comments on this??? She claims they did these type of foot baths > > > and then sent them to the labs and they came back with the same > > > result, that is was basically just the rods being erroded.....> > > > > >

Thanks for any advice - pleae know this is the "best" ND around > my > > > area. From what I understand, they have Doctor degrees in > > > naturopathy adn also teach it. They have traveled all over the > > > world with this and seem to very involved in it. I had no reason > > to > > > doubt their knowledge, althought I am trying to figure out if > they > > > are in it more for money due to the pricing. My cost today for > the > > > first visit, all the test and everything was $360 and then they > > > wanted another $300 for supplements. Does this sound about > > > right???? I tell ya - my husband may try to kick me to the curb > > > after this is all done - we have so much money already in this > and > > > it is just the beginning... ...> > > > > > Much

Love,> > > Beth> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> ____________ __> > Be a better friend, newshound, and > > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. > http://mobile. / ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____________ __> Never miss a thing. Make your home page. > http://www.. com/r/hs>

Guest guest

Beth,

Naturopathic medicine can seem really strange when you're used to conventional . . .

However, their goal is to correct the way the body functions so it can heal itself, rather than treat symptoms. It will take a leap of faith . . . but so many have found help through naturopathic medicine when conventional didn't work, I think it's worth a try.

I do think you need more than just enzymes.

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Beth,

I had all those symptoms, I know some are worse than others in the pain experience with muscles and a feeling of pain... If you had a Alpha MSH Test done and it was low, this will give you a feeling of pain... Not for sure why or where it comes from, it is just part of our sickness... It is from bio toxins in the body... A Low MSH is what it is from according to Dr. Kolb...I know it took some time for my pain to stop... I still sometimes feel this pain to this day... I think that Dr. Kolb calls it fibro symptoms or She might just tell people bio toxins with a Low MSH is painful... I have the Low MSH it was below and 8 when I was tested... Hang in there Beth... In time it gets better...

God Bless,

~Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

Interesting . . .

How is an Alpha MSH test done?

Rogene

Beth,

I had all those symptoms, I know some are worse than others in the pain experience with muscles and a feeling of pain... If you had a Alpha MSH Test done and it was low, this will give you a feeling of pain... Not for sure why or where it comes from, it is just part of our sickness... It is from bio toxins in the body... A Low MSH is what it is from according to Dr. Kolb...I know it took some time for my pain to stop... I still sometimes feel this pain to this day... I think that Dr. Kolb calls it fibro symptoms or She might just tell people bio toxins with a Low MSH is painful... I have the Low MSH it was below and 8 when I was tested... Hang in there Beth... In time it gets better...

God Bless,

~

Guest guest

Rogene - I feel the same way about the foot baths. My mom and dad both did them and the water was different for all of us. Actually, my dad was the worst!!!! I have been thinking alot about what my ND said, the advie I have gotten from here and my own gut instinct. As far as the foot bath, I figure I have already purchased it and it is not doing any harm so I plan to keep doing it. I may every once in awhile go to my ND's office and use theirs but I figure she may have told me this since they do it their so I can PAY her to do it.

I did call her back yesterday and decided to go ahead an order the supplements. I am going to give it a few months and if I do not feel they are doing much for me, I am going to venture on my own or try to find another ND around (although there are not any that I know of). She got pretty short with me on the phone yesterday, actually when I hung up I was in tears. Although, I will admitt my emotions are extermely high right now for some reason.

She only put me on supplements and no detox program. Would it be recommeneded to go ahead and start doing more than the foot bath and skin brushing? That is all I am doing right now. My ND did speak of doing the coffee enemas, liver flushes and things like that but we never go into anything like that.

Much Love,

Beth

Re: Re: What Next????

Beth,

The water will change color with just the rods in it. But not nearly as much as it does with feet in it! . . . But it will look different for everyone. I'd suggest getting other family members and friends to try it so you can see for yourself. . . A friend of one of our members tried it . . His smelled like motor oil . . .turns out he had worked as a mechanic for years!

I have yet to see anyone who has something to say about foot baths that has done one. . . From what I've seen those who make negative comments about them have a vested interest in NOT seeing them used.

I'm convinced the foot baths work . . . So is Dr. Kolb.

Regardless of who gives you advise, you really, really need to go with your gut feelings. . . If something/someone doesn't set well with you, listen to that little voice. It may change from time to time - i.e. what sounds bad today, may sound good tomorrow. That's OK too . . . as long as it feels right to YOU!

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Rogene - I feel the same way about the foot baths. My mom and dad both did them and the water was different for all of us. Actually, my dad was the worst!!!! I have been thinking alot about what my ND said, the advie I have gotten from here and my own gut instinct. As far as the foot bath, I figure I have already purchased it and it is not doing any harm so I plan to keep doing it. I may every once in awhile go to my ND's office and use theirs but I figure she may have told me this since they do it their so I can PAY her to do it.

I did call her back yesterday and decided to go ahead an order the supplements. I am going to give it a few months and if I do not feel they are doing much for me, I am going to venture on my own or try to find another ND around (although there are not any that I know of). She got pretty short with me on the phone yesterday, actually when I hung up I was in tears. Although, I will admitt my emotions are extermely high right now for some reason.

She only put me on supplements and no detox program. Would it be recommeneded to go ahead and start doing more than the foot bath and skin brushing? That is all I am doing right now. My ND did speak of doing the coffee enemas, liver flushes and things like that but we never go into anything like that.

Much Love,

Beth

Re: Re: What Next????

Beth,

The water will change color with just the rods in it. But not nearly as much as it does with feet in it! . . . But it will look different for everyone. I'd suggest getting other family members and friends to try it so you can see for yourself. . . A friend of one of our members tried it . . His smelled like motor oil . . .turns out he had worked as a mechanic for years!

I have yet to see anyone who has something to say about foot baths that has done one. . . From what I've seen those who make negative comments about them have a vested interest in NOT seeing them used.

I'm convinced the foot baths work . . . So is Dr. Kolb.

Regardless of who gives you advise, you really, really need to go with your gut feelings. . . If something/someone doesn't set well with you, listen to that little voice. It may change from time to time - i.e. what sounds bad today, may sound good tomorrow. That's OK too . . . as long as it feels right to YOU!

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Beth,

You should not be in the care of a doctor who will leave you in tears.

That is not good or healthy doctoring!

Save yourself the agony and frustration of dealing with someone who

is not concerned enough about you to offer you the best care. You

sure are paying a premium dollar for it, so the care she gives you

ought to reflect the value of your investment.

Supplements alone without a detox effort are not going to have the

full effect. Some toxins can prevent nutrients from even getting

into the cells. I would do the coffee enemas at the very least,

along with the foot bath.

If she is not talking about detoxing much, then I wonder what she

does? Healing is not just about popping pills. I don't mean to make

you more concerned or anxious, but I do think that your doctor should

be held to a high standard of care.

Patty

>

> Rogene - I feel the same way about the foot baths. My mom and dad

both did them and the water was different for all of us. Actually,

my dad was the worst!!!! I have been thinking alot about what my ND

said, the advie I have gotten from here and my own gut instinct. As

far as the foot bath, I figure I have already purchased it and it is

not doing any harm so I plan to keep doing it. I may every once in

awhile go to my ND's office and use theirs but I figure she may have

told me this since they do it their so I can PAY her to do it.

>

> I did call her back yesterday and decided to go ahead an order the

supplements. I am going to give it a few months and if I do not feel

they are doing much for me, I am going to venture on my own or try to

find another ND around (although there are not any that I know of).

She got pretty short with me on the phone yesterday, actually when I

hung up I was in tears. Although, I will admitt my emotions are

extermely high right now for some reason.

>

> She only put me on supplements and no detox program. Would it be

recommeneded to go ahead and start doing more than the foot bath and

skin brushing? That is all I am doing right now. My ND did speak of

doing the coffee enemas, liver flushes and things like that but we

never go into anything like that.

>

> Much Love,

> Beth

>

>

> Re: Re: What Next????

>

> Beth,

>

> The water will change color with just the rods in it. But not

nearly as much as it does with feet in it! . . . But it will look

different for everyone. I'd suggest getting other family members and

friends to try it so you can see for yourself. . . A friend of one of

our members tried it . . His smelled like motor oil . . .turns out he

had worked as a mechanic for years!

>

> I have yet to see anyone who has something to say about foot baths

that has done one. . . From what I've seen those who make negative

comments about them have a vested interest in NOT seeing them used.

>

> I'm convinced the foot baths work . . . So is Dr. Kolb.

>

> Regardless of who gives you advise, you really, really need to go

with your gut feelings. . . If something/someone doesn't set well

with you, listen to that little voice. It may change from time to

time - i.e. what sounds bad today, may sound good tomorrow. That's

OK too . . . as long as it feels right to YOU!

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Beth,

You should not be in the care of a doctor who will leave you in tears.

That is not good or healthy doctoring!

Save yourself the agony and frustration of dealing with someone who

is not concerned enough about you to offer you the best care. You

sure are paying a premium dollar for it, so the care she gives you

ought to reflect the value of your investment.

Supplements alone without a detox effort are not going to have the

full effect. Some toxins can prevent nutrients from even getting

into the cells. I would do the coffee enemas at the very least,

along with the foot bath.

If she is not talking about detoxing much, then I wonder what she

does? Healing is not just about popping pills. I don't mean to make

you more concerned or anxious, but I do think that your doctor should

be held to a high standard of care.

Patty

>

> Rogene - I feel the same way about the foot baths. My mom and dad

both did them and the water was different for all of us. Actually,

my dad was the worst!!!! I have been thinking alot about what my ND

said, the advie I have gotten from here and my own gut instinct. As

far as the foot bath, I figure I have already purchased it and it is

not doing any harm so I plan to keep doing it. I may every once in

awhile go to my ND's office and use theirs but I figure she may have

told me this since they do it their so I can PAY her to do it.

>

> I did call her back yesterday and decided to go ahead an order the

supplements. I am going to give it a few months and if I do not feel

they are doing much for me, I am going to venture on my own or try to

find another ND around (although there are not any that I know of).

She got pretty short with me on the phone yesterday, actually when I

hung up I was in tears. Although, I will admitt my emotions are

extermely high right now for some reason.

>

> She only put me on supplements and no detox program. Would it be

recommeneded to go ahead and start doing more than the foot bath and

skin brushing? That is all I am doing right now. My ND did speak of

doing the coffee enemas, liver flushes and things like that but we

never go into anything like that.

>

> Much Love,

> Beth

>

>

> Re: Re: What Next????

>

> Beth,

>

> The water will change color with just the rods in it. But not

nearly as much as it does with feet in it! . . . But it will look

different for everyone. I'd suggest getting other family members and

friends to try it so you can see for yourself. . . A friend of one of

our members tried it . . His smelled like motor oil . . .turns out he

had worked as a mechanic for years!

>

> I have yet to see anyone who has something to say about foot baths

that has done one. . . From what I've seen those who make negative

comments about them have a vested interest in NOT seeing them used.

>

> I'm convinced the foot baths work . . . So is Dr. Kolb.

>

> Regardless of who gives you advise, you really, really need to go

with your gut feelings. . . If something/someone doesn't set well

with you, listen to that little voice. It may change from time to

time - i.e. what sounds bad today, may sound good tomorrow. That's

OK too . . . as long as it feels right to YOU!

>

> Hugs and prayers,

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Beth,

You sound like you're sorting things out . . . Your gut instincts are beginning to tell you what you need to do. . . Please trust them.

You're going to get through this. Most likely not as quickly as you had hoped . . . It takes time and patience.

I don't think your ND's foot baths will do anything any better than the one you have! . . .even if hers cost thousands more!

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Beth,

You sound like you're sorting things out . . . Your gut instincts are beginning to tell you what you need to do. . . Please trust them.

You're going to get through this. Most likely not as quickly as you had hoped . . . It takes time and patience.

I don't think your ND's foot baths will do anything any better than the one you have! . . .even if hers cost thousands more!

Hugs,

Rogene