RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Idea to get word out?/Alice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Alice,Ask them if they would be against braces also. People don't criticize them! You can find lots of stuff in the files section. Also check out this and this.

Just think of the problems that can be caused with asymmetrical eyes and ears and jawline.

We dealt with the same thing too. We weren't too polite in our reaction to the condescension.

Mom to Dane (4 yo) and Cecelia (15 mo) DOC Grads

>> I apologize if this question is obvious or repetitive, but does anyone know of any articles online that I can send to my inlaws that explain the medical reasons for treating plagio? I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't really know what the medical reasons are for treating plagio--we just wanted our baby's head to not look flat and dented! > > I'll provide a little background here: this is more of a vent, but my husband and I are receiving a lot of criticism from my inlaws (his parents) for putting our 10 month old in a DOC band. When I explained that there were medical reasons and that it wasn't just cosmetic, they literally scoffed (well laughed, really) at me. Unfortunately I wasn't armed with a lot of specific facts about what can happen medically if it's untreated. Our daughter's plagio was classified as moderate and our ped didn't really think it was that necessary to treat, but he gave us a referral anyway, we decided to do it and the insurance co covered it. Unfortunately that still has not quelled the criticism from the inlaws. Any advice?? Thanks in advance!> > Alice

Guest guest

Alice,Ask them if they would be against braces also. People don't criticize them! You can find lots of stuff in the files section. Also check out this and this.

Just think of the problems that can be caused with asymmetrical eyes and ears and jawline.

We dealt with the same thing too. We weren't too polite in our reaction to the condescension.

Mom to Dane (4 yo) and Cecelia (15 mo) DOC Grads

>> I apologize if this question is obvious or repetitive, but does anyone know of any articles online that I can send to my inlaws that explain the medical reasons for treating plagio? I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't really know what the medical reasons are for treating plagio--we just wanted our baby's head to not look flat and dented! > > I'll provide a little background here: this is more of a vent, but my husband and I are receiving a lot of criticism from my inlaws (his parents) for putting our 10 month old in a DOC band. When I explained that there were medical reasons and that it wasn't just cosmetic, they literally scoffed (well laughed, really) at me. Unfortunately I wasn't armed with a lot of specific facts about what can happen medically if it's untreated. Our daughter's plagio was classified as moderate and our ped didn't really think it was that necessary to treat, but he gave us a referral anyway, we decided to do it and the insurance co covered it. Unfortunately that still has not quelled the criticism from the inlaws. Any advice?? Thanks in advance!> > Alice