RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

hopefully good news

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi I got some good news(?). In December our Ped suspected my son having right torticollis and plagiocephaly(flat head on the right). It was true because we were able to see it. Only in Janauary we met the NeuroSurgeon at the childrens hospital.He told us to do some exercises(neck) and come back after 3 weeks. So after 3 weeks he could see some change but he opted us to go for DOC band. Our insurance by some reason did not have contract with them and sent us to Hanger Prosthetics(Hanger.com). The Ortho was inexperienced and not good enough to take the measurements. They charged $2000 for the helmet and i had to pay $500 from my pocket. I dreampt Ortho's measurements in my dreams too. We had to go to him twice for correct measurements. I had made an appeal to Insurance regarding going to DOC band which the Neuro suggested.But they denied it. Anyway i ended up paying $500 and got the helmet home. Then I was totally worried to put on the helmet on my baby. It was

exactly 4 months since the Ped detected and we got Helmet into our hands. During this period we were regularily doing the neck exercises with the baby, and made him sleep on a product called "Secure sleeper by DEX" (http://www.dexproducts.com/Pages/sleepingproducts1.html) which was $10 in Target. We almost couldn't see the torticollis or flat head after these 4 months.The neuro wasn't so good and so i had to call insurance and ask for a second opinion with a senior doctor. Dr.McComb in Los Angeles examined the baby and said he is perfectly alright(no torticollis or no flat head) and except the ears are slightly misaligned, almost negligible and no need of any helmet.HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..that was a big relief. We are still using the secure sleeper whenever we put him to bed.:) it worked with my baby's condition and thanks to it. I am so happy to share with you all this experience who has given me lot of strength,knowledge and power to move further.I do

not take this granted but still keep a watch on him . Especially, many a thanks to those who moderate this forum. I will not be out of this forum and will keep answering people like me who is in dillemma like i was. I love you all and I pray for you all and pray for my son. Son ( 5.5 months old)(right torticollis and flat head plagiocephaly resolved (?) hopefully) Thanks Anil usviteacher <usviteacher@...> wrote: I 'm not sure if we "spooke" before. But ive recently went through the appeals process for my son. We won Docband coverage 100%. OUr insurance sent us to a non-docband facility things didn't work out there. I then tried to switch to CT - but was denied by insurance - they sent us back to the orginial facility. I went through

the appeals process and won. Andres is now in his 2 docband. Please let me know how everything goes..as i may have useful/helpful info for you (insurance wise) good things to include etc.. Hazel and Andres, 17 months old Docband #2 I really need to get working on my insurance appeal as I have to submit > it in about a week. Basically my situation is a bit different and if > anyone has done an appeal similar to mine I'd really appreciate any > advice. > > I was not denied a helmet/band but Cranial Tech was denied, out of > network coverage as I had in network coverage. > I chose however to go with Cranial Tech instead of the in- network > coverage. So basically I need to prove that they were not good enough > and CT is. > > So the typical insurance appeal stuff is not directly relevant to my > situation. > > Thanks in advance > > Sherry > Chase (6 months) > tort. > DOCband 2/15 > > > > > > > For more plagio info

Guest guest

Hi I got some good news(?). In December our Ped suspected my son having right torticollis and plagiocephaly(flat head on the right). It was true because we were able to see it. Only in Janauary we met the NeuroSurgeon at the childrens hospital.He told us to do some exercises(neck) and come back after 3 weeks. So after 3 weeks he could see some change but he opted us to go for DOC band. Our insurance by some reason did not have contract with them and sent us to Hanger Prosthetics(Hanger.com). The Ortho was inexperienced and not good enough to take the measurements. They charged $2000 for the helmet and i had to pay $500 from my pocket. I dreampt Ortho's measurements in my dreams too. We had to go to him twice for correct measurements. I had made an appeal to Insurance regarding going to DOC band which the Neuro suggested.But they denied it. Anyway i ended up paying $500 and got the helmet home. Then I was totally worried to put on the helmet on my baby. It was

exactly 4 months since the Ped detected and we got Helmet into our hands. During this period we were regularily doing the neck exercises with the baby, and made him sleep on a product called "Secure sleeper by DEX" (http://www.dexproducts.com/Pages/sleepingproducts1.html) which was $10 in Target. We almost couldn't see the torticollis or flat head after these 4 months.The neuro wasn't so good and so i had to call insurance and ask for a second opinion with a senior doctor. Dr.McComb in Los Angeles examined the baby and said he is perfectly alright(no torticollis or no flat head) and except the ears are slightly misaligned, almost negligible and no need of any helmet.HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..that was a big relief. We are still using the secure sleeper whenever we put him to bed.:) it worked with my baby's condition and thanks to it. I am so happy to share with you all this experience who has given me lot of strength,knowledge and power to move further.I do

not take this granted but still keep a watch on him . Especially, many a thanks to those who moderate this forum. I will not be out of this forum and will keep answering people like me who is in dillemma like i was. I love you all and I pray for you all and pray for my son. Son ( 5.5 months old)(right torticollis and flat head plagiocephaly resolved (?) hopefully) Thanks Anil usviteacher <usviteacher@...> wrote: I 'm not sure if we "spooke" before. But ive recently went through the appeals process for my son. We won Docband coverage 100%. OUr insurance sent us to a non-docband facility things didn't work out there. I then tried to switch to CT - but was denied by insurance - they sent us back to the orginial facility. I went through

the appeals process and won. Andres is now in his 2 docband. Please let me know how everything goes..as i may have useful/helpful info for you (insurance wise) good things to include etc.. Hazel and Andres, 17 months old Docband #2 I really need to get working on my insurance appeal as I have to submit > it in about a week. Basically my situation is a bit different and if > anyone has done an appeal similar to mine I'd really appreciate any > advice. > > I was not denied a helmet/band but Cranial Tech was denied, out of > network coverage as I had in network coverage. > I chose however to go with Cranial Tech instead of the in- network > coverage. So basically I need to prove that they were not good enough > and CT is. > > So the typical insurance appeal stuff is not directly relevant to my > situation. > > Thanks in advance > > Sherry > Chase (6 months) > tort. > DOCband 2/15 > > > > > > > For more plagio info