RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: new with 15 month old from China...procedure?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have an insurance question. My twins were both banded at CT. Bradley graduated last week and Madison has a couple of weeks to go. Our insurance denied our claim (Principal). As of February 1st we have Aetna. Can we submit a claim with them? I was hoping maybe we could do this for Madison since she is currently being treated. Also, if anyone won a claim with Principal Insurance....suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I want to be a stay at home Mommy for as long as possible but helmet debt is interfering.

From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ] On Behalf Of stripes6060Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:38 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: Re: new with 15 month old from China...procedure?

Hi Jennie,I second everything has already told you. I'm also sending youa hug. (((((Jennie))))) Keep us posted.>> Thanks to all of you and your tips. My husband and I would > definitely like to persue the banding, but Aetna states they won't > do it after 12 months on their website. I am hoping to get them to > change this, since with an adopted child, this just wasn't > possible. Anyway, I'll let you all know what they tell me... I'd be > willing to make the drive to Phoenix if it was only every three > weeks. My hubby could go with me, since I am quite leary of making > the 8 hour trip with two kids by myself. It would be great to get > all of the assessment/banding done on the same trip. I'd hate to > have to wait longer if we could get right in. One more question: Do > I just get the scrip from my pediatrician, or do I have to get a > referral to a craio-facial person first? There are some local Hanger > offices, so I may go with that, if they know what they are doing.> > THanks again, all. This is so tough deciding to do this with a new > child. We have the adoption issues to deal with: attachment, sleep > issues, daycare, etc, and adding this all to the mix is causing some > emotional stress on my part. Plus, of course, the fact that my > family thinks "Hey, why put her through that? Her hair will > eventually cover it, right?" Well, not if she ever goes swimming, > and she has quite a bit of hair now (almost to her shoulders at 15 > months!) and it is obvious to me! I guess I just need a hug... My > husband feels that, like braces, if it is something that we have > control over that we can treat now, why wouldn't we? Still, the > thought of seeing Hallie in a band for months and months is tough. > You all know that. Since she is older, I assume she will have to > wear it longer, too.> > Anyway, thanks for listening. It's tough feeling like my window of > opportunity might be severely restricted and that my ped didn't even > tell me this when we saw her. Makes me mad. Is this a common > mistake by pediatricians?> > Jennie>

Guest guest

I have an insurance question. My twins were both banded at CT. Bradley graduated last week and Madison has a couple of weeks to go. Our insurance denied our claim (Principal). As of February 1st we have Aetna. Can we submit a claim with them? I was hoping maybe we could do this for Madison since she is currently being treated. Also, if anyone won a claim with Principal Insurance....suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I want to be a stay at home Mommy for as long as possible but helmet debt is interfering.

From: Plagiocephaly [mailto:Plagiocephaly ] On Behalf Of stripes6060Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:38 PMPlagiocephaly Subject: Re: new with 15 month old from China...procedure?

Hi Jennie,I second everything has already told you. I'm also sending youa hug. (((((Jennie))))) Keep us posted.>> Thanks to all of you and your tips. My husband and I would > definitely like to persue the banding, but Aetna states they won't > do it after 12 months on their website. I am hoping to get them to > change this, since with an adopted child, this just wasn't > possible. Anyway, I'll let you all know what they tell me... I'd be > willing to make the drive to Phoenix if it was only every three > weeks. My hubby could go with me, since I am quite leary of making > the 8 hour trip with two kids by myself. It would be great to get > all of the assessment/banding done on the same trip. I'd hate to > have to wait longer if we could get right in. One more question: Do > I just get the scrip from my pediatrician, or do I have to get a > referral to a craio-facial person first? There are some local Hanger > offices, so I may go with that, if they know what they are doing.> > THanks again, all. This is so tough deciding to do this with a new > child. We have the adoption issues to deal with: attachment, sleep > issues, daycare, etc, and adding this all to the mix is causing some > emotional stress on my part. Plus, of course, the fact that my > family thinks "Hey, why put her through that? Her hair will > eventually cover it, right?" Well, not if she ever goes swimming, > and she has quite a bit of hair now (almost to her shoulders at 15 > months!) and it is obvious to me! I guess I just need a hug... My > husband feels that, like braces, if it is something that we have > control over that we can treat now, why wouldn't we? Still, the > thought of seeing Hallie in a band for months and months is tough. > You all know that. Since she is older, I assume she will have to > wear it longer, too.> > Anyway, thanks for listening. It's tough feeling like my window of > opportunity might be severely restricted and that my ped didn't even > tell me this when we saw her. Makes me mad. Is this a common > mistake by pediatricians?> > Jennie>