RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: To vaccinate or not to vaccinate

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you for the information! I bet they'll insist I get the vaccination instead of the mist, then. The mist did produce a significantly stronger reaction in me last year, I felt all achey, feverish, and sneezed for about 24-48 hours afterward, but to me, that was a good thing, because it meant my body was producing a proper amount of immunity to the viruses. I'll talk it over with my doctor tomorrow and see what she says. In my way of thinking, I'd rather take the shot or the mist, get a mild exposure to it, and get over it, than to risk getting the full-blown flu by not taking the shot (which I always got the flu before I was taking shots) and put my body through even more stress and strain trying to fight off an actual infection. I'm very interested to see what the doctor has to say about it! :)

I had my blood drawn today for my first 6-week check, and wouldn't you know, he missed the vein the first time. LOL! I've been vampired! At least going through all of this blood work has almost completely done away with my horrible dread for having blood drawn. Never really minded getting shots, but always hated having blood drawn. Now, I was looking forward to it, because it meant getting new lab results. LOL!

Re: To vaccinate or not to vaccinate> > > > If you have Hashimoto's and are thinking of having a flu vaccine (or any> > vaccine for that matter) you need to consider that a vaccination> stimulates> > an immune response in your body by introducing a virus (live or killed).> > Hashi's is an auto-immune disease so any immune response *may* effect your> > Hashi's. Hashi's patients do not have a *normal* or *healthy* immune> > system. So discuss this seriously with your doctor before proceeding.> >> > I know that animal vaccinations bear a label that states they are NOT to> be> > given to an unhealthy animal. I wonder if human vaccines are labelled the> > same?> >> > Donna in Oz.> > > > >

Thank you for the information! I bet they'll insist I get the vaccination instead of the mist, then. The mist did produce a significantly stronger reaction in me last year, I felt all achey, feverish, and sneezed for about 24-48 hours afterward, but to me, that was a good thing, because it meant my body was producing a proper amount of immunity to the viruses. I'll talk it over with my doctor tomorrow and see what she says. In my way of thinking, I'd rather take the shot or the mist, get a mild exposure to it, and get over it, than to risk getting the full-blown flu by not taking the shot (which I always got the flu before I was taking shots) and put my body through even more stress and strain trying to fight off an actual infection. I'm very interested to see what the doctor has to say about it! :)

I had my blood drawn today for my first 6-week check, and wouldn't you know, he missed the vein the first time. LOL! I've been vampired! At least going through all of this blood work has almost completely done away with my horrible dread for having blood drawn. Never really minded getting shots, but always hated having blood drawn. Now, I was looking forward to it, because it meant getting new lab results. LOL!

Re: To vaccinate or not to vaccinate> > > > If you have Hashimoto's and are thinking of having a flu vaccine (or any> > vaccine for that matter) you need to consider that a vaccination> stimulates> > an immune response in your body by introducing a virus (live or killed).> > Hashi's is an auto-immune disease so any immune response *may* effect your> > Hashi's. Hashi's patients do not have a *normal* or *healthy* immune> > system. So discuss this seriously with your doctor before proceeding.> >> > I know that animal vaccinations bear a label that states they are NOT to> be> > given to an unhealthy animal. I wonder if human vaccines are labelled the> > same?> >> > Donna in Oz.> > > > >

Thanks for this info Kat. I'm not sure if we even get the flu mist here in the UK, but whatever, I think I'll give it a miss. I've never had the shot before, so don't think I'll bother now:-))) Love Chris

I have a nurse friend who has told me that the flu mist is an active virus and not to be given to anyone who is not totally healthy and not under the age of 12. She listed auto immune as one of the conditions when it should not be used. As for the shot....I have gotten it every year until last year...never had the flu but that could be due to several reasons....not being exposed to it etc....Who knows???Kat

Thanks for this info Kat. I'm not sure if we even get the flu mist here in the UK, but whatever, I think I'll give it a miss. I've never had the shot before, so don't think I'll bother now:-))) Love Chris

I have a nurse friend who has told me that the flu mist is an active virus and not to be given to anyone who is not totally healthy and not under the age of 12. She listed auto immune as one of the conditions when it should not be used. As for the shot....I have gotten it every year until last year...never had the flu but that could be due to several reasons....not being exposed to it etc....Who knows???Kat

I'm curious...what exactly are the negative effects of hypothyroid people taking the flu shot?

Re: To vaccinate or NOT to vaccinate

Re: To vaccinate or not to vaccinateWhen in doubt DO NOT do it. I am NOT taking the vaccine.My thought, if an employer is threatening you about this vacinne...I would point out to her/them that she and the system will have to take personalresponsibilty for the negative effects this forceable vaccine WILL have on you. I would write this out and add that you are taking the vaccine under duress, have your boss and the nurse doing the injection sign this agreement, put pages from medical journals etc - attach them to the document so they are "informed". Have them initial each attached page as read.When they see all this-they will beg you NOT to take the shot.-Bobbie

I'm curious...what exactly are the negative effects of hypothyroid people taking the flu shot?

Re: To vaccinate or not to vaccinateWhen in doubt DO NOT do it. I am NOT taking the vaccine.My thought, if an employer is threatening you about this vacinne...I would point out to her/them that she and the system will have to take personalresponsibilty for the negative effects this forceable vaccine WILL have on you. I would write this out and add that you are taking the vaccine under duress, have your boss and the nurse doing the injection sign this agreement, put pages from medical journals etc - attach them to the document so they are "informed". Have them initial each attached page as read.When they see all this-they will beg you NOT to take the shot.-Bobbie

See my answer in a previous post.

Re: Re: To vaccinate or NOT to vaccinate

See my answer in a previous post.

Re: Re: To vaccinate or NOT to vaccinate

The negative affect for me, even being around someone that gets the flu shot... is that I catch the flu....

Topper ()

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:37:30 -0400 " " writes:

Not to mention health care

being populated by women who wear perfumes

that aggravate chemical sensitivities, and the use of various toxic

chemical cleansers and air fresheners....

Patty

Patty, those things are an

abomination aren’t they !! If your house is clean you don’t have to cover up

smells ..

JMHO !

Patty

smells ..

JMHO !

Patty

smells ..

JMHO !

I also wonder how much I've

damaged my health by being such a fan of

bleach in the past!

8(

Yes, Patty it is dangerous,

and not good to be pumping it into our water system either.. we are learning

now, aren’t we.. thanks be !!

I am using bicarbonate of

soda to clean my cups when they get stained, a much better option.. saves me

having to use gallons of water with a dishwasher too.. ( aren’t I a cheapskate

! J)

bleach in the past!

8(

! J)

bleach in the past!

8(

! J)

THANKYOU!!! Every time I see those air spritzer commercials and the clean the bacteria out of the air sprays.... why don't you just clean up what stinks????

I try to get a solid air freshener in the winter time... a flower scent... to make the room less dreary in the winter time... to have the smell of flowers.. but I've never just saturated a room.......

Topper ()

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:02:55 +0100 "Dianne Lam" writes:

Patty, those things are an abomination aren’t they !! If your house is clean you don’t have to cover up smells ..

JMHO !

THANKYOU!!! Every time I see those air spritzer commercials and the clean the bacteria out of the air sprays.... why don't you just clean up what stinks????

I try to get a solid air freshener in the winter time... a flower scent... to make the room less dreary in the winter time... to have the smell of flowers.. but I've never just saturated a room.......

Topper ()

Patty, those things are an abomination aren’t they !! If your house is clean you don’t have to cover up smells ..

JMHO !

Topper ()

JMHO !

That brings up an interesting thought.... I used to use bleach a lot for cleaning.... When it got poison ivy the first time I practically bathed in it and it got me through the infection.... in later years I started not liking the smell much... now... I can smell the chlorine when the dishwasher is running... on the other side of the house!!!

We have a private well, for water, so our water has no chlorine of fluorine in it.. so it's the chemical in the dishwasher gel stuff.... No wonder that stuff kills septic systems.... Pet peeve of mine... I'll shut up now....

Topper ()

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:11:40 -0000 "patty blake" writes:

what I don't understand is, even if they don't make you sick (and ifthey don't lucky you!) they stink! I also wonder how much I've damaged my health by being such a fan ofbleach in the past!8(

That brings up an interesting thought.... I used to use bleach a lot for cleaning.... When it got poison ivy the first time I practically bathed in it and it got me through the infection.... in later years I started not liking the smell much... now... I can smell the chlorine when the dishwasher is running... on the other side of the house!!!

We have a private well, for water, so our water has no chlorine of fluorine in it.. so it's the chemical in the dishwasher gel stuff.... No wonder that stuff kills septic systems.... Pet peeve of mine... I'll shut up now....

Topper ()

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:11:40 -0000 "patty blake" writes:

what I don't understand is, even if they don't make you sick (and ifthey don't lucky you!) they stink! I also wonder how much I've damaged my health by being such a fan ofbleach in the past!8(

Ooooh - so there's bleach in dishwasher powder?????? Not thought about that! Love Chris

Topper ()

Ooooh - so there's bleach in dishwasher powder?????? Not thought about that! Love Chris

Topper ()