RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Docs on A-list

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for talking to Dr. March about some docs, always very helpful.

I had a look at the A-list and picked three names from which we do not know

a lot or nothing:

Dr. Glenn Schattman (recommended by Dr. Olive),

Dr. Tina Koppersmith (recommended by Dr. March) and

Dr. Alan Copperman (recommended by Dr. Olive).

I know that some members have seen Dr. Copperman, were they satisfied?

Is Dr. March still of the opinion to recommend Dr. Koppersmith?

Has anyone been to Dr. Schattman?

Food for thought, Corinna

Guest guest

Hi,

I am not sure who originally wrote this email, but I wanted to chime in and say I used Dr. Copperman, and I was very pleased. I had severe AS. I was completely obliterated. I had a lap/hyst on July 29th, after which I was scar free. I am now 16 weeks pg. Before surgery I had 1mm of lining. Two weeks after I was up to 6mm, and 3 weeks later, I was up to 9mm (and no longer on estrogen).

Another member did use him, and it looks like after a second surgery she will be on the road to recovery. I also know someone (she worked for my father for 15 years) who has had surgery from him. She had tubal and uterine surgery with him. She was able to carry successfully after his surgery, and had six mc prior to meeting him!

Re Dr. Schattman, one member did use him. She now uses Copperman. Schattman did successfully treat her AS, although it is not clear what caused it while under his care. He is definately a good pelvic surgeon, and has successfully performed delicate surgery.

I think it is important to be careful before we add/remove anyone from the A or B list. I think the bad list is a good idea, but we must be cautious with that as well. Also, I think it is important that we remember that even with the "best" doctors it will very often take multiple surgeries to remedy AS. Many members have had great outcomes after multiple surgeries. I know my story brings hope to the one surgery/good outcome scenario, but it looks like it is the exception, rather than the rule. I think that I was lucky that when they ripped apart my uterus, they managed to leave a generous 1 mm of lining. Lucky I am not performing their d and c's!!!!!!!

"Corinna M. Dartenne" wrote:

Thanks for talking to Dr. March about some docs, always very helpful.I had a look at the A-list and picked three names from which we do not know a lot or nothing:Dr. Glenn Schattman (recommended by Dr. Olive),Dr. Tina Koppersmith (recommended by Dr. March) andDr. Alan Copperman (recommended by Dr. Olive).I know that some members have seen Dr. Copperman, were they satisfied?Is Dr. March still of the opinion to recommend Dr. Koppersmith?Has anyone been to Dr. Schattman?Food for thought, Corinna

Guest guest

Hi,

I am not sure who originally wrote this email, but I wanted to chime in and say I used Dr. Copperman, and I was very pleased. I had severe AS. I was completely obliterated. I had a lap/hyst on July 29th, after which I was scar free. I am now 16 weeks pg. Before surgery I had 1mm of lining. Two weeks after I was up to 6mm, and 3 weeks later, I was up to 9mm (and no longer on estrogen).

Another member did use him, and it looks like after a second surgery she will be on the road to recovery. I also know someone (she worked for my father for 15 years) who has had surgery from him. She had tubal and uterine surgery with him. She was able to carry successfully after his surgery, and had six mc prior to meeting him!

Re Dr. Schattman, one member did use him. She now uses Copperman. Schattman did successfully treat her AS, although it is not clear what caused it while under his care. He is definately a good pelvic surgeon, and has successfully performed delicate surgery.

I think it is important to be careful before we add/remove anyone from the A or B list. I think the bad list is a good idea, but we must be cautious with that as well. Also, I think it is important that we remember that even with the "best" doctors it will very often take multiple surgeries to remedy AS. Many members have had great outcomes after multiple surgeries. I know my story brings hope to the one surgery/good outcome scenario, but it looks like it is the exception, rather than the rule. I think that I was lucky that when they ripped apart my uterus, they managed to leave a generous 1 mm of lining. Lucky I am not performing their d and c's!!!!!!!

"Corinna M. Dartenne" wrote:

Thanks for talking to Dr. March about some docs, always very helpful.I had a look at the A-list and picked three names from which we do not know a lot or nothing:Dr. Glenn Schattman (recommended by Dr. Olive),Dr. Tina Koppersmith (recommended by Dr. March) andDr. Alan Copperman (recommended by Dr. Olive).I know that some members have seen Dr. Copperman, were they satisfied?Is Dr. March still of the opinion to recommend Dr. Koppersmith?Has anyone been to Dr. Schattman?Food for thought, Corinna