RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Good Link--Different Thyroid Disorders - left-handedness and Hashi's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hmmmmm....

When I started to write, I wrote left-handed. My mother, a teacher at the time, made me switch to the right. I can no longer write with my left hand, but I still do lots of other things left-handed, like cut my food...drives my dinner partners crazy.

My hair started turning white at 21, my grandfather on my mother's side was completely white at 19, and my mother had Grave's disease.

I'm very crafty, but have little actual artistic talent...I'd love to be able to draw, but can't even manage a respectable stick person LOL.

Discover Yahoo! Find restaurants, movies, travel more fun for the weekend. Check it out!

Guest guest

Hmmmmm....

When I started to write, I wrote left-handed. My mother, a teacher at the time, made me switch to the right. I can no longer write with my left hand, but I still do lots of other things left-handed, like cut my food...drives my dinner partners crazy.

My hair started turning white at 21, my grandfather on my mother's side was completely white at 19, and my mother had Grave's disease.

I'm very crafty, but have little actual artistic talent...I'd love to be able to draw, but can't even manage a respectable stick person LOL.

Discover Yahoo! Find restaurants, movies, travel more fun for the weekend. Check it out!

Guest guest

At the age of 6 was diagnosed as having only 25% vision in right eye and at 11 years was diagnosed again having double vision, now the brain automaticly deletes what the right eye sees. When at school was an athlete doing long and 3 jump plus all the other field sports all taking off with the left foot. Left ear dominant after mastoid in right ear at 6 years old and losing some hearing. Used to play in a dart league in UK and always stood off centre to compensate did that without even thinking. When it comes to golf keep changing my mind as to which feels most comfortable, still working it out. WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn topper2@... wrote:

We're remembering it just the opposite of each other... we need a tie breaker... who's up on this more currently then I am..... it's been about 20 years since I was researching vision.

I'm right handed. Right footed. Left eared (even though my left ear canal is smaller than my right).

My family was into skeet shooting when I was a kid.. I tried once. I'm right handed so but the gun to my right shoulder. But had to sight with my left eye. that put my right ear against the gun barrel. I shot once, only once and NEVER again.

But.. we were also into archery... held the bow right handed... and still held my head really weird to sight with my left eye. I shot really well.. Much better than I should have for having no depth perception.

Bowling was right handed. Golfing is right handed.. But, here's a weird one, has to do with how my brain judges and calculates distance with monocular vision. I can do mini golf outside, in grass or artificial turf just fine. But on an indoor course, with carpet... I can't do it... I can't judge the distance the first time through the course... I have to walk it first... then I can play.

Topper ()

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:25:32 -0700 (PDT) writes:

When my son was tested for Dyslexia (he was only8years old then), the pyschologist rolled up anewspaper into a tube shape and handed it to him andasked him to use it as a telescope. My son took itwith his right hand and held it to his left eye. Thenthe pysch took the newspaper back and rolled it upinto a ball and asked him to kick it. He kicked withhis left foot. Usually the dominant eye is on the sameside as the dominant hand. In Dyslexics 'crosslaterality' is common. If I've got any of that wrong forgive me it's gettinglate.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

At the age of 6 was diagnosed as having only 25% vision in right eye and at 11 years was diagnosed again having double vision, now the brain automaticly deletes what the right eye sees. When at school was an athlete doing long and 3 jump plus all the other field sports all taking off with the left foot. Left ear dominant after mastoid in right ear at 6 years old and losing some hearing. Used to play in a dart league in UK and always stood off centre to compensate did that without even thinking. When it comes to golf keep changing my mind as to which feels most comfortable, still working it out. WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn topper2@... wrote:

We're remembering it just the opposite of each other... we need a tie breaker... who's up on this more currently then I am..... it's been about 20 years since I was researching vision.

I'm right handed. Right footed. Left eared (even though my left ear canal is smaller than my right).

My family was into skeet shooting when I was a kid.. I tried once. I'm right handed so but the gun to my right shoulder. But had to sight with my left eye. that put my right ear against the gun barrel. I shot once, only once and NEVER again.

But.. we were also into archery... held the bow right handed... and still held my head really weird to sight with my left eye. I shot really well.. Much better than I should have for having no depth perception.

Bowling was right handed. Golfing is right handed.. But, here's a weird one, has to do with how my brain judges and calculates distance with monocular vision. I can do mini golf outside, in grass or artificial turf just fine. But on an indoor course, with carpet... I can't do it... I can't judge the distance the first time through the course... I have to walk it first... then I can play.

Topper ()

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:25:32 -0700 (PDT) writes:

When my son was tested for Dyslexia (he was only8years old then), the pyschologist rolled up anewspaper into a tube shape and handed it to him andasked him to use it as a telescope. My son took itwith his right hand and held it to his left eye. Thenthe pysch took the newspaper back and rolled it upinto a ball and asked him to kick it. He kicked withhis left foot. Usually the dominant eye is on the sameside as the dominant hand. In Dyslexics 'crosslaterality' is common. If I've got any of that wrong forgive me it's gettinglate.__________________________________________________

Guest guest

We have an area in the links section off the group home page http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Thyroid_Support_Group/where everyone can list their commercial sites and their personal sites.. So when folks have time / are curious they can wander by and check out what members are up to .....

Topper ()

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:02:41 -0500 Deana Brown writes:

same here I have website called Deanas Designs. I do linkware graphics. And buisness Web sites. If anyone wants to see my site I will post it but I know not to send it group as if advertising.HugsDeana

Guest guest

We have an area in the links section off the group home page http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Thyroid_Support_Group/where everyone can list their commercial sites and their personal sites.. So when folks have time / are curious they can wander by and check out what members are up to .....

Topper ()

same here I have website called Deanas Designs. I do linkware graphics. And buisness Web sites. If anyone wants to see my site I will post it but I know not to send it group as if advertising.HugsDeana

Guest guest

Topper ()

Guest guest

Well, Dawn.. Is that bad eye likely to wander a bit? Does it not follow the same track as the good eye when folks are looking at your or when you look into a mirror? I could be that you were born with strabismus and then it developed into ambliopia... same as my eye... Same eye too.... the clue is that the 'weak' eye also wanders. It has to do with a genetic flaw in the muscle that runs over the bridge of the nose allowing the eye to aim correctly.

My right eye/left brain communication shut off (ambliopia) while I was too young to ever register it... So I never had the double vision part. If it's diagnosed before the age of three they can do corrective surgery on the muscle that crosses over the nose and then train the brain to acknowledge that eye.... after the age of three is said to be impossible .. but my doc was dumbfounded when I came back after six months of the therapy that I concocted for myself and my vision went from 20/200 to 20/40. But I still didn't have binocular vision. I couldn't get that back. The brain just can't reroute that function at that late an age.. mid to late 20's, I'd have to go get a calendar to pin it down more.

I haven't kept up that therapy so the eye is 'dumb' again.

For you.. you're brain learned.. but the muscle may have lost more and more control over time, hence the double vision and later the mental block...

I'd love to talk with you more about it, off list of course, or we'll bore everyone.... If this is what is up with your eye you are the only other person that I've 'met' in my lifetime.... that's had the brain ignore that eye's signal.

Topper ()

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:17:46 -0700 (PDT) dawn prince writes:

Dawn

Guest guest

Well, Dawn.. Is that bad eye likely to wander a bit? Does it not follow the same track as the good eye when folks are looking at your or when you look into a mirror? I could be that you were born with strabismus and then it developed into ambliopia... same as my eye... Same eye too.... the clue is that the 'weak' eye also wanders. It has to do with a genetic flaw in the muscle that runs over the bridge of the nose allowing the eye to aim correctly.

My right eye/left brain communication shut off (ambliopia) while I was too young to ever register it... So I never had the double vision part. If it's diagnosed before the age of three they can do corrective surgery on the muscle that crosses over the nose and then train the brain to acknowledge that eye.... after the age of three is said to be impossible .. but my doc was dumbfounded when I came back after six months of the therapy that I concocted for myself and my vision went from 20/200 to 20/40. But I still didn't have binocular vision. I couldn't get that back. The brain just can't reroute that function at that late an age.. mid to late 20's, I'd have to go get a calendar to pin it down more.

I haven't kept up that therapy so the eye is 'dumb' again.

For you.. you're brain learned.. but the muscle may have lost more and more control over time, hence the double vision and later the mental block...

I'd love to talk with you more about it, off list of course, or we'll bore everyone.... If this is what is up with your eye you are the only other person that I've 'met' in my lifetime.... that's had the brain ignore that eye's signal.

Topper ()

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:17:46 -0700 (PDT) dawn prince writes:

Dawn

Guest guest

People who generally easily use both right and left hands for a lot of stuff

have been proven to have a much thicker brain stem, with both sides of the

brain communicating with the other side much more easily.

Re: Good Link--Different Thyroid

Disorders - left-handedness and Hashi's

> I am left handed but I bat right, play hockey right, etc..

> I am not sure how much of this though has to do with being lefthanded

> or growing up in a school system that had no lefthanded equipment and

> if you to play well that is what you palyed with. Plus for batting

> etc. they taught everyone how to bat right handed.

> I remember switching school districts in grade 3 and actually getting

> the strap at school for using my left hand..needless to say that was

> the last of that school district. I could never learn Archery right

> handed and gave up on it because if I shot it lefthanded I would get

> huge welts on my arm..

Guest guest

People who generally easily use both right and left hands for a lot of stuff

have been proven to have a much thicker brain stem, with both sides of the

brain communicating with the other side much more easily.

Re: Good Link--Different Thyroid

> I am left handed but I bat right, play hockey right, etc..

> I am not sure how much of this though has to do with being lefthanded

> or growing up in a school system that had no lefthanded equipment and

> if you to play well that is what you palyed with. Plus for batting

> etc. they taught everyone how to bat right handed.

> I remember switching school districts in grade 3 and actually getting

> the strap at school for using my left hand..needless to say that was

> the last of that school district. I could never learn Archery right

> handed and gave up on it because if I shot it lefthanded I would get

> huge welts on my arm..

Guest guest

I am left eye dominate, right handed at everything, except for carrying

things. Then, everything feels more natural carrying it in my left hand, on

my left shoulder, and I lead walking with my left foot. I am extremely

horribly panicked at driving anywhere that I haven't already been before,

dozens of times. Is there anything to that? I've never been tested for any

of these things.

RE: Re: Good Link--Different Thyroid

> When my son was tested for Dyslexia (he was only

> 8years old then), the pyschologist rolled up a

> newspaper into a tube shape and handed it to him and

> asked him to use it as a telescope. My son took it

> with his right hand and held it to his left eye. Then

> the pysch took the newspaper back and rolled it up

> into a ball and asked him to kick it. He kicked with

> his left foot. Usually the dominant eye is on the same

> side as the dominant hand. In Dyslexics 'cross

> laterality' is common.

> If I've got any of that wrong forgive me it's getting

> late.

>

>

Guest guest

As I said in another email, I feel very strange carrying anything in my right hand or on my right shoulder, yet I am essentially right handed, left eyed, I believe. I am more bent toward the arts---singing---yet I am mathematically and language minded as more of my gifts. Anything to this? Is there anywhere we can go to read about this sort of thing? I've come in, in the middle of this conversation, lol. This interests me.

Okay.. you kinda hooked me now... I am right handed but I don't know if that is by choice or necessity.. so I'm gonna add another variable to this topic... Dominant eye.

I have a bum right eye... so my dominant hand is my right hand to go with my dominant left eye.... how many of you are left handed with dominant right eye or vice versa..... Does anyone have dominant hand and eye on the same side? From my research on this... your dominant hand is the opposite of your dominant eye...

I've been a 'make it with what you have available type' since I was a kid... My mom was the same way... and dad is an inventor... I used to do some pretty darn good pencil sketches, preferring animals and landscapes. I enjoy making things but have never had wood working tools to be able to use wood... so in the last couple of years I got into cardboard construction... Amazing things you can do with cardboard and glue. You guys have heard of the greenhouse, the websites... and now I've drawn up the 'dream' construction of the clinic. Whether or not we'll be able to build something that unique I don't know.. but I have the drawings for it....

I designed several very customized computer centers (glorified hutches). One that seats one user and four computers, two monitors, two keyboards and workspace for one unit under repair. Another is for two users.. four puters, four monitors, four keyboards and workspace for two units under repair. Another single user unit that I built... and now I'm working on another until the is more U shaped like the set up I have now. All units include tons of storage, ventilation for the electronics to keep them cool, sliding shelves and work stations that pull out for use and tuck away for storage. All with doors to close things up to look neat and organized. The two seater was designed to fit on a ten foot wall, and when closed comes out only two feet from the wall... when open it has keyboard draws and pull out desks and such that give plenty of work space...

Oh oh.. getting carried away on that subject... I'm been trying to figure out the new U shaped unit the last few days... making use of the parts that I already have and adding to it to make the features that I now want to incorporate.

I'll be quiet now.....

Topper ()

Guest guest

As I said in another email, I feel very strange carrying anything in my right hand or on my right shoulder, yet I am essentially right handed, left eyed, I believe. I am more bent toward the arts---singing---yet I am mathematically and language minded as more of my gifts. Anything to this? Is there anywhere we can go to read about this sort of thing? I've come in, in the middle of this conversation, lol. This interests me.

Okay.. you kinda hooked me now... I am right handed but I don't know if that is by choice or necessity.. so I'm gonna add another variable to this topic... Dominant eye.

I have a bum right eye... so my dominant hand is my right hand to go with my dominant left eye.... how many of you are left handed with dominant right eye or vice versa..... Does anyone have dominant hand and eye on the same side? From my research on this... your dominant hand is the opposite of your dominant eye...

I've been a 'make it with what you have available type' since I was a kid... My mom was the same way... and dad is an inventor... I used to do some pretty darn good pencil sketches, preferring animals and landscapes. I enjoy making things but have never had wood working tools to be able to use wood... so in the last couple of years I got into cardboard construction... Amazing things you can do with cardboard and glue. You guys have heard of the greenhouse, the websites... and now I've drawn up the 'dream' construction of the clinic. Whether or not we'll be able to build something that unique I don't know.. but I have the drawings for it....

I designed several very customized computer centers (glorified hutches). One that seats one user and four computers, two monitors, two keyboards and workspace for one unit under repair. Another is for two users.. four puters, four monitors, four keyboards and workspace for two units under repair. Another single user unit that I built... and now I'm working on another until the is more U shaped like the set up I have now. All units include tons of storage, ventilation for the electronics to keep them cool, sliding shelves and work stations that pull out for use and tuck away for storage. All with doors to close things up to look neat and organized. The two seater was designed to fit on a ten foot wall, and when closed comes out only two feet from the wall... when open it has keyboard draws and pull out desks and such that give plenty of work space...

Oh oh.. getting carried away on that subject... I'm been trying to figure out the new U shaped unit the last few days... making use of the parts that I already have and adding to it to make the features that I now want to incorporate.

I'll be quiet now.....

Topper ()

Guest guest

I'll be quiet now.....

Topper ()

Guest guest

I LOVE house decorating, but I HATE the fine details of making crafty things. I'm more of the spacial-color-put-the-design-where-it-belongs kind of person. Mathematics, science, and the many things of fact and black-and-white detail seem to be my forte, when it comes to holding my attention for doing something, however. I sometimes exhaust myself thinking of too many things to do, but none of them are sitting down, except, lol, the internet. But ya know, the mind is VERY busy and interested when reading other people and new information, so that's not a really sedentary sit down thing either. Is this ADHD, do you think? NOT joking. I can run myself up the wall, lol! Was once diagnosed bipolar, briefly, then found out I was hyperthyroid, then went hypo, so I can't always carry out all the things that I desire to do.

I write and do some other crafty things.

And I'm ambidextrous if that matters :P

in LA

I am .......graphic artFeisty----- Original Message ----- > wrote: >> >How many are artists or involved in creative activity?

Guest guest

I LOVE house decorating, but I HATE the fine details of making crafty things. I'm more of the spacial-color-put-the-design-where-it-belongs kind of person. Mathematics, science, and the many things of fact and black-and-white detail seem to be my forte, when it comes to holding my attention for doing something, however. I sometimes exhaust myself thinking of too many things to do, but none of them are sitting down, except, lol, the internet. But ya know, the mind is VERY busy and interested when reading other people and new information, so that's not a really sedentary sit down thing either. Is this ADHD, do you think? NOT joking. I can run myself up the wall, lol! Was once diagnosed bipolar, briefly, then found out I was hyperthyroid, then went hypo, so I can't always carry out all the things that I desire to do.

in LA

I am .......graphic artFeisty----- Original Message ----- > wrote: >> >How many are artists or involved in creative activity?

Guest guest

I have heard that when thinking, whichway you turn your head determines if

you are a left brain thinker or right brain.....I usually tilt my head to

the right when thinking, so I think I am a left brain thinker.

I also am one that uses both hands for doing various things..... I also

think my left eye is the dominant one.

hugs

Feisty

> Disorders - left-handedness and Hashi's

>

>

> > When my son was tested for Dyslexia (he was only

> > 8years old then), the pyschologist rolled up a

> > newspaper into a tube shape and handed it to him and

> > asked him to use it as a telescope. My son took it

> > with his right hand and held it to his left eye. Then

> > the pysch took the newspaper back and rolled it up

> > into a ball and asked him to kick it. He kicked with

> > his left foot. Usually the dominant eye is on the same

> > side as the dominant hand. In Dyslexics 'cross

> > laterality' is common.

> > If I've got any of that wrong forgive me it's getting

> > late.

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

hugs

Feisty

>

>

> > late.

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

hugs

Feisty

>

>

> > late.

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Me too, ----- I am gifted with mathematical and verbal skills(scored highest anyone could in comprehension and almost that high in vocabulary)And my mathematical skills are more in algebra areas rather than geometrical.And it has been only in the past year or two that I discovered the artistic side.... Oh I knew I had a talent for floral arrangements,but not for graphic arts or other arts.... I have also been told I have a gift in writing..., and yet, I enjoy research.....

Feisty

I'll be quiet now.....

Topper ()

Guest guest

Me too, ----- I am gifted with mathematical and verbal skills(scored highest anyone could in comprehension and almost that high in vocabulary)And my mathematical skills are more in algebra areas rather than geometrical.And it has been only in the past year or two that I discovered the artistic side.... Oh I knew I had a talent for floral arrangements,but not for graphic arts or other arts.... I have also been told I have a gift in writing..., and yet, I enjoy research.....

Feisty

I'll be quiet now.....

Topper ()

Guest guest

Feisty

I'll be quiet now.....

Topper ()

Guest guest

I hate crafty things! But give me fonts, PSP,and I am happy!!!!!!

This is one of my creations......

in LA

Guest guest

I hate crafty things! But give me fonts, PSP,and I am happy!!!!!!

This is one of my creations......

in LA