RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: FINAL WEEK Challenge

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, I can't believe you don't know how to do the Cotton Eye Joe!!! Issiac(sp) Peyton Sweat, from Houston made that song famous and sang it in clubs all over Houston before he was murdered in the late 80's I think. He came home one Saturday night after performing and was killed in his own garage. His wife Sharon was in the kitchen cooking for him and didn't hear a thing. She was under investigation but they could never prove she did it, so it is still unsolved.

Anyway, I hear it quite often. It is usually followed by the schottische (and yes that is spelled right. I just looked it up in the dictionary). Neither are favorites of mine.

Guest guest

, I can't believe you don't know how to do the Cotton Eye Joe!!! Issiac(sp) Peyton Sweat, from Houston made that song famous and sang it in clubs all over Houston before he was murdered in the late 80's I think. He came home one Saturday night after performing and was killed in his own garage. His wife Sharon was in the kitchen cooking for him and didn't hear a thing. She was under investigation but they could never prove she did it, so it is still unsolved.

Anyway, I hear it quite often. It is usually followed by the schottische (and yes that is spelled right. I just looked it up in the dictionary). Neither are favorites of mine.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Melody, I'm tired just reading this!

I don't know how to do the cotton eyed Joe! Sheesh!

Grammy PatThe only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

Grammy PatThe only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

I accept the challenge Melody. I'll be practicing on what I know .....love the Cotton Eyed Joe.

Barbara

Guest guest

I'll even go find the music and either send it to the loop or upload it to the TexasTOPS website for ya'll......

I've got the music on a CD. Do you need the music? Maybe I can copy it and send to you.

Barbara

Guest guest

I'll even go find the music and either send it to the loop or upload it to the TexasTOPS website for ya'll......

I've got the music on a CD. Do you need the music? Maybe I can copy it and send to you.

Barbara

Guest guest

Barbara

Guest guest

Oh my goodness! These Texans who don't know the cotton-eyed joe!! I expected this from our Canadian or other "out-of-staters" but texans?? Trust me! There has to be at least ONE person in your chapter who is "texan" enough to know how to do it ROFL!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

http://www.texastops.org

email: topsmama@...

Melody's Christmas present to Levona:

Lighting the Way to Century Club In Waiting together!

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 7:17 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: FINAL WEEK Challenge

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

Our chapter is not having a meeting this week due to the fact we are unable to get our meeting room. What if I invite my neighbor up and we do the cotton eyed Joe in my den. I've got the music.....just not having a meeting.

Barbara

Two steppin' trimmers

Guest guest

Nope......I'm not real good but with those directions you sent Melody, I can practice and be better at SRD next year.

BArbara

Guest guest

Nope......I'm not real good but with those directions you sent Melody, I can practice and be better at SRD next year.

BArbara

Guest guest

LOL.....Janet I'll see if I can get my hubby to dance with us. He doesn't know his left from the right on a dance floor (doesn't dance), but we'll see. We don't even have 20 people in our TOPS chapter. They'll faint when I tell them I need them to do the Cotton Eyed Joe with me. Maybe I could put 20 of my beanie Bears in the den with us to watch. LOL

Barbara

Guest guest

LOL.....Janet I'll see if I can get my hubby to dance with us. He doesn't know his left from the right on a dance floor (doesn't dance), but we'll see. We don't even have 20 people in our TOPS chapter. They'll faint when I tell them I need them to do the Cotton Eyed Joe with me. Maybe I could put 20 of my beanie Bears in the den with us to watch. LOL

Barbara

Guest guest

Is there something else us people without cameras can do for a challenge this week?

Oh my goodness! These Texans who don't know the cotton-eyed joe!! I expected this from our Canadian or other "out-of-staters" but texans?? Trust me! There has to be at least ONE person in your chapter who is "texan" enough to know how to do it ROFL!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 7:17 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: FINAL WEEK Challenge

-Arthur C. e

EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

Guest guest

Is there something else us people without cameras can do for a challenge this week?

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-Arthur C. e

EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

Guest guest

But I'm a transplanted Texan. I'm from Pennsylvania. We do the polka there. I can do the polka!

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

But I'm a transplanted Texan. I'm from Pennsylvania. We do the polka there. I can do the polka!

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

heh heh.....how about promising me that I can teach you the cotton eyed joe at SRD next year?? LOL

You just work on getting that last couple of pounds off and reaching KOPS!! OK??

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

heh heh.....how about promising me that I can teach you the cotton eyed joe at SRD next year?? LOL

You just work on getting that last couple of pounds off and reaching KOPS!! OK??

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-Arthur C. e

Guest guest

LOL well.....if ya see the cotton eyed joe - it's a lot like a polka!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of PattycakesSent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:34 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: FINAL WEEK Challenge

-Arthur C. e