RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I Have an E.R. Story to Tell, i.e., I STILL Hate Doctors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

one of the things that I have learned is if I don't bring this sort of thing to the attention of those in charge then who will? There are those that are being treated in this horrible way and either do not have the knowledge to know it is wrong or are so intimidated that they cannot report them to the right people. Docs like this do not deserve to be given the opportunity to continue 'practicing' medicine as next time the person could die. The pain that you were describing my girlfriend had and she had a heart attack and the damage was done behind the heart where they could not do anything. She is OK but the ER staff got her to the ICU fast, it might be good to get another opinion and make the hospital pay for a complete workup. You are due from their negligence and not doing what was needed when you were there. You are too important to your family and friends and you are needed. Take care

Dawn wrote:

Lol, Dawn, I've been seriously thinking about doing just what you suggested. Know what? It went exactly the way I expected it would, and I'd have gotten a lot louder, but I wasn't sure what was going on in this ticker of mine, so I tried to remain calm. I'm telling you that it is so sad how the medical profession is so screwed up, what a shame. How do we know how many lives have been lost on acct of doctors like this one and many others around here in my area? It's everywhere else, I know.

Hi ,

Had one of those when my daughter was 12 she was hit in the face on a friday night softball game. He felt her jaw and said just a bruise go home and take asprin, on the Monday she was still in pain and still not able to close her teeth together properly so got her into a dentist who took x-rays and found 2 breaks in the jaw, one through where her wisdom tooth was forming and the other in the centre of her front lower teeth. I took the x-rays and marched right into my docs office and when he saw it he was not too pleased at what he saw and said he would look into it. I did not leave it there I wrote to the hospital board and told them exactly what I thought of the ER and the doc on call saying that there was nothing wrong when she had her jaw wired shut for 3 weeks and was on liquid codeine for the pain. Go over his head and report him you don't have to take that c..p from them whether you are insured or not. Where is his adherance to the

hypocratic oath? To do no harm!!!!!!!!!! Doing nothing can be as bad as doing something that is wrong. You went there for help and that should have been given no matter the circumstances and he had the obligation to listen to you whether he agreed with you or not and he also proved how ignorant he is about thyroid probs. I suppose that when we are on a different pay/financial level our worth goes accordingly to idiots like him, how would he like his mother to be treated in that manner??? And what about the next person that goes in and is treated like that and then dies????? He is not god he is not even a decent human being and he deserves what he gets so I would write and let each and every member of the hospital board know what happened and send a copy to the local paper for them to print. That should get some action. Oh, that doc in ER was never allowed back to our local hospital and he was severly

reprimanded. Oh! dear...... do you think that if I tippy-toe over and put the soap-box back I can do it without Topper seeing me???

Good luck

Dawn

.. __________________________________________________

Guest guest

one of the things that I have learned is if I don't bring this sort of thing to the attention of those in charge then who will? There are those that are being treated in this horrible way and either do not have the knowledge to know it is wrong or are so intimidated that they cannot report them to the right people. Docs like this do not deserve to be given the opportunity to continue 'practicing' medicine as next time the person could die. The pain that you were describing my girlfriend had and she had a heart attack and the damage was done behind the heart where they could not do anything. She is OK but the ER staff got her to the ICU fast, it might be good to get another opinion and make the hospital pay for a complete workup. You are due from their negligence and not doing what was needed when you were there. You are too important to your family and friends and you are needed. Take care

Dawn wrote:

Lol, Dawn, I've been seriously thinking about doing just what you suggested. Know what? It went exactly the way I expected it would, and I'd have gotten a lot louder, but I wasn't sure what was going on in this ticker of mine, so I tried to remain calm. I'm telling you that it is so sad how the medical profession is so screwed up, what a shame. How do we know how many lives have been lost on acct of doctors like this one and many others around here in my area? It's everywhere else, I know.

Hi ,

Had one of those when my daughter was 12 she was hit in the face on a friday night softball game. He felt her jaw and said just a bruise go home and take asprin, on the Monday she was still in pain and still not able to close her teeth together properly so got her into a dentist who took x-rays and found 2 breaks in the jaw, one through where her wisdom tooth was forming and the other in the centre of her front lower teeth. I took the x-rays and marched right into my docs office and when he saw it he was not too pleased at what he saw and said he would look into it. I did not leave it there I wrote to the hospital board and told them exactly what I thought of the ER and the doc on call saying that there was nothing wrong when she had her jaw wired shut for 3 weeks and was on liquid codeine for the pain. Go over his head and report him you don't have to take that c..p from them whether you are insured or not. Where is his adherance to the

hypocratic oath? To do no harm!!!!!!!!!! Doing nothing can be as bad as doing something that is wrong. You went there for help and that should have been given no matter the circumstances and he had the obligation to listen to you whether he agreed with you or not and he also proved how ignorant he is about thyroid probs. I suppose that when we are on a different pay/financial level our worth goes accordingly to idiots like him, how would he like his mother to be treated in that manner??? And what about the next person that goes in and is treated like that and then dies????? He is not god he is not even a decent human being and he deserves what he gets so I would write and let each and every member of the hospital board know what happened and send a copy to the local paper for them to print. That should get some action. Oh, that doc in ER was never allowed back to our local hospital and he was severly

reprimanded. Oh! dear...... do you think that if I tippy-toe over and put the soap-box back I can do it without Topper seeing me???

Good luck

Dawn

Guest guest

Dawn wrote:

Hi ,

Good luck

Dawn

Guest guest

Topper,

I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't be

commenting.

Debbie

--- topper2@... wrote:

> Dawn... is our resident Health Check expert!!!

> hehehehehehe

>

> The problem with the labs is that they did a total

> T4 and a T3 uptake...

> they don't even begin to tell us what the available

> (free) hormone is...

>

> Topper ()

>

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:44:07 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W

>

> writes:

> ,

>

> From what your lab values are showing is that you

> may

> not be converting enough of the T4 to T3. You may

> actually need additional T3, perhaps in the form of

> cytomel. Your T4 is at the top of the range and the

> T3 is below mid range. IMHO. You can get lab

> testing

> done without a doctor through healthcheck USA. And

> I

> believe there is a discount code you can plug in:

> 12345.

>

> Debbie

Guest guest

Topper,

commenting.

Debbie

--- topper2@... wrote:

> hehehehehehe

>

> T4 and a T3 uptake...

> (free) hormone is...

>

> Topper ()

>

>

> writes:

> ,

>

> may

> testing

> I

> 12345.

>

> Debbie

Guest guest

Topper,

commenting.

Debbie

--- topper2@... wrote:

> hehehehehehe

>

> T4 and a T3 uptake...

> (free) hormone is...

>

> Topper ()

>

>

> writes:

> ,

>

> may

> testing

> I

> 12345.

>

> Debbie

Guest guest

Oh yeah.... I know how about how you chow down after skipping a meal when you've been mini mealing... your metabolism is up and is use to regular feeding.. exactly what we want it to do.... When I skip meals I end up feeling like a bottomless pit.. like I can't get enough food into me.... that might have something to do with a basal response, memory, from the thyroid storm days..... nothing nastier than starving to death, your body eating itself, while you stuff everything you can get your hands on right on down your throat....

I'm getting mad at the ER doc again... You pay good money to get answers and you end up dealing with someone that doesnt' have a grasp of the basics, for your condition, that you already have researched and come to understand and then calls you a dope.... arrggghh....

shutting up now.

Topper ()

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:30:03 -0500 " " writes:

>His manner is atrocious. He didn't listen to you.. he knows doodle about thyroid... using old TSH ranges, and thyroid hormone tests that have been out dated for years cuz they don't tell you what is going on.... even so neither of those numbers is suggesting hyper, TSH is valueless for anyone on hormone replacement....

I wonder.... could you have had an adrenals surge from the long shift? Then the heavy meal hitting a system that had been in starvation mode for many hours.... that would have been a jolt to the digestion...

We do know that a sluggish digestion can cause GERD. We know that with suppressed TSH, which was your goal cuz of your Hashi's means you are dependant on your replacement and conversion. If you had a big stress night... no food, running on adrenals instead of food energy that could have flummoxed everything up.

<snip>

Yep, what you've said is one of the things that I've considered, but the visit to ER certainly didn't tell me, did it? All the palps I was having, heck, I could have MVP, but we won't know that either, will we? HE even said "all those palps". Guess he thought I was totally stupid or something. I KNEW I was in trouble, when I forgot my lunch, as I'm so used to eating every 2 or 3 hrs now. That night, I had not even taken two bites right after I got up from bed, of all nights to do that. The weird thing there is that I was sitting at the computer almost falling asleep, when the fun started. I had also eaten the bacon and eggs sooooooooo fast, you wouldn't believe it. I haven't eaten at that speed in a long long time, lol.

Guest guest

Oh yeah.... I know how about how you chow down after skipping a meal when you've been mini mealing... your metabolism is up and is use to regular feeding.. exactly what we want it to do.... When I skip meals I end up feeling like a bottomless pit.. like I can't get enough food into me.... that might have something to do with a basal response, memory, from the thyroid storm days..... nothing nastier than starving to death, your body eating itself, while you stuff everything you can get your hands on right on down your throat....

I'm getting mad at the ER doc again... You pay good money to get answers and you end up dealing with someone that doesnt' have a grasp of the basics, for your condition, that you already have researched and come to understand and then calls you a dope.... arrggghh....

shutting up now.

Topper ()

>His manner is atrocious. He didn't listen to you.. he knows doodle about thyroid... using old TSH ranges, and thyroid hormone tests that have been out dated for years cuz they don't tell you what is going on.... even so neither of those numbers is suggesting hyper, TSH is valueless for anyone on hormone replacement....

I wonder.... could you have had an adrenals surge from the long shift? Then the heavy meal hitting a system that had been in starvation mode for many hours.... that would have been a jolt to the digestion...

We do know that a sluggish digestion can cause GERD. We know that with suppressed TSH, which was your goal cuz of your Hashi's means you are dependant on your replacement and conversion. If you had a big stress night... no food, running on adrenals instead of food energy that could have flummoxed everything up.

<snip>

Yep, what you've said is one of the things that I've considered, but the visit to ER certainly didn't tell me, did it? All the palps I was having, heck, I could have MVP, but we won't know that either, will we? HE even said "all those palps". Guess he thought I was totally stupid or something. I KNEW I was in trouble, when I forgot my lunch, as I'm so used to eating every 2 or 3 hrs now. That night, I had not even taken two bites right after I got up from bed, of all nights to do that. The weird thing there is that I was sitting at the computer almost falling asleep, when the fun started. I had also eaten the bacon and eggs sooooooooo fast, you wouldn't believe it. I haven't eaten at that speed in a long long time, lol.

Guest guest

shutting up now.

Topper ()

<snip>

Guest guest

no no... you misunderstood.... you're comments are very insightful and have been of benefit... please don't stop!!!!

We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only meant to correct, not criticize or put you down in ANY way....

The value of this group is that we all look at things from a different angle, you have jumped right in and contributed and that is a good thing....

It's looking at things from all around and not just one side that helps all of us...

AND we each have special interests, passions, if you will, that sometimes cause us to over look things, there again it's having others adding comments and observations that make sure that things are not over looked...

You stop now and I'm gonna come and git you!!!!

*wink*

Topper () *looking around at all the faces, eager to learn, to help, to grow.....*

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:16 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W writes:

Topper,I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't becommenting.Debbie

Guest guest

no no... you misunderstood.... you're comments are very insightful and have been of benefit... please don't stop!!!!

We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only meant to correct, not criticize or put you down in ANY way....

The value of this group is that we all look at things from a different angle, you have jumped right in and contributed and that is a good thing....

It's looking at things from all around and not just one side that helps all of us...

AND we each have special interests, passions, if you will, that sometimes cause us to over look things, there again it's having others adding comments and observations that make sure that things are not over looked...

You stop now and I'm gonna come and git you!!!!

*wink*

Topper () *looking around at all the faces, eager to learn, to help, to grow.....*

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:16 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W writes:

Topper,I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't becommenting.Debbie

Guest guest

Debbie,

we all comment here and there will be something that you have gone through that we haven't or have forgotten about and you will bring things to mind. Are mission here is to share, share and share again as many times as it takes and fresh eyes see things from points that we either missed or haven't been to in years so keep sharing as that is what makes us all better and more informed. It is good to have you here and willing to get in up to your eyeballs with the rest of us because that is our strength and you make us stronger

Dawn Debbie W wrote:

Topper,I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't becommenting.Debbie--- topper2@... wrote:> Dawn... is our resident Health Check expert!!!> hehehehehehe> > The problem with the labs is that they did a total> T4 and a T3 uptake...> they don't even begin to tell us what the available> (free) hormone is...> > Topper ()> > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:44:07 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W> > writes:> ,> > From what your lab values are showing is that you> may> not be converting enough of the T4 to T3. You may> actually need additional T3, perhaps in the form of> cytomel. Your T4 is at the top of the range and the> T3 is below mid range. IMHO. You can get

lab> testing> done without a doctor through healthcheck USA. And> I> believe there is a discount code you can plug in:> 12345.> > Debbie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Debbie,

we all comment here and there will be something that you have gone through that we haven't or have forgotten about and you will bring things to mind. Are mission here is to share, share and share again as many times as it takes and fresh eyes see things from points that we either missed or haven't been to in years so keep sharing as that is what makes us all better and more informed. It is good to have you here and willing to get in up to your eyeballs with the rest of us because that is our strength and you make us stronger

Dawn Debbie W wrote:

Topper,I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't becommenting.Debbie--- topper2@... wrote:> Dawn... is our resident Health Check expert!!!> hehehehehehe> > The problem with the labs is that they did a total> T4 and a T3 uptake...> they don't even begin to tell us what the available> (free) hormone is...> > Topper ()> > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:44:07 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W> > writes:> ,> > From what your lab values are showing is that you> may> not be converting enough of the T4 to T3. You may> actually need additional T3, perhaps in the form of> cytomel. Your T4 is at the top of the range and the> T3 is below mid range. IMHO. You can get

lab> testing> done without a doctor through healthcheck USA. And> I> believe there is a discount code you can plug in:> 12345.> > Debbie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Debbie,

Dawn Debbie W wrote:

Guest guest

> " We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only

>meant to correct, not criticize or put you down in

>ANY way.... "

Correct me? No thanks.

Debbie

--- topper2@... wrote:

> no no... you misunderstood.... you're comments are

> very insightful and

> have been of benefit... please don't stop!!!!

>

> We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only meant

> to correct, not

> criticize or put you down in ANY way....

>

> The value of this group is that we all look at

> things from a different

> angle, you have jumped right in and contributed and

> that is a good

> thing....

>

> It's looking at things from all around and not just

> one side that helps

> all of us...

>

> AND we each have special interests, passions, if you

> will, that sometimes

> cause us to over look things, there again it's

> having others adding

> comments and observations that make sure that things

> are not over

> looked...

>

> You stop now and I'm gonna come and git you!!!!

>

> *wink*

>

> Topper () *looking around at all the faces,

> eager to learn, to help,

> to grow.....*

>

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:16 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W

>

> writes:

> Topper,

>

> I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't be

> commenting.

>

> Debbie

Guest guest

>ANY way.... "

Correct me? No thanks.

Debbie

--- topper2@... wrote:

> very insightful and

>

> to correct, not

>

> that is a good

> thing....

>

> one side that helps

> all of us...

>

> will, that sometimes

> having others adding

> are not over

> looked...

>

>

> *wink*

>

> to grow.....*

>

>

> writes:

> Topper,

>

> commenting.

>

> Debbie

Guest guest

>ANY way.... "

Correct me? No thanks.

Debbie

--- topper2@... wrote:

> very insightful and

>

> to correct, not

>

> that is a good

> thing....

>

> one side that helps

> all of us...

>

> will, that sometimes

> having others adding

> are not over

> looked...

>

>

> *wink*

>

> to grow.....*

>

>

> writes:

> Topper,

>

> commenting.

>

> Debbie

Guest guest

Debbie,

Please don't be so touchy. We are all here for support and to support. We are not all always right, nor does everyone always agree, but there is always support. Please know that and keep an open heart and mind.

Jeannie

>"We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only>meant to correct, not criticize or put you down in>ANY way...."Correct me? No thanks.Debbie --- topper2@... wrote:> no no... you misunderstood.... you're comments are> very insightful and> have been of benefit... please don't stop!!!!> > We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only meant> to correct, not> criticize or put you down in ANY way....> > The value of this group is that we all look at> things from a different> angle, you have jumped right in and contributed and> that is a good> thing....> > It's looking at things from all around and not just> one side that helps> all of us... > > AND we each have special interests, passions, if you> will, that sometimes> cause us to over look things, there again it's> having others adding> comments and observations that make sure that things> are not over> looked...> > You stop now and I'm gonna come and git you!!!!> > *wink*> > Topper () *looking around at all the faces,> eager to learn, to help,> to grow.....*> > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:16 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W> > writes:> Topper,> > I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't be> commenting.> > Debbie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Debbie,

Please don't be so touchy. We are all here for support and to support. We are not all always right, nor does everyone always agree, but there is always support. Please know that and keep an open heart and mind.

Jeannie

>"We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only>meant to correct, not criticize or put you down in>ANY way...."Correct me? No thanks.Debbie --- topper2@... wrote:> no no... you misunderstood.... you're comments are> very insightful and> have been of benefit... please don't stop!!!!> > We all make mistakes or misinterpret... I only meant> to correct, not> criticize or put you down in ANY way....> > The value of this group is that we all look at> things from a different> angle, you have jumped right in and contributed and> that is a good> thing....> > It's looking at things from all around and not just> one side that helps> all of us... > > AND we each have special interests, passions, if you> will, that sometimes> cause us to over look things, there again it's> having others adding> comments and observations that make sure that things> are not over> looked...> > You stop now and I'm gonna come and git you!!!!> > *wink*> > Topper () *looking around at all the faces,> eager to learn, to help,> to grow.....*> > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:48:16 -0700 (PDT) Debbie W> > writes:> Topper,> > I am sorry, I am new here perhaps I shouldn't be> commenting.> > Debbie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Debbie decided that I'm not a nice person to be around and dropped from the group... I hope that she's able to find a group that she feels more comfortable in....

I hope you guys like being around me...

*looks frantically to see if anyone else is walking away*

Topper ()

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:07:58 -0500 Jeannie writes:

Debbie,

Jeannie

Guest guest

Debbie decided that I'm not a nice person to be around and dropped from the group... I hope that she's able to find a group that she feels more comfortable in....

Topper ()

Debbie,

Jeannie

Guest guest

Topper ()

Debbie,

Jeannie

Guest guest

weellll........ we are........ can't you see us hiding behind the bushes,

peek-a-boo I see you

Dawntopper2@... wrote:

Topper ()

Debbie,

Jeannie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

weellll........ we are........ can't you see us hiding behind the bushes,

peek-a-boo I see you

Dawntopper2@... wrote:

Topper ()

Debbie,

Jeannie__________________________________________________

Guest guest

It is definitely her loss. You are a great person to be around.

Jeannie

Topper ()

Debbie,

Jeannie