RemedySpot.com

Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Joan,

Most of my family lives in North Jersey (Belleville, West Orange, West

Caldwell, Denville). I live in Central Jersey, but very south. I am in

Howell. This is near Marlboro, Freehold, about 5 minutes from Belmar.

~ M.

Wife to Demetrios

SAHMommy to Elijah (4/2/98)

and (11/20/99)

Guest guest

Welcome ! I'm Michele, 29 y/o SAHM of Arran (6) Keely (2) and Rowan 8 weeks today! I didn't bf Arran at all after we had latch problems and no one to help. Keely is still bfing and we've never had a problem, she is mostly just nursing to sleep for naps and bedtime or if she is traumatized about something. Rowan is nursing great but we have over active letdown and are working on that, he has gained 4 lbs since birth because of it lol I have breastfed anywhere since Keely as 2 weeks old and I've never had a negative remark or look. I just found out yesterday that our new family dr has 3 kids she has bf, she doesn't even look old enough to have one let alone three lol Keely ahs slept with us from 6-7 months and Rowan from birth. Keely is in a toddler bed next to ours now. I also cloth diaper the two youngest because I enjoy it and it saves me money :-) What else? We are in Edmonton Alberta but are originally from the Toronto area.

Michele, mom of Arran 12-27-93, Keely 12-5-97 & Rowan 3-15-00! ICQ# 13092478Our Family Pages ~ http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jcrocker/index.htmlJoin AllAdvantage.com and get paid to surf the Web! Please use my ID (GJX196) when asked if someone referred you. Thanks! http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=GJX196

Intro

Hello! My name is and I am a 28-year-old stay-at-home-mommy totwo boys, (2 years) and (5 1/2 months). I am marriedalmost 5 years to Demetrios, a financial advisor and we reside in thestate of New Jersey, USA. I am exclusively breastfeeding . We haven't started solids yet. Ithink that we will try some cereal after his baptism next week (we areGreek Orthodox). He will be 6 months. He is over 20 pounds and he sitsunassisted. He tries to grab everything in sight to stick in his mouth.He has his two bottom teeth so far!! He is a happy guy and adores hisbig brother (and vice versa). was also a breastfed baby, however I didn't feed him past 6months due to being inexperienced and lack of support. had 8teeth by 6 months and we had a bit of a biting problem that I was unsureof how to handle. I wasn't using the internet back then, friends andfamily were no help and I had a lactation consultant that didn't returnphone calls. I didn't know about LaLeche League. I had a pediatricianthat pushed formula from day one saying that wasn't satisfied bymy milk. I should have realized that this pediatrician had no clue whathe was talking about since was above the 98th percentile ontheir formula fed baby growth charts!!! Needless to say, I have a newpediatrician that is pro-breastfeeding and believes in child-ledweaning. I plan to breastfeed for as long as he would like. I didn't nurse in public very often with . I felt embarrasses byall of the stares I received and negativity. Stupid me! Now that I knowmy rights, I breastfeed when he's hungry and where ever we areat the moment. I refuse to go to the restroom or lounges. I don't careabout all the stares any longer. I am hoping that people are staring andrealizing how natural and normal it is for a mother to breastfeed herbaby. Well, more about us..... was co-sleeping for the first two yearsof life. He decided just before his birthday that he would like to tryhis "big boy bed" and has been there ever since. He does end up in ourbed in the middle of the night most nights. is cloth-diaperedand I make my own baby wipes. I do this because I enjoy it and I thinkthat it feels more natural against his skin and I am helping out withthe environment a bit. I also plan to make his baby food. I did this for too and enjoyed it very much.That's about it for me. Thank you for allowing me to be on your list andI hope to receive and offer support here. ~ M.Wife to DemetriosSAHMommy to Elijah (4/2/98) and (11/20/99)

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!http://www.lactivist.com

Guest guest

Welcome ! I'm Michele, 29 y/o SAHM of Arran (6) Keely (2) and Rowan 8 weeks today! I didn't bf Arran at all after we had latch problems and no one to help. Keely is still bfing and we've never had a problem, she is mostly just nursing to sleep for naps and bedtime or if she is traumatized about something. Rowan is nursing great but we have over active letdown and are working on that, he has gained 4 lbs since birth because of it lol I have breastfed anywhere since Keely as 2 weeks old and I've never had a negative remark or look. I just found out yesterday that our new family dr has 3 kids she has bf, she doesn't even look old enough to have one let alone three lol Keely ahs slept with us from 6-7 months and Rowan from birth. Keely is in a toddler bed next to ours now. I also cloth diaper the two youngest because I enjoy it and it saves me money :-) What else? We are in Edmonton Alberta but are originally from the Toronto area.

Michele, mom of Arran 12-27-93, Keely 12-5-97 & Rowan 3-15-00! ICQ# 13092478Our Family Pages ~ http://www.telusplanet.net/public/jcrocker/index.htmlJoin AllAdvantage.com and get paid to surf the Web! Please use my ID (GJX196) when asked if someone referred you. Thanks! http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=GJX196

Intro

Hello! My name is and I am a 28-year-old stay-at-home-mommy totwo boys, (2 years) and (5 1/2 months). I am marriedalmost 5 years to Demetrios, a financial advisor and we reside in thestate of New Jersey, USA. I am exclusively breastfeeding . We haven't started solids yet. Ithink that we will try some cereal after his baptism next week (we areGreek Orthodox). He will be 6 months. He is over 20 pounds and he sitsunassisted. He tries to grab everything in sight to stick in his mouth.He has his two bottom teeth so far!! He is a happy guy and adores hisbig brother (and vice versa). was also a breastfed baby, however I didn't feed him past 6months due to being inexperienced and lack of support. had 8teeth by 6 months and we had a bit of a biting problem that I was unsureof how to handle. I wasn't using the internet back then, friends andfamily were no help and I had a lactation consultant that didn't returnphone calls. I didn't know about LaLeche League. I had a pediatricianthat pushed formula from day one saying that wasn't satisfied bymy milk. I should have realized that this pediatrician had no clue whathe was talking about since was above the 98th percentile ontheir formula fed baby growth charts!!! Needless to say, I have a newpediatrician that is pro-breastfeeding and believes in child-ledweaning. I plan to breastfeed for as long as he would like. I didn't nurse in public very often with . I felt embarrasses byall of the stares I received and negativity. Stupid me! Now that I knowmy rights, I breastfeed when he's hungry and where ever we areat the moment. I refuse to go to the restroom or lounges. I don't careabout all the stares any longer. I am hoping that people are staring andrealizing how natural and normal it is for a mother to breastfeed herbaby. Well, more about us..... was co-sleeping for the first two yearsof life. He decided just before his birthday that he would like to tryhis "big boy bed" and has been there ever since. He does end up in ourbed in the middle of the night most nights. is cloth-diaperedand I make my own baby wipes. I do this because I enjoy it and I thinkthat it feels more natural against his skin and I am helping out withthe environment a bit. I also plan to make his baby food. I did this for too and enjoyed it very much.That's about it for me. Thank you for allowing me to be on your list andI hope to receive and offer support here. ~ M.Wife to DemetriosSAHMommy to Elijah (4/2/98) and (11/20/99)

Guest guest

Intro

Guest guest

Hi, and thank you all for the warm welcomes.

I am wondering how acceptable breastfeeding in public is where you all

live.

Michele C. - I'm wondering if breastfeeding is more acceptable in Canada

than in the US? Most women I speak to in the U.S. say that they have

received negative stares when BIP.

~ M.

Wife to Demetrios

and (11/20/99)

Guest guest

I live in Northern California in the SF bay area. I haven't received

negative comments but have gotten stares. I choose to interpret stares as

positive unless I actually hear a negative comment. That way I feel better

and don't worry so much. As I nurse my big toddler I get more and more

stares. I would just love for someone to say something as I am quite

knowledgeable and they would get an earful. LOL

Wendi

http://www.lactivist.com

breastfeeding info & resources

Re: Intro

live.

~ M.

Wife to Demetrios

and (11/20/99)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

beMANY! has a new way to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on

saving more each month: Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance

rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!

http://click./1/3821/0/_/410002/_/958086077/

Give the Gift of Life Breastfeed!

Guest guest

I live in Northern California in the SF bay area. I haven't received

negative comments but have gotten stares. I choose to interpret stares as

positive unless I actually hear a negative comment. That way I feel better

and don't worry so much. As I nurse my big toddler I get more and more

stares. I would just love for someone to say something as I am quite

knowledgeable and they would get an earful. LOL

Wendi

live.

~ M.

Wife to Demetrios

and (11/20/99)

beMANY! has a new way to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on

saving more each month: Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance

rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!

http://click./1/3821/0/_/410002/_/958086077/

Guest guest

In a message dated 5/11/00 7:51:24 PM Central Daylight Time,

NatureBaby@... writes:

<< I live in Northern California in the SF bay area. >>

Hey Wendi, I didn't realize you were in the San Francisco area! and I

are taking a mini vacation out there next week!! We'll be there from Thurs

to Sun. He has a seminar on Sat but the rest of the time we're excited

about taking in the sites!! We aren't taking Drake (boohoo) because we

decided this may be the last chance we'll have for a vacation together for a

long time. He'll stay with my mom and I know he'll be fine but I just

absolutely hate to leave him for that long. He's really only nursing now at

naptime and bedtime and sleeping through the night (HOORAY) from about 9:30

until about 5 or 6am, nursing right back to sleep for a couple more hours.

He seems to do fine without the nursing while I'm away so I hope all goes

well. I know and I will have a great time though. I was hoping we'd

be able to conceive while we were out there (I " ve had my 'one cycle' since

the last mc) but it's gonna be just a couple of days too late and we decided

not to get preg before the trip because we are wanting to go to the

wineries.......so next month for sure!!

So, tell me what the weather is like most days now.....Several people I've

talked to say it's cold but then others say they don't remember that from

when they visited. said it's not too different than what we have here

in IL right now (about 70s-low 80s during the day, maybe 50s at night). I'm

just such an overpacker already that this is gonna throw me for a loop if I

don't know if it's COLDCOLD, just a bit cool or no different than here. Are

shorts, capri pants, tshirts and summer dresses ok or will I be needing

jeans, sweaters and jackets????? Maybe a mixture of all that, huh? Well, if

you don't mind to take a sec to reply to this (I know it's off subject) I'd

appreciate it!

Take care

Fawn

Guest guest

NatureBaby@... writes:

appreciate it!

Take care

Fawn

Guest guest

NatureBaby@... writes:

appreciate it!

Take care

Fawn

Guest guest

Hi, My name is Sue and I'm fairly new to the group, too, been mostly

lurking for about month. I'm expecting my 5th in July, my other 4 were all

breastfed, each a little longer than the one before. I breastfed anywhere

we were and no one ever made any negative comments to me, I may have gotten

'looks' but didn't notice them as usually I'm so wrapped up in the baby

when I nurse that I don't notice anyway. I nursed in malls, restaurants,

church, even during the picture taking at my brother-in-laws wedding.

A sling really helps with this, I plan to use mine right away so the baby

is used to it. When in the sling, there is no way that anyone even knows

you are feeding unless you have a noisy eater as it covers you and the baby

right up. But you still have a wonderful view in if you enjoy those special

looks with your baby while it nurses (and who among us doesn't!)

I actually have 2 slings this time, one with the padding on the edges and

one that doesn't have it, I found it on closeout on the web and ordered on

a hunch and I think I may end up liking that one even more. It won't be

nearly as bulky and can be folded flat so I can put it in the diaper bag

whenever we go out in case it's needed!

Thanks for letting me ramble, with my baby only a couple of months away,

I'm getting so excited and can't wait to put it to my breast for the first

time, there is nothing like it!

Sue

At 07:01 PM 5/11/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi, and thank you all for the warm welcomes.

>

>I am wondering how acceptable breastfeeding in public is where you all

>live.

>

>Michele C. - I'm wondering if breastfeeding is more acceptable in Canada

>than in the US? Most women I speak to in the U.S. say that they have

>received negative stares when BIP.

>

>~ M.

>Wife to Demetrios

Guest guest

Sue,

Welcome to the list. So glad to have you. Congratulations on your upcoming

arrival. Looking forward to breastfeeding is so exciting. :D

Wendi

Sue

>

>live.

>

>

>~ M.

>Wife to Demetrios

Save 75% on Products!

Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!

http://click./1/4013/0/_/410002/_/958135917/

Guest guest

Sue,

Welcome to the list. So glad to have you. Congratulations on your upcoming

arrival. Looking forward to breastfeeding is so exciting. :D

Wendi

Sue

>

>live.

>

>

>~ M.

>Wife to Demetrios

Save 75% on Products!

Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!

http://click./1/4013/0/_/410002/_/958135917/

Guest guest

Fawn,

Sounds really fun. You will need to pack a combo of both. :D It can be

really warm up into the 80's at times but the wind can come up quickly and

is very cold ocean wind. It is also very wet cold so if you are not used to

that it can really chill you to the bone. It can get down into the 40's at

night with a wind. :D Layering is the key in the bay area. :D

Wendi

NatureBaby@... writes:

jeans, sweaters and jackets????? Maybe a mixture of all that, huh? Well,

if

appreciate it!

Take care

Fawn

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry

experiments.

http://click./1/4051/0/_/410002/_/958141842/

Guest guest

Fawn,

Sounds really fun. You will need to pack a combo of both. :D It can be

really warm up into the 80's at times but the wind can come up quickly and

is very cold ocean wind. It is also very wet cold so if you are not used to

that it can really chill you to the bone. It can get down into the 40's at

night with a wind. :D Layering is the key in the bay area. :D

Wendi

NatureBaby@... writes:

jeans, sweaters and jackets????? Maybe a mixture of all that, huh? Well,

if

appreciate it!

Take care

Fawn

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry

experiments.

http://click./1/4051/0/_/410002/_/958141842/

Guest guest

Belinda,

Welcome to the list. Glad to have you here. :D

Wendi

Intro

Just thought I'd introduce myself, finally. I've been lurking on and off for

quite a while now. I am a 24yo SAHM to 3 beautiful children...

(9/9/95- bf for 15 mos), (12/22/97- bf for 17 mos), and

(3/5/00). I also had miscarriages 4/93, 9/96, 2/97, and 4/99. My DH is very

supportive of bf, until the 1st birthday comes and goes. He then suffers

under the delusion that I " can't " wean the kids. I tell him that I'm not

weaning for a reason... That extended (slightly in my case) breastfeeding is

good for children... But he still tells people that I " had problems " weaning

the kids. <sigh> He never pushed weaning, though. He just stood back and

watched.

had his 2-month appt yesterday. He is 13 lbs 1 oz, up from 7 lbs

8oz at birth (a gain of about 9 oz per week). He'll surpass his sister (21

lbs) by the time he's 6 months old at this rate! Breastfeeding is going

great, and will take a bottle of EBM occasionally when the need

arises. We recently traveled from KY to KS (a 12-hour trip) to visit

grandparents and every other feeding I pumped (Avent Isis) and bottle-fed.

Worked out great. I just wish there was some way I could do that again while

traveling alone with the kids next week (for my sister's HS grad). DH

couldn't get the time off again. He's in the Army and they're very

particular about that.

Anyway, that's a bit about us.

Belinda in KY

SAHM to (9/9/95), (12/22/97), and (3/5/00)

There's still time to order Calyx & Corolla flowers for mom.

These fresh and elegant bouquets are available for delivery

by Mother's Day. To order, please visit

http://click./1/4103/0/_/410002/_/958142726/

Guest guest

Belinda,

Wendi

Intro

watched.

particular about that.

Belinda in KY

Guest guest

Belinda,

Wendi

Intro

watched.

particular about that.

Belinda in KY

Guest guest

Ok, thanks for the help Wendi. I'll just have to pack a bunch (as usual). I

hate to be caught without something--although it's always a good excuse to do

some shopping.......:) Fawn

Guest guest

Ok, thanks for the help Wendi. I'll just have to pack a bunch (as usual). I

hate to be caught without something--although it's always a good excuse to do

some shopping.......:) Fawn

Guest guest

Welcome Belinda! We have ds's the same age! My Rowan is 10 days younger than your Jonathon :-) I'm still nursing Keely as well, so far dh hasn't said anything to me about weaning, probably because I read so much pro-toddler nursing stuff out loud at him lol

Just thought I'd introduce myself, finally. I've been lurking on and off forquite a while now. I am a 24yo SAHM to 3 beautiful children... (9/9/95- bf for 15 mos), (12/22/97- bf for 17 mos), and (3/5/00). I also had miscarriages 4/93, 9/96, 2/97, and 4/99. My DH is verysupportive of bf, until the 1st birthday comes and goes. He then suffersunder the delusion that I "can't" wean the kids. I tell him that I'm notweaning for a reason... That extended (slightly in my case) breastfeeding isgood for children... But he still tells people that I "had problems" weaningthe kids. <sigh> He never pushed weaning, though. He just stood back andwatched.

Guest guest

Welcome Belinda! We have ds's the same age! My Rowan is 10 days younger than your Jonathon :-) I'm still nursing Keely as well, so far dh hasn't said anything to me about weaning, probably because I read so much pro-toddler nursing stuff out loud at him lol

Just thought I'd introduce myself, finally. I've been lurking on and off forquite a while now. I am a 24yo SAHM to 3 beautiful children... (9/9/95- bf for 15 mos), (12/22/97- bf for 17 mos), and (3/5/00). I also had miscarriages 4/93, 9/96, 2/97, and 4/99. My DH is verysupportive of bf, until the 1st birthday comes and goes. He then suffersunder the delusion that I "can't" wean the kids. I tell him that I'm notweaning for a reason... That extended (slightly in my case) breastfeeding isgood for children... But he still tells people that I "had problems" weaningthe kids. <sigh> He never pushed weaning, though. He just stood back andwatched.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Welcome Sue! I also have a sling with no padding, the Mayawrap, and I love it! Much more versatile and comfortable than my padded sling.

Hi, My name is Sue and I'm fairly new to the group, too, been mostly lurking for about month. I'm expecting my 5th in July, my other 4 were all breastfed, each a little longer than the one before. I breastfed anywhere we were and no one ever made any negative comments to me, I may have gotten 'looks' but didn't notice them as usually I'm so wrapped up in the baby when I nurse that I don't notice anyway. I nursed in malls, restaurants, church, even during the picture taking at my brother-in-laws wedding.A sling really helps with this, I plan to use mine right away so the baby is used to it. When in the sling, there is no way that anyone even knows you are feeding unless you have a noisy eater as it covers you and the baby right up. But you still have a wonderful view in if you enjoy those special looks with your baby while it nurses (and who among us doesn't!)I actually have 2 slings this time, one with the padding on the edges and one that doesn't have it, I found it on closeout on the web and ordered on a hunch and I think I may end up liking that one even more. It won't be nearly as bulky and can be folded flat so I can put it in the diaper bag whenever we go out in case it's needed!Thanks for letting me ramble, with my baby only a couple of months away, I'm getting so excited and can't wait to put it to my breast for the first time, there is nothing like it!Sue

Guest guest

Welcome Sue! I also have a sling with no padding, the Mayawrap, and I love it! Much more versatile and comfortable than my padded sling.

Hi, My name is Sue and I'm fairly new to the group, too, been mostly lurking for about month. I'm expecting my 5th in July, my other 4 were all breastfed, each a little longer than the one before. I breastfed anywhere we were and no one ever made any negative comments to me, I may have gotten 'looks' but didn't notice them as usually I'm so wrapped up in the baby when I nurse that I don't notice anyway. I nursed in malls, restaurants, church, even during the picture taking at my brother-in-laws wedding.A sling really helps with this, I plan to use mine right away so the baby is used to it. When in the sling, there is no way that anyone even knows you are feeding unless you have a noisy eater as it covers you and the baby right up. But you still have a wonderful view in if you enjoy those special looks with your baby while it nurses (and who among us doesn't!)I actually have 2 slings this time, one with the padding on the edges and one that doesn't have it, I found it on closeout on the web and ordered on a hunch and I think I may end up liking that one even more. It won't be nearly as bulky and can be folded flat so I can put it in the diaper bag whenever we go out in case it's needed!Thanks for letting me ramble, with my baby only a couple of months away, I'm getting so excited and can't wait to put it to my breast for the first time, there is nothing like it!Sue