RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Introduction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Melody, tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you'd better hustle right on over here so you and I can have a pow-wow about this

I'm telling you it's that gym she goes to ( plus that evil mind of hers) I just gotta figure out a way to shut it down.

Love ya,

Guest guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Melody, tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you'd better hustle right on over here so you and I can have a pow-wow about this

I'm telling you it's that gym she goes to ( plus that evil mind of hers) I just gotta figure out a way to shut it down.

Love ya,

Guest guest

Theresa ~~ Welcome to the Texas TOPS Loop !!!! You'll notice all the fun here ~~~ but serious support also !!! So glad you also have given TOPS a chance -- it's not like it used to be !!! I remember when I was in high school, a friend's mom was in TOPS and if she was the biggest gainer (I believe) of the week, she had to put a pig in her yard !!! Good luck on your TOPS journey !!! There are many members here to lean on for support !!! Hugs from SE Texas, Randie

Introduction

Hiya everyoneMy name is Theresa, and I joined TOPS in March. I was heistant in joining TOPS because I remember the stories I use to hear growing up.Some of them left me wondering how anyone could pay someone to humiliate them. I was totally blessed when I stumbled into a TOPS internet chatroom. There were quite a few people there telling me that things had changed, and TOPS could very well be the place for me. I contacted Elaine through the net. I now belong to the BEST TOPS group (yes, I am pretty bias.) I love my fellow TOPS and KOPS. They are an awesome bunch of folks. I work nights so my postings will be at odd hours. I will catch everyone later. Have an awesome week!!PS TOPS 1734 ROCKS:)

Guest guest

Theresa ~~ Welcome to the Texas TOPS Loop !!!! You'll notice all the fun here ~~~ but serious support also !!! So glad you also have given TOPS a chance -- it's not like it used to be !!! I remember when I was in high school, a friend's mom was in TOPS and if she was the biggest gainer (I believe) of the week, she had to put a pig in her yard !!! Good luck on your TOPS journey !!! There are many members here to lean on for support !!! Hugs from SE Texas, Randie

Introduction

Hiya everyoneMy name is Theresa, and I joined TOPS in March. I was heistant in joining TOPS because I remember the stories I use to hear growing up.Some of them left me wondering how anyone could pay someone to humiliate them. I was totally blessed when I stumbled into a TOPS internet chatroom. There were quite a few people there telling me that things had changed, and TOPS could very well be the place for me. I contacted Elaine through the net. I now belong to the BEST TOPS group (yes, I am pretty bias.) I love my fellow TOPS and KOPS. They are an awesome bunch of folks. I work nights so my postings will be at odd hours. I will catch everyone later. Have an awesome week!!PS TOPS 1734 ROCKS:)

Guest guest

Introduction

Guest guest

*evil laughter*

yup... ya better listen to her and have that pow-wow....and then when you're done you'll be together to hold each other up!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

http://www.texastops.org

email: topsmama@...

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of KathleenSent: Friday, June 17, 2005 3:55 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: RE: IntroductionNOOOOOOOOOOOO! Melody, tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you'd better hustle right on over here so you and I can have a pow-wow about this!Kathleen> ROFL ! I'm so glad to hear that!! You're gonna just LOVE next> week's challenge :)> > Melody Moris, LeaderEMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

Guest guest

*evil laughter*

yup... ya better listen to her and have that pow-wow....and then when you're done you'll be together to hold each other up!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of KathleenSent: Friday, June 17, 2005 3:55 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: RE: IntroductionNOOOOOOOOOOOO! Melody, tell me it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, you'd better hustle right on over here so you and I can have a pow-wow about this!Kathleen> ROFL ! I'm so glad to hear that!! You're gonna just LOVE next> week's challenge :)> > Melody Moris, LeaderEMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

Guest guest

*evil laughter*

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

Guest guest

ROFLOL! In order to shut my evil little mind down, you'd have to catch me first ......and me thinks you'll have to do waaaayyyy more exercises to catch up to me rolololol!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of mwdw@...Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 6:03 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Introduction

Love ya,

EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

Guest guest

ROFLOL! In order to shut my evil little mind down, you'd have to catch me first ......and me thinks you'll have to do waaaayyyy more exercises to catch up to me rolololol!!

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

-----Original Message-----From: TexasTOPS [mailto:TexasTOPS ] On Behalf Of mwdw@...Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 6:03 PMTo: TexasTOPS Subject: Re: Introduction

Love ya,

EMAIL SUPPORT TEXAS-STYLE!!THE CRAZIEST BUNCH OF "LOSERS" ON THE 'NET'!!Visit us on the web: http://www.texastops.org

Guest guest

Melody Moris, Leader

TOPS #Tx1454, Pleasanton

Love ya,

Guest guest

Hi ,

Lovely to see you on this group and I'm sure they'll manage to offer you wonderful advice on here so you'll soon be sorted:-)))))

Love Chris

Introduction

Hi,I'm new here, my name is . I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago with hypothyroidism. I began treatment 6 weeks ago (we had to do a second lab test to be sure, because I was taking a diet pill-HotRox-that was questionable as to whether it was affecting my levels or not). My TSH was 24, and the doctor started me out on Synthroid 75mcg. After realizing that I needed to take it in the morning to avoid insomnia, I began noticing a pattern: I took it at 8am, ate at 9am, had energy from 8:30-noon, then begin a rapid downhill slide that resulted in my taking a nap around 3-4pm for a couple hours, then I would wake up and was able to function until it was time to go to bed (around 10pm). This scenario lasted the first couple of weeks.Then began week 3 (an on to the present, at week 4), and a whole new routine. I would get up and take the medicine at the same time as usual, eat an hour later, but never experienced the energy spike. Conversely, I was feeling worse than ever, even worse than before I started the medication! I finally hit rock bottom the day before yesterday, cried half the day, slept the other half, and got up yesterday and took one and a half times the dose I was prescribed (on 75mcg, took one and a half pills, equalling 112 mcg) and I felt wonderful all day, like myself again, better than I had in a long time. Of course, you're not supposed to do that, but I just felt like I needed a "break" from feeling so lousy. I went back to taking the prescribed dose this morning, just one pill, and I was able to get through the morning but around 1 I started that old familiar downhill slide and I'm tired again.I realize that this just means I need to wait 2 more weeks until my next blood test so they can raise my dosage, but I'm scared that the test results will show I'm "normal" and they won't raise it, or that my having taken this extra half of a pill will mess it up somehow. I hear all the horror stories of people's labs being normal but them not feeling better. Am I overreacting to that possibility? I just hope and pray that the doctor will raise my dose, to at least 112mcg or 135mcg, if not double it to 150.My mom is hypo, too, but it's been a while since she went through this, so she doesn't really seem to understand (she even said as much, that it had been a while and she didn't remember how long it took for her to feel better). My initial complaint was inability to lose weight. The last time I was able to lose weight was Spring of 2002, and it was a struggle then, even. I have tons of symptoms, things I wrote off as other things or as being directly related to being overweight, such as swollen ankles, aches and pains in joints, feeling tired, along with the dry brittle hair (thought it was because of the salty air, since we moved to ville, NC about the same time as I am thinking I began having hypo problems), dry skin, memory loss (that's the only one I didn't have an explanation for, and I'm glad I have one now!). Anyway, this is terribly long, but I guess I needed to vent more than I realized.I'm glad to meet all of you, and I look forward to getting to know you all. I wish us all energy, well-being, and happiness! :)USMC Wifeville, NCSynthroid: 75mcg since 15Sept05

Guest guest

Hi ,

Lovely to see you on this group and I'm sure they'll manage to offer you wonderful advice on here so you'll soon be sorted:-)))))

Love Chris

Introduction

Hi,I'm new here, my name is . I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago with hypothyroidism. I began treatment 6 weeks ago (we had to do a second lab test to be sure, because I was taking a diet pill-HotRox-that was questionable as to whether it was affecting my levels or not). My TSH was 24, and the doctor started me out on Synthroid 75mcg. After realizing that I needed to take it in the morning to avoid insomnia, I began noticing a pattern: I took it at 8am, ate at 9am, had energy from 8:30-noon, then begin a rapid downhill slide that resulted in my taking a nap around 3-4pm for a couple hours, then I would wake up and was able to function until it was time to go to bed (around 10pm). This scenario lasted the first couple of weeks.Then began week 3 (an on to the present, at week 4), and a whole new routine. I would get up and take the medicine at the same time as usual, eat an hour later, but never experienced the energy spike. Conversely, I was feeling worse than ever, even worse than before I started the medication! I finally hit rock bottom the day before yesterday, cried half the day, slept the other half, and got up yesterday and took one and a half times the dose I was prescribed (on 75mcg, took one and a half pills, equalling 112 mcg) and I felt wonderful all day, like myself again, better than I had in a long time. Of course, you're not supposed to do that, but I just felt like I needed a "break" from feeling so lousy. I went back to taking the prescribed dose this morning, just one pill, and I was able to get through the morning but around 1 I started that old familiar downhill slide and I'm tired again.I realize that this just means I need to wait 2 more weeks until my next blood test so they can raise my dosage, but I'm scared that the test results will show I'm "normal" and they won't raise it, or that my having taken this extra half of a pill will mess it up somehow. I hear all the horror stories of people's labs being normal but them not feeling better. Am I overreacting to that possibility? I just hope and pray that the doctor will raise my dose, to at least 112mcg or 135mcg, if not double it to 150.My mom is hypo, too, but it's been a while since she went through this, so she doesn't really seem to understand (she even said as much, that it had been a while and she didn't remember how long it took for her to feel better). My initial complaint was inability to lose weight. The last time I was able to lose weight was Spring of 2002, and it was a struggle then, even. I have tons of symptoms, things I wrote off as other things or as being directly related to being overweight, such as swollen ankles, aches and pains in joints, feeling tired, along with the dry brittle hair (thought it was because of the salty air, since we moved to ville, NC about the same time as I am thinking I began having hypo problems), dry skin, memory loss (that's the only one I didn't have an explanation for, and I'm glad I have one now!). Anyway, this is terribly long, but I guess I needed to vent more than I realized.I'm glad to meet all of you, and I look forward to getting to know you all. I wish us all energy, well-being, and happiness! :)USMC Wifeville, NCSynthroid: 75mcg since 15Sept05

Guest guest

Hi ,

Love Chris

Introduction

Guest guest

Hi - I'm new here too. Just joined as a matter of fact. I was

put on Synthroid also and after giving it a year (wasted year). Most

docs always put hypo patients on $nthyroid. I asked to change to a

different thyroid medication. One that works. I wish you good

health. I've been there and now feel sooo much better. If you'd

like to email me off post that would be fine.

Robin

>

> Hi,

> I'm new here, my name is . I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago with

> hypothyroidism. I began treatment 6 weeks ago (we had to do a

> second lab test to be sure, because I was taking a diet pill-

HotRox-

> that was questionable as to whether it was affecting my levels or

> not). My TSH was 24, and the doctor started me out on Synthroid

> 75mcg.

>

> After realizing that I needed to take it in the morning to avoid

> insomnia, I began noticing a pattern: I took it at 8am, ate at

9am,

> had energy from 8:30-noon, then begin a rapid downhill slide that

> resulted in my taking a nap around 3-4pm for a couple hours, then

I

> would wake up and was able to function until it was time to go to

> bed (around 10pm). This scenario lasted the first couple of weeks.

>

> Then began week 3 (an on to the present, at week 4), and a whole

new

> routine. I would get up and take the medicine at the same time as

> usual, eat an hour later, but never experienced the energy spike.

> Conversely, I was feeling worse than ever, even worse than before

I

> started the medication! I finally hit rock bottom the day before

> yesterday, cried half the day, slept the other half, and got up

> yesterday and took one and a half times the dose I was prescribed

> (on 75mcg, took one and a half pills, equalling 112 mcg) and I

felt

> wonderful all day, like myself again, better than I had in a long

> time. Of course, you're not supposed to do that, but I just felt

> like I needed a " break " from feeling so lousy. I went back to

> taking the prescribed dose this morning, just one pill, and I was

> able to get through the morning but around 1 I started that old

> familiar downhill slide and I'm tired again.

>

> I realize that this just means I need to wait 2 more weeks until

my

> next blood test so they can raise my dosage, but I'm scared that

the

> test results will show I'm " normal " and they won't raise it, or

that

> my having taken this extra half of a pill will mess it up

somehow.

> I hear all the horror stories of people's labs being normal but

them

> not feeling better. Am I overreacting to that possibility? I

just

> hope and pray that the doctor will raise my dose, to at least

112mcg

> or 135mcg, if not double it to 150.

>

> My mom is hypo, too, but it's been a while since she went through

> this, so she doesn't really seem to understand (she even said as

> much, that it had been a while and she didn't remember how long it

> took for her to feel better).

>

> My initial complaint was inability to lose weight. The last time

I

> was able to lose weight was Spring of 2002, and it was a struggle

> then, even. I have tons of symptoms, things I wrote off as other

> things or as being directly related to being overweight, such as

> swollen ankles, aches and pains in joints, feeling tired, along

with

> the dry brittle hair (thought it was because of the salty air,

since

> we moved to ville, NC about the same time as I am thinking

I

> began having hypo problems), dry skin, memory loss (that's the

only

> one I didn't have an explanation for, and I'm glad I have one

> now!).

>

> Anyway, this is terribly long, but I guess I needed to vent more

> than I realized.

>

> I'm glad to meet all of you, and I look forward to getting to know

> you all. I wish us all energy, well-being, and happiness! :)

>

>

> USMC Wife

> ville, NC

> Synthroid: 75mcg since 15Sept05

>

Guest guest

Hi - I'm new here too. Just joined as a matter of fact. I was

put on Synthroid also and after giving it a year (wasted year). Most

docs always put hypo patients on $nthyroid. I asked to change to a

different thyroid medication. One that works. I wish you good

health. I've been there and now feel sooo much better. If you'd

like to email me off post that would be fine.

Robin

>

> Hi,

> I'm new here, my name is . I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago with

> hypothyroidism. I began treatment 6 weeks ago (we had to do a

> second lab test to be sure, because I was taking a diet pill-

HotRox-

> that was questionable as to whether it was affecting my levels or

> not). My TSH was 24, and the doctor started me out on Synthroid

> 75mcg.

>

> After realizing that I needed to take it in the morning to avoid

> insomnia, I began noticing a pattern: I took it at 8am, ate at

9am,

> had energy from 8:30-noon, then begin a rapid downhill slide that

> resulted in my taking a nap around 3-4pm for a couple hours, then

I

> would wake up and was able to function until it was time to go to

> bed (around 10pm). This scenario lasted the first couple of weeks.

>

> Then began week 3 (an on to the present, at week 4), and a whole

new

> routine. I would get up and take the medicine at the same time as

> usual, eat an hour later, but never experienced the energy spike.

> Conversely, I was feeling worse than ever, even worse than before

I

> started the medication! I finally hit rock bottom the day before

> yesterday, cried half the day, slept the other half, and got up

> yesterday and took one and a half times the dose I was prescribed

> (on 75mcg, took one and a half pills, equalling 112 mcg) and I

felt

> wonderful all day, like myself again, better than I had in a long

> time. Of course, you're not supposed to do that, but I just felt

> like I needed a " break " from feeling so lousy. I went back to

> taking the prescribed dose this morning, just one pill, and I was

> able to get through the morning but around 1 I started that old

> familiar downhill slide and I'm tired again.

>

> I realize that this just means I need to wait 2 more weeks until

my

> next blood test so they can raise my dosage, but I'm scared that

the

> test results will show I'm " normal " and they won't raise it, or

that

> my having taken this extra half of a pill will mess it up

somehow.

> I hear all the horror stories of people's labs being normal but

them

> not feeling better. Am I overreacting to that possibility? I

just

> hope and pray that the doctor will raise my dose, to at least

112mcg

> or 135mcg, if not double it to 150.

>

> My mom is hypo, too, but it's been a while since she went through

> this, so she doesn't really seem to understand (she even said as

> much, that it had been a while and she didn't remember how long it

> took for her to feel better).

>

> My initial complaint was inability to lose weight. The last time

I

> was able to lose weight was Spring of 2002, and it was a struggle

> then, even. I have tons of symptoms, things I wrote off as other

> things or as being directly related to being overweight, such as

> swollen ankles, aches and pains in joints, feeling tired, along

with

> the dry brittle hair (thought it was because of the salty air,

since

> we moved to ville, NC about the same time as I am thinking

I

> began having hypo problems), dry skin, memory loss (that's the

only

> one I didn't have an explanation for, and I'm glad I have one

> now!).

>

> Anyway, this is terribly long, but I guess I needed to vent more

> than I realized.

>

> I'm glad to meet all of you, and I look forward to getting to know

> you all. I wish us all energy, well-being, and happiness! :)

>

>

> USMC Wife

> ville, NC

> Synthroid: 75mcg since 15Sept05

>

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

I am from Michigan, and since I have hit the 40 mark in my life, I got

my 1st mammogram a couple weeks ago. The results came back, and i have

to go back, as they found " something on my left breast " . So Thursday,

back in the vise it goes.

Actually, my 1st experience with this mammogram, was it wasnt as

painful as the horror stories I had heard. I think the side view was

the worst, as they had the medal devise under my armpit, had my head

back, my one arm down lower than the other, to take the picture.My

scense of humor just couldnt take me keeping my mouth shut, and I asked

to keep my nipple tapes! Hey, who needs piercings when all you have to

do is tape these thing on!! After all, I thought it was alot better

than any body piercings.

So here I am, wondering what they might find. Also, the Dr. did not

tell me to stop the caffiene 24- 48 hrs. before the exam. And I do

drink alot of caffiene! I actually heard it from my 17 yr. old daughter!

At this point, I refuse to fret. After all, there is nothing I can do

at this point. Just wait for results that will come in probably next

week sometime.

Kerr

Guest guest

Hi and welcome to the group. Its good they are double checking anything suspicious on the mammogram. It is true about the caffeine and also remember 80% of lumps are NOT cancerous. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

Introduction

Hello everyone,I am from Michigan, and since I have hit the 40 mark in my life, I got my 1st mammogram a couple weeks ago. The results came back, and i have to go back, as they found "something on my left breast". So Thursday, back in the vise it goes.Actually, my 1st experience with this mammogram, was it wasnt as painful as the horror stories I had heard. I think the side view was the worst, as they had the medal devise under my armpit, had my head back, my one arm down lower than the other, to take the picture.My scense of humor just couldnt take me keeping my mouth shut, and I asked to keep my nipple tapes! Hey, who needs piercings when all you have to do is tape these thing on!! After all, I thought it was alot better than any body piercings.So here I am, wondering what they might find. Also, the Dr. did not tell me to stop the caffiene 24- 48 hrs. before the exam. And I do drink alot of caffiene! I actually heard it from my 17 yr. old daughter!At this point, I refuse to fret. After all, there is nothing I can do at this point. Just wait for results that will come in probably next week sometime. Kerr

Guest guest

Hi ! Its nice to have you join this group where everyone

understands everything you're saying! Good luck with the waiting!

You're doing right to not stress right now! And with luck

everything will be just fine! Aren't the mammograms the best?? At

least, for those of us who have early detection, nothing comes in

second! At any rate, hang tough! Keep smilin'! God Bless!

ann

\

>

> Hello everyone,

> I am from Michigan, and since I have hit the 40 mark in my life,

I got

> my 1st mammogram a couple weeks ago. The results came back, and i

have

> to go back, as they found " something on my left breast " . So

Thursday,

> back in the vise it goes.

> Actually, my 1st experience with this mammogram, was it wasnt as

> painful as the horror stories I had heard. I think the side view

was

> the worst, as they had the medal devise under my armpit, had my

head

> back, my one arm down lower than the other, to take the picture.My

> scense of humor just couldnt take me keeping my mouth shut, and I

asked

> to keep my nipple tapes! Hey, who needs piercings when all you

have to

> do is tape these thing on!! After all, I thought it was alot

better

> than any body piercings.

> So here I am, wondering what they might find. Also, the Dr. did

not

> tell me to stop the caffiene 24- 48 hrs. before the exam. And I do

> drink alot of caffiene! I actually heard it from my 17 yr. old

daughter!

> At this point, I refuse to fret. After all, there is nothing I

can do

> at this point. Just wait for results that will come in probably

next

> week sometime.

>

> Kerr

>

Guest guest

Hi ! Its nice to have you join this group where everyone

understands everything you're saying! Good luck with the waiting!

You're doing right to not stress right now! And with luck

everything will be just fine! Aren't the mammograms the best?? At

least, for those of us who have early detection, nothing comes in

second! At any rate, hang tough! Keep smilin'! God Bless!

ann

\

>

> Hello everyone,

> I am from Michigan, and since I have hit the 40 mark in my life,

I got

> my 1st mammogram a couple weeks ago. The results came back, and i

have

> to go back, as they found " something on my left breast " . So

Thursday,

> back in the vise it goes.

> Actually, my 1st experience with this mammogram, was it wasnt as