Guest guest

vocal stimming question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone-

I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is

nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise she

says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end. They

have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the past. She

treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue. Last yeat, they

stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased in volume and

frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought someone might have

an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a sleeper either and she is

exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

beth

Guest guest

My daughter does the same thing and I asked our DAN about it last week.  Our DAN says 2 things cause vocal stimming: parasites and metals.  He took a look at her blood and lo and behold, we saw the worm.  A comprehensive stool analysis done by a ND or DAN should be able to tell you which parasite and you treat accordingly.  The other possibility is damage from metals.  It comes and goes with my dd -- DAN says that this is an indication that it is parasites.  He was also able to look at her live blood cells and he said that from the way her cells look, it doesn't look like there's metal damage.  He thinks with my dd, the parasite is causing the vocal stimming.

I feel for your friend.  Vocal stimming can really really get on your last nerve, especially if they do it every waking moment.

Hi Everyone-

I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end. They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue. Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

beth

Guest guest

My daughter does the same thing and I asked our DAN about it last week.  Our DAN says 2 things cause vocal stimming: parasites and metals.  He took a look at her blood and lo and behold, we saw the worm.  A comprehensive stool analysis done by a ND or DAN should be able to tell you which parasite and you treat accordingly.  The other possibility is damage from metals.  It comes and goes with my dd -- DAN says that this is an indication that it is parasites.  He was also able to look at her live blood cells and he said that from the way her cells look, it doesn't look like there's metal damage.  He thinks with my dd, the parasite is causing the vocal stimming.

I feel for your friend.  Vocal stimming can really really get on your last nerve, especially if they do it every waking moment.

Hi Everyone-

I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end. They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue. Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

beth

Guest guest

Hi Everyone-

Thanks

beth

Guest guest

Just realized tonight that my son's verbal stimming has been very sharply reduced and almost eliminated over the past few days. He was constantly scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We have tried many probiotics and haven't seen dramatic improvement on anything before this. Tested for pandas two years ago, but tests were negative. However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds, toys, etc. - a new behavior which has also stopped since introducing custom probiotics. Old probiotics had strep lines so I think he was a pandas kid. Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and enhansa to help with yeast. Custom probiotics is expensive and does require refrigeration, but worth it my book.

Guest guest

Just realized tonight that my son's verbal stimming has been very sharply reduced and almost eliminated over the past few days. He was constantly scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We have tried many probiotics and haven't seen dramatic improvement on anything before this. Tested for pandas two years ago, but tests were negative. However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds, toys, etc. - a new behavior which has also stopped since introducing custom probiotics. Old probiotics had strep lines so I think he was a pandas kid. Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and enhansa to help with yeast. Custom probiotics is expensive and does require refrigeration, but worth it my book.

Guest guest

Hi, is Custom Probiotics the brand name? If so, would you mind sharing where you

can purchase them and if there's a specific one you are using?

Thank you:)

>

> Just realized tonight that my son's verbal stimming has been very sharply

reduced and almost eliminated over the past few days. He was constantly

scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three

weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off

problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half

the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We

have tried many probiotics and haven't seen dramatic improvement on anything

before this. Tested for pandas two years ago, but tests were negative.

However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds,

toys, etc. - a new behavior which has also stopped since introducing custom

probiotics. Old probiotics had strep lines so I think he was a pandas kid.

Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and

enhansa to help with yeast. Custom probiotics is expensive and does require

refrigeration, but worth it my book.

>

Guest guest

I tell you a yeast problem is a good part of Tommy's problem!xoxoTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thu, February 10, 2011 10:14:30 PMSubject: Re: vocal stimming question

Hi, is Custom Probiotics the brand name? If so, would you mind sharing where you can purchase them and if there's a specific one you are using?

>

> Just realized tonight that my son's verbal stimming has been very sharply reduced and almost eliminated over the past few days. He was constantly scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We have tried many probiotics and haven't seen dramatic improvement on anything before this. Tested for pandas two years ago, but tests were negative. However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds, toys, etc. - a new behavior which has also stopped since introducing custom probiotics. Old probiotics had strep lines so I think he was a pandas kid. Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and enhansa to help with yeast. Custom probiotics is expensive and does require refrigeration, but worth it my book.

>

Guest guest

I tell you a yeast problem is a good part of Tommy's problem!xoxoTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thu, February 10, 2011 10:14:30 PMSubject: Re: vocal stimming question

Hi, is Custom Probiotics the brand name? If so, would you mind sharing where you can purchase them and if there's a specific one you are using?

>

> Just realized tonight that my son's verbal stimming has been very sharply reduced and almost eliminated over the past few days. He was constantly scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We have tried many probiotics and haven't seen dramatic improvement on anything before this. Tested for pandas two years ago, but tests were negative. However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds, toys, etc. - a new behavior which has also stopped since introducing custom probiotics. Old probiotics had strep lines so I think he was a pandas kid. Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and enhansa to help with yeast. Custom probiotics is expensive and does require refrigeration, but worth it my book.

>

Guest guest

>

>

Guest guest

I just ordered Custom Probiotic and I'm confused on the doseage. It included

two scoops so am I supposed to only give my 3 year old one of the smallest

scoops or one of the big scoops? When I called the 1-800 number the guy told me

he had to get off the phone? My son is a huge scripter so if Custom Probiotic

will help I'll try it!

Thank you,

Trisha

> >

> > Just realized tonight that my son's verbal stimming has been very sharply

> >reduced and almost eliminated over the past few days. He was constantly

> >scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past

three

> >weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had

die-off

> >problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to

half

> >the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening.

We

> >have tried many probiotics and haven't seen dramatic improvement on anything

> >before this. Tested for pandas two years ago, but tests were negative.

> >However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books,

dvds,

> >toys, etc. - a new behavior which has also stopped since introducing custom

> >probiotics. Old probiotics had strep lines so I think he was a pandas kid.

> >Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract

and

> >enhansa to help with yeast. Custom probiotics is expensive and does require

> >refrigeration, but worth it my book.

> >

>

Guest guest

I just ordered Custom Probiotic and I'm confused on the doseage. It included

two scoops so am I supposed to only give my 3 year old one of the smallest

scoops or one of the big scoops? When I called the 1-800 number the guy told me

he had to get off the phone? My son is a huge scripter so if Custom Probiotic

will help I'll try it!

Thank you,

Trisha

> >

> >scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past

three

> >weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had

die-off

> >problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to

half

> >the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening.

We

> >However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books,

dvds,

> >Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract

and

> >

>

Guest guest

LOL about the guy... probably the owner. He has a reputation of not being the most personable person!Yes, use the little scoop first. Work up the the bigger scoop.

I just ordered Custom Probiotic and I'm confused on the doseage. It included two scoops so am I supposed to only give my 3 year old one of the smallest scoops or one of the big scoops? When I called the 1-800 number the guy told me he had to get off the phone? My son is a huge scripter so if Custom Probiotic will help I'll try it!

Thank you,

Trisha

> >

> >scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three

> >weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off

> >problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half

> >the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We

> >However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds,

> >Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and

> >

>

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest

LOL about the guy... probably the owner. He has a reputation of not being the most personable person!Yes, use the little scoop first. Work up the the bigger scoop.

I just ordered Custom Probiotic and I'm confused on the doseage. It included two scoops so am I supposed to only give my 3 year old one of the smallest scoops or one of the big scoops? When I called the 1-800 number the guy told me he had to get off the phone? My son is a huge scripter so if Custom Probiotic will help I'll try it!

Thank you,

Trisha

> >

> >scripting movies, songs, books. The major change I have made in the past three

> >weeks was switching to Custom Probiotics. When he first started, he had die-off

> >problems including lack of focus and inability to sit still. Cut back to half

> >the dose for several days and then added a second half dose in the evening. We

> >However, he has shown an increase in routine and started lining up books, dvds,

> >Also believe yeast has been an issue. He is also on grapefruit seed extract and

> >

>

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest

Alberta, are you saying the worms were seen in the blood?

>

> >

> >

> > Hi Everyone-

> > I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is

> > nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise

> > she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end.

> > They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the

> > past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue.

> > Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased

> > in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought

> > someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a

> > sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly

> > appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > beth

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

>

> >

> >

> > Hi Everyone-

> > appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > beth

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

>

> >

> >

> > Hi Everyone-

> > appreciated.

> > Thanks

> > beth

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I think she is referring to microscopic parasites, not the worms we commonly think of when we talk about parasites.Alberta, are you saying the worms were seen in the blood? > > >> >> > Hi Everyone-> > I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is> > nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise> > she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end.> > They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the> > past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue.> > Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased> > in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought> > someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a> > sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly> > appreciated.> > Thanks> > beth> >> > > >>

Guest guest

I think she is referring to microscopic parasites, not the worms we commonly think of when we talk about parasites.Alberta, are you saying the worms were seen in the blood? > > >> >> > Hi Everyone-> > I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is> > nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise> > she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end.> > They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the> > past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue.> > Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased> > in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought> > someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a> > sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly> > appreciated.> > Thanks> > beth> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Guest guest

for us Vit A helped

Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:04 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: vocal stimming question

Hi Everyone-I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end. They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue. Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.Thanksbeth

Guest guest

for us Vit A helped

Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:04 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: vocal stimming question

Hi Everyone-I ran into a friend of mine last night that also has a son with ASD. He is nonverbal and a HUGE vocal stimmer. Like a constant AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! noise she says every waking moment. It is very loud and she is at her wits end. They have done biomedical and she has treated for yeast and bacteria in the past. She treated even though tests did not indicate they were an issue. Last yeat, they stopped all supplements. The verbal stimming has increased in volume and frequency over time. I had nothing to tell her but thought someone might have an idea on what I can tell her. He has never been a sleeper either and she is exhausted. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.Thanksbeth

Guest guest

I have a 4yr. old ASD son that does NOT stim. However, my neurotypical 21 month old, non-vaccinated daughter started showing autistic behaviors. She started toe walking, hand flapping, speech regressing, social issues and verbal stimming. At first I freaked. But then I realized that I had slowly been giving her more and more grains such as cereal, bread, etc. Now she was already GFCF because she gets diarrhea from gluten and casein so I figured maybe it was a yeast problem. She always had signs of yeast, ie - diaper area rash, bloated belly but never autistic symptoms. As soon as I pulled all grains and starches she stopped every autistic symptom and acts completely 100% normal again. Last night she had rice and today she was hand flapping and stimming. So I would suggest going GFCF and grain/starch

free and see what happens. Gluten takes awhile to leave the system but you should see gains almost right away. GrayTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, February 9, 2011 4:04:19 PMSubject: vocal stimming question

Hi Everyone-

Thanks

beth

Guest guest

I have a 4yr. old ASD son that does NOT stim. However, my neurotypical 21 month old, non-vaccinated daughter started showing autistic behaviors. She started toe walking, hand flapping, speech regressing, social issues and verbal stimming. At first I freaked. But then I realized that I had slowly been giving her more and more grains such as cereal, bread, etc. Now she was already GFCF because she gets diarrhea from gluten and casein so I figured maybe it was a yeast problem. She always had signs of yeast, ie - diaper area rash, bloated belly but never autistic symptoms. As soon as I pulled all grains and starches she stopped every autistic symptom and acts completely 100% normal again. Last night she had rice and today she was hand flapping and stimming. So I would suggest going GFCF and grain/starch

free and see what happens. Gluten takes awhile to leave the system but you should see gains almost right away. GrayTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, February 9, 2011 4:04:19 PMSubject: vocal stimming question

Hi Everyone-

Thanks

beth