RemedySpot.com

New to the group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I have been a lurker to better understand my situation but now I have questions.

Last April I was feeling extremely tired and could hardly make it out of bed, just thinking of brushing my teeth made me so tired. Finally went to the doctor and he tested my TSH. the next day he called me and shared with me that my TSH was 104 and that I needed to get on thyroid fast plus an iron pill over the counter because my iron was also low. I pleaded with him to let me try the Armor Thyroid first since I have a lot of allergies. Four days later I ended up in the ER with a swollen tongue and throat swelling. They treated me with a shot to stop the swelling. My doctor put me on Synthroid and the third day I ended up in the ER. The ER doctor put me on Steroids. A few days later I ended up in my doctors office with chest pains and feeling of swelling in my throat. He did a EKG and called an ambulance to take me to the ER. I was hospitalized for two days to discover that it was not my heart but my thyroid. The doctor there said I was going to have to take Synthroid with Benadryl and be hospitalized for about a week to keep an eye on me because my TSH was dangerously low. As soon as I got out of the hospital I went to see my doctor and begged him to let me try a compounded thyroid with out the fillers and dyes. He finally agreed to send me to a doctor that is a gynecologist but also specialized in thyroid. The Gyn doc put me on T-4 only and I couldn't sleep or settle down at all. then they tried T-3 5mcg T-4 50 mcg I started feeling a little better but still had trouble sleeping. Finally the pharmacist that is doing the 's T-3 mentions that she thought I would do well on it. So late Oct 2009 I started only on T-3 7.5 mcg twice a day and adding a T-3 until my temp becomes 98.6. I started sleeping 8 to 9 hours every night first time in my life I think. I started feeling more energetic. My blood pressure started getting very high 155/111 but my temps were 98.6 around the clock. I also had some major stresses at the time with our 37 yr old daughter living with us that was just diagnosed with Bipolar. The doctor told me to stop the T-3's for three days and start again. Finally after 2 tries my blood pressure began to be normal. Also our daughter had moved out by this time and my blood pressure stayed down.

I am now on my fifth time of starting back just on T-3's I am taking 7 T-3's at 7.5 mcg each. I feel very tired and sleepy around 8pm every night but wake up in the night. I am not sure what to do next. I mentioned to the pharmacy about this group and asked her why it was not recommended for me to have my ferritin and adrenals tested. Her response was that my TSH was too low and they did not have time to test me.

I will be seeing my PCP this month and I would like to know what I should have tested. If someone could send me a list so that I can ask for the test that will tell me exactly what is wrong with me. I am on some very good nutrients and added Vitamin C and the total B's in hopes to help my adrenals.

What is HC?

Any assistance will be deeply appreciated.

Blessings,

Sue in OK

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

Hi ,

Your goal of wanting to find balance with food makes so much sense, and I believe you're on the right path with intuitive eating. Good luck and I'm glad you're here.

Laurie

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 10:12:12 AMSubject: New to the group

Hello all my name is and I am brand new to this support group. I have only recently come around to the idea of intuitive eating having been a pro-dieter all my life. I am not currently overweight however my life is controled by calories and the fear of gaining weight. I hate that my day to day life revolves around food. I want to be "normal" I don't want to be thinking about lunch when I have only just ate breakfast. I want to be able to indulge and have a few bite of good food and that be enough to satisfy me. I don't want to binge anymore. I don't want any food to be forbidden, but I also don't want to gain weight. I need to find a balance. I am hoping that all of you out there that have been on this journey will be able to help and guide me through my own journey. I look forward to meeting you all and going through this journey with your help.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Your goal of wanting to find balance with food makes so much sense, and I believe you're on the right path with intuitive eating. Good luck and I'm glad you're here.

Laurie

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 10:12:12 AMSubject: New to the group

Hello all my name is and I am brand new to this support group. I have only recently come around to the idea of intuitive eating having been a pro-dieter all my life. I am not currently overweight however my life is controled by calories and the fear of gaining weight. I hate that my day to day life revolves around food. I want to be "normal" I don't want to be thinking about lunch when I have only just ate breakfast. I want to be able to indulge and have a few bite of good food and that be enough to satisfy me. I don't want to binge anymore. I don't want any food to be forbidden, but I also don't want to gain weight. I need to find a balance. I am hoping that all of you out there that have been on this journey will be able to help and guide me through my own journey. I look forward to meeting you all and going through this journey with your help.

Guest guest

Hi ,

Laurie

Guest guest

Sounds very smart to me.I might add, though, that you think a little bit about what you ARE doing for self-care. sometimes it can be easy to scrap the self care, things like taking a time out from a busy day... and then, when we get burnt out, we turn to food for an emotional pick me up. so if you can't take a break during the day, can you take one later? can you make time for one meal a day where you don't multitask?

of course it's your choice, and there's no " right " way to do IE. but something to think about... what emotional care did we get out of eating? and what healthier substitutes do we have for it?

Hi ,

Your goal of wanting to find balance with food makes so much sense, and I believe you're on the right path with intuitive eating.  Good luck and I'm glad you're here.

Laurie

To: IntuitiveEating_Support

Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 10:12:12 AMSubject: New to the group

Hello all my name is and I am brand new to this support group. I have only recently come around to the idea of intuitive eating having been a pro-dieter all my life. I am not currently overweight however my life is controled by calories and the fear of gaining weight. I hate that my day to day life revolves around food. I want to be " normal " I don't want to be thinking about lunch when I have only just ate breakfast. I want to be able to indulge and have a few bite of good food and that be enough to satisfy me. I don't want to binge anymore. I don't want any food to be forbidden, but I also don't want to gain weight. I need to find a balance. I am hoping that all of you out there that have been on this journey will be able to help and guide me through my own journey. I look forward to meeting you all and going through this journey with your help.

--

Guest guest

Sounds very smart to me.I might add, though, that you think a little bit about what you ARE doing for self-care. sometimes it can be easy to scrap the self care, things like taking a time out from a busy day... and then, when we get burnt out, we turn to food for an emotional pick me up. so if you can't take a break during the day, can you take one later? can you make time for one meal a day where you don't multitask?

of course it's your choice, and there's no " right " way to do IE. but something to think about... what emotional care did we get out of eating? and what healthier substitutes do we have for it?

Hi ,

Your goal of wanting to find balance with food makes so much sense, and I believe you're on the right path with intuitive eating.  Good luck and I'm glad you're here.

Laurie

To: IntuitiveEating_Support

Sent: Fri, March 26, 2010 10:12:12 AMSubject: New to the group

Hello all my name is and I am brand new to this support group. I have only recently come around to the idea of intuitive eating having been a pro-dieter all my life. I am not currently overweight however my life is controled by calories and the fear of gaining weight. I hate that my day to day life revolves around food. I want to be " normal " I don't want to be thinking about lunch when I have only just ate breakfast. I want to be able to indulge and have a few bite of good food and that be enough to satisfy me. I don't want to binge anymore. I don't want any food to be forbidden, but I also don't want to gain weight. I need to find a balance. I am hoping that all of you out there that have been on this journey will be able to help and guide me through my own journey. I look forward to meeting you all and going through this journey with your help.

--