RemedySpot.com

Re: Dr. Skip

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just for the record, I did not feel anything was directed at me. I'm fine. I'm a little nonplussed, being new, wondering what all this is about, but it doesn't sound like anything that can't be just easily dealt with. After all, aren't we all just trying to find a way to feel better and live life more normally? Eve, shutting up now...

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Dr. Skip

i told skip not post here anymore. I asked you guys not to be mean and I really can't believe it what just happened. I'm going off the boards for a few days. if someone has any questions they can email me. Skip posted here because people asked that he do that. you guys asked him and he did and then dave was mean to him. I'm having a hard understanding how anyone can kick someone in the face that is trying to help.I am really quit upset right now. I really can't believe that anyone can treat someone like that.

I'll just say these few things. If you can't get a prescription there are people here with lists of doctors -if you can't find one on that list you can contact me and i'll send you in the right direction.

you can go to the approved pharmacy list at www.low dose naltrexone.org and call everyone and find a place your happy and comfortable with -and I'll repeat again that the sucess of ldn is people having with ldn. you wanna know why doctors won't write prescriptions its just because of stuff like that.

its not about us although when we opened up our pharmacy we swore we were gonna be different and do the right thing. its suppose to be about you guys. about helping you guys and I'm not sure why you feel the need to kick the people trying to help in the teeth.

the most important thing is that people get the correct medication. and the best way to get there is from someone who knows how to make it.

this is from the ldn webpage

> IMPORTANT: Make sure to fill your Rx at a compounding pharmacy that has a reputation for consistent reliability in the quality of the LDN it delivers.

The FDA has found a significant error rate in compounded prescriptions produced at randomly selected pharmacies. Dr. Bihari has reported seeing adverse effects from this problem. Please see our report, Reliability Problem With Compounding Pharmacies. Please see the above list of recommended pharmacies for some suggested sources.

cyndi

On Jul 5, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Wesley wrote:

http://skipspharmacy.com for contact info.Eve wrote:> Hi Dr. Skip and all, I'm a newbie here. I believe I have MS but it > has been difficult to diagnose. It seems to be chronic progressive, > over ten years now, never in remission. Numbness, tingling, tremor, > balance problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, luckily mild memory > problems, sleep apnea, and low blood oxygen. I walk with arm crutches > outside my home, and use a scooter. I am on no meds for MS as I > remain undiagnosed. I have been reluctant to do any more tests that > seem to prove nothing. I did all the tests at Mayo about 9 years ago > but they showed nothing definitive, no brain lesions. I have asked my > doctor and she will prescribe LDN if I go off vicoden and that's OK > with me. It does nothing for pain, just makes me not care if I hurt. > So, all I've read about LDN sounds promising and I figure, nothing > ventured, nothing gained, I am going to try it. Fingers crossed. I > will keep you posted. I'm very glad I found this group. Dr. Skip, > how do I go about ordering from you? Do you have a website? I have > very good medical insurance, primary and supplemental but do not know > if it will cover this. Hopefully, since my Dr. is prescribing it, it > will. > > Thanks, Eve> > >

Guest guest

I'm with you, I think I'll shut up too.

i told skip not post here anymore. I asked you guys not to be mean and I really can't believe it what just happened. I'm going off the boards for a few days. if someone has any questions they can email me. Skip posted here because people asked that he do that. you guys asked him and he did and then dave was mean to him. I'm having a hard understanding how anyone can kick someone in the face that is trying to help.I am really quit upset right now. I really can't believe that anyone can treat someone like that.

I'll just say these few things. If you can't get a prescription there are people here with lists of doctors -if you can't find one on that list you can contact me and i'll send you in the right direction.

you can go to the approved pharmacy list at www.low dose naltrexone.org and call everyone and find a place your happy and comfortable with -and I'll repeat again that the sucess of ldn is people having with ldn. you wanna know why doctors won't write prescriptions its just because of stuff like that.

its not about us although when we opened up our pharmacy we swore we were gonna be different and do the right thing. its suppose to be about you guys. about helping you guys and I'm not sure why you feel the need to kick the people trying to help in the teeth.

the most important thing is that people get the correct medication. and the best way to get there is from someone who knows how to make it.

> IMPORTANT: Make sure to fill your Rx at a compounding pharmacy that has a reputation for consistent reliability in the quality of the LDN it delivers.

The FDA has found a significant error rate in compounded prescriptions produced at randomly selected pharmacies. Dr. Bihari has reported seeing adverse effects from this problem. Please see our report, Reliability Problem With Compounding Pharmacies. Please see the above list of recommended pharmacies for some suggested sources.

cyndi

http://skipspharmacy.com for contact info.Eve wrote:> Hi Dr. Skip and all, I'm a newbie here. I believe I have MS but it > has been difficult to diagnose. It seems to be chronic progressive, > over ten years now, never in remission. Numbness, tingling, tremor, > balance problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, luckily mild memory > problems, sleep apnea, and low blood oxygen. I walk with arm crutches > outside my home, and use a scooter. I am on no meds for MS as I > remain undiagnosed. I have been reluctant to do any more tests that > seem to prove nothing. I did all the tests at Mayo about 9 years ago > but they showed nothing definitive, no brain lesions. I have asked my > doctor and she will prescribe LDN if I go off vicoden and that's OK > with me. It does nothing for pain, just makes me not care if I hurt. > So, all I've read about LDN sounds promising and I figure, nothing > ventured, nothing gained, I am going to try it. Fingers crossed. I > will keep you posted. I'm very glad I found this group. Dr. Skip, > how do I go about ordering from you? Do you have a website? I have > very good medical insurance, primary and supplemental but do not know > if it will cover this. Hopefully, since my Dr. is prescribing it, it > will. > > Thanks, Eve> > >

Guest guest

>

> hey gonna jump in here right in the middle and ask about the

prokarin do

> we need a prescription?How is it sold ?been wanting to try it for

brother.

> nancy

>

--

Need a prescription. Costs $240.00 for a months supply. Must be kept

refrigerated at a certain temperature. Unless it starts showing me

something more positive the price may become a reason I stop using it.

I'm up to the strongest dosage.

Guest guest

My applause to all who participated in a discussion I myself enjoyed and used as a learning tool. Let us not forget that email does not include "voice inflection" or "facial expressions" we all read emails and "hear" them with our own little voice in our heads and we do this when posting a reply as well.

I hope everyone reads mine with a "happy" voice.

Sincerely,

Juice

cyndi

http://skipspharmac y.com for contact info.Eve wrote:> Hi Dr. Skip and all, I'm a newbie here. I believe I have MS but it > has been difficult to diagnose. It seems to be chronic progressive, > over ten years now, never in remission. Numbness, tingling, tremor, > balance problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, luckily mild memory > problems, sleep apnea, and low blood oxygen. I walk with arm crutches > outside my home, and use a scooter. I am on no meds for MS as I > remain undiagnosed. I have been reluctant to do any more tests that > seem to prove nothing. I did all the tests at Mayo about 9 years ago > but they showed nothing definitive, no brain lesions. I have asked my > doctor and she will prescribe LDN if I go off vicoden and that's OK > with me. It does nothing for pain, just makes me not care if I hurt.

> So, all I've read about LDN sounds promising and I figure, nothing > ventured, nothing gained, I am going to try it. Fingers crossed. I > will keep you posted. I'm very glad I found this group. Dr. Skip, > how do I go about ordering from you? Do you have a website? I have > very good medical insurance,

primary and supplemental but do not know > if it will cover this. Hopefully, since my Dr. is prescribing it, it > will. > > Thanks, Eve> > >

Guest guest

so true!

cyndi

http://skipspharmac y.com for contact info.Eve wrote:> Hi Dr. Skip and all, I'm a newbie here. I believe I have MS but it > has been difficult to diagnose. It seems to be chronic progressive, > over ten years now, never in remission. Numbness, tingling, tremor, > balance problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, luckily mild memory > problems, sleep apnea, and low blood oxygen. I walk with arm crutches > outside my home, and use a scooter. I am on no meds for MS as I > remain undiagnosed. I have been reluctant to do any more tests that > seem to prove nothing. I did all the tests at Mayo about 9 years ago > but they showed nothing definitive, no brain lesions. I have asked my > doctor and she will prescribe LDN if I go off vicoden and that's OK > with me. It does nothing for pain, just makes me not care if I hurt. > So, all I've read about LDN sounds promising and I figure, nothing > ventured, nothing gained, I am going to try it. Fingers crossed. I > will keep you posted. I'm very glad I found this group. Dr. Skip, > how do I go about ordering from you? Do you have a website? I have > very good medical insurance, primary and supplemental but do not know > if it will cover this. Hopefully, since my Dr. is prescribing it, it > will. > > Thanks, Eve> > >

Guest guest

Cyndi,

You are right. I thought we decided that this site IS for helping and not negativity. You and Skip certainly help. We are lucky to have professionals on the site willing to help. If someone doesn't like it then they can just turn their computer off. I certainly don't like to listen to all that garbage. I just delete those comments. Please don't let a few have the power they want. I am sending this to you but also to the general site so others can see how I feel and I hope that those that appreciate your help have enough courage to say so and get the trash off the site.

Peg

-- Re: [low dose naltrexone] Dr. Skip

cyndi

Guest guest

hey script would be no problem money yes:) Does anyone know just how

expensive prokarin is?

>From: " Dave Carlin " <davizona@...>

>Reply-low dose naltrexone

><low dose naltrexone >

>Subject: Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: Dr. Skip

>Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:36:43 -0700

>

>I'm with you, I would love to try it. From what I understand, like Artie

>said, it is pretty expensive. It DOES require a scritp. Goodshape has a

>

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

kind of funny when you think about it when it was called procarin it was

alot cheaper. Thats overkill.

>From: " Art Hansen " <xltrt@...>

>Reply-low dose naltrexone

>low dose naltrexone

>Subject: [low dose naltrexone] Re: Dr. Skip

>Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:18:09 -0000

>

>

> >

> > hey gonna jump in here right in the middle and ask about the

>prokarin do

> > we need a prescription?How is it sold ?been wanting to try it for

>brother.

> > nancy

> >

>

>--

>

>Need a prescription. Costs $240.00 for a months supply. Must be kept

>refrigerated at a certain temperature. Unless it starts showing me

>something more positive the price may become a reason I stop using it.

>I'm up to the strongest dosage.

>

>

>

>

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE!

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

Guest guest

Not sure how much it was when it was Procarin. Pfizer got nervous

because it sounded a little like a drug they had out, needless to

say, the money and power won, so the name was changed to Prokarin.

Not sure if that would have affected the cost though. EDMS did a

double blind study on it, but the NMSS claimed that the study was

bogus. It seems like Prokarin has always been surrounded by

controversy. I think it's a matter of money, EDMS and Elaine DeLack

have always kept a tight leash around her discovery, and if the big

pharma machine cant make money off of it, then by God nobody can,

even though, at $250 per month, you would think SOMEBODY is!

> > >

> > > hey gonna jump in here right in the middle and ask about the

> >prokarin do

> > > we need a prescription?How is it sold ?been wanting to try it

for

> >brother.

> > > nancy

> > >

> >

> >--

> >

> >Need a prescription. Costs $240.00 for a months supply. Must be

kept

> >refrigerated at a certain temperature. Unless it starts showing me

> >something more positive the price may become a reason I stop

using it.

> >I'm up to the strongest dosage.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -

it's FREE!

> http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

>

Guest guest

I appreciate her help!

>

> > Hi Dr. Skip and all, I'm a newbie here. I believe I have MS but

it

> > has been difficult to diagnose. It seems to be chronic

progressive,

> > over ten years now, never in remission. Numbness, tingling,

tremor,

> > balance problems, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, luckily mild

memory

> > problems, sleep apnea, and low blood oxygen. I walk with arm

crutches

> > outside my home, and use a scooter. I am on no meds for MS as I

> > remain undiagnosed. I have been reluctant to do any more tests

that

> > seem to prove nothing. I did all the tests at Mayo about 9 years

ago

> > but they showed nothing definitive, no brain lesions. I have

asked my

> > doctor and she will prescribe LDN if I go off vicoden and that's

OK

> > with me. It does nothing for pain, just makes me not care if I

hurt.

> > So, all I've read about LDN sounds promising and I figure,

nothing

> > ventured, nothing gained, I am going to try it. Fingers crossed.

I

> > will keep you posted. I'm very glad I found this group. Dr.

Skip,

> > how do I go about ordering from you? Do you have a website? I

have

> > very good medical insurance, primary and supplemental but do not

know

> > if it will cover this. Hopefully, since my Dr. is prescribing

it, it

> > will.

> >

> > Thanks, Eve

> >

> >

> >

> .

>

Guest guest

I'm with you Wesley! I'm not even in America and have my LDN all sorted

out as far as scripts and a reliable pharmacy over here to compound it

but I really appreciate the fact that Cyndi and Skip are/were prepared

to put themselves out and make themselves available to answer

questions. I have long been given the impression from feedback on here

over 2.5 years that Skip was very knowledgeable and was always prepared

to go out of his way to help people and nothing has changed my mind on that.

I don't know what got up Dave's nose but his questions, perhaps

unintentionally, came across very negatively at times as if he had some

sort of vendetta against Skip.

Wesley wrote:

>I don't blame you a bit for being upset Cyndi, but please keep in mind,

>there is one individual behind the continued attacks on you and Skip.

> says there are currently 2567 members of this group. Of that

>number, I've noticed exactly 2 who seem determined to shock us with

>their lack of maturiy and tact recently. I persevere in order to share

>my knowledge and experience with others who may benefit and in order to

>(maybe) gather new information which may help my wife.

>

>I appreciate your time and interest in helping others, Cyndi. I don't

>always agree with you, but I respect what you do and understand the

>value of manners and etiquette no matter how much physical pain I may be

>experiencing or how bad of a day I may be having. Like I've been trying

>to teach my 15 year old step son, yes a man can act aggressively or

>angrily, but a real man understands the value of honor and civility.

>The same goes for women.

>

>

Guest guest

I am new to this group/list, but I am not inexperienced with groups. I find it very unfortunate that this list is being deprived the knowledge of someone who is evidently very knowledgeable about LDN and much more. I wish this Dr. Skip, whom I do not know much about but would like to, would reconsider his decision, and just delete offensive mail(not even read it). But, I guess this sort of thing has happened before.

Whatever happened to netiquette rules, which short and simple is mostly being polite and using some common sense. I know all lists have their moments, but I thought we were all here to find answers to our health issues as related to LDN; not compromise the list. I have had to deal with ill health and all its implications for many yrs and I find life is much easier if when I try to find some peace with myself and others.

Boyles

Following Quoted from the site listed below:

If you receive a nasty e-mail - do not respond immediately - if at all. People are very bold and overly critical on the other side of this screen. In my experience they tend to not hesitate to point out the things they think you need improvement on while not even noticing the good or positive points on the very same issue. Many times these folks are simply trying to get a rise out of you (this is called trolling) or are trying to make themselves feel self-important. Sometimes they are just plain jerks. If you do not have something nice or constructive to say, or at the very least sternly professional - just hit delete

http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/netiquette_101.html

• 3 months later...