Rate this topic

Guest guest

> With the great success in behaviors, however, the tics do not seem to improve

much. Some parents advised that yeast can be the cause of tics and often time,

a restrict diet with high protein foods can flare up the yeast. How do you

obtain the ultimate benefit from a restrict diet without the side effect of

yeast flair up? I prefer not to rely on anti-yeast med forever if I can reach

the goal by implementing a " custom made menu " . Is there any knowledgeable

dietitian out there who is experienced in this area?

I reduced yeast-feeding foods, and gave biotin and GSE. I found that most carbs

increased yeast, some more than others. Protein and fat did not tend to

increase yeast.

Dana

Guest guest

Hi V

Well done to you raising your 3 children on your own, I admire any single mum, it is hard when you have two parents and just that time to have a break when things are getting you down, but when your on your own you don't get that break, and when you have a special child in the family it must be harder. I think this group will certainly be your life line just to know others are out there willing to help you, and support you.

My Daughter is a single mum of a 19mth old little girl, but she has a lot of support from us we look after Olivia when my Daughter is at work, she has a lovely home and runs a car, I take my hat off to her as she could have easily sat at home expecting the state to provide for her, but she just gets on with it, and can take the credit for her raising her Daughter who is a credit to her. but at the end of the day when the door closes she is alone with her Daughter just like you with your 3 children. So keep in touch with this group so that you know your not alone x

Carolyn

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...> Sent: Wed, 26 January, 2011 18:54:55Subject: Re: ( ) new member

thank you Carolyn, that feels very welcoming. I am a single mom with 3 kids, 2 NT and one AS. talkto you soon,

V

From: carolyn whittaker <crlyn_whittaker@...> Sent: Wed, January 26, 2011 4:04:53 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Hi veronicaWelcome to the group. I have only been on here for about a week but everyone is so lovely and supportive especially as I don't actually have a child with Aspergers, they have took me on board as my son's Girlfriend has it, and I didn't have a clue about it, but now I have a better insight to what her condition entails.They will answer any questions you have offer advice and support,and you will never feel alone while your on here.Stay strong.

Carolyn

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...> Sent: Tue, 25 January, 2011 20:37:00Subject: Re: ( ) new member

Thanks Meaghan, I have so many questions i don't know where to start. Also you all have probably heard my issues many times, so sorry if

I'm being repeatative. One quesiton is, my son has started using foul language, he's almost 8. All I know how to do is tell him how inappropriate he's being

and that's all I have. We're usually out in public, so I can't give any immediate consequences. Help. Also, he's not on any reward system, but i'm not

sure how to start one. Any ideas welcome

From: Meaghan Larson <meaghanlarson@...> Sent: Tue, January 25, 2011 10:28:32 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

GLad to have you with us , this is the best group i have found online , such a great support these parents are!! :)Meaghan :)

From: chris Dunn <christineshello@...> Sent: Tue, January 25, 2011 8:30:18 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

welcome , this group is great!

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...> Sent: Mon, January 24, 2011 10:54:27 PMSubject: ( ) new member

Hi my name . I have a 7 1/2 year son who has Pervasive Development Disorder, ADHD, OCD but is sweet and funny and intelligent. I found your site and hope you all will take me in as a new member. Right now we are all alone. I have lots of questions, but for now I just wanted to introduce us.

Sincerely,

V.

Guest guest

HI ,Yeah thats crazy you bring up the foul language thing , me and my husbands USED to have pretty dirty mouths , but luckily we were able to correct that ( how hard that was lol) But anyway , so im not saying my son didnt hear it from us , because im sure he did , and maybe a tv show or something , but i CAN NOT get him to stop saying the word "stupid" he calls everyone stupid , or he will call them "stinky" like you i just try and tell him that , those words are very hurtful and inappropriate , and that it makes me sad when he says those words to me or to other people! But when he gets mad , its like he feels like , he can say whatever he wants ! I dont know if you read the story i posted about christmas morning and him telling my entire family " you guys , we have Fricken aliens

in my room" Yes deep down of my thought it was pretty funny , but because he keeps saying those kinds of words , its becoming very upsetting to me , i would hate to see what the school would do if he would have said that there infront of his class mates! I would think he knows that those words are naughty, because another phrase he uses is " oooh tarter sauce" lol from sponge bob, and i said yeah thats not naughty you can say that when you get mad!!! And he goes , yeah, so you dont want me to say " shit" !!?? AHHHHHHH i was like connorrrrr, noo you are not allowed to say those words!! I just dont get why he keeps repeating back to me the words he cant use , when i tell him a million times they are naughty and to never say them!! Especially because me and my husband DO NOT swear anymore , not only when we are around the kids , but because we got into the habit of not swearing around them , we find ourself not swearing ever!!

I guess i wonder why he likes to use foul language so much , do all kids do this? Ya know? like is it not even related to his disorder? I would think usually tho when you tell a kid that is old enough to know what " naughty" and "not nice" means that they wouldnt want to use those words!! Granted i could still see kids using those words when they are mad still! But sometimes my son does it when he is not even mad , sometimes he says them when he is just playing and having fun , and just not mad at all!! idk .. i do know it is a frustrating thing as a parent , because my in laws give me this look , when he says naughty words, that is just like " god what are you teaching your children?" MeaghanFrom: carolyn whittaker <crlyn_whittaker@...> Sent: Thu, January 27, 2011 9:47:40 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Hi V

Well done to you raising your 3 children on your own, I admire any single mum, it is hard when you have two parents and just that time to have a break when things are getting you down, but when your on your own you don't get that break, and when you have a special child in the family it must be harder. I think this group will certainly be your life line just to know others are out there willing to help you, and support you.

My Daughter is a single mum of a 19mth old little girl, but she has a lot of support from us we look after Olivia when my Daughter is at work, she has a lovely home and runs a car, I take my hat off to her as she could have easily sat at home expecting the state to provide for her, but she just gets on with it, and can take the credit for her raising her Daughter who is a credit to her. but at the end of the day when the door closes she is alone with her Daughter just like you with your 3 children. So keep in touch with this group so that you know your not alone x

Carolyn

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...> Sent: Wed, 26 January, 2011 18:54:55Subject: Re: ( ) new member

thank you Carolyn, that feels very welcoming. I am a single mom with 3 kids, 2 NT and one AS. talkto you soon,

V

From: carolyn whittaker <crlyn_whittaker@...> Sent: Wed, January 26, 2011 4:04:53 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Hi veronicaWelcome to the group. I have only been on here for about a week but everyone is so lovely and supportive especially as I don't actually have a child with Aspergers, they have took me on board as my son's Girlfriend has it, and I didn't have a clue about it, but now I have a better insight to what her condition entails.They will answer any questions you have offer advice and support,and you will never feel alone while your on here.Stay strong.

Carolyn

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...> Sent: Tue, 25 January, 2011 20:37:00Subject: Re: ( ) new member

Thanks Meaghan, I have so many questions i don't know where to start. Also you all have probably heard my issues many times, so sorry if

I'm being repeatative. One quesiton is, my son has started using foul language, he's almost 8. All I know how to do is tell him how inappropriate he's being

and that's all I have. We're usually out in public, so I can't give any immediate consequences. Help. Also, he's not on any reward system, but i'm not

From: Meaghan Larson <meaghanlarson@...> Sent: Tue, January 25, 2011 10:28:32 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

GLad to have you with us , this is the best group i have found online , such a great support these parents are!! :)Meaghan :)

From: chris Dunn <christineshello@...> Sent: Tue, January 25, 2011 8:30:18 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...> Sent: Mon, January 24, 2011 10:54:27 PMSubject: ( ) new member

Hi my name . I have a 7 1/2 year son who has Pervasive Development Disorder, ADHD, OCD but is sweet and funny and intelligent. I found your site and hope you all will take me in as a new member. Right now we are all alone. I have lots of questions, but for now I just wanted to introduce us.

Sincerely,

V.

Guest guest

Are there differences between animal protein and plant-based ones? From what I

read online, too much of animal protein can cause the imbalance of the ph and

acidify the colonic contents, and that's why some cancer patients convert to

vegan diet once they decide to fight the disease with alternative medicine.

Does anyone know or hire a dietician as a consultant before starting a restrict

diet? If so, any good or bad experience you can share? Thanks.

April

[ ] Re: New member

> With the great success in behaviors, however, the tics do not seem to

improve much. Some parents advised that yeast can be the cause of tics and often

time, a restrict diet with high protein foods can flare up the yeast. How do you

I reduced yeast-feeding foods, and gave biotin and GSE. I found that most

carbs increased yeast, some more than others. Protein and fat did not tend to

increase yeast.

Dana

Guest guest

April,

there is a book out there called " the China Study " (T. Collin ) that

details the connection between nutrition and diabetes/cancer/heart disease.

The premise of the book is animal proteins (casein, especially) are the culprit.

It is fairly detailed and studied over a long time period (20+ years). I can't

vouch for the validity of the study, but the book is detailed.

Pam

> > With the great success in behaviors, however, the tics do not seem to

improve much. Some parents advised that yeast can be the cause of tics and often

time, a restrict diet with high protein foods can flare up the yeast. How do you

>

> I reduced yeast-feeding foods, and gave biotin and GSE. I found that most

increase yeast.

>

> Dana

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Pam. I actually heard about that book and read part of the study online.

Being a cancer patient myself, I am actually following vegan diet right now and

it has been working so far. In fact, this April will be one year anniversary of

my diagnosis :)

I guess what confuses me the most is, why there aren't more parents address the

acidic concern from a meat protein diet? After all, isn't yeast flare-up and

the GI health the constant fight we are dealing with? Is there something I am

missing?

April

April,

there is a book out there called " the China Study " (T. Collin ) that

details the connection between nutrition and diabetes/cancer/heart disease.

The premise of the book is animal proteins (casein, especially) are the

culprit. It is fairly detailed and studied over a long time period (20+ years).

I can't vouch for the validity of the study, but the book is detailed.

Pam

>

increase yeast.

>

> Dana

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

And then there's Weston Price who found the opposite, that the healthiest

people, free of disease, had a good source of milk and animal protein, free of

antibiotics and pasteurization, along with soaked grains and a variety of fruits

and vegetables.

Yes, animal proteins are acidifying, fruits and vegetables are alkalinizing.

It's why we don't just eat milk and meat. It's called a balanced diet.

And btw, the only kid I know who developed Type I diabetes as a 9 year old never

touched milk after she was weaned at 8 months and ate a very good diet full of

fruits and vegetables. I know I used to envy her eating habits.

She did, however, have a wonky reaction to the Dtp, know to cause diabetes.

Things aren't so cut and dried.

> > > With the great success in behaviors, however, the tics do not seem to

> >

> > I reduced yeast-feeding foods, and gave biotin and GSE. I found that most

increase yeast.

> >

> > Dana

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Don't waste your time dietician. You can find a good book or research the

internet and do just fine. My experience. Save your money!

Tammy

increase yeast.

Dana

Guest guest

I agree. Dieticians/Nutritional Consultants that are up on the different diets

are hard to find unless there are alot of DAN Docs in your area.

Additionally, with all the different diets out there, its hard to find ones that

know much beyond GFCF and SCD. We do a Low Oxalate Diet in addition to GFCF and

I basically provide my DANs nutritional consultant with information about

oxalates.

There are plenty of good resources online to help you determine what vitamins,

minerals and aminos you'll need to replace by supplements or other foods to

replace what youre eliminating.

http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/amino-acids/

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=4 & tax_level=2 & tax_sub\

ject=256 & topic_id=1342

Karla

>

increase yeast.

>

> Dana

>

>

Guest guest

Meaghan you are very funny and your story about the spongebob comment could have been ours too!!!! I know my son uses these words to push my buttons, cause it really is a huge pet pieve of mine. I'm going to try hard to ignore it, and pray hard he doesn't say foul language in public, because you know people will be saying "why doesn't she correct that?" Oh well, will see,

V

From: Meaghan Larson <meaghanlarson@...> Sent: Thu, January 27, 2011 8:30:14 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

HI ,Yeah thats crazy you bring up the foul language thing , me and my husbands USED to have pretty dirty mouths , but luckily we were able to correct that ( how hard that was lol) But anyway , so im not saying my son didnt hear it from us , because im sure he did , and maybe a tv show or something , but i CAN NOT get him to stop saying the word "stupid" he calls everyone stupid , or he will call them "stinky" like you i just try and tell him that , those words are very hurtful and inappropriate , and that it makes me sad when he says those words to me or to other people! But when he gets mad , its like he feels like , he can say whatever he wants ! I dont know if you read the story i posted about christmas morning and him telling my entire family " you guys , we have Fricken aliens in my room" Yes deep down of my thought it was pretty funny , but because he

keeps saying those kinds of words , its becoming very upsetting to me , i would hate to see what the school would do if he would have said that there infront of his class mates! I would think he knows that those words are naughty, because another phrase he uses is " oooh tarter sauce" lol from sponge bob, and i said yeah thats not naughty you can say that when you get mad!!! And he goes , yeah, so you dont want me to say " shit" !!?? AHHHHHHH i was like connorrrrr, noo you are not allowed to say those words!! I just dont get why he keeps repeating back to me the words he cant use , when i tell him a million times they are naughty and to never say them!! Especially because me and my husband DO NOT swear anymore , not only when we are around the kids , but because we got into the habit of not swearing around them , we find ourself not swearing ever!! I guess i wonder why he likes to use foul language so much , do all kids do

this? Ya know? like is it not even related to his disorder? I would think usually tho when you tell a kid that is old enough to know what " naughty" and "not nice" means that they wouldnt want to use those words!! Granted i could still see kids using those words when they are mad still! But sometimes my son does it when he is not even mad , sometimes he says them when he is just playing and having fun , and just not mad at all!! idk .. i do know it is a frustrating thing as a parent , because my in laws give me this look , when he says naughty words, that is just like " god what are you teaching your children?" Meaghan

From: carolyn whittaker <crlyn_whittaker@...> Sent: Thu, January 27, 2011 9:47:40 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Hi V

Carolyn

V

Carolyn

Sincerely,

V.

Guest guest

>

> Are there differences between animal protein and plant-based ones? From what

I read online, too much of animal protein can cause the imbalance of the ph and

vegan diet once they decide to fight the disease with alternative medicine.

Does anyone know or hire a dietician as a consultant before starting a restrict

diet? If so, any good or bad experience you can share? Thanks.

>

> April

My sons eat meat basically by itself for dinner most nights. I always make a

side dish or two for me. But they are part Viking ancestry, so that may be part

of why they tolerate the high meat diet. I worry less about their restricted

diet since we all drink a lot more fruit juice these days. Historically, humans

foraged and hunted, thus they ate a lot of fruit and some vegetables and some

meat. My understanding is the big difference today is the amount of grains and

processed foods rather than meat per se. Meat was always a part of the human

diet, though in limited quantities, eaten sporadically (not three meals a day).

I considered going vegetarian and tried several times and I often eat meatless

meals, enough so that my meat-and-potatoes family of origin sometimes accuses me

of being vegetarian. But I decided at some point that vegetarian really doesn't

make sense for me. It's true that the typical American diet contains way too

much meat. You can correct that without going vegan by eating less meat than

the typical America does. " Diet for a small planet " has some great info on that

aspect of it. I believe either later versions or the intro to " Recipes for a

small planet " make the point that the original book made it sound harder than it

really is.

Also, quality of meat matters a whole lot. I and my oldest son both have a

genetic disorder and my youngest is a carrier, so we all have a compromised

immune system to some degree or another. Germs are a big deal around here. We

find that being picky about meat and then being picky about preparation make a

big difference. We do things like pour peroxide over cornish hen before

cooking. If that weirds you out too much, recipes which include wine or some

other alcohol have the same germ-killing effect. Anytime they serve meat in a

wine sauce at the cafeteria at work, I get that instead of whatever else they

are serving. It is always better for me than other meat dishes they serve.

I have heard that organic, grass-fed meat raised without antibiotics is also not

as acidifying. Grain-fed beef is part of the problem. Cows were not designed

to live on grains. We waste horrific amounts of the earth's resources and

produce a less healthy product by using grains to fatten up cattle before they

go to market.

PH balance and reducing acidity is a huge, huge focus in my household. The

genetic disorder we have/carry tends to cause the body to become way too acid

and I have concluded that this is one of the big reasons we are so prone to

infection. Correcting PH balance has been very successful in getting infection

under control. At no point did any of us go vegetarian to do that. (Though I

ate LOTS of lettuce for a time.)

As for restricted diet: Getting rid of toxic household cleaners and other

sources of problems in the home did a lot to make us all tolerate a wider

variety of foods. While living with relatives who use a lot of toxic cleaners

and one of them smokes, we ended up with a severely limited diet. Moving to a

place of our own and taking control of our environment did wonders for our

ability to eat different foods. Our diets are still restricted in some sense

but not like they used to be. I think my kids eat much better than they ever

have. They were so picky when they were little, their diets were

self-restricted well before we began working on getting these health problems

resolved.

HTH.

Michele

http://www.healthgazelle.com

http://www.kidslikemine.com

http://www.solanorail.com

Guest guest

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your feedback. In your post,

under control. At no point did any of us go vegetarian to do that. (Though I ate

LOTS of lettuce for a time.)

How do you correct PH balance? Can you be more specific? Thanks in advance!

April

>

> Are there differences between animal protein and plant-based ones? From what

I read online, too much of animal protein can cause the imbalance of the ph and

vegan diet once they decide to fight the disease with alternative medicine. Does

anyone know or hire a dietician as a consultant before starting a restrict diet?

If so, any good or bad experience you can share? Thanks.

>

> April

My sons eat meat basically by itself for dinner most nights. I always make a

I considered going vegetarian and tried several times and I often eat meatless

meals, enough so that my meat-and-potatoes family of origin sometimes accuses me

of being vegetarian. But I decided at some point that vegetarian really doesn't

make sense for me. It's true that the typical American diet contains way too

much meat. You can correct that without going vegan by eating less meat than the

typical America does. " Diet for a small planet " has some great info on that

aspect of it. I believe either later versions or the intro to " Recipes for a

small planet " make the point that the original book made it sound harder than it

really is.

Also, quality of meat matters a whole lot. I and my oldest son both have a

big difference. We do things like pour peroxide over cornish hen before cooking.

If that weirds you out too much, recipes which include wine or some other

alcohol have the same germ-killing effect. Anytime they serve meat in a wine

sauce at the cafeteria at work, I get that instead of whatever else they are

serving. It is always better for me than other meat dishes they serve.

I have heard that organic, grass-fed meat raised without antibiotics is also

not as acidifying. Grain-fed beef is part of the problem. Cows were not designed

go to market.

under control. At no point did any of us go vegetarian to do that. (Though I ate

As for restricted diet: Getting rid of toxic household cleaners and other

ability to eat different foods. Our diets are still restricted in some sense but

not like they used to be. I think my kids eat much better than they ever have.

They were so picky when they were little, their diets were self-restricted well

before we began working on getting these health problems resolved.

HTH.

Michele

Guest guest

Thanks for your input.

April

increase yeast.

Dana

Guest guest

Thanks for your feedback.

April

I agree. Dieticians/Nutritional Consultants that are up on the different diets

are hard to find unless there are alot of DAN Docs in your area.

Additionally, with all the different diets out there, its hard to find ones

that know much beyond GFCF and SCD. We do a Low Oxalate Diet in addition to GFCF

and I basically provide my DANs nutritional consultant with information about

oxalates.

There are plenty of good resources online to help you determine what vitamins,

minerals and aminos you'll need to replace by supplements or other foods to

replace what youre eliminating.

http://www.vitamins-supplements.org/amino-acids/

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

http://fnic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=4 & tax_level=2 & tax_sub\

ject=256 & topic_id=1342

Karla

>

increase yeast.

>

> Dana

>

>

Guest guest

Indeed, there is always conflicting info floating around on the web and that's

why sometimes I feel at lost.......

April

And then there's Weston Price who found the opposite, that the healthiest

people, free of disease, had a good source of milk and animal protein, free of

antibiotics and pasteurization, along with soaked grains and a variety of fruits

and vegetables.

Yes, animal proteins are acidifying, fruits and vegetables are alkalinizing.

It's why we don't just eat milk and meat. It's called a balanced diet.

And btw, the only kid I know who developed Type I diabetes as a 9 year old

never touched milk after she was weaned at 8 months and ate a very good diet

full of fruits and vegetables. I know I used to envy her eating habits.

She did, however, have a wonky reaction to the Dtp, know to cause diabetes.

Things aren't so cut and dried.

> > > With the great success in behaviors, however, the tics do not seem to

> >

> > I reduced yeast-feeding foods, and gave biotin and GSE. I found that most

increase yeast.

> >

> > Dana

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

I've had a rough week. So please forgive me for not being more chatty. There

is a section on my website where I talk about that:

http://healthgazelle.com/ph.shtml

Please note there are four other pages listed in that section in the menu.

After you read that, I will be happy to answer any other questions. I'm just

really tired tonight. Normally, I would write off the cuff at length. :-)

HTH.

Michele

> >

> > Are there differences between animal protein and plant-based ones? From

what I read online, too much of animal protein can cause the imbalance of the ph

and acidify the colonic contents, and that's why some cancer patients convert to

vegan diet once they decide to fight the disease with alternative medicine. Does

anyone know or hire a dietician as a consultant before starting a restrict diet?

If so, any good or bad experience you can share? Thanks.

> >

> > April

>

> My sons eat meat basically by itself for dinner most nights. I always make a

>

> I considered going vegetarian and tried several times and I often eat

meatless meals, enough so that my meat-and-potatoes family of origin sometimes

accuses me of being vegetarian. But I decided at some point that vegetarian

really doesn't make sense for me. It's true that the typical American diet

contains way too much meat. You can correct that without going vegan by eating

less meat than the typical America does. " Diet for a small planet " has some

great info on that aspect of it. I believe either later versions or the intro to

" Recipes for a small planet " make the point that the original book made it sound

harder than it really is.

>

> Also, quality of meat matters a whole lot. I and my oldest son both have a

big difference. We do things like pour peroxide over cornish hen before cooking.

If that weirds you out too much, recipes which include wine or some other

alcohol have the same germ-killing effect. Anytime they serve meat in a wine

sauce at the cafeteria at work, I get that instead of whatever else they are

serving. It is always better for me than other meat dishes they serve.

>

> I have heard that organic, grass-fed meat raised without antibiotics is also

not as acidifying. Grain-fed beef is part of the problem. Cows were not designed

go to market.

>

> PH balance and reducing acidity is a huge, huge focus in my household. The

>

> As for restricted diet: Getting rid of toxic household cleaners and other

ability to eat different foods. Our diets are still restricted in some sense but

not like they used to be. I think my kids eat much better than they ever have.

They were so picky when they were little, their diets were self-restricted well

before we began working on getting these health problems resolved.

>

> HTH.

>

> Michele

> http://www.healthgazelle.com

> http://www.kidslikemine.com

> http://www.solanorail.com

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Jen, I am so glad that you have a positive outlook. I am a soon to be 59 y.o.

man who was diagnosed with RA after having diverticulitis, back surgery,

prostate cancer, and glaucoma issues in addition to my Dad passing away with

Alzheimer's disease and Mom being diagnosed with it over the last 4 years. I was

recently diagnosed with depression as well and left the church I was pastoring.

I have learned to use these as experiences I can help other people with (I am a

pastor). The main key to this is personal research. In addition, groups like

this and, if you can find one, an arthritis support group. Your plight as a

single Mom makes the journey even more fun. I will be praying for you and may

you be encouraged by your rheumatologist and friends every step of the way. You

will always have friends here to help you through!

Steve S

nna, AR

Guest guest

Hi ,

Sorry for the late welcome but I hope you've settled into the group by now. I've read your posts and just wanted to say welcome to the group. ne

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...>Subject: ( ) new member Date: Monday, January 24, 2011, 10:54 PM

Sincerely,

V.

Guest guest

Thank you ne,

I am taking the time to read all your posts and i'm learning so much. Thanks for the welcome feeling,

V

From: susanne hansen <s_hansen34@...> Sent: Mon, January 31, 2011 7:22:58 PMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Hi ,

Sorry for the late welcome but I hope you've settled into the group by now. I've read your posts and just wanted to say welcome to the group. ne

From: Santos <santos.veronica96@...>Subject: ( ) new member Date: Monday, January 24, 2011, 10:54 PM

Sincerely,

V.

Guest guest

Hi Misty,

Not sure if anyone welcomed you to the group. I'm sorry I missed your post. Sometimes there are so many I don't keep up very well. I hope you are still here and have been reading posts. Please let us know how you're doing. It sounds like you have your hands full. ne

From: md l <dontblinkhs@...>Subject: ( ) New memberAspergers Treatment Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 11:17 PM

Hello everyone!

I just joined and wanted to introduce my family.

I have 3 girls and 1 boy with the following diagnoses and/or issues..

13yr old girl.. mild Asperger's, OCD, ADHD, SPD, dysgraphia, tic disorder, hyperlexia, synesthesia, creatively gifted

10yr old girl.. Asperger's, OCD tendencies, ADHD, auditory figure-ground processing disorder, slow processing speed, gifted IQ

7yr old girl.. Asperger's, severe OCD, severe ADHD, NVLD, SPD, struggling learner

4yr old boy.. No dx and no issues

We have had most of our diagnoses for about two years now.. My now 7yr old was the first to be diagnosed just after she turned five. She is my biggest handful and she paved the way for her sisters' diagnoses. My 10yr old has celiac disease, my 13yr, 7yr, & 4yr old have non-celiac gluten intolerance.. And I have celiac disease. We have been gluten free for about 16 months now and it has made a world of difference for everyone in the house. I am also on the spectrum, but I get by somehow. I homeschool all of my kids except my 7yr old who is giving public school a try for now. She will probably come back home next year.

Thanks for having me!

Misty

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.

Guest guest

Hi 2 all!I'm new here!My 5yr old son has been diagnosed with Autism since

2.5yrs.As he is growing it's getting difficult especially with his tantrums.I'm

thankfull that I have found this group Thanx!

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:11 GMT jonikkag wrote:

>Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's and I

am trying to navigate my way around finding support. I'm new to this group and

just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding this group!

>

Guest guest

I had a hard time the teachers and even by son's Dr. to understand what I was

seeing until I started secretly recording my son on my ipod. Once I showed them

the videos everyone of them said " that is not normal. " But it worked. Maybe you

could try that?

>

> I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has

Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am

pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and

my younger sister who has AS,

> My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think

he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that

there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact

that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any

family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the

discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates

it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I

make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by

that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started

soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and

there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library

because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has

said that he " might as well be dead " and I am so sad and worried for him, but I

dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they

only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.

> How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried

I am actually getting ill.

>

Guest guest

Hi and welcome to the group. I hope enjoy it here!

ne

>

>

>

> >Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently diagnosed

> with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my way

> around finding support. I'm new to this group and just

> wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding this

> group!

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group and I hope you find support among us!

ne

> From: jonikkag <jonikkag@...>

> Subject: ( ) New member

>

> Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 11:11 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently

> diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my

> way around finding support. I'm new to this group and

> just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding

> this group!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, I found a lot of support and solace in this group. Mothers are very willing to help, From: Zahra Ally <ally_zahra@...>Aspergers Treatment Sent: Tue, March 1, 2011 2:41:38 PMSubject: Re: ( ) New member

Hi 2 all!I'm new here!My 5yr old son has been diagnosed with Autism since 2.5yrs.As he is growing it's getting difficult especially with his tantrums.I'm thankfull that I have found this group Thanx!

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:11 GMT jonikkag wrote:

>Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my way around finding support. I'm new to this group and just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding this group!

>