RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks ne for the welcome! I've been lurking around trying to get the hang

of navigating around the group. Sometimes it helps just to know that I'm not the

only one who has the same questions and issues going on.

>

> > From: jonikkag <jonikkag@...>

> > Subject: ( ) New member

> >

> > Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 11:11 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently

> > diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my

> > way around finding support. I'm new to this group and

> > just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding

> > this group!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Oh, how true that is! I'm sure everyone here can relate. This group has helped me so much in just knowing I'm not alone or I'm not crazy when I try to explain how my son chews on his shirt until it drips. People in this group know this is "normal" for AS kids and can empathize and relate. Talking to people (like my sister) who are clueless and judgmental just saps whatever energy I have left right out of me. This group re-energizes me. ne

From: jonikkag <jonikkag@...>Subject: Re: ( ) New member Date: Thursday, March 3, 2011, 8:55 AM

Thanks ne for the welcome! I've been lurking around trying to get the hang of navigating around the group. Sometimes it helps just to know that I'm not the only one who has the same questions and issues going on.> > > From: jonikkag <jonikkag@...>> > Subject: ( ) New member> > > > Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2011, 11:11 AM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently> > diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my> > way around finding support. I'm new to this group and> > just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding> > this group!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >>

Guest guest

Hi! Welcome to our group!

It is pretty common for kids to hold it in during the day, then let loose when they get home. It doesn't mean your home is the problem! When you think about it, we all do this to an extent. If you are at work and your boss ticks you off, you can't really let him know what you think of him! But when you get home, you are a grouch and snap at everyone. Same sort of thing.

It sounds like he has a lot of anxiety. meds could help with that since the school won't help accommodate him at all. Depression can be a serious problem for some of these kids when they hit the teen years. My ds is 14 yo (hfa) and for about two years prior to now, he was severely depressed and we had to use meds. He is doing much better this past year.

Another idea you might think about is seeing an outside psychologist and not the school psychologist. Get a second opinion. I don't know how that works over there. But many school psychologists here are not qualified to diagnose kids with anything more than a learning disability. They also have an incentive to not be as helpful since they are working for the school and looking at the budget.

Can you get any of the teachers to help out? I don't know what sort of problems he is having at school, but sometimes you can find a helpful teacher who will look out for him? Do they have any clubs that he could be a part of (chess? Swimming? track?) because it would help if he had a friend or two for support. And that is hard for our kids to find, I know.

Please feel free to join in anywhere, anytime! hang in there!

Roxanna

“Our lives begin to end the day we

become silent about things that matter.†- Luther King, Jr.

( ) new member

I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and my younger sister who has AS,

My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has said that he "might as well be dead" and

I am so sad and worried for him, but I dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.

How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried I am actually getting ill.

Guest guest

Welcome! Please feel free to join in wherever you like!

Roxanna

( ) New member

Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my way around finding support. I'm new to this group and just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding this group!

Guest guest

My 5 1/2 yr old son is a perfect angel at school. His teacher is shocked when I share stories with her. Some of our family feels the same way (errr!!!) It's like he's got 2 sides to him. The moment we get home, his real side comes out. Anyways, I resorted to video taping him. When we see his behavior starting to escalate or change in a negative way, get your video camera. I keep mine handy. Hope this helps-From: Roxanna <MadIdeas@...> Sent: Fri, March 4, 2011 5:31:19 PMSubject: Re: ( ) New member

Welcome! Please feel free to join in wherever you like!

Roxanna

( ) New member

Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my way around finding support. I'm new to this group and just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding this group!

Guest guest

I agree. Don't give the school so much power. I did when my son was 4. I was

nieve and started at the school level hoping, assuming that's well all the

answers were in order to help my son. Their evaluation found nothing but a high

IQ. The IEP meeting lasted 10 minutes - no services for my son. I was lost and

confused and took everything they said as final.

They also implied his behavior (which was my only concern) was due to my

parenting skills. When I made a comment about his toileting problems, the school

psych instructed me to make my son clean up after himself and that it will clear

up in no time! It was quite humiliating experience as I was not asking them for

parenting tips what so ever!

Anyways - fast forward 2 years - I took my son to a child psych for a social

skills group in order to prepare him to enter first grade (we opted out of

Kindergarten because of my concerns) and they ended up doing an eval. I thought

they would find ADHD but I wasn't too surprised when they dx him with Aspergers.

Once I had that it trumped over any eval the school would do.

I've also been told by many people that often the school psych tend to be lazy

and if there is an outside private eval they often just copy it into their

report. The school psych probably only spent 10 minutes with my son. Why would

he need to waste his time when a private psych already did all the work for him!

Definately - go for a private eval.

Good luck.

>

> Hi! Welcome to our group!

>

> It is pretty common for kids to hold it in during the day, then let loose when

they get home. It doesn't mean your home is the problem! When you think about

it, we all do this to an extent. If you are at work and your boss ticks you

off, you can't really let him know what you think of him! But when you get

home, you are a grouch and snap at everyone. Same sort of thing.

>

> It sounds like he has a lot of anxiety. meds could help with that since the

school won't help accommodate him at all. Depression can be a serious problem

for some of these kids when they hit the teen years. My ds is 14 yo (hfa) and

for about two years prior to now, he was severely depressed and we had to use

meds. He is doing much better this past year.

>

> Another idea you might think about is seeing an outside psychologist and not

the school psychologist. Get a second opinion. I don't know how that works

over there. But many school psychologists here are not qualified to diagnose

kids with anything more than a learning disability. They also have an incentive

to not be as helpful since they are working for the school and looking at the

budget.

>

> Can you get any of the teachers to help out? I don't know what sort of

problems he is having at school, but sometimes you can find a helpful teacher

who will look out for him? Do they have any clubs that he could be a part of

(chess? Swimming? track?) because it would help if he had a friend or two for

support. And that is hard for our kids to find, I know.

>

> Please feel free to join in anywhere, anytime! hang in there!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Roxanna

> “Our lives begin to end the day webecome silent about things that matter.â€

- Luther King, Jr.

>

>

>

>

>

> ( ) new member

>

>

>

>

>

> I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has

Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am

pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and

my younger sister who has AS,

> My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think

he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that

there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact

that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any

family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the

discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates

it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I

make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by

that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started

soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and

there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library

because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has

said that he " might as well be dead " and I am so sad and worried for him, but I

dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they

only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.

> How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried

I am actually getting ill.

>

Guest guest

Thanks, for the replys and the reassurance, I cannot get over how supportive and helpful everyone is here.Adam does have anxiety and to be honest I dont know how things work over here myself, We have been to the doctor and refferred to a psychiatrist but we are still going through the very slow system, the waiting list is very long apparently...I may have to go back to the doctor regarding him being depressed, Im just going to take it a day at a time, if he is down more than up I will definately take him, I understand that depression is sometimes inherited and as my 3 sisters and I are all on medication, one has aspergers and my mother and most of her siblings have "mental health" issues, Id be more surprised if Adam hasnt got something similar. On Friday purely by chance a friend introduced me to his best friends mother, she has

aspergers and runs a support group in the town next to us and is helping me to get the help and hopefully a diagnosis for Adam. She is willing to come to school appointments and is going to introduce me to a lovely man, not sure if he is a psycologist, but he diagnosed her and her son, Im more than happy to pay for a private evaluation and diagnosis but just having someone to talk to who knows how I feel but can also shed some light on how Adam is feeling is worth more than anything, I have decided that I am going to stop doing what the school suggest, they dont know what is best for my child, I DO and I am going to toughen up, and make them put in the effort. Im not going to let them pass the buck and try to blame me!!!After reading all the experiences on here I do feel slightly guilty as I dont have half the problems some of you all do and I was falling to bits, Ive given myself a kick up the butt now :)I may not comment or feel able

to offer any advice to others but I am reading and feeling everyones frustrations and worries, my thoughts are with everyone.Hayleyx x x From: Roxanna <MadIdeas@...>Subject: Re: ( ) new member Date: Saturday, 5 March, 2011, 1:30

Hi! Welcome to our group!

It is pretty common for kids to hold it in during the day, then let loose when they get home. It doesn't mean your home is the problem! When you think about it, we all do this to an extent. If you are at work and your boss ticks you off, you can't really let him know what you think of him! But when you get home, you are a grouch and snap at everyone. Same sort of thing.

It sounds like he has a lot of anxiety. meds could help with that since the school won't help accommodate him at all. Depression can be a serious problem for some of these kids when they hit the teen years. My ds is 14 yo (hfa) and for about two years prior to now, he was severely depressed and we had to use meds. He is doing much better this past year.

Another idea you might think about is seeing an outside psychologist and not the school psychologist. Get a second opinion. I don't know how that works over there. But many school psychologists here are not qualified to diagnose kids with anything more than a learning disability. They also have an incentive to not be as helpful since they are working for the school and looking at the budget.

Can you get any of the teachers to help out? I don't know what sort of problems he is having at school, but sometimes you can find a helpful teacher who will look out for him? Do they have any clubs that he could be a part of (chess? Swimming? track?) because it would help if he had a friend or two for support. And that is hard for our kids to find, I know.

Please feel free to join in anywhere, anytime! hang in there!

Roxanna

( ) new member

I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and my younger sister who has AS,

My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has said that he "might as well

be dead" and

I am so sad and worried for him, but I dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.

How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried I am actually getting ill.

Guest guest

Hayley, we may not have all the same problems, but everyone has their own set of circumstances. Never feel bad for posting, your post may help someone else that had the same question! And sometimes, it is nice to hear about other's experiences to realize that maybe your lot isn't quite as bad as you thought :)

Carolyn

From: Hayley Wild <apatchicat@...> Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 10:31:32 AMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Thanks, for the replys and the reassurance, I cannot get over how supportive and helpful everyone is here. Adam does have anxiety and to be honest I dont know how things work over here myself, We have been to the doctor and refferred to a psychiatrist but we are still going through the very slow system, the waiting list is very long apparently...I may have to go back to the doctor regarding him being depressed, Im just going to take it a day at a time, if he is down more than up I will definately take him, I understand that depression is sometimes inherited and as my 3 sisters and I are all on medication, one has aspergers and my mother and most of her siblings have "mental health" issues, Id be more surprised if Adam hasnt got something similar.

On Friday purely by chance a friend introduced me to his best friends mother, she has aspergers and runs a support group in the town next to us and is helping me to get the help and hopefully a diagnosis for Adam. She is willing to come to school appointments and is going to introduce me to a lovely man, not sure if he is a psycologist, but he diagnosed her and her son, Im more than happy to pay for a private evaluation and diagnosis but just having someone to talk to who knows how I feel but can also shed some light on how Adam is feeling is worth more than anything, I have decided that I am going to stop doing what the school suggest, they dont know what is best for my child, I DO and I am going to toughen up, and make them put in the effort. Im not going to let them pass the buck and try to blame me!!! After reading all the experiences on here I do feel slightly guilty as I dont have half the problems some of you all do and I was falling to bits, Ive given myself a kick up the butt now :)

I may not comment or feel able to offer any advice to others but I am reading and feeling everyones frustrations and worries, my thoughts are with everyone.

Hayley

x x x

From: Roxanna <MadIdeas@...>Subject: Re: ( ) new member Date: Saturday, 5 March, 2011, 1:30

Hi! Welcome to our group!It is pretty common for kids to hold it in during the day, then let loose when they get home. It doesn't mean your home is the problem! When you think about it, we all do this to an extent. If you are at work and your boss ticks you off, you can't really let him know what you think of him! But when you get home, you are a grouch and snap at everyone. Same sort of thing. It sounds like he has a lot of anxiety. meds could help with that since the school won't help accommodate him at all. Depression can be a serious problem for some of these kids when they hit the teen years. My ds is 14 yo (hfa) and for about two years prior to now, he was severely depressed and we had to use meds. He is doing much

better this past year. Another idea you might think about is seeing an outside psychologist and not the school psychologist. Get a second opinion. I don't know how that works over there. But many school psychologists here are not qualified to diagnose kids with anything more than a learning disability. They also have an incentive to not be as helpful since they are working for the school and looking at the budget. Can you get any of the teachers to help out? I don't know what sort of problems he is having at school, but sometimes you can find a helpful teacher who will look out for him? Do they have any clubs that he could be a part of (chess? Swimming? track?) because it would help if he had a friend or two for support. And that is hard for our kids to find, I know.Please feel free to join in anywhere, anytime! hang in there!

Roxanna“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.†- Luther King, Jr.

( ) new member

I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and my younger sister who has AS,My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started

soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has said that he "might as well be dead" and I am so sad and worried for him, but I dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried I am actually getting ill.

Guest guest

Thankyou for your input, My son had/has occasional tolietting problems, when he was bullied the school suggested it was something he was witnessing outside school that was upsetting him, despite giving the names of the children involved and details of when and where things were happening...They suggested he had an upset tummy well you would have if you were worried sick about getting beaten by a group of kids every single day!!He isnt being bullied now, well not that I know of but he is so so afraid that he might be that he wont go out to play, he hides in the library and if he cant go in there he runs around the school perimeter, his theory is that if he is running people wont have chance to catch him and "get" him. Normal classroom tittle tattle is mis interpretted,understandably of course, but in his head he is back where he was when he was

being bullied and FEELS like he is being bullied, he only has this fear at break and lunchtimes so he used to come home at lunch time as we live about a minute or twos walk from school but then the school requested that he stay in school to try to form some friendships and join in with some activities...within a couple of days he had been kicked hit and ragged about on two days and ran away from school so I dont think being in school and forcing him to face these situations is beneficial to his emotional welbeing, he has this intense sense of fairness and will step in to help someone if he feels they are being victimised in anyway, he is a good kid though he doesnt cause trouble and is really loving with younger kids, I just feel that the school are missing all this because they dont see his interaction with the other kids outside of the classroom, I wish I could get it all intpo some sort of order and down on paper to explain it to them.....SIGH...If

only he didnt HAVE to go to school! I just know how much happier he would be, which is a shame as he is so inteligent.Sorry, if I go off on one, I have such a lot going on in my head regarding all this :)TakecareHayleyx x x From: SoCalVal <socalval@...>Subject: Re: ( ) new member Date: Saturday, 5 March, 2011, 7:21

I agree. Don't give the school so much power. I did when my son was 4. I was nieve and started at the school level hoping, assuming that's well all the answers were in order to help my son. Their evaluation found nothing but a high IQ. The IEP meeting lasted 10 minutes - no services for my son. I was lost and confused and took everything they said as final.

They also implied his behavior (which was my only concern) was due to my parenting skills. When I made a comment about his toileting problems, the school psych instructed me to make my son clean up after himself and that it will clear up in no time! It was quite humiliating experience as I was not asking them for parenting tips what so ever!

Anyways - fast forward 2 years - I took my son to a child psych for a social skills group in order to prepare him to enter first grade (we opted out of Kindergarten because of my concerns) and they ended up doing an eval. I thought they would find ADHD but I wasn't too surprised when they dx him with Aspergers. Once I had that it trumped over any eval the school would do.

I've also been told by many people that often the school psych tend to be lazy and if there is an outside private eval they often just copy it into their report. The school psych probably only spent 10 minutes with my son. Why would he need to waste his time when a private psych already did all the work for him!

Definately - go for a private eval.

Good luck.

>

> Hi! Welcome to our group!

>

> It is pretty common for kids to hold it in during the day, then let loose when they get home. It doesn't mean your home is the problem! When you think about it, we all do this to an extent. If you are at work and your boss ticks you off, you can't really let him know what you think of him! But when you get home, you are a grouch and snap at everyone. Same sort of thing.

>

> It sounds like he has a lot of anxiety. meds could help with that since the school won't help accommodate him at all. Depression can be a serious problem for some of these kids when they hit the teen years. My ds is 14 yo (hfa) and for about two years prior to now, he was severely depressed and we had to use meds. He is doing much better this past year.

>

> Another idea you might think about is seeing an outside psychologist and not the school psychologist. Get a second opinion. I don't know how that works over there. But many school psychologists here are not qualified to diagnose kids with anything more than a learning disability. They also have an incentive to not be as helpful since they are working for the school and looking at the budget.

>

> Can you get any of the teachers to help out? I don't know what sort of problems he is having at school, but sometimes you can find a helpful teacher who will look out for him? Do they have any clubs that he could be a part of (chess? Swimming? track?) because it would help if he had a friend or two for support. And that is hard for our kids to find, I know.

>

> Please feel free to join in anywhere, anytime! hang in there!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Roxanna

> “Our lives begin to end the day webecome silent about things that matter.†- Luther King, Jr.

>

>

>

>

>

> ( ) new member

>

>

>

>

>

> I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and my younger sister who has AS,

> My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has said that he "might as

well be dead" and I am so sad and worried for him, but I dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.

> How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried I am actually getting ill.

>

Guest guest

I completely understand. Your son sounds a lot like mine (sensitive to others) and some similar school experiences. It's so heart breaking isn't it? We never felt like the school cared to know how sweet or sensitive our son was or to hear about his positive behaviors. I spent so much time volunteering in my son's class and I was so shocked to learn that there is NO room for any emotional support for these kids. I mean as little as a comforting pat on the back, or "it will be okay". There was a boy in my son's class that had high anxiety and cried - a lot! The teacher just threatend to send him next door if he didn't stop. Give me a break. It caused him to cry more and for longer. All it took was for someone to talk to him gently and offer him a place to sit and relax until he could join the group but that's not their job. Just to teach. Sorry, I could go on and on.We did not have good experiences at school but I know some of you may have.

My son's most difficult times where also recess and lunch - lunch recess. It makes sense when you think that is unstructured time - more kids, less supervision and all of those social cues flying around that our kids don't pick up. I think they know they're missing something, something is happening that they don't understand and it's scarey. My son would choose the swing because that's an activity he could do on his own and avoid interaction with the other 100 kids running around. But there was only 4 swings. As soon as another child would come to wait for his swing and count to 20 - my son would flip out, shout at the kid or just refuse to get off. If he did go on the main playground to play with the ball he would almost always misinterpret things and feel threatened by something, end up running off. One day after school he was playing with a ball by himself while I was in the classroom talking with the teacher. Apparently another teacher asked her son and 3 boys to go outside to collect all the balls. Well when you send 4 7 year olds to do that - they ran out and starting grabbing balls with out saying anything to my son and he got scared (because of how he was interpreting the situation) and ran off. All the boys chased him - which made it worse. Now my son was feeling like they were after him, he felt like they were attacking him he said later. And he turned around and started hitting - more like swatting at them. They told the teacher/mom (who is very protective of her spoiled little boy) and they later pushed to have my son suspended. When I went out to help my son, he was standing frozen in place, tears falling hard like rain storm and I picked him up his little heart was racing, pounding right out of his chest. He was terrified. Later when I asked him - he hardly remembered what happened.

I understand how overwheImed you must feel. I'm still feeling overwhelmed myself. We just finished the IEP process last month. It can actually help if you do try to write it all down on paper. It will help you organize your feelings in your head. I feel the more you do that, when it comes time to talk at the IEP - you will have prioritized your thoughts and it will come out better. For me my biggest challenge was to leave my emotions at home. I needed an outlet of where to put my emotions so they wouldn't come pouring out at the meetings. I had that aha moment too when I realized I had to toughen up. These people don't care about what I'm feeling or hard this is. Writing on my online support groups helped, writing personal journals about my son helped. Reading other peoples problems helped put mine in pespective but still when your fighting for your baby during those meetings - that's all that mattered at the time!

Hang in there. Keep coming for support. Get that IEP but still consider other options for different learning environments for him. His needs are different. Are there other options near you? Charter schools? Private schools? Homeschool to give him time .... I know everyone can't homeschool - some states make it harder than others, some people work full time etc. We never thought we would be Homeschooling type of people - but here we are. For us, it's the only option for now and we'll see each year how it goes.

Sorry, I'm all over the place. Don't know if I helped, I hope so!

Take care,

( ) new member> > > > > > I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and my younger sister who has AS,> My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has said that he "might as well be dead" and I am so sad and worried for him, but I dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.> How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried I am actually getting ill.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3484 - Release Date: 03/05/11 19:34:00

Guest guest

,you are so right about the lack of emotional support in class, I think that there should a Psychologist (every school has it) but she or he should do rounds and go to all the classes in elementary during the day or be on call when something like this happens and the child just needs to be comforted and feel secure and safe again. Our chidden feel sooo alone and lost when things happen, like yelling, punishing or unjustices. I agree with you and I will find out what we can do to change that in the school system. From: SoCalVal <socalval@...> Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 2:27:15 PMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

I completely understand. Your son sounds a lot like mine (sensitive to others) and some similar school experiences. It's so heart breaking isn't it? We never felt like the school cared to know how sweet or sensitive our son was or to hear about his positive behaviors. I spent so much time volunteering in my son's class and I was so shocked to learn that there is NO room for any emotional support for these kids. I mean as little as a comforting pat on the back, or "it will be okay". There was a boy in my son's class that had high anxiety and cried - a lot! The teacher just threatend to send him next door if he didn't stop. Give me a break. It caused him to cry more and for longer. All it took was for someone to talk to him gently and offer him a place to sit and relax until he could join the group but that's not their job. Just to teach. Sorry, I could go on and on.We did not have good experiences at school but I know some of you may have.

My son's most difficult times where also recess and lunch - lunch recess. It makes sense when you think that is unstructured time - more kids, less supervision and all of those social cues flying around that our kids don't pick up. I think they know they're missing something, something is happening that they don't understand and it's scarey. My son would choose the swing because that's an activity he could do on his own and avoid interaction with the other 100 kids running around. But there was only 4 swings. As soon as another child would come to wait for his swing and count to 20 - my son would flip out, shout at the kid or just refuse to get off. If he did go on the main playground to play with the ball he would almost always misinterpret things and feel threatened by something, end up running off. One day after school he was playing with a ball by himself while I was in the classroom talking with the teacher. Apparently another teacher asked her son and 3 boys to go outside to collect all the balls. Well when you send 4 7 year olds to do that - they ran out and starting grabbing balls with out saying anything to my son and he got scared (because of how he was interpreting the situation) and ran off. All the boys chased him - which made it worse. Now my son was feeling like they were after him, he felt like they were attacking him he said later. And he turned around and started hitting - more like swatting at them. They told the teacher/mom (who is very protective of her spoiled little boy) and they later pushed to have my son suspended. When I went out to help my son, he was standing frozen in place, tears falling hard like rain storm and I picked him up his little heart was racing, pounding right out of his chest. He was terrified. Later when I asked him - he hardly remembered what happened.

I understand how overwheImed you must feel. I'm still feeling overwhelmed myself. We just finished the IEP process last month. It can actually help if you do try to write it all down on paper. It will help you organize your feelings in your head. I feel the more you do that, when it comes time to talk at the IEP - you will have prioritized your thoughts and it will come out better. For me my biggest challenge was to leave my emotions at home. I needed an outlet of where to put my emotions so they wouldn't come pouring out at the meetings. I had that aha moment too when I realized I had to toughen up. These people don't care about what I'm feeling or hard this is. Writing on my online support groups helped, writing personal journals about my son helped. Reading other peoples problems helped put mine in pespective but still when your fighting for your baby during those meetings - that's all that mattered at the time!

Hang in there. Keep coming for support. Get that IEP but still consider other options for different learning environments for him. His needs are different. Are there other options near you? Charter schools? Private schools? Homeschool to give him time .... I know everyone can't homeschool - some states make it harder than others, some people work full time etc. We never thought we would be Homeschooling type of people - but here we are. For us, it's the only option for now and we'll see each year how it goes.

Take care,

( ) new member> > > > > > I am a mum of 3, my middle child Adam is nearly 13 and I suspect he has Aspergers, I could not begin to list all the symptoms and reasons why I am pretty certain he has AS but initially I recognised similarities between him and my younger sister who has AS,> My problem is that I cannot get his school to see what I see, they dont think he has AS and because his anger outbursts are always at home they think that there is a problem at home, which is really not the case, apart from the fact that he and his older brother really dont get on but that could happen in any family with siblings, I have to DRAG conversation from him but from the discussions we have had he has explained how he feels at school and how he hates it, he has run away from school a few times and sometimes refuses to go,but I make him, he was badly bullied at primary school and he has been traumatised by that to the point where he is afraid of anyone he doesnt know, he has started soiling himself again and avoids going in the canteen because its too noisy and there are too many people in there, he spends all his lunch hour in the library because he says its safe in there, where there are teachers....Recently he has said that he "might as well be dead" and I am so sad and worried for him, but I dont know who to go to for help, the school Psycologist says its not AS and they only seem to be bothered about the drop in his attendance and not his happiness.> How have other people with young teens like him coped because I am so worried I am actually getting ill.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.449 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3484 - Release Date: 03/05/11 19:34:00

Guest guest

,You absolutely hit things on the head for me, and yes thanks you have helped, I have decided to pay for a private diagnosis for my son, to speed things up and because I feel that once the diagnosis is made the school will have no choice but to accept that he HAS got aspergers and that they HAVE to adjust to suit his needs....hopefully this will make a difference to his school day but I do have other options, home schooling will be a last resort for me but if it is neccesary I will do it, there is a new school not too far away that is specifically for AS

kids, its not open yet but is a posibility when it does open.Thanks for replying to me, it really makes a huge difference knowing others have a similar situation....and I am not an over protective mother who has decided to give this condition to my son!!! As if anyone would CHOOSE to do that!! TakcareHayleyMum to nearly 13 yr old Adam with Aspergersx x x From: SoCalVal <socalval@...> Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 2:27:15 PMSubject: Re: ( ) new member

Take care,

Guest guest

Hi Hanah,welcome to the group, I also have an 8 years old son who takes a bit of time to get his ideas out and it makes things difficult for him socially. Where are you located? do they have social groups so you can take your son there and he can make friends.Let me know anything you want to know or however we can help we will. This is a great group, it has helped me a lot. From: Hanah <mrsmozy@...> Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 2:57:32 PMSubject: ( ) New member

Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hanah and my son Tamir was diagnosed with Asperger's. He will be nine in May and I am blessed to have such a wonderful son. I have four children, two boys and two girls. My son Tamir is the oldest. My youngest daughter is four and possibly also has a disorder from the autism spectrum, though the doctors are unsure what to diagnose her with at this time. She has an extreme speech delay and basically speaks equivelent to the average 2.4 year old but understands spoken language like a 3.5 year old. In a way, I am relieved that I finally know what my son has. It has been frustrating not knowing up until now and it is still frustrating knowing my daughter can not be helped until her speech therapy begins working and the doctors can diagnose her properly. Earlier on, it was a "sure thing" that Tamir had ADHD PI and nothing related to autism. I was finally able to find a

psychologist who really looked further into my sons symptoms and diagnosed him just last friday with Asperger's. He did say he has symptoms relating to ADHD PI but all of those are secondary to Asperger's. The main problem my son has is in reading comprehension and with socializing. He is very friendly and loves having people around (whenever he is not engrossed in his sketching) but because he speaks slower than other children and often repeats words, he has trouble finding friends who will be patient until he can get his thoughts across. He has been bullied in school even though he is much taller than average children his age. He has had anxieties and depression. Currently his councelors are working on improving his self confidence and I can already see a marked improvement in how he interacts with others. I am happy to join this group and am looking forward to interacting with others who share similar experiences.

Guest guest

Thank you .

I am located in Central Florida. I am not sure if there are social groups for AS in my area. This is all pretty new to me. I was so sure he had another disorder and was pretty shocked when they told me he had AS instead. It all makes sense though. All his symptoms seem to fit.

How can I find social groups in my area? I would love to give him the opportunity to find new friends and meet new people.

Hanah

>> Hi Hanah,> welcome to the group, I also have an 8 years old son who takes a bit of time to > get his ideas out and it makes things difficult for him socially. Where are you > located? do they have social groups so you can take your son there and he can > make friends.> > Let me know anything you want to know or however we can help we will. This is a > great group, it has helped me a lot.> > > > > > > ________________________________> From: Hanah mrsmozy@...> > Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 2:57:32 PM> Subject: ( ) New member> > > Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hanah > and my son Tamir was diagnosed with Asperger's. He will be nine in May and I am > blessed to have such a wonderful son. I have four children, two boys and two > girls. My son Tamir is the oldest. My youngest daughter is four and possibly > also has a disorder from the autism spectrum, though the doctors are unsure what > to diagnose her with at this time. She has an extreme speech delay and > basically speaks equivelent to the average 2.4 year old but understands spoken > language like a 3.5 year old. In a way, I am relieved that I finally know what > my son has. It has been frustrating not knowing up until now and it is still > frustrating knowing my daughter can not be helped until her speech therapy > begins working and the doctors can diagnose her properly. Earlier on, it was a > "sure thing" that Tamir had ADHD PI and nothing related to autism. I was > finally able to find a psychologist who really looked further into my sons > symptoms and diagnosed him just last friday with Asperger's. He did say he has > symptoms relating to ADHD PI but all of those are secondary to Asperger's. The > main problem my son has is in reading comprehension and with socializing. He is > very friendly and loves having people around (whenever he is not engrossed in > his sketching) but because he speaks slower than other children and often > repeats words, he has trouble finding friends who will be patient until he can > get his thoughts across. He has been bullied in school even though he is much > taller than average children his age. He has had anxieties and depression. > Currently his councelors are working on improving his self confidence and I can > already see a marked improvement in how he interacts with others. I am happy to > join this group and am looking forward to interacting with others who share > similar experiences.>

Guest guest

Golly, Terry, it looks like you do need some advice, and a new Rheumy

wouldn't hurt. From what I've seen in my 21 years of RA it seems that the

common beginning has been Methotrexate and Prednisone. Of course there are

newer meds that do a better job and may not be quite as bad with side

effects, but they open the door to new and sometimes dangerous effects. I've

had bad reactions to Arava, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex, Humira, Plaquenil, and

a few others, so you can expect some reason to discontinue one of the meds

that you don't like or that don't like you. My advice would be to take the

new meds with the knowledge of side effects and other expectations you can

find on the internet if you look hard enough. That way you can know what to

expect from the meds and will help you know when they might be bad for you.

Go ihto the archives on this group and you'll find a wealth of information

you can't find anywhere else. Good luck,

Dennis in eastexas

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM, settersx3 <settersx3@...> wrote:

>

>

> Thanks very much for allowing me to join your group. I appologize for this

> long post but I am hoping someone can offer some advice. I am having trouble

> finding meds that will work for me. I had a bad allergic reaction to

> plaquinil after my first rheumy diagnosed lupus. I found another dr. who

> diagnosed RA and put me on sulfasalazine and meloxicam. After 6 weeks, I

> developed a huge swollen gland under my chin, the size of a golf ball. When

> I called my rheumy they said to call my GP because it was not related. My GP

> switched antibiotics twice with still no effect on the gland but blood tests

> showed liver abnormality. The rheumy still said it was unrelated to the

> medication. I stopped taking the meds anyway and 48 hrs later the gland

> began to receed. I see my rheumy tomorrow for a regular check up and I have

> now been off meds for 4 days so I'm back to square one. I am feeling very

> frustrated at this point and scared that I will never be able to return to

> the life I knew before I was diagnosed a year ago. I am looking for success

> stories, can people be helped with medication and return to a normal life?

> Is it usually this hard to find the right meds?

> Thanks for any input, Terry

>

>

>

Guest guest

Terry, I have had RA for 10 years now, and it started off with a bang.

I had a rough time for a while, and then my rheumy started me on

Enbrel, one of the biologic drugs. I has worked wonderfully well for

me, and I can hardly tell I have RA. My life is back to normal, as

normal as it can be for someone my age, which is 71. Don't give up

hope; it does take a while to find the right combination of drugs for

each individual person, because we are all different and have

different reactions to the drugs. I hope that your rheumy will attack

your RA aggressively so that you will soon get relief. Hang in there!

Sue

On Mar 13, 2011, at 2:58 PM, settersx3 wrote:

> Thanks very much for allowing me to join your group. I appologize

> for this long post but I am hoping someone can offer some advice. I

> am having trouble finding meds that will work for me. I had a bad

> allergic reaction to plaquinil after my first rheumy diagnosed

> lupus. I found another dr. who diagnosed RA and put me on

> sulfasalazine and meloxicam. After 6 weeks, I developed a huge

> swollen gland under my chin, the size of a golf ball. When I called

> my rheumy they said to call my GP because it was not related. My GP

> switched antibiotics twice with still no effect on the gland but

> blood tests showed liver abnormality. The rheumy still said it was

> unrelated to the medication. I stopped taking the meds anyway and 48

> hrs later the gland began to receed. I see my rheumy tomorrow for a

> regular check up and I have now been off meds for 4 days so I'm back

> to square one. I am feeling very frustrated at this point and

> scared that I will never be able to return to the life I knew before

> I was diagnosed a year ago. I am looking for success stories, can

> people be helped with medication and return to a normal life? Is it

> usually this hard to find the right meds?

> Thanks for any input, Terry

Guest guest

Hannah we are moving to Central Florida in a couple of months so I would love to talk to you via email about this :)Christinlewin@...Sent from my iPhoneOn Mar 14, 2011, at 9:16 PM, "Hanah" <mrsmozy@...> wrote:

Thank you .

I am located in Central Florida. I am not sure if there are social groups for AS in my area. This is all pretty new to me. I was so sure he had another disorder and was pretty shocked when they told me he had AS instead. It all makes sense though. All his symptoms seem to fit.

How can I find social groups in my area? I would love to give him the opportunity to find new friends and meet new people.

Hanah

>> Hi Hanah,> welcome to the group, I also have an 8 years old son who takes a bit of time to > get his ideas out and it makes things difficult for him socially. Where are you > located? do they have social groups so you can take your son there and he can > make friends.> > Let me know anything you want to know or however we can help we will. This is a > great group, it has helped me a lot.> > > > > > > ________________________________> From: Hanah mrsmozy@...> > Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 2:57:32 PM> Subject: ( ) New member> > > Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hanah > and my son Tamir was diagnosed with Asperger's. He will be nine in May and I am > blessed to have such a wonderful son. I have four children, two boys and two > girls. My son Tamir is the oldest. My youngest daughter is four and possibly > also has a disorder from the autism spectrum, though the doctors are unsure what > to diagnose her with at this time. She has an extreme speech delay and > basically speaks equivelent to the average 2.4 year old but understands spoken > language like a 3.5 year old. In a way, I am relieved that I finally know what > my son has. It has been frustrating not knowing up until now and it is still > frustrating knowing my daughter can not be helped until her speech therapy > begins working and the doctors can diagnose her properly. Earlier on, it was a > "sure thing" that Tamir had ADHD PI and nothing related to autism. I was > finally able to find a psychologist who really looked further into my sons > symptoms and diagnosed him just last friday with Asperger's. He did say he has > symptoms relating to ADHD PI but all of those are secondary to Asperger's. The > main problem my son has is in reading comprehension and with socializing. He is > very friendly and loves having people around (whenever he is not engrossed in > his sketching) but because he speaks slower than other children and often > repeats words, he has trouble finding friends who will be patient until he can > get his thoughts across. He has been bullied in school even though he is much > taller than average children his age. He has had anxieties and depression. > Currently his councelors are working on improving his self confidence and I can > already see a marked improvement in how he interacts with others. I am happy to > join this group and am looking forward to interacting with others who share > similar experiences.>

Guest guest

I would love that! Email me anytime :)

Hanah

> > >

> > > Hi Hanah,

> > > welcome to the group, I also have an 8 years old son who takes a bit of

time to

> > > get his ideas out and it makes things difficult for him socially. Where

are you

> > > located? do they have social groups so you can take your son there and he

can

> > > make friends.

> > >

> > > Let me know anything you want to know or however we can help we will. This

is a

> > > great group, it has helped me a lot.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ________________________________

> > > From: Hanah mrsmozy@

> > >

> > > Sent: Mon, March 14, 2011 2:57:32 PM

> > > Subject: ( ) New member

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is

Hanah

> > > and my son Tamir was diagnosed with Asperger's. He will be nine in May and

I am

> > > blessed to have such a wonderful son. I have four children, two boys and

two

> > > girls. My son Tamir is the oldest. My youngest daughter is four and

possibly

> > > also has a disorder from the autism spectrum, though the doctors are

unsure what

> > > to diagnose her with at this time. She has an extreme speech delay and

> > > basically speaks equivelent to the average 2.4 year old but understands

spoken

> > > language like a 3.5 year old. In a way, I am relieved that I finally know

what

> > > my son has. It has been frustrating not knowing up until now and it is

still

> > > frustrating knowing my daughter can not be helped until her speech therapy

> > > begins working and the doctors can diagnose her properly. Earlier on, it

was a

> > > " sure thing " that Tamir had ADHD PI and nothing related to autism. I was

> > > finally able to find a psychologist who really looked further into my sons

> > > symptoms and diagnosed him just last friday with Asperger's. He did say he

has

> > > symptoms relating to ADHD PI but all of those are secondary to Asperger's.

The

> > > main problem my son has is in reading comprehension and with socializing.

He is

> > > very friendly and loves having people around (whenever he is not engrossed

in

> > > his sketching) but because he speaks slower than other children and often

> > > repeats words, he has trouble finding friends who will be patient until he

can

> > > get his thoughts across. He has been bullied in school even though he is

much

> > > taller than average children his age. He has had anxieties and depression.

> > > Currently his councelors are working on improving his self confidence and

I can

> > > already see a marked improvement in how he interacts with others. I am

happy to

> > > join this group and am looking forward to interacting with others who

> > > similar experiences.

> > >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello Hanah and welcome to the group. This is a great group and hopefully you will the support and advice here helpful. ne

From: Hanah <mrsmozy@...>Subject: ( ) New member Date: Monday, March 14, 2011, 2:57 PM

Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hanah and my son Tamir was diagnosed with Asperger's. He will be nine in May and I am blessed to have such a wonderful son. I have four children, two boys and two girls. My son Tamir is the oldest. My youngest daughter is four and possibly also has a disorder from the autism spectrum, though the doctors are unsure what to diagnose her with at this time. She has an extreme speech delay and basically speaks equivelent to the average 2.4 year old but understands spoken language like a 3.5 year old. In a way, I am relieved that I finally know what my son has. It has been frustrating not knowing up until now and it is still frustrating knowing my daughter can not be helped until her speech therapy begins working and the doctors can diagnose her properly. Earlier on, it was a "sure thing" that Tamir had ADHD PI and nothing related to autism. I was finally able to find a psychologist who

really looked further into my sons symptoms and diagnosed him just last friday with Asperger's. He did say he has symptoms relating to ADHD PI but all of those are secondary to Asperger's. The main problem my son has is in reading comprehension and with socializing. He is very friendly and loves having people around (whenever he is not engrossed in his sketching) but because he speaks slower than other children and often repeats words, he has trouble finding friends who will be patient until he can get his thoughts across. He has been bullied in school even though he is much taller than average children his age. He has had anxieties and depression. Currently his councelors are working on improving his self confidence and I can already see a marked improvement in how he interacts with others. I am happy to join this group and am looking forward to interacting with others who share similar experiences.

Guest guest

Thank you ne. I appreciate your reply.

>

>

> From: Hanah <mrsmozy@...>

> Subject: ( ) New member

>

> Date: Monday, March 14, 2011, 2:57 PM

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hanah

and my son Tamir was diagnosed with Asperger's. He will be nine in May and I am

blessed to have such a wonderful son. I have four children, two boys and two

girls. My son Tamir is the oldest. My youngest daughter is four and possibly

also has a disorder from the autism spectrum, though the doctors are unsure what

to diagnose her with at this time. She has an extreme speech delay and basically

speaks equivelent to the average 2.4 year old but understands spoken language

like a 3.5 year old. In a way, I am relieved that I finally know what my son

has. It has been frustrating not knowing up until now and it is still

frustrating knowing my daughter can not be helped until her speech therapy

begins working and the doctors can diagnose her properly. Earlier on, it was a

" sure thing " that Tamir had ADHD PI and nothing related to autism. I was finally

able to find a psychologist who

> really looked further into my sons symptoms and diagnosed him just last

friday with Asperger's. He did say he has symptoms relating to ADHD PI but all

of those are secondary to Asperger's. The main problem my son has is in reading

comprehension and with socializing. He is very friendly and loves having people

around (whenever he is not engrossed in his sketching) but because he speaks

slower than other children and often repeats words, he has trouble finding

friends who will be patient until he can get his thoughts across. He has been

bullied in school even though he is much taller than average children his age.

He has had anxieties and depression. Currently his councelors are working on

improving his self confidence and I can already see a marked improvement in how

he interacts with others. I am happy to join this group and am looking forward

to interacting with others who share similar experiences.

>

Guest guest

greetings to the group.

I have been battling RA for a little over a year now. I am on methotrexate.

There is still so much I don't understand about RA. I am in treatment at the VA

hospital and the resources there are limited.

My RA came on very quickly after a vacation to Washington DC with my son.

I'm researching other treatment options at this time. The VA has offered to

start me on Humira. I'm not sure I'm crazy about this medication after some of

the horror stories I have read.

I've always been a believer in natural treatments but have no idea what works

with RA.

I was told the Tai-chi is helpful. I worked out every day many years ago and

have recently returned to this exercise.

Any way, I'm looking forward to communicating with the group, and learning a few

things.

I am 62 years old and A lifetime resident of Florida. I live in Safety Harbor,a

small town on Tampa Bay. I am a retired cop.

Best to all

Bill S.

Guest guest

Fibro

is most of the times untreated thyroid

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/26/dr-john-lowe-on-thyroid-disease-part-1.aspx

Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness

Hypothyroidism

Type 2: The Epidemic

Dr berkson

treats RA with ldn and antibiotics.

Rheumatoid Arthritis: The

Infection Connection {Targeting and Treating the Cause of Chronic Illness}

Lately i

have learnt that food grade hydrogen pyroxide Works just as good as antibiotics

and even better

Flood Your Body with Oxygen

Guest guest

You might try Iodine and D-3 at 15,000 IU a day till your 25 Oh

test hits about 65. But what can help is use apple cider

Vinegar on the rash. You will stink like vinegar but it does help.

try on a small area the size of your hand.

Big Al

--

" The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest

liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them

the truth. " -- H.L. Mencken

Guest guest

Hi Zahra,

I read your e-mail to the Aspergers' support group. Although I am not a mother of autistic children, I work with these children in a school environment. I have lot of respect and admiration for all you mothers.

I am also conducting a study on South Asian families. If you part of that region and is interested please let me know otherwise no harm. Take care.

padma

Re: ( ) New member

Hi 2 all!I'm new here!My 5yr old son has been diagnosed with Autism since 2.5yrs.As he is growing it's getting difficult especially with his tantrums.I'm thankfull that I have found this group Thanx!

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:11 GMT jonikkag wrote:

>Hello all! My 8 year-old DD was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's and I am trying to navigate my way around finding support. I'm new to this group and just wanted to say hi and that I am so thankful for finding this group!

>