RemedySpot.com

dry eyes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

U an hearing so MANY 'experts' saying eye problems are nothing to do with thyroid related. All they have to do is a little bit of research. When will they learn. Anne, I use MSM eye drops and they help keep me eyes from feeling awful all the time. The one thing I hate is having red eyelids at times, especially when it's windy and cold. The added T3 might well help you. Try the experiment.

Luv - Sheila

Hi,I have dry eyes and despite various drops, they are really sore onwaking. I hope I do not have Sjorgrens (- I tested negative about18months ago - and that my added T3 will solve the problem), but the"eye expert" at our surgery will be suggesting plugs in my eyes tokeep tears from running away. Does anyone know anything about this?Is it permanent? By the way the "expert" doesn't believe that eyeproblems can be thyroid related!Luv,Anne

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.11/1200 - Release Date: 27/12/2007 13:34

Another tip is to put some vaseline on your eyelids before you go to sleep. It stops them getting gritty when you wake.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Anne,I had problems with my eyes earlier this year, they were sore andbloodshot on waking. Still not sure what the issue was, but it gotbetter as my adrenals were treated - in my case by increasing my hydrocortisone. Rod>> Hi,> I have dry eyes and despite various drops, they are really sore on> waking. I hope I do not have Sjorgrens (- I tested negative about> 18months ago - and that my added T3 will solve the problem), but the> "eye expert" at our surgery will be suggesting plugs in my eyes to> keep tears from running away. Does anyone know anything about this?> Is it permanent? By the way the "expert" doesn't believe that eye> problems can be thyroid related!> > Luv,> Anne>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.11/1200 - Release Date: 27/12/2007 13:34

This is really getting weird now but my optician said I had dry eyes

earlier this year, he said my tear ducts were not working properly and

totold me to put a hot flannel on my eyes for several minutes in the

morning and then massage them and put something on them...blowed if i

can remember what though. I had blepharitis which is inflammation of

the inner parts of the lids. He said my eye glands weren't working

properly.

Kim

>

> Hi,

> I have dry eyes and despite various drops, they are really sore on

> waking. I hope I do not have Sjorgrens (- I tested negative about

> 18months ago - and that my added T3 will solve the problem), but the

> " eye expert " at our surgery will be suggesting plugs in my eyes to

> keep tears from running away. Does anyone know anything about this?

> Is it permanent? By the way the " expert " doesn't believe that eye

> problems can be thyroid related!

>

> Luv,

> Anne

>

How can these 'experts' be so ignorant? Dry eye is a symptom of

hypothyroidism.

I researched the plugs and came away convinced that they could cause

more problems than they'd fix. Just google it, the procedure isn't

particularly successful from what I've read as the plugs come out

quite easily. If your adrenals and thyroid are adequately supported

there's a good chance that the problem will improve, that's been my

experience anyway. You also need a decent suppliment of vits and

minerals to ensure that you give your body the best chance to 'use'

the meds you are taking.

For me the best treatment is viscotears during the day but you need

something else for bedtime as viscotears will cause problems during

the night. MSM works well for me.

Incidentally, I was also told I had blepharitis - complete tosh. I

used to do the whole uncomfortable regime of hot flannel, cotton

buds scrubbing at the eyelids and it was totally ineffective.

Just treat your eyes with respect, never rub them as this is the

fastest way I know of starting off and unstoppable infection. Use

carbomer based drops (preservative free - v. important) regularly

and it should improve.

I had constant infections until I decided to research and treat my

eyes myself and I am convinced I saved my sight because those eye

infections would eventually have damaged the surface of my eyes. I

think there is a member of this forum who sadly has such damage.

Luv Bella

>

> This is really getting weird now but my optician said I had dry

eyes

> earlier this year, he said my tear ducts were not working properly

and

> totold me to put a hot flannel on my eyes for several minutes in

the

> morning and then massage them and put something on them...blowed

if i

> can remember what though. I had blepharitis which is inflammation

of

> the inner parts of the lids. He said my eye glands weren't working

> properly.

> Kim

>

Your eye glands are probably not working properly because you are hypothyroid and not being treated Kim.

Luv - Sheila

This is really getting weird now but my optician said I had dry eyes earlier this year, he said my tear ducts were not working properly and totold me to put a hot flannel on my eyes for several minutes in the morning and then massage them and put something on them...blowed if i can remember what though. I had blepharitis which is inflammation of the inner parts of the lids. He said my eye glands weren't working properly. Kim>>

Liz, When my eyes were very dry and 'gritty' I switched my eye drops to the kind that add tears. I found some otc (Refresh Tears) but I think a doc would prescribe some for you also. Getting enough omega 3 fatty acid through fish and/or supplements really helps also.

ine

dominie From: eagamble@...Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:19:53 -0800Subject: Dry Eyes

Does anybody have any good suggestiong for dry eyes (besides eye drops)?

Thanks

liz

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. HO HO HO, if you've been nice this year, email Santa! Visit asksanta.ca to learn more!

• 1 month later...

Hi Rose, my eye dr. gave me a sample of Optive that he recommends. I think it works quite well. I also find that taking fish oil will help with dry eyes, also. I don't know where you live, but I really suffer in the winter time here in MI because of the furnace running nearly nonstop. I keep the humidity at around 30% to be comfortable. I really have a problem when i visit in homes where they aren't using a humidifier. That is when I get out the Optive! It is not perfect, but does help some. ElaineRose <rose2617@...> wrote: I have been having a tough week with dry eyes. My over the counter eye drops are not working well. What brand works the best? Thanks.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Thanks Elaine for the info on Optive.. I have 2 humidifiers going in

my house but for some reason this year the dryness has been really

bad. I was taking Coromega fish oil packets for awhile, stopped when

I was having problems with rashes. I am going to go back on it again

since I found out the rash was from a med. Coromega is the only fish

oil supplement my digestive system tolerates. I hope it will work for

the dry eyes. This is the first time I have bothered with dry

irritated eyes-yikes is it miserable!

I have been having a tough week

with dry eyes. My over the counter eye

> drops are not working well. What brand works the best? Thanks.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Rose, also I remember something else my eye dr. told me to do. Soak a washcloth with very warm water and place it over your eyes for a few minutes. He said this will activate the glands in the eyes to bring moisture. I have done this a few times and it does make them feel better. I also use a good eye cream with moisturizer often, to keep area above (lids) and below the eye moist. This helps sooth some of the irritation for me. We have had so much rain and snow this winter, that the dry eye problem hasn't been as bad for me this year as in other years. Elaine Rose <rose2617@...> wrote: Thanks Elaine for the info on Optive.. I have 2 humidifiers going in my house but for some reason this year the dryness has been really bad. I was taking Coromega fish oil packets for awhile, stopped when I was having problems with rashes. I am going to go back on it again since I found out the rash was from a med. Coromega is the only fish oil supplement my digestive system tolerates. I hope it will work for the dry eyes. This is the first time I have bothered with dry irritated eyes-yikes is it miserable! I have been having a tough week with dry eyes. My over the counter eye > drops are not working well. What brand works the best? Thanks.> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

I forgot to mention that I have problems with fish oil also. I use Fisol pearls enteric coated, which is digested in the small intestine, not the stomach. I have a problem stomach--way too much acid--so I have to be careful about what I put into it. I do take Prilosec, and have tried to get off from that several times, but the burning and reflux is just to bad, that I have to go back to it. I have tried digestive enzymes but doesn't do any good to prevent the acid. I really would like an answer for this problem, if anyone has one, as I don't like taking the drug to prevent the acid production. ElaineRose <rose2617@...> wrote: Thanks Elaine for the info on Optive.. I have 2 humidifiers going in my house but for some reason this year the dryness has been really bad. I was taking Coromega fish oil packets for awhile, stopped when I was having problems with rashes. I am going to go back on it again since I found out the rash was from a med. Coromega is the only fish oil supplement my digestive system tolerates. I hope it will work for the dry eyes. This is the first time I have bothered with dry irritated eyes-yikes is it miserable! I have been having a tough week with dry eyes. My over the counter eye > drops are not working well. What brand works the best? Thanks.> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I have chronic dry eyes too. I find the only thing

that helps are teh B & L Rejuvination Eye Drops. The

best thing about them, is that you can use them as

often as you need (whereas most other eye drops you

are limited to several times a day coz they decrease

blood vessel size, to try to reduce redness in the

eyes). I use the B & L drops about once an hour, and

they really help with the dryness. Here is the

correct name of the drops (you can find them at most

drug stores, by the way), and no I do not work for

Bausch & Lomb -- they are simply the best of all the

eye drops I have tried:

Bausch & Lomb Advanced Eye Reliefâ„¢ Dry Eye

Rejuvenation Lubricant Eye Drops

Key Features & Benefits

Effective relief for moderate to severe dry eyes.

Soothes, refreshes and comforts irritated, dry eyes.

Helps prevent further irritation.

Safe and gentle enough to use as often as needed.

Advanced Eye Relief Dry Eye Rejuvenation Lubricant Eye

Drops soothes, refreshes and comforts irritated, dry

eyes. This formula contains two lubricants (glycerin

and propylene glycol) that effectively moisturizes dry

eyes and helps prevent further irritation. It

replenishes tears and refreshes eyes for fast relief

from age-related dry eyes. And it is safe and gentle

enough to use as often as needed.

--- Julyette <jclifton61@...> wrote:

> Yes, I have looked at the website. I'm trying to

> find a doctor who

> can see me this spring! Everyone is either booked

> solid or not

> accepting new patients. I tried Armour for two days

> in 1990 and I

> felt awful so went to Synthroid. I am willing to try

> again. I feel

> much worse since I also have Sjogren's Syndrome,

> another autoimmune

> disease that cause severe dry eyes, nose, ears,

> throat, and mouth

> and organs. Not enough moisture makes it hard to

> chew and swallow. I

> had an adrenal insufficinecy test and adrenals

> checked out okay.

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

http://www./r/hs

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Dry eyes are usually too much air conditioning or low adrenals. There are 2 eye programs either in EFPX or in SCIO Bodyviewer. Avoid chemicals near the eyes and other chemicals too. If you put it near your eye it goes into the eye. I once used an eye regeneration cream and had this problem - never again. Go to bed at 10.30 and get 9 hours sleep where possible. Bye Sue

Guest guest

Thanks for the info. I've been working with the eye programs and have

an optometrist working with me to back myself out of my glasses. The

trouble I've had was the dry eyes and your comments on the low

adrenals are helpful. Hopefully working on that piece will help many

things. Thanks again.

>

> Dry eyes are usually too much air conditioning or low adrenals.

There are 2 eye programs either in EFPX or in SCIO Bodyviewer. Avoid

chemicals near the eyes and other chemicals too. If you put it near

your eye it goes into the eye. I once used an eye regeneration cream

and had this problem - never again. Go to bed at 10.30 and get 9

hours sleep where possible. Bye Sue

>

Guest guest

Hallo,

Just another side of dry eyes. It may be due to some other problem, like Sjogren's Syndrome. In this illness your mucous membranes are drying up, and what you will notice first is the lacrimal and salivary glands drying up, followed by all other organs with mucous membranes. ´

I do hope this is not what has hit you, but please investigate.

Best wishes,

Sven.

Re: Dry Eyes

Thanks for the info. I've been working with the eye programs and havean optometrist working with me to back myself out of my glasses. Thetrouble I've had was the dry eyes and your comments on the lowadrenals are helpful. Hopefully working on that piece will help manythings. Thanks again. >> Dry eyes are usually too much air conditioning or low adrenals. There are 2 eye programs either in EFPX or in SCIO Bodyviewer. Avoidchemicals near the eyes and other chemicals too. If you put it nearyour eye it goes into the eye. I once used an eye regeneration creamand had this problem - never again. Go to bed at 10.30 and get 9hours sleep where possible. Bye Sue>

Guest guest

Thanks for the info. I do not have any other problems except for the dry eyes. I tend to sleep with my eyes slightly open and I think they tend to dry out at night. By morning, they are pretty dry. I'm hoping to use the biofeedback to help. Thanks again. Sven Löf <sven-l@...> wrote: Hallo, Just another side of dry eyes. It may be due to some other problem, like Sjogren's Syndrome. In this illness your mucous membranes are drying up, and what you will notice

first is the lacrimal and salivary glands drying up, followed by all other organs with mucous membranes. ´ I do hope this is not what has hit you, but please investigate. Best wishes, Sven. Re: Dry Eyes Thanks for the info. I've been working with

the eye programs and havean optometrist working with me to back myself out of my glasses. Thetrouble I've had was the dry eyes and your comments on the lowadrenals are helpful. Hopefully working on that piece will help manythings. Thanks again. >> Dry eyes are usually too much air conditioning or low adrenals. There are 2 eye programs either in EFPX or in SCIO Bodyviewer. Avoidchemicals near the eyes and other chemicals too. If you put it nearyour eye it goes into the eye. I once used an eye regeneration creamand had this problem - never again. Go to bed at 10.30 and get 9hours sleep where possible. Bye Sue> BODY BALANCE WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM Easy to do. IT

WORKS!!! Contact Hall - 812-858-1903 LSHall2000@...

Guest guest

We need to also check to make sure there are no imbalances in digestion or in allergy issues of the client. If phlegm (both in digestive track as well as sinuses) is being over produced this can disturb the fine balance of the body and one of those issues may be drying of the eyes.

Yours in Health,

Kathy , ND

www.4yourhealthshop.com

Re: Dry Eyes

Thanks for the info. I've been working with the eye programs and havean optometrist working with me to back myself out of my glasses. Thetrouble I've had was the dry eyes and your comments on the lowadrenals are helpful. Hopefully working on that piece will help manythings. Thanks again. >> Dry eyes are usually too much air conditioning or low adrenals. There are 2 eye programs either in EFPX or in SCIO Bodyviewer. Avoidchemicals near the eyes and other chemicals too. If you put it nearyour eye it goes into the eye. I once used an eye regeneration creamand had this problem - never again. Go to bed at 10.30 and get 9hours sleep where possible. Bye

Sue>

• 4 months later...

Well - I suffered really badly. I used to go to bed with a grape in my mouth. I don't know why but somebody told me about this trick to keep the saliva flowing. I thought I might choke, or the temptation to chew it would be too much, but no, it worked absolutely fine and helped me enormously. However, that was before I started NAE and Armour and the dry mouth has completely gone away and most of the wet, gritty eye, though I still have this occasionally. However, I am so much better I hardly notice it now. I am not sure whether it was the NAE or Armour that did the trick, although I personally think it was Armour.

Luv - Sheila

Hi Jane,Stephie and Sheila,

thanks for your advice re the dry eyes.Doc gave me some Lacri-Lube (sounds like I should be putting it in my car) today plus some liquid tears and some artificial saliva.....how romantic.Will try the MSM distilled eye drops too.

I'm still interested to hear if anyones dry eye/mouth problems improved after adrenal function was restored......?

night night,

julia

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.7.5/1706 - Release Date: 03/10/2008 18:17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a friend whose aunt has Sjogren's syndrome and she tried the

immune balancing powder. It greatly helped her with her dry eye

problem. - Dom

>

> I have dry eyes my eye Dr told me to use Systane.

> I also have blurry vision too. well I added something that helped me

> out it was the immune powder Dominie talks

> about . Her I 26 powder I get mine in strawberry.It has helped have

not

> had to use drops in a week PTL. So e-mail her ladies ask her about

the

> powder.It is in her list of things she uses that works for her.

>

> Heidi

>

> Now remember what works for one person might not work for another

> person and be sure to check with your Dr before you try anything to

add

> anything to your regime.

>

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

PLEASE DELETE PREVIOUS MESSAGE BEFORE CLICKING 'SEND' AND LEAVE JUST A PORTION.

I HAVE DELETED IT THIS TIME FOR YOU JULIA. Sheila

Hi ,

I can't get my GP to test vit D, and can't afford it for myself - maybe the

answer is to just buy some and see if it makes me better! I remember somebody

posted a site once which listed low vit d as a consequence of AI disease rather

than a cause... so maybe we should all be supplementing it regardless...I did

feel a bit better in the caribbean, but by no means well...

Thank you for thinking of me about the serenity, but to be honest I am pretty

sure I have the symptoms of estrogen deficiency - I don't get PMT (well at least

no more than the rest of the month haha), and I actually feel better on the

approach to my period, and pretty much until this migraine then it's downhill

again for a couple of weeks.

I can't believe the humid jungle thing - that's amazing!! Just goes to show that

the docs don't know everything - I reckon a trip to a jungle would cost the same

as an op!

I'm really lucky with the drops - I have viscotears and lacrilube, and while I

don't like the lacrilube, I love the viscotears, and they both appear to be

working. As far as my mouth, I was prescribed some glandosane, which I didn't

like, but bought soem biotene in the chemist which is MUCH better - have you

tried it? And of course, I resorted to KY up the nose last night...

I'll keep you posted, thanks for tyour support...

Leah x

>  

> right.... this is very interesting. As you know I have many of the same

symptoms as you.... I left my vitamin D testing 'til about last and had a very

low result (23) I'm on supps now.

• 5 months later...

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and extremely dry eyes as well as dryness

elsewhere (i.e. mouth, etc.). I had my tear drainage ducts closed

permanantly many years ago because the plugs were did not provide

enough relief. Have you been tested for Sjogren's Syndrome? I also

have Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. I started taking flaxseed oil

and eating flax meal in cereal and yogurt which helped considerably.

Fish oil also helps as a lubricant. I have been on Plaquenil and

antibiotics for years which helped with symptoms and slowing the

progression of the diseases. However, I recently am on a more

holistic program and seeing the best results ever!! I got several

major tests done--hormones, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, heavy

metals, digestion, etc. and replace the things I'm missing or making

none of and am seeing amazing results! I would say get tested for

Sjogren's so you can slow a progressive disease if you have one, but

since I've been doing this holistic stuff, I'm convinced there are

things off in our bodies that we probably don't know about that

actually CAUSE our immune systems to go haywire, and that often the

best 'medicine' is to figure that out and fix what's missing and wrong

rather than give our bodies more drugs. Good luck! I'm happy to

answer more questions if you have any more.

On Aug 16, 2009, at 8:05 AM, Kathy wrote:

> I have extremely dry eyes. I have tried eye drops, and " plugs " and

> cauterization (which didnt work) and am now scheduled for surgery to

> close my tear ducts permanently.

> I am wondering how the dry eye are connected to hormones, arthritis

> or thyroid problems? I was thinking maybe its more than just dry

> eyes and i should be researching further before I have surgery? I

> will be away for a few days and would appreciate answers being sent

> to my email also. thank you, kathy

>

>

Where did you do you testing? (i.e. what kind of doctor?)

Thanks,

Re: rheumatic dry eyes

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and extremely dry eyes as well as dryness

elsewhere (i.e. mouth, etc.). I had my tear drainage ducts closed

permanantly many years ago because the plugs were did not provide

enough relief. Have you been tested for Sjogren's Syndrome? I also

have Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. I started taking flaxseed oil

and eating flax meal in cereal and yogurt which helped considerably.

Fish oil also helps as a lubricant. I have been on Plaquenil and

antibiotics for years which helped with symptoms and slowing the

progression of the diseases. However, I recently am on a more

holistic program and seeing the best results ever!! I got several

major tests done--hormones, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, heavy

metals, digestion, etc. and replace the things I'm missing or making

none of and am seeing amazing results! I would say get tested for

Sjogren's so you can slow a progressive disease if you have one, but

since I've been doing this holistic stuff, I'm convinced there are

things off in our bodies that we probably don't know about that

actually CAUSE our immune systems to go haywire, and that often the

best 'medicine' is to figure that out and fix what's missing and wrong

rather than give our bodies more drugs. Good luck! I'm happy to

answer more questions if you have any more.

On Aug 16, 2009, at 8:05 AM, Kathy wrote:

> I have extremely dry eyes. I have tried eye drops, and " plugs " and

> cauterization (which didnt work) and am now scheduled for surgery to

> close my tear ducts permanently.

> I am wondering how the dry eye are connected to hormones, arthritis

> or thyroid problems? I was thinking maybe its more than just dry

> eyes and i should be researching further before I have surgery? I

> will be away for a few days and would appreciate answers being sent

> to my email also. thank you, kathy

>

>