RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow Sher, same with hubby. amazing what I have learned today. K Central Il wife of DonSher Bauman wrote: My first symptom was an ongoing cough too. And coughing up junk. SOB (short of breath, ) then. I thought I was just out of shape, needed to get more exercise. I wish! Mama-Sher, age 69.

IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Hello Oh Thank you. I am reading a book about about a guy who has it and I sure wish I could talk to the author. I'm not

sure of any procedures here. Is there a time when a bunch are online? Did my email go out to a bunch of people? Thanks Terry, I appreciate the hand of help. Terry Pennisi <terrypennisi@ yahoo.com> wrote: Hi , I am new to this myself, but I am sure you will be as happy as I've been that I found this group. You can cry, moan, get angry, or just be a little nuts and these people will still love you and be there for you! Ask any questions have, someone will have the answer, or point you in the right direction. Anytime you need me, I will be there. For now, I'll just send some hugs. Keep positive, Terry Kennelly <l_kennellyyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Not good. We are reflecting each other. I went from a busy person to nothing and at home all the time. He is a he-man farmer who was always able to do about anything from manhandling a mad momma sow to holding up the family during trauma. We often hold each other and cry. He struggles most days to put one foot in front of another. I think it might be meds, but the doc says that he isnt' sure if it is fibrosis or drugs. Thanks Sher so much support here. K Central Il. wife of DonSher Bauman wrote: K. This is all still pretty fresh for your family. It will take time to not stay in panic mode all the time. The caregivers group can be of much help to you personally . We try to encourage any family member but especially the one with whom we share this disease. How is Don handling all this? Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Hello My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Welcome, I am fairly new and consider this group the best. I'm sure others

will welcome you, and ask for more details including where you live and

where your husband is in his desease.

Steve59 from WA

IPF 2006

>

>Reply-To: Breathe-Support

>To: Breathe-Support

>Subject: Hello

>Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:04:41 -0700 (PDT)

>

>My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis.

> Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and

>we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease.

> Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

>

>

>---------------------------------

>Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

>now.

Guest guest

Hello ,

Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found this

group and you couldnt have done better you can get a

lot of information , help and moral support here.

It is important to be brave so that you can

encourage your husband. Is he on o2?

Geeta

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

, My husband and I have been married 40 years and have been where you and Don are. And yes you probably are depressed. Most here take an anti-anxiety medication. My Dr. put me on it and I didn't think I needed it so I quit and in about a week I was a mess so now I stay on it with thankfulness for it. The best advise I have is to talk about it then come to the point you again LIVE and find happiness with your life.I have always been pretty active until this monster walked into our lives. I have pretty much had to give up my independence. I get out to Church on Sundays then usually shopping (in an electric cart form the stores) once a week.My Faith is strong and has helped me keep my spirits up. I am happy and enjoy my family and the members of this board I call my Air Family are my biggest support other than my family. The prednisone will make you feel anything but normal. Why the chemo? Is it for the PF ?Don't forget to take care of you.. I will be praying for you. Love and Prayers, PeggyFlorida, ipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. Not good.  We are reflecting each other.  I went from a busy person to nothing and at home all the time.   He is a he-man farmer who was always able to do about anything from manhandling a mad momma sow to holding up the family during trauma.   We often hold each other and cry.  He struggles most days to put one foot in front of another.   I think it might be meds, but the doc says that he isnt' sure if it is fibrosis or drugs.  Thanks Sher so much support here. KCentral Il.wife of DonSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: K.  This is all still pretty fresh for your family. It will take time to not stay in panic mode all the time. The caregivers group can be of much help to you personally .We try to encourage any family member but especially the one with whom we share this disease.How is Don handling all this? Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  HelloMy name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis.  Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me.   He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease.  Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Thank you! Yes he is on o2. He must use it more each week. I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how? As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard. There are so many more bad days now than good. I hope it is the medicine. May I ask, where are you? I am from the center of the US. Thank you for being one of my helpers and supporters. I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group. K Central Il. diagnosed fall2006Geeta Vasudev wrote: Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Me too. I have learned a lot just from the few hours I've belonged. I run downstairs and say "Hey Don, guess what several others started with a cough. Guess what, other doctors were turkey doctors. What a blessing everyone has been Thank you for helping. K Central Il Hubby pf 2006STEPHEN R WILSON wrote: Welcome, I am fairly new and consider this group the best. I'm sure others will welcome you, and ask for more

details including where you live and where your husband is in his desease.Steve59 from WAIPF 2006>From: Kennelly <l_kennelly>>Reply-To: Breathe-Support >To: Breathe-Support >Subject: Hello>Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:04:41 -0700 (PDT)>>My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. > Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and >we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease.> Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.>>>--------------------------------->Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

>now.

Guest guest

, I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus. Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com  very reasonable. Does he have an oxy-meter to keep check of his saturation? They are almost a must. a lot of Dr.'s say don't get one because you'll drive yourself nuts checking but it helps SOOO much to keep our sat. up above 90. We have a lot of tips if you want. I don't want to over whelm you with all this but will be glad to share information. Love and Prayers, PeggyFlorida, ipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. Thank you!  Yes he is on o2.  He must use it more each week.   I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how?  As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard.   There are so many more bad days now than good.  I hope it is the medicine.  May I ask, where are you?  I am from the center of the US.  Thank you for being one of my helpers and supporters.   I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group.  KCentral Il.diagnosed fall2006Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shoppingBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

What is NAC? I'll look on the web site. No one has ever said anything about the oxy-meter. I have not a clue what it is and why it is a good idea to keep track of it. K central IlPeggy wrote: , I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus. Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com very reasonable. Does he have an oxy-meter to keep check of his saturation? They are almost a must. a lot of Dr.'s say don't get one because you'll drive yourself nuts checking but it helps SOOO much to keep our sat. up above 90. We have a lot of tips if you want. I don't want to over whelm you with all this but will be glad to share information. Love and Prayers, Peggy Florida, ipf 6/04 Worry looks around. Sorry looks back, Faith looks up. On Mar 25, 2008,

at 12:06 AM, Kennelly wrote: Thank you! Yes he is on o2. He must use it more each week. I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how? As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard. There are so many more bad days now than good. I hope it is the medicine. May I ask, where are you? I am from the center of the US. Thank you for being one of my helpers and

supporters. I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group. K Central Il. diagnosed fall2006Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote: Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Peggy The Chemo is another option for possibly stopping the growth of the fibrosis. Mayo told us about it too. Are you on the prednisone? I too am on the anti anxiety pills. I've always thought that depression manifested itself in panic attacks in me. I've been to the ER many times thinking I was having a heart attack. I've learned over the years that it is just panic, and the pills keep it pretty much at bay. However, the constant crying is driving me nuts. I'm sitting up stairs on the computer listening to him cough his way through the night. Boy, now I really have something to panic about. Before it was nothing. I'd love to quit this incessant crying. My faith too is great. I spend much of the mornings in study

while he reads the paper. He can't get out to go to church with me, but I'm going to try to start going without him. I hate to leave him but I think he wants me to go. I pretty much don't get out a lot without him. He is tottery enough that I'm afraid that when I do leave him when he gets up to go to the bathroom he will fall. I'm so glad to have people use the power of prayer. So strong. Next December we will have been married 39 years so you and I have a lot in common. Thanks for the help. K Central Il. Hubby with pf 2006Peggy wrote: , My husband and I have been married 40 years and have been where you and Don are. And yes you probably are depressed. Most here take an anti-anxiety medication. My Dr. put me on it and I didn't think I needed it so I quit and in about a week I was a mess so now I stay on it with thankfulness for it. The best advise I have is to talk about it then come to the point you again LIVE and find happiness with your life. I have always been pretty active until this monster walked into our lives. I have pretty much had to give up my independence. I get out to Church on Sundays then usually shopping (in an electric cart form the stores) once a week. My Faith is strong and has helped me keep my spirits up. I am happy and enjoy my family and the members of

this board I call my Air Family are my biggest support other than my family. The prednisone will make you feel anything but normal. Why the chemo? Is it for the PF ? Don't forget to take care of you.. I will be praying for you. Love and Prayers, Peggy Florida, ipf 6/04 Worry looks around. Sorry looks back, Faith looks up. Not good. We are reflecting each other. I went from a busy person to nothing and at home all the time. He is a he-man farmer who was always able to do about anything from manhandling a mad momma sow to holding up the family during trauma. We often hold each other and cry. He struggles most days to put one foot in front of another. I think it might be meds, but the doc says that he isnt' sure if it is fibrosis or drugs. Thanks Sher so much support here. K Central Il. wife of DonSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: K. This is all still pretty fresh for your family. It will take time to not stay in panic mode all the time. The caregivers group can be of much help to you personally . We try to encourage any family member but especially the one with whom we share this disease. How is Don handling all this? Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Hello My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Yes, kids carry a lot of germs and I'm glad that I'm not there right now. Thanks for responding. Actually want to hear something funny? I am a big city girl that married a farm boy. He moved me to the small town for 35 years and then 3 years ago moved me to the farm when his parents died. It has been in the family for a Century, so we couldn't let it go. Hummm! Interesting that it is hereditary. I've heard that before. Don, as far as we know, has had no one in the family with it. K Central Illinois hubby pf2006 brett bowser wrote: Hi linda ; I think we have a lot in common I was raised on a farm my dad retired from school teaching to grow christmas tree's before that we had all the usual animals,,goats, cows, horses, you name it we had it but then he decided to grow xmas trees my mother was also a school teacher (pre school) but had to quit because of this disease (kids carry a lot of germs) I remember my dad doing everything to take care of her and my brothers and I helped as much as we could that was four years ago and I didn't know a thing about this disease but I learned

as much as I could from all the doctors my mom saw. so I kinda had a head start with this disease when I was diagnosed try not to think about all the horror's that come with this disease just take it one day at a time it's not the end of the world talk to you soon BRETT familial UIP/IPF 11/07 Mi. Thanks for responding. Naw! He won't post. He lets me do all the computer work. He can turn it on and get to email but that is it. He is an old farmer who never learned new tech - now I say that tongue in cheek because computers are pretty old and I struggle to tape on the TV. We have two boys and yes they do know and are very concerned. The one that lives close is very helpful but they both have young families and they feel helpless. We are going to have to put a hand rail on the back door and he will do it for us. We have a wonderful pulmonologist, 2 hours away, who if I have a problem, can talk directly to. He told us

initially that this is a treacherous disease but we are going to fight like crazy to save him. He continues to weaken. He has a cough that developed 6 months ago and that was the first real symptom that developed. The doc said that he has never had coughing be the first and primary symptom. 6 months of listen to him cough hard is tough. I am a school teacher close to retirement and have had to take an indefinite leave of absence to finish out the year. I also had another job as a tutor of children with dyslexia and have stopped them both. To go from busy,busy,busy has been tough. Thanks for your interest and concern. I fear he is very very ill, but I'm not sure how much is the medicine he is on. One day scared to death and the next day confident that we are going to make this. Sorry to ramble. Kenn husband Don diagnosed fall 2006. Sher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: ... there really aren't any "procedures" as such and you'll get used to everything as you read and post. Peggy named us the "Air-Family" and it stuck. We post all different times...some are in Africa, Scotland, Australia....and all across the country. Yes, your email went out to about 600 members I think we are now. Not all post and some post only occasionally. There does seem to be quite a few of us who post regularly...you'll learn our names quickly. Does your husband have a good support group within his family? Do you have kids and do they know yet? Is he seeing a pulmonologist? Will he be posting himself? What is his name? Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Hello Oh Thank you. I am reading a book about about a guy who has it and I sure wish I could talk to the author. I'm not sure of any procedures here. Is there a time when a bunch are online? Did my email go out to a bunch of people? Thanks Terry, I appreciate the hand of help. Terry Pennisi <terrypennisi> wrote: Hi , I am new to this myself, but I am sure you will be as happy as I've been that I found this group. You can cry, moan, get angry, or just be a little nuts and these people will still love you and be there for you! Ask any questions have, someone will have the answer, or point you in the right direction. Anytime you need me, I will be there. For now, I'll just send some hugs. Keep positive, Terry Kennelly <l_kennelly> wrote: My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67

and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. brett bowser brettvectordist

Guest guest

Here is article on NAChttp://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0IboRyRkoKABPjDYypYf_8v_yTK1Y3tXWXCiPTjwNykyQBfIQliOwNbZTvrih9Y42KWQw6kSj_y8j8mAbKvUM2pPzTMoEg/Antioxidant%20Improves%20Pulmonary%20Fibrosis%20TreatmentAlso go to group messages and search for NAChttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Breathe-Support/messageshere is about a Pulse/oxhttp://www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/content/content.asp?pageid=P07754 P Kennelly wrote: What is NAC? I'll look on

the web site. No one has ever said anything about the oxy-meter. I have not a clue what it is and why it is a good idea to keep track of it. K central IlPeggy <pac1773cfl (DOT) rr.com> wrote: , I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus. Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com very reasonable. Does he have an oxy-meter to keep check of his saturation? They are almost a must. a lot of Dr.'s say don't get one because you'll drive yourself nuts checking but it helps SOOO much to keep our sat. up above 90. We have a lot of tips if you want. I don't want to over whelm you with

all this but will be glad to share information. Love and Prayers, Peggy Florida, ipf 6/04 Worry looks around. Sorry looks back, Faith looks up. Thank you! Yes he is on o2. He must use it more each week. I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how? As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard. There are so many more bad days now than good. I hope it is the medicine. May I ask, where are you? I am from the center of the US. Thank you for being one of my helpers and supporters. I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group. K Central Il. diagnosed fall2006Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote: Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping Be a better friend,

newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Guest guest

Has he had a Hypersensitivity pneumonitis antibody panel. It a simple blood test that checks for all type of things that cause fibrosis. http://www.medicinenet.com/hypersensitivity_pneumonitis/article.htm#toch this about farmer lunghttp://www.emedicine.com/MED/topic771.htm P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Guest guest

I am from India and found this group last october,

since then i have only benfited from all the members

....I am 58 yrs old , I live in the city of Mumbai I

have 2 children, I am well cared for by all my family

I was diagnosed with IPF in 1995 and have been on o2

since oct 2005, i have been on prednisone all the

time with titrated doses , at prsent I a on 10mg and I

am stable. Initially I too was on methtextrate for a

while.

It is very difficult to be brave i agree and I am

sure you are being as courageous as possible , some of

us here have been through this for along time and

their positive attitude have made the journey easier ,

you can ask any questions and they will be answered ,

when you cry you will find many a shoulder you can

share evrything and feel better at the end of it.

How was the diagnosis made? why is he so weak? what

are the medicines he takes?

what are his saturation levels?

I prsy you and Don find a safe way through this

Geeta

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

...ask Don what he would like to know or questions he has and maybe we can help through you.

Can he use the computer? If so he may like 'talking to us' so he doesn't worry you with his questions or how he feels.

Wouldn't his Dr. know if it's the meds causing him to become weaker? I know some meds CAN make a person feel extremely tired/lethargic/weak.

I'm hoping both sites (caregivers too) will be helpful to you both.

God bless you.

Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello>Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:04:41 -0700 (PDT)>>My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. > Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and >we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease.> Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.>>>--------------------------------->Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it >now.

Guest guest

...do you know why your web sights do not create a blue-link for us to click on?

I have to Google any web site I want to look at.

Thanks.

Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Hello

Here is article on NAChttp://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0IboRyRkoKABPjDYypYf_8v_yTK1Y3tXWXCiPTjwNykyQBfIQliOwNbZTvrih9Y42KWQw6kSj_y8j8mAbKvUM2pPzTMoEg/Antioxidant%20Improves%20Pulmonary%20Fibrosis%20TreatmentAlso go to group messages and search for NAChttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Breathe-Support/messageshere is about a Pulse/oxhttp://www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/content/content.asp?pageid=P07754 P Kennelly <l_kennelly> wrote:

What is NAC? I'll look on the web site.

No one has ever said anything about the oxy-meter. I have not a clue what it is and why it is a good idea to keep track of it.

K

central IlPeggy <pac1773cfl (DOT) rr.com> wrote:

, I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus. Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com very reasonable.

Does he have an oxy-meter to keep check of his saturation? They are almost a must. a lot of Dr.'s say don't get one because you'll drive yourself nuts checking but it helps SOOO much to keep our sat. up above 90.

We have a lot of tips if you want. I don't want to over whelm you with all this but will be glad to share information.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

Florida, ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Thank you! Yes he is on o2. He must use it more each week. I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how? As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard. There are so many more bad days now than good. I hope it is the medicine.

May I ask, where are you? I am from the center of the US. Thank you for being one of my helpers and supporters. I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group.

K

Central Il.

diagnosed fall2006Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:

Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59

Guest guest

....Are Don's family supportive to him? I read that his parents died but does he have brothers/sisters?

Working on the farm for so many years it's a good possibility he breathed something into his lungs causing the disease. Especially if he worked around hay a lot or anything causing a "dust".

Re: Hello

Oh Thank you. I am reading a book about about a guy who has it and I sure wish I could talk to the author.

I'm not sure of any procedures here. Is there a time when a bunch are online? Did my email go out to a bunch of people?

Thanks Terry, I appreciate the hand of help.

Terry Pennisi <terrypennisi> wrote:

Hi ,

I am new to this myself, but I am sure you will be as happy as I've been that I found this group. You can cry, moan, get angry, or just be a little nuts and these people will still love you and be there for you!

Ask any questions have, someone will have the answer, or point you in the right direction.

Anytime you need me, I will be there. For now, I'll just send some hugs.

Keep positive,

Terry Kennelly <l_kennelly> wrote:

My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Terry Pennisi 11/07 IPF Nevada

brett bowser

brettvectordist

Guest guest

Sher, Can't you copy and paste ? Most of the sites come up blue just a few aren't. so I copy and paste. Love and Prayers, PeggyFlorida, ipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up. ...do you know why your web sights do not create a blue-link for us to click on?I have to Google any web site I want to look at.Thanks. Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Re: HelloHere is article on NAChttp://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0IboRyRkoKABPjDYypYf_8v_yTK1Y3tXWXCiPTjwNykyQBfIQliOwNbZTvrih9Y42KWQw6kSj_y8j8mAbKvUM2pPzTMoEg/Antioxidant%20Improves%20Pulmonary%20Fibrosis%20TreatmentAlso go to group messages and search for NAChttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Breathe-Support/messageshere is about a Pulse/oxhttp://www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/content/content.asp?pageid=P07754 P Kennelly <l_kennelly> wrote:What is NAC?  I'll look on the web site.No one has ever said anything about the oxy-meter. I have not a clue what it is and why it is a good idea to keep track of it.   Kcentral IlPeggy <pac1773cfl (DOT) rr.com> wrote:, I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus. Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com  very reasonable. Does he have an oxy-meter to keep check of his saturation? They are almost a must. a lot of Dr.'s say don't get one because you'll drive yourself nuts checking but it helps SOOO much to keep our sat. up above 90. We have a lot of tips if you want. I don't want to over whelm you with all this but will be glad to share information.Love and Prayers, PeggyFlorida, ipf 6/04Worry looks around.Sorry looks back,Faith looks up.Thank you!  Yes he is on o2.  He must use it more each week.   I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how?  As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard.   There are so many more bad days now than good.  I hope it is the medicine.  May I ask, where are you?  I am from the center of the US.  Thank you for being one of my helpers and supporters.   I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group.  KCentral Il.diagnosed fall2006Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shoppingBe a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. P     PM (Polymositis) 12/98,   UIP 8/00,   o2 24/7 8/04,    PH 3/06,    ILL    yo 59Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Which doctor do you go to in Springfield? I ask because I was given the name of one that someone recommended and I am wondering if they are the same doctor. Decatur had only one pulmanology clinic and I did not like me experience there and started looking around. I had no references in Springfield at the time so did not even consider anyone. I certainly would now to avoid the three hour drive to doctor office.

Thanks for info.

Fay

06/06 IPF IL

Hello

My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk to me. He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped upon by this disease.

Guest guest

I tried to c / p but it didn't go blue after Ipasted.....???

Here is article on NAChttp://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0IboRyRkoKABPjDYypYf_8v_yTK1Y3tXWXCiPTjwNykyQBfIQliOwNbZTvrih9Y42KWQw6kSj_y8j8mAbKvUM2pPzTMoEg/Antioxidant%20Improves%20Pulmonary%20Fibrosis%20TreatmentAlso go to group messages and search for NAChttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Breathe-Support/messageshere is about a Pulse/oxhttp://www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/content/content.asp?pageid=P07754 P Kennelly <l_kennelly> wrote:

No one has ever said anything about the oxy-meter. I have not a clue what it is and why it is a good idea to keep track of it.

K

, I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus.

Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com very reasonable.

Does he have an oxy-meter to keep check of his saturation? They are almost a must. a lot of Dr.'s say don't get one because you'll drive yourself nuts checking but it helps SOOO much to keep our sat. up above 90.

We have a lot of tips if you want. I don't want to over whelm you with all this but will be glad to share information.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

Florida, ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

Thank you! Yes he is on o2. He must use it more each week. I know I should be brave and I want to be brave but can you tell me how? As I listen to his coughing and the coughing is so hard. There are so many more bad days now than good. I hope it is the medicine.

May I ask, where are you? I am from the center of the US. Thank you for being one of my helpers and supporters. I have learned very much in just the few hours I have belonged to this group.

K

Central Il.

Hello ,Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found thisgroup and you couldnt have done better you can get alot of information , help and moral support here.It is important to be brave so that you canencourage your husband. Is he on o2?Geeta__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

I tried to c / p but it didn't go blue after Ipasted.....???

K

, I forgot to tell you. A lot of us take NAC for the cough. It seems to help quite a few. Dries up the mucus.

Order on line at www.PuritanPride.com very reasonable.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

Florida, ipf 6/04

Worry looks around.

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up.

K

Central Il.

Guest guest

K,

As difficult as this horrid disease is for the sufferer, it is doubly hard for the spouse. I can see the pain and fear on my husband's face. We have been sweethearts since we were children. We were best friends and still are. It is hard to know where one of us ends and the other begins.

I am glad that if one of us has to have a terminal illness, it has to be me. I could not bear losing him. It helps him if he sees me tryng to do better....and I am a fighter. He just accepts the bad times as they come, but they take thier toll.

What you are feeling is really too great for you to handle alone. It is a terrifying situation that you find yourself in. My husband is a man of deep faith, a bible student and he really knows that God will do all things in His time. He knows that God is faithful. That helps him to survive my sickness from day to day. He has helped me so many times by going to the scriptures and reading to me....and he prays with me. We know that when this body finally gives in to this monster disease, I will merely slide into my new and glorified body. He knows that we will see each other again and that there will then be no end to the days we can have together.

All that does not mean that he doesn't have to deal with the darkness and the fear. It just means that he has hope.

I pray that you will find someone that can help you cope. This is a huge task that is set before you. Talk to your family doctor, see a counselor if he thinks that is a necessity, take drugs for depression and anxiety if he suggests. Of course, you can seek cousel from scripture. But, look to taking care of you...so that you can take care of Don.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > Hello ,> Sorry to hear about your husband, you have found this> group and you couldnt have done better you can get a> lot of information , help and moral support here.> It is important to be brave so that you can> encourage your husband. Is he on o2?> Geeta> > __________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Guest guest

K...Welcome to one from

another.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s

too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and

MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m

gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Kennelly wrote:

My name is and my husband has been diagnosed with

pulmonary fibrosis. Whoosh, I've had problems finding someone to talk

to me. He is 67 and we feel like we have been run over and tromped

upon by this disease.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.1/1345 - Release Date: 3/26/2008 6:50 PM