RemedySpot.com

Biopsy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've had a needle kidney biopsy. It was not bad as procedures go,

but they went through a blood vessel and I had a lot of clots to

pass, they tell it was just like passing kidney stones. Anyway, I

suppose needle biopsies in general are all pretty simple.

Bridget

> Hello Everyone,

>

> I am scheduled to have a biopsy in about two weeks. Has anyone had

the

> procedure and what can you tell me about it? I would appreciate any

> information. I am going to Brigham and Woman's in Boston and they

do

> thousands of biopsy, but I still want to know the risks.

>

> Thanks everyone,

> in Vermont

>

> It was 36 below this morning!

Hello

Everyone,

I am

scheduled to have a biopsy in about two weeks. 

Has anyone had the procedure and what can you tell me about it?  I would appreciate any information.  I am going to Brigham and Woman’s in Boston

and they do thousands of biopsy, but I still want to know the risks.

Thanks

everyone,

in

Vermont     

It was 36

below this morning!

hi kelly,,,

im sure it depends on what kind of biopsy you need to have done....,.side

effects and risks would be different with each.

in my case i had a biopsy on lymphnodes performed. they made a

small incision on the side of my neck and removed 2 of them. that

same day i was told i had hodgkins disease.. one year of

chemo after and i was cancer free.

and to make a long story short,,,, the chemo drug adriamycin did

the damage to my heart that caused the icd and the

cardiomyopathy.... sometimes we cant win even when the say we

did.

bob in ms

At 08:09 AM 1/15/2004, you wrote:

Hello

Everyone,

I am scheduled to have a biopsy in about two weeks. Has anyone had

the procedure and what can you tell me about it? I would appreciate

any information. I am going to Brigham and Woman’s in Boston and

they do thousands of biopsy, but I still want to know the risks.

Thanks everyone,

in Vermont

It was 36 below this morning!

Please visit the Zapper homepage at

http://www.ZapLife.org

Bridget,

Were you awake during the procedure? If so did they give you any pain meds

or " make you feel sleepy meds " ?

Thanks,

Re: Biopsy

I've had a needle kidney biopsy. It was not bad as procedures go,

but they went through a blood vessel and I had a lot of clots to

pass, they tell it was just like passing kidney stones. Anyway, I

suppose needle biopsies in general are all pretty simple.

Bridget

> Hello Everyone,

>

> I am scheduled to have a biopsy in about two weeks. Has anyone had

the

> procedure and what can you tell me about it? I would appreciate any

> information. I am going to Brigham and Woman's in Boston and they

do

> thousands of biopsy, but I still want to know the risks.

>

> Thanks everyone,

> in Vermont

>

> It was 36 below this morning!

Please visit the Zapper homepage at

Hi Bob,

Good to

hear from you. Same question for

you as for Bridget…..were you awake during the procedure? I am such a stress mess when it comes

to hospitals…..I am concerned that I might need some meds to calm me down!

Thanks,

-----Original

Message-----

[mailto:BobbyJ85@...]

Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004

12:22 PM

Subject: RE: Biopsy

hi kelly,,,

im sure it depends on what kind of biopsy you need to have done....,.side

effects and risks would be different with each.

in my case i had a biopsy on lymphnodes performed. they made a small

incision on the side of my neck and removed 2 of them. that same day i

was told i had hodgkins disease.. one year of chemo after and i was

cancer free.

and to make a long story short,,,, the chemo drug adriamycin did the

damage to my heart that caused the icd and the cardiomyopathy....

sometimes we cant win even when the say we did.

bob in ms

At 08:09 AM 1/15/2004, you wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am scheduled to have a biopsy in about two weeks. Has anyone had the

procedure and what can you tell me about it? I would appreciate any

information. I am going to Brigham and Woman’s in Boston and they do

thousands of biopsy, but I still want to know the risks.

Thanks everyone,

in Vermont

It was 36 below this morning!

Please visit the

Zapper homepage at

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Sounds

great! I hope the rest of the treatment goes as well for you. I had a slightly

more difficult time with my biopsy, but not too much worse. Nothing a few Tylenol

#3’s couldn’t take care of. I know what you mean about the waiting, that’s a

little tough. When I go down there and they suck my blood, I want them to tell

me right then and there what the results are, or at least in a day or two. My

clinic is right on the hospital site, what the hell takes two weeks? Do they

send it by pony express to a lab in Timbuktu for testing? Oh well, I’d like to

learn to be patient, but I don’t have the time. -dz-

-----Original

Message-----

[mailto:swaveanddebonerguy@...]

Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004

8:08 PM

To:

Subject: [ ]

biopsy

Hello everyone! Hope all is well. Had my biopsy today. The whole

process took about two and a half minutes, but the laying around

took 6 hours. They finally let me go home around 2:30 pm and the

whole thing was quite uneventful. The only thing I have now is a

slightly tender right side and shoulder. They told me this was

normal. The only pain I felt were the needles for the freezing, and

that was minimal. Now I have to wait until April 12th to get my

meds. All this waiting is a test of the patience I tell ya. It's

been over a year since they noticed something wrong with my liver.

Anyway, to those who have yet to endure a biopsy, I hope my

experience with it helps you. Bottom line...it was a piece of cake.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Good for you on curtailing the drinking, Lance. I was lucky, I had quit for my own reasons before I found out I had hep. A biopsy is the best diagnostic tool out there as far as gauging the amount of liver damage, but it does have it's risks and is riskier to some than others. It's a matter of choice. To me the risk was minimal, I don't have any complicating factors, such as thin blood, etc. It provided me with a lot of information. It did hurt and cause discomfort for a day or so, but not that bad. Servicemen serving during the Vietnam era have had a very high incidence of hcv, in comparison with the general population. There was a lot of drug use over there, and the they used unsafe mass inoculation procedures, and are slow in taking responsibility for taking care of the vets affected. I have gotten a lot of information from the website you mentioned, too. -dz-Lance Rommerdahl <lrommerdah@...> wrote:

I did not have a biopsy since I had Hep C since Vietnam (30+ yrs)and I have always been a heavy drinker. So the Doctor & I fiqured that the damage done is done, stop drinking and tx. Live a healthier lifestyle w/ supplements and take it from there. A Biopsy hurts and has risks.My favorite site: www.HepCvets.com

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Thats a drive eh!! I'm taKING the bus home..Have to be there at 7:30am, the procedure is for 9..Way I look at it is I can be at Walmart by 12ish! This is my first one.. Yippee..So they are looking for what ?? Or is this just a rountine thing??Kathy <kcmija@...> wrote: Hey Kathy, looks like we both get a biopsy next week.I am on for Friday,14th. I will be driving to Jewish hospital in ST. Louis. Kathy Brunow

Guest guest

Kathy I hope and pray you and both have smooth and easy bio's. dKathy Brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote: Thats a drive eh!! I'm taKING the bus home..Have to be there at 7:30am, the procedure is for 9..Way I look at it is I can be at Walmart by 12ish! This is my first one.. Yippee..So they are looking for what ?? Or is this just a rountine thing??Kathy

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

I will be sedated, out cold etc..I don't forsee any problems..Doctor has the right idea.. Sedate them, then strap them to the table.. Works.. Kathydannegrl <dannegrl2003@...> wrote: Kathy I hope and pray you and both have smooth and easy bio's. dKathy Brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote: Thats a drive eh!! I'm taKING the bus home..Have to be there at 7:30am, the procedure is for 9..Way I look at it is I can be at Walmart by 12ish! This is my first one.. Yippee..So they are looking for what ?? Or is this just a rountine thing??Kathy Kathy Brunow

Guest guest

I hope my next one is done like that. The one bio I had done was with me wide awake. I was given a shot to deaden the area??!! I seen the tool for the bio and wished for a drink lol. It was mostly painfree. Then the shot wore off. I had a huge bruise and was sore for weeks. BUT I have a real hard time with my sides hurting all the time. Mitch had to sit with me the whole 4 hrs that I had to lie still. When Mitch had his he hurt very little. He too was wide awake. I wish I could get rid of this headache... See everyone at chat I hope. love d Kathy Brunow <kathy-boo@...> wrote: I will be sedated, out cold etc..I don't forsee any problems..Doctor has the right idea.. Sedate them, then strap them to the table.. Works..

Kathy

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Hi Kathy,

Saint Louis from Kansas City used to be about 12-18 beers, depending on who was driving, oh the olden days.Now I have no idea, maybe a cup of coffee and 3 or 4 diet cokes and I don't pull over and pee off the road anymore, so we may have to spend the night somewhere in between.

It's pretty routine to have a biopsy after you finish a round of treatment, so nothing unusual.

Re: Biopsy

Thats a drive eh!! I'm taKING the bus home..Have to be there at 7:30am, the procedure is for 9..Way I look at it is I can be at Walmart by 12ish! This is my first one.. Yippee..So they are looking for what ?? Or is this just a rountine thing??Kathy <kcmija@...> wrote:

Hey Kathy, looks like we both get a biopsy next week.I am on for Friday,14th.

I will be driving to Jewish hospital in ST. Louis.

Kathy Brunow

Guest guest

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU ON YOUR BIOPSY KATDeb <posttransplant@...> wrote: Kathy I hope and pray you and both have smooth and easy bio's. d Amen to that and for great results too. Love and Hugs. Deb

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

You two will come out with flying colors! Ask for a vicadin and it will make the bus ride much easier Boo...it did for me & I was awake during my procedure. wish they would have koncked me out...lol

Re: Re: Biopsy

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU ON YOUR BIOPSY

KATDeb <posttransplant@...> wrote:

Kathy I hope and pray you and both have smooth and easy bio's.

d

Amen to that and for great results too.

Love and Hugs.

Deb

Guest guest

It would be nice, but!! When I had my surgery I was given a weeks supply or MS Con-tin, then a weeks worth of vicadin.. Fine so far eh!! The next week I was grudgingly given another script for vicadin and told this was it..So I split them.. After that Tylenol.. For some reason they get leery about giving old addicts good drugs. Regarless that I've been clean for thirty years..Kathy BooPat McBride <pmcbride1@...> wrote: You two will come out with flying colors! Ask for a vicadin and it will make the bus ride much easier Boo...it did for me & I was awake during my procedure. wish they would have koncked me out...lol Kathy Brunow

Guest guest

Well, I dont think vicadin is liver friendly..now and then it helps though...

My cobblers are in the oven and Teagan is in the tub...Off to Dads get together at about 1 o clock...Have a nice day sister...Hugs, Patty

Re: Re: Biopsy

It would be nice, but!! When I had my surgery I was given a weeks supply or MS Con-tin, then a weeks worth of vicadin.. Fine so far eh!! The next week I was grudgingly given another script for vicadin and told this was it..So I split them.. After that Tylenol.. For some reason they get leery about giving old addicts good drugs. Regarless that I've been clean for thirty years..Kathy BooPat McBride <pmcbride1@...> wrote:

You two will come out with flying colors! Ask for a vicadin and it will make the bus ride much easier Boo...it did for me & I was awake during my procedure. wish they would have koncked me out...lol

Kathy Brunow

Guest guest

Have fun...BooPat McBride <pmcbride1@...> wrote: Well, I dont think vicadin is liver friendly..now and then it helps though... My cobblers are in the oven and Teagan is in the tub...Off to Dads get together at about 1 o clock...Have a nice day sister...Hugs, Patty Kathy Brunow

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

ANNA. WHEN MY DR SAY NO NEED OF BIOPSY SO WHY SHOULD I FOLLOW THOSE CRAZY DRS WHO TOOK EVERY PATIENT TO OPS TABLE JUST FOR THEIR FINANCIAL BENEFIT. <annalivia4@...> wrote: I encourage everyone to share their biopsy experience, tell if they have had a biopsy, why and why not? What influenced your decision to get one or not get one? What does your doctor advise you to do in terms of getting one and why? This issue is an important decision and we can benefit from sharing with each other what our experience are. Please share with the group any input on

this topic. Thanks,

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

I hope the day will come when there is something better for all of us. Although I still have that 6 month viral load to take,I would like to believe there is something better coming soon. Yep soon and I know just like many of us that I feel proud and privileged to be paving the way for the near future and medical discoveries by our HCV med cases. Sorry about dumping so many articles in group today but I ran across a lot of good ones and I relax by reading med journals. Ya think I need help

???? :) Love and Hugs. Deb

Guest guest

I hope the day will come when there is something better for all of us. Although I still have that 6 month viral load to take,I would like to believe there is something better coming soon. Yep soon and I know just like many of us that I feel proud and privileged to be paving the way for the near future and medical discoveries by our HCV med cases. Sorry about dumping so many articles in group today but I ran across a lot of good ones and I relax by reading med journals. Ya think I need help

???? :) Love and Hugs. Deb

Guest guest

Oh this is really great news. Finally you get the much deserved break. love d <kcmija@...> wrote: I got my biopsy report from my last biopsy in April after treatment. I am now stage 2, grade 1. That is a drop in a stage and a grade. I was stage 3. Treatment seems to either work really well or not at all. I hope the day will come when there is something better for all of us. Although I still have that 6 month viral load to take,I would like to believe

there is something better coming soon.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Sorry about dumping so many articles in group today but I ran across a lot of good ones and I relax by reading med journals. Ya think I need help ???? :) Deb Do you translate the material??? lol. I used to love reading everything. The more complex the more I loved it. Since tx I get so lost in the most simple pages. It seems I get easily overwhelmed with the info and then cant make heads or tails out of it.. love d

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Sorry about dumping so many articles in group today but I ran across a lot of good ones and I relax by reading med journals. Ya think I need help ???? :) Deb Do you translate the material??? lol. I used to love reading everything. The more complex the more I loved it. Since tx I get so lost in the most simple pages. It seems I get easily overwhelmed with the info and then cant make heads or tails out of it.. love d

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

that doesnt happen very often kc...but youve been the miracle man...Glad to hear it..and God Bless You brother..Pat

RE: Biopsy

Hey guy at least your liver healed a lot,so that is a blessing.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of Sent: May 31, 2006 11:51 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Biopsy

I got my biopsy report from my last biopsy in April after treatment.

I am now stage 2, grade 1. That is a drop in a stage and a grade. I was stage 3.

Treatment seems to either work really well or not at all.

I hope the day will come when there is something better for all of us. Although I still have that 6 month viral load to take,I would like to believe there is something better coming soon.