RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Fw: Top 20 Winning Quotes for Parents of Children with Special Needs - The Special Needs Parent Blog - SpecialNeedsParentCoach.com [10 Attachments]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Loved it! Thanks for sharing. I will pass it on to other parents! Ida

From: La Belle <richlabelle@ fndfl.org>Subject: [FND Heart Network] Emailing: Top 20 Winning Quotes for Parents of Children with Special Needs - The Special Needs Parent Blog - SpecialNeedsParentC oach.comTo: fndfllistserv@ fndfl.org, tileslistfndfl (DOT) .org, popinlistfndfl (DOT) org, pensouthern@ fndfl.org, pirclistfndfl (DOT) orgDate: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 5:35 PM

Overwhelmed No More!

FREE RESOURCES

BOOKS

COACHING CLUB

CONSULTING

TELESEMINARS, WEBINARS, AND WORKSHOPS

TESTIMONIALS

— BLOG: The Special Needs Parent

CALENDAR

ABOUT

CONTACT

HOME

Wish you had a roadmap for navigating life as a mom or dad of a child with special needs? Now you can have the Complete System for Balanced Living for Parents of Children with Special Needs - Learn More!

Subscribe to the Overwhelmed No More! Newsletter

Get the FREE Overwhelmed No More! Newsletter, with monthly, practical tips and strategies that will help you navigate life as a mom or dad of a child with special needs.

First Name

Primary Email Address

Learn more about SNPC Founder and President Joan Celebi here. To contact Joan, call .

Be My Friend On Facebook

Main | Quote of the Week for Parents of Children with Special Needs: Say Something Nice About Yourself »

Top 20 Winning Quotes for Parents of Children with Special Needs

by Joan Celebi, Ed.M., CLCFounder, SpecialNeedsParentC oach.com

This article appeared earlier today in my FREE Overwhelmed No More! Newsletter. To subscribe, enter your name and email address in the sign-up box to the left. You'll get practical tips and inspiring ideas every month to help you navigate life as a parent of a child with special needs.

With all the wonderful quotes that came pouring in during our Quotes Contest, I was reminded what a sharing, caring community we have as parents of children with special needs. It was truly humbling to see how many moms and dads took time from their busy day to send in their favorite quotes, often with little notes like:

"This has been on my fridge for years." "We say this with our son each night before bed." "My grandmother gave these to me last year." "I carry these with me every day."

I was so moved by the quotes and notes readers sent in, that I just had to devote today's newsletter to sharing them with you. I could only feature some of the quotes here, but you'll see many more in my blog in the weeks ahead. Here are the 20 that I chose to include today!

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

"The only way we can be there for our children is to be there for ourselves." (Anonymous)

"You've developed the strength of a draft horse while holding onto the delicacy of a daffodil ... you are the mother, advocate and protector of a child with a disability." -Lori Borgman

"Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." -Bill Cosby

"The central struggle of parenthood is to let our hopes for our children outweigh our fears." (Ellen Goodman)

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." -- Brault

"Perseverance is not a long race. It is many short races one after another." - W. Elliot

"If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you'll be right." -Henry Ford "Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further." - Carlyle

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway!" - Wayne

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." -Dalai Lama

"Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same." -Franz Schubert

"Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway." -Unknown

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The squeaky wheel NEEDS the grease.." -Rick Lavoie

"If you've told a child a thousand times and he still does not understand, then it is not the child who is the slow learner." -Walter Barbee

"What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Children remind us to treasure the smallest of gifts, even in the most difficult times." - Klein

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties or you alter the way you meet them." (Phyllis Bottome)

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." (Mother )

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." -unknown

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." - Cortez

Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 by Joan Celebi | Post a Comment

View Printer Friendly Version

Email Article to Friend

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

Post a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.. My response is on my own website »

Author: (forget stored information)

Author Email (optional):

Author URL (optional):

↓ | ↑

Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>

Comment Moderation EnabledYour comment will not appear until it has been cleared by a web site editor.

Link an External Response

Have a response on your own site? You can either use the [Trackback URL] for this entry, or link to your response directly. I want to leave a comment directly on this site »

Article Title:

Article URL:

Article Excerpt (optional):

Site Name:

Site URL (optional):

Author Name:

References will be subject to editor approval before appearing. Your reference will not appear until it has been cleared by a website editor.

To contact Joan Celebi, call .© 2006-2009 Joan Celebi and The Special Needs Parent Coach. All rights reserved.Site produced by Sharilyn Horne Business Concepts.