RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello and Happy New Year!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi. I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone a Happy New Year's Day.

My name is . Looking back now I think my disordered eating began when I was about 12 as a response to watching my mother diet and yell at my sister for eating too much. From there I began a lifetime of dieting. I can also recall, however, brief periods when my kids were little and my appearance kind of got put on the back burner for me and it was then that I seemed to not binge....because of course I wasn't dieting but eating intuitively.

I have been married 16 years and have two "tween" girls. We moved into our "new-er" home about 6 years ago and that seems to be when things turned for the worse. I started off by losing 25 pounds and got sickly thin. The more I lost the more I was wrapped up in my appearance. I began exercising and as I gained muscle I perceived it as fat and kept restricting which resulted in more frequent bingeing. I ended up gaining almost all of the weight back and while I actually look to be a healthy size I am still battling the bingeing only now of course I am much more knowledgeable about the reasons why it is happening. I have tried intuitive eating a couple times in the past but my dieting mentality told me I would "get fat". Now I realize intuitive eating is the ONLY way to feel healthy. I am very grateful to have found this group. It will be nice to have someone to talk to who knows where I am coming from. I hope I can help some of you as well.

Again, Happy New Year and thanks for having me.