RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Almond butter and C

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear list,

If you keep track of who's writing what on this listserve (I don't always keep track), you'll know that I've been having pretty intense problems with constipation over the last 2 months. Then, two days ago, I introduced almond butter into my diet. I just wanted to report that the results have been amazing! I've had soft but firm bowel movements, two yesterday, and one this morning (this is after almost two weeks of absolutely NOTHING). Even better, no blood! I haven't been this excited about bowel movements since I was changing my children's first few diapers!

I didn't expect this at all. I'd actually introduced almond flour, in the form of muffins 10 days ago, and when that didn't have any effect, I finally started stewing prunes every morning. Still no effect. I was just about to do the prune nectar-orange juice mix thing, but happened to be on vacation where there is a Whole Foods, and so picked up a jar of almond butter just for fun. The results were almost instantaneous (and joyous!)

So now my problem is, the cheapest almond butter I can find in Des Moines is $20 for a 16-oz jar! Do any of you order almond butter online? Any suggestions for best companies to buy from? Unfortunately Lucy's Kitchen does not sell almond butter -- just the flour (which I ordered already).

Thanks as always!

Ann

UC, SCD since 03/30/2008